Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Naboo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Naboo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, October 15th 2011 02:32pm    Post subject:

Lucas used the Force to knock the Naboo guards unconscious by colliding their heads into the wall. "Damian," He dropped next to Sara and put his ear next to her heart. "She's alive." He looked at him, "She didn't do any of this.... she was controlled, under some kind of illusion spell by Lumiya."

"Lumiya?" Damian said, his interest sliding slightly, "Dark Lady Lumiya of the Sith."

"I see she has been in touch with you as well." Lucas smirked, "She just never gives up, does she?"

Damian looked at him, "Look, just get her out of here. We'll have to tell Kleiia." He paused, "I'll have to tell her. I don't think she's going to like the fact that I helped someone who killed all these people get away... but she doesn't understand the Sith, at least I can't be sure."

Lucas scooped Sara into his arms. Damian took the woman's lightsaber and opened it up, taking the red power energy crystal. "I'll send this to my Master for investigation, we might be able to determine its origin." Lucas nodded, a little perplexed at why Damian wanted to be so involved. He walked down the stairs, passing many guards as they rushed up. He heard Damian shout to them, "The assassin is on the roof, men!"

Lucas used one of the Naboo's blue speeders, laying the woman across the back seat while hooking his long-range communication device. "SAMM, I think its time you enter orbit." He flipped on the accelerator and sped out of the Palace....
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, October 16th 2011 02:34am    Post subject:

Lake Country

The water was cool on the mid-summer's day. He was halfway to an island when he felt a strange sensation. It was like he was being watched. Lucas continued his stroke, one hand then the other, each with perfect consistency between them. When he reached the island, he stood up, and noticed through the water a figure had been following him. It was a gungan, a species notorious for their... lack of intelligence. Lucas folded his arms, after he had used the Force to surface the creature.

"Ahoy!" Lucas called to it, "You've been following me."

"You're a fast schwimmer, human!" The gungan walked out casually as though he had been planning to introduce himself, "Mesa Jar Jar Otanga."

"I'm Lucas, though I'm not a Naboo, I come from Kuat."

"Ooo, yousa an Imperial?"

"I guess so, but I'd put myself more into the Jedi camp before any -"

"A JEDI!?" The gungan's eyes shot open, then he dived into the water and disappeared.

"Huh..." Lucas was surprised at the response, but didn't mind. Lucas took the time to stretch, soaking in the sun, before returning to the lake and swimming back to the retreat Damian had sent them to. As he walked ashore, Sara was standing, her fingers massaging her head, caressing the point she had hit the ground. "Hey Sara...."

"Lucas, I-" She was confused, hurt, and in tremendous pain both physical and emotionally. It was her first time experiencing the pain Lumiya was capable of.

"Sara, just relax and breathe for a bit. You don't have to remember everything right now, in fact, try not to." Lucas pointed to the water, he could feel the burn his muscles sent out. It felt good to exercise. "You want to, uh, go for a swim?"
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, October 16th 2011 02:53am    Post subject:

Sara could feel the burn on her arm, still smell the singed bits of hair still on her head. She didn’t immediately reply to Lucas, running a hand over her forehead to feel it was almost smoldering hot, but in the least she still had a full head of red hair. She had a vague idea of what had happened, but it felt like a dre—nightmare to her than a real event. She tried to think of it as that, but knowing it wouldn’t go away for a long time, perhaps never. Lucas shifted his weight from one leg to another, she could feel he was feeling a bit awkward. Feeling his emotions was easier than any other person and for what reason she couldn’t explain.

Back on Bakura he had mentioned a sort of connection they had together that aided them in the Force, exactly how she had no idea just yet. Sara looked up, looking straight upwards into the blue sky with rolling clouds. The sun just off in a corner of her eye as it rose higher than it was when she arrived early in the morning. She had to squint to see the different shapes in the sky, but they were nothing right now. Just pillows.

She closed her eyes, gently tapping into her meditative state to calm herself as if it were a refuge. She brought herself out of it and opened her eyes to Lucas.
“I, I’ve got to meditate and…” she shook her head, contemplating the swim. She sighed. “I’ve got to sort this out, remember how I really got into that mess back there.”

Sara turned on her heels slowly, then walked back up the steps to the retreat’s main hall.

Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest

Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, October 16th 2011 05:50am    Post subject:

Lucas watched her retreat back into the main hall, contemplating between the two choices. He could return to the lake and let her meditate or he could choose to be a good friend and follow to console her. Lucas sighed, for too long had Sara been left alone, cast to a Jedi Master that nearly abused her, and left alone on Bespin to be devoured by Sith wolves. Lucas snatched the towel, using the Force to pull it from over 50 meters away, and began to dry his body as he walked up the steps.

Sara was in her meditative stance, small drops of tears on her face as she no doubt internally beat herself up. Lucas sat next to her and concentrated. He sent his mind to Coruscant, which was different than his usual meditative visits to Kuat. He walked the halls of the Jedi Temple, searching out his Master. Anakin was there, Lucas choosing to sit next him. It was strange how distant they were, yet understood each other completely.

"Sara," Lucas said, breaking the long hour of silence between them, "I know you've been through a lot, especially recently, but you're not alone any more. What you did today, wasn't you, you had no control. Force-users will understand that, and the Republic could even get a telepath to verify what happened here today...."

"Lucas, you aren't in the position I am. I killed people."

"No, Lumiya and Var, they killed people. They used you like a puppet." Lucas tried to put that delicately, but knew that it couldn't be. It was the truth and she had to accept it. "Sara, I know where they are." They were waiting on the Koda Space Station and they had Han Solo. "But before we can even think about that, there is something you need to know."

Lucas heard a small creak and the door opened to reveal the Queen of Naboo with Damian at her side. She entered quietly and without word, both Sara and Lucas bowing. Sara professed at how sorry, how terrible the acts were, but the Queen lifted her finger. "Sara Soto, I forgive you." The words were simple, they were easy almost. "We live in a dark time and I am gifted with the understanding that these actions were not on your own, but of another being forcing your hand. For that, I pardon you."

Sara was quiet, maybe processing it all, but she had a lot to take it. "Sara, I pardon you, mostly because you can assist the men that have died today. You can help me bring justice to their families. Only two men have seen your face, and with Damian's help, that face has changed into Lord Var. It may be a manipulation on my part, but I know this to be the truth."

"But I was the one-" Sara started, but nearly everyone jumped at corrected her, both the Queen and Damian letting Lucas finish.

"No, it wasn't Sara. You'll realize that eventually, but she has more to say." Lucas looked to the Queen.

"I am part of an organization Sara, it is called the Brotherhood. We work to stop the True Empire and the people who serve it, a list which includes Lady Lumiya and Lord Var. These individuals will pay the ultimate price and we will spare no quarter to stop them. Do you understand?" Sara nodded, but Lucas could sense the confusion. "I was not aware of your gifts and their magnitude until today, which has proven you may become a valuable asset to this organization. It is today that you learn who we are. Tseneca, Lucas, Damian, Myself and Vera Nico are all the names you need to know. We work together, in secret, to stop Grand Admiral Zend from destroying more planets... to prevent another Bespin, Bakura, Bilbringi and Muunilinst."

Kleiia smiled kindly, but put forth a serious question, "Do you accept my invitation, will you join the Brotherhood?"
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, October 16th 2011 04:54pm    Post subject:

This was certainly a revelation about the Brotherhood, and that Lucas and Tseneca were part of this. And Nico, she hadn’t heard that name in a while, but somewhere deep inside she wasn’t surprised at this. She could feel Lucas urging her to join the movement, but Sara herself knew that since she had now knew of it there was little she could do to forget it, or to reject it.

Sara bowed to Kleiia, “I accept, Queen Nappolian. And I thank you for the forgiveness.” She said, even though she may not forgive herself for allowing this to happen, not being able to resist or remember what had been done to her, for her to learn to block it should it happen again.

(Short I know)

Kleiia Nappolian
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, October 25th 2011 09:27pm    Post subject:

Having the young Jedi accept gave Kleiia a great sense of relief. The slaughter of her guards was disturbing as it was heart wrenching, but such were the affairs of the Sith Lords. Naboo had its history with such creatures of the dark, and if she could position the Brotherhood correctly, they might handle this Lady Lumiya by spoiling her entry into the True Empire. Kleiia nodded in the direction of the young Lucas, his face was grave and with much less carelessness since the last time she had seen him. It was a pity, when a boy becomes a man. The loss of innocence, the post-broken hearted would never be the same. He was a shattered version of his self, but these years would determine how he reassembled himself.

"Very well, Sara, welcome to the Brotherhood." The Queen smiled and turned, "Your assignment is to purge the galaxy of the Sith, starting with your own soul." She could not allow the Sith to take hold of the woman again, or she would ask Damian to take care of it. This would be the only time the Brotherhood shows mercy to their minions, for if they are self-aware of their actions, their deaths will be swift. She parted the lake-house, breathing the fresh air which was waiting for her outside. She enjoyed the serenity of the Lake County, the retreats she would go to when she was longer was becoming less and less available to her as her duties to both her people and the galaxy as a whole weighed down on her.

"Queen Nappolian?" It was a voice much like Damian's that had called to her from behind.

"Yes, Lucas?" She answered, turning to meet him.

"How...are you?" Lucas nodded in the direction of their unborn son. "Will the baby be born a bastard, or will you marry my brother?"

The Queen laughed as Damian scowled behind him. It was a touchy subject, in fact, much more than that. Politically, it was complicated. "The child will be born in two month's time. Who is to say we are not already married?"

Damian shot her a look and she only turned to look at her security chief. He opened the door to her royal speeder and she took her seat. She did not hear nor did she care about the brotherly squabble, but when Damian took his seat, it was obvious he did not enjoy the revelation of their private ceremony. "Damian, we should align ourselves with your mother, and quickly."

"In time." Damian breathed, "Just drive."

The speeder took off, returning to Theed's Palace.
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, October 26th 2011 02:31am    Post subject:

Sara bowed to the Queen as she, Damian and Lucas stepped outside. She waited until the doors had closed again to let a shiver run through her body. Purge the Sith from the Galaxy, starting with your own soul, that disturbed her. She couldn’t do this alone for sure, she needed some kind of tutelage to better lock her mind from influence. Looking back she realized she wasn’t trained and very susceptible to it. Lucas was able to do it back in the Sarlacc to calm her, Lumiya and Var, the one Shawn had warned her about and she didn’t even remember seeing him...she might even run into him again and not even know it… How Lucas knew him she probably won’t know for some time, she just knew she needed training.

She retreated further into the building, breathing slowly and deeply as she went. Sara felt somewhat bare without her lightsaber, as the crystal was unique to her. She might make due with another for a time but it won’t replace it. There was nothing else in the shuttle that she had arrived in, and there was no doubt in her mind that Lumiya and Var had her lightsaber, with her family crest on the hilt.

She found a rear balcony that overlooked the lake, the surface of the water was ten meters below her, an easy jump for anyone and a cinch for one with even the simplest of Jedi Trained skills, ones taught in basic by Sean Tavell and some more on her own. She thought back to how Lucas had asked her for a swim, and considered it now.

Her mind made up, and a strong urge to relax persuaded her to take her vest and utility belt off, set beside her socks and shoes.

With a flick of her wrist she shakily lifted herself into the air, and just as shakily placing her feet onto the stone railings.

Looking down she decided to make one last subtraction and grabbed her shirt and locket, the latter thankfully still in her possession, and tossed them both casually in the direction of the pile of attire she had made. Arms lifted up in the air, she closed her eyes and prepared to plunge into the water in just her short jeans and a bra.

“Um…Sara?” Lucas said behind her, Sara lowered her arms and turned her body to face him, her face having an innocent, relaxed expression on it. He teasingly added, “Now you want to swim?”

Sara simply shrugged, then dropped backwards into the water.

Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, October 26th 2011 03:52am    Post subject:

Lucas stripped off his own clothes, save for the shorts and dove in after the redheaded friend. They swam silently, both of their minds likely elsewhere in the galaxy, until Lucas decided to recall his own thoughts to the current moment. He relaxed, his arms and feet stopping momentarily so he could float against the small waves coursing throughout the lake. He had been through two engagements with the True Empire in the last week and now he was here, possibly one of the most serene places in the Mid/Outer Rim. It wasn't Kuat, but maybe, that was a good thing. Kuat was beautiful, in fact, because of all the money and wealth their system had, it was one of the most treasured places in the galaxy. But this place was something different, the people were more relaxed, they lived in a humbled nature, but not in an extravagant fashion. It was nice, and felt almost like life here was a cargo freighter carrying a load of feathers. You grew up to be a poet, a painter or a traveler. Simple things.

Lucas felt the sensation of bobbing up, then down, but the difference in the waves were so far inbetween that it was almost unnoticeable. Lucas would have to make contact with Anakin Solo soon, and spill everything. He'd have to explain Lumiya, the moment he engraved SITH into his own flesh, and... possibly the most crucial piece of information, where Han Solo was. But something inside of him, something Imperial in nature, wanted the old Corellian to pass. He had assisted in the destruction of the Galactic Empire, and effectively split the galaxy into some kind of shattered version of the Republic. It was a pity, but his Jedi side understood the importance of the Solo family.

He could hear the almost silent advance of Sara's strokes through the lake's water, when Lucas realized he was procrastinating at the detriment of the poor old Rebel hero. Not to mention he had no idea what was going on Varonat. Tseneca was alive, and for now, that was all that mattered. He'd meet up with her eventually, but he would have to take care of a few things, like Lady Lumiya and Lord Var. "Sara," Lucas called to her and she finally stopped, her feet kicking to maintain her floating position. "We have to leave, SAMM should be here soon."

"Oh, and where are we going, Lucas?" It was a kind tone, and Lucas could sense she was happy that he had included her.

He sighed, "We have inherited the responsibility of rescuing Han Solo."
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, October 26th 2011 04:21am    Post subject:

Some time after Lucas and herself had finished their almost therapeutic swim, the ship that had been her home several times in various times and places had arrived at the rear of the retreat, the Blight Leaper. A rust bucket and a home all the same, it's four engines piveted in place as it landed gently on it's extended landing pads. The stone landing pad scorched from the heat leaving black marks in place. The engines died and small, flat droids scurried about to clean the stains.

Fully clothed with only wet hair being the reminder of her swim, she ascended the gangplank, hearing the familiar clang as her feet echoed throughout the hollow cargo hold. The random cargo container and the odd cylinder were all that remained inside. The relatively intact but inoperable remains of a Droideka and H6-32 were piled into corner, waiting to be repaired. Sara closed her eyes for a moment, and could still feel the small spark of energy in H6's power cell. He wasn't dead yet.

She glanced into the rooms as Lucas hurried past her to the cockpit, everything had been shifted subtly, other in a more dramatic sense, but the ship was largely the same as she had remembered when she was aboard a month or so ago.

The boarding ramp closed and sealed shut with a air-tight hiss.

Sara strolled to the cockpit.

"Sara! It's good to see you again."

That voice. Sara sighed in her head. She missed SAMM, "It's good to hear your voice again, SAMM," she turned to Lucas, "Where are we heading?"

Lucas hesitated for a moment, his mind turning towards their mission to rescue Han Solo, the man captured on Bakura. "Coruscant, the Jedi Temple." He seemed to cringe, and Sara had learned in recent days that her feelings weren't incorrect and didn't misjudge them now. If she sensed something was amiss, she didn't dismiss it like before. Something was bothering Lucas, but it was best left alone.
"Let's get underway then," Sara said, deep inside thinking she could find some sort of insight from the Jedi inside the Temple, here's to hoping...

Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Naboo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: