Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Naboo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Naboo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, August 11th 2010 03:43pm    Post subject:

The sun was bright compared to the artificial lights on the Leaper. The community atmosphere in Theed was admirable, where children could play in the streets, even without the constant supervision of their mothers. Kids in the Outer Rim knew better, and all of them had a run in with a bully at some point, if not daily. As they walked, Jonas couldn't help but feel a sense of joy pierce the typically rough terrain of his spirit... he walked a little taller. Alisson emerged, on the cuff of Tseneca's question. She had a flower tucked behind her ear, and a new, locally tailored dress. "It's beautiful." Jonas answered the questioning eyes, and she seemed relieved.

Style was different here. The closer they came to the Palace, the more elegant and exotic the fabrics and attires became. Naboo was rumored to be one of the best places for fashion, and whether Lucas admitted it or not, it beat Kuat's Telbun rags by far. A gungan passed by, whistling something, before he stopped Tseneca. "Yousa da woman!"

It didn't take a Jedi to sense she was confused and annoyed. She brushed his amphibian hands from her shoulders, and asked him what he had meant.

"The womans of the pod race, am i notta rright?"

"You are not correct, thank you." Tsceneca smiled and the group pushed towards the palace. Royal Security checked them at the gate, and took interest in Lucas and Tseneca's lightsabers. "Ah, you must be friends of Damian. Go on."

Well that was easy, Jonas glanced over to Lucas who didn't seem to mind, but Alisson walked without emotion. Not a fint of anything on her face as they crossed the magnificent architecture. His legs were happy, though not the perfect flooring of a space ship, the uneven city pavement had broken the repetitive pattern of his space-legs. The palace was smooth and crisp, but different stones and flooring gave a nice variety.

Security pointed directions, until a handmaiden appeared. She was cloaked in red, her head dipped to provide a small courtesy, before she stopped them at the last door. "Have you had second breakfast?" Lucas shook his head, taking point in their negotiations. Jonas had never really met royalty before. He dusted his pants off, maybe he should've taken a bit more time preparing himself.

Jonas was disappointed, the dining room was not behind the door, except another long path and interesting rooms. Several staircases, and Jonas paused to look over Theed and the surrounding areas. As he was staring off and into the waterfalls, Lucas seemed to notice something else. "Son of a bitch!" The Jedi pointed, their eyes dropped to the Royal hangar. Jonas couldn't make out exactly what he was referring to, as soon as he pointed, the Jedi pushed passed the handmaiden.

Jonas gave Tseneca a glance, as Alisson bolted behind him. "Lucas, wait!"

Treading after the pair, he tried to put the pieces together. Nothing, but shiny royal cruisers, and Naboo starfighters. A corellian freighter, no doubt packed with exquisiteness for the Queen. There was another ship, but he couldn't really make out the configuration. Except Han could be seen, in large red letters.

As Lucas took them up the largest of the staircases, and finally, to a balcony, where both the handmaiden and Alisson called to him. Tseneca and Jonas stopped at his side, as he drew his lightsaber. "Get ready."

"What is it, Lucas!?" Jonas took his blaster, and a defensive stance, holding the blaster at shoulder level.

Lucas kicked open the doors, and probably used a wave of the Force to create the dramatic fly and bang that echoed for sometime. Sitting on a balcony, overlooking the beautiful city around them were seven figures.

One was instantly recognized as the Queen of Naboo, her dramatic headpiece and the flowing gown, couldn't have been anyone else. Three were servants, providing and filling platters. One was presumably Damian, who looked very much like Lucas, it was odd, and the tension between the two could have exploded into a whirlwind. The other was the signature barabel, and sitting in front of him, galactic terrorist and blight of the crew, Vera Nico.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, August 11th 2010 05:13pm    Post subject:

Tseneca cursed and pulled her blaster up as well. Her lightsaber remained clipped to her belt, this wasn't close-range and she knew it.

The Queen rose hurridly, her painted face intense. "What is the meaning of this!?" She boomed, her voice fierce.

Nico had her arms folded in a way that described ease, but the barabel had raised its weapons directly at the group.

Damian stepped between the two armed forces, even Queen Nappolian's guards had raised arms. "Hold!" Damian commanded and held the groups back with a wave of the force. "Sith Spit Lucas." He gave his brother a fiery look, jaw set. "What's the matter with you!?"

Tseneca looked at Lucas, who was still in stance, staring fiercely at his brother and then Nico. He said nothing, but his brother dropped the force wall and tucked his hands within his dark robes. He stepped back to the Queen's side, and admonished his brother. "Do you honestly think the Queen's guards would be so complacent?"

Damian had a point. Nico was at ease, as was the Queen, who had taken a seat once more, and was gazing at the group with a look that was both poised and vaguely interested. Tseneca shivered as she motioned for them to sit.

She exchanged looks with Lucas. To deny the queen would be both folly and rude, but...

"I will not have breakfast with that scourge." She whispered in a voice only he could hear.

Lucas hissed back. "We don't have a choice. Grin and bear it. Its the only way we can find out whats going on."

"Don't you tell me to grin and bear it." She muttered, but they took their seats anyway.

Tseneca was placed next to Nico, the barabel stationed on the other side. It was almost surreal, being this close to someone so hated. This woman had killed so many, had killed Aquar. She'd placed a warrent on all their heads. She couldn't forgive her her trespasses or her psychotic reverse sexism, let alone sit beside her and tolerate it. She reached through the force for patience.

Nico reached for a scone. "Word travels of your misdeeds on Thyferra, it seems the pot calls the kettle black. And what of your lost laddie love? away in plumes i'm told" she hissed beneath her breath.

Tseneca gritted her teeth, the woman was taunting her. How dare she. Resentment clouded Tseneca's vision, but she pushed it aside, that sort of thing had no place here. If Nico wanted to play games, Tseneca could easily play opposition. In fact was a talent.

"So it would seem." Tseneca answered back, chin up.

But now the queen was asking for attention, now would be the time for answers as to why they were having a brunch with the woman who'd asked half the galaxy for their heads on a platter.
 Back to top »
Kleiia Nappolian
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, August 13th 2010 12:17am    Post subject:

The arrival of Damian's brother couldn't have come at a worst time. Kleiia gave her handmaiden a glance, and the girl bowed her head. Laia's failure would have to be dealt with at another, time, but for now, she'd need to calm the situation. "Please," Her tone was final, and the new guests took seats easily conjured. "Now, welcome to Theed, Lucas." The uncanny resemblance to Damian was more than she had anticipated. She smiled faintly, his cool demeanor wasn't what it appeared to be. Even the gifts of the Force weren’t needed to understand the lot had loathed the bald vigilante.

Damian's brother was courteous, but kept a gaze on the younger brunette. "Thank you, Queen Nappolian." Kleiia smiled, at least he used formalities. "This is Tseneca Lowry-Fink and Alisson of the House of Pallanen." THe boy shifted, "And Jonas Eisley, a stranded fool of Iego." His attempt to break the ice nearly succeeded, the two shared a glance. "Or Telbun impersonator."

Kleiia smiled to each, and returned to her seat. Whether the guests liked it or not, they were in for a ride in political negotiations. "Let's cut to the chase. Nico is not a favored guest on many systems, and would have been shot on-sight by many. But here, on Naboo, she is a welcomed guest of the Royal Family." She paused, "As much as you are, Lucas. I am pleased to meet you. Your brother has mentioned much about you."

"Thank you, your highness."

"Lowry. You wouldn't happened to be related to Dmtir?" The woman identified as Tseneca turned, it was one of the first few glances she offered outside of Nico. A simple nod answered. "I see. It is fortunate his demise was rather peaceful. It is commendable, your efforts. You would do well in rebellion politics."

"That is not really on our to-do list." Lucas answered, his eyes looking to Damian.

Kleiia spoke to re-establish that it was her speaking, not him. "It should be on everybody's mind. War is spreading across the galaxy. Zend will crush the Republic, and seek revenge on the Remnant of the Galactic Empire. The galaxy as we know it, is doomed."

"And that is where I come in," Nico lifted her glass and sipped the red wine provided.

The Queen of Naboo First Previous Next Latest
The Brotherhood First Previous Next Latest
Damian Pallanén-Davad First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, August 13th 2010 03:11pm    Post subject:

Lucas scoffed. How could Nico be of any assistance to anyone? She was a wild rancor bull, and following the rules didn't mean much, if anything at all. Lucas breathed heavy, but kept his facial expression and body language in check. Alisson had instructed him to listen, before taking action, and he promised he would. Damian was sitting across from him, and their glances rarely lifted from each other. He couldn't believe he, of all people, was sitting here, and acting as though nothing was wrong. Like it was some kind of tea party the queen tossed, and they were just a bunch of air-brained twits.

"Enough," Lucas breathed, "Your highness, I beg your pardon if this comes out rude, and maybe even out of turn... But I suppose under the peaceful and beautiful scenery of your humble abode logic can be set aside, but... HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FRAKKIN' MIND?!"

Damian rose from his chair, "Get out."

The Queen was peeved, he sensed it, but her political game was much more in check than he originally thought. "Damian, please take your seat. Lucas, you can either sit as a guest, stand as though a Telbun, or leave the grounds and I ask that you do not return, ever." Lucas shifted, taking his seat. He needed to see this through.

"So much for grinning and baring it." Tseneca said under her breath.

"Someone needed to say it." Lucas whispered back, "Frakkin' madhouse. I didn't think this was happening."

Nico darted her eyes to them, "If I may explain, perhaps our meeting will go a little more smoothly."
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, August 13th 2010 04:37pm    Post subject:

The sloth return of the boy's attitude was coy, but it was irrelevant. Her pieces were well placed across the board, and her position was indubitably safe. Nico smiled to Tseneca, a passive attempt to send the woman into a fury frenzy, but she didn't budge. It must've taken all the Force in the galaxy to keep her sitting upright in that chair, and Nico enjoyed every minute of her control. Nico's spies had reported of their latest venture on Felucia, and she was interested in the demonic experience the Sarlacc had on Jonas Eisley. It was bone-chilling, and his story could sell millions. He was more of a legend, than he let on.

"You have grown, since the last time I saw you." She was speaking metaphorically, "My name is Vera Nico, and believe it or not, I am your only hope in upsetting the conquest of Grand Admiral Zend."

"We know who you are," The snide voice of the Jedi snaked out, and Nico only flashed him a smile. Having a single Pallanen was a chore enough, but two, made it almost impossible. The elder of the triplets opened his mouth to speak, but only Nico caught the Queen touch his thigh as though to silence him. It snapped shut, and Nico was allowed to continue.

"Do you know me, Lucas?" Blue eyes stared into the boy, searching for some sort of answer. He rolled his eyes, but she knew he was on the defense now. She had him right where she needed him. "Do you know of the horrors I faced while locked away in your mother's prison?"

"My mother?! You can't be serious. I knew you were crazy, but now.."

"Lucas, please. Just shut up, and listen." Damian expressed.

"You? You are letting her bad mouth our own mother, right in front of you? What is this? Who are you?"

"We can discuss that later, but for now, just listen." Nico breathed the sibling rivalry, she thrived on it. It took the tension away from her, and it settled on the pair. The Queen returned to her gaze, and Nico resumed her story.

"Let's start from the beginning..." Nico paused, letting the memories resurface. She basked in them, letting them fill her brain, rile emotions that had not stirred for nearly a decade. "My mother was murdered, and just recently, I found out she was raped by a group of men. It was brutal, it was barbaric to the core. Souls black with evil, not a sign of Light or any attribute worth saving, I was shocked when the Kuati Court System ruled in favor of the men, suggesting my mother had attacked them, and they merely defended themselves.

"I was heartbroken, and for several months, I could do nothing, but mope and long for my mother's embrace. One day, I decided to change who I was. I shed the beautiful locks, the hair that so gloriously provided rent and food. My model career was over, as something new was inside of me. I took the last of my credits and I purchased two blasters." They were still on her hips, they were her signature weapons, engraved with V.N. "I set out to bring justice to these men, members of the noble class of our homeworld, gentlemen." Nico flashed the brothers a glance, "Suffice to say, I found them."

She remembered that night. It was cool and damp, only the brightest of stars could be seen over Kuat City. Nico was wearing all black, striped of the beautiful and expressive colors of their culture. Her eyes were dark and full of revenge, rage, but most importantly, justice. She'd end the lives of those who had killed her mother. Her blue orbs dropped on the scene before her, the men were stripping a young woman of her clothes. She remembered the deep bravo of the thugs, their hoots of laughter, the sound of a predator before devouring its prey. Nico could remember the sick feeling her stomach made when she watched the scene unfold, her body too afraid to move forward and help the girl.

It was something one of them had said, "Time to feel", that stirred her legs to move. When she dropped into the scene, the first man's head was blown completely off his shoulders, and thick rivers of blood filled the pavement. The second man's face, she'd never forget. It went from lust to fear in under a second, and the way he looked at her, as the tip of the blaster stopped in front of his heart, he was pleading. She pulled the trigger, and the man dropped, his body adding to the stream of red from the man before him. The third was difficult. By this time, the surprise had been lost, and his fist planted into Nico's face. Her blasters fell from her hands, as the fourth and final guy pulled a dagger from his belt.

Somewhere between the scramble, the young girl pulled her pants back over her waist, and then the third man was dead. To be sure, Nico retrieved the closest gun, and fired it several times into his back. Vital organs were smashed and blasted. The fourth knew the scene had been lost, and fled. Nico grabbed the girl, pulling her to the side, and wiped the tears from her face.

"I found them, in the process, of assaulting a young girl. It was violent as it was disgusting. I killed three of the four, the fourth escaped and testified that I was a low-class psychotic woman. By this time, the news of my trial spread like wildfire, all over Kuat and soon, all over the galaxy. People chanted my name, whispered of my triumph. Suddenly the Nobles no longer had an easy case. They were torn between one of the richest families on the world, and what was right. While I waited for my trial to play out, I was put in a cell. Solitary confinement. I wasn't allowed anything, or anyone. I sat in the dark for months."

She looked to Alisson, "I felt someone, someone out there. Who ever she was, I knew she was helping me. The guard slipped me a key, and tools I needed to escape. I went through the sewage. I crawled through shit and grime to obtain freedom that was always mine, just unrightfully taken from me." The Queen dabbed her eyes, "I was there, at the very bottom of Hells' Pit, and I was fighting for my freedom, because no one had the courage to do it. No one had the courage to step in, and defend me...

"I stole a KDY shuttle, and left the system. I met an information trafficker, and he gave me the resources and the references. I discovered the main beneficiary behind my capture, my confinement. The one responsible for sending me to months on end, testing my endurance, and all those hours under interrogation... they wanted me to confess. To admit, to end the galactic scrutiny..." Nico paused, collecting her emotions, and to delay the name of the individual responsible. Finally, she opened her mouth, "Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad."

"LIES!" Lucas nearly shouted.

"Lucas, it is true. I know it is." Damian breathed, "I was in the study, I was coming home early to visit from the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV... I heard them. Mom and Dad speaking about how they could get rid of her. How she never should've been put there in the first place, that they should've just killed her."

Nico had already heard this, but the shock to Lucas was enough to pause her story. She let the man control himself, before the Queen asked her to continue. "I didn't plan revenge on her, at the time, I was just glad to be free of Kuat and our damned justice system. A bounty hunter took me in. I learned from him, and he taught me the life of the scoundrel. I took jobs, but his agenda was different than your avenge hunter. He only took missions if it was the right thing. An injustice that needed to be corrected. I valued this man's teachings, and promised to do the same. I was a new woman, and for the longest time, I was under the radar. But, I knew my destiny belonged to something greater.

"I was responsible for the people who did no evil, and was held responsible for crimes they did not commit. I was responsible for those being tortured, for nothing, but the spectacle pain creates. I decided to move on the galactic winds, and reset the game on planets legendary for atrocities. The first was the tyrant king of a moon on Fillador. He was a powerful slave trader, and responsible for nearly three percent of the death sticks imported into the Core.

"He told me that I was beautiful, and asked me to dance and bare my chest for him in his private room. I went there, like so many girls before me, and before he would have his way, I slit and removed the throat that had spoken so many misdeeds. My actions have always been dramatically poetic, but that is the life I chose. I removed a King, and reset the political game. His wife took the throne, and while the slave trade stopped, her profits on Spice doubled over the course of two months. For a while, I considered this the lesser of two evils.

"I traveled and removed tyrants, senators, and Moffs as I saw fit. Earning my name on the galactic most wanted list. Governments loathed me, but the people respected me." Vera paused, catching her breath, when she turned to Tseneca. "I met someone, and eventually, that lead me to Emmett Fink. His credits bankrolled information, information that he said he would pass along to his boss, who at the time, I believed was a Hutt. I took countless jobs in the Outer Rim to figure out his true loyalty, but never would have I suspected it was the True Empire.

"He was kind. For a while, he might have respected my decisions and my actions, but I realized over time, I was losing sight in what I was really meant to be doing. I was killing men for lesser things, actions which could be redeemed. Still horrible things, but not the variety I was meant to stop. Fink was there, when I broke down, and he calmed my spirits. I hadn't felt for someone in so long, it was difficult. When I took the job in the Oxanna Cantina, I was there to eliminate the top leadership of three legendary criminal syndicates, Dark Sun Clan, Tri Xi Pi and Luna Ina Industries.

"That is when our paths would finally cross, Tseneca. I was not aware of it at the time, but my ships communications had been hacked and they were leaking over and into public channels. Fink was smart enough not to answer, though you had heard me. Iego, I needed to be sure, and when I boarded the Blight Leaper, I discovered your true name. Lowry and the small dedication to Fink. I asked him if he had been married, and he sublimely avoided the question.

"I knew then, he didn't know you were still alive. I collected Thyferran records, and it said you were deceased. You played dead, and the galaxy believed you. You left a world to a terrible tyrant, where you flew around with Badim Solding and took odd jobs. It was petty, but forgivable. I decided to play Emmett's game, and I put a hit on you, and your crew's heads. I hoped to call him out of hiding, and to the rumor, I had. An Imperial shuttle had touched inside of the Ashren Resistance.

"I left for Thyferra immediately, and I would arrive to find only the smoldering fires of a memorial. I watched from the hilltop as your lover burned. I felt for you, and I came to Naboo to make amends. The Queen has granted me asylum, and in return, I would take my gifts and talents, and help restore peace to the galaxy."

Nico didn't mention she longed to embrace the man who had helped and spoken her over vast distances. She had never seen his scruffy face, or feel the lips against her cheeks. In the end, his death was a blessing. He died saving a race, and part of his deeds in league with Zend would be undone. "I will not return to Kuat. Not for a long time. I admit the cell your mother sentenced me too, helped me grow. I realized my full potential."
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, August 13th 2010 05:37pm    Post subject:

Tseneca felt her face burn, turned to the woman and In a still cold voice, said. "You truely are shameless. How dare you pretend to know me, or feel what I have felt. 'Petty but forgivable'?."

Nico met her gaze. "I don't wish to offend, only to tell the truth."

"Truth from you means nothing. You placed a hit on innocents to satisfy your own desires, and whats worse, killed in the process."

Nico was bitter. "Can you count on your fingers how many you've killed, or do you insist on playing angel yourself? and who are you to accuse me of selfishness? Would Emmett be dead if you hadn't insinuated rebellion to make up for how careless you were before?"

"You know nothing." Tseneca hissed. "Nothing about it, nothing at all."

"Be that as it may." Nico turned her attention pointedly from Tseneca to the rest of the group. "there is more pressing business to attend to here. The petty affairs of mercenaries and self proclaimed vigilantes. We have a common enemy now, one of which, as I'm certain you are aware, is headstrong and fairly unstoppable."

"I never had a mind for politics." Jonas mumbled and picked at the condensation building on his glass.

Nico favored him with a small thin lipped smile. "unavoidable now, im afraid."

Alex, im letting you take control of why Nico's here, i'm still not sure whats going on so i'll let you go and I'll try and keep up as best i can :)
 Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, August 13th 2010 09:19pm    Post subject:

Alisson detected the body language between Damian and Lucas, and knew there would be a confrontation later down the line. She did her best to prepare Lucas, without violating Damain's trust, and judging by the reactions, she had failed. Alisson kept her mouth shut in the duration of Nico's recounting of events. Vera didn't mention Alisson's involvement, and she was grateful. For the months Nico had been trapped inside the Kuati Prison, Alisson would visit her.

The air was damp, registering just above the human's lowest tolerance level. When in the proximity and casting of a lamp, her breath would fog and send a cloud in front of her. She hated it here, it reminded her of Ryan's repair chambers. Dark and void of organic life. Her heels clicked against walls, but as she entered the last checkpoint, vision was nearly lost. She could adjust, and see in the dark, but the humans around her, could not. And behind the thick sheet of glass and force field, rested Vera Nico.

For hours, Alisson would be with her. The majority of time, her sleep had been dominated by night terrors and strange squirms. Her programming forfeited the desire to comfort the woman, instead, just watching and wishing the organic female ease and peace.

Suddenly, Nico woke, and turned. Their eyes met, despite the complete and utter darkness. Spooked, Alisson turned and left.

It was on Coruscant, near the Galactic City Spaceport, Nico revealed she had felt her presence. Strange intuition.

Though Nico's story also omitted the truth behind Arlyn's motivations, and the reality of her escape. Alisson bit her tongue, knowing not to reveal such information. It was dangerous to Nico's persona. It would change everything. Alisson reached in front of her and picked a slice of toast with a fruit jelly smeared over the top half. Two chomps and the substance was inside of her stomach.

Nico was the next to speak.
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, August 13th 2010 09:27pm    Post subject:

"Unavoidable now, I'm afraid," She answered to Jonas Eisley. The boy was the cleanest of them all, without a single record, except registered to a vessel owned by Boots. A respected man, and collective do-gooder. Nico returned to the conversation at hand, letting the past settle back into dormant states.

"Zend's Empire is lethal and dangerous. They will cast of cloud of fear, and all under its spell, will be powerless to do anything about it. Faces like Han and Leia Solo, they'll be called back into action. Are they strong enough to resist? No doubt, but their bodies are not as young as they used to be. They'll need some help. This is a different war, and the times are shifting so new people must fill the slots. Your crew has had an interesting journey, and while lives have been lost, you've been rather fortunate."

"Yeah, well." Lucas breathed, rolling his eyes. He did that a lot, he enjoyed being sarcastic.

"I guess my purpose, actually, Your Majesty," Nico looked towards the Queen, "I think now is a good time for you to take the reigns."
 Back to top »
Kleiia Nappolian
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, August 14th 2010 12:09am    Post subject:

Right, Kleiia thought. The attention had been so dramatically on Vera, she had nearly forgot why she had them assembled here. Damian's brother seemed a loose cannon, and hardly fit to handle politics. Young and naive, and his explosive companion, Tseneca Lowry-Fink all the more. Then again, being poise was part of her job, and they weren't accustomed to meeting with figures, such as the bald woman before them. "Given your unique history with Nico, it is fortunate the tides have not been too rough. It appears both parties have survived unmaimed and alive. Any deaths were not a direct result of her, and likewise to you, Nico. We can abstain to hold a temporary cease-fire of sorts. With Zend's arrival, we have all been put on the same side."

The four guests shifted, at least they understood that single point. "Take into consideration that Nico's deeds are weighed into this, and quite frankly, I know of no other person in the galaxy, that can cause significant damage single-handily. Do you?" Once again, they were mute. Finally, they were making progress. "Since Zend's message, I have begun to mobilize. My people were responsible for producing Palpatine, and we will take actions to remove the last of his Empire." She paused, "Whatever actions deemed morally decent. This is war, and its time to set aside the petty," she used the word mentioned by Nico, "differences. We have to act united, or divided we will fall and generations succumb to her evil."

The Queen removed a padd, and read from it. "From this point on, Vera Nico, you have hereby been accepted into, and rewarded a standing position within the Brotherhood. I am your sole contact and only the people in this room, may know of its existence. Do you affirm to uphold complete and total secrecy, even under the bombardment of fear and interrogation?"

"I do."

The Queen turned to the guests, "This is a time of shifting alliances, and foes of the True Empire, are now friends of mine. We cannot win, if we destroy each other. Nico has a talent in destruction and assassination. We need to eliminate Zend's generals, and ultimately, Zend herself. No act of peace, no treaty could ever be tolerated. Worlds are forming, conferences will be set. The Brotherhood has invited you, Lucas Pallanen-Davad, Tseneca Lowry-Fink of Thyferra. Jonas Eisley and Alisson, you are also welcomed to know of its existence. You do not have to take a part, as we do not have one for you to play. But will you hold our secret?"

The Brotherhood is a loose coalition to remove Zend from power. A Council of Five exists, and they are considered "The Founders". The Queen is one of them. The remaining four will be revealed at a later time.

Their goal is simple: Kill Daara Zend and destabilize her Empire.

Resources will be pulled all over the galaxy, and different members will contribute in different ways. Lucas, Alisson, Jonas and Tseneca are a select few which know, but may never be called to serve. So yeah. Hope that makes sense!

A gungan will kill you, if you say no. :P

jkjk

The Brotherhood First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 16th 2010 11:58am    Post subject:

The impact of what the queen was saying hit her like their crashland on Iego, minus the dislocated shoulder.

Tseneca gaped, looking once at Lucas, then back at Queen Nappolian. She was outright declaring the Galaxy at war once again, and single handedly proposing another resistance. The brotherhood was a born again rebel alliance in the making, the Queen herself acting as its head. The only difference was the strength of Zends power, un-established as it was, versus the grounding the Republic and imperial remnant had on all parts of the Galaxy.

Tseneca's voice was low. "You can't expect us to come here, stumble upon initiation rights, and be held hostage to keeping it a secret if we refuse admittance."

"I fully expect that." Said the Queen, her voice cold. "The rules of this game are simple, Lady Lowry, and must be carefully considered if we are not to see you as a mutual threat."

Tseneca was, she would be the last to admit, beginning to panic a little. The weight of this was immense. There was more at stake here than blackmail. The Queen of Naboo not only had senatorial power, but a deference galaxy wide. To make enemies at this point would be the worst course of action. But the position in which they were being placed by this so called 'brotherhood' was less than and opportune one.

The Queen softened a little. "A decision at this point is not required. Sleep on it, rest, talk. But also, know that you will not leave this palace until a decision has been reached. Your silence in this matter is crucial, and if an alternative to negotiations needs to be reached that we shall do so."

Tseneca tensed. "Is that a threat?"

The queen straightened further. "It is... a diplomatic bargaining chip."

They knew they were dismissed, then. In order to stay the night in what now appeared to be a singularly gilded holding tank. Tseneca began to rise with the others, and Nico put a lithe hand on her arm, and with a voice under her breath said "Which level of denial are you choosing now, Little Sen?"

Tseneca removed her hand and left, without another word.

I think its obvious that Tseneca's going to join, she has to with Bacta once again at the mercy of the Empire, believing that history will repeat itself and the True Empire will try to seize power on Thyferra in a bloody way. That was what Nico was hinting at when she asked about denial and used Tseneca's childhood nickname.

As for the queen, I'm sorry if i made her sound cold, but i figured there's more at stake here for her what with the baby. I didn't speak for the other's because I wanted to see what they'd come up with. Let me know if anything should be changed
:D
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, August 16th 2010 02:02pm    Post subject:

You did awesome as usual!

Lucas watched Tseneca leave and rose from the table. He paused only for a moment to give Damian a glare, the two would certainly have a word later, but for now, he left. Jonas followed him out the doors, also not saying a word. Alisson no doubt wanted to hear the rest of the meeting, and he didn't care much what she did. If it was important, she'd inform him. He could hear Jonas' footsteps echoing behind him, but Lucas did not stop until they were in a vacant hallway, far from the balcony.

"Frak." He spat, and Jonas touched his shoulder slightly, as though to ease the shock of it all. "Naboo isn't really the face of rebellion any more, and hasn't been for a century. Now, with Zend riding in on super star destroyers, with laser technology and only the gods know what else, and she thinks Naboo can stop them with a crazed Nico and a handful of gungans?!" Lucas tried not to sound racist, but their stereotypical blunders carried the worry and disgust in his voice enough.

"Hey," Jonas breathed, he seemed to be taking this all too well, "I do not like it any more than you do, but she has a point. We need to choose the lesser of two evils, and honestly, we've seen first hand at what Nico can do. If we can point that cannon at Zend, and maybe, lose Nico in the process... two birds with one stone."

Lucas rolled his eyes, but smiled to give him a sense of accomplishment. He had lightened the mood, and it was enough to cool him down. Lucas thought about Damian, and how quiet he had been, just standing there. A mute puppy at the beck and call of a Queen. Kuat would be so proud.

"Come on, let's get out of here."

"She said-"

"I know, what she said." Lucas removed his lightsaber, "I don't think any one will stop me."
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, August 16th 2010 02:17pm    Post subject:

The afternoon sunlight pierced the windows and reflected the diverse architecture of the Naboo. It was nice to see something so different, than the usual Coruscanti design or Outer Rim slum. Jonas followed the Jedi out of the general palace rooms, and when several security officers stood in his way, the lightsaber shot open in a flash of blue. "Lucas." Jonas tried to reason with him, and could see the Kuati was shaking slightly. He could comprehend the level of betrayal he might've felt, having his brother support their homeworld's greatest criminal, but aggressively evading the Queen's demand would only make matters worse. Jonas closed his eyes, as though to think, trying to sum up a solution, but nothing came to mind. He didn't like the idea of being trapped here either.

Jonas moved close, and wrapped his hands around Lucas' waist. Whispering into his ear, "Don't. Be with me." The words were smooth, they were calming. The lightsaber lowered, and eventually, disappeared. Jonas lead him back into the Royal Palace, and where one of the handmaidens prepared a room. It was comfortable, perhaps one of the most exotic rooms he had ever seen in his life. Lucas sat near the window, staring off and didn't speak for the better part of an hour. Jonas rested on the bed, staring into a window across the ceiling. Birds would fly by in flocks, and clouds drifted in many fantastic shapes and sizes.

Jonas sighed, just when he thought he was going to have some time to relax, he had to consider the option Nico was playing them. Was she really the saint she was painting herself to be? It was incredible to be even considering the thought, but her story had checked out. But destroying billion-credit buildings, and slaughtering all the politicians and thugs... did that make it right? Jonas sucked in the air, he had no idea, but for now, it didn't matter.

A Brotherhood had formed, and once again, the fate of the galaxy would be decided behind a veil of secrecy.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 16th 2010 04:47pm    Post subject:

Tseneca washed her face, and placed a cool towel on her neck, safe and alone in her chamber at the palace.

It was evening now, and it was taking her a little longer to register not only the fact that they were now stuck in the palace, debted to make a descision about pledging their loyalty to a fledgling resistance group, but also the fact that she'd thrown up again, twice, in the last few hours.

It had to be a flu, right? a bug she'd caught on Thyferra? Or a dormant one from the planet before...

Which level of denial are you choosing now, Little Sen

She shook her head and placed her hand on her stomach, then looked in the mirror. If she was seeking some level of denial, there was no way of hiding it past her now proactive gag-reflex, the fact that she hadn't eaten since yesterday, or had missed her bleeding time by a week.

She reached for a cup and filled it with water from the sink. She'd wait, that was all. Just a few more weeks to be sure. But then what?

The comm channel opened.

Tseneca. Hail from the Escrow SAMM's voice came over the patch.

"Put it through."

The channel cleared as the AI pushed the ships feed to her portable.

"You there, Mesh'la?" Sethe's voice came over the slight static interference.

"I'm here." She couldn't help but smile in spite of herself. "I assume you finished the job with Jelahan?"

"Badim... well, something like that. He's not with us though, took a flight out of Mantel to Shadda."

"What!?" Tseneca jolted. "You left him!?"

Sethe's voice was serene. "calm down, calm down. I have a feeling this isn't the last we'll hear of him. And what would I have done to stop him?" There was a pause. "Anyway, he wouldn't have listened. But we've just dropped out of hyperspace now, can you get clearance for us coming in?"

That was a tricky thing. She thought. Invite more people into this mess, then just the four of them?

"Request clearance from the B hanger near Theed. Thats where the Leaper's settled. SAMM has coordinates you can match with, and the five-star on the first city block has rooms under Lucas's name... I'll have him send permission forms so you can stay there. We can't leave the palace."

Another pause. "Why can't you leave the palace?"

"We've run into some... complications. I can't really discuss it right now. I'll request permission from the Queen to have you and the others meet us here, but thats all I can do right now..."

Another pause, and static. "Tseneca. What is it your not telling me...?"

She put her fingers to the bridge of her nose, where a headache was building. "A whole lot." She muttered. "But there's nothing I can do about that right now..."

"Its alright, we'll be landing soon, keep me posted." Sethe cut the comm.

Tseneca sighed, and flopped backwards onto the bed, she looked down and pressed her hand to her stomach, hoping, praying... as much as she could pray to an unnamed god.

What level of denial are you choosing now little Sen?
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, August 17th 2010 01:50am    Post subject:

Sara and the others stepped off The Escrow and into the clean smelling air of Naboo. She left her weapons behind, as with everyone as a precaution. Though Kyp kept his lightsaber on his belt, Jedi and all. Dex and Firi exited last, they kept a curious glance and amused, joyful smirks at each other. But she could see a glow with Firi as they walked closely together. Sara wondered if a…Badim and Clare moment had happened between the two during the hyperspace ride over here. She wouldn’t be surprised if they did, seeing an obvious connection.
They seemed to radiate their feelings too, though it could have been Firi literally radiating it.

She turned back to the path in front of her, following Sethe as he led them to an illustrious hotel that Lucas had rented rooms from his family’s vast wealth. Sethe seemed disturbed, slightly, as he walked. He rubbed the stubble on his chin, deep in thought. He’d seen something on Ord Mantell, in the prison block of Jelahan’s base. She’d hardly known Sethe, but she knew well enough that he didn’t go into deep trances like he was in often, or at least from what she’s seen of the man so far.

The hotel appeared to them, and they were quickly granted entrance after Sethe told them they were expected by Lucas, and quickly filled out a set of permission forms, as with everyone else.

Sara tossed her things in her room, wonderfully, Lucas had purchased an extra room or two so everyone could have their own suite, aside from Firi and Dex of course. Sara quickly moved over to the kitchen and rummaged through the fully stocked cabinets and grabbed a snack. Just a bag of Dolo chips, something she hadn’t expected an illustrious hotel to even look at, and--Muja Fruit juice?
She just about died right there. She hadn’t had Muja juice since her childhood, almost forgetting about it’s existence after parents… She sighed loudly, but refrained from tears. She filled a glass with it and left for the balcony, the bag of chips carelessly in hand as she looked on the city of Theed. She sat slowly, closed her eyes and breathed in the soft, cool evening air. She felt around her neck, carefully grasping her locket and reopening her eyes after a satisfying Click.

She smiled softly, her gaze falling on the locket she hadn’t opened in five years, situations prohibiting her from even glancing at it until now. She saw herself, wrapped in the arms of her parents. She had her mother’s green eyes and personality, and her father’s red hair and hastiness. There were so many great things about her parents she could only reminisce about now, having passed away eight years ago. The photo was taken by Shawn in front of a mural of some open plain, which Naboo reminded her heavily of. Before she knew it, she reached into the bag to find nothing but bits of broken chips behind, and her glass empty.

She stood, disposed of the empty bag and carefully placed the empty glass in the room’s sink. She had already showered on The Escrow a hour before it came out of hyperspace, and all she wanted to do now was sleep, and tossed herself in her bed, but grunted as she forgot to turn the lights out. She was about to get up, when the lights quickly flicked off. She looked around in the darkness and chuckled, “Didn’t know this place had automatic lights.”

She resolved that there must have been a pressure sensor in the mattress, though it seemed silly. Some people could be reading a book or watching a holo-show with the lights suddenly turn off on them. She shrugged and rolled in her bed, quickly dosing off.

Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Kleiia Nappolian
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 17th 2010 04:24am    Post subject:

The night's air was one of her favorite sensations. It was cold, and the aroma could never be duplicated. Kleiia knew she had played hard ball with Damian's brother and his accompanied guests. Vera Nico was a necessity, if the Brotherhood was to make heads-way against Zend, they'd need to keep Nico in check. The crew of the Blight Leaper, specifically, Lucas, Tseneca and Jonas were the closest thing Nico had to rivals. The team had been nearly successful in prior attempts, and for now, that would balance the offset by having Nico become such an integral and core foundation to their movement.

Kleiia knew the next priority would be to find the enemies of the Brotherhood and call them into the open. Any world or system that was actively pursuing diplomatic relations with the True Empire, needed a firm
"second thought". Swiftly, and effectively. Life wasn't about making soft choices or relying on morals to victory in a time of war.

Life was simpler a week ago, when the galaxy was at peace, and when she thought her womb to be empty. If she was going to bring a child, it would not be under the Grand Admiral's reign of tyranny. Kleiia watched Damian enter their private chambers, he had failed to talk to Lucas, she didn't have to ask him to know. He was angry, but she got the feeling his emotions were shifted against her. "Have I done something to dissatisfy you?"

Damian's cold glance grabbed her. "You think?" It was possibly the rudest thing he had ever said to her. "You put Nico and my brother in the same room, without any kind of courtesy notification. Gods, Kleiia, you know how I looked in there?!" Kleiia knew full well. He looked calm and collected, despite his minor outbreaks. He was forming into the perfect executioner. He acted brilliantly, and played perfectly into her plans. Lucas and the Thyferran's bacta tycooon, recently dubbed of course, had joined her cause. Their official acceptance had not be required, she knew they had no alternative.

"Damian," Kleiia tried to remain calm, but her mind had shifted so greatly in the past few days, she had seen herself evolve into a different person. One with cold calculations, and beseeching the people she loved as mere pawns in a galactic game of chess. "We needed to send a strong message, and we did that, together. Nico took my offer, because of you. She was able to see a loyal son of Kuat honor my bargain. It went a long way."

She wrapped her hands around his torso, she could feel the tension in his body, pulsing through each muscle. Kleiia breathed onto his neck, this was his greatest weakness. He loved her, and she could count on this pulling him through. "Just trust me," She whispered. It was all she needed to say, and the argument was over.
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, August 17th 2010 11:13am    Post subject:

Sethe left the hotel, even as the sun set. So Tseneca couldn't talk there, fine. But there were outskirts and courtyards easy enough to meet. He hoped.

Rondevoux at a waypoint in the gardens below the palace. That was easy enough. They were public gardens, an arboretum open to visitors, closed after sundown, but if she could do her part to get there, he could definiitely do his.

He scaled the wrought iron gate, pulling himself up and over in the light of the whole and half moons that shone through the darkness. The stars were making an appearance through the dense trees he now found himself in.

He waited, quietly for about five minutes, then heard a twig snap.

"Not very subtle." He said in a low voice.

"yeah, well I left my dainty grace back in the palace." Tseneca emerged from the shadows, her dark hair shaken back from her face, the opalescent glow of the moons lighting up her eyes as she came closer. He stood still, the sudden and powerful urge to kiss her taking him like a revved up pod engine. He silenced it.

"What's going on Mesh'la?" he asked, still keeping his voice low.

She took his hand and pulled him deeper into the arboretum, afraid they would be overheard. They found a small thicket that looked more private, less tended by gardeners cutting corners.

"Queen Nappolion has recruited Vera Nico to join a resistance group against Zend's True Empire. She believes there's a war emminent and is asking us to join in confidence."

Sethe looked at her in disbelief. "A secreted rebellion lead by a major senatorial power? The Queen's risking an aweful lot by that..."

Tseneca shook her head. "Its what my father had planned, before the time of Issard's invasion. I believe it was already halfway off the ground. Nevertheless, thats why I couldn't meet you under better circumstances, we're being held in the palace until we commit to the operation."

"And if you refuse?" Sethe asked.

"I... don't think we can refuse..." Tseneca looked at her feet.

"Sounds like you've already made a descision." Sethe grunted.

Tseneca looked at him sharply. "If a war is really emminent, does it matter who fights the resistance? If its Vera Nico or Leia Organa, what does it matter as long as there is a rebellion against hostile takeover. A group like the Brotherhood would have saved my family from destruction twenty years ago, a group like this can help us now... Trust me, I've put a lot of thought into it."

Sethe exhaled. "As long as you know what your getting yourself into. I have something else I need to tell you. When we were infiltrating Jelahan's fortress, I saw footage on the security cameras." He took a breath. "Tseneca, Clare's alive."

She looked shocked. "What!? Why didn't you tell Badim?"

"He left before I had a chance.... and would he have listened? the rate he was going."

"He's going to get himself killed over a ghost of someone whose not dead. We have to warn him--" Tseneca looked frantic.

"There's no way of reaching him, I tried." Sethe put a hand on her arm. "We'll just have to hope for the best."

They were quiet for a while, Tseneca picking apart dried leave that had fallen as a sign of Naboo's early autumn.

She broke the silence. "I can't stay long... with Nico in the palace, she'll notice if one of us is gone."

"What about Lucas?"

She sighed. "Somewhere in there. He's got Jonas for company." She chuckled. "Honestly, I'm feeling a little third wheel."

More silence. Then, "I'm glad you came back Sethe." She said it in such a small voice. He reached forward and took one of the dried leaves she was picking at, plucking it from her fingers in a teasing way.

"What are friends for?" He straightend up. "Get going. Once you agree to the bargain, you'll be able to meet back up with us. Firi's looking forward to seeing you, so's Sara."

"Right." She turned to go. Then stopped, as if she'd heard a noise or a rustle. Then she darted to one of the bushes and was sick over the edge of its planter.

Sethe rushed over, not just a little concerned. "whoa-- hey what...?" He pulled her hair back off her face while she finished. He helped her straighten and she wiped the edge of her mouth with her sleeve.

She looked at him, embarrassed, and for the first time he saw an edge of anxiety in her bright eyes.

"Thats... another thing." She said in a small voice. "I think I'm pregnant."
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, August 17th 2010 11:29am    Post subject:

Sethe looked at her, eyes wide. He stuttered.

"You—you think you're pregnant?"

She raised her hands a little, still shaky from the latest upheaval of her guts. "It would seem. I've been sick as a sleemo since we left Thyferra... among other things."

His face was stone still. "It couldn't just be, you know, the flu?"

She gave him a look.

He shrugged. "Well, I don't know!" He paused, silence taking them again, uncomfortable and almost loud with the gravity of the situation. Sethe spoke again, after a moment. "It's Emmett's?"

She exhaled, looking off into the woods, as if taken by some other thought. "It is."

He took a breath. "No one else knows?"

She nodded. "I didn't want to say anything until I was sure. I'm pretty sure now..."

Another pause, then he said in a voice barely audible. "Are you going to keep it?"

She met his gaze again, sharp. "Don't ask stupid questions." She snapped.

He put his hands palms up in mock surrender. "It had to be asked". A slow smile crossed his lips. She looked at him, and despite herself couldn't help but smile a little also. Despite everything, galactic upheaval, death, vigilantes, wayward gangs of mercenaries though they were, she was having a baby. She was having Emmett's baby. She rested her hand on her still flat stomach.

Sethe gave a little laugh. "This is a good thing." He held out his hand, and, a bit tentatively as most offers of friendship were to her, she took it.

"It certainly is."
 Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 17th 2010 02:14pm    Post subject:

The meeting had been relatively uneventful after Lucas, Jonas and Tseneca parted. The Queen finalized deal and options with Nico, before dismissing her. A target had not yet been assigned, and the vigilante was to wait to be called into service. Alisson paused only to speak with Damian, "Your brother cares more about this than displayed. Though surprising him with Nico was not," She hesitated for the right word, "Cool."

"I know," Damian ran his fingers, fixing a stray hair, before acknowledging she was right. "I did not expect him here and now, though Kleiia was thrilled." Alisson took note of the woman. The Queen was different than the last time she was here, she was physically more plump, but her attitude was much more... violent. Zend's message had its way across the galaxy, and it seemed people really did change over night. Fear stirred the strangest personas.

"Be careful, Damian." Alisson embraced him, just as the watchful eyes of the Naboo royalty fell on them. "You're a long ways from home. Don't lose yourself in this. He squeezed her, and she remembered a date not quite seven years ago. Damian was a teenager, and the most rebellious out of the Pallanen-Davad children. He had picked the wrong group of friends, and one day, came home completely drunk and loaded with spice. His life was much more fragile, with his emotional detachment. He was in fights and considered a bully to many of the younger children at his academy. She had said the same thing to him then, You're a long ways from home. Don't lose yourself in this. The words had taken a toll, and the next day, he had changed. He dropped his friends, and his attitude almost inverted. He was positive and kind, but most of all, a different boy. One that Alisson grew to love and care for much more than before.

Alisson left the confines of the balcony, night was beginning to cast itself across Theed. Nico was just tracing along the corner of the corridor, and judging by her trajectory, she was heading for the Khan. "Nico." Alisson called to the bald woman. The boots stopped, and as Alisson crossed the distance, she met the barrel of a blaster, finger on trigger.

"You tried to throw me off a roof, the last time we met." Nico hissed.

"Things were a little different, and you were trying to manipulate me."

"I wasn't trying, and I was only telling you the truth. You deserve a little better than babysitter duty, Alisson. You are a clever girl, aren't you? Can you see what is happening in there?" Alisson could remove the blaster from Nico's hands before the trigger finger pulled the nob, but she waited and listened. "The Queen believes she is pulling together the perfect Brotherhood. She needs me, and who does she need to keep an eye on me? Well the crew that so happens to have followed me across the galaxy and back again."

She had a point.

"If words gets out, she's going to need a protector. And who better than the finest swordsman of his class in the Order? She is using him, even I can see that." Nico raised her eyebrow, "You're a fool to believe everything she says. I've seen and studied many politicians, and she is barely better than the rest of them. She is skirting a fine line." Nico stepped forward, the cool metal of the blaster now resting on Alisson's temple. "But then again, on the flip side of this maniac-plan, we have Grand Admiral Zend. I want nothing more than to put her head on a platter and serve it Alderaanian termites. We may be on the same side, for now, but it won't always be like this, Alisson."

"It doesn't have to end in bloodshed between our groups." Alisson could hear the footsteps of something, but judging by the deep resonating sounds, it was Nico's pet barabel. And sure enough, the lizard snaked around the corner and plopped its blaster into the back of Alisson's head. She remained conscious, the HRD skull was a little thicker than the human average. Long enough to watch Nico bend down, remove a strand of hair from Alisson's face, and part it to the side as though an affectionate friend just trying to help out.

"Bloodshed can be avoided, I think. We'll just have to wait and see." She turned abruptly, and disappeared around the corner. A handmaiden gasped and rushed over, as Alisson picked herself off the floor. "Are you all right?!"

"Yes," Was all Alisson gave her, and left.
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 17th 2010 03:21pm    Post subject:

There was a final contact she needed to meet with before she could leave Naboo. For a while, an underground movement, a very small group of about thirteen gungans, were planning to assassinate the Queen of Naboo. Nico crossed the gardens, something rustled, and she heard voices. One was Tseneca, another she could not place. Suddenly, vomiting. Tseneca was ill, Nico scoffed, she deserved it. But, before she could continue, she paused and listened.

In a small voice, "Thats another thing... I think I'm pregnant." Nico nearly did a double take. Even though the brush had separated them, Nico could not help but feel a cold rush of pain enter her body. She wanted to be close to Emmett. After all those months of intelligence. Her eyes turned to daggers, she wanted to terminate the baby, but felt the ping of her conscience. It wasn't right.

"This is a good thing" The man had told Tseneca. Vera strolled out of the garden, letting the two fetch emotion and sway the troubled life Tseneca would no doubt have ahead of her. Emmett sounded as nothing more than a donor, and her heartless attitude would end. The bloodline of Fink would live on, and eventually, Nico would instruct the child as though her own. But for now, let the child be carried in the rat's womb.

The streets of Theed were vacant, most of the workers and city-folk retired to a warm fire and homely stories to their children. Nico found the designated alley way, the cloaked gungan emerging. "Niccco. Its an honor. Mesa so happy!" The pain from Tseneca's revelation brought her blaster faster than her usual rate, and silenced shots impacted the gungan's knee caps. The amphibian screamed in horror, but Sabr locked his powerful arms around its mouth.

"Listen, and listen good, gungan. The plot to assassinate the Queen is over. Seems like she's a smarter gal than I originally thought. Did you plant the device?"

Its head bounced up and down. "Good. I know your people have killed several handmaidens to get your girl in place, but I can tell you right now, I already killed her." Nico removed a lock of blond hair and tossed it at the gungan's feet. She took a mental picture of the squirming fear spreading throughout its body, before unloading a good portion of her blaster into his body. As the chamber clicked, she turned on her heels and entered the pub with the remaining twelve.

It was a massacre.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, August 18th 2010 11:19am    Post subject:

Sethe left her at the walkway leading up to the palace.

"We'll put in our response tomorrow, then we're free to leave the palace."

"Are we in a rush?" Sethe asked. Tseneca couldn't help but smile a little. His use of "we" was proactive. It meant he wanted to be part of the team. That was fine by her.

"Not that I know of, but Lucas is looking antsy, like he wants to get off planet. probably has something to do with he and his brother occupying the same space for to long."

Sethe nodded, then looked at her. "You going to be okay?"

"now that Im certain i'm not dying from some disease, I will be."

He nodded again. "i'll be in touch. Goodnight, Mesh'la" He slipped off into the woods.

Tseneca snuck back into the palace using the serving area closest to the arboretum. Just as she was, exhaustively approaching her door, a figure came out of the shadows.

"Where have you been?" Lucas's voice was irritated. She jumped a mile out of her skin.

"Sith on a stick, Lucas, you scared the daylights out of me!" She budged her door open and pulled him inside.

"Good! I came here and hour ago and you were gone. So's Nico, I thought you were lost in a firefight somewhere... and I'd find you dead in a ditch come morning."

Tseneca smiled a little and rolled her eyes, taking a seat on her bed. "What are you, my mother?"

He still looked cross. "That was foolish, though."

"I was meeting Sethe, they landed earlier this evening. Where's Jonas?"

Lucas blushed a little. "Asleep. I wanted to check with you about this mornings meeting--"

"I think we should do it." She interrupted. "Even with Nico on board, what threat does she pose that she didn't already. Whats she going to do, place a second bounty on our heads? She has nothing on us. If Queen Nappolian wants to station a coup then we should support her. Its a worse comes to worse scenario."

"Thats what I'm afraid of." He sat besides her. "you have the cartel under your control after signing a regent. The to prodigal son's of Kuat join an in-ops rebellion and where does that leave my mother and her corporation? One wrong step and diplomatically, we're screwed."

She pressed him. "Then maybe its time to talk to Damian, don't you think?"

He was quiet for a minute. "maybe it is. Once this is over the four of us plus the others can get off world and as far away as we can."

"Five." She said, softly.

"Five of us. Wait, what? Five?" Lucas gave her a questioning glance.

Tseneca took his hand and placed it on her stomach. "Awfully slow for a Jediboy..."

Lucas furrowed his brow, confused, then after a moment his face lit up like a firecracker as he felt the tiny lifeform building inside her, little bigger than an embryo.

"What--" a grin spread over his face. "Whe --how --whoa!" At a loss for words, he pulled her forward int a massive hug. Then "What are you going to name her?"

Tseneca laughed. "Her? and a name already? Thats moving a little fast don't you think?"

He was on his feet. "I'm just trying to be optimistic. Oh, what if its a boy, then what will you name it? We can turn one of the rooms on the Leaper into a nursery, with a crib and everything... I can have my mother set out some of my old toys, and--"

"Lucas." Tseneca was laughing outright now. "Lucas, stop. Lets just... take it one day at a time, alright?"

"Pre-natal vitamins." he was counting on his hand. "and monthly check ups. And---"

"Lucas!"

He stopped, a silly smile on his face. then raised his hands up. "Your right, one day at a time." He leaned forward and kissed her on the cheek. "Get some sleep, we'll talk to the queen tomorrow about getting out of here." He moved to the door, a fistfull of energy. "See you in the morning!"

It shut behind him, leaving her in a contented quiet. She pulled the sheets down, slid out of her clothes and into bed. She sighed, and let her mind drift as the deeper part of the night came in.

Though she still felt the pain of loosing the man she loved, there was something so wonderful beginning now, what better way to remember him. Somehow she knew he was watching over her, and slept soundly content in that knowledge.
 Back to top »
Kleiia Nappolian
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, August 18th 2010 02:53pm    Post subject:

It was a fresh morning, and a dark one at that. One of her handmaidens had been brutally killed, and no more than two miles from where she was standing, had a room full of gungans been slaughtered. Kleiia applied a fresh coat of makeup, as several of her aides dipped brushes into black and blue, creating fantastic designs over her face. Damian emerged, dismissing the help, and once they were gone, he began. "It was Nico." Kleiia knew this, the woman had spoke of an assassination plot.

"I know." Kleiia cast a dark look into his face, "The Looai Gungan Tribe, a small group consisting of thirteen, planned to terminate my reign, with a blond handmaiden. The woman tried to poison us, yesterday at the banquet with your brother. If it weren't for her, we'd all be dead." Kleiia took a sip of her tea cup. The herbal remedy was refreshing, and she could feel it hit the bottom of her belly. Dark circles fell around Damian's face. She anticipated this, "Don't worry, babe."

"No, I should've known."

Kleiia used this to push him, to motivate him. "It's all right, you cannot stop everything. Soon, you'll be on top of things. We were lucky, this time around. We need to secure the Palace, a set number of staff, and triple the guard. It doesn't have to be seen, employ them in shops nearby. The local cantina and pubs. We will create three new space ports, and all traffic will be funnelled and double-checked by patrols." Life was going to be interesting, and it was time to lock Naboo down. Future plots against her life were inevitable, especially if news of the Brotherhood got out. "The Brotherhood is building a space station in deep space. In the event the planet is invaded, we will need to have my people ready."

Damian set her hands on her, "They will be ready, I promise you."

"Good. I'm calling a meeting with the town's elders and politicians from across the planet. I've invited Umgal to participate as well. I need everyone behind me. But it will not be easy to persuade them..." Her voice travelled, reminded of an invite not yet complete, "Call the crew of the Blight Leaper. We need to get them into the fold, before the day is too late." Damian kissed her cheek, careful not to smudge the delicate painting, and swooshed out of the door.

Kleiia added a small red dot below her eyes. It was to signify blood-tears, a result of war.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, August 18th 2010 03:26pm    Post subject:

Even the showers at the Palace were exquisite. Water dropped from the shower's ceiling, as though it were a rainy day. It was warm, comfortable. Lucas leaned against the wall, letting the warm liquid comfort his torso, the night's long rest had rejuvenated him, and the shower was like icing to the perfectly baked cake. In a surprise, he felt arms wrap around him. It was slippery, and by the muscles of the forearm and biceps, he immediately identified Jonas. He wasn't sure how to explain the news he had just heard from Tseneca.

"You're up?" Lucas laughed, the way his hands moved up and down his chest, made him squirm. He turned to face the Nal Hutta born, and did a double take, throwing himself on the shower's floor. It was Jonas Eisley, just in a terrible state. His eyes were loose from the sockets, his skin was dead and peeling, revealing rotting organs. His lips were raw as though chewed off, his tongue flushed a black color. There was something else there, darkness. He could feel something overcome his body, like he wasn't alone. He opened his mouth to scream, but nothing came out. It was like air had suddenly disappeared in the room.

The royal fresher had disappeared, and he was on Kuat. His body flipped and turned like a fish plucked from the ocean. The clouds were thundering black, and Kuat City burned under hails of missiles. Flesh and corpse were abundantly sprawled out as far as the eye could see, save one. His mother was standing across the sea of remains, shrieking hysterically. He called out to her, but the scene changed. He was on Coruscant, and the buildings were gone. Long posters of Zend were sprawled over the populace, and trillions chanted and marched to her name.

Suddenly, he was back in the shower, sweat and water mingled as one as he looked up. Jonas shifted, his face was normal, but the darkness was still there. Who ever this was, it wasn't the Eisley he knew and cared for. "Who are you!" Lucas spat, clutching his throat.

"Lucas Pallanén-Davad," the voice stirred his insides, he vomited instantly and collapsed into it. He had no control, he could only listen, "One day we will meet," Jonas' image closed in on him, and kissed him on the cheek, it burned and felt like his face was on fire. Jonas lifted his hand, and used a finger nail to scrape something into Lucas' arm, just below his shoulder. The Jedi mumbled out words, attempting to vent the pain in any way he could. "You will kneel before me. Until that day, join the Brotherhood. Fight."

The ghost-image reached forward, piercing what he felt was his skin, and gripped his heart. It was the most painful experience he had ever had. He shook violently, and all went black.

There was a knock on the door, as Lucas opened his eyes. The water had turned cold, his entire body was numb as he suddenly came to. "Lucas, you okay in there? You've been in there for almost an hour... maybe longer. Why did you lock the door?"

Lucas shuffled, just enough to turn the water to a higher temperature. His body heaved and shook, the warm embrace was the best thing, when all he had was the nightmare returning to his memory. When his hand returned to his side, he noticed flesh and blood beneath his index fingernail. He scrambled out of the shower, and to a nearby mirror.

He had carved SITH into his body.

The Dark Lady of the Sith First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, August 18th 2010 05:01pm    Post subject:

Sethe had gone back into hotel. It was still the dark of the deepest part of the night, where very little people were out and about, but by the time he had gotten back to his room, he could see shades of orange and rosy pinks lighting the pre-sunrise skies.

He stripped his shirt off and grabbed a new one from his pack, then went half dressed into the 'fresher to shave.

He ran the tap and got to lathering looking at himself in the mirror while thinking about everything. He slid the razor along his jawline, carefull around the edges, making it clean without nicking himself.

Tseneca was pregnant with Emmetts child. What a better way to honor his memory than to have his baby. It spoke of romance the whole thing. They'd been separated for what, twenty years? and then one night conceives a child to take after him even after his death.

She was hiding how unnerved she was. the woman could take down a rancor but raising a child was something completely different. He had made her feel better, he knew, but even he had his doubts at how well she would be able to handle a baby alone.

Not alone, the youngling would be raised by an entire crew. But no father. No father.

His reflection met his gaze. His brow was furrowed, even as the thought spread itself through his mind. Maybe he could...

No. That was not the right thing to think about. He splashed his face with cold water, and dried it with a towel. He couldn't impose himself on Tseneca. Even as attracted to her as he was, he wouldn't be able to offer a position to help her raise the child, not so soon after Emmett's death. It was an excersise in running headlong into her resiliance and stubbornness. The think he admired about her the most was her independence, and he couldn't crush that...

he bit his cheek. But he would take it upon himself to keep after the Blight Leaper, it was more then the least he could do for Emmett.

There was a knocking at the door.

"Yeah?" he answered, rubbing his face with the towel.

Sara stood there as he opened it. "Oh." she blushed at his state of undress. "Am i interrupting..."

He shook his head and let her pass. She came in and looked around. he gave her a second then, "Was there something you needed?" He tried not to sound unkind, but it might have come out harsher then she's expected.

"Just wondering if we were meeting up with the others."

He pulled his clean shirt on, tossing the towel near the door. "This evening, at the latest. It seems they have some unfinished business to attend to. In the meantime, we should enjoy ourselves."

Sara flipped her hair back coquettishly. "There's a breakfast being served downstairs." She said in a small voice. "If you'd like to go."

Sethe groaned internally. This girl was going to be trouble. he went and held the door for her. "Actually, i was going to get some sleep. I'll be down in a few hours." He gave her a smile so as to soften his decline of her offer.

She walked toward the door. "Alright... see you then." She swept out of the room.

Sethe went in and reclined on the bed. only when he was falling asleep did it occur to him that neither of them had closed the door, it had slid shut on its own accord.

Carn, let me know if this is okay
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, August 18th 2010 05:04pm    Post subject:

She heard the door to Sethe’s room shut behind her, stopped for a moment and stared at it. She shrugged her shoulders and continued on. Her mind must have been playing tricks on her. Truth be told. Despite the luxurious bed she slept in, she had had a horrible night. Sara was constantly waking up after a fevered dream, her body covered in sweat, making her sluggishly walk to the refresher and dry herself off, only to repeat the process a total of three times during the night. She rubbed her eyes to try and bring up some energy, but let out a long yawn as she paced down the stairs, following the amazing smells of a Five Star Breakfast set for all of the guests. Something that smelled like cinnamon entered her nose and made her pick up her pace.

She entered what seemed like a dining hall, decorated in the normal Naboo art style and architecture. She saw Firi and Dex sitting across from each other at a table by themselves eating their own breakfast, Jaira and Kyp each having separate tables and eating as well. Sara walked to the buffet and grabbed a large spoonful of eggs, some pieces of bacon, a single cinnamon role glazed with icing and, of course, a glass of Muja Juice.
She carried her tray to a separate table, feeling too tired to have a conversation with anyone right now. She set her tray and glass down, grimacing as her stomach cramped in what she assumed was hunger. She did only have a bag of Dolo chips the night before, and was starving.

Though, she didn’t feel like eating right now, but knew she was just hungry and spooned the eggs in her mouth, mixed with a sip of juice. As she chewed, she looked down on her plate and closed her eyes, enjoying the tastes in her mouth and letting her eyes gain a few seconds of rest while they could.
She placed her fork down and grabbed a slice of bacon with her fingertips, letting the flat, crunchy strip enter her mouth and disappear.

She heard Firi laugh at a joke Dex was telling, then the two continued in muted discussions. Sara opened her eyes and saw Firi gaze at Dex, Dex returning the gaze as they both chatted, not tearing their eyes from each other. Something Sara had seen with Badim and Clare after their first night, even before their night together, she saw the love between them form, and fall apart after Clare’s death. She shook her head and frowned, digging back into her food slowly.
She caught Kyp catch a glimpse of her from the table he was at, then the same probing feeling from Ord Mantell entered her mind. She pushed her food away from her and stood, briskly storming out and into the fresh, morning air of Naboo.
The probing feeling slowly went away after she broke eye contact, but it still lingered for a long while until it finally disappeared after five or so minutes.

She breathed easily now, gazing at the world around her, almost feeling the life around her. She dismissed the thought, leaned against the rails that decorated the hotel and let her mind wander as the smell of the nature and life entered her nose and was exhaled with pleasant sighs.

She was still worried about Badim, but she couldn’t have stopped him, no matter how much she pleaded. He had to find his own way, and like with Jonas and Lucas, accepted and respected the decision.

Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, August 20th 2010 02:38am    Post subject:

Jonas knocked on the door. The shower was running since Jonas first opened his eyes, and that was almost over an hour ago. It could've been running all night. He knocked again, he heard a shuffle of the shower, and fresh wave of steam emerge from under the door. Something was wrong. Jonas raised his voice, and still, there wasn't an answer. Leaning his shoulder, Jonas busted through to find Lucas wrapping something around the top part of his arm. It looked slightly bloody, but the soiled bandages disappeared as he continued to wrap around it.

He was shaking, and Jonas approached cautiously. "What the hell?" He tried to sound affectionate.

"I slipped and cut myself. No big deal, really." Lucas was usually great at telling a lie, but this was different. It was as though he wanted to be believed, and the undertone of fear was unmistakable. Jonas shifted uncomfortably, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. His fingers moved to rub his back, only to find his body cold as Hoth.

"Holy shit," Jonas wrapped a bunch of towels, and ran to the temperature meter, cranking it up to the max. Lucas curled under the bed's sheets, as Jonas flagged one of the handmaidens down. "Get me a lot of hot, hot tea." The woman nodded, though Jonas noticed she was crying. "What's the matter?"

"Alialla, is...is...dead." The woman spoke, and broke into a stutter. Jonas was confused at who this woman was, but knew that Lucas required the warmth the liquid would provide.

"Listen, I know this is a hard time. But, please. My friend is extremely sick... no no, we don't need a doctor. Just some tea. Can you tell me where it is?"

"The kitchen is down stairs, just follow the smell of breakfast." The handmaiden rushed off, and Jonas ignored her. Whatever.

Jonas popped his head back in, "I'll be right back."

The kitchen was a-buzz with personnel, and Jonas didn't mind the small distraction of the many outfits. He juggled a nmassive tea pot, and large glass. The cook had given him a strange weed from the gungan oceans, promising swift results. Chopping the substance into the tea, he handed a cup to Lucas, and sure enough, within minutes, color began to flush his face. "You scared me," Jonas breathed, refilling the cup.

"Sorry, I feel asleep, and you startled me..." He pointed to his arm, "Then I slipped and cut myself."

Jonas nodded, making sure he drank the last of the drops, before pouring him a third round. "While I was in the kitchen, the Queen wants us within the hour. Sounds like we are pledging silence or loyalty?" Lucas nodded, though there was hesitation.

"I don't really have a choice, do I?" He asked rhetorically. Jonas removed the majority of his clothes and changed into something laid out by the staff. It wasn't exactly his style, a little snug in the wrong places, but worked nonetheless. After helping Lucas dress with the wound on his arm, they headed out to meet Tseneca. They stopped in front of her room, and just before Lucas knocked he said, "By the way, she's pregnant. Emmett is the father."

Alialla is the handmaiden who was planted by the gungan assasin group. Most of the staff were friends (the Queen has opted not to inform of Nico's involvement), and that will just taking place in the background of our posts. Go ahead and post our pledge or deal with the Queen, just leave Damian absent for now. Or just have him silent... hmmm...you decide!)
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Naboo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: