Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Traveler's Tavern, Giju, The Colonies
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Colonies » The Traveler's Tavern, Giju, The Colonies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, August 23rd 2012 07:45pm    Post subject: The Traveler's Tavern, Giju, The Colonies

The Traveler's Tavern was loosely filled. Odd tables dispersed throughout the room with eerie music ruining any chances of overhearing a conversation. Lucas and Dreda entered the room and for the homeworld of the Herglic species, only three where sitting or standing. Two of them were females, which automatically made the third Lumiya's agent. The Force was strong here, but it was with him and Dreda, and like Lumiya had taught him, he bent it to his will. If it was a trap, the Force would crush them.

He approached the table, greeting the man with some generic "hello" before asking the passing bar waitress for a strong Corelliantini. She nodded, flirted for a moment, then parted. The Herglic's massive size was intimidating, but all the fear he typically felt was absent. Something about the darkside of the Force relieved him, set him free of his old Jedi restrictions. "Why ask me to join you for a drink, Kronk? You know we are running on a tight schedule."

"Lady Lumiya is my master, of that we need to be clear little boy, but I have not received my payment, which has doubled since the last time I talked to her."

"If its credits, that will never be a problem." Lucas said, dismissing the claim perhaps premature.

"Credits?" The Herglic laughed deeply, the sound resonating against the table and even caused the tray to rattle as the waitress returned to deliver their drinks. Lucas took one slug and gulped the entirety of his glass, tipping the waitress generously before asking for another. "Lady Lumiya does not pay me solely with credits. She has promised me a woman, boy, and I expect to receive her... and now, I wish to have her entire dowry doubled on your good grace."

Lucas looked at the massive creature, and if it weren't for his talents, Lucas might've killed him where he stood and moved onto their next location. But he was not only one of the best blasterslingers from the Colonies, but the only one that had the tenacious speeder skills that rivaled even the best of Force-users. And they were going to need a getaway driver for what Lumiya had in mind. "I am sure the lady has promised you beautiful women and credit treasures, and you will get them, but only after we complete the job."

The man slammed the pitcher of the beer he was drinking back onto the table, "The woman in question is a princess of a neighbor system. Her hand would solidify a life-long reign of both exuberant joy and wealth that would put an end to these odd jobs. Aligning with Lady Lumiya has not been easy, but a job which lasts a week in filth and requires some of the most sinful acts weighs heavy on my conscience. After the job, I wish to be a happy man, one with a clean slate and fresh start."

Lucas thought about the man's request. "And the woman? Will your lifetime of riches and happiness be equally shared?"

"She will learn to love me." Kronk said, "Now, can you promise me this? Or shall I have these men who are like brothers to me, kill you here and now?" Lucas took a look around and realized that the spread out tables had been abandon and now everyone had a blaster pointing in his direction. "A fresh start, young Lucas, also means killing everyone I know, which I have gathered here today. If you are truly an agent of the great Lady, then kill these people. And together we will leave, from damnation and into pleasure and salvation."

Lucas took his lightsaber from his belt and looked at Dreda. "The trap has been sprung. Kill them, kill them all."
 Back to top »
Droideka 3-0021AK2

Post Posted: Fri, August 24th 2012 01:47am    Post subject:

Dreda complied with the order, and in an instant activated his deflector shield, powered his guns and found the most immediate threat to himself and Lucas. A large Herglic was taken aback at the operating condition of Dreda, and the droid's two, twin blaster cannons fired immediately into the white, thick hide on it's chest. Several blaster bolts tore into him, taking six rounds to penetrate the flesh and into vital organs. He collapsed with having only let a single shot fire, which had bounced off of Lucas' lightsaber and into the chest of another being, Dreda didn't care at the moment to see whether it was a kill-shot and moved onto the next target.

Tables started to be flipped over and the targets took cover behind the durasteel objects. Dreda registered the pattern of their blaster fire, and chose the perfect millisecond to drop his deflector shield and roll across the battleground.

He came out at prime flanking position to a human and a weequay. Before they could react in time to catch Dreda in this vulnerable state, he deployed into firing position and activated his deflector shield once again. Seconds and two rounds from each blaster cannon later they were dead, and Dreda was slowly walking in a slow manner towards his next victims.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, August 26th 2012 03:27am    Post subject:

The Force guided his hand as he brought up the lightsaber and sliced it through the air, the ease of the motion slowed only as it passed through one man's neck and then again as it severed the bartender's blaster arm. Using the Force, Lucas flung the arm across the room, using the energy to tear the flesh from bone and piercing a man in the presumed location of his heart. The droid rolled and executed the rest around him, the bodies all hitting the floor in a clean, consecutive motion. Only Kronk was standing now and took a step back.

"Frak, she did send the best." He said, his massive body lurching across the room, shooting his friends as they lay dying. "I see the Lady has kept her end of the bargain.... the clean slate begins..."

Lucas reattached his lightsaber to his belt just as Dreda powered its deflector shields down. "Good work." Lucas said to his partner. He pulled a holo-transmitter from his pocket. He thought about contacting Lumiya, but decided it would be best to wait until he had assembled all members of her team. He returned the device to his pocket and motioned for the pair to follow him.

The walk back to the ship felt shorter, but possibly because his mind was beginning to travel to Dac. It was strange to be without his friends, but knew that he needed some time away from them. He was beginning to discover the true power, the true nature of the Force, and interacting with them, would only slow him down. The ship's security features took a moment to get through, but once they entered the ship, Lucas felt relieved, breathing in the artificial air, instead of the smog-filth of the planet's atmosphere.

Kronk took a seat, his massive body vibrating the deck slightly, but he didn't speak another word during takeoff. Lucas fired up the engines and transmitted the departing message to the local authorities, before preparing the navigational computer for their next hump. As the atmosphere disappeared and the black realm of empty space overtook them, Kronk spoke again. "Nice little droid you've got here."

"It's useful." Lucas said, "Dreda, is the name."

Kronk nodded in its direction. "You'll come in handy... for what the Lady has in store for us... we're going to need you."

Lucas didn't want to think about it, instead, he just punched the ship into hyperdrive. They were heading to Tatooine.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Colonies » The Traveler's Tavern, Giju, The Colonies
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: