Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Bakura
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Bakura
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selena Krauss
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, April 05th 2011 05:50pm    Post subject:

Chunks of freighters were bumped as the command ship moved closer to the planet. Commander Krauss stood with her hands interlocked behind her back, watching the planet increase in size on the viewscreen. The transmission had been sent to the Grand Admiral, and now, the final remains of the civilian spacecraft would be disposed of, their numbers had dwindled to a pathetic level. "Send an automated transmission to the surface, instruct all citizens to evacuate from all public and private spaceports, a condition of the curfew."

Her officers carried out her order, then something special and magnificent happened. "Madame," His voice was low at first, but as he spoke, it rose in excitement. "I may be mistaken," Krauss cut him off with For your sake, you better not be, but he continued, "We have a craft matching a flagged political vessel in our databanks. Now, he wasn't originally broadcasting any kind of transmitter, but..."

Some of the officers stood up, perhaps it was jealousy, that this young officer made the identification before any of the others. "It's the Millennium Falcon, Commander, I am sure of it."

Krauss twisted to the viewscreen, adrenaline shot a jovial cackle from her lungs as she stomped several times in excitement. "Ah-ha haha," she hissed, "That old Corellian bastard and his rebelwitch must've tried to run our blockade, boys. Our web caught quite the little insect." One of her officers had zoomed and brought the questioned freighter into view. Sure enough, it matched the description of the Falcon. "Turn back a third of the fighters, engage to capture... nothing lethal."

Krauss adjusted her strategy, looking back and towards the cluster of stars behind them. "Bring the fleet about... if Han Solo turned back, the odds are that one of his men got through the blockade. Tell our forces at Bilbringi to send for reinforcements." Her mind buzzed with the possibilities of it all... Zend was pleased at Bakura's capture, but presenting Han, and possibly Leia Organa Solo, was like having 23 in a game of sabaac... for the win.

The Invasion of Bakura First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Tarison Var
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, April 06th 2011 04:07am    Post subject:

Tarison stepped through the ruined city of Salis D’aar. He could easily tell where the turbolaser strikes were going to hit when the bombardment was still going on by detecting the energy output from the laser’s buildup. The bombardment was long over though, and Sara and Davad were departing towards one of the Eastern forests of Bakura.

A swift slash from his blade and another team of Stormtroopers fell. He continued to do this as he returned towards the starport with his shuttle inside it.

No. He wasn’t leaving the planet, doing so and angering his Master’s soon-to-be allies would be foolish for his own life, not only for the dangers of the blockade. But Lumiya’s hand in the Force were on par with his, and with how many allies she has, it’d be difficult to succeed.

He wasn’t departing, he was taking his shuttle towards the forests, the Western variant across the vast river.

Freeze!” A stormtrooper yelled in his direction. With a gesture from his hand, the stormtrooper’s helmet electronics were disabled. Allowing him to slip past the Imperial turbolaser network. But he still had to deal with these…pests. They tore their helmet’s off so they could continue to communicate with each other, and Lord Var saw the varying faces of his victims. He dangled his lightsaber menacingly from his right hand, giving a silent warning to them.
With a flick of his switch he ignited his blade to show the Sith red color of it.

The leader of the team, obviously of senior rank due to graying hairs and a stern, disciplined look, looked worrisome. Noticing the authority in the group, Tarison spoke. “Are you willing to follow a Sith?”

“My loyalty is of the Grand Admiral, Daara Zend.” He spoke, and Tarison sprang into action, coming close to cutting the man’s head off. But he didn’t falter. The resulting scene was loud, and quick.

I thought about having the sergeant and troopers follow Var, but decided against it. Dunno how it would work either. Maybe a few of them survived and follow him? We’ll just have to wait and see until next post!

Code of the Sith
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, April 10th 2011 08:50am    Post subject:

Lucas paused for a moment, remembering the woman in the passenger seat was a journalist. He looked at Sara and pointed to the holocamera between the woman's legs. For now, the explanation would have to wait, as Lucas slipped into meditation, sending his energy about the speeder and to listen to any kind of whisper from the Force. Even the faintest sign of danger ignored could cost them their lives. The air changed from ash and destruction to something a little more pure, the forest filled his lungs as the speeder cruised over the top of the trees. She was no doubt ready to dive into the woods, should a couple of stray TIE fighters spot them. As Nico pressed down and lowered the craft, her signature Firespray-class vessel rested in a small clearing.

Lucas recalled the first time he had seen the space ship, several months ago on Corellia, the night he had first met Tseneca Lowry-Fink. He was playing Sabaac, quite well as he remembered, and she wandered over to his table. She was beautiful then, not that she wasn't any more, but then, she was holding onto something. To Emmett. Something dark prodded his mind, the vivid and heart-wrenching moment the blaster collided to his body, the one man she longed for all those years. He recalled the evening of his burial and the fireflies that seemed to reflect the solemn trance of mourning of those in attendance.

Lucas kept his eyes closed, he remembered having someone there, someone that he could depend on, to hold and embrace. Jonas Eisley, a downed freighter worker on the lost moon of Iego, who arrived on a swoop bike. The same night Firi had taken them into her hovel. Lucas smiled at the memory of the first impression of the angel-human hybrid, in fact, it was a powerful thought. It brought joy, the melody and power of her voice. He longed for that comfort right now, in a world that was beginning to lose everything. Safety, freedom, and everything their people had built for centuries was crashing down around them at the flip of a gunner's switch of the dominion-crazed Imperials from the True Empire.

Sara's fingers touched his arm, and when he opened his eyes, Nico and the reporter had already left, the Khan had powered up its engines... "Lucas?"

"I'm all right," He said to her, unconvincingly, "I was just..."

"Thinking?" Sara finished, "I've been doing that a lot lately too. You kind of have to when a world begins its latter days." She paused, her fingers lifting from his arm in order to open the door. Lucas moved across the backseat and stepped out of the vehicle . Even the forest was silent...

"Where are we going?"

Nico was standing at the end of the ramp, her arms crossed impatiently, "I have two barabels in the city, and we need to get your crew to the Blight Leaper."

"I don't even know-" Lucas started, then suggested, "You know. You know where it is, don't you?"

Nico flashed him a smile, "Someone moved it, but its safe. It isn't safe to return to the hospital, not yet. We need to get a signal to the galaxy on what happened here, then we can return for them."

"We can't leave them..." Sara said.

"We can and we will." Lucas answered quickly, "We have to. We need to get the word out." He adjusted his gaze to face Nico directly, "Your ship can make it through the blockade?"

Nico grinned, "Yes."

Lucas looked over to the red headed companion, and though she had been gone for a while, it was nice to have another member of the Blight Leaper around. He boarded the firespray, and seated himself next to a small view port. The vessel vibrated they lifted off, and as they rose up and out of the outskirts, they were able to see what was left of Salis D’aar...

He dropped his head. It was a dark day.

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, April 25th 2011 01:57am    Post subject:

Tseneca's eyes snapped open.

No wait, back up... her mind was struggling to catch up with her.

The conference with the woman had ended shortly enough, there wasn't much to it. whatever she wanted had to be handled by the regents, and what she wanted was recompensation for a black market spoiled bacta shipment. That was out of Tseneca's jurisdiction. She'd left in a huff.

Sethe was coming to, Jonas was sitting in the hospital room reading. A nurse was tending to Sethes vitals.

"Well?" he said, looking up from the tabloid.

She shrugged. "Not our problem. I'd hate to think we came here for nothing, but im thinking we did." She didnt want to tell Lucas that; looked at her comm to raise him, but saw Sara had contacted her earlier. oops. She pocketed it. It would be fine, she had a feeling thats where the little prince had gone, then, to meet up with her. Who knew, by the end of the day the wierd space left by Badim might be filled again with a previous crew member.

Sethe grunted and tried to sit up. The nurse untightened the straps holding him down.

"Is that wise?" Tseneca asked.

The nurse gave her a silvery stare. "As long as he has the proper dosage of sedative, he can function properly. Until your people come back to us with a reversal, it will have to do. He's harmless for now."

Sethe looked at her sheepishly, his hair mussed and a good day of stubble lining his jaw. "See, im fine..."

She shrugged again, turned and left the room. She needed space. and sleep.

Tseneca's eyes snapped open as something shook the hospital violently. Alarms were blaring, and staff were running chaotically through the rooms building.

"What the--" She ejected herself from the waiting room chair where she'd been sleeping, and was nearly knocked to the floor by a blaring voiceless screaming in her head, a shudder throughout her body. She stumbled and groped the wall, jogging against the flow of nurses and doctors headed in the opposite direction with those infirmed... or worse...

She burst into Sethe's hospital suite, in time to see him dressed and pulling on his jacket. His eyes were hooded, but alert. "The planets under attack--"

"What!? how!?" She gasped. Only moments ago, Bakura was quiet as a resort world, and now. "Never mind! We have to--"

Jonas burst through the door behind her. "They're evacuating us into the bunker down below. and underground medical facility."

"The hell they are." Tseneca whirled around, grabbing her own jacket and the small pouch of vials which contained Sethe's medicine. "Once we get down there, we wont be able to get back out. Lucas and Sara are out there somewhere, not to mention Kyp. We'd do better on the streets." She looked at Sethe. "Can you handle yourself?"

His eyes were pained, but clear. he nodded.

"Good" They made their way out of the hospital, and onto the now hopelessly chaotic streets of Bakura.

So, im just coming into this, if i made any wierd plot issues let me know, i read through everything but i did it quickly. needless to say this is a little backed up.
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, April 26th 2011 02:09pm    Post subject:

Just jumping ahead a little because of my long absence

"There's too many!", Jase shouted from behind cover, hurling his saber and guiding it with the Force, killing two more stormtroopers. He had expected resistance at the spaceport, but not this much. You're getting old, that's what it is... "We can't make it to the Fury! We'll have to figure another way in!", he shouted, checking reflections of the area in building windows as heavy fire rained near his position.

"Sahana! Take out that heavy gun, it is irritating me!" Frowning, he reached into his cloak and activated the remote guidance systems for his beloved ship. At least she'll be fast enough and have the jammers to hide... Activating the systems, he programmed a course to an old hunting grounds of his in the thick Bakuran forests and activated the expensive and highly sophisticated signal jamming systems of the Denora's Fury Within seconds, it shot from the far hangers and flew off at a low altitude to the programmed coordinates. With just enough luck, the Imperials wouldn't be able to track it. Or simply not care.

"Everyone! Cover me!"[/i], he shouted, concentrating on the Force and pulling a rugged looking abandoned speeder to their location. Taking a deep breath after the strain, he leaped into the passenger compartment and hotwired it. [b]"Everyone in! Now!"

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, April 28th 2011 01:35am    Post subject:

He’d be lying if he said this wasn’t what he had signed up for. No, this was exactly what Morgan had signed up for. Or rather, been recruited for.

”These guys sure move fast.” Morgan said as he aimed and fired. One shot hit true, while the other missed when the dead Stormtrooper’s buddy ducked for cover.

Unlike the Jedi, who were all on the streets below, Morgan had used his repulsor lifts to take the rooftops as soon as they had left the tunnels. Once he had been forced down to the streets again when a pair of fighters had flown overhead, but since then the positioning had given him a tremendous advantage.

”This was probably one of the first places they aimed for. They’re trying to cut people off from their transportation.”
”Yeah, but why? They’ve already got the planet locked up tight, don’t they?”
”Air control?”
”OK, that makes sense.”

As a ship lifted off in the background, it finally occurred to Morgan that yes, they truly were trying to get off the planet.

”Huh, you think I should warn them about how suicidal that is?”

"Everyone! Cover me!" He heard from below, but as Morgan looked to see where best to place his shots, he realized he had a bigger problem to attend to. Behind him, he could hear some kind of transport approaching. Firing it’s blaster cannons to force Morgan behind cover of his own, he noticed that it was dropping off soldiers on the same rooftop he inhabited when he looked out to see what he was dealing with. A closer look revealed they weren’t soldiers at all. They were some kind of battle droid. Big ones, by the looks of it.

”Well, sith.”

Though as he considered what might have prompted the Empire to send in that kind of additional firepower, he remembered just who he was working with. Looking down to the streets below, he saw one of the Jedi moving to a beat-up looking speeder that already had Denora working on hotwiring it.

”Well, of course. They probably sent those things the second they heard there was a large team of Jedi running around.”

Looking back at where the droids had landed, he couldn’t help but notice just how fast they were reaching his position. He fired on the closest one, but it took several shots to put it down.

”I think you’re going to need to focus on your aim more for these guys.”

”Ya THINK?” Morgan replied as he took out a grenade and rolled it towards the droids position. It went past the legs of the first one, but the droids behind it moved for cover.

”Great. They’re not only durable, they’re smart.”
”Best kind of droid there is.”
”Yeah, when they’re not trying to kill us!”

Not sure how long he’d hold his position with both the shuttle and the droids breathing down his neck, and having been signaled to the speeder anyway, Morgan fired a grenade from his launcher at the shuttle, then used his cable to hook a line onto the closest droid. With it securely connected, he leapt off the side of the building, bringing the droid with him.

While he was able to stop himself from hitting the ground hard, he was glad to see that flight was not in the droids skill set, hitting the ground with a satisfying thud. Landing on top of it, Morgan finished the droid off by twisting its head, breaking the units neck. That allowed him to easily pull the head right off. Securing his other weapons, he took the droid head in one hand and armed his other hand with a blaster pistol before making his way to the speeder as fast as he could. If he had any expectation of seeing these guys on a regular basis, Morgan had every intention of trying to find out what made them tick.

He just hoped they had their brains located in their heads.

”Not to alarm you,” Morgan said as he got to the speeder and leapt onto the back, using part of the vehicle for cover and his maglocks to secure himself in place. ”But we got new company coming in from the rooftops.”

Holding up the Droid head to show exactly what he meant, Morgan was forced to duck as the first of the droids showed themselves and began shooting at them from above. Using his blaster, he shot the droid in the head. While it went down, the way it did so gave him reason to assume it had gone for cover moreso than it had actually been ‘killed’.

Sahana
Gelus

Post Posted: Mon, May 02nd 2011 11:58am    Post subject:

This day had turned around so fast so quickly. What went from a small and easy trip to get some helpful items turned into an all out war. The Imperials quickly surrounded them as they got to the star port, the rush of adrenaline that Sahana felt from the surprise of battle, overwhelming odds, and large amount of deaths she suddenly felt from this planet was overpowering. Despite her life being on the line, she was enjoying this thoroughly, carrying the Joy of Battle everywhere she went.

Neytiri still lacked an emotion to carry into battle, she seemed very apathetic in battle, and Sahana was one day going to beat that out of her. She was skulking somewhere around this field of battle while Sahana was right up and in front, using a piece of wreckage as cover as she deflected oncoming fire back at stormtroopers.

"Sahana! Take out that heavy gun, it is irritating me!" Jase ordered her. She glanced over her cover to see a trooper carrying a very large multi-barreled rotary cannon. Sahana reached into her bandolier, pulling out something she so ever rarely got to use. Activating it, Sahana tossed it overhead, ever so slightly guiding it with the force until it hit move.

It was an amazing sight as the detonator went off. Everything in a five meter range of the heavy gun was atomized sending a girlish giggle out of her lips. When Denora asked for cover, Sahana obliged. "Neytiri, back me up." Sahana told her through a telepathic link as she stowed her lightsabers, focusing on the force to help her push the debris she was using as cover to cover Jase.

Neytiri re-appeared, blocking several blaster bolts for Sahana now that her cover was gone. Pulling up one of the blasters from a fallen stormtrooper with the force, Sahana opened up fire as her and Neytiri re-grouped with Jase in the speeder. When the bounty hunter also returned with news, Sahana felt annoyance that they also sent droids, droids were no fun to fight.

"Fun." Sahana said with as much sarcasm as she could as she tossed her now ammo less rifle into the air at the their robotic assailants, using a final push from the force to make sure it at least made the distance up to the roof.

Had permission from Neytiri to include her characters actions, she isn’t sure when she will be able to post.

Expand
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, May 04th 2011 08:04am    Post subject:

Jonas accessed a few media terminals, anything to take his mind off the events since Necropolis. Memories danced within his head, flashing in and out, of all the tender moments he had shared with Lucas, now completely void by his attraction to Rylii Kuat. What had happened?

Cloud City - Bespin - Two Weeks Ago

Her body was pressed against his, he was sweating from the motion, as he moved in and out, releasing only when he was finished. Valexxia laughed, giggling in the amount of pleasure she had endured. He could tell she enjoyed every minute of it. There was a chime at the door, Lucas had asked to come in.

Valexxia tapped a red control button, sealing the door. Her eyes trained on him as she ordered, "Tell him to come back later..."

"Lucas, can you come back later."

"- You're not feeling well."

"I'm not feeling well," Jonas added, as he caressed and kissed her palms, leading up to her neck.

"Yeah, uh, sure." Came the Kuati's voice. Jonas could tell that his feelings were bruised, but it didn't matter. Valexxia leaned in to collect her kiss, before pushing him aside.

"You boys are all the same, but you mean the most to me, Jonas Eisley, I hope you remember that. Now I want to you lay down, close your eyes, and forget about everything that just happened. In the morning, when you wake up, you'll stop loving that Pallanen-boy, and instead, you'll try and seduce a new Kuati."

Jonas nodded, some sort of trance put him at every beck and call, anything she asked, he would do. She continued, "I want you to embrace Rylii Kuat, take him, and make him just as happy as you made me. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

"Good, I think its time you sleep now."

Jonas laid back and onto the bed, and closed his eyes. In minutes the fondness for Lucas began to slip from his mind...

Present Day Bakura

Jonas felt like a memory was missing, much like putting something down, and completely forgetting where you had put it. Riles was standing nearby, "Have I missed something?"

"Hmm?" He was always preoccupied with something, not really taking any real effort to make it seem like he was really listening.

"I feel like I've missed something," Jonas said, looking into the mirror. In a way, he didn't understand the reflection, like it wasn't who he was supposed to be. "I don't feel... like me.... You know?"

He took interest in this, the Kuati's eyes shot up. "What do you mean?"

"I'm forgetting something, I know I am, but I can't put my finger on it. It has something to do with you... me... Lucas... and someone else."

"You're crazy." Rylii tossed it off as though it were nothing, but Jonas knew him a little better than that. He seemed extremely interested in this.

Suddenly, in one long streak of black plume, the building across from them exploded. The windows cracked, while others shattered. Rylii moved across and away from the table, and put his fingers below his chin. "You all right, Jonas?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." Pushing the mental confusion aside, he watched Bakura burn. Long red lasers impacted across the cityscape, his legs too frozen to really move.

"This can't be happening," Rylii said, moving close to clasp hands, "This wasn't meant to happen."

A nurse bust through the door. "Get movin' son, we're going to the bunker!"

"Bunker?" Rylii fired back.

"A medical facility underground. Wesa got to be prepared, don't we?" The gungan disappeared, running with her arms full of medical charts. Just before the door closed, she tossed them all aside and helped an elderly wookiee to the lift.

Much like the female gungan nurse, Jonas burst through the door to Sethe's room, "They're evacuating us into the bunker down below, an underground medical facility."

"The hell they are," Tseneca's fired up spirit was what he liked most about her. Jonas turned to face Rylii, only to find, that he had vanished. With Sethe and Tseneca, they entered the battered streets littered with destruction and choatic citizens attempting to flee the city. Luckily, most of the mayhem had taken to the skies in various forms of speeders, hovercraft, and shuttles. Jonas caught a glimpse of a Corellian vessel lift off and take to the sky, oddly looking like the historical Millennium Falcon.

"No way," Tseneca said out loud, but a firing ram from a strange looking battle droid unloaded towards them....

Valexxia First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Rylii Kuat
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, May 04th 2011 08:25am    Post subject:

It was difficult to breathe as Rylii came to the bottom of the medical facility. He used a slicer's pad to enter Tseneca Lowry-Fink, Sethe Bhren and Jonas Eisley onto the check-in list. Bakura was going to hell in a handbasket, and it was time to tie up all the loose ends. He pulled a blaster from a security guard, leaving behind a man in desperate need of medical attention, and lucky for him, he was in the right place.

He unlocked the blaster, removing it from safety-mode and returned to Sethe's room, only to find it deserted. Bastards didn't even wait for me, Rylii figured they might've counted him as a coward at this point, but it didn't matter, the next time they'd meet, he'd blast their skulls wide open. Instead of returning to the bunker, he went up the stairs and onto the rooftop. A nurse was attempting to unload a passenger from an ambulance when Rylii revealed his blaster and shot them all. He came around, instructing the driver to exit the vehicle, before he blasted him across his chest. The ambulance accelerated upwards, the skyline's traffic lanes had been completely ignored, as many citizens began to flee the city.

Rylii pulled a surgical knife from one of the medical kits, and felt around his left arm. He carefully pierced the skin, in order to hit an emergency transponder. It would be the only thing to get through to Lumiya, given the blockade's jamming technology. It was only to be used in the most dire of all circumstances... the world coming down around them with Han Solo MIA (he had driven by the docking port Lohden had chosen, only to find it vacant)...well, that was bad.

Rylii couldn't believe how much bantha shit had really hit the fan. Var was not only on the surface, but he caught a glimpse of the dark figure on top of the private spaceport roof, in lieu of their prize. Not wanting to really engage with another Sith, he floored it... the forest, it was his best chance to sort this all out. Staying in the city was pointless.

Catching a Corellian First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, May 04th 2011 08:56am    Post subject:

The Khan vibrated slightly as she brought her up and over the top of the forest. She had many tricks up her sleeve, including decrypting the abilities and techniques Fink had used to mask his own signature, a small window into the Empire's own ability to track and trace. With a few blackmarket and thousands of credits later, the Firespray had been equipped to slip in and out of sectors with ease. Physically, they were wide open and if the True Empire were looking carefully, they'd be spotted... but the Khan was able to shift colors, and as they entered space, it shifted black. She was glad she agreed to the pricey hull garbage the toyderrian talked her into.

She maintained distance between patrols of TIE fighters, the low energy output would make it difficult for the Empire to track them, though it was possible, just not many knew how to do it. Space was littered with garbage, citizen and military ships had been completely annihilated by the invasion force. Nico closed her eyes, they were about to fly right next to one of the command ships....

They passed gracefully, and a sigh expelled from someone sitting in the passenger's den. She slowly queued up the communication array, using the footage captured by the journalist and sent it directly to her network. Under a special protocol, it would be transmitted directly to Coruscant. "Sent, turning around."

"Wait one damn minute, Nico." The journalist mustered whatever rational courage she had in her body, tied between looked dazed and crazed, "We should get the hell out of here."

"We have friends on the surface, we're going back." Sara injected, and Lucas promptly agreed with her.

Nico smiled, and forced the Khan into a 180. Bakura seemed so far away, but they had a job to do...then, something came on over the comm signal... A distress signal.

"Nico, what is that?" Lucas asked, it seemed like his Jedi senses were tingling, which made her want to gag. They were annoyingly great at these kinds of tingles.

"A distress signal that we will ignore. We have bigger fish to worry about."

"No," Lucas moved closer, "That's something important. Head for it." He repeated the last part, but with a little more authority, "Head for it."

Nico sighed and responded, "This better be worth it. We don't have much time before the stealth's energy is used up. Then we'll have a bunch of angry TIE's on our ass.... and not enough power to land effectively."

She adjusted course, taking them in and towards the distress signal, she had a bad feeling about this...

Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, May 04th 2011 06:46pm    Post subject:

Lucas could feel that the ship sending the distress signal was important, and upon further investigation, they discovered not one, but two friendly signatures. "Holy frak," It was the Star Raptor, only it looked like it was hit pretty bad and lost its communication array. "Look, he's trying to bring it in close to the Falcon."

Nico shifted her weight while pulling on the accelerator and nudging the piloting stick, forcing the Khan into a burst of speed. In a daredevil maneuver she wedged herself between the two vessels. Using a portion of the electronic displays, she typed a single message: Follow Close, which would appear on the hull exposed to his side of the vessel.

Nico extended the jammers, bringing both ships under the cloak, but the energy meter went from green to red in seconds. "Shit." Lucas said, a little shocked, "How long?"

"A minute, probably. Shouldn't last any longer than that." Nico fired back, shooting a tow cable onto the Falcon. "Send them a message, we need to get out of here, and quick."

Lucas mounted the communication mic, and quickly said, "Captain Solo, this is Lucas, uh, Pallanen... I believe you know my mother..and my father, Ryan Davad." Lucas looked over to Nico who was stripping powers from nonessential systems: comms, escape pods, even lifesupport. "Anakin, I'm his apprentice." Lucas felt a cold sting, it had been a while since he had checked in with his Master.

"Wrap it up, Lucas, tell him to punch it or we'll tow his ass back down to Bakura."

"Right, Captain, we've got a jammer around us, and the Star Raptor. Only problem is, well, its not meant to handle this amount of mass. We're going to lose it any second, and become three fresh energy dots on Imperial radars. I suggest you do what you need to do and do it fast.We've sent an energy cable, which we can use to squeeze some extra power into the Falcon, or we can tow. Do you read me? Over."

He waited. They all did. Lucas watched the meter which warned against overheating... they were about to reach critical.

Tag: Han, Cheapy
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, May 05th 2011 11:53am    Post subject:

Jonas shouldered her and, in effect, Sethe backward on reflex, knocking the both of them behind the safety of a blaster burnt wall. Tseneca ignited her lightsaber and caught a blaster bolt a few centimeters in front of his face, to return the favor. Jonas cursed at what she knew must be the smell of his hair burning.

"This is bad." Sethe had pulled out his blaster and was shooting over her. She leaned back further into the wall. His sweat smelled acrid, and it made her shudder.

"Oh please, we've been in worse than this." It was false sentiment. If she had any idea what the hell was going on on this sith forsaken planet, she'd have felt better. Had she been able to raise Lucas, or Sara or Kyp, maybe they could have explained why Bakura was being attacked by Imps in the middle of what was only hours before an optimal spring day; Why there was a dogfight up there, and a firefight below, why she was in the middle of it. She closed her eyes, trying to reach out to Lucas, to Kyp, to anyone. But was met with a stubborn silence.

She thought the droid had just been shooting at anything that moved, but this thing obviously wasn't stupid. It had caught on to them and was closing in.

Sethe was pressing in on her and Jonas was taking cover behind the both of them. They couldn't just sit here cowering like dogs.

"Cover me." She hissed, and, against Sethe's protests tuck and rolled under the fire of the droid to the opposite side of the market. It trailed her, even as she deflected the shots aimed at her as she rolled beneath a stall. She flipped the table over to make better cover, dust rising into the air and making her eyes water.

The thing shot at her, its back turned to Sethe and Jonas, who took full advantage of its now exposed undercarriage. A few shots to its pelvis and the thing shuddered and its firing faltared. She shot forward, arcing her lightsaber and coming down on its durasteel skull. With a pop and the sound of mechanisms churning painfully, the thing collapsed and died.
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, May 05th 2011 12:36pm    Post subject:

Sethe took Tseneca's arm as she jogged back across the market place to where they were. She shook him off with a harmless but pointed jerk. He released her.

"We have to keep moving." She said, and they took a moment to look around. The streets were in absolute chaos. Fire was raining on the ground and in the sky as what was now an apparant invasion rained. Jonas had filled them in on Zends fleets appearence. Civilians were running for cover in buildings that wouldn't stand the fire above. this wasn't the first time Bakura had been under attack, and yet they were decidedly unprepared for it.

"They're getting pummeled up there." Jonas said.

Tseneca snorted. "We are getting pummeled down here." She nodded her head toward the stormtroopers who were littering the streets like insects, shooting first and asking questions later. The backed into an alleyway, walking briskly, trying to find a place to stay out of the way"I can't get a hold of anyone either. Not even SAMM's responding. I have no idea where the Leaper is."

"We couldn't just leave" Jonas said. Not without Ryles, or the others."

That last part was an addition. Tseneca squinted at Jonas, calculating. Admittedly, the boy's eyes were dark around the edges, he didn't avert his gaze from either of them.

Away from the city center, the streets of Bakura were like a ghost town. If there had been a breeze the silence would have deadened it. Sethe craned his neck upward, watching the thunderclouds of star destroyers just above atmo, their blaze sending trails of ozone through the air like static. This is what Emmett had deserted... no wonder.

"He had no idea?" Tseneca asked, as if reading his mind.

"If he did, he never said anything. And anyway, there wasn't time. With the coup on Thyferra, it was priorities first."

"Thats not like him." She said as they glided from shadow to shadow. Even with the relative quiet, there was no doubt about the danger they were in here. They had to find someplace to hide. "If he knew they were going to attack, he would have said something. To you, or to me especially."

"But he didn't. And it couldn't have been possible he didnt know about a resurgence. He and Selena Krauss where head commander's under Zend, thats why he left, even facing the penalty of desertion."

"He left to find me." She said, so certain.

He turned to her. "And what makes you sure he would have stayed even if he was sure you were dead? He told me he couldn't take more of the Empire, even after so long."

"But he could have left long before that."

Sethe nodded. Emmett had known about this, but said nothing. That was the only explanation. He felt betrayed. If there had been some warning...

Jonas gave a sharp, short whistle. He'd been scouting ahead, looking for a place to hide, something. They caught up to him. There, in the back alley they had wandered into, was a inlet, and what looked like a shop or a dwelling. Jonas had used his sleeve to wipe away the smut that clouded the little pane of glass. Tseneca leaned forward to peer inside.

"It looks empty." She said. It would be a good place to hide, as much as he didn't want to cower like that. they didn't have a choice, they weren't anywhere without a ship and shooting around like resistance fighters was only going to get them killed. He looked in over her shoulder. The room was covered in full chairs lined in brocade, walls covered in dark embellished decorative paper.

"It looks like a whorehouse." He stated finally. Jonas was already jimmying the lock with a hairpin rod he must have been carrying in his pocket. "or a wealthy lodger with bad taste."

There was a click and Jonas pushed the door open, releasing a little puff of dust and the strong smell of acrid potpourri. Tseneca took the lead, stepping carefully over the threshold, her lightsaber strapped to her side, but her blaster shouldered. They squinted against the dim lighting.

"I don't know if--"

Tseneca never finished her sentence. Instead the door shut and latched behind them causing Sethe, the last one in to turn sharply around, only to find his face pressed with the barrel of a blaster.

He raised his hands, his eyes meeting the gaze of a raven haired woman clad in... not much.

"Definitely a whorehouse." He said with finality.

We are gonna hide out here for a while, make some unlikely allies here on the ground.

Tag: alex
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, May 05th 2011 01:36pm    Post subject:

Jonas lowered his weapon, they were clearly outnumbered. Tseneca kept hers trained on the one holding Sethe at blasterpoint, but it was a fruitless endeavor. "Lower your weapon, sweetheart." The raven-haired woman, her voice was demanding, though not harsh. "I'm not going to count to three," she swiped Sethe's legs, bringing him to his knees.

"Aw, give it a rest Tseneca, if they wanted us dead, they would've done so." Jonas tried to sound a little less... threatening, attempting to toss a vacation-world accent into the mix.

"Do as the young lad says, or I blow his frakkin' head off." Jonas gulped, loudly, to pass that he was geniunely afraid for what they might do to him... to all of them.

"Listen, girls, women, ladies," He tried to sound a little like Lucas this time around, pulling on his charismatic charm, "We're all friends here, looking for a roof."

"Shut up." The woman shot a blast in the hair, just as Tsenca holstered her weapon. "Good, now tie them up... and...take their weapons." The woman leaned towards the window, though her face didn't move, she was probably checking to see if they had been followed. And lucky for them, they hadn't.

A large breasted woman emerged with an assault rifle, her arms flexed unusual amount of muscle as she stood out and in front of them. "You mercs are going to pay." Jonas didn't understand, but decided to keep his mouth shut this time, he wasn't really great at diplomacy. He'd trade anything to run Iego a third time around, but being on the surface during an orbital bombardment followed by massive ground invasion, well, it worse.

"Hey Luella, this one gots one of them sabers." Jonas glanced over and watched as a brunette dressed up like a slave dancer pulled the silver tube off Tseneca's side. The pregnant woman rolled her eyes, as several of the other women looked them up and down. "What's your story, any ways?"

"We were here for a bacta contract-," Jonas opened his mouth and realized that revealing Tseneca happened to be one of the richest women in the galaxy to a bunch of.... poor women... wasn't the best ideas, "to pursue a bacta contract for our...mining operation off... Kessel."

Kessel? Jonas groaned, he wasn't good at this at all, "Kessel?" Luella seemed to mimic his inner thought, "So you're working for the Empire.... figured, we spotted you with those stormtroopers and battle droids."

Jonas opened his mouth, and shut it again, looking to Tseneca, maybe she'd be able to explain this a whole lot better than he had. He looked over to one of the twi'leks who shook her head and cocked a small blaster she had pulled from her thong strap. "Let me at one of them... I'll get 'em to talk."
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, May 05th 2011 04:16pm    Post subject:

It was more of the fact that they were constantly stumbling into situations like this that irritated Tseneca, and than the fact that this was the second time in a month someone had taken her lightsaber, disregarding the situation that almost twelve scanitly clad women were holding them at gun point.

They were being tethered together by a finely knit curtain rope.
"Is this really necessary?" She asked a blonde with dark eyes and a button nose. The Blonde glanced at her with a swift 'just-following-orders' apology.

Sethe was stiff against her side. "We aren't Mercs, we're freelancers." He grumbled as the women moved around them, blasters trained on them. one of them pushed aside the edge of his jacket and fished out the folio of syringes and vials.

"This one's packin'." She said, tossing the folio to the large breasted woman. She unfolded it and her eyes narrowed at the labels. She looked over at the one named Luella.

"They're Bakuran" She said.

"Thats what we are trying to tell you." Tseneca said, pulling a little at the bonds. "We aren't Empire, we escaped from the hospital during the fire fight."

The busty woman seemed considered this. The Twi'lek with the small blaster was siding up to Sethe like reptile, tugging the buttons of his shirt open. She smiled, her full lips pursing as she leered. "This ones not bad looking..." She hissed, and Sethe bucked away from her.

Luella took the packet back and siezed hold of the lightsaber. She prodded the Twi'lek off of Sethe with the back of it. "Not now, Nini. Come with me to take these to Gessma. Then we'll see."

It seemed like an hour before Luella came back, followed by an older woman, with dark hair and khol-rimmed eyes. The Twi'Lek was not among them. The woman had a serious expression, and pointed a long polished finger at the young blonde. "Rueth, untie them." The girl did as she was told. The woman fixed Tseneca with a hard stare.

"You should have knocked. My girls have a strong policy about breaking and entering."

Tseneca inhaled as Rueth unkotted the bindings, giving her an apologetic look. Something about the young girl reminded her of Firi, while at the same time, made her cautious. She smelled of spice and ragweed. Tseneca looked back at the older woman, and humbled herself. If the woman was untying them, there had to be a reason.

"You'll have to forgive us. We were desperate. And the room looked empty." She said.

Luella snorted derisively, but the woman sobered her with a hard glance. "It is a matter of caution." She said as the three of them, free, rose. She gestured to a seat out of the view of the window. From the outside it was apparent that this dwelling was abandoned, which it obviously was not. The common living space was tucked into a concave away from prying eyes. "Can I get you something to drink?"

The woman's hospitality was unexpected, but not unwelcome. Tseneca shook her head. "we'll make our way, we don't want to trouble you."

She shook her hand in dismissal, then motioned for one of the girls to bring her something liquid with ice in it. She pulled her robe around her more tightly, covering her large breasts and ivory white declate. She leaned forward. "Introductions should be made first. I am Mamma Gessma,
this is one of the very few brothels in Bakura as you've probably guessed. You've come far enough from the city center that you found us, which is not an easy task, even for people who look."

"Is that what you put in your newspaper advertisement." Jonas joked, but Mamma Gessma glared at him. He averted his eyes.

"If your so far removed, why bother?" Tseneca asked bluntly. She had a feeling Gessma would respect frankness rather than anything else.

"You'd be surprised to what extent men will go to find their pleasure. This isn't a booking agency, nor is it a bawdy house. They come, they do their business and they leave, plain and simple."

Sethe nodded curtly. It wasn't in the interest of these women do put up a show, they were working girls who do just that. Thusly, it made the perfect hideout away from the invasion, practically non existant.

"I'm offering this explaination to you by way of apolgy." Gessma said, leaning back. "And in return, I think you owe us the same." She produced from her robes Tseneca's lightsaber and The folio of sedatives.

Sethe glanced at Tseneca, who was considering heavily the weight of all of this. By the looks of the armed women at the door and the dismissal of her offer to leave, taking off was not an option. Whether or not they were prisoners or carefully treated guests, she wasn't certain. Nor could she be certain until time was given to tell. She had no idea what Gessma wanted here.

"I'm a freighter Captain." Tseneca said finally. "I transport freight. We had a client here on the planet who was supposed to give us a supply of bacta we would be taking to mines among the core planets."

Gessma narrowed her eyes. "My women seem to be under the impression you were pursuing a mining contract for an operation off kessel."

This time, Tseneca waved her hand. "He exaggerated. We're getting bacta for Kessel. Our operation's out of Corouscant. My copilot here's... sick. She gestured to Sethe. "We had to take him to the hospital to get treatment when the invasion hit. We were separated from the rest of my crew."

Gessma held up the lightsaber. "What of this?" She asked.

"Spoils, what else." Tseneca grinned. "Comes in handy though."

Gessma held her eyes for a moment, then nodded, satisfied. If there was one thing Tseneca could say for herself, it was that she was an excellent liar.

"What about you?" The woman looked at Sethe.

"Tydreannian Syndrome." He said without flinching. "Unless you want chaos in this house rather than just out, I suggest you give those back to me."

Tseneca hadn't looked at him, really looked at him for a few hours since they'd left the hospital. Sure enough, his eyes had regained that yellowed jaundice and his cheeks were sheened with sweat. He would need another treatment, and soon.

Gessma nodded and passed both the folio and lightsaber across the table. She looked at them each in turn. "I think then, what we have is a bargain, on individual terms. I can't let you leave. Not yet. as you can understand our whereabouts are important to be kept secret, not just from the imperials, but from the Bakuran government as well."

"we wouldnt--" Jonas started, But Gessma raised a hand.

"My young women have lives here that cannot and shall not be disrupted, and it falls on me to protect them. When the invasion is over, and when I have asessed you, then you may go. Until then, you will have food, and shelter here, and safe harbor. I hope I have made myself clear."

Not entirely, thought Tseneca. They were prostitutes, why were they conducting themselves as if they were a kind of mafia? But she nodded, and Gessma sagely nodded. "Rueth, take them to the vacants. Make sure they are comfortible."

Tseneca breathed inwardly. She had a bad feeling about this...
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, May 05th 2011 04:42pm    Post subject:

In all her years, she never thought she'd be towing the legendary Han Solo and his wife in the Millennium Falcon towards a planet under siege by a forgotten Imperial force spreading over the galaxy from the Unknown Regions. She shut the cockpit doors, locking her and Lucas inside, as it lessened any kind of distractions from the other passengers. Getting the Millennium Falcon to Bakura was the easy part, using the tow cable to bring the old freighter a little closer, she tightened the safety strap. It was about to get interesting. She stopped reeling in the YT-2400, leaving enough space for the vessel to buck.

"The Star Raptor is close behind.... all systems reaching critical levels." Lucas called out, and though she wasn't gifted with the Jedi's ability, she could tell he was nervous. She didn't give him the comforting backpat his mother would've, instead, she ignored him and maintained her focus on their decline into Bakura's atmosphere. Her hands glided over the controls, moving as fast as they could to adjust course and energy between core systems, while adjusting their descent to assist Solo.

"Jammers are down," Lucas added, but it didn't matter. Imperial forces had sent the entire city into a smokescreen, and wreckage and fleeing speeders sent the radar into a frenzy. But they weren't quite there yet...

Vera shifted in her seat, feeling as though the entire fate of the galaxy rested on her shoulders, she had to make this landing. The superheated re-entry had begun, red glazed the viewscreens, the ship vibrated and shook violently in some pockets. Nico shifted energy, the very last remnants of her reserves, to keep the shields around both vessels. "They are not going to make it." Lucas breathed, his eyes were shut now as she glanced over to him.

"You don't know that!" Nico shouted, refusing to believe he had the ability to see that. "You keep your frakkin' mouth shut, and let me land the damn ships." Overhead the Star Raptor overtook them, before balancing out in front of them. That certainly made things a lot easier.

As if things weren't bad enough, an enemy fighter was heading straight towards them, no doubt the signature scream of the TIE fighter calling for blood as it closed in. Lucas shifted his body, his fingers grabbing the trigger.

"You only have one shot." Vera shouted, "Make it count." Red bolts nearly pinged against their hull, but as the precious seconds turned into agonizing moments, the Khan released one last hoorah of a missile. It impacted and caused the Imperial fighter to explode. "Nice."

The hardest part of re-entry had finished, but landing the Millennium Falcon would be extremely difficult, and they needed to be out of the way. Luckily for them, they had entered about the same location as they left. The Star Raptor was in much better shape and broke formation to give them a little breathing room. Selanno would have a lot of questions when they landed, that is, if they all made it.

Not counting their banthas before a Tuskan raid, she diverted their course slightly, so they could use the river to cushion the grind. Selanno had sent his ship into it first, but disappeared completely as he turned into the forest. She rubbed the Khan's console, it was like comforting a friend before pulling out a knife and gutting him. She hoped it would be quick.

"Hang on." She called out, sending one last energy pulse into the collective shields, allowing the Khan and the Falcon to hit the water with less force. The safety belts tightened around her, and she could hear the journalist gasp and gag at the violent jerk. They skid across the river, using the water to slow them down, but any longer, and they risked sinking the Falcon. Using the control stick, Vera turned into the forest. Smaller trees buckled instantly and were swallowed beneath the hull, but some of the bigger ones ripped and tore the Khan's many accessories right off the hull.

The largest one stopped them completely. They made it.

"SHI-" Lucas called out, just as the Falcon slammed into them.

NOTE: Cheapy, I know you'd be okay with this, but if for some reason you'd like me to change something let me know. I felt like you would've wanted to play a bit of a hero, while coming down to the surface with us. I had you disappear into the forest, allowing us to continue to play, but giving you the opportunity to join us the moment you come back. Hope to see you soon bud. :)

Tag: Han, Cheapy
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, May 05th 2011 06:05pm    Post subject:

The girl, Rueth, led them past what looked like a small foyer and down, into an unraveling of a hallway. most of the place, it appeared, was underground. Sconces with a type of tallow-based lamp system lined the walls. It was dim, and slightly gloomy, but warm and deep enough underground that Sethe was almost certain of their safety from what was going on above.

Rueth didn's talk much, just led them along the hallway until they came to a door, where she pressed the latch and showed them in. She nodded courteously and left, shutting the door behind them.

The room was furnished well, covered with the same dark brocade of the sitting room above. Heavy tapestry's covered the wall, and the room was made crowded by a velvet divan and mirrored dressing table. an ample velvet canopied bed sat in the middle of it all.

"Honeymoon suite." Jonas teased and plopped down on the divan.

"Hardly." Tseneca was bristling. Sethe made a motion to touch her shoulder, but she flinched away from him, making an excuse to examine the closets and the 'fresher. He instead, crouched near the beside table and scanned it for bugs. However old fashioned, Sethe had known his share of prostitutes in his day, and these were not your average hookers. His hands came up empty. Surely, they were prisoners of a sort, but Gessma obviously didnt care about denying them their privacy.

Tseneca came back in. "Nice tub..." She said, in a half hearted attempt at levity. The bruise on her cheek was faded to a light blue and yellow hue, but her eyes were dark underneath. She sat on the other edge of the bed.
"I don't get it..."

Sethe shrugged. "nothing to get right now, they gave us back our personals, we should just wait and see."

"we need to get a hold of the others. Coral, Kyp, Allison, Ryles and Lucas."

"If your going to do that, do it discretely, somehow i don't think the madam would appreciate you making calls." Sethe told her as she removed her comm unit from her boot. "Although they could do a better job of frisking."

He felt a sharp pain in his temple and pushed a hand up and around his neck where the tendons met. It was a good idea, her getting a hold of Lucas and the others, as it stood, no-one knew where they were, and there was no telling who was safe. He looked over at Jonas, the boy was examining the room. He wondered why he wasn't more worried about Lucas, considering the brevity of what was happening above their heads.

"You need to take your sedative." Tseneca's voice cut through his thoughts. He nodded and pulled the Folio out, unclipping a vial and saringe. Part of him wanted to know how long he could stay normal on a dose, but he didn't want to risk it. Not after what he had done...

He took care of it. Something about the process was easy. Immediately, he felt himself calm down, the headache slowly ceasing, his muscles stop the perpetual contracting in his arms and legs. He looked up, but Tseneca didnt meet his gaze, she was busying herself with the comm, adjusting the frequency.

"Lucas? Lucas, come in?"...
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, May 06th 2011 10:08am    Post subject:

He felt the warm liquid drip off his forehead and splash against the console he was resting om. His hands moved across his body and for the most part, he was intact. The woman next to him groaned as she wiped chunks of her beloved firespray off her clothing. Lucas unsnapped the safety harness, just as Nico called out, "Wait!" It was too late, as he turned to get out of the chair, he fell against the doors, forgetting the contorted position they landed in. It took his breath away, forcing him to curl into a ball momentarily to collect himself. Before he unraveled to breathe, and accept the fact they were all alive, considering the feat they had just performed.

"You all right?" He asked, and the interplanetary terrorist nodded. "Can you get this door open, or am I going to have to do it manually?" Nico fiddled with the controls, her eyes shifted and gave him a long stare that dropped to his lightsaber. "Very well then," he said, just before he sliced through the door. He kicked the loose chunk of metal and dropped into the cabin where Sara was still tied in. She was unconscious, but he could tell she was breathing. Lucas approached her carefully, unsure whether or not to wake her in the current circumstance.

"Something smells aweful down there, did someone vomit?" Nico grumbled, before sticking her head down. "Oh." The journalist they had brought along, one that delivered the news story of the True Empire's attack, was dead. Her body had been crushed by a crippled bulkhead, and unfortunate proximity meant Sara was drenched in the woman's blood and entrails. Lucas looked at her somberly, this was likely to scar the woman.

Lucas removed his jacket, and set it aside, using a couple pieces of cloth Nico retrieved from an exposed cargo basket, he approached her and began to wipe the woman's remains off. It was disgusting, but it was better than waking her to this. He used the Force to push and remove the larger chunks of flesh, before he undid the safety harness and carried the brunette outside.

He lowered her into the grass, taking the last of the cloth to remove any kind of blood from her skin, before wiping his hands, and tossing it aside. He retrieved a comm signal. "We have to call the others."

"The signal is jammed, don't worry about it." Nico breathed, she was facing the Millennium Falcon, "When Han Solo emerges, I don't think he'll like that I'm here."

Lucas shuffled his feet, "I think it might be awkward with me as well, he sorta, backed out of a deal with my father." It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, in fact, his father respected the man's decision, but it was still a little weird.

"Lucas? Lucas, come in..." It was Tseneca Lowry-Fink. He smiled slightly as he put the mic to his lips, "Tseneca, I'm here." He let that sink in for a moment, "Where are you?"

"Uh... long story. We've met some... friends." Lucas knew she was leaving something out, but decided now wasn't the time for the two to catch up. "You wouldn't happen to be in the city, would you?"

"No." He looked around, "We are in a forest, quite a bit away, actually. I'm sending you the coordinates now. We've got... the Corellian, if you know what I mean."

There was some static, he was surprised they were working so well to begin with. He was proud of his father's holocommunication's work, the devices operated on a different system than anything else previously designed in the galaxy, which made the True Empire's jammers a little less...effective. "Lucas, stay there, we are coming."

The transmission closed and he rotated the dial so he could reach Alisson. "Alisson, I'd like you to stay in the city, scout out what the Empire is bringing in, and report back every hour. If you don't, I'll know something went wrong, and I'll come for you."

"I will, but don't come for me, if they capture me. I have a protocol your father designed for me."

Lucas felt his whole body sink. A protocol? "What do you mean?"

"Nothing, Lucas. I won't be caught. Alisson out." The transmission clicked to an end. He switched to Master Durron, whether Lucas wanted to be around the man or not, they needed him right now. He wasn't sure if the message got through, but one was sent any ways. Next was Coral. Again, no answer. He hoped they were okay.

There was a violent cough, as Sara came to....

Tag: Orrion Carn, Han, Jessie, Kyp
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, May 06th 2011 12:57pm    Post subject:

It was relief to see the heavy gun go down. With the chaos it caused, it gave Dryas a moment of relief in which he could stop concentrating so hard on trying to block the soldiers shots back at them with his saber. Using the opening, he rushed forward for the speeder, giving his speed a Force boost. Halfway there, he looked behind him just in time to block a blaster shot from the rooftops. They had traded one series of foes for another.

With another burst of Force Energy, the Bothan lept the rest of the way to the hijacked speeder and landed on top of it.

“That’s everyeone! Might I suggest we get moving?” The cyborg reported, though Dryas wasn’t sure whether he was trying to keep Denora informed or if there was something else on his mind.

Expand
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, May 06th 2011 09:46pm    Post subject:

(OOC: Redhead :p )

Sara stirred, her mind fogged from the crash. The last thing she remembered was being with the journalist, she had been freaking out and Sara was doing her best to calm her. A moment later and she heard the wrenching noise of two ships colliding. She saw a flash of metal before her and then… Nothing. Had she died? She seemed to be coming to that thought a lot lately. The journeys with the crew, Badim, Sean, everyone. The Galaxy had escalated so quickly with the return of The Empire.

Her mind was awakening, as were her senses. Her first breath was clogged and she let out a loud cough to clear her throat. She wasn’t dead. Her feeling came back, she felt slick and sticky. Her eyes opened slowly to the forests Nico had brought them to before they went into orbit. Or in the least a different area. The skies were red and black from the orbital bombardment, the smoke, the destruction. This all happened so fast.

Sara looked down on her sticky body, seeing the remains of gore and blood on her. How badly injured was she!? She didn’t feel pain… Why was she covered in blood?

“Lucas!?” She cried out in distress to the only name she knew at the moment. Nico came later, but knowing her she‘d be the last person Sara would call to. Trying to crawl away from herself towards the sound of water nearby.

“Sara, easy!” Lucas called back. Clipping his comlink back to his belt and coming to her.

“W-what the hell happened!?”

“The…journalist…” Lucas tried to put in into words, but Sara quickly got the picture after a quick look around. Sara didn’t see the journalist anywhere, she looked around once more to be sure but she had a vague understanding of what happened. “…She didn’t make it.”

That was all the incentive she needed to turn away from Lucas, try and get as close to the nearest bush as she could and begin to empty what she had in her stomach.

Tag: Alex
Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest

Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, May 07th 2011 05:55am    Post subject:

Light was swallowed by the destruction of Salis D'aar. Her arm was holding her blaster steady, a stormtrooper's body dropped to the floor as she stepped over him to collect several pieces of equipment, after all, it was in her nature to collect as many samples as possible. She put his communication piece up to her ear, using a piece of wire to hold it in place, as she cruised the ally way and eliminated his entire team. The droids were much more difficult, their armor was thick and built to survive a few blasts. She dragged one to the side and into an abandoned bakery shop. Using one of the baker's lazer tools, she started the tedious process of removing the outer sheet of metal.

It was a wonder inside, with wild technology fused with some older Imperial designs. She marveled at the advancement Admiral Zend had procured in her time in the Unknown. Some of it looked alien, foreign, beyond the galaxy's usual. It was probable they found civilizations out there... traded or enslaved with them, likely the latter. Coral removed what looked like the brain of the mechanical beast, slapping it inside of her bag. She strapped a piece of an explosive to the interior and removed the fuse.

"Frequency compromised, all units, switch to Beta-Three-Six-Twelve"

Coral removed the earpiece, it had been valuable enough to eliminate a squad. She tossed it over the railing, while watching a building in the distance buckle and fall into the ground. A minor vibration occurred beneath her feet as she wondered how many Bakurans died today. It was one thing to attack military settlements, but to destroy so many civilian buildings... Coral had to remind herself, this wasn't the Remnant. It wasn't a shadow, but the real deal. Newly appointed Emperor Jendob was more of a passive politician than a true Imperial, Zend made that clear today with acts that would've made Emperor Palpatine laugh with bloodlust in his grave, had he not been vaporized by the core of the Second Death Star.

She turned the corner, she needed a speeder or something that could get her out of the city. The Imperials were landing by the thousands now, and it wouldn't be long before they locked down the city, especially with a curfew in place. All the minor spaceports had been vaporized or seized for Imperial landing ports.

She retrieved the comm device the crew of the Blight Leaper had used. The screen was cracked and most of device's body had been crushed in the attack. She had been standing in a New Republic embassy, when the attack occurred. Most of them attempted to flee the planet, despite her reservations. They were likely destroyed in their attempted escape.

Coral fiddled with it, but it was pointless, it was broken and beyond repair. She tossed it into a trash can, though it was ironic, for the whole world was garbage now. It would take decades to recover and terraform the destroyed portions.

A small housepet emerged in the distance, it looked bloody and it was missing one of its paws.... it must've chewed itself loose of its entrapment. Coral bent down and attempted to call the creature, the least she could do was tie the wound so it wouldn't bleed out. The pet came, slowly, and she could hear the faint whimpers.

Suddenly, the pet exploded and behind it stood a tall battledroid of the True Empire. "Bakuran citizen, identify yourself!"

Coral cursed beneath her breath, "My name is Katya Lok, I work as an assistant to Parliament."

"Negative. Katya Lok has been eliminated." Coral was impressed with the amount of information it processed, but it meant bad news. The droid began to open fire, she managed to dodge the first, but it was the second that nailed her leg. It went numb, it wasn't a blast, instead she had been stunned. Everything went black.

There were about thirty voices, some cries and angry laments as she regained consciousness. Her heart pounded, she was no longer on Bakura, instead, she felt the coolness of space, and gliding sensation as they passed through the planet's atmosphere. She slowly opened her eyes to find a strange collection of people, most with prominent military badges or political affiliations.

"Where are we going?" Coral asked out loud and to no one in particular.

An older woman sitting on the edge of her seat smiled, placing her hand ontop of Corals. "We are going to hell, little one. We are to be processed by the Imperial command ship. Those valuable will be kept, those not, sentenced to either a prison camp or, more likely, shot on the spot."

A younger child, maybe sixteen years, cried into his mother's shoulder. Coral looked at the older woman, then to the small viewport the group had. Sure enough, a clearly modified Star Destroyer appeared in the distance.

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, May 07th 2011 10:44pm    Post subject:

After a while her stomach had eased and she had washed herself off in the nearby river. Her clothes still faintly held the foul smell, but she didn’t have much time to be thorough. Having tried to clean herself off as quickly, and respectfully as she could, suffice to say it wasn’t an easy task to accomplish. She’d clean herself off more carefully when she had the time, but for now she’d have to live it with.

Sara returned to the landing site. On the way deactivating her comlink to keep the Empire from finding their location. She left communications to Lucas, too much comm traffic out here and the Empire was sure to pick up the extra chatter. Hopefully they could get away with it for a while, but once the ground forces were on the ground and Imperial chatter slowed, it’d be easier to track the random chat.

She noticed Nico and instinctively placed a casual hand to her lightsaber, only to notice she had lost it during the crash. Frak, she cursed. If Nico decided to start shooting I’m dead--

“Sara.” Nico called, a chrome cylinder was in her hand, the distinct shape of a focusing emitter on the end of it. Sara’s lightsaber. “Catch.”

Nico tossed it into the air and Sara retrieved it with a gesture, clipping it to her belt. “So what’s the story? Lucas mentioned a long story with why we’re not killing each other right now.”

Sara leaned against a tree, a faint shiver from the experience she had just gone through made itself apparent. Not only was this her second crash landing in the past few months, but this time someone died. She waved her arms casually, “Or is it as simple as we’re friends now?” said Sara. “Frankly, I find that hard to believe with the bomb you set off in the stock exchange on Denon.”

Tag: Alex
Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest

Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Sun, May 08th 2011 01:07am    Post subject:

The view outside the forward viewport was nothing more than a smeared mess of mud, dirt and a wide collection of other natural elements that had adhered themselves to the transparisteel on the trip down to the surface. At one point, they had been skimming along the top of the river and in the next, they had come to rest on solid ground, taking along every tree, every bush and every plant in their path. It was nearly impossible to tell where they had run aground, but one thing was certain - they were very much alive.

Taking in a long, slow breath, Han pushed himself free of the crash webbing and leaned forward in the pilot's chair, rubbing the bridge of his nose and mentally thanking whatever gods that were watching over them for sparing them to live another day. Of course, it still could have been luck, but Han was reaching an age where that kind of novelty was beginning to wear off. There's only two sides to every coin and too much had happened over the years to just write it all off as coincidence. Someone or something else had to be watching over them.

"Well, that wasn't so bad," he uttered to the other occupants of the cockpit with a small smile, pushing himself away from the pilot's chair and rising shakily to his feet. "Everyone alright?"

He took a final glance at the marred viewport and the malfunctioning control console before heading aft, making mental notes to assist in the repair process later on. Unfortunately, they were going to have their work cut out for them.

"Now to find out the full extent of the damage," he added, punching in the override to lower the landing ramp. "And thank that crazy bastard for allowing us to tag along for the ride."

With a low whine of protest, the landing ramp slowly lowered from the belly of the Falcon and planted itself firmly into the marshy ground below. Han grimaced at the telltale "squish" as it hit the surface and prepared himself to sink ankle-deep in the mush. Leave it to a bunch of kids to find the ideal place to roll around in the mud...

Breathing in the scent of the humid, swampy air around him, Han stepped down the ramp and onto Bakura's surface. He slowly started to inspect the Falcon, rubbing certain parts of her hull and picking at marks of carbon scoring as he moved, all the while keeping a careful eye on the surrounding grassland for any other survivors.

Tag: Alex, Cray, Orrion Carn
 Back to top »
Kalin Lohden
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, May 08th 2011 09:03am    Post subject:

Kalin followed the old Corellian out of the deathtrap, he was surprised they even made it to the surface, let alone physically in one piece. They had hit firmly in a forested area, with their current position inside of one of the lighter marshlands off the river. Being tossed across the water like a pebble, sent his stomach into a surge, but he kept it in check. The freshness of the planetary air helped, though the black plumes of the distant destruction only alienated his senses and discomfort with their situation. Kalin recovered a blaster he had retrieved from the executive starport, and slowly holstered it as they finished scanning the area. The other vessel was a Firespray class, heavily modified as the outer hull had strange light panels... ones that could be used to assist in camouflage, only they were wildly fluctuating. That would explain the stealth technology, but not the voice of young Lucas Davad. What was he doing out here?

Kalin rounded the Falcon, while swiping a small pointed object. He felt around his left bicep, locating a small implant. With the pinpoint object, he pierced his skin and pressed into the implant, holding the mark for five seconds. It was a message to Lumiya, not only would it act on a secure line, but allow her to directly track him, and ultimately, Han Solo. Kalin tossed the object on the floor, before using his shirt to catch the small blood flow.

Kalin heard something, and as he appeared around the corner, he saw the young Jedi, Lucas Pallanén-Davad. Kalin smiled at the strange twisted nature of fate... everything was still coming together. The boy looked at him, perhaps he understood the complexity of the situation, as the Force sometimes acted as a perfect looking-glass. Lumiya had taught him well though, and most of those feelings could be masked by mental distractions and techniques. It wouldn't be perfect, but the thought of abducting and possibly killing the famed Rebel hero, Han Solo, could be concealed.

"Hello," Kalin said, smiling to the young Kuati...

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Sun, May 08th 2011 10:43pm    Post subject:

Tseneca paced the room, like a caged animal, if you wanted to put it in such blanket terms.

Correllain... Han Solo? sith on a spit.... what was that boy getting himself into? Why wouldn't he let her in? What was happening beyond this invasion made her more nervous than the activity raging outside. She glanced at Jonas, who was fast asleep on the chaise. That was another thing... Jonas had been treating Lucas like a stranger since they'd left Bespin, and Lucas had been just as indifferent, and yet there was nothing she could make out about the change or the problems she knew were building within her friends, especially Lucas. She needed to talk to Kyp some more, she didn't want Lucas to fall apart as she knew he was on the verge of doing, she cared about him too much.

She sighed. They were all so far apart...

"Mesh'la?" Sethe's voice made her jump, she'd thought he was asleep. She turned around and met his gaze. he had been watching her. She felt a little sheepish, being caught so unawares.

"Sorry." She said. He patted the bed, and she bristled. She saw him exhale and his eyes narrow. She felt another level of guilt. It wasn't that she didn't want to be near him, but her tension against the matter was more than just a little. After what had happened on the Leaper, there was nothing more evident than the gap between them. At least it was evident for her. Sethe was trying to pretend nothing had happened, or else he was trying to apologize in the only way he could... passively. She wasn't a passive person, she never had been.

For a moment, they just looked at each other, a mix of guilt and something close to fear overwhelming her. She didn't want to be near him right now, didn't want him to touch her. It was too much.

"Tseneca..." He started.

There was an explosive bang and all three of them jumped to attention, Jonas leaping off the couch, eyes wild. Then shouting. Sethe ran to the door and pulled at the handle.

"Son of a--!"

Tseneca came around, igniting her lightsaber, and plunging it into the solid wood. With both fists she pushed the weapon into a curve making a hole large enough for them to move through.

They bottlenecked into the darkened hallway, Tseneca covering them with the glow of her light saber. There was shouting from above, and they were met with one or two half dressed women , rushing at them from the top of the shaft. Luella, rushed downward, taking steps two at a time, shouldering a massive blaster rifle, her brows furrowed.

"Luella, whats--" Tseneca started.

"Get back in there!" She hissed and started shoving at them with the butt of the gun, none to gently.

"Not likely." Sethe said and the three of them shouldered past her. She didn't argue, just hissed something derisive and moved further down the shaft.

The shouting continued from the top, then the sound of blaster bolts filled in the din. They raced up the stairway, against the flow of the women running back to seek shelter. at the The top of the stairway, the foyer leading to the front sitting room they leaned against the shelter of the door frame, even as shots flew past them.

Tseneca deflected blaster bolts away from the women, even as Sethe shot past her shoulder blindly. She looked out during a lull. There, in the sitting room, was a handfull of stormtroopers and the body's of two women, the Twi'lek Nini Mamma Gessma.

Tseneca felt anger pour over her. These women had done nothing to die, had only been cautious. ...why?

A few shots of Sethes flew true and caught one of the troopers square in the chest. The others looked to where they were hidden and shifted their focus. Tseneca charged forward, moving her saber in a close arc and pulling it upward seeking a niche in the armor of the closest trooper. She felled him with a decisive sweep.

She turned, in time to see Sethe shoot wide, catching another trooper over her shoulder. Jonas, a blaster in each hand, pulled shots wildly from the portico where they had stood a moment ago. The troopers closed in, and Tseneca dove behind a couch, even as a bolt seared past her ear, singing her hair.

She regained her balance in time to see Sethe preoccupied in while shooting one trooper while another won came up behind him. She uttered a cry vainly, but suddenly, A figure leapt up and grabbed hold of the trooper. Rueth, blonde hair sweaty and matted, thrust a wide blade up and into the gap in the troopers chest armor. He fell hard and she rolled off of him, kneeling.

Sethe finished off the last trooper with a decisive shot in the leg, and another to the chest.

They stood for a second breathing hard. Then Rueth spoke. "We have to leave, there will be more of them soon enough..."

Tseneca nodded, and they bolted out the door into the darkened streets. They walked swiftly from shadow to shadow, moving back to the city center.

"The others..." Jonas's voice shook.

Rueth shook her head, "They'll have used a back way out, Gessma trained them for this..."

Tseneca shivered, the sweat on her back turning to ice. The forest... they had to meet up with Lucas.

"There." Sethe jogged forward into the dark, looking about for the patrols that would be moving through the laberinthe of the slums they were in. A speeder sat dormant near what looked like a factory building. Sethe slid inside and immediately began to pull at the wires from underneath.

Jonas turned to Rueth. "Come with us, we'll take you where you need to go."

"I need to get off the planet." She said bluntly. This girl, her innocent eyes, were suddenly hardened. She met Tseneca's with a steely gaze. "I'll do what I need to do...."

Tseneca waved a hand, but threw a glance at Sethe who was busy hotwiring the speeder. "You've done enough." She said. "We'll take you where you need to go if we can get past the blockade alive."

"Done!" Sethe rolled himself up into the drivers seat and they vaulted into the vehicles, taking off into the night.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Bakura
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: