Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Galactic Union Bank Reels from Bombing
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Galactic News Frequency » Galactic Union Bank Reels from Bombing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Thu, June 10th 2010 03:25pm    Post subject: Galactic Union Bank Reels from Bombing

The prestigious Politician Branch of the Intergalactic Bank of the Galactic Union on Denon lies in ruins today, after an assault purportedly orchestrated by the infamous Vera Nico.

Both a team led by Jedi Knights and the Denon security forces were unable to prevent the pair of bombs from decimating the Bank headquarters. Casualties were kept to a minimum, with no reported deaths, but despite efforts, Nico was not apprehended.

Her motive was originally assumed to be extortion and the theft of an important artifact of Kuati stock. However, a transmission broadcast around the Holonet has put her motives into doubt. It presented here in its unabridged form:

People of the Galactic Union. I am Vera Nico. Tonight I have destroyed the Galactic Union Stock Exchange and the Politician Branch of the main bank. This was not an act of aggression, but a statement for and by the people. The Union has brought peace and justice, but it has only done so for the rich and the esteemed. The working class still suffers. It bends and breaks under corporate pressure.

You sweat and toil under conditions that are fitted to be nothing more than slaves. You are tired, you are starving, you are young, you are old. Your hearts are beating healthy, but unfulfilled. You are told of triumphs, you are told of success. Yet you do not witness them. Miracles happen in different ways, like the gift of life.

And in this mission, I have insured that not a single was taken from you. I made a bold statement, with no one killed for the cause, but the financial pockets of the rich and famous. Tonight I do not call you to arms, nor do I call you to action. I ask that you watch, that you listen. The binds of tyranny will only give a shattered hope.

Union Bank stocks have fallen sharply, dropping to a level not seen since Warlord Andre's assault on Tatooine. This comes as an additional hit to consumer confidence after the attack on the Coruscant Jedi Temple and the decimation of the New Republic's military leadership. The Galactic Union is expected to announce measures to stabilize the markets.

Nico, a fugitive to the Kuati government and a supposed-hero to the working classes, has long divided many opinions across the galaxy. All Union states have officially condemned the attack, but polls have not yet been released regarding the public's sympathy to Nico's agenda and her statement.

Relevant post: http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=456
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Galactic News Frequency » Galactic Union Bank Reels from Bombing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: