Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Dac (Mon Calamari)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Dac (Mon Calamari)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jairon Blake
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, October 25th 2011 09:16pm    Post subject: Dac (Mon Calamari)

Dac (Mon Calamari)

Dac, as it was called in Mon Calamarian, Quarrenese, and Basic, also known as Mon Calamari and sometimes simply called Calamari or Mon Cala, was a planet in the Calamari system of the Calamari Sector, located in the Outer Rim. It was home to a wealth of sentient species: the Mon Calamari, the Quarren, the Moappa, the Amphi-Hydrus, and the Whaladons. Mon Calamari was the name given to the planet by Human explorers from the Galactic Republic who first discovered and revealed the world to the rest of the galaxy. The native species referred to the planet as Dac. The planet was a shining bluish-white orb from space, due to its ocean-covered surface. It was home to 27.5 billion Mon Calamarians and Quarren, as well as surrounded by the impressive Mon Calamari Shipyards. retrieved from http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dac

Quote:

Kee-Piru

The city of Kee-Piru is one of Mon Calamari's floating cities. It has a high traffic of many species and is a Republic planet.

Rouot and Dr. Opru-Kaleb

Rouot is the surly chief of security of the council's department of defense. He reluctantly works closely with Dr. Opru-Kaleb, one of the most renound physicians at Kee-Piru.

Aarit Reoga

Aarit Reoga is a harridan, a spy, smuggler and overall scoundrel who often associates herself with the interplanetary underground and its black market. She remains a close ally of Vera Nico, welcoming the terrorist's strictly anti bourgeois politics and extremist methodology.

Back to top »
Aarit Reoga
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 31st 2011 05:03pm    Post subject:

The day, dawning in all of its golden splendor, was ruined by the fact that Aarit couldn't go for her swim at the time she'd allotted for herself. She made a sound of exasperation and pulled her hood up further over her forehead. Her cousin was due at any second, but still, here in the public dining facility deep in the Sashi sector of Kee-Piru, she felt uneasy.

"Ophka." The strength of Miru's voice cut through the din of her thoughts and the cafe itself. She looked up to see her taller, broad shouldered cousin pass through the tables to her own, and sit gingerly down. He clasped her hand and leaned forward putting his forehead to hers in a greeting owed one relation to another.

"Miru." She said, practically cooing. "How wonderful you look."

"You've been gone for so long." He said, in a way she thought too un-approving. "Have you been successful in your errands.

She nodded. "Oh very. I feel the notes i've taken on the sentient species of the minor core planets are detrimental to the studies here at the university." Bollux, the lot of that statement. Miru was under the impression she was a natural biologist doing field research, and had been for the last seven years. The pack of lies she'd fed him had granted her the time and space to do what she needed to do, when she needed to do it.

"Most excellent." He looked pleased, and the love she felt for him at that moment made her little regret the pack of lies she was feeding him. "And you, you look as lovely as ever. I do wonder, sweet, when you will stop your collecting and start looking about for a mate."

So personal. That was the one thing she couldn't get around with her species, aside from their blighted passivism. The personal remarks. He had a right to pry, as her close cousin, but all the same, it made her flush.

"Miru, what makes you think a mate appeals to me? Im far to busy for such frivolities."

He sighed dramatically. "Ah, and hear I am hoping for more of the Resth-Tekro line. You poor father would-"

She raised a hand. "Don't. Miru, how many times must I ask you not to bring things like that up?"

He shook his head, but was silent. The last thing she wanted was to hear about what her parents would have wanted for her.

"Anyway." He said changing the subject. "I trust you've been referred to the Opru-Kaleb case study? Dr. Kaleb is adamant that the Trydennian cure be examined more thoroughly before testing."

She nodded. "Thats why I'm back. I received a summons to return immediately from the core. I found an insect there that harbors much of the same traits humans carry, Gene wise." She giggled. "Looks though, I never thought I'd say that the thing is far uglier than even the most homely human." That was the only truth of it. The insect she had with her did genetically resemble humans, but it was more than likely Dr. Kaleb would throw the project out with the dishwater, he did that with so many of the subjects and studies she brought back as a result of her cover. But, he kept her on because of Miru, and that was enough for her.

"Very good, very good." Miru made a satisfied noise, but looked at his crono with surprise. "Gracious. I must go, Ophka. Do come for dinner though, Tasha will be expecting you."

She nodded and watch him stand and leave. He was gone in a matter of minutes, and in the now relative privacy of the booth, she typed a message into her holopad:

<I've arrived>

Alex, that message is for Nico. We'll discuss later. :-)

Tag: alex
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, January 18th 2012 12:17am    Post subject:

The air on Dac was so fresh it almost knocked Sethe over when he stepped out onto the gangplank of the Hive Queen.

Jade stepped up behind him as he took a deep breath. The salt air filled his lungs and he took it in stride.

"Know where your going?" Jade asked.

He looked at her. "I have some idea. Hey look, Im sorry I dissapeared onboard like that. I--"

She held up a hand. "Don't worry about it."

Sethe fished for his clip and took out the appropriate credits, handing them to her. "Are you sticking around?"

"for a little while." She nodded to the ship. "I need to give them some time planet side, so they don't get cabin fever. I'll be in touch if you need me."

"Right." He said, not sarcastically... there was just nothing to say to that point. They shook hands and he headed off into the center of Kee-Piru.

The Mon Cal city, especially at this time of day, was bustling. He wedged his way through the throng of species making their daily business known or unknown in the metropolis of Kee Piru. Elbowing his way through was easy... finding his way in, not so much. After a good hour and a half of trying to orient himself, he gave up.

He took out his holopad, hoping for a map or... something.

K'nika had given him a readout of the medical labs belonging to the state... a Dr. Opru-Kaleb was the one supposedly in charge of the T.S. research. Problem was the labs were in the center district... and he was fairly broke just south of the Sashi section of the city.

He slumped a little. A drink would be good....

The mid day sun shone loud over the awnings as he sidled his way into a canitina, nearly laughing at the irony. Always a cantina...

He upped to the the bar and layed down a few of his last remaining credits. It didn't matter. He thought. He'd figure something out, like he always did. The bartender slid over an ale and he took a long drink, wondering where he'd finally landed. He'd had a ship, and prospects... a lousy apartment. Then Emmett had died and he'd lost a friend, said prospects and what was left of reality. No wonder Tseneca had left him. He wiped the back of his hand across his unshaven beard, scratching at the outgrow.

Droyk it. It wasn't the end of the world. No one knew he was here anyway... and if his past didn't catch up with him, he would be bound for starting over.

The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end as he felt a body approach.

"Hello, lover." Came the unmistakable silky-deep alto of Vera Nico.

Son of a bitch.

Tag: alex, space jawa
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, January 18th 2012 04:09pm    Post subject:

(Continues from Here)

Jade watched as Sethe headed off. She was surprised that he had paid her right off the bat rather than after he had gotten his treatment.

”Hope everything works out for him.” she thought.

But she quickly put the thought aside. Unless she was planning and following after him – which she wasn’t – it wouldn’t do her any good to worry about the man. If anything came up that she needed to know, Sethe knew how to contact her.

Jade needed to instead focus on her own life. Normally at this point, she would have seen to tending to the next step and figuring out where her next source of income was going to come from. At the very least, she probably needed to contact the man that had sent her to Bespin and figure out what to do about the failed pickup on Bespin.

But after Bespin and Varonat, she needed another break. Nothing major, but she needed some time to herself to relax. She wasn’t quite sure what she’d do yet, but she was certain she’d figure it out soon enough.

As she started towards the Hive Queen, she paused when she noticed that Ussa and the Twins were unloading…something…from the ship. She quickly got a feeling that they were up to no good. If not intentionally, then by whatever mischief the item they were unloading might accidentally result in. The three quickly noticed they were being watched, and Jade gave them a glare. All of them recognized that it meant she wanted them to behave themselves, and were quick to say that they’d keep out of trouble.

She wasn’t sure if she could count on that, but it was the best she could hope for at the moment. Until they actually did something wrong, she didn’t have anything else to go on.

Going to the Queen’s bridge, Jade logged into Kee-Piru’s visitor system and began searching for potential destinations, mostly entertainment options. Most of what she saw was too high-key for what she had in mind, but there was one option that stood out.

Dac was world almost entirely covered in water. And due to the positioning of the cities, much of that water was unsafe to travel though without the aid of some kind of vehicle. There were, however, regions of the planet that were safe for unaided open-ocean swimming, such as designated regions around the cities. This sounded like just the kind of relaxing activity that Jade needed.

However, she’d also need to go shopping first. She had a couple of swimsuits in storage, but neither of them were suitable for the open sea. She’s need a new one, instead, probably something more akin to a slicksuit. She'd likely other gear, as well.

After giving Gorrop a heads up that she was going out, she left the Hive Queen and prepared to head into the city. She stopped, however, in order to first check on the object her crew had unloaded from the ship. It was something in the process of being assembled, but from the looks of it appeared to be some kind of hover vehicle that Ussa had built from scratch. It hardly looked like it even qualified as a speeder.

“You stay out of trouble, you hear me!” She said. Again, there was a disconnected agreement amongst the three of them that they knew what they were doing and that they wouldn’t cause any problems.

Jade simply shook her head as she turned and headed out of the docking bay, hoping that Epoc and Gorrop would be able to keep an eye on them.

Ex-Jedi and Captain of the Hive Queen
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, January 30th 2012 08:19pm    Post subject:

"You've looked better." Nico said, leaning against the base of a Calamari statue. "What happened to having your own ship? Quite the fall, from Captain to passenger."

"I don't really want to talk about it, and maybe you should leave me alone." Sethe's breath was harsh, but the sun broke across his face which reminded her of his more handsome features. He might've been a little rough around the edges, with the unshaven beard and shaggy hair, but she enjoyed his company.

"Aren't you going to ask me about Bakura?" Nico caught the glance of a passing child, and when their eyes met, the boy quickly looked away.

"Nah, I figured you'd get out of that mess."

"I was surprised to find that you all made it out alive."

Sethe shrugged, "Only to lose everything on Bespin."

"I think Bespin was liberating in a lot of ways. Devastating, of course, but liberating. The Republic needs to be reminded that the Empire does not play fair or just, but plans on a total victory. As for you, where are your comrades?"

"Kuat, I think. I don't really know."

Nico pushed off the statue and wandered a bit closer, the gap between them small enough that if she wanted, she could touch him. "You mean?"

"Yeah."

It looks like Tseneca lost a second man in her life, no doubt to his alleged disease from Necropolis. She smiled at this and extended her hand, "I am sorry that you have lost your crew, but I actually came here for you. I might've heard a few things and if you do have an illness and if you came here to treat it, I want to see it through."

"Why What could my well being ever mean to you?"

Nico leaned in, "Emmett was a friend of mine too. And a friend of a friend.... well... you get the picture." She touched the rough part of his face, then released. "It's time to go, Sethe. It's time to heal."
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, June 21st 2012 02:00am    Post subject:

Sethe squinted at Nico, trying to get a read. Unfortunately, when it came to Nico, this was nearly impossible without force intuition, and even then he wasn't sure it was possible. On the other hand, Nico had never been anything but straight with him, so it was as simple as silk to give her the benefit of the doubt.

He pulled her hand away from his face, holding it in his for a long minute. it was soft, nice... to say the least. "Its obvious you know why I'm here, then. So what else is it you want?"

Her pretty mouth pulled into a slight knowing smile. "mm... not the least bit sly." Her voice became relatively serious. "I'm meeting a contact here." she continued looking around. "She's the one whose working closely with Kaleb's Trydennian cure, so I want to accompany you to the lab. All benefits to you, of course... but after that, I need a little help from you."

Sethe looked at her sharply, his eyes never leaving her face. "I don't need a chaperone, darlin'."

"Cheeky." She said, and pressed his hand, a little harder than necessary. "No need to be abraisive, lover. Minus that little catch, I'm in this for you." she leaned in closer to him, and his breath quickened despite himself.

"And what exactly is that catch?"

She smiled again, her other hand reaching into her pocket and then pressing a data disk in his hand.

"A treasure hunt... of sorts."

Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, June 26th 2012 12:04am    Post subject:

The real target was Pietro Bakh-Lowry. He was a friend of a friend, but ultimately, it was here that she would determine whether or not he would live or die. His reputation for exploiting the poor natives of Thyferra was not aligned to her cause, but given his past, it was possible he was an enemy of Tseneca. She had to balance this with her alliance with the Queen of Naboo and Lucas, but for now, she needed all elements. The Queen provided a secret political backing, that given proper and informal channels, could bail her out a very precarious situation in the near future. Lucas had access, albeit, not directly, but with the proper presented situation, she'd be able to broadcast on his mother's holonet network. And finally, she'd be able to bring to light the horrible injustice that made her one of the galaxy's most wanted criminals.

Sethe Bhren was a curious attraction, but she was honest when she said she was here for him. In all that has happened in the last couple of months, her entire plan had been thrown into chaos. She felt for these people, in ways that compromised what she was set out to do. Almost, any ways.

The medical complex was beautiful, but it was also used to fuel a variety of Republic military installations. Their security was top of the line. A droid scanned her face, the screen flashed green, then Bhren stepped forward. The droid scanned and he passed with the same flying colors of green. "Welcome to Dac, Mr. and Mrs. Fink."

"Thank you," Nico smiled and grabbed Sethe's hand. When they were far enough away, Bhren let go, almost disgustingly.

"What are you playing at? Using Emmett's name like that?"

"I'm known by a different alias depending on the system, and sometimes, by the planet. On this particular planet I am Astilla Fink and you are Emmett Fink. Stick to this alias." She smiled as a Mon Calamari doctor greeted them. They were placed in a smaller waiting room, allowing her to continue, "Your friend was a spy and a murderer. He meant to vanquish every soul on this planet." She enjoyed the game, the twisted reality she tried to make him believe.

"And what does that say about his wife?"

Nico smiled, "Sethe, the past is the past. I've set out on a different path, one to correct previous wrongs. Even if I have to go to the extreme to accomplish them."

Sethe looked at her, but stopped as the doctor re-entered the room. "Mr. Fink. We have been very excited to meet you, though it is very unfortunate given your circumstances. We hope that by the time you leave Dac, you will be fully cured and no longer have to take injections."

Vera wrapped her arms around Sethe's body, "Honey, that is wonderful!"

Sethe breathed, "Yeah, great. You're going to take my blood?"

"Yes, the data we received simulated a 100% cure rate in simulations, but we require a live sample for the next phase of testing. In two days, if the tests are successful, we will go ahead and begin treatment!" A droid arrived and took the vials of blood, nearly two gallons, then disappeared. As Sethe lay groggy, his eyes fluttering to stay awake, and the doctor safely out of the room, Nico bent down and whispered. "Emmett never truly loved Tseneca and he was using you Sethe. He was not your friend."

Tag: Jess
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, June 26th 2012 12:55am    Post subject:

The use of Emmett's name made Sethe feel nauseous, just as the lies Nico was telling him did. She didn't realize how much Sethe really had known Emmett, and it showed her vulnerability. He wondered if she realized this about herself. Most likely not.

She left him to Kaleb, who had him steadily sedated into a strange half-oblivion. The good doctor was talking him through the process., telling him he'd be right as rain in a manner of days after the innocuation. Something about the insects he'd extracted the treatment from, the rats he'd treated and their spectacular results. He was too groggy though to do anything but grunt. K'nika had told him he was the first human to go through the process, why would this be a surprise...

and then everything went dark.
 Back to top »
Aarit Reoga
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, June 26th 2012 01:46am    Post subject:

Aarit looked up as Nico came into the pub, her head covered with a fine dark wig, her face laden with pretty facial ink to hide her appearance further. Gazing from under her lashes, the woman spotted Aarit and headed over, smiling a little.

"You certainly waste no time." Aarit said, not unkindly.

"Oh, come now. You knew he was a priority. I need him for intelligence after this... "check up" the Thyferrans set up for him."

"Is that all?" Aarit said, teasingly. She knew when to quit though after Nico shot her a dirty look. "You have to admit though, he's good-looking for a human..."

Nico snorted, but Aarit could tell the ring of truth that lay behind her derisive attitude. She let it rest. "But... business, yes?"

"Is that what we're calling it?" Nico said, but reached under her cloak and pulled a data pad out, sliding it across the booth table. Aarit took it and looked it over, skimming the text.

"So you really do think this human will come through... Bakh-Lowry, is it? What makes you think he has what we want?"

"I don't. If he doesn't, he's no good to me."

Aarit smirked. "We all know what happens to men that don't fulfill your expectations."

Nico shook her head, deep in thought. "This is different, there's a lot more tied into this, especially having to do with his station as a Thyferran Noble. His father was killed by an... associate of mine."

"An associate you have no taste for, obviously."

"An associate easily put out of my way if I let him at her." Nico retorted.

"Competition?" Aarit voiced.

Nico snorted. "Hardly. a minor annoyance with a penchant for getting in my way. And getting at my men"

"Fair enough." Aarit looked at the tablet again. "So Bakh-Lowry knows where we can find the patchwork for this... thing we're looking for?"

"Better than that." Nico said. "He'll lead us right to the source. The rumors are that it was lost here during the imperial siege of Dac, among the ruins of the world devastators sunk here years ago. If my... associate... is right and Commander Krauss and her Sith pet has developed a weapon to stop the Jedi in their tracks, this power source, put to the right use, will have the traction to fight back."

"And what use is that? Since when were you on board the Jedi train?"

Nico looked frustrated. "Aarit, look at the big picture. We are talking about the True Empire, Noone in their correct mind, excepting the power mongering, oppressive scum of the trade worlds will side with them. At this point, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The Jedi, the Imperial Remnant all of it means nothing if we are going up against all out war."

Aarit looked at her through partially closed lids. "Softie."

Nico matched her gaze. "Say what you will, but this thing as you so eloquently put it is just the lynch pin we need. Bakh-Lowry's the only lead we've got and if he doesn't pull through, he might be usefull to me in other ways."

"What about Bhren?" Aarit asked.

"That was your deal, Aarit. Your the one that brought that blasted insect back, what do you know about it?"

Aarit shrugged. "If anyone can do it, its Kaleb. When the Thyferrans sent word of a need for it, I thought it was too good to be true, not to mention that the trial was your own personal man-toy--"

Nico cut her off with a sharp look, and she continued more cautiously. "The Innoculation will... do its work. Kaleb knows what it will do as well as I do. The only problem is controlling the... outcome."

Nico made a sly smile. "Leave that to me."

Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, June 26th 2012 03:26am    Post subject:

The outside air on Dac was salty, enough so, that it was refreshing. She took a couple of deep breaths before continuing through the medical lab's doors. The research facility wasn't exactly public, but the security was still top notch. The droid waved her in and she found an empty chair near the passed out Sethe Bhren. He was handsome in the rugged kind of way, rough around the edges, yet calm and peaceful as he slept. It would be easy to kill him, here and now, if she wanted.

"Tseneca?" Sethe whispered, waking up slightly, but his glazed pupils sharpened and he shut his mouth. Nico recoiled slightly, refusing to extend her hand or even make a sound until he was staring right at her. "How long was I out?"

"I doubled, nearly tripled, your dosage, so almost eight hours instead of the three." She answered coldly.

"I feel like I've been hit by a frakking wampa." He breathed. "You could've killed me."

Nico sat there, analyzing him. What had Emmett seen in him? "Possibly, but you needed the rest, and I needed time to do a business transaction unimpeded." She smiled. "How did you meet Emmett? I'm afraid your little backstory with old boy blue is somewhat of a mystery for me." She paused, "And I'm also curious as kind of lies he spun for you. It might give me an idea on where he hid a nasty little thing he was building for the True Empire. A world killer, I believe."

She wanted him distracted. Even if he disregarded everything she was saying, there was always going to be a part of him that would say, what if. What if everything she is saying is true?
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, June 26th 2012 03:03pm    Post subject:

Sethe looked at her through his haze. Even though Kaleb had done nothing of circumstance but analyze his blood, the fact that Nico had dosed him wasn't that much of a shocker. He narrowed his eyes at her coy reach for information, her continual smearing. She was angry, but it was most likely because he had spoken Tseneca's name in his stupor.

"how many times have I told you, Cheeka, I'm not buying the crap that your selling when it comes to that calculating rage thing you've got going."

Nico flushed visibly, and that only confirmed Sethe's suspicions that she was vying for raised hackles. "Don't give me one of your imbecilic pet names, I'm not a stooge."

He sat up and swung his legs over the table, sitting to face her. "Likewise. So stop trying your major smear campaign on me. I knew Emmett better than you ever did, so quit the paddy-whack and tell me what's really going on here."

She leaned over, bracing both arms on either side of him. She obviously wasn't to be outdone by his being petty or sly at this point. "You think you knew that man?" She braced him with that cold stare of hers, and his heart started pounding in a way that made him both nervous and... kinda turned on. Damn it.

She continued. "Did you know he ran with me during his desertion? Those True Imperial runabouts, that Krauss woman, she didn't have a chance against his clout in the service. His plans to upend the major worlds under the True Empire were too much for her--"

He held up a hand "Ah, see, that first part I'm willing to believe, its when you start to spin the ridiculously absurd lies that you lose me. It was Krauss who was working on the world killer operation. Yes, Emmett had a hand in some of the more sinister campaigns, but he never executed them. So when he realized the True Empire was going to make its diabolical return to civilization, he deserted. Thats where your story picks up, I believe."

Nico gave him a wry smile, as revealing as any because he could see the glint of frustration in her cool eyes, a glint that told him she knew he was telling her the full truth against all her workings against it. "You can't know that for certain."

He placed both his hands on her slender wrists, the ones that pinned him there. "How much you want to bet against it?"

She swallowed visibly and moved away from him. "If your so smart, tell me why he waited so long to contact you."

"He didn't. I was in closed contact with him the whole time. It was only when he deserted that we kept in touch fully. There was an unreasonable lull in communication, between the time he reached the mid rim and the time he got back in touch with Tseneca, I assume that's when he was with you."

A flicker of pain and then she rounded on him, suddenly fierce. "Don't assume."

He raised his arms in false defense, then deliberately changed the subject. He could only imagine what happened between Nico and Emmett, but he had a feeling it was some of the reason she despised Tseneca so much. "So... a business transaction was it? Care to fill me in?"

Alex: I'm leaving this to you, figure you'd want a hand in developing it. Basically, Pietro Bakh-Lowry knows where an unequivocal power source and plans to build a weapon are. They are hidden in the under-depths of Dac somewhere. I figured Nico is trying to get them for the brotherhood and will tell Pietro where Tseneca is, Pietro will use this information to send an agent to kidnap Lilly, who he thinks is Tseneca's daughter. The only thing is i don't want Sethe to know that Pietro is a Bakh-Lowry, Tseneca's cousin. Our group of leapers can go on a quest to find these plans while Bella, Tseneca and Jonathan work things out with the KDY specs Arlyn sent that Pietro disavows. Thats all I have so far. yay.

Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, June 27th 2012 06:29pm    Post subject:

Sethe had asked her about what kind of business she had been up to. A curious subject for what she had in mind. "You'll find out soon enough. Just between me and you, there is a man on this planet that will get what he deserves. I just don't want you to get in the middle of it." She toyed with his mind a little bit, by tracing along his knee, but didn't want to drop a different subject at hand, not while it was in play. "You were in closed contact with Emmett Fink the entire time?"

"Yes." He said, "I thought we dropped this subject?"

"I just needed to clarify." She smiled, only he had no idea of its meaning, she relented and dropped the deceased man from their conversation. "We can talk about something else now."

"Like what you were up to? I don't like hearing you'll find out soon enough, it sounds ominous and with your background, who knows what will happen."

"Keeps it interesting, doesn't it?" She placed her finger on his lips. They were cold. "Now that is the last time we address the business. No Fink conversation, no business. Fair? Now, I've arranged for a small hotel room. It will not be the comfort you are used to, but it will suffice for now." She grabbed his coat and helped him into it, even though he pulled away and put it on mostly himself. The weather had gone from sunny to a light drizzle. Kaleb walked by, thanking Sethe for the opportunity to work on his case.

Sethe shook the man's hand and began to sign some documents at the desk, when Nico leaned in. "The tests, Doctor?"

"We are ready to proceed to the next stage." He smiled and parted back into a lift that would take him to his lab. Nico turned around and smiled at the scruffy man waiting by the door, pulling out an electro rain-repeller.
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, June 30th 2012 05:39am    Post subject:

There was satisfying feeling simply from the shopping she had finished with as Jade made her way back to her ship. She couldn’t quite nail what it was, but if she were to guess at it, her first one would be due to the feeling from knowing she would shortly be enjoying herself out in the ocean making use of the items she had just recently purchased.

That satisfying feeling came to an abrupt halt when she heard sounds from the Hive Queens docking bad that were by no means positive sounding. Instead, they sounded like chaos, complete with yelling from more than one species.

“Please tell me they aren’t…” She started as she rushed the rest of the way to the hanger bay.

Much to her dismay, what she feared was true – in the time she had spent away from her crew, some of them had managed to start up a mess of trouble. The hover vehicle that Ussa had been unloading when she first left was currently spinning about the hanger bay, with Ussa in it screaming her lungs out. The twins were hiding underneath cover arguing with one another. E-P0C was the only one who looked like he was trying to fix the problem, but with Ussa zooming around like she was, it wasn’t hard to imagine why the droid wasn’t being very effective.

“Wingnut, catch!” She said, barking out an order, then sought out Ussa and yanked her from her ride. Following Jade’s orders, Wingnut came out of hiding and caught the Jawa in the air.

Keeping her crewmembers safe, Jade then deflected the hover vehicle into a wall, where it crashed, let out a small explosion from where she presumed it’s engine had been, and fell to the ground in a heap. The result wasn’t quite what she’d been aiming for, but with her force powers still feeling not up to their normal levels, she was willing to settle for it.

“What was that?!” She shouted at them. “I told you to stay out of trouble!”

Wingnut, Scraphead, and Ussa all tried to exchange blame with one another as they approached her, but Jade would be having none of it.

“No, no excuses.” She said. “Clean up this mess, and get rid of that thing before it kills someone. And if they charge us for the damage it caused, it coming out of your paychecks.”

She didn’t give them a chance to protest, picking up the items she’s dropped trying to prevent something worse from happening.

“E-P0C, you’re in charge of making sure they follow through on it.” She said as she passed by the droid. She’d have to relay the instructions to Gorrop as well.

With the newfound frustration her crews experiments had brought on, she wasn’t sure if she should have called off her plans lest she be incapable of enjoying them. But on the other hand, she felt like she needed to relax now more than ever.

“Simply rediculous." She commented to herself.

Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, July 18th 2012 09:16pm    Post subject:

They were halfway across the floating city when she received an automated alert. The Blight Leaper has entered the system, it read. She sighed, grabbing onto Sethe's arm rather affectionately. Even if Tseneca couldn't see her, somehow in the grand scheme of things, she wanted this visible display of attachment. What she was about to help him with, well, it would only aide in getting her revenge.

"Dinner, maybe a drink?" Nico said, deciding to wait until the Leapers had chosen their city. It was possible they weren't even landing here. By the gods, let it not be the same hotel. That would only complicate things.

Tag: Jess
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, July 21st 2012 05:03am    Post subject:

It was high up, and probably a location where Jade did not belong. And the leap down, though leading straight to the ocean, was probably dangerous. At the moment, though, Jade didn’t care about either of those things. She needed to blow of some steam, and taking a leap off a building seemed like a good way to do it. She certainly had confidence that she had a better chance of survival than most. Her Force powers – what she had access to, at least – would allow her to control her dive and the water blow her in order to properly cushion the dive.

And then she leapt, letting the wind fly past and the adrenaline flow through her. The landing in the water stung a bit, but the rush had been worth it. She now felt ready to enjoy herself. The water all around her felt cool and refreshing, and the sheer amount of life spread out around her was an entirely different sensation, a feeling she hadn’t felt anything close to since Bespin.

It wasn’t quite what she had been hoping for, but it certainly felt like a step in the right direction. Maybe this was exactly what her body and mind needed after all the chaos that had been happening recently.

The one downside to it all was the way she felt her slicksuit hugging at her skin. She knew they were designed to be skin tight, but the more she wore it the more she was convinced the merchandiser at the shop she had visited had sold her a suit that was a size too small. At least she could take comfort in the fact that at worst it left little to the imagination – the way it was designed as a full-body outfit meant she had little worry it would result in any unfortunate mishaps the way it might have if she were wearing a regular swimsuit.

On the flip side, she also had little doubt it offered a benefit – with the suits skin stretched out over more of her body, it left her freer to feel the refreshment of the ocean against her. Not a bad trade, though not one she was sure she would have made again if given the choice.

Ready to start exploring, Jade fired up the personal water propulsion pack on her back and descended into the depths.

Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, July 26th 2012 04:16pm    Post subject:

Sethe looked down at the woman on his arm. Nico looked a tad distracted, and he couldn't help but get the feeling she was stalling for something.

She wanted to play hardball, fine, he'd play hardball.

He pulled her hard into an alley way, and, with some remorse, used his larger strength to pin her up against the wall. She struggled a little in protest, but his forearm was pressing hard against her neck so all she could do was open her mouth like a fish.

"You know I hate to do this, against all odds I actually trust you, but what in hell are you playing at, Cheeka."

He heard the sound of an energy weapon charge up behind him and narrowed his eyes at Nico, who smiled back at him coily. She stuck her bottom lip out in a teasing pout and he let go of her, putting his hands up in surrender.

Nico smoothed her clothes and reached up, patting Sethe's chin gently, with her other hand, she removed his blaster from its holster at his hip. "I had a feeling you wouldn't be so trusting." She walked over to the Mon Cal female holding the blaster on Sethe and ran her fingers through the taller womans long pony tale. "Sethe Bhren, may I introduce you to Aarit Reoga."

"Charmed." Seth muttered, his hands still up.

"Aarit here is the soul you should thank for getting you here. She's one of Dr. Kaleb's associates, and she's the one that gave him lead to the cure."

"Fanastic." Sethe replied. "Except she's still got me at gun point."

"Well..." Nico sighed melodramatically. "You have to know that as my ally, Aarit would help me regardless of any cost."

"Is she a mindless thing, or cant she speak for herself?" Sethe taunted.

Aarit's skin took a blushed color and her eyes grew smaller with anger.

"Tut tut." Nico continued stroking her friends hair. "What we're playing at, which you so bluntly cut to, is a simple bargain. I'm sad that it had to come so drastically, we were hoping your gratitude would be enough, but blackmail will just have to stand in for that."

Sethe took a breath and released it slowly. Of course it would be like this. "Well, what is it."

Nico placed a hand on Aarit's gun arm and lowered it. "Easy. We'll get you the cure. Dr. Kaleb will be ready for you come morning. In exchange, you go with us on a... treasure hunt of sorts."

"What is it your looking for?" Sethe asked.

Nico gave him a somewhat kind smile. "We'll discuss that later, in a more comfortible arena. For now, if you decline to help me, Aarit and her influence will have you declared a fugitive, and you'll have to put up with that little... beast... inside you on the run."

"Why do you need my help?" Sethe growled.

Again, Nico looked at him in a kind, patient way, which he could tell was a ploy. "Come now, Sethe, a strong able body like yours? I could... use you... in a number of ways."

Sethe kept his breath even. There would be no way of getting out of this if he wanted that cure. And at any rate, from what he knew of Nico, truly knew of her, whatever it was she was looking for could make or break her own form of justice. He just had to weigh that the good was bigger than the evil.

"Fine. You have a deal." He said.

A slow smile spread across Nico's face and she crossed over to him, taking his arm much like she had on the street. "Your a reasonable man, Sethe Bhren. Aarit, wont you join us for dinner?"
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 26th 2012 06:32pm    Post subject:

The Killer's Fate had landed alongside the Blight Leaper in an expansive, diplomatically-reserved hangar. Aside from the GalacTec transport frigate and Kuati yacht, few other ships were in here. Resth, Jan and Clare stepped out of the Fate and onto the metallic flooring of the hangar. Cool, sea salty air filled everyone's lungs as they disembarked. Clare looked towards the Leaper, a distance away Tseneca, with an unknown man, walked side-by-side towards some Calamari diplomats and shook hands. She almost thought it was Sethe, even though they had only met briefly. But she quickly saw the slight difference in posture to note the man next to Tseneca must have been some sort of diplomat or emissary.
Instead of interrupting, she paced over to the Leaper, where the crew was busy offloading what they were going to take onto the surface for the time being. She saw only a small handful of the original crew, personalities like Dex, Firi and Alisson were nowhere to be seen. Jonas, Lucas and Sethe were also absent. She felt a chill when she thought of Jonas, she heard he'd been missing since she heard he wasn't found at Bespin. People feared he had died like so many others to the bombardment, and she thought it best not to make any more mention of it.

She rounded landing strut and saw H6-32 standing at attention next to a young Kuati boy who glanced at her, his eyes suddenly glittering. Clare smiled at him and moved on.
Sara, Badim and another woman were standing together in a group offloading a small amount of baggage.
Badim turned towards her, smiling broadly, "And here comes my crew."
Clare closed in on Badim, and they warmly embraced. An old life about to pass away once they had finished with helping Tseneca. While it wasn't imminent, a couple months away at least, it felt encroaching nonetheless.

"Bella," Badim addressed, "This is Resth, Jan and Clare."
When he mentioned her name, he kissed her on the forehead and she couldn't help but smile. While she wasn't embarrassed, her cheeks slightly reddened.
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, July 27th 2012 07:25am    Post subject:

Not only was the ocean immensely refreshing, it was beautiful as well. The coral formations alone were something to behold, and the wildlife was beyond abundant. In Jade�s trip beneath the waves she could almost swear she was seeing a greater variety of life just now in this one area than some planets had over their entire surface.

It was enough for Jade to willingly loose track of time. She didn�t know for how long she traveled through the ocean. With the aid of the more advanced rebreather design, she had little need to worry about running out of air. The thing would give her a warning when she was low on air, anyway.

When Jade was finally aware of her surroundings again, she discovered she was in a medical center of some kind. She was hooked up to some basic monitoring equipment, and missing her underwater pack and rebreather. She was still in her slicksuit, however, which told her she hadn�t been there very long. Certainly not long enough for anyone to justify changing her into any kind of hospital gown. She hoped that was a good thing.

�That didn�t take long.� She heard a nearby Mon Calamari say. The alien, a nurse or doctor from the look of him � she wasn�t familiar enough with the species medical uniforms to tell the difference � came over to the cot she had been placed on.

�How�d I get here?� She asked.

�Someone spotted you unconscious out in the water not far from the city. You were brought here in short order.� The Mon Cal replied. �You should consider yourself lucky to not be harmed. There are some rather nasty wildlife around the city.�

He was right, she was forced to admit when she took another look at herself. His words also seemed to confirm what she had first suspected. She had clearly traveled out beyond the zone she had planned to go swimming through.

�How did that happen, anyway?� He asked. Probably a question of what she was doing out that far and what had happened to leave her floating so far out. Recalling the events, she wasn�t interesting in talking about how her carelessness had almost gotten her killed. Or whatever it was that had saved her.

Or�something else there that was just now coming to mind. As though she had had a dream while she was under, and only just now recalling it. It wasn�t much, just an image of a swamp of some kind.

She ultimately didn�t answer him, only waving off the question.

�Very well.� He said with a shrug.

Knowing she didn�t have anything she needed to stay for, Jade made sure she was able to get clearance to leave the medical center as soon as was humanly possible.

�Just my luck that I�d be needing a break to get my mind off the break I tried to take.� She thought when she was finally free to go and walked out the door.

Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, July 29th 2012 02:11am    Post subject:

The dining hall looked as though it belonged to a mob boss with the tacky forms of artwork hanging from the various walls. The decorative statues were sort of a macho-bravo to male superiority due to its small undertones of feminine suppression. In one art piece, that fact was blatantly obvious as a woman was being lifted by a group of males, her clothes violently ripped off. It was the look in the male's marble eyes that did it in for her.

But then again, it didn't just look like it belonged to a mob boss, it did belong to a mob boss. While having dinner with her associate and Sethe Bhren, she would assist in the decapitation of one of the system's most notorious mob-runners. The human was hiding behind Calamari laws and mostly using pawns to do the actual work, so if busted, they could never really pin it on him. It wasn't anything new, but it worked for him here and in this place.

Nico had been following his story and as he was sitting over at his usual table, a twi'lek on each leg, his long smirk nearly caused her to vomit everything she had for dinner. But the hour was still young and conversation was to be had. "Sethe, are you not going to comment on how pretty we look?" Nico asked, forking a piece of a green vegetable into her mouth.
 Back to top »
Aarit Reoga
Jess

Post Posted: Sun, July 29th 2012 02:35am    Post subject:

Aarit took her seat with the human and Nico and picked at the rice she had ordered. She kept a strict eye and an uneasy trigger finger on Sethe, but so far, Nico had given no signal that there would be or was a problem.

"Lovely." Sethe said, and smirked slightly. He was hard to read, even for a human.

Nico stroked his arm gently. "You know... there are so many who would pay for this kind of company..."

Aarit saw Sethe wince slightly, but he covered it up with a grin. "They would pay more for their companions to speak..."

Aarit sniffed and put her nostrils in the air indignantly. "You talk human, I'll listen and watch."

Nico looked at Aarit slyly then turned to Sethe. "Excuse my associate, she's... overly wary."
 Back to top »
Kristopher Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2012 03:39am    Post subject:

Kris watched Clare pass him, she might've said something, but he was too occupied in a fantasy to fully realize she was Badim's other half. H6 had explained it enough that Kris knew the woman was off the market. He sighed, waiting for his artificial friend to say something, but only silence followed. The air on Dac wasn't pleasant, in fact, he almost preferred the recycled air aboard the Blight Leaper. It was salty and the hangar only added an aroma that could be best matched to an unbathed space traveler. And supposedly, this was one of the finer landing zones.

"You have a very smug look on your face. Extremely Kuati of you." H6 said finally, "And I could not help, but process another interesting glance when Mistre- Clare, walked out and towards us."

"Yeah?" Kris said, half-heartily, "I don't suppose you can really understand what it really feels like, to have such an attractive...lady... whiz right passed you." He looked at Clare again, flashing away as his sister seemed to be catching wind of what was going on. She came up to them.

"Keep it your pants, Kris. Gross." Her tone was extremely condescending, but he couldn't help but shrug and flash her a smile.

"Oh come on Bells, we are on Dac what could possibly happen any ways." Back on their homeworld, this world was somewhat of a rival planet. Afterall, they were shipbuilders for the Republic. In a way, he was downplaying both the planet and his freshly emerged attraction.

"Kris, seriously. You know things are about to..." She leaned in, "Hit the fan. Why don't you take H6 and get your room."

"I'm leaving, Bells." Kris said, "I have to look for him."

"For Lucas?" She sounded a little surprised, and slightly annoyed he was serious about this. "Kris, he is alive. I can tell you that, but he doesn't need us right now, and quite frankly, I don't think it is safe for you to go."

"What do you mean? Is he in trouble?"

"Not exactly." She answered, then started to walk away.

"Six, let's grab our room, then we can sort this out." Kris walked away from the group. There was something about his brother Bella wasn't telling him. She was concerned, but seemed to know enough to keep her on whatever their mother had planned for Tseneca. The inner working of the hotel was beautiful, finally. It reminded him of things much less important and much more fun to think about. "How old is Clare, any ways?"
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2012 04:07am    Post subject:

The way Aarit was looking at their target was distracting, but she was as coy as she was professional. It was one of the reasons Nico liked working with her. The men around her were never at ease, the way they should be when a real woman was around. Sethe was getting comfortable, and for once, he would pay the price for his inner knowledge of Fink. It all comes down to Fink. And in time, his easy dismissal of the conversation, would come back to haunt him. And it would haunt him forever.

"Sethe, I'm going to kill the group to our left. When that happens we will be forced to run from this place. There will be a taxi-sub waiting for us, number 76 with a purple V etched into its hull. It is waiting at the end of the second alley from the barber shop we passed early today. Do you remember it?"

"Yes." He didn't seem all that shocked, "Do you always have to kill someone? What are the man's crimes?"

"Your lack of understanding is one of the many character flaws, but I understand that you continue to root for me, even if your exterior body language shows otherwise. When you pull away from me, you're really waiting to see what happens next. And what is about to happen next is justice." She looked to Aarit who only tilted her head, her large eyes blinking with satisfaction. "You see, I have a knack of blending in, even on these heavily fortified Republic worlds. People walk right passed me, and don't even realize they are next to one of the most wanted figures in the galaxy. It's a gift."

"Your pride and ego will unravel you, Nico. It's one of your lesser qualities." Sethe breathed, sipping the last remnants of his wine from the glass. "Your rogue and spontaneous bouts of justice... what do they do? Tell me, how many people have clambered to your cause? People see you as a villain, not a hero."

"Wrong." Nico said, "You see the people, the ones that do recognize me, they do not say anything. They smile at me. And that is because they know I am doing the right thing. We live in a galaxy that has had its fair share of "peace" and "serenity", but truly, an age for the spread of intergalactic greed, power, and plunder. Kuat, Dac, Bastion, Coruscant.... they are oblivious to what is really happening. All these planets' resources, now that war has returned, will be sent to the frontlines to combat another fiend. Governments had years to help these people. The innocent are preyed upon. Men and women subjecting their own malice onto the innocent, depriving them of the fruits and gems of life, and in some cases, the deprivation of life can be literally."

She pulled out her blaster, causing a woman at a nearby table to scream, the room frozen in time as Nico's finger inched closer to the trigger. "Leon Starr, I told you I was coming for you. And here you are, cowering in the Outer Rim."

"It's Nico, holy frak!" Several voices were beginning to say, "Get the police!"

"You crazy bitch." Starr laughed, "You think you can come into my-"

She pulled the trigger, the energy of the blast forcing the man's brains from his tiny skull to be all over the table and the wall behind him. She continued to fire until the blaster's chamber overheated, forcing her to toss the weapon aside, as Aarit covered them through the door. The street had turned into a mad panic, the blast shots caused security to swarm, but they were already halfway through the alley when the planet's security team finally began to chase them.

As they rounded the corner, they hopped into the taxi-sub and within seconds, they were submerged and shooting through the Calamari ocean. "You are certainly one of theatrics." Sethe said, "I'm assuming that man had robbed some innocent people of their fruits of life?"

"You can be sarcastic, Sethe, but what I just did, eliminated the heads of a terrible crime ring. It will fully collapse from an internal power struggle, which eventually will end the galactic slave trade of nearly 500,000 souls a year."

Aarit folded her arms, "You may mock what we do, but the people do not laugh."
 Back to top »
H6-32
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2012 05:14pm    Post subject:

"How old is Clare, any ways?" Kris asked. H6 put a hand on his shoulder to stop him, he wished for once in his life he could make an smirking expression with his face, but it was a solid piece of metal unable to move.
"Comparing your age to Clare's, it would be highly inappropriate," Six said, "And you would likely end up being dead, Clare and Badim are assassins that have procreated."

Kris contemplated this, H6's processors calculating a high percentage chance he was thinking of a way around it.
"How about I repeat? They are assassins who had a baby. The baby did not survive the development process. Their relationship is all they have, at the moment."

Kris fell silent.

"Now that we are in this room," H6 continued, "Shall we break out of this room, escape from the bonds of your sibling, and find Lucas?"

H6 snapped his forearm out, he retracted a small series of pistons keeping the shell in place to let a door slide across the surface on a incline. With perfect timing he let the pistons return to their standard state and kept the door in place while a barrel revealed itself, laying flat against the surface of his forearm and aligned perfectly to a long scorch mark.
 Back to top »
Kristopher Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, August 08th 2012 01:13am    Post subject:

Kris pat the droid on the back, "That is all fine and dandy, but honestly, I am not sure where to even begin to look. We could head to Naboo, my brother Damian may be more inclined to help, he isn't as dismissive as Bells...." Kris thought about it, running his fingers over the family data pad that connected all them. Lucas was last registered at Bespin. So if he was alive, he obviously didn't want any of them to know about it.

"Naboo might be our best lead." Kris said after thinking it through, "Badim cleared this? You're okay to go with me?"

"Actually, Ma- Badim is no longer my master. I am free as you are." H6 answered. "I have a lot of time."

Kris laughed, "I bet you do. If you ever need a tune up, ever, my family will take care of you. We own the best cybernetic equipment in the galaxy, you know, and as long as there is a Pallanén-Davad around, you'll be well taken care of."

"Your offer is much appreciated, Kris." His tone was kinder than usual, but that might have been only by Kris perceiving it so. Either way, the droid was thankful.

"It's the least I can do, since you're agreeing to help me." Kris smiled, "And I think you have a point, it's time for us to bust out of here.... you wouldn't happen to have an ascension gun tucked away in all that, would you?" Kris looked to the window then back to H6. "We might be able to make an Eastern Mid/Outer Rim shuttle run before anyone notices we're gone....."
 Back to top »
H6-32
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, August 08th 2012 02:20am    Post subject:

H6 snapped his other arm out, repeating a similar set of motion as his right arm to reveal the object Kris was asking for, an ascension cable-launcher, and made his way to the window he had been looking at. He opened it the way most people open windows, shooting it open would add cinematic flare, but it was impractical in this lulled situation.
He saw the setting sun in the window, they were forty-six floors above the ocean surface, and in this light he could see several dozen submersibles with headlights flying through the ocean depths at an approximated thirty-foot depth.

He saw a multitude of landing pads two-hundred seventy-six feet down, five hundred twenty-six-point-three feet to the right.

While H6 looked up to find a perch to latch onto, Kris poked his head out to see the heights.
"I know I said I'd do anything to find my brother, and I did ask for an ascension cable," a puck-king sounded, the ascension cable firing at a balcony several floors above them and latching on, "can we use an elevatoooooooor!!!"

H6 had grabbed Kris by the waist, and jumped out of the window, within seconds Kris was screaming with both frightful and adrenaline-filled laughter. H6 gently slowed the movement of the de-scension cable, until they both landed firmly on the durasteel below.
"Forgive me, Kris," H6 said, "I was caught up in the excitement of jumping from a building, it's been an experience I have not had since Vera Nico jettisoned me into space."

They both began to walk, Kris was a little shaky, "Okay, okay but next time let me know before you just jump out of a building."

They walked a couple feet before Kris had a revelation, "Wait--Vera Nico!?"
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Dac (Mon Calamari)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: