Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
After Bakura Plots + The Second Battle of Endor
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » After Bakura Plots + The Second Battle of Endor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, May 26th 2011 10:16am    Post subject: After Bakura Plots + The Second Battle of Endor

Now that we are developing some awesome character arcs, let's plan another..

This is for ALL Players, those involved at Bakura and those not.

We have a pretty awesome system going... new characters can come in, and others can go on their merry way...

===

Personally, I thought Krauss would actively pursue the ships that escaped Bakura, maybe bringing them to Endor. (Which is very close to Bakura) - It would be a moral victory for the True Empire, and wouldn't take too much time in vaporize a good portion of the Ewoks. :P

Plus who wouldn't want to fight it out on Endor??
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, May 26th 2011 12:22pm    Post subject:

You want to kill off the Ewoks? :shock:

You meanie! :P
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, May 26th 2011 12:25pm    Post subject:

Not all of them! We might not even bother with them, repeating the same mistake as last time! :P
 Back to top »
Tarison Var
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, May 26th 2011 06:20pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You want to kill off the Ewoks?

I thought they already went extinct? I'll have to look it up...

Code of the Sith
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, May 26th 2011 08:29pm    Post subject:

Tarison Var wrote:
Quote:
You want to kill off the Ewoks?

I thought they already went extinct? I'll have to look it up...

I'm pretty sure that's a common misconception that's cononcally been established as not having happened. I think there was Imperial Propaganda that played a role in the belief that it took place from an in-universe perspective.

The Ewoks should be alive and well, though, if Unity hasn't established something else happening to them.
Nick Zorrin
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, May 26th 2011 08:54pm    Post subject:

On a side note, I wouldn't mind finding a reason to get Nick involved in such a plot, should I be able to get him off Dosuun by then. :P

Ams Jendob wrote:
Never underestimate the power of the Moff side. ;)
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, May 26th 2011 11:47pm    Post subject:

AAAAAnnnyway.... disregarding ewok logistics, I'm in. Like always. I have a friend who's joining up as well, and looking to play, i think this would be a good initial plot for him. I'll tell him to come say hey...

Tag: Ron Solo and Chewy
 Back to top »
Tarison Var
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, May 27th 2011 12:54am    Post subject:

Maybe Badim and Clare can join in :wink:

Anyways, Sara and H6 are in. It's an ongoing debate whether to bring Badim and Clare back, I will at a later date, but I think I'm just going to let them float.

Code of the Sith
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, May 27th 2011 04:47am    Post subject:

haha, Any one have any ideas? We should write this up in the coming week and get a stamp of approval from CMAC.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, May 27th 2011 12:53pm    Post subject:

you shouldn't ask me for ideas, i come up with things like zombies *ahem* Necropolis *ahem*. but yeah, i'll brainstorm...
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, May 27th 2011 09:22pm    Post subject:

Quote:
you shouldn't ask me for ideas, i come up with things like zombies *ahem* Necropolis *ahem*. but yeah, i'll brainstorm...

Well, now that we have Deathtroopers and Red Harvest in canon... :p

EDIT: Also, as far as Endor goes... Daara was opposed a while ago, but. things change. And I was drawing up something for Riene to do involving our favorite fuzzball planet... <_<

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, May 28th 2011 04:09am    Post subject:

Cool! Let me know if you want to combine up with ours, or have us go somewhere else, don't want to mess up your plans. :P

Things are getting exciting!!
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, May 29th 2011 02:51am    Post subject:

Bespin would be cool too.....

<_<

>_>
 Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Sun, May 29th 2011 09:05am    Post subject:

IMO Bespin probably makes more sense, but either is okay with me (speaking as Daara).
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, May 29th 2011 12:43pm    Post subject:

Cool, I say we start planning for Bespin, that way Daara or Riene can take care of Endor. (Unless Ams, you'd want to jump on board) in that case we can do both. I just wasn't sure if Daara would go all the way from Muunilinst down to Bespin, it makes more sense if she has a couple different "theaters", her leading the onslaught against the Imperials in the north, Krauss coming up through the Outer Rim and some of the southern colonies. (But that is just my guess).

I'm thinking Bespin is a little better of a fight, but its an outer world, and unless the Republic puts their defense to the line versus protecting the core, Bespin will fall.

Just a few questions to help the planning process:

- Is it correct to assume that most planets will fall to the True Empire, then in the end, the Republic builds up some steam, etc, or is this a hard fight from the get-go? I'm a little confused on what the overall progress of the game is going to be, with fewer people and all.

- What can be expected on Bespin? I do not think the Battlesystem is really required any more, we seem to be pulling off some cohabitation quite well.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, May 29th 2011 01:04pm    Post subject:

Quote:
- Is it correct to assume that most planets will fall to the True Empire, then in the end, the Republic builds up some steam, etc, or is this a hard fight from the get-go? I'm a little confused on what the overall progress of the game is going to be, with fewer people and all.

No. Muunilinst and Bilbringi were surprise attacks, but there's serious reinforcement of strategic targets, on both sides. Any future battles are likely to be very hard-fought.

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nick Zorrin
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, June 02nd 2011 01:52pm    Post subject:

So where do we currently stand with this? Is there really anything sorted out about it other than it might take place at either Endor or Bespin? Or are we even open to other planets still yet that aren't straight out of the movies?

Ams Jendob wrote:
Never underestimate the power of the Moff side. ;)
 Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Thu, June 02nd 2011 03:39pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I just wasn't sure if Daara would go all the way from Muunilinst down to Bespin, it makes more sense if she has a couple different "theaters", her leading the onslaught against the Imperials in the north, Krauss coming up through the Outer Rim and some of the southern colonies. (But that is just my guess).

Well, my rationale is that Endor doesn't have much strategic value—capturing it would only deal a morale blow. Long story short, I think it would be a good planet to take, but I don't think now is the right time for it.

Quote:

- What can be expected on Bespin? I do not think the Battlesystem is really required any more, we seem to be pulling off some cohabitation quite well.

If we want to pre-determine the battle, that's fine with me. :D

Quote:

Moff is right. Daara was meant to strike a very incisive blow with Muunilinst and Bilbringi, which would have turned Union members against each other. Many planets will question their own allegiance, but Daara isn't going to plow over the entire galaxy. :p As of now, things are fairly even, aside from the current lingering effects of surprise and advanced technology from Daara (as well as the ideological unity the True Empire has right now—they've been succeeding and morale is high), but things will even out soon.

What do you guys think should happen?
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, June 02nd 2011 03:41pm    Post subject:

Kastor Antilles wrote:
What do you guys think should happen?

In general, or in regards to anything specifically?
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Thu, June 02nd 2011 03:49pm    Post subject:

Well, both, I guess.
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, June 02nd 2011 07:15pm    Post subject:

Hmmm...well, I'll do the best I can, but this requires I assume certain things about what characters will decide to do.

*puts on strategy hat*

Short Term:
Personally, I don't think it would be wise for Krauss to actively pursue a few small ships away from Bakura. It's unlikely to accomplish anything in the grand scheme of things.

What happens if she does depends on two factors (and I'm doing a lot of guesswork here because ultimetly, this would depend on how Alex plays Krauss):
1) Are the escaping ships headed for Coruscant (personally, I don't see why they wouldn't make the capital of the NR their first destination. Unless they decided to go to the capital of the GU, Corulag), and if so, where are they stopping on their way there and why? And if they are headed that far in, how far does Krauss plan to follow them?

2) Is Krauss pursuing with just a few ship, or as many as she can spare from Bakura? If it's the former, she sets herself up for an ambush. If it's the latter, it open up an opportunity for GU/NR forces to try to launch a counter attack on Bakura and take the planet back while it's relatively undefended - potentially a major setback for Zend's Empire.

That leaves us with a few possibilities. First, if Krauss doesn't send many ships, it could set her up for being routed when she comes out of hyperspace. That, or being subject to a counter-attack that hits her hard and forces her to retreat, possibly with loosing most of her ships, especially if she's met with a large force.

If she sends a lot and the GU/NR forces don't realize that Bakura is undefended, it leads to the possibility of the third/fourth big battle of the war. This would realistically be the first battle that the NR/GU has a real shot at winning if the play it right and they have enough forces.

If she sends a lot of forces and the GU/NR realizes that oh, yeah, she didn't leave much back at Bakura, did she?, they might launch a counter attack that would have the possibility of taking back the planet, especially if Krauss ends up somewhere that can be defended just long enough for the NR to keep Krauss from being able to return there.

Now, it's possible that Kruass might win the battle she gets into, in which case I'm guessing that Zend might not be pleased with her decision, but could be willing to overlook it due to the outcome. On the other hand, if Kruass looses, it could mean that Zend is unhappy with Krauss' decision to pursue. She might not take serious action right away, but Krauss would not be in as firm a position as she previous was, and might even open up an opportunity for Lyumina to start looking for a way to replace Krauss as Zend's go-to sith commander. If that did happen, it could lead to larger problems for Zend's empire later on, possibly leaving open the door for the Empire/GU/NR and their allies to turn things around if Zend manages to kick their butts long enough to gain control of much of the known galaxy as she intends and is able to plant her flag on Bastion, Coruscant, and Corulag.

Long Term:
If her goal is to divide the members of the GU, I see her making her initial focus an attempt to split up it's two primary members, the Empire and the New Republic, both in terms of allegiance and territorially. Naturally, there would be those on both sides who would remain adamant that they work together, but I don't imagine it would be too difficult for her to sow long-term seeds to split them up.

Territorial-wise, I'm imagining her having two simultaneous campaigns designed to both keep the Empire and the New Republic from helping one another and drive a line through their boarder, with the eventual goal being access and eventual control of the Super-hyperroutes (specifically, the Hydian Way, the Rimma Trade Route, and the Perlemian Trade Route), which would give her the best means to launch a straight-on pincher strike aimed at eventually capturing Coruscant.

On the Empire side, I'm seeing her doing double duty of also trying to cut the Empire in half in an attempt to both her her way towards the Hydian Way and diminish the effectiveness of the already smaller Imperial Remnant. I'd imagine her doing this by cutting her way from Muunilinst to either Vlac VII, Yaga Minor, and maybe Borosk if she's looking to solidify her territory base in the Empire, or heading straight for Morishim and Mygeeto if she's more interested in just cutting the IR in half. Whether she'll hit Ord Biinir will likely depend on if she's interested in perhaps swaying the Corellian Star Empire to her side (either letting them operate as a sort of fifedom under the watchful/protective eye of Zends Empire or until she decides to stab them in the back when she has the NR and IR out of the way).

From there, it would be a path that would lead her along a path that crosses Generis, Agamar, and Vinsoth, and from there she'd either hit Sereeno if she wants to further isolate Ams' Empire before heading to Telos or perhas going straight for Junction or Toprawa if she's more interested in cutting the Hydian way in half sooner rather than later. At whichever point she'd hit it, she'd then be open to use it either to first start her march to the Core or perhaps first take a path in the opposite direction if she wanted to try to completely cut off the Northern Imperial Remnant from the rest of the galaxy.

If she wanted to further mess with the Empire, I'm guessing she might not even hit the obvious targets as long as she went along that particular route, perhaps hitting plants that would usually hold little value in exchange for giving her a supply route along which to cut the Empire in half. Unless she wanted a heavy battle early on, she might also ignore Bastion for the immediate future, instead letting Ams empire wear itself out and take the Imperial Capital when she can expect a lesser resistance.

Meanwhile, on the Southern End, the Zend forces would cut a path either across planets such as Xal 3, Annaj, leading to either Cerea and Rilfor and/or Sump, eventually leading her to Bespin/Hoth to get her grip on the southern Supertrade routes, or if she wanted the path of least resistance, she might go around the far south past Dosuun, Yalara, and Zonju V, which would give her access to two intersecting supertrade routes at once. From there, she might head further East until she had access to all three. In either case, I'd imagine Eriadu would eventually become the point of a major battle, simply because it sits on the crossroads of two different supertrade routes.

From there, I could see her using all three southern super routes in order to cut a path North for the Core, likely coordinating her Northern and Southern Routes in order to hit Coruscant from both sides, similtaniously cutting the Galaxy into four distinct conquest zones.

Naturally, both the IR and the NR (along with the rest of the GU) would be working to stop this, though how it might work out would depend on several things. If they aren't able to stop her, I'm guessing that we would eventually see several smaller resitance forces right off the bat, each struggling against Zend's superior force, one that would eventually have to re-unify to strike back and find a way to start taking the Galaxy back.

Not entirely sure what Zend's reaction might be if the GU forces are able to hold her back, though. That would be down the road if it eventually happens.

In either case, I'm expecting that if/when the GU can push back Zend, they'll eventually want to be looking for a way to strike into the heart of her own territory. How effectively or soon they'll be able to do this depends on how much trouble they have finding it.

Right now, I've had one of my characters, Commodore Gaains, go out to try to do a sort of blitz expedition to try to find where she'd hiding. Unfortunately for her, she's kind of on the opposite side of the Chiss empire to make it happen. How soon or how effective she actually IS in finding signs of where Zend's been hiding would depend on how soon she figures out she's looking in the wrong area, whether there are any Chiss who aren't keen on the alliance with Zend that they might drop hints that she should look elsewhere, what CMAC thinks about the situation, and if Gaains is discovered by Zend's Empire and they try to take her out or the Chiss don't like her in the area and one of their own tries to take her out first.

Last part: I'm guessing that while the NR will have a size advantage, they are for the immediate future going to be at a greater disadvantage against Zends' forces than Ams' Empire will be. They may have more territory, the Jedi, and more ships, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have Senate infighting about how to handle the situation (not all THAT dissimmilar to what happened during the Vong war in the Canon Star Wars U). This'll be especially so if their Chief of State doesn't display the kind of backbone and leadership he needs to keep things in order. If he breaks under the pressure the ZE is bringing, it'll only cause the NR to have that much more difficult a time stopping Zend's advance.

Plus, they've had their prime tactic from the past - Starfighters - taken off the table. While they certainly aren't as reliant on it as they used to be, they'll certainly be at a disadvantage till they fully figure out how to be just as effective without being able to use them as much, at least until someone figures out a counter to the Fighter-killing weapons.

The Empire, on the other hand, is better suited to the more capital-ship focused combat that Zend is bringing to the table, and unlike the NR, they're not going to have as serious an Infighting problem - I'm sure Ams' will see to that. :wink:

Not saying infighting and bickering won't happen, just that the Emperor situation is more likely to keep the lower-leveled politicians in line.

And THAT (whew!) is more or less my analysis of the situation. Just putting it on the table since you asked.

*Takes of strategy hat*

Now if you'll excuse me, I'mma gunna get my killin' hat while I wait for this show to get on the road. :P
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Thu, June 02nd 2011 08:55pm    Post subject:

... wow. I'll come back to that after I make my cup of tea. :p
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, June 03rd 2011 01:38am    Post subject:

Yeah that was a killer post, probably the longest I've seen.

I'd like to see the True Empire kick major ass in the beginning, then have the Remnant, Republic build up some steam to stop the True Empire from advancing. I'd like to see Coruscant and Bastion fall, then maybe a month later, the Rebellion takes them back and then the hard fighting begins.

That's my opinion, at least.

In the short term plan, Krauss and Lumiya already know a rescue operation will occur, she is more interested in keeping up the illusion that it wasn't toooooo easy for them to escape. Why wouldn't they pursue? Leia, Han, Tseneca, Lucas, etc are all major political opponents, especially if Anakin, Jacen or Jaina arrive - they have connections all over the galaxy.

If it were some random citizen cargo hold. they wouldn't care. IDK, we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Krauss is random, she goes on a whim, but that has also served her very well, but she would never do anything to displease the Grand Admiral, she fears that the most.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, June 03rd 2011 11:53am    Post subject:

..Jawa, I could use a general or admiral in the Remnant. And Daara could use more, too. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, June 03rd 2011 01:25pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If it were some random citizen cargo hold. they wouldn't care.

...Rueth?

LOL
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » After Bakura Plots + The Second Battle of Endor
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: