Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Doppelganger
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Doppelganger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximillion Cyrus
dudop

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 12:07am    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:

Quote:
But if I happen to get really desperate for some reason I can take all my crossovers there. :P And then blow up the planet they're on when I'm done with them. :twisted:

...I'd sooner unlock the old VIII forum and just pick up that horrible, tangled mess of plot holes and godmods than allow you to do that.>_>

:p
What's wrong with going off and kicking a corpse? :P If you meant me leaving here, that won't happen. I posted a while ago explaining that I'm currently juggling about a quarter of life as we know it (on second thought, I may have listed all 42 things) and I'm still sticking around. And watching deranged anime for plot ideas and stuff :twisted:
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 12:17am    Post subject:

Hey, dudop...? Go kick their asses :p

Seriously, Han can vouch for what they did to me. Yes, I was going to app Astella Soilding, a girl, and I'm a guy. They called me and everyone else who has a character in the opposite or both sexes, a perv.

But I'm just fine, I'm just quietly plotting revenge and nudging dudop to god-mod their asses :twisted:

But really, they (Zekk and everyone else on the mod staff) called us all pervs, and that we are perverting and abusing the other sexes for having characters in the other sexes. Seriously, stay away from those... Damn, can't break the swear filter here >_< :P
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 12:20am    Post subject:

Oh, yeah... I remember that. He was utterly shocked when he found out Han Solo was played by a woman in Episode VII. Although, he didn't seem to mind it with me playing Shayera... but, then again, she wasn't really a main then.

Quote:
But I'm just fine, I'm just quietly plotting revenge and nudging dudop to god-mod their asses :twisted:

Tempting, but no. That's what they would do... and we're better than that. ;)

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 12:28am    Post subject:

I'm assuming that none of the guys over there have ever played, say, Tomb Raider. Or that none of the females over there have played a vast majority of the video games made since they were first invented.

Assuming there are any females over there.
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 12:31am    Post subject:

There are. But Katie—I think that was her name—generally played female characters, so, it fits into his mindset. :p

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 12:31am    Post subject:

Ehh...I knew it was only a matter of time. It's just one of those things you need to brush off and forget. I clean my hands of him.

Little does he know the world of RPGs is full of people playing all sorts of characters(yes, even those of the opposite sex). It's just the way things work. It's about telling a story and developing your characters. The same thing occurs while writing a novel or short story. Is he going to call all authors perverts for 'getting inside the head' of a character of the opposite sex to tell a tale?
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 12:49am    Post subject:

...Timothy Zahn is a filthy, filthy man then. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 12:56am    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
...Timothy Zahn is a filthy, filthy man then. :p

...But not as filthy a woman as Karen Traviss. :P
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 12:58am    Post subject:

...Actually, Traviss might well justify the line of thought at the other RPG (it's actually kind of creepy that they still think of us enough to mention us, however indirectly, in their rules :?)...

EDIT: Brote, I'm very disappointed. You don't link to an RPG where you're an admin... that's just bad form. And the disguised advertising...? You know better.

Expand

Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 04:12am    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
And then there was Ikrit... oh God, the Ikrit posts... *whimper*

Ughhhh....

lol How awkward. And to think I left him with the Jedi younglings. :(
 Back to top »
Maximillion Cyrus
dudop

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 05:10pm    Post subject:

Woah wut? This is an ad? :shock:
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 05:50pm    Post subject:

It turns out Brote is an admin there... so the OP, with it being some random chance discovery and great minds thinking alike, is a setup. If you want to advertise on my site, you ask my permission.

And before someone quotes my good friend Niccolo, with me, it is far, far easier to ask permission than forgiveness. I enjoy breaking axioms. ;)

Expand

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 07:02pm    Post subject:

No Ams you'd be incorrect. I myself, along with Zekk, spoke to the original Heckler (one from here) and the new one (Kantner) last night. He did in fact find our little hole in the wall, I'm sorry that it came off as though Brote (Unity one) advertised here. The Brote on our one (Kantner) is a moderator and has no ties or affiliation to this (unity) rpg.

There are a few admins on Zekk's site which include myself. So if you wanna aim at anyone, look over here, since I am the one who has been in right under your noses the entire time, where as Brote (Unity) only found out about us yesterday.
Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 07:21pm    Post subject:

Ah. My mistake then.

And I'm not aiming just because you play there... I thought Brote was advertising. Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for explaining. :)

Expand

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 09:03pm    Post subject:

No problem. I just wanted to clarify so poor old Heckler didn't suffer any unnecessary wrath.

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 09:31pm    Post subject:

Well, I'm sure he appreciates that, don't you, Brote? Go on, tell the nice man you appreciate it... I'm waiting... :p

And just for the record, I hold no grudge or bad blood toward anyone from the other game. I don't want anyone to think that because they came over from Zekk's game that they're some kind of pariah or outcast; as far as I'm concerned, all of the hostilities are in the past, in another game. This is a clean slate... and I'd very much like to keep it that way.

Expand

Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 09:58pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Well, I'm sure he appreciates that, don't you, Brote? Go on, tell the nice man you appreciate it... I'm waiting... :p

At first I thought you were joking. I'd make a snide remark and we'd have a laugh at an old acquittance, who I really didn't remember. Did you really think I'd do that? I feel a little insulted, honestly. :P

Quote:
And just for the record, I hold no grudge or bad blood toward anyone from the other game. I don't want anyone to think that because they came over from Zekk's game that they're some kind of pariah or outcast; as far as I'm concerned, all of the hostilities are in the past, in another game. This is a clean slate... and I'd very much like to keep it that way.

I don't think they seem to think the same way.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 10:10pm    Post subject:

Well, I hope Kyp can set them straight... right? :p

And yeah, sorry Brote. On the bright side, my optimism for you has been fully restored instead of wondering if that was your evil master plan all along, just before you launch the suggestive rocket ship. <_<

Expand

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 10:19pm    Post subject:

Well Zekk is the only one of us that was around for all of that jazz back in the day, so you'd have to ask him.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 10:21pm    Post subject:

Just seems like an awful lot of vitriol for something that happened so long ago, over a game. I mean, we're even referenced—repeatedly and rather negatively—over there. Isn't there anything better to do? :?

Expand

Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 10:31pm    Post subject:

Thomas Heckler wrote:
Ams Jendob wrote:

At first I thought you were joking. I'd make a snide remark and we'd have a laugh at an old acquittance, who I really didn't remember. Did you really think I'd do that? I feel a little insulted, honestly. :P

Quote:

I don't think they seem to think the same way.

That's their problem then. If they want to continue to live in the past and pass on the bad blood, that's their prerogative and there's nothing we can do to change that.

As for me(and I'm sure the rest of the admin team feel the same), I'm here to play the game and have fun. The past is in the past and I've moved on. Here's to our continual success! :D
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 10:44pm    Post subject:

TO AN RPG THAT WILL LAST A THOUSAND YEARS!

...No. Seriously. At the rate we're moving, we'll be going to Y42 when Futurama isn't just a show. >_>

:p

Expand

Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 10:45pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Just seems like an awful lot of vitriol for something that happened so long ago, over a game. I mean, we're even referenced—repeatedly and rather negatively—over there. Isn't there anything better to do? :?

I know, I tried to explain that to them, they didn't seem totally convinced but were willing to work out their past differences.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 10:47pm    Post subject:

Even just a simple live and let live policy...

Oh well. So, we've solved the mystery of the Brote Twin. What's next, gang? :p

Expand

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Doppelganger
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: