Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Naboo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Naboo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, August 20th 2010 03:11pm    Post subject:

In the middle of her sleep, Tseneca had felt a tremor in the force. It was enough to stir her from her sleep, though not enough to wake her completely. She rolled over and her dreams continued into more uneasy waves. She awoke at dawn with chills, and after a good ten minutes of heaving her guts out in the 'fresher, had forgotten the night and sobered to the knocking at her door.

Lucas and Jonas stood in the hall. Lucas looked worse for wear.

"Are you alright?" She asked, looking him over. perhaps the tremor she'd felt during the night was more serious then she's initially expected. But Lucas shook his head and shrugged. "Just... didn't sleep well."

Jonas' was wide eyed, and looking in the direction of her stomach. She put her hands on her hips. "Good news travels fast..." she commented.

Lucas gave her a small smile, "you think I was going to keep it to myself?"

"I suppose not." Tseneca went to take her jacket off the hook. "We have business to attend to, I think."

The three of them made their way to the audience chamber, joined by Allison halfway there. The Queen, flanked by handmaidens and a silent Damien Pallanen-Davad sat at a table reserved for meetings. Vera Nico was not present, which Tseneca noted with some relief.

The Queen raised her chin. "Good morning, I trust you slept well."

Tseneca felt Lucas about to say something rude and placed an arm on his shoulder. She stepped forward.

"Your majesty, we've considered your proposal and discussed it in kind. I believe I speak for us all when i say that we gladly accept your invitation to join the Brotherhood."

A shadow of, what was it, surprise? Surely not, passed over the queen's heavily painted face. Then. "So it seems an accord has been reached. Very good. You will be then called on when needed. As the pot boils from the outside, so does the counteraction of cooks. You will stay longer, In order to discuss things in more detail?"

"Due respect your Majesty." Lucas stepped up. "We've friends who have recently landed near Theed. I believe we'll have to leave as soon as possible."

The queen nodded. "Your utmost silence is requested on these points. I trust you will keep matters to yourself."

The three took the pledge.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, August 21st 2010 01:23am    Post subject:

As they left the Throne Room's audience chamber, Lucas felt a sense of relief. Something pinged at the back of his mind, and for a while, he couldn't place it. Then, he heard the voice, which had reminded him why he was even here in the first place. Damian had called out his name, but Lucas kept walking, the gates were in sight and the hotel was visible- home free. Damian spoke again, only louder and with more authority in tone, than before.

Lucas stopped in his tracks, turning his head sideways for Tseneca and Jonas. "Go on ahead, I'll catch up." As he turned to face his brother, he saw Alisson was at Damian's side. A nervous glance was the only thing she offered, before disappearing back into the castle, no doubt to watch from afar. So that is how is was going to be, huh? Lucas breathed, his fingers ready to reach for his lightsaber. Not that he'd use it against his brother, but it was only thing that came to mind.

"So what, you're going to chop me down, or something?" Damian's eyes lifted from the saber's hilt and a long stare ensued.

The silence was brutal.

"You know what really chaps my ass?" Lucas started, "My brother taking a vacation on Naboo, when the galaxy goes to hell in a hand-basket. You can stand there and play Rebellion all you want, but this isn't the galactic history we grew up on. And involving Nico was just plain, stupid. Even for a jockhead like you. Never thinking about the bigger picture." Lucas could tell he was hitting on something, but no gold yet. "Just go back inside, and feast on whatever leftover crap the Queen-" That was it. Jackpot. "een's crap. She has you sewn to the tip of her finger. You are disgracing our family."

Damian dropped his gaze, scanning over Theed, which was so beautifully spread out. The afternoon sun gleamed every piece, it was magnificent. "Me? Spoiling the Pallanen name? Hardly. You are the one flying around with scoundrels." He changed tacts, "You were always the dreamer, stuck in some far away place. I have things here, that I need to take care of." Damian had always thrived at confrontation, he loved every minute of it. Lucas could sense the joy beaming from every pore of his body. "You're not quite mature enough to understand. Mom may toss you a bone every now and then for your charm, but she has no faith in you. You'll never accomplish anything extraordinary." Lucas breathed a little heavier, the lightsaber was becoming much more tempting by the second. "Bella and I talk about it all the time. How you are just a wasted body, scrubbed DNA from the pair of us. Just leftover, fodder."

Lucas could feel the heat in his face, the sweat beating against his tense, and coiled hands. "Damian, actually, now that I think about it, Naboo is right for you. It's safe. You don't have to runaway. You do not have to worry about Kuat and our bloodline. Or Coruscant and the Order. Not even the womp rat shithole, I heard you and your master fell into. Story goes, he carried you out, like a frightened child. And if I wasn't me, I would've labelled it as gossip, as the great and glorious Damian Pallanen-Davad is such a titan. But I felt it. I felt the fear. It was so intense, wasn't it? You probably pissed yourself, because you were so scared." This was the ugly side of his coin Lucas never liked to have face up, and whatever he had experienced the night before in the shower, seemed to egg this on. He could feel the rage building in his brother's veins. Any second, he'd explode.

Damian breathed, the gap between the two had closed. His hair flipped to the other side, as Lucas adjusted his posture to meet his brother eye to eye. "You know nothing of that moment." Damian spat, and fear actually stirred in his body. Lucas could feel it creep across his skin, and goosebumps launched across his back.

Still, he couldn't back down, not now. "Whatever, brother. You said that I'm the piss-poor excuse for a Pallanen? I'm looking at it. You just a meathead, with nothing but your strength. The Order was glad you left."

A fist impacted into his face, Damian relentlessly pounding until blood splattered from Lucas' nose. The pair struggled only momentarily, but Damian was too fast and too quick, each blow delicately placed to cause the most damage. Damian rose, breathing hard, only to find Lucas laughing in his emotional wake. "You could never keep it together, Damian. I knew it was in you." Damian shouted something, but the ringing in Lucas' ears kept it a mystery, "I knew the bully inside of you never went away. You're the same guy." Arms were around him, cradling him. It was Alisson, he knew it was. But something else was around him, the darkness from the shower. It whispered. He's going to be a father. The Queen is pregnant." It was a collection of images, of Damian and Kleiia, they were in love. It was the whole reason for Damian to stay and leave everything... his training, KDY... Lucas laughed, spitting blood and gore from his mouth.

Alisson was trying to silence him, but Lucas would be heard, "I sensed it in her." Though the blood stained his vision, he could see and sense the horror and pain inside Damian, "You're going to be a terrible father."

Alisson struggled, until finally, Lucas passed out with a smile on his face. The last of the dark essence disappeared, and finally, he was himself again, only unconscious.

The Dark Lady of the Sith First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, August 21st 2010 03:12am    Post subject:

Sara silently walked through the gardens of the hotel. It was pleasant, and the probing feeling from Kyp had long passed from earlier in the morning, and she was enjoying herself and smelling the strange aromas around her to build her still waning energy. She sighed as she looked up, wondering if she was looking in the direction of Nar Shaddaa, or even generally, maybe even Kashyyyk. Badim was out there, trying to find a new way of life after his previous one died with Clare. Her thoughts turned to Shawn, the one who cared for her after her parents had died, even if it was getting her some food when she ran low on credits, giving her a mourning drink in his cantina every now and then too. She had left him on Kashyyyk after a year of absence, and she wondered if he knew she was alive, and not still in the Shadowlands and possibly dead.

No, he couldn’t have. She had opted to stay away from Shawn until she found out Badim’s true purpose in finding her, even if his reason for finding her was to give back her locket, no ill harm intended. Shawn would instantly recognize her if she entered the cantina he had become accustomed to coming, revealing her identity to Badim and risking her life.
Why’d you leave without telling me? Why didn’t you tell me you were alive and not down there?

She whirled around, trying to see where the voice had come from, quickly realizing it was Shawn who was saying it. But she couldn’t find him, a chill running down her spine as she felt the strange feeling of being in two places, or two times at once. Her heard ached, and she rubbed her forehead vigorously to try and alleviate it. It went away. Partly, but was still there and throbbing as she heard a familiar voice call out, “Sara!” Jonas called as he and Tseneca calmly strode towards her, “Enjoying the sights?”

Sara turned to face them, slowly because of her ill forehead, “Yes. It’s wonderful out here,” she smiled, then snickered slightly as she directed a question to counter his, “How was the Palace? Comfy?”
“If being held beyond our control is comfy, then no,” he laughed, then crossed his arms as they stood several paces from Sara, “But comfy all the same in the rooms at least.”

A sudden pain shot through Sara’s forehead, her hand instinctively rising and rubbing it, gently this time to not alert her friends, “Headache?” Jonas asked.

“Yeah--Ouch--Bad one at that,” Sara opened her eyes briefly, then closed them again as another pain shot through her skull, “Probably a bad Muja juice batch or something. Been drinking that since we got here…”

The pain finally passed, though it still lingered as she shook her head and looked at the two, Jonas obviously emanating a calm feeling, Tseneca the same with a touch of worry. How could she feel their emotions? Or map them out at all?
“Ach,” she uttered before looking around and noticing Lucas wasn’t here, nor Alisson, “Where’s Alisson and Lucas?”

Next portion written to: When Your Middle Name Is Danger

“Still at the Palace, probably leaving right now though.” Tseneca answered, she placed her hands on her hips, her index fingers gently caressing her stomach in…Anticipation? Sara shook her head again, the headaches coming back with more ferocity with each flare and making both of her hands touch her forehead. She tried to uttered words, but they became slurred as her eyes closed and her head began to swell in pain. Another shot and her eyes shot open, hands on the sides of her head as she tried to press the pain out. She was on her knees now, digging into the smooth pebble path as she saw Jonas and Tseneca quickly rush to assist her, “What’s wrong!?” Tseneca asked.

Sara’s eyes fluttered, opening and closing as she tried to focus. She couldn’t reply, her words slurring as she tried to speak and utter her pain. Her eyes shut hard, then opened to a blue hued world. She saw light blue birds flying overhead contrast against a deep, dark blue atmosphere, her body slowly beginning to calm, she didn’t feel the pain, but she was still shouting. She looked to see what looked like Tseneca, but only seeing a light blue silhouette of her form, strong and glowing, full of a foreign energy that she could feel emanating from Tseneca, something similar to what she dimly felt growing inside herself.

She turned to Jonas, seeing another light blue silhouette, but not glowing or as strong as Tseneca. She saw round objects float from the ground, glowing white-hot with the blue world as they floated and danced above her, Tseneca and Jonas. Her eyes blinked and she heard herself shouting as she convulsed in pain, now shooting throughout her body, she saw the blue world she was briefly in disappear and the normal hues of life return to normal. Tseneca and Jonas were shouting back at her, laying her on her back as the two tried to figure out what was wrong with her.

Sara’s world grew dark, her pain subsiding and the convulsing stopping, pebbles around her beginning to fall and pecking the three as they fell on their backs and onto Sara's chest. She sighed from the absence of the pain, then blacked out.

What’s happening to me?

Tag: Alex, Jess, Kyp, Chukles, Cray
Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
Expand
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 23rd 2010 04:02pm    Post subject:

The entire ride back to the hotel, tseneca had been holding Sara's head on her lap. She had placed her palm on the younger woman's forehead and knew. Hadn't she gone through this when her own force potential was manifesting itself. She needed to get sara to Kyp, or at least someone who would know what to do. It was clear from what she knew to look for that there was nothing maleficent in Sara's newly brewed skills, but nonetheless, chances couldn't be taken.

Jonas helped her lift the girl from the speeder, and cradled her in his arms. He gave tseneca a look. They both didn't know where Lucas had gone off to, and Jonas seemed to be having more doubts about the son of Kuat then he was letting on.

They took her into the hotel and into her room, where they pulled her into bed and tucked blankets around her shivering body.

"I should tell you something." Without prelude, Jonas told Tseneca about finding Lucas in the shower during the night, how the boy had been sick. She remembered her wayward dreams, but kept them to herself.

"Don't tell him I know." She instructed Jonas. "You can keep a closer eye on him as his confidant, whereas, if its really something to worry about, I can watch him without bias."

Jonas nodded and Tseneca went to work swabbing Sara's forehead with a cloth. Jonas tried unsuccessfully to raise Lucas on the comm.

There was a rap at the door, and Sethe came in quietly. "Is she alright? Someone called up asking if our party needed a medic."

Tseneca shook her head. "She fainted. We'll need to talk to Kyp about it, I think its more his level of expertise."

"What about you?" Sethe looked at her, brief concern on his face.

"The morning sickness seems to have passed, for now at least. I heard it doesn't last long anyway. Good thing, that. I have a feeling we'll be in hyperspace soon enough."
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Mon, August 23rd 2010 04:49pm    Post subject:

Kyp sat comfortably on the roof of the hotel. He had no further use for the room provided for his stay. He was too used to sleeping in tight quarters. He hadn't wanted the room to begin with. He was a commoner from Deyer turned slave turned Jedi and murderer. Sleeping in such a room would show that there was benefits to his past, which he was positive he did not deserve.

He had managed to put down Naboo's native foods with relative ease unlike other guests in the hotel. Some people just don't have good tastes. Kyp uncrossed his legs and as if rehearsed a small but significant pulse moved through the force and it continued to grow closer and closer. He had felt one last night as well. Naboo holds some importance after all. The significance wasn't in the size but in the who and where. It had came from Badim's companion, Sara.

He raised from his sitting position and hastily moved for the stairs of the hotel which led back into the main halls. He could sense Tseneca and Jonas' presence along with Sara's. They were closing in distance and fast. He didn't wait and moved as quickly as he could down to the lobby only to miss them and have to move back up to the suites on the upper floors.

"What happened?" Kyp called as he burst into Sara's room and next to Sara's body.

"I don't know, first she was complaining about a headache and next flingin' pebbles and shit everywhere," Jonas said in bewilderment but also in a half sarcastic tone.

Kyp parted her eye lids and noticed a flurry of rapid eye movement. Her eyes were functioning but they weren't seeing the real world.

"Ah what the hell!" Jonas said in response to the oddity of her eyes moving.

He closed her eye lids and removed his cloak. “Get me a big cup of water."

"Will she be alright?" Tseneca asked as she prepared to move for the water.

"We'll see. Water....please," he said as Jonas placed the unconscious Sara down on her back. "Step back, I don't know what's going to happen."

Kyp sat down next to her limp body and peered over her. He placed his hands over his skull with each of his palms above her temples. Tseneca came back with a tall jug of water and short of breath. "Gimme," he said as he reached back and grasped the glass, not taking his eyes off Sara. He placed the glass to lips and drank a few gulps before placing it on the floor. "Needed that." He was sure Tseneca was awestruck. It was alright, he needed it for something else as well.

Kyp began to rid his mind of thought and bring himself to his own center. Slowly he stripped away layer upon layer till there was only himself and Sara. The two were connected through their minds. His thoughts would be hers. Unfortunately some of his memories may also transfer over. Usually someone who was far more at peace with themselves such as Luke or Cilghal would preform such a deed. He was sure that it would not be a pleasant experience.

Through the force Kyp moved tendrils further and further back towards the rear of Sara's brain. She needed to know what her destiny may become. He reached the back her mind and pressed into the spot that Luke had done to him so many years ago. Suddenly, but not completely unexpected, the Jedi Master was pushed through the force off the bed and onto his back a few feet away.

"Seems like we have another," he said from the floor. Tseneca and Jonas stared over him, curiosity shown clearly on their faces.

"Another what?"

Kyp rose and moved quickly to the bed and picked Sara up by the scruff of her shirt. It wasn't the most gentle way to get her to a sitting position but he was sure his next act would anger her even more. He placed her head against the wall and picked up the jug of water and stood back with Tseneca and Jonas.

Taking a firm hold of the jug's handle Kyp moved forward and threw the water inside at Sara. As soon as the water was enroute Kyp placed the jug in Jonas' hands and quickly began his retreat. "Jedi," he said as the gallon minus a few gulps of water impacted the red head like a wave from the ocean itself. Sara's body sprung forward, eyes wide, as she wiped the water from her face, and searched for the culprit. Standing beside Tseneca with a dripping jug of water was Jonas. Kyp could imagine the look on their faces. Priceless.

I will edit accordingly, if anyone has any trouble with the post.

Tag: Orrion Carn
Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, August 23rd 2010 07:02pm    Post subject:

Sara was in limbo, her head swimming in thoughts and the same fevered dreams from the night before. She couldn’t describe it, let alone know what it was. She was stranded on a meridian surrounded with flowing water, a stream of sorts as continued on. She saw nothing in the deep blue, and feared to venture into it. She felt it touching her body and soul, embracing her even if she was repressing it, trying to forget it for some reason.

She was taken to her parent’s apartment on Nar Shaddaa, several years before they were murdered. She was playing with a few toys or watching a vid on the holoscreen when a man came to the door and asked if he could come in. He was in a flowing robe as he strode in. He knelt beside her and placed a hand on her forehead, her body quivering slightly as he touched the innards of her mind with an invisible hand.
”She can receive training,” he said to her parents as he withdrew his physical and invisible hand from her head, ”If you’d like, of course.”
Her parents exchanged looks, then solemnly shook their heads as they looked on their daughter with sorrow filled eyes, Sara couldn’t even comprehend what they were talking about or what kind of training the strange man was talking about.
”Very well,” he said as he made his way to the door, before he left entirely he turned to her parents and continued, ”She will require training at some point, though it’s up to you to decide when.” he looked at Sara, a probing feeling she had almost completely forgotten returned to her as his eyes met hers, then turned and left.

Sara was back at the meridian, the waters rising and building as they came to embrace her, to engulf her in it’s soothing current. But she resisted and stood on her toes and the waters came closer, fearing it would harm her or someone else if she embraced it as well.
She was suddenly engulfed, a presence in her mind pushing her to accept it as destiny, the probing feeling from recent returned. Kyp. She struggled to get out of the waves, trying to use a power to force herself free of it’s grasp. But it didn’t cave, but the tendrils of the probe flew away, then her face was enveloped by the waters and she snapped awake.

Her eyes widened and she flung forward as her wet hair clung to her face. She breathed heavily from surprise, wiping her face and eyes from the water that had just impacted her head. She looked around the room as her nose and chin dripped with the water. She saw the stunned features of Jonas’ face with an empty, dripping jug in his hand.

She flung her feet off the bed, only achieving to flail her back on the bed from the sore reminder of her headache, “What the hell!?” she exclaimed as she tilted her head to Jonas.

“I-it was Kyp!” he protested, flinging his finger and body around to the man standing behind him and Tseneca. Then swiftly dropped the jug on the floor as he turned back to Sara.

Sara heaved her body upwards, leaning over her soaked bed as she pressed her face in her hands. She felt queasy from the convulsions and the shivering that followed. She shuddered as her body began to remember the experience from what seemed like months ago, flailing on the pebble path as her friends tried to diagnose what was happening.
“What the…” she uttered in a softer tone, rubbing her forehead as the soreness went away, “…Hell is happening to me?”

Tseneca came to her side and sat next to her, placing a hand on her back as she spoke, “I had a similar experience, passing out as well when I found out I could…Use the Force.”

Sara’s head whirled around and into Tseneca’s eyes. She felt a reassurance coming from her captain, being pressed in her doubly from Kyp as well when she looked at him, “The…Force…?” she murmured as she looked at the floor in front of her, “Frak…”

“What’s wrong?” Tseneca asked as she slowly rubbed Sara’s back to warm her, her blood having run cold with a sweaty shiver during her convulsions and shock.

“This is all just happening so fast… I left the one who cared for me when parents die on Kashyyyk, and he probably thinks I’m dead, I’ve lost two friends and betrayed one of them I might add. And now I have some ethereal power? It’s a lot to take in…” Sara said as she kept her eyes glued to the floor, “Too much I guess.”

“Betray?” Jonas asked as he stepped a little closer, though keep his distance with the touchy situation the two were in.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Sara said as she shook her head. Jonas left it at that.

Tseneca continued, “It’ll be alright, Sara. You’re amongst friends who can help you.”

Jonas, she thought, then her eyes widened as she pulled her palms away from them, realizing one other crucial element with the situation, Valexxia, remembered from Jonas’ emotional memory, She had a way with minds, a way of manipulating it somehow. What if I lose control for even a moment and Jonas ends up hurt and…?
Sara broke Tseneca’s hand from her back and stood on her feet, suddenly finding a way to keep herself steady as she slowly began to make for the door, “No.” Sara stated as her feet slowly got faster as she recovered far faster than what she had thought.
“Sara,” Tseneca said as she trailed behind her, gripping her shoulder gently to stop her, “I know it’s a lot to take in as you said, and it can be tough at times. But you can’t turn down help when--”

“I said, No, Tseneca,” she said, almost hissing at her, “I can’t do this, and if I accidentally hurt one of you with this I—I don’t know what I’d do.”

She broke Tseneca’s hold again, pushing towards the door before an energy temporarily stopped her, “Fear,” Kyp said as he kept his hand extended towards her, though seemingly struggling with the raw energy she was emitting, “Leads to the dark side. You can’t live in possibilities and try and act on them, try to stop them. Doing so will turn you into what you fear. What happens. Happens and you can‘t run from it--”

“I can try!” Sara hissed as she felt a sudden tingling in her hands as extended her hand to Kyp. He didn’t move more than an inch, mainly from surprise, and the three were taken aback, looking at Sara as Tseneca instinctively reached for the lightsaber on her belt, Kyp refraining from doing so. Sara realized what she had just done and her eyes welled up, she took careful steps back as she looked at the three, scanning their faces as she feared what they would respond with. She felt like a monster, an uncontrolled beast trying to get out of a cage as it hammered in her chest and arms, trying to lash out as she tried to keep it at bay. But the ’attack’ on Kyp made her realize that she could have harmed someone, and if it was Jonas he could have been hurt physically more than likely.

Her steps were faltered, before being jolted into action as she rushed down the halls of the hotel, the people she left in the room calling after her as she ran. Running in fear of what she’d become, and if it was already too late.

She made it back to the Leaper, it’s gangplank opening as SAMM’s cameras saw her coming. She ran into her quarters and quickly began to pack what little items she had from The Killer’s Fate, her cheeks soaked in fear induced tears as she felt lifted at the same time from the energy inside her. Why!? Why me!? she exclaimed in her head as muffled croaks and tears inhibited actual speech right now Why now!? Frak!. She threw the last item in her duffle bag and heaved the strap over her shoulder, turning around to see Lucas stand in front of her, a bandage over his nose and some bits of dried blood around his mouth. It had been an hour ago since the incident at the hotel, the trip back to the hanger taking longer by foot.
“Lucas…” she uttered, then tried to push past him, “I need to leave. I can’t stay here.”

He grabbed both of her shoulders and looked at her squarely, her figure shivering as he looked in his eyes with fear, wondering what he'd do.

Tag: Alex
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, August 23rd 2010 11:39pm    Post subject:

The Force was a strange thing, and despite the presence now beaming from the woman's body, Lucas knew what she meant. She was afraid, a typical emotion experienced by Jedi discovering their abilities for the first time, particularly at such a late stage in life. Most were excited to develop their gift, much like Lucas had been, along with his brother and sister. Others considered it a power, and Jedi Masters would find a long journey in breaking these students into understanding it was not a mere tool. Lucas released her, "I see." He wasn't entirely recovered, and having another Force sensitive around, only seemed to agitate him. Sara was also emotionally sensitive, Alisson had filled him on the things spoken between the confines of "girl talk".

"Don't get yourself killed, I guess." Lucas tried to add a sheepish smile, one that ran in the Solo family. He had his own problems to worry about, and the woman's mind was probably already set. Lucas walked away, and locked the door to his quarters. He applied a thick patch of bacta, stuff leftover from Jonas' healing, and meditated in the corner of the room. He left Naboo, and just drifted between the stars of the Kuati system. He imagined the Kallerium Nebula and the radiance of the colors. It settled his concerns, and he opened his eyes.

The bacta had worked wonderfully, and the majority of his bruises had already healed. Removing the cloth, he applied a thin layer over his fingers, then removed the bandage covering the SITH engraving. He had thought of the valley of the Orakle. The freighter and the captain of enslavers, he had felt the darkness before. The disc he had handed to Anakin held all the answers, of who was doing this to him. Lucas rubbed the bacta into his arm, watching the letters heal over.

Lucas unlatched the door's locking mechanism, and found Jonas standing outside. "Everything all right?"

Lucas knew that too much lying, and he'd cast suspicion. The last he needed was for Durron to report him to Skywalker, then have the entire Council picking apart his brain for the source of the darkness. "No." He answered, truthfully, knowing that he would tell the story, just omit some of the details. "Damian and I got into a little disagreement..." Jonas eyed the bacta container, and turned around,marching towards the exit ramp.

"Jonas, please. He's not worth it. I think I beat him in the end, but not in a way I'm proud of."

"We need to fix this."

"No."

"What if Naboo is scrapped. You would want your last-""

"Yes." Lucas breathed, nearby glass cracked. He was having difficulty controlling his emotions, which was quite unlike him. Lucas breathed, attempting to coo the aggression. "Listen, I will talk to him soon, just not now. We need to get Tseneca to a Doctor. Coruscant." He needed to see Anakin. He needed to retrieve the disc with the hologram's location.

Alisson rounded the corner, their eyes locking momentarily. Lucas looked downwards, he didn't know what to say. "I'm returning to Kuat. Damain has agreed to take me." Lucas acknowledged her, and offered her a hug. He hated that she had to choose sides, and that she had taken his. The fact that Damian and the Queen of Naboo were having a child popped back into his mind. In nine months, he'd be a Uncle. Then there was Tseneca.

Life was beginning to move too fast, just when Alisson released him. She kissed his cheek and whispered, "Remember the Five Stars of Kryth." Lucas smiled at the childhood hint. It was his favorite legend. She retrieved a bag from inside her quarters. The lack of time she spent packing, meant she had made her mind up prior to their landing. Lucas watched Alisson leave, and suddenly, the ship was much becoming much less like home.

Soon, the rest of the crew would be back aboard, and Naboo would be one more notch on the billboard of their adventures. As Eisley pressed him against the wall, their lips meeting, the eyes of the woman bore down on him. Lucas closed his eyes, attempting to scry her position, but nothing came up. He sighed, pushing Jonas into the bed frame, and unzipped their pants.

It was time to relieve some pent-up anger and stress...
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, August 24th 2010 01:00am    Post subject:

A silent moment passed, the two scanning each other as Sara tried to control her fear and Lucas thought. It was eerily silent with no one else around and she could feel her heart pounding from the adrenaline. The combination wasn’t settling. She watched Lucas release his hold of her shoulders and step back a foot or so, then letting his eyes meet hers as he let his words out, “I see,” he said as he stepped sideways to clear a path for her.

“Thank you,” Sara said, her tears of fear were drying now. She looked down on herself, her clothes still soaked from the water Kyp had thrown at her. She began to make her way out before she turned around to face Lucas one last time, for how long she didn’t know, “I guess I look kind of pathetic, huh?”

“Just scared.” Lucas said. She could feel he wasn’t too kind on Sara acting this way, though there was a relief behind her departure. Dammit, she muttered in her head. She hated feeling others, feeling their emotions felt like invading them in a way. Though Lucas was expressing them, he looked like he had had a run in somewhere and probably wasn’t trying to control it as much, trying to let it steam off. She looked at Lucas a little deeper in the eyes, trying to convey sincerity with her next words, “Before I leave, to find what to do with…this. I just wanted to say I did mean it, on Thyferra. I do respect you and Jonas now, and that it just wasn’t my place,” Sara said as she shifted her shoulders uneasily, “It wasn’t at first, and sometimes it just turns works out like that. But on the bright side to The Sarlacc, you probably looked pretty good to Jonas in there, not leaving me behind and all.” she snickered, though she really did mean it and tried to resist transmitting it through The Force, though she might have done so anyhow.

Lucas rubbed the back of his neck, “Don’t get yourself killed, I guess.” he said, letting a crooked smile cross his mouth. She knew he understood, in one way or another. Sara backed out of the Leaper, Lucas doing the same and heading for his quarters.
“I’ll see you around,” Sara said as she tried to lighten the mood, though the mood wasn’t affecting Lucas it seemed, “Maybe.” she finished quietly. Though the uneasy ending word to her departure must have been transmitted through The Force as well, making Lucas tilt his head but not hinder his stride to his quarters.

She turned around to continue. The features on her face hardening, seeing Alisson and Jonas walking back to The Leaper, then catching sight of Sara. Something was odd about Alisson, Sara knew she was odd from the moment she saw her, from the way she acted and kept secluded most of the time. But she seemed…Empty almost. But Sara didn’t have any control over her…Force and dismissed it, pushing past the two trying not to say anything to them.
“Sara.” Jonas said in a calm, stern tone, “You’re leaving?”

“Yes.” Sara said as she stopped, but kept her back turned to him and Alisson, “You’re not going to try and stop me, are you?” she asked softly.

“No.” he replied, “You need to do what you need to do. And I can’t stop you from that. I just want to know if there‘s something else making you leave, something here.”

Sara lowered her head, scanning the ground for answers. Jonas was the other reason she was leaving. She had heard of Jedi Mind Tricks before, and had felt Lucas use one on her to calm her in The Sarlacc. And after feeling the low he felt with Valexxia, after being brainwashed in a way. Valexxia was human, so there was no way she could have an affect on minds unless she was Force Sensitive. And despite what she had told Jonas and Lucas on Thyferra, and to Lucas again just a moment ago, she still had lingering thoughts of Jonas. Repressed, but there. She did respect them, but her own mind wasn’t in the right place right now, and she had to get away from the crew out of fear of harming them physically, or with Jonas, emotionally.
She respected the two, enough to leave what could have become her home and family to ensure she didn’t become another Valexxia, and make Jonas do something that would hurt him. She also didn’t want to take the chance with Lucas, she didn’t know what he was going to do to Valexxia if he ran into her. And Sara didn’t want to find out. But she couldn’t voice those words, and she knew she was taking a long time in gathering an answer when Jonas asked again, “Sara. On Thyferra I said I felt like you were a friend to me, please tell me.”

“You owe me.” she said, quickly realizing a way to bypass the truth.

“What?” he asked as he tried to remember what she was talking about.

Without turning to face him, she continued, “On Coruscant two weeks ago, when I got you out of that bar when we found out about the bounty on your head, you said you owe me one,” she allowed Jonas a little recognition and tilted her head but kept her back stern, “I’m pulling that favor, Jonas. Let me leave without questions, please.”

Jonas looked a little shocked, wondering if he shouldn’t have made the commitment to offer her the favor, let alone honor it. But he must really think of her as a friend, or less of one now, since he kept his mouth sealed and entered The Leaper without another word. Sara couldn’t help but turn and watch him leave towards Lucas’ room. She and Alisson caught looks. Alisson looked at Sara calculatingly, before flashing a smile, “Take care.”

Sara turned and left for a transport hub, grasping the credit chit in her hand. It was five hundred credits, enough to get her to a place where she could find relative peace for a while. Find some work and get a ship. A place she had been to before with Shawn Collier. Corellia.

Tag: Alex Let me know if that brief convo with Jonas is alright. It also gives the bacta time to do it’s magic on Lucas before Jonas comes in. ;)
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, August 24th 2010 12:48pm    Post subject:

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9515#9515
 Back to top »
Kleiia Nappolian
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 31st 2010 02:43pm    Post subject:

The next few days had left her with a disgruntled Jedi. Damian wasn't speaking nearly as much as he used to, and even then, it was usually something negative. She cornered the Kuat-born in her quarters, and stared him down. He didn't break, so she shot off with the first question. "What is the matter with you?"

"Nothing, I'm fine. Just have a lot to think about." That was an understatement. They had been trying to organize a galactic rebellion, and he had a lot to think about. Kleiia shifted uncomfortably, it had been the first time he remained distant from her. Typically, she could call him out of a trance, but this one, seemed to last a bit longer. He moved past her, and disappeared through the doors.

Kleiia laid across the bed, rubbing her belly, and dreamed of Daara Zend's head being blown off from a Naboo heavy-blaster....
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, October 24th 2010 06:26pm    Post subject:

Badim and Clare walked up the steps to his parent’s home, Badim’s hand intertwined with Clare’s while they were greeted by Janos and Julia. Julia seemed to be fairing far better than when they had last seen her three weeks ago, brighter and happier than before. Julia was standing next to Janos, both of them smiling while Badim and Clare ascended towards them.

Badim placed his feet on the final step, standing just a few feet away from his parents. They took a moment to notice Clare in her cloak and seemed curious, but smiled all the same and embraced them both.
“It’s good to see you two.” Julia said while she hugged Badim.
“Yeah, it’s good to see you too.”

Janos cast a curious if not teasing glance at Clare and asked, “If you don’t mind me asking, why are you hiding Clare? You two haven’t gotten into a cult or anything have you?”

Badim looked at Clare, then around the fields for a moment before answering, “Something that needs to be discussed inside; but don’t worry, we’ve got it handled.”

“A bounty!?” his parents shouted in bewilderment and worry.

“Fifty-thousand credits as a matter of fact,” Clare stated almost boastfully, “But we’ve managed to dodge it for now.”

Julia simmered down with a sigh and Janos subtly tilted his head to Badim, then towards the door to the porch. Badim took the hint and followed his father out. He asked how the bounty was put into play and what had happened in the last few weeks. Badim didn’t hide it and took his time to explain what had happened to them since they last saw each other, filling in the details Clare had provided him while she had searched for him.
“The Ravagers…” Janos repeated after a moment of stunned silence, “Denth Freyh still vying for control of Carratos…”

“You know him?”
Personally. We used to be partners as bounty hunters. He broke off and ended up in control of the disorganized Ravagers and forcibly turned them into what they are today. Tyrants.” Janos paused, taking in a reminiscent breath, “He asked me if I wanted to join him and I declined. At the time I was seeing Julia and slowly putting my blaster away. He took it well for a while, then Julia had you. We then found out Denth put a bounty on Jewels, you’ll hear me call your mother that from time to time by the way.” Badim knew how that worked.

“Thinking if he got rid of her I’d join him and take over a planet.” He paused again and Badim began to piece together why he had been abandoned, “We arranged for a good family to come by and pick you up, so we left you wrapped up next to a dumpster while we would take the heat. We heard later that the family went to where we dropped you off and couldn’t find you. That’s when we used the last of our credits to purchase this house, I put away my blaster for good and we tried to send people out to find you.”

He laughed a little, “We didn’t know you would come find us on your own. And… Damn. Jaalib knew you were our son. But he hadn’t been informed of the bounty, or that a family was coming to take care of you. So that’s why you were preached that we abandoned you. Which, we did. But if Denth killed Jewels, he would have killed you too.”

Badim leaned against the railings like he had weeks earlier, “Sounds like Denth has a thing against Soildings.”

“Yeah. If you can, stay away from Carratos. He’s kept Jewels and I cooped up here in the hills for years because of the still standing Hundred-thousand credit bounty on Jewels.”

Badim looked into the living room, Julia and Clare were talking and laughing. He had to do something. He was looking at two people with bounties on their heads. He had to do something, “I’m going to Carratos. I’m going to deal with Denth and get rid of Clare and Mom’s bounties.”

Janos slapped Badim on his back, “Jewels is my wife and has a bounty too, and I’m not going to let my son take on Denth and his gang.” Badim and his father glared at each other, Janos’ word were filled with fire, possibly anger, “Alone.”

“What?”

“If you’re taking on Denth, to do something I couldn’t. I’m coming too.”

Badim and Janos turned towards the living room. They had been so caught up in their brief standoff that they hadn’t realized that Clare and Julia had heard Badim’s plan, and Janos coming along. Clare’s arms crossed over her chest, and traded looks with Julia who was using a similar posture.
“You think I’m just going to sit here, knit cloth and read a book while you deal with Denth? Then you don’t know me at all, Anesho.”
Badim acknowledged with a nod and Clare softened her expression, still hidden beneath her cloak.
“And Janos, you’ve taught me how to use a blaster in case Denth found us. I can hold my own and I’m sure Clare can teach me one or two more things on how to use it better.”

Janos leaned and whispered to Badim, “Never get involved with a woman like that.
“Too late.” Badim laughed and Clare shot him a glare.

Janos rolled his eyes, “I assume we have a ship?”

“A ship?” Clare laughed, “A yacht.”

Tag: Alex Hey, nothing really to this post or anything, just need to toss something at you on MSN when you’re on
Badim Soilding First Previous Next Latest
Clare Velez First Previous Next Latest
A Family Matter First Previous Next Latest

Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, February 24th 2011 11:16pm    Post subject:

(Continued from Here)

”Testing, testing. Norrteth, you copy?”
”Norrteth copies.”
”Are you getting a signal?”
”The signal is coming through.”
”Alright, then lets establish the first edge.”

Activating his own tracking beacon, Morgan walked along surface of Naboo in hopes of giving himself and Norrteth an idea as to where to start looking for the hidden ship and its pilot. With little other idea how to find their target, the two had eventually come up with the idea of narrowing their search by using a proxy tracking beacon to figure out how large the jamming zone was. Once they knew that, they could focus on the center of it. Even if it didn’t give up the location of the base, it would at least allow them an opportunity to shut down the jamming signal.

"I don't see why we should be the ones doing the walking." ZIM said. "We're always the ones doing the walking."
"That would be because Norrteth owns the ship."
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, March 03rd 2011 10:44pm    Post subject:

It had been numerous hours since Morgan had begun his travels, and by now he was getting tired of the travel he undertaking. Fortunately, he was taking what was supposedly his last trip across.

”When we’re done here, I’m making sure we get some kind of land vehicle we can stash in the Shape. I don’t care if it’s just a little one-seater that barely counts as anything more than a little engine with a seat on it, we are getting something that I can ride on if I ever have to do anything like this again.”
”Good idea. So where are you planning on storing it?”
”Oh, there are plenty of models out there that we could carry easy enough. Now that I think about it, it’s a wonder we don’t have some already. If nothing else, I could always do an add-on on the outside of the ship specifically for…”

Morgan stopped talking when he thought he heard something from behind him.

”You know, I just realized that I’ve never really researched into Naboo wildlife at all.”
”Yeah, but why should you have?”
”I’m not saying I should have.” Morgan replied as he began to flip through his vision options while he looked around. ”But have you noticed how the wildlife around these parts is kind of slim? There’s birds and all, but otherwise…”
”Probably because they’re avoiding the pirate we’re after.”
”I’m not sure it’s quite that simple. That would require there be someone around these parts on a regular basis.”
”Hired help, perhaps?”
”That sounds more like it.”

Taking cover by a nearby tree, he armed his blaster rifle. He could tell there was something out there approaching him. He was just having difficulty making out who or what they were.

”And I think they’re following me.”

He waited to see if they would become clearer as they got closer, in hopes of confirming that they were what he thought they might be. As much as he wanted to start shooting, he had to first confirm that he wasn’t shooting at someone who would truly be missed – there was always the off possibility that they were some kind of Naboo security forces that were out on some sort of training mission or campers that had managed to get themselves lost.

”I think I can identify one of them.” ZIM said as they got closer. He wasn’t alone – based on the shape, the closest one looked like a gungan. To the sides, he could see two others that looked taller, and were moving a lot faster.

And then the tree next to him was impacted by blue, glowing goo.

Morgan quickly turned to look at what had just happened, and quickly recognized it with his good eye. He’d never actually seen them in person before, but had read up on enough to give him a pretty good idea of what it was – a booma.

”Sith.”
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, March 04th 2011 03:16am    Post subject:

Morgan returned fire, his aim mostly off but it was still enough to send his attackers ducking for cover. The short ones, at least. The taller ones simply turned to the side and kept going.

”I think they’re trying to flank.”
”Ya think?”

Ducking behind the tree, he aimed and was able to hit one of gungans in the shoulder before he turned and started to bolt. However, without having any idea how deadly the shot had been or how many bad guys he was looking at, it was difficult to tell how much better it had made the odds.

”Why are we still on the ground? Fly! Fly!”

Morgan could have slapped himself if he wasn’t more worried about the enemies and their boomas – another one of which flew past his head, much closer than the first one. Leaping up off the ground, he headed for the sky and landed on a tree branch up above.

Looking down, he saw one of the two ‘taller’ enemies and realized the reason why – he wasn’t walking, but rather riding a kaadu. He also was human, which gave Morgan good reason to believe this wasn’t just a bunch of the natives who were mad at him for stepping on some previously unknown area of sacred ground.

Morgan aimed and fired down at the man, but trying to balance himself on the tree branch made it difficult to aim. He was able to get off a couple of shots, but return fire from someone’s blaster hit the branch he was standing on, weakening it enough to break under the cyborg’s weight.

”You stopped flying! Why did you stop flying?”

Morgan didn’t have time to answer – he was too concerned about missing the rapidly approaching ground. He began to flip himself over, but wasn’t able to entirely keep away from it. Instead, he only managed to soften the impact and bounce along the ground.

”Sithspit!”

Though still painful, Morgan rapidly forced himself back up and fired a few cover shots to ward off the other mounted attacker – this one an actual gungan. Beginning to move again, he briefly turned around to shoot at the foot soldiers who were starting to get dangerously close. Especially since there were still a few odd boomas being thrown his way, none of which were being thrown with bad enough aim to make him feel comfortable about the things. Taking a few shots at his pursuers, he again took to the sky.

This time, however, his flight was ended prematurely. Moving forward through the air, he ‘felt’ a sudden impact against his leg, the result of a booma hitting its mark. There was no single word to describe it, but it was incredibly unpleasant.

”And tha-error-1001-don’t stop-101-ERROR!-flying!”

The good news was that his various limbs and disjointed cyborg parts were disconnected enough that the successful hit didn’t result in a total systems failure.

The bad news was that it still hurt like someone had dropped a full grown hutt on top of him from somewhere up in orbit. That, and it once again left him in free-fall. He was mostly still working, but the leg that had been hit was now completely dead, repulsorlift and all.

”This is just not my day, is it?” He said right before the ground effectively reached out and slapped him.

Down, but not out, Morgan tried to keep crawling his way forward, quickly rolling himself behind the cover of another tree. Trying to get a sense of his surroundings, he noticed that one of the mounted riders was quickly approaching.

He was able to pick himself up enough to use his grapple cord and lone functioning repulsorlift, which gave him enough power to lift himself part way up the tree. Once at a suitable elevation, he pushed his leg against the tree and pushed himself out in a way that caused him to start to swing around the tree. The enemies on foot tried to shoot him down as he swung around, but the closest they came was singing his armor.

Morgan came around the tree right behind the rider, and released his cable to land on the back of the man’s kaadu, though he was half-way hanging off when he did. While the animal was noticeably disturbed by the extra, oddly distributed weight , it managed to keep running, though without the same amount of control.

”Hi there.”
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, March 04th 2011 04:52pm    Post subject:

The man, surprised by the situation, turned around as much as he could and tried to shoot Morgan. Morgan was faster, popping his wrist blaster and shooting the man in the gut. However, unable to maintain his balance on his mount anymore, the man practically brought the kaadu down with him, causing Morgan to fall off with him.

Not wanting to loose what was perhaps his best hope of staying alive at this point, Morgan got up and was able to get over to the animal before it was able to run off, though his initial attempt to ride was sloppy and got a lot of loud complaints from the animal.

”Can you tell it to shut up?”
”I could say the same of you.”
”What? I’ve hardly said anything!”
”The reason that’s changed is?”

Just as he was able to right himself and turn the kaadu into a proper ride, the other mounted attacker began to close in on him, firing as he came. Morgan was unable to do much in return with his less-than-promising situation, and instead focused on closing the distance between the two of them till he could attack him in melee combat.

The kaadu continued to make its displeasure at the situation known as Morgan drove the animal around the trees, zig-zagging in and out as he tried to make himself a difficult target. It was through this irregular pattern that he was eventually able to close the distance between himself and the gungan rider, coming in from behind to sneak up on him. The reptilian alien was quick to respond, however, slowing down to bring the two right up along side one another.

The gungan pulled out a booma and tried to hit Morgan with it, but the cyborg drove the two kaadus into one another, causing the blue energy weapon to fall out of the goons hand and land harmlessly behind them. Morgan used the opening to punch the gungan across the face, though it didn’t have any noticeable effect.

The Gungan next pulled out a blaster, but Morgan grabbed the aliens wrist with his cyborg arm before it could be fired and squeezed, slowly crushing it. Unable to get a shot off at Morgan, he settled with shooting the cyborg’s kaadu.

Another curse was uttered from Morgan’s lips as he found his mount going down, and leg his grip on the animal go so that he could be pulled off of it. His grip on the gungan didn’t do much better, especially when he found himself falling to the ground when the alien turned out not to be strong enough to keep both of them up. Desperate not to be left at the mercy of the rider or trampled under the kaadu’s feet, however, he succeeded in catching on to the animal’s saddle straps.

”Yeah, this is much better.”
”Would you…"

"Ah, frak this!”

Pulling a grenade from his pack, he jammed it under the saddle and let go. Hitting the ground, he was just able to catch a glimpse of the rider as he looked back to see where Morgan was before both the kaadu and its rider exploded.
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, March 12th 2011 05:20pm    Post subject:

Crawling along the ground with one leg as dead weight, Morgan kept moving to try to buy himself as much time as he could before the gungans inevitably caught up with him.

”Morgan?”
”Norr?” Morgan replied, surprised by the contact. He figured he must have crawled out of the jamming zone. ”I’ve got a situation here.”
”Does it have anything to do with the explosion this one saw?”
”Like you would not frakkin’ believe. It has everything to do with it.”
”What is your situation?”

From behind him, off in the distance, a blaster shot flew over his head. In response, Morgan crawled behind another tree and leaned up against it for cover.

”Gungans!” Morgan said. ”Irate gungans! And they’re sporting boomas!”
”What?”
”Boomas! Squishy liquid droid death! I’m currently crippled, with one leg down and doing nothing but holding me down! I need air support!”
”Morgan, this one isn’t following.”

More blaster fire began to shoot past his position. Morgan took a couple grenades out and threw them back at the attackers to ward them off for a few moments more.

”You see those explosions? I need you to shoot the Shapes main guns in a sweep southward of their position!”
”This one is unsure the locals will take kindly to that kind of behavior.”
”That’s real thoughtful of you, Norrteth. The fact that even if they do notice it, considering that as far as we’re aware there’s no one out here, you can either use your guns to clear out these gungans for me or you can try to catch this guy on your own. Either way is fine by me, but I’d really appreciate it if you made up your mind now.”

The comm. received no response, but soon enough he could see the Shape flying overhead. It was soon after that he saw the ships guns open fire on the area where his attackers were coming from.

”YEAH!”
”What fireworks!”

Pulling himself to his foot, Morgan leaned against the tree to look out from behind cover and enjoy as his former attackers had hot laser death dropped all over them, and grinned widely as he did so.
Kleiia Nappolian
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, March 13th 2011 11:14am    Post subject:

The daily activities were relatively boring compared to the hours she spent at night, tracking and predicting the True Empire's next targets. They were certainly on the move in the Outer Rim, though most of the action was taking place on the other side of the galaxy. Naboo was nestled safely away, but the alternative notion to that train of thought, was that it lacked any importance, at least, strategically for the Remnant or Republic to defend.

The datascreen had been flashing for nearly two minutes, her eyes tired from concentration and hours of scrawling across galactic maps. Damian emerged, his hands carried two cups, both filled with a gungan sea tea. The liquid was barely tolerable, but immediately softened the amount of accumulated stress. The drink had become a necessary ailment, the doctors feared for the baby's health, but she couldn't stop. Her child's future may have rested on the work or some observation that she noticed in a glance.

"Kleiia, they have military experts looking at all this." He had said that thirteen times this week, and she replied with a stern, resistant look. She wasn't going to listen, and he knew better. "Sorry, I can't help it. I'm just worried is all. About everything." Not really everything, his hands rubbed her stomach, before he kissed her shoulder. She felt the sting of anger, how could he not understand the concept of what was happening. But then she remembered, he was Kuati. Nothing was more true to the Empire, than that system.

She took his hand, and kissed it, attempting to erase the thought from her mind. "I know," she could pretend to be happy, she could pretend to be calm about the freedom and peace of the galaxy coming to an end...

"How about I look into their fleet movements, and you get a couple hours of sleep. I'll wake you before eight." His tone was soothing, and almost immediately, she felt a wave of exhaustion. He was right, she needed to rest, and maybe with a fresh pair of eyes, she'd see something new, something she might've missed. The walk to their bed was short, most of her work had been moved to her room. Former Queens might not have put so much dedication into war, save Amidala, but this time, it was different.

Zend represented the last mark of her people's involvement with the Empire. A gungan by the name of Jar Jar Binks had elected powers to Chancellor Palpatine, once a Senator of their planet, who later declared an end to the Republic and birth of the Galactic Empire. Now the Emperor's last Grand Admiral stood on the brink of victory. The Galactic Union, between the Republic and Remnant, was considerably unprepared. In fact, war ships were being disassembled... not many, both governments probably kept a stash of vessels, but nothing had been planned for this.

The sheets were warm and soft as she dropped into them. Damian pulled them over her shoulders, rubbing her left leg, before kissing her thigh right above the knee. It was comforting, and suddenly grim and dread slipped from her mind, to briefly embrace pleasure and rest...
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, March 14th 2011 02:25pm    Post subject:

“What did you say caused that?” Norrteth asked as Morgan removed his leg and set it down on a workbench aboard the Shape. While at first glance the thing looked more or less in tact beyond the impact zone, closer examination revealed that the leg was pretty much shot.

”Booma.” Morgan replied, and took a closer look at the stump where his leg has previously been attached to his thigh.

”We should probably look into some kind of new joint system with all the damage we seem to take.”
”Yeah, the thought crossed my mind as well. Certainly would make replacement easier.”

“This one can’t say he’s ever heard of it.” Norrteth said.
”Like I said, it’s gooey droid death. Made by the natives. And you shouldn’t have to worry. I don’t think it should cause any problem to the ship, now that it’s been used up.”
“How do you know so much about it?”
”Well,” Morgan said, grabbing his leg off the work bench to examine the full extent of the damage. ”When you’re reduced to being half machine…”
”Reduced?”
”…and your life effectively depends on your man-made parts continuing to function as normal, you take the time to learn about such things. If a booma ever hit you, you’d probably have nothing to worry about. Me, I’m lucky it just hit my leg, and that I’ve got enough flesh between it and my brain. Had I been tagged in the wrong place, I’d be a goner.”

“So how long will it take you to get back up on your feet?”
”That depends.” Morgan replied. ”It shouldn’t take me long to scrap this leg and get a basic replacement operational. It’ll be bare bones, little more than a metal pipe with a knee and ankle, but it’ll let me walk and do my usual run and shoot stuff. Getting it back to where it was before is a little different story. I think I have enough spare parts lying around to get it fully operational, but it’ll take some time.”

Not one to waste time on the matter, Morgan began looking for something he could use to safely clean off the leftover booma debris from his leg before starting to tear it apart.

”So how are things on your end?”
“The good news is that the center of the jamming field has been located. The bad news is that this plan may not work as intended.”

”Whatta you mean?”
”Aside from that the leg may have died for nothing.”

“From what has been seen, this individual is far more equipped and prepared that was first anticipated. He has a hidden base and people working for him. He also no doubt suspects that there’s someone after him right now. Unless and until he decides to fly back out here, it may be more trouble than it’s worth to keep chasing him.”
”We can’t just wait for him? I’ve got time to waste.”
“That assumes he doesn’t have another exit and hasn’t already and he’s already left these two behind.”
“So…what, then?”
“Get your leg walking again. Norrteth will work on getting rid of the jamming signal. However, if a way to the ship is not located soon, the new plan will be to drop of what is known to the local authorities, see if there’s not a lesser reward to be collected, and then go after a less complicated target.”

Not waiting for a response, the gand left the room to go do what he had said.

”That’s surprisingly defeatist for him.”
”You didn’t tell him specifically how long it’ll take to get your leg running.”
”Nope.”
”You thinking what I’m thinking?”
”If by that you mean stretching out the time it takes to get the leg running in order to buy us extra time to find this guy, then yes.”
”Yes it is then.”

(Click here to Continue the Story.)
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, October 13th 2011 04:03am    Post subject:

Sara didn’t know how, or why, she ended up on her way to Naboo. She remembered everything of the past few days, including the destruction of Bespin’s Cloud City. But nothing after that could be recalled. There was no sign of the crew, but she had this drive to go to Naboo where her powers manifested. She felt stronger too, like Bespin had changed her for the better despite the loss of life. In the pit of her stomach she knew it was wrong to feel stronger over it when she should have just broken down.

She’d seen life get taken away, even taking a few herself. But nothing on the scale of Bespin.

A flash, and something came to her. A cloaked figure with a red lightsaber, and contrary to Sara’s thoughts that she would end up beheaded, it was the figure who was beheaded. She didn’t know how, but she prevailed in killing a resurgent Sith. Parts of her chest felt sore for a reason she couldn’t explain, maybe she hit a pillar or something while running to the shuttle she was in now. She narrowly missed a turbolaser shot escaping Bespin. Heh, escaping. More like fleeing, she muttered to herself in the quiet confines of her cockpit.

Naboo neared, and she felt a presence through the Force. It was similar to Lucas, but different altogether. She’d find out—there was another, and it was Lucas for sure. She didn’t know why, but she pulled her aura in on herself to conceal her own presence, how she learned to do that she was unsure of. With the way her powers developed, it seemed that it came with the situation.

A flash, and she remembered seeing a datapad at the feet of the dead Sith, next to his wrinkled and crippled face. It had the portrait of a popular politician. The Queen of Naboo, Kleiia Nappolian. She remembered her mission, she was to go to Naboo and the Royal Palace and warn the Queen of a Sith assassination attempt!

She pushed the throttle to it’s maximum safety limits, and entered the atmosphere.

Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, October 13th 2011 01:42pm    Post subject:

The transport arrived in the early morning, as Lucas stepped out into the brisk air. He tugged his jacket so he could zip it up, but took several minutes to breathe. He had been cooped up too long breathing the artificial air, that he was beginning to lose focus. But all that pent up negativity vanished as the Palace loomed in the distance. His ears could hear the waterfalls and the morning chirps of the local fauna. Lucas moved through the streets, the cobblestone and architecture never ceased to impress him. He stopped only to grab a quick to-go breakfast from a farmer-merchant.

Lucas walked the streets of the capital, but knew by the Force, that he had arrived a little early. He was mid-way around the corner when he bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry about that." Lucas said, first noticing the younger man was attractive. He was brunette with long hair, almost close to black in color. He was dressed well enough, but had the swag of a bounty hunter. The blaster on his side was defiantly enough to mean he wasn't from around here. His defiance might've been the key to this whole puzzle Lumiya had him working on, as his senses tingled

"No problem," The guy answered, "I was just on my way to the space port. No jobs here." Lucas nodded and the two parted ways.

"All right the Force show me who I'm looking for." Lucas said, half joking out loud to the mysterious energy. If he had zero luck on the casual street travel, then he'd have to approach his brother. But right now, that was the last thing he wanted to do.
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, October 14th 2011 01:35am    Post subject:

Sara paid the landing fees with credits she didn’t know she had. She knew she had a large sum from Badim and Clare, but outside of that she didn’t know where the rest came from. Unsurprisingly, another flash and she had looted it from the dead Sith’s corpse.

She paced through the streets of Theed in the cool, slowly warming morning sun. She thought she saw Lucas for a moment down one street, and the aura coming off him confirmed it. Her initial movements showed that she wanted to shout out to him, greet him and let him know she had survived Bespin, killing a Sith in the process.

All except for a lean, she didn’t go through with it, with not even a step. She didn’t know why, but she ignored Lucas and further tucked her presence into a much smaller space than before and pressed onwards to the Palace.
Eventually she arrived, opening herself up for moments at a time to feel for Lucas, but he was heading towards the Palace, but circling the city in a rough search pattern. With the way he was moving, he’d finish in twenty minutes, but if anything happened he was still within three minutes with full Force assistance.

Why was she worried about this? It’s Lucas, her friend! That’s when it all changed. A deep, repressed emotion returned. Jonas. Lucas wasn’t her friend, only a hindrance to her mission. He wasn’t here to stop some Sith assassination like she was. He was the Sith!

Not taking the front entrance, she went around the Palace perimeter towards the backend of the lofty building. She saw four guards at this entrance and was about to announce that she was a Jedi, instead she reached out with the Force and flung to across the alley and into the wall on the other side, knocking them out. The other two turned to Sara and aimed their blasters.
In one swift movement, Sara flicked a hand to the security cameras to cut their power and feed, and leapt towards the guards with her lightsaber ignited.
For a moment she thought her saber was red, but it must have been the Naboo sun, since it quickly returned to yellow.

A slice, and two bodies slumped to the ground. One beheaded and another in half. She pressed onwards into the Palace. She opened herself to the Force, Lucas had been alerted to the death of two guards through the Force as well. Presence tucked back into submission, she knew…

He was coming.

Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, October 14th 2011 01:51am    Post subject:

Lucas felt a terrible shudder through the Force: the assassin had arrived. Lucas bolted towards the palace, dropping a juiji juice drink he had bartered for, realizing that he had wasted a good portion of his time shopping for meaningless trinkets of food. As he came around the corner, he could hear the local security forces shouting into comm badges. Two were already dead. Lucas used the Force to launch himself into the air and onto one of the balconies. From there he snatched an ascension gun from a passing control and shot it upwards. Believe it or not, but he had seen a holo-history novel on Padme Amidala between Umgul and Naboo. She had done something similar prior to the Clone Wars.

Lucas rolled into the Palace, before he felt the Force wrap around his body. "Holy shit." He said, "Damian, its me!" The pressure was released. "The Queen? Is she safe?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Long story, but I was tipped off."

Lucas hated the look his brother gave him. "You didn't think of telling me?" Damian's tone was dark, with an undertone of violence. "Gods damn it -"

They heard a lightsaber snap and two more bodies fell to the ground. "It's a frakkin' bloodbath in here." Lucas felt the lives through the Force, but this time it was different, it was like he had done it himself. It was a strange connection.... a feeling he had not felt since... Bakura.

"Damian..." Lucas started, "I know who is doing this."

"Who?!"

"Her name is Sara, she's a friend." Lucas said, watching as the red headed woman advanced around the corner, her vibrant yellow saber in hand. Together he and his brother retrieved their respective lightsabers and ignited them. A blue hue for Lucas, purple for Damian.

"Some friend, she's creating a massacre."

"Damian, listen to me. She's under some kind of spell, the Sith...they're back. For all she knows, she could be seeing them, not us. We have no idea who or what she really sees."

Lucas reached out to her, "Sara..." With a sudden jolt and powerful Force blast, both he and Damian were pushed and slammed into opposite walls. Lucas looked up, she was stronger in this state. He turned to his brother, "Don't kill her."

"Lucas..."

Lucas jumped up, his blade colliding with his fiery red friend...
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, October 14th 2011 04:05am    Post subject:

Sara swung left and right, her sun-shine yellow blade cutting through the placed assassins as if she were a wrecking ball. She didn’t feel remorse for the Sith assassins. Then she found another Sith, this one with a lightsaber. It flashed purple, then cooled red. They looked at each other for a moment, he looked similar to Lucas, but with a distinct difference. But his bulging veins and pale skin changed the appearance all together to the holo-novel equivalent of a Sith. She leapt forward with her saber primed, she parried with him for the longest time, locks of each other’s hairs getting sliced off. It was a marvel their heads didn’t burst into flame, but quick rushes of air while manipulating the Force kept their hair from combusting. She pushed the Sith with all her might across the hall, making him hit a pillar that cracked and buckled.

She didn’t feel his consciousness leave him, so he was just recovering from a heavy blow. Assassins began to fire from an adjacent hallway and she deflected blaster bolts by what seemed like the hundreds. The random villian charged forward in a valiant effort from time to time, only to get cut down.

Where were they all coming from? The Palace was littered with assassins! She prayed she wasn’t too late for the Queen.

She felt Lucas not thirty feet from her. She turned her head while she felt the Force guide her hand to deflect blaster bolts while her attention was elsewhere. She saw the Sith, grabbing Lucas with the Force for a moment before dropping him. They conversed? Lucas turned to her, reaching for her.

Sara…” he tried to say, but she fought back. Lucas was assisting a Sith! She pushed both of them further down the hallway, and into the wall that marked it’s end.

She concentrated on the guards once more, cutting down the last few that opposed her. After a moment of recovery, Lucas’ lightsaber sprang to life in brilliant red and he leapt towards her.

“Kill her.” Lucas said.

She blocked the blow from Lucas and stared at him. His face was transformed. He was Sith, but for a split second, Lucas’ presence intensified and she saw him as she remembered from Bespin. A moment later, she knew it was a Sith illusion and pushed him away and swung low.

Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, October 14th 2011 03:20pm    Post subject:

Lucas blocked the red lightsaber, his body cringing as she used the Force to strengthen the strike. He might've lost his legs, but with the proximity between them, he could tell she was under Lumiya's influence. Damian swooped behind her, forcing her to retract her arm in order to block him. Lucas tried to concentrate, there would have to be some kind of way to block her from Lumiya's spells. She sparred with Damian, the two swinging the blades fast enough they were a blur in the air, before Lucas jumped back into the fray. She managed to fend them well, but on two occasions, Lucas could have sworn he could've killed her, but that wasn't the point here.

Suddenly two soldiers came around the corner, their blasters were raised. "NO! GET BACK!" Lucas shouted at them, but it was too late. Sara used the Force, twisting their arms and they shot each other. Lucas looked at her. "What are you doing?!" He swiped at her arm, connecting, but just barely. A burn, maybe the pain would break the trance. "Sara! Come out of it."

"Lucas, she deserves to die. Look at how many people she's killed already. There is no way she can live a free life now."

Lucas looked at her, her fingers tightened around her hilt, before she spun, expelling a Force bubble that collided against Lucas and his body. He felt a whirlwind of energy spin him around and shoot him across the room. In a desperate sprawl he tried to collect his footing, watching as Sara Force-backflipped, spinning her blade as she came around. Lucas barely managed to get his lightsaber to shield his face, and once again, if it weren't for Damian, he would've died.

For a moment, he felt Bella's presence. She was watching, she was worried. Damian looked at him. "Where is she?!"

"Varonat." He answered, gritting his teeth as he spun to engage Sara. They were going down the main hall now. Sara taking each of the strikes with ease as she was forced upwards, the stairs causing her to finally break a sweat, where Lucas was already drenched. "They probably gave her somekind of stimulant."

"You think?" Damian hissed, ducking to avoid the red energy blade.

Lucas bent low, spinning in the air, before coming around and pushing her with the Force. He used it again to collect a vase from the opposite of the room and toss it against her back.... it didn't seem to phase her.
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, October 14th 2011 07:40pm    Post subject:

Something was happening in Sara’s mind. It must have been a Sith trick from Lucas, or the one she was currently engaged with. Her world began to warp, but not to the point where she’d be compromised in her fight to defend the Queen, if she wasn’t already too late that is. Because of this she had barely dodge a vase thrown by Lucas. She forced her body to it’s limits, and pushed the Sith with the Force with double the might as before. Finally she felt his consciousness leave for the time being, now she had only one opponent to worry about.

Lucas’ red lightsaber flashed blue, and her yellow blade flashed red long enough to be noticed before they went back to normal. She wondered, but quickly snuffed the thought.

“Sara, tell me why are you doing this!” Lucas shouted. It didn’t sound threatening, but sincere. What? Well if he was inquiring, and her mission almost complete and obviously apparent.

“To save the Queen from the assassins! Why are you even working with them?!”

Lucas jumped with a back flip away from her swing, then froze and didn’t advance. “There are no Sith here! You’re the one with the red lightsaber! You’ve been killing the Palace guards!”

“Lies!” Sara yelled and continued to attack. She’d seen Lucas fight, and he was holding back she could tell. Slowly however, the fight began to escalate to the point where she was at the disadvantage. She made it to the top of the steps, the throne hall behind magnificent doors. She couldn’t let herself get backed into a wall. With as much power she could muster, she lifted Lucas in the air and tossed him through the doors, breaking the primitive and decorative locks until he rolled across the floor of the hall and towards the throne.
He had managed to envelope himself into a protective bubble before impact, and he rolled to his feet upon landing with little harm. That’s when Sara noticed the phalanxes of Royal Guards opposing her, Lucas in the center of them.

Sara heard two different sentences from Lucas at the same time in an eerie echo.
Don’t—Shoot!—her—She’s—not—a Sith!” She didn’t know which one Lucas was referring to for the longest time. That’s when she felt a touch, a tendril in the back of her mind receding.

Two worlds blurred into a hazy mix, and assassins transformed into Royal Guards, blades shifted colors from red and yellow, to blue and red. Finally they settled on the latter portions, and she realized what had happened. In the final moments of the tendril inside her mind, the strings to her limbs, she looked to her own lightsaber. Blood red and a charcoal black hilt. A formation of three knives were pointed outwards from the emitter, giving it a deadly appearance even when it would be deactivated.

She looked behind her, seeing the destruction she had wreaked, then turned back to the guards and Lucas. He and an officer were in the midst of an argument that she was just now picking up on.
“—don’t shoot to kill!”
“Protect your Queen, men! Don’t listen to the Jedi! Fire!”

Sara brought her saber up on instinct, deflecting salvos of green blaster bolts as her heart pounded, trying to retreat out the way she had come in. But she began to miss the odd one that nearly killed her, and burnt areas of her skin when one came too close. She was going to die.

Lucas extended a hand in haste, and the next salvo of bolts transformed from deadly venom green to bright blue. Her lightsaber missed a pair of them in the midst of hundreds, her limbs when numb first and then a third shot hit her chest.

All reality when dark from there, but the tendrils receded fully, and the full gravity of what she had done had manifested itself in her mind. She had been used. She didn’t remember anything after Bespin, it had all been manipulated.

Manipulated, and ruined for who knows how long.

Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Naboo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: