Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Koda Space Station
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Koda Space Station
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, October 05th 2011 04:57pm    Post subject: Koda Space Station

Koda Space Station

Station Administrator: Trix Lcarr

Summary:
Home to the best excitement of the region. Hosts local farmers and traders. Information about the the surrounding systems available upon request....and the right price. Follow the Rules of the House.

Rules of the House:

1. Respect Space Station Staff, obey any command given

2. Cheating will not be tolerated

3. Intergalactic Law is left at the door

4. Any fights, brawls, shooting, or attacks that spill bio-contaminates onto the Station, must be cleaned or a fine will be applied to your tab. Service droids are available upon request.

5. Alcohol, Spices, Drugs (used or traded) incur a 40% House fee. All other transactions are 10% per sale.

Enjoy.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, October 05th 2011 05:21pm    Post subject:

SAMM did most of the work as Lucas fastened the utility belt across his waist. He wasn't on Corellia any more, nor was he anywhere near civilized society. The Koda Space Station was filled with travelers, farmers and other Outer Rim scum. The only reason he came, to inquire information about his friends. If anyone wanted anything in this part of the Outer Rim, it would come from Trix. Lucas touched his lightsaber, it was probably more trouble than it was worth bringing it with him, but should he run into said trouble, it would be what he needed most.

Lucas bent down and pulled up one of his pantlegs and strapped the metal tube above his ankle. It wouldn't be easy to grab necessarily, but with a little bit of help from the Force, it would still do. "Lucas, I have finished the landing sequence. Are you sure this is the best place to start?"

"Yeah, I'm sure." Lucas answered the ship's artificial computer. He had stared at the galactic map for hours, deciding on what planet to start. For some reason, the space station spoke to him most of all. And when the Force presses something, it was wise to listen. He exited the ship and instantly his ears were filled with Outer Rim chatter. Most of them were speaking outside of Galactic Basic making what they were really talking about impossible to determine. What I wouldn't give to have Alisson with me right now, hell, any standard protocol droid.

The station was bigger than he had thought, also filled to the brink with lavish illegalities. They were vast as they were many, with prostitutes, dealers and gamblers running amok he was beginning to feel much more unsafe with each step. Lucas breathed deep, his entire body was tingling from Force warnings and it was difficult to pinpoint any of them to his own life, but he pressed forward. Eventually he came to the main service hub, mostly it was for the newbies, as the frequent visitors knew exactly where their preferred pleasures rested.

"I'd like to speak with the Station Administrator." Lucas stated.

"Oh?" Came the casual response of a woman looking as though she had just hit a death stick. "How can I best represent your concern?"

"I need information, star charts with statistics, if possible."

"Concerning?"

"Bespin's refugees."

"That's a lot of information." She laughed, her fingers tracing something that was invisible to him but very real to her. "I will see what I can do. You have any credits?"

"I can offer 500 credits."

The woman looked up and laughed, almost hysterically. Perhaps not even at what he had offered. "500? Oh, okay, wait in line." She pointed to a row of seats already packed with people. Lucas grudgingly walked over and sat. Time went excruciatingly slow, he removed a small bottle and applied a thin application of lotion across his hands, the gases on Bespin had dried out his skin considerably.

An hour went by, then two, then three. Lucas was about to return to the counter when the door opened up and the station's administration walked out. She was heavily guarded, but judging by the reaction of the station's contenders, she was like a celebrity. They watched, some clapped and others rose their glasses or various drug inducing tools. Lucas stood up, "Madame... Madame!"

She didn't glance over, instead striding past the clerk Lucas had spoken to earlier and said, "Cancel the rest of the day's appointments, I need a treatment."

Lucas was flabbergasted, but decided to follow the administrator. He'd get the information, one way or another.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, October 06th 2011 05:41pm    Post subject:

The station was much quieter where the administrator went, less of a party and more of a surrender into various pleasures. Lucas waited until she was robed before he entered the room, using the Force to hold the two of her remaining guards against the wall. She wrapped a string around her robe, yet left her breasts exposed. She looked him up and down, before relaxing against the table. "You're a little younger than my usual."

"I'm not here to bed you.'

She smiled, "I'm not here for that either."

Lucas tipped his head, not believing her. "Then what are you here for?"

"Funny," she whispered, her fingers touching her neck, then traced along down and across the exposed flesh. "I was about to ask you the same question. And since this is my station, why don't you go first."

Lucas used his tension around her guards to knock them unconscious, it would be less strain on his concentration, which would allow him to focus on her instead. "I'm looking for information, something that can't be provided by the news and normal government channels."

"Oh? Explain, young Lucas." Lucas opened his mouth, then shut it. He had never given her his name. "Oops," she put the tip of her finger in her mouth, "You didn't think ole Trix wouldn't know a royal pup from the garbage I serve?"

"If you know who I am-"

"I know how to charge." Trix folded her legs and covered her body with the robe properly. "10,000 credits."

"I want the first part of my request, then." Lucas shifted his weight in order to retrieve a small data chip from his back pocket. He handed it over, "There were several large groups of ships, they all jumped to different systems. I need to know where and if they carried two women. Their names are Tseneca Lowry-Fink and Isabel Pallanén-Davad."

"Yes, they are alive and I know exactly where they are."

"Tell me!" Lucas rose his voice.

"The information is meaningless for Tseneca, she has been arrested. Unlikely to be released...that is...of course..."

"Yes?"

"You need to lift the arrest warrant." Trix smiled.

"Who placed it?"

"I did." The woman rose slowly, "You see, I was once a friend to the late Dmtir Bakh-Lowry. He frequented my establishment and when your friend vegetablized him, I lost a chunk of regular credit flow. He was a crazy frakker, but he paid extremely well. Especially when he was high or satisfied."

"Trix, I'm not in the mood. Tell me where my sister and my friend is and I'll let you live."

"That isn't how this works, sweetie." As if on the cue, the doors opened. The sudden surge in light caused him to take a step back and bring up his hand to shield his eyes. Before he knew it, he was on the floor by a terrible pressure applied by the Force. "This is my new business partner, she prefers the title Lady."

Lucas looked up. It was Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith.
 Back to top »
Lumiya
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, October 06th 2011 07:48pm    Post subject:

Lumiya watched the young Kuati struggle, but his efforts were quickly proven futile. When he relaxed, she spoke. "It seems we have time for conversation." The Space Station's administrator was nervous despite her act of confidence. Lumiya tended to have this effect on people. She enjoyed having control over the room. "As you know, I am Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith. The title is power, Lucas, and it is time to dropout of Skywalker's Order and become apart of something much greater. He will not help you, he cannot save you from the True Empire. They will wipe out everything."

"I can't trust anything you say. And if you think you can scare me into submission, to abandon everything I have stood for in my life, then you can go to the bottom of the deepest pit in hell, you old witch."

Lumiya felt that sting a bit, after all, she had taken so much time and planned so much to bring this youth into her fold. She used the Force to suck the remaining air from his lungs, before tossing him against the wall. As his face turned purple, she released him. "I have a mission for you, one that cannot be refused."

"And if I do?"

"Lives will be lost, starting with your precious Tseneca Lowry-Fink. But I have another in my possession, one that is considered important to your master."

"Solo. You have Han Solo."

The woman smiled, "I see your abilities with the Force are growing.... yes, I do."

"What am I to do?"

"There is a Hutt I wish you to pay a visit and collect things owed to me. It seems he has altered the agreement, and due to current conditions, it is best suited I delegate this task."

"And where is Jonas Eisley? Does Kuat have him?"

Lumiya had paused before speaking. "If you return with my supplies, I will not only release the warrant on Tseneca's life, but I give Eisley's coordinates. Though I should mention, time is of the essence."

"Why, what will happen to him?"

"He is to be executed." Lumiya could sense the hot anger, the beating of the young man's heart. It was empowering. "Drekka the Hutt." She used the Force to flick a datapad. It contained all the information he would need. "You have three days to return."

"And what of Han Solo?"

"He'll survive for now." Lumiya watched as the Kuati backed away and left the massage chamber, leaving Lumiya alone with Trix. "You see, that wasn't so difficult. Not only will the Hutt pay what is due, he'll deliver what is rightfully mine."

"Yes, my Lady. But what if he goes to the Republic?"

"For Eisley's life, he will not. He will carry this burden himself." Lumiya switched subjects. "Has the chamber been prepared to my specifications?"

"It has."

Lumiya turned around, "I do not wish to be disturbed. I have a second date with a Corellian."

Tag: Han
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, October 12th 2011 04:07pm    Post subject:

The station was as rowdy as it was the last time he had been here. Lucas guided the case through the cooridor and into the administrators office, this time Trix was sitting at the opposite end, her fingers recalling from the computer interface. She raised her glasses, "That's not for me, is it?"

Lucas shook his head, "No.... whatever your shipment was, Drekka provided. Its being unloaded as we speak."

"Perfect." Trix gleamed, "You have done this sector a considerable favor."

Lucas didn't know, nor did he want to know what he had just contributed to. But she seemed to have the desire to brag. "What you brought me is enough leverage to force a rival station into submission. I'll become the richest-" She paused as the doors hissed open, the dark and slim feature of Lumiya moving through with a man at her side. Trix stopped speaking entirely and just dropped to her seat.

Lumiya looked towards the sunglasses-endowed Administrator and with a hard tone, "Release the warrant on Tseneca Lowry-Fink."

"But-"

"Now." Lumiya commanded and with a few clicks and a several seconds that felt like they dragged on for an eternity, Trix nodded. "Good." With a twist of her wrist, the administrator's neck snapped. "Lohden, please get the scum off the station." The man at her side walked over and pushed the now-dead Trix aside, her body hitting the floor with a thud, before triggering some kind of alarm.

"BIO-ALERT! EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY!"

It was a ruse, but that would clear out the station rather quickly. Lumiya held out her hand towards the case. Lucas shifted his body uncomfortably, looking at Trix on the floor. "Lumiya, what do you plan to do with this?"

"It does not concern you, at least, for now." Lucas set it on the table. "Am I free to go?"

"Yes." Lumiya said, "And do me a favor. Bring the Solo family to me." Lucas was already planning on rescuing Han. "Your attempt to rescue the Corellian will fail, but to insure you won't even try in the first place, I've sent an agent to Naboo. If you refuse to cooperate, your precious Queen and her lover - who happens to be your brother - will be killed. The best part is, you will have to leave now to save them." Her robotic voice was no doubt overjoyed by her gleaming attitude, "You can try to warn her, but I can promise you, that my agent is very well placed, and might force her to act prematurely."

Lucas felt his insides churn. He hated following orders and even moreso when it came from people like Lumiya. But his hands were tied. "So be it." Lucas bowed, not out of respect, but because of her upper hand. He needed to save the Queen of Naboo, leader of the Brotherhood, but more importantly, his nephew. The worst part was, he still needed to save Han Solo, but that would have to come later, it seemed like Lumiya was preparing the station for the Solo family.

What had he done?

Lumiya is preparing the station for the Solo's rescue of Han, with plenty of booby-traps and what nots. It will be fun.

Tag: Han
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Sun, October 16th 2011 02:42pm    Post subject:

Time was meaningless.

After several days in confinement (or maybe it had been weeks?), he had lost all sense of time. Was it the day or night cycle? He didn't know and really, did it matter? At this point, he wasn't so sure. The longer he sat here in the dark and silence, the more he doubted his chances of escape.

And the more his mind and body wasted away...

His breathing was a shallow sound in his ears, a pitiful wheeze that echoed weakly off of the bare walls of the cell. And his whole body hurt - all his joints and muscles were throbbing and screaming out for attention. It didn't help that his right arm was broken in several places. The pain had long subsided from that incident, but it had left the appendage numb and worthless. He couldn't maneuver it and yet, it continued to swell.

And then there was Leia...who had been lost to him for several days...or weeks...or...years?

Again, it didn't matter. This was hell and it didn't appear as if he would be escaping any time soon. And in hell...time was meaningless.

Tag: Alex
 Back to top »
Kalin Lohden
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, October 26th 2011 04:26am    Post subject:

The doors hissed open, the light spilling into the room to reveal a recently battered Han Solo. Lumiya had a protocol droid, of all things, beat the man. It seemed she appreciated the simplicity of knocking the old Corellian down a peg. Kalin entered and ordered the droid to take a moment outside, leaving him inside the room with the old man. "Hey boss." Kalin said slowly, he could hear the Corellian breathing, even muttering something under his breath. Kalin retrieved something out of his pocket.

"This is a Bothan creation. It is meant to extract information from the most stubborn prisoners of war...." Kalin walked it over to him, and began forcing three separate prongs beneath his skin. The first was below his left ear, the second was next to his stomach under the right side of his ribcage, and the last was stuck into his right thigh. Kalin pressed the control padd, the Corellian forced into a violent spasm. It was actually quite disturbing, but with all the hatred Kalin harbored for the man, it was enough to continue.

Just to make the point, Kalin retrieved a pair of pliers from his pocket. He dusted them off. Lumiya had asked him to replace a console on the space station, and decided they could be used for much more than extraction of technical components. "These Bothans are never willing to get their hands dirty, effective bastards though, but I think I'll try something a little more old fashioned before we resume the bothan method."

Han was about to speak, but Kalin shoved the dirty pliers into his mouth and latched it against one of rear teeth. He yanked, but it was much more difficult than he thought. He pulled again, then again... "That is really in there, geez." He twisted and pulled, watching as the Corellian screamed and squirmed, before finally getting the tooth. "Wow. No wonder the Bothans invented this......" He used his sleeve to wipe any kind of sweat that had accumulated. He flipped the switch to give the Corellian another dose of the Bothan torture device, before shutting it off.

"Now..." Kalin said, "Should I continue playing dentist, Bothan interrogator, or will your damn friend, Skywalker just show up already so I can put a frakking blast between your eyes and explode your pathetic brains all over this disgusting, hell-hole of a station...." Kalin breathed, "No, don't answer that, just shut up." He flipped on the device and left it on. The device was intelligent enough not to kill the subject. At least, he hoped so.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, October 26th 2011 11:33pm    Post subject:

(Continues from Here.)

As Morgan tried to sleep, he felt the ship he was traveling on come out of hyperspace.

”Curious.” ZIM commented.
”What?” Morgan asked.
”We shouldn’t be anywhere near Hutt space yet. Let alone Nar Shadda.”

That gave Morgan reason for concern. Not entirely sure yet how to go about finding Norrteth, the cyborg had managed to get passage to the system on board another ship. It was an old Consular class vessel that went by the name of Long Time Gone, and despite it’s age the crew had kept it in surprisingly good shape and made quite the modifications to the ship.

The crew itself was of a rougher nature, but nothing Morgan couldn’t deal with, especially since they’d turned out to be such a convenient way of getting to Nar Shadda. It was there that he hoped he might be able to get the help of Drekk or some of his crew in his effort to either find his pal or give Norr a place he could signal to.

Heading out of his small but temporary quarters, Morgan decided to see if he find someone to ask about the situation. As he walked through the door, he felt the ship jump into hyperspace again, only raising more questions.

“Hey, you got a moment?” He asked as a crewmember walked by, but she didn’t even bother to slow down.
”I told you you should have just bought a ship.”
”I’ll worry about that later.” Morgan replied.

Continuing along the hallway, he eventually ran into the ships first mate, a Devaronian named the nearly unpronounceable C’quagn that Morgan had first arranged passage with.

”Hey, you mind filling me in on what’s going on?”

The Devaronian paused a moment for some reason before answering.

“Oh, you, yes.” He said dismissively. “I suppose you are owed an explanation. The captain received an urgent request from a friend. It seems that a space station designated as ‘Koda’ has experienced some sort of strange Biological issue. The man apparently has particular interests in the station, and so the Captain is providing him with a favor by going to investigate.”
”If you don’t mind me asking, but aren’t we supposed to go to Nar Shadda first?”
“This has priority.” C’quagn said. “I’ll talk to the Captain, though, if you’d prefer we drop you off on some planet between here and there so you can take an alternative route. No charge.”

”Told you should have gotten your own ship.” ZIM said matter-of-factly.
”Yeah, I got that.” Morgan replied, none too thrilled with the ‘I told you so’ he just knew the droid would be having fun with for some time.

“There is an alternate option.” The man said before Morgan could provide an answer. “You said you are a bounty hunter, correct? Good with a blaster?”
”Good would be an understatement.” Morgan said, verging on boasting about his skills.
“Ah, good.” C’quagn said. “Then perhaps there is an alternative option. I will be leading the group that will be going on-board to investigate the source of the emergency on board Space Station Koda. While I do not expect you to be needed, it is always useful to have another blaster on your side. If you would be willing to accompany my team aboard the station and follow my orders, I could see to it that your trip to Nar Shadda come at no cost.”

Morgan’s eyebrow perked up at the idea.

”Hmmm…not a bad proposal.” He said. ”How long you expect it to take?”
“There is no way of being certain without knowing what the problem is.” There was definitely a sense of pride in the man as he tried to wave away the idea that it would take very long. “But I expect that we should be able to discover what the problem is and get on our way with little delay.”
”Alright, I’ll bite.” Morgan said. ”Count me in.”
“Excellent!” C’quagn said, giving Morgan a heavy pat on the shoulder before walking off. “Just try not to get in our way.”

There were a dozen individuals of handful of assorted species in C’quagn’s team as they dropped out of hyperspace again. Morgan made it a full baker’s dozen. While Morgan was naturally decked out in his combat armor, he was surprised to see that everyone else was wearing full-body suits too, though a few of them were simple bio-hazard suits. Despite this, they were all armed in a professional manner.

”Wow, you’re really taking this seriously.” The hunter said, commenting on the armaments and team size.
“Why wouldn’t we?” Asked a woman standing next to him, which Morgan quickly made out to be a Twi’lek.
”No reason.” Morgan said, figuring that it made sense, even if his assumption had originally been that it would be a simple matter of popping in, a few people walking in to see what things looked like, and then skedattling on out.

“Here.” C’quagn said, reaching through the squad to hand Morgan a small piece of equipment. “Plug it into your helmet. It will allow you to remain as connected as the rest of us.”
”Thanks?” Morgan replied as he took the device. Once he figured out where he could plug it in, he had ZIM run a firewall on it before allowing it to connect.
”Clear.” ZIM said, assuring Morgan that there wasn’t any sinister nature to it. Quickly, his helmet gained access to an additional set of HUD displays which provided basic info on the team he’d be running with, such as their vitals.
”Nifty.”

”C’quagn, be advised.” a voice announced over the loudspeaker. ”We are now approaching the station. We have yet to establish contact, but something does appear to be out of the ordinary. We are preparing to dock.”
“Understood.” He heard C’quagn said, and everyone readied themselves to see just what all the fuss was about.
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, December 08th 2011 05:39pm    Post subject:

There was a hiss as the airlock cycled through to provide the ship with protection against whatever bio-hazard had prompted the stations evacuation. The crew of the Long Time Gone was taking no chances in potentially contaminating their own ship.

Slowly, the hatch opened, and those aboard began to make their way towards the stations airlock. Per C’quagn’s original request, Morgan remained at the back and let the rest of the team move in first. The female Twi’lek he had been standing next to previously, which his squad HUD identified as ‘GUN 5: SYNDULLA’, took point and reached the door first. Her attempt to open it, however, failed.

“It’s locked.” She reported.

“I’m not surprised.” C’quagn said as he nodded and pointed to the door. “Open it.”

Initially, Morgan started for the door before he realize he was talking to someone else, a Rodian male identified as ‘GUN 3: HUI’. He was used to being the one responsible for getting through locks, but it occurred to him now that any team like this worth its salt would already have someone on it capable of at least opening basic locks.

It took a minute for Hui to get past the biohazard lockdown, but sure enough, it was only a matter of time before the doors slowly began to squeak open. Everyone aside from Morgan had their weapons at ready, if not aimed through the door outright, as the moving parts came to a halt. There was little to see inside yet besides a hallway, though it appeared to be dark.

“Looks clear.” Said a voice Morgan didn’t take time to identify. ZIM offered to catch it for him, but Morgan declined.

“It would be nice if that were true, wouldn’t it?” C’quagn said. “But let us not get ahead of ourselves.”

With a hand signal, the squad began to move in, this time with a humanoid male identified only as GUN 9 taking point. He held a high-tech piece of scanning equipment in front of him, which quickly came across as a tool he was using to check for initial bio-hazards.

From the looks of things, the readings weren’t promising.

“This is unusual.” He said. “There should be something on my scanner, but I’m detecting nothing at all yet.”

“I have a bad feeling about this.” Gun 7, a humanoid female named Oleaan said.
“Then please do us a favor and don’t infect the rest of us.” C’quagn ordered.
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Mon, December 26th 2011 04:44pm    Post subject:

Pain surged through every fiber of his being, branching out to every nerve ending and muscle group through the three leads embedded beneath his skin. It was an effective little weapon as it caused his body to lash about on the floor as if he were a fish out of water. Even the pain he felt from the previous bone fractures could not prevent the violent spasms. They just kept on coming and he continued to suffer.

All because of Luke. Dammit, why did it always have to be about Luke? Why did every devious fiend in the galaxy with delusions of galactic domination have to use him to get to Luke? Why did Luke even matter that much? Sure, he was a Jedi Master and all, but he was still only one man. It made him angry that they would use him in such a way to hurt family and that anger continued to grow until it was driving something else inside of him - a desire to escape and enact vengeance.

Flopping over onto his side, Han outwardly began to resist the torture as he reached down and clawed at the leads attached to his body. He was now running on pure adrenaline, freeing himself of the pain momentarily. It was now a race against time as he fought the blackness creeping into the corners of his vision as he released the two leads in his thigh and behind his ear. The one hooked to his stomach beneath his shirt took more of an effort, but after several attempts, he managed to free himself of that one as well.

Still shaking violently with saliva and blood (due to the trauma of a tooth extraction) seeping from the corners of his mouth, Han resembled the walking dead as he lumbered menacingly towards Lohden with his arms outstretched. When he was close enough, he lunged forward with a feral growl, throwing himself at the younger man and wrapping both hands around the kid's neck in a death grip. Continuing to ignore his pain, he squeezed tighter, having every intention to squeeze the life from the bastard.

But his time was running out, even has he continued to hold his grip, the darkness around the edges of his vision moved in closer, threatening to overtake him...

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, December 27th 2011 12:46am    Post subject:

The team continued into the station, keeping their eyes open and their weapons up. The area in front of them looked like a basic hallway, possibly some kind of buffer zone leading towards a larger loading or cargo area. As the last of the team passed through the doorway, however, the airlock bulkhead door quickly closed behind them. Had they not all been sporting their own light sources or night vision on their helmets, they would have noticed the room grow dim as well.

“What zah frak was zaht?” Asked Gun 2, a human male named Yuri.
“Station defense system?” Suggested Syndulla.
“Defending against what? Asked Oleaan.

“Cut the chatter, team.” C’quagn ordered. “Hui?”

As the rodian retreated back to the doorway, the Devaronian tried to contact the ship, though there was no response.

“OK, now I’m concerned.” Said Syndulla.
“Well, if you look on the bright side, we didn’t feel anything explode, so they’re probably still out there.” Morgan said, trying to do something more helpful than stand around and do nothing.

”Yeah, but if something were to destroy it, how long till that happens?” ZIM asked.
”I doubt asking that question would be nearly as helpful.” Morgan replied.

“Hui, what about that door?” C’quagn asked.
“Locked.” The Rodian replied. “It’s a much stronger encoding than last time.”
“We could cut through it.” Suggested ‘GUN 12: Olslo’, a Duros.
“That could be a bad idea.” Gun 9 said. “It’s possible it’s part of whatever system is keeping our potential biological contaminant in place.”

“Or it’s part of a trap.” Oleaan said.

“I’m going to go with the more optimistic option for now.” C’quagn said.

Suddenly, a door leading further into the station opened. Though nothing was on the other side, it didn’t bode well for the ‘station defenses’ argument.

“Don’t say anything.” C’quagn said, cutting off Oleaan prematurely. “Everyone, keep your eyes open. Let’s see if we can figure out what’s going on.”

With Gun 9 again taking point and C’quagn close behind, the team continued further into the station. As Hui began to pass him by, Morgan pulled the Rodian aside.

“She always like this?” Morgan asked him quietly.

“She has her moments.” Hui replied. “But if it makes you feel any better, she’s a phenomenal shot, and she hits like a Wookie.”

”Ah.” Morgan said, and let the Rodian fall ahead of him, once again leaving Morgan taking up the rear end of the group.

”Not a bad combination.” ZIM said as Morgan glanced behind him to make sure there wasn’t anything planning on sneaking up on them.

Unlike before, he was no longer relaxed about the way he was carrying his gun.

Mason Kassity

Post Posted: Tue, December 27th 2011 02:36pm    Post subject:

Parting from the True Empire to serve as the liaison to Commander Krauss wasn't exactly what Mason had in mind. He had read about the Jedi, studied their abilities to a certain extent, but did not take them as seriously as some of the more experienced officers. Mason wandered the empty corridors, the station's defense systems were on some kind of robotic auto-control, all part of Lumiya's design, and created to screen against the incoming Luke Skywalker. Still, he hadn't shown himself since they had trapped Han Solo. The True Empire had seen its fair share of battles in the Unknown Regions, Mason having been born on a remote world subject to its reign, but never before had he thought of seeing the famous Corellian face to face. If it hadn't been for General Solo and his team at Endor, things would be a lot different. Still, torturing him this long was unusual and he was all for putting the Corellian out of his misery.

Mason sighed as he exited the last of the checkpoints, but something on his data board registered a ping. Strange, he yawned, wondering if it was one of Lumiya's agents or a straggler that didn't find a ship in time. He had found a couple of those, each of them getting a swift end with a shot between the eyes, but as the day went by, the more he played with them. Mason pulled his blaster out and scanned the hallways. He didn't necessary see anything, but could hear the distant footsteps of what sounded like a group. Eventually their chatter gave away their numbers.

Mason locked them out of the part Lumiya wanted secure, instead, opening a door, leading them away from where she wanted Luke Skywalker to go.

They took the bait and as he pulled up one of the security cameras, he said to himself, "Like walking straight into a krayt dragon's lair." He activated a button, bringing some of the station's automated defenses that were to remain hibernated until the Jedi arrived, only he would wait til they walked a good portion into the hallway before bringing them online.....

It was going to be a bloodbath.

Tag: Space Jawa
 Back to top »
Kalin Lohden
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, December 27th 2011 02:54pm    Post subject:

Kalin was about to pass out, having the air squeezed out of him by his old boss, when Han's eyes rolled to the back of his head before he fainted. Kalin pushed him aside, gasping for air as he came around. He laid there, watching as blood pooled around the man, before getting up and dragging the old bastard to the chair. Using more strength than what was needed, he fastened the straps around the man's body before punching his unconscious face. "Frakker, think you can get the best of me again, huh?" He punched him again, this time, Han shook awake. Taking a prod that was generally used to execute prisoners in some of the Outer Rim worlds, Kalin shoved it into one of Han's open wounds and left it on one of the lowest settings.

He walked outside, where a medical droid was waiting. Kalin felt his throat, he knew there would be significant bruising. "When he passes out again, repair any major damage. Give his heart an injection, or something, but no pain tolerance, do you understand? He needs to survive."

"Affirmative."

Kalin strode through and to one of the bathrooms. Believe it or not, he was hoping the Corellian would just die already. He was beginning to feel a little sympathy for the guy, that was until he jumped up and tried to strangle his way free. Frakkin' Solo. When he was finished, he took a long time to stare into the mirror, stretching out his neck to see the various marks. When he exited the restroom, a long figure waited for him the darkened hallway. He knelt before her.

"He was almost allowed to escape." She said, "I sensed a significant amount of rage and the possibility of freedom."

"Mi'lady, it won't happen again."

"Good," Her voice was more mechanical, a feature he had not noticed. It did not sound like Shira. "Now clean him up and prepare for Skywalker. I need to meditate, I don't want to come down here again, until I am ready."

"Yes, mi'lady. Of course." Kalin bowed and she swept right passed him, without giving him a second look. He re-entered the room, the droid had given him some supplement medication to increase his endurance, while lowering any kind of physical pain tolerance. He was now completely vulnerable. "All right, Han. I'm afraid we must keep going if we are going to get your kids here. You know honestly, now that Fel is dead, I'm looking forward to spending some time with Jaina."

The doors closed behind him and the pair were sealed in darkness, except for a single, overhead lamp. "Yeah, Jaina... she's pretty all right, almost as beautiful as Leia used to be...." He scooped up a pair of pliers and reached for the last fingers with nails. One by one he ripped them off.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, December 28th 2011 03:20pm    Post subject:

Gun 9 came to a halt and turned to face the rest of the group.

“This isn’t right.” He said.

The rest of the group stopped their advance as C’quagn reached 9’s position and looked at what the man was trying to tell him.

“What am I looking at?” C’quagn asked.
“Nothing.” 9 replied. “That’s what the problem is. I should have picked up something by now. If this ‘biological contaminant’ was capable of causing a station-wide evacuation, I should have found some reading on it by now.”
“You’ve ruled out the possibility that it’s a previously unknown contaminant?” C’quagn asked.
“Positive.” 9 confirmed. “This device may not be able to tell exactly what we’re looking at, but if what the Captain was told about this station is correct, there’s no way this thing shouldn’t be able to detect anything that the stations sensors would pick up.”

C’quagn nodded, and began to walk back the way the team had come.

“Fall back.” The Devorian ordered. “Twelve, get ready to cut that door open. We’re going back to the ship till we figure out what the frak is going on here.”
“Be my pleasure.” The Duros replied.

“Don’t say it.” Said ‘GUN 6’, a male human named Jax as he pointed at Oleaan.
“I didn’t say anything!” She protested.
“You were thinking it.” Syndulla said.

While Olslo got ahead of the group, the rest didn’t get too far before a second bulkhead door closed in front of them. Not only did it separate Gun 12 from the main group, it also made getting back to through the airlock an even more difficult possibility than before. Tensions rose quickly as everyone tried to figure out what was going on, with weapons raised at high alert and random curses as some on the team began to fear the worst.

“Can I say it now?” Oleaan asked.

About the only good news they could count on was that the reading on the HUD indicated that Olslo was still alive and well, meaning if someone was behind this, they either hadn’t killed him yet or they didn’t mean to.

“Shut it, Seven!” C’quagn ordered. “Twelve, can you hear me?”
“What the frak was that?” the Duros replied, indicating they still had an open channel.
“I’m done guessing.” The lead gun replied. “Cut that door first and get us a path…”

His words were cut short as a series of blaster bolts rang out. The bolts were quickly followed by Gun 9 letting out a cry of pain and his HUD signal flatlining, indicating he was dead before he even hit the ground. Gun 8 was hit next, though the first shot went through the woman’s leg, crippling her and leaving her an easy target on the ground. About the only relief she found was the she died soon after when the woman’s bloodcurdling scream made it clear she had bit it even without the HUD signal confirming her death.

“TAKE COVER!” C’quagn ordered, though the team was already on top of the matter, doing what they could to hide behind the natural outcroppings in the stations architecture and evade their unseen foe.

Jax died next, a bolt hitting him through the head as he tried to get to cover. The shot left a red streak across the floor and the walls even with the blaster-bolt’s head to keep the mess to a minimum. Syndulla probably would have been the next to go, taking a shot that grazed across her lower thigh and causing her to fall to the ground. Morgan was close enough, however, that he was able to help catch her before she hit the ground and drag her to safety, nearly taking a couple shots himself in the process.

“I KNEW IT! I FRAKKING KNEW IT!” Oleaan shouted, but whether it was for acknowledgement that she was right or simply being more concerned about not dying that nobody bothered to tell her to shut up was left unclear.

“What are we shooting aht?!” Yuri asked.
“I have no idea!” Hui replied.

“Someone figure it out!” C’quagn ordered. “12, get that door open!”

There was a brief beep of acknowledgement from the other side, and soon, the light from the door being cut began to shine through the door, indicating that Olslo was starting to make progress. Whether he’d get through before everyone else died, however, was an entirely different matter.

”ZIM, please tell me you can make those things out.” Morgan said.
”Give me a moment to cut through...” The droid said as Morgan tried to use one of his many eye-implements to get a clear picture of was keeping everyone pinned down. “This isn’t good.”

Morgan quickly saw what the problem was. The ‘enemy’ that was shooting at them were some kind of automated defense turrets. That would make them incredibly difficult to neutralize. They couldn’t even try providing cover fire for one another to form an advance, since there wasn’t a ‘real’ enemy to advance on.

Fortunately, Morgan was armed with something designed to help destroy difficult targets. Swapping out his rifle, Morgan armed his grenade launcher and acquired a target. A grin formed on his face as the first projectile hit and turned the gun into a smoldering, twisted piece of metal.

“What was that?” C’quagn asked.
“Defense turret.” Morgan replied. “I can’t tell how many of them there are.”
“Please tell me you at least think you have enough ammo to take care of them.”
”Probably.” Morgan replied. He reached out to fire another round, but quickly pulled back to avoid another salvo of blaster fire that was pointed specifically in his direction.

The blaster shots soon re-directed to another potential target, giving Morgan an opening to take out another defense turret. The turret fire remained heavy, however, making it clear that his work was far from done.

That was, however, until the blaster fire suddenly stopped.

“Is it over?” Asked Syndulla. She groaned a little as her wound reacted negatively to her efforts to sit up.

“I doubt et.” Yuri said.
“13, you see anything?” C’quagn said.

Morgan turned to look at Syndulla and tried to get a better idea as to how bad her wound actually was. From the looks of things, it wasn’t a mortal wound, especially if she could get proper medical care any time soon, but she’d probably have difficulty moving very fast until then.

“Zim!” He heard C’quagn say again, and the realized that ‘13’ had meant him.
”Oh, sorry.” Morgan replied. Leaning out from behind cover, he took a zoomed view of the hallway. Initially, there was nothing, but soon enough, he saw a familiar sight.

“Battle Droids.” Morgan said.
“That’s a relief.” Hui said. “We can take those.”
”No, no it’s not.” Morgan said. He recognized the designs well from Bakura and Bespin. He guessed there were at least a dozen of them as he did a quick rotation through his visual spectrums. It was his guess that with even half that number, the currently pinned would make it out with only a couple people left alive at best. Instead, they were outnumbered as well as outgunned. They needed to change the equation.

”We need a new route. Now.” Morgan said. ”Those things are not your grandpa’s battle droids.”
”You need to relax a little. You seem panicked a little.”
”I’m not about to let myself be the last man standing while everyone else gets picked off around me.” Morgan replied to the droid. ”And these guys are clearly not as well-armed as I am.”

As the droids began to move into range, they opened fire on the group to keep them pinned down and allow for an easy advance. C’quagn’s group wasn’t content to let this happen, and tried to find what openings they could to hold off the battle droid advance for as long as possible. Their hopes of holding out for long quickly began to fade as a scream was heard from Gun 10. The Rodian took a hit as she popped out from cover, and her signal went dead moments later as she succumbed quickly to the wound.

“There’s door!” Said ‘GUN 4’, a male Duros named Cad. “About two meters ahead of my position!”
“Cover me!” Hui said. “It’s probably locked.”
”No, you stay put!” Morgan countered. ”I’ve got this one!”

Firing another grenade in the battle droid direction gave Morgan enough cover to advance to the doorway. Much as Hui had suspected, it was locked. He quickly plugged in and let ZIM have at it.

”I’m going to need a few moments to crack this one. It doesn’t look like a military code, but it’s more advanced than I’m used to.”

Putting his launcher away, Morgan pulled out a glop grenade and tossed it a short way down the hall. When it exploded, the foam created a major blockage between the GUN squad and the war droids. It wouldn’t hold the droids for long, but it did give the mercenaries the upper hand, at least temporarily.

”I can’t believe I didn’t do that sooner.” Morgan thought to himself. It was just in time for the doorway to unlock and open.

”I’m through!” Morgan shouted. He pulled out his rifle and began giving forward cover.
“You heard him!” C’quagn ordered. “MOVE MOVE MOVE!”

The people wasted no time following the order, with Morgan and Cad providing protection. While Hui gave Syndulla the support she needed to get through, no one bothered at all with the dead, neither taking any of their supplies or taking time to see if there might be a mistake.

“12, we’re taking another route! Get working on the main airlock!” C’quagn ordered over the comm. as he passed through the doorway.

By the time nearly everyone else was through, the battle droids had nearly cleared the way of the hardened foam cover Morgan had provided, making a perilous journey for anyone not already through the doorway, though fortunately – for lack of a better term - this only consisted of Cad and Morgan. But while Morgan was standing right next to the door, Cad had to get across the hallway.

He didn’t have long to try to do it, either. The droids were advancing, and while the group had taken several out - most from Morgan's grenade, with only two of their targets shooting at them the droids began to advance quickly.

Cad recognized this, and took an opening when he thought he saw it. One droid drew a bead on the Duros, but a direct shot from Morgan’s blaster took the droids head clean off, causing it to pop up and flip around in the air. It wasn’t enough to get Cad through, however, and he took a pair of shots across the back right as it seemed he had made it.

Morgan didn’t bother trying to help him, as he was dead before he hit the ground. Morgan quickly retreated through the door and had ZIM leave a lock of his own when the door closed behind him, ensuring that they’d have at least a little time to escape.

Still, the team Morgan was with had grim spirits. There was no means of contacting their ship, and out of the 13 that had come aboard the station, five were dead, one was on his own, one was wounded, and they had no idea what else might be waiting for them.

Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Sat, December 31st 2011 06:35pm    Post subject:

Han howled in what could only be described as a combination of pain and pure rage. He was in agony sure, but the bastard's talk of seducing his daughter had tipped him over the scales. He had had enough and he vowed to no longer cooperate, no matter what they tried to do with him. They wanted to rip off his fingernails? Let them. They'll grow back. Too bad they had to strap down his arms...if only they had done the same with his legs.

Clenching his teeth, Han kicked out his right leg and thrust it upward, connecting squarely with Lohden's groin. That ought to teach him...he wasn't going down that easily, especially if they took the time to bring a medical droid in and refresh him after each session. He was going to make their life a living hell until he got out of here or they killed him.

"You leave your damn hands off my daughter, you bastard!" he growled out, his voice hoarse and obviously strained due to the pain and the amount of yelling he had been doing.

"She won't come and neither will Luke," he gasped after a moment, allowing himself to relax back against the chair. "They're not stupid enough to fall for it twice. You---you're wasting your time."

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, January 04th 2012 10:00pm    Post subject:

The group proceeded down the hallway till they came to what C’quagn deemed a suitable enough waypoint – it was room off to the side that they guessed was some kind of hybrid storage and supply room that doubled as a break room for any number of service workers that had used to help keep Koda station operational. Now, it would serve as a location for the team to try to catch their bearings.

“Two, Seven, the door.” C’quagn said as Morgan passed through, bringing everyone together to assess the situation. The two mercs took up a guard position, ready to warn the team if anyone tried to sneak up on them.

Looking around the room, they took note of who was there – a total of 7 individuals: GUN 1, C’quagn; GUN 2, Yuri; GUN 3, Hui; GUN 5, Syndulla; GUN 7, Oleann; GUN 11, Trax; and himself, temporarily labeled GUN 13, ZIM. Add in that Syndulla was injured and had trouble moving on her own, and it was not a positive picture. And no on had any idea how Olslo might do – whether their attackers would be content to ignore him or if he’d be a sitting duck without anyone else to back him up.

Hui and Yuri helped Syndulla get a seat, and then Trax – apparently a medic of some kind – began to do what he could to help her leg. That was when the real brainstorming began, though it was not exactly a pretty picture, especially since they all knew they likely didn’t have very long – whoever was behind the station’s situation would no doubt come after them sooner rather than later.

“What did we just walk into?” C’quagn asked to no one in particular.
“Our funeral.” Oleann said, continuing her pessimistic streak. “Long story short, we’re frakked, sir. Bloody frakked.”

“Would you can the negativity already?” Syndulla said with a groan, trying to bite past the pain she was still feeling on her leg.

“No. I am not about to let this turn into a *****-fest.” C’quagn barked. “We need a goal, we need a plan, and we need it fast.”

“What we need to do ees get off zees daast station ASAP.” Yuri said.
“Exactly.” C’quagn said. “Problem is that our current path is likely to be heavily controlled by an unknown foe who is to assumed to be trying to kill us all.”
“That’s going go…gah…make it difficult to go anywhere.” Syndulla said as Trax continued to tend to her wound.
“Not to mention those droids.” Oleann said. “What the frak were those things?”

“Mind providing some intel, ZIM?” C’quagn said. “You seemed to recognize them.”

”I’m not sure how much there is to tell.” Morgan said.
“Start telling.” C’quagn said. “For the time being, you’re part of this team, and as part of this team, I expect you share any information that will help get us off this station alive.”

”Fair enough.” The cyborg relented with a shrug. ”They’re Imperial battle droids. Something Zend’s forces are using. I was on both Bakura and Bespin when she struck those planets, and I saw them being used heavily at both locations.”

“Wait, you were on both Bakura and at Cloud City?” Oleann asked. “And now we’ve found them here, too? Great, you’ve jinxed us! You’ve gone and bloody dast frakking JINXED US!”
“We get it already, Bell!” Syndulla shouted before C’quagn silenced them both.

”From what I’ve seen,” Morgan said as he continued ”They’re not to be taken lightly. They’re dangerous, hard to put down, and shown signs of being pretty smart, too.”

“So this is an Imperial operation, then?” C’quagn asked.

”Probably.” The cyborg said with a shrug.

“Then seeing as you’re the closest thing we have to an ‘expert’ on our current situation,” the Devorian said “what’s your suggested plan of action?”
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, January 06th 2012 06:42pm    Post subject:

The chunk of metal collapsed against the flooring as Anakin Solo stepped inside, followed closely by his apprentice, Lucas Pallanén-Davad who had just woke up not nearly four hours prior and revealed Lumiya's plot. A swift course correction and a few adjacent hyperspace lanes later, they had begun the rescue of Han Solo, the Corellian Hero of the Galactic Civil War. Well, at least to the Republic, Lucas thought, but conceded that according to the history books, the Emperor was truly an evil man. Anakin moved quickly through the corridor, as Lucas nodded to the medical ship crew. They had risked their lives enough, and just several seconds from departing from the entry-point, the vessel slipped back into hyperspace. Behind the temporary force-field, Lucas stared into empty space, before shaking back into reality.

They could sense that there was more happening here than they had originally thought. Lucas noticed a presence he had the misfortune of meeting several engagements ago. "Morgan is here."

"Who?"

"Doesn't matter too much..." Lucas said honestly, but quickly felt a churn of his conscience, "Though he could be a good guy."

Anakin looked around, he seemed to relax a little bit. "My father is alive, but barely. My Uncle isn't here yet, but I can feel him getting closer."

"We beat him." Lucas cracked, "Looks like your little shortcut pulled off."

Anakin put his finger to his lips, they could here someone speaking loudly. "You’ve gone and bloody dast frakking JINXED US!" It wasn't an accent from the Core, more Inner Rim, or possibly from a richer colony in the Outer. Then something happened, more or less, Lucas felt like someone tossed a blanket over him, only, nothing in front of him had been compromised.

Anakin seemed to sense it also, but suggested, "Interesting, I've lost my sight through the Force."

"All of it?"

"Impressions, I can't sense my father or my Uncle any more."

Lucas tried, and also failed. "Me too." This had happened before, on Necropolis. Lumiya was doing this. "Anakin, I have a bad feeling about this."

"Tell me about it..." He shut his lightsaber off, footsteps were now echoing in the distance. "Someone is coming our way."

Lucas reached for his blaster and disengaged his lightsaber. Backing against the wall, they were going to ambush them. One of the voices, though distorted because of the distance could be understood as saying, "We got 'em on Bespin, now just gotta clean house in the sector..." A group of them laughed, they were just around the corner now. Lucas could feel his heart race....

Imperials, the old-fashioned kind. Lucas looked into Anakin's eyes, he seemed to make the same connection.

All right Space Jawa, Lumiya is playing Lucas / Anakin against your group.... they will see you as a group of True Imps, I'm guessing she would have done the same to your group, so who knows what each individual might see...
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, January 07th 2012 05:16am    Post subject:

”I see two options.” Morgan said. ”One, we can try to find a secondary airlock and try to blast through that, then get back to the ship from the outside.”

“None of us are equipped for that kind of thing.” Hui said.

”That’s what I feared.” Morgan said. ”My other recommendation – we find our way to this stations computer core, hack into the station, get enough control to clear ourselves a path back to the ship, and then book it.”

“Doesn’t zaht mean marching into vhat is likely zee most guarded part of zee station?”

”Not exactly.” Morgan said. ”This station is bound to have some kind of data center or other location outside the main control room where we can gain access to the stations computer systems. Based on the code I saw when I was opening that door, I think that between Hui and I we should be able to tweak the systems enough to set up an exit path. We’ll need to sneak around and take the long way to get there, but it should be possible.”

“Still sounds dangerous.” Oleann said.

“There’s no plan we could make right now that wouldn’t be dangerous.” C’quagn said. “And I’m going to die here, I intend to go out fighting.”

”Sounds like a plan.” Morgan said.
”If, you know, we can avoid the ‘dying’ part.”

“One matter, yet?” Trax said, and everyone turned towards him and Syndulla. “I’ve patched up her leg as best I can, but she’s going to have trouble moving on her own.”
“Carrying her vill slow us down.” Yuri said.
“We’re certainly not leaving her behind.” C’quagn said. “We need an alternative, and fast.”

“Fast may not be fast enough.” Oleaan said. “Someone’s coming this way, and it sounds like more of those droids.”

As the rest of the group listened, they too could hear the approaching enemy, the sound of the forces finally about the catch up with them. Everyone, that was, except for ZIM.

”I don’t hear anything.” The droid said.
”You sure?” Morgan said. ”Sounds like droids to me.”
”Then something isn’t right, because I don’t hear anything at all.”

As much as the droid could get on his nerves sometimes, Morgan would be remiss to completely disregard ZIM’s advice.

”There’s something very wrong here.” Morgan said. ”I’m getting an indication that we’re being played.”

“Your fancy droid senses tell you that?” Oleann said sarcastically.

”As a matter of fact, yeah.”

“Check the door.” C’quagn said.

Morgan drew his blaster and poked his head out as it slid open. Much as his senses were telling him, there appeared to be a group of the Imperial droids slowly approaching.

”Help me out on this one, ZIM.” Morgan said.

It took a bit, but once again, ZIM was telling him a completely different story from what his brain was telling him.

”I’m seeing two individuals, neither of them droids, and they appear to be waiting for something.”

Morgan pulled back inside.

”How far out is the nearest door out of his hallway?” Morgan asked.

C’quagn pulled out a holo-emitter and activated a map of the station. Pressing a few buttons, he soon brought focus to their local region, showing him where the junctions and doorways were. With ZIM’s help, Morgan was soon able to get an assessment of where their foe was probably really at.

”They’re just beyond our best ticket to avoid getting trapped between a rock and a hard place.” Morgan said, pointing at the location.

“Can you do that barrier trick again and keep them off us till we get through.”

”I got a few more of those left.” Morgan said. It was a gross misuse of the glop grenades intended function, but without any bounties to hunt, their alternative purpose was something he guessed he would have to make careful use of.

“Then let’s move.”

“And Syndulla?” Trax asked.

There was a pause, and then Morgan walked over to where to woman was sitting.

”I’m going to regret this.” He thought to himself.

Turning around, he pointed to his back.

”Grab on.” He said.
“What?” Syndulla asked.
”It’s a temporarily solution. Assuming your arms still work, you can hang on to my back for the time being. My legs should allow me to take it better than anyone else here.”

“This is the best we can come up with?” Syndulla asked, looking to C’quagn.
“You got a better idea?” The Devorian replied.

When no one said anything, the Twi’lek gave a relenting sigh.

“Just don’t back up and crush me against a wall.” She said.

Morgan bent down, and with help from Trax, Syndulla climbed up on Morgans back and latched on to impromptu hand-holds in the front of his armor. As he stood up, he noted that the woman was a tad heavier than he had anticipated. Fortunately, it wasn’t to an overly debilitating level. He’d be unlikely to perform any tricky maneuvers for the time being, but he’d still be able move and, more importantly, run.

“If that’s everything?” Oleann said. “Those things sound like they’re practically on top of us!”
“Let’s move.” C’quagn said.

The group quickly began their exit from the room, taking up cover positions along the wall. Morgan felt a bump as he came to a halt, and already he was beginning to regret offering to carry Syndulla around.

“Watch it.” She said.

Surprisingly, the droids didn’t seem any closer, and yet there was this inescapable feeling that any moment, they’d be right on top of everyone and kill them all.

”Here goes nothing.”

Stepping out from behind cover, Morgan began to run forward. Once he reached a safe distance, he pulled out a glop grenade and threw it so that it would roll along the ground, exploding not long after it passed the target door.

But then something nobody expected happened. The grenade flew back at him.

”Sith” He said.

Morgan quickly began to pull back, shooting at the grenade as he went. With every shot missing, however, the grenade soon exploded mid-air, largely filling the hallway with a hardened goop-like substance.

There was a moment of silence as everyone stood astonished at what had just taken place.

“Now what?” Syndulla asked.

They didn’t have much time to contemplate it, however. Even from the other side, they could hear the unmistakable sound of lightsabers activating.

“Sith?! They’ve got Sith too?!” Oleann asked, saying exactly what was on everyone’s mind.

The blades quickly cut through the blockage in the hallway, and what stepped through appeared to be a pair of dark-robed individuals wielding red-bladed weapons. Quickly, Morgan began a retreat and everyone else opened fire.

It was serious mistake. The apparent sith were skilled, and quickly bounced one shot back to hit Yuri for a kill, while Hui was thrown against the wall and knocked unconscious. The rest of the team took cover and did their best not to shoot directly at the saber-wielding foes, only do enough to keep them from advancing too quickly.

”Stun shots.” Morgan said, quietly at first as he remembered his encounter over Bakura. ”SHOOT ‘EM WITH STUN!”

While the Sith he had encountered seemed to have trained himself to take such shots, he had a feeling that perhaps it wasn’t a common trait. And without any other ideas, it seemed worth trying.

It appeared to work, too. The first stun shot hit one of the sith and knocked them out quickly. The other quickly began a retreat in response, pulling his downed companion with him as he went. With the Sith on the retreat, the team began to advance towards the door, with C’quagn carrying the still unconscious Hui along with him.

When the group made it to the door, Morgan was quick to gain authorization to open it, giving the team a new escape route, though without any idea what might be on the other side.

Naturally, let me know if anything in this needs to change.
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, January 30th 2012 08:03pm    Post subject:

Lucas pulled Anakin to the side, his body was limp, but at least he was still alive. The minions Lumiya had sent managed to get a good number of stun blasts on them, though it was a shame she was tampering with their abilities. On the station, they would be considerably limited, which had made choking each and every one of their throats impossible. Lucas poked his head back around the corner, and accepted that their attackers were gone. Retrieving a device from his belt clip, Lucas jammed it into Anakin's neck, forcing him into an adrenaline rushed-revival.

"Anakin..." Lucas let his voice trail off, there was someone in the corridor. "Hello? Who is that?" Lucas reached for his lightsaber, but realized it was a friend. "Master Skywalker, welcome to the Koda Space Station." Lucas smirked, bowing respectfully. He wasn't sure what to expect from the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, especially how the events had turned out.

Tag: Farmboy, Han
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, February 01st 2012 01:41am    Post subject:

The group took shelter in a maintenance worker’s refresher. It wasn’t glamorous, but it was out of the way and gave them a place to hide out for the moment. Trying to recover their bearings, Morgan relieved himself of Syndulla temporarily while Trax tended to Hui.

Unfortunately, what passed for relief was short-lived, as the life-indicator for Gun 12 went out. Either Olslo had encountered some problem that cut the link to his life monitor, or more likely, the Imperials had finally gotten to him.

“So what was that?” C’quagn asked. It was a moment before Morgan realized the Devorian was speaking to him directly.

”Good question.” Morgan said, then relayed it to ZIM. ”ZIM, you’re the one who knows what’s actually going on. So tell me, what did we really face out there?”
”Jedi.” ZIM said.
”Obviously.” Morgan said.

“Well?” C’quagn asked, not having yet got an answer to his question.

”One moment, please.” Morgan replied, still trying to tend to ZIM.

“Zim…” C’quagn said, clearly upset at the lack of information.

”One. Moment. Please.” Morgan replied, holding his hand up to stop C’quagn before they could get in a genuine argument.

”ZIM, I need an answer. A clear answer. Do you know who they were?”

There was a brief pause.

”Anakin Solo and Lucas Pallanén-Davad.” The droid finally replied.

”Great.” Morgan said sarcastically. ”Some rich kid from Kaut and one of the Solo kids.”

What!?” Oleann asked. “Aren’t they supposed to be good guys?”
“Jedi, too.” Trax added.

”Yeah, they’re supposed to be.” Morgan said. ”But they’re probably suffering from the same problem we’re facing.”

“They’re Jedi.” C’quagn said. “They should be immune to that S#*^!”
”I don’t know how it works!” Morgan said. ”But One of them I met on Bakura. If they knew who we really were, they wouldn’t have been fighting us.”

“Potential allies?” Syndulla asked.
”If we can get past this stuff that’s messing with our brains, yeah.” Morgan said.

”And if my Droid would tell me about such things!” He added, sniping at ZIM.
”I figured it was of greater concern that you get out of there alive without such distractions.”
”You figured wrong.”

“They were potential allies.” C’quagn said. “Now, they’re just enemies.”

”What?” Morgan asked.
“They attacked us.” He said. “They can’t tell if we’re friend or foe. That makes them enemies.”
“They didn’t know what they were doing.” Trax said.
“They killed Yuri.” C’quagn said.

”And they’re going to kill the rest of us if we don’t get this settled.” Morgan said, and headed for the door.

“Where are you going?” Oleann asked.

”To find them.” Morgan replied.
“What?” Asked Trax.

”I concur. That sounds like a stupid plan that’ll get you killed.”
”Or, if you cooperate, it might just save us.”

“You’re going to leave us here?” Oleann asked.
”You’re free to come, but I don’t know what’ll happen. I’d say that for now, you stay put, and move on if I die.”

“No.” C’quagn said. “I’m ordering you to stay. We need all the guns we can get.”
”Too bad for you I don’t have to listen to your orders, then.” Morgan said and left, heading back the way he came with hopes that the Jedi would still be there and that the GUNs wouldn’t all get slaughtered while he was away.
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, June 14th 2012 06:00pm    Post subject:

Master Skywalker opened his mouth, but then vanished. Lucas blinked several times, but realized that Lumiya was playing with their minds. Anakin was slumped over in the corner, he was hurt, but it wouldn't compromise his ability and usefulness here. He sat next to his master, realizing the pair had not been together this long since before his assignment to capture Nico on Corellia. He had failed, of course, but it's failure had changed everything. He had met Tseneca Lowry-Fink that day and boarded a ship that would alter the course of his life.

Lucas could feel the Sith-woman probing his mind, trying to gain access to his thoughts, but he shielded himself to her. At one time, he was vulnerable, even seduced by her power. But that had faded in recent times. The war with the True Empire had changed things, and Jonas missing had rocked his very foundation. At one point, Lumiya may have convinced him that it was only through her that he'd be able to find him again. But that was no longer the case. Seeing Anakin so helpless, so vulnerable, rocked him to the core, shaking loose the demons he had collected in the past couple of months.

Time passed more slowly, he could feel the Force guiding his thoughts, his spirit returning to the Light Side of the Force. He was a Jedi and it was time to start acting like one. Lumiya should have been killed, the emotional attachment to Han Solo had contributed to the predicament they were now in. Lucas was sure the old Corellian had no intention of getting his son trapped and killed here, and possibly, if the tremors of the Force were true, Luke Skywalker really was on his way. Han might've preferred that Lucas had taken the risk, anything to prevent his son and his old friend getting caught up in this mess.

But he wasn't a Jedi Knight, he was only an apprentice, and resisting this kind of darkside had never really been stressed in his teachings. He was inadequately equipped to deal with a Sith. But who really was, aside from Grand Master Skywalker? In the Old Republic it only took two. Two for thousands of Jedi. That's when Master Skywalker appeared again, his hand setting on his shoulder.

His thoughts vanished, however, as he heard footsteps. They were well concealed, very well indeed. Only one person... heavy. He put his hand on his lightsaber and reach out with the Force.

Friend or foe?

Tag: Space Jawa
 Back to top »
Tarison Var
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, June 14th 2012 07:03pm    Post subject:

Deleted

Code of the Sith
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, June 14th 2012 07:56pm    Post subject:

Adjusted
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, June 26th 2012 02:26am    Post subject:

There were three people, but right up front it was difficult to tell who they were. They appeared to be stormtroopers, three of them, but one was down and out. For safety’s sake, Morgan kept his rifle out and armed, but kept it aimed at the ceiling with one arm to avoid giving them any more reason to shoot him than they needed.

”Who am I looking at, ZIM?” Morgan asked.
”Wow, this is big. You’ve still got Solo and the Kaut kid, but they’ve got Luke Skywalker with them now.”

That was big. This wasn’t just any Jedi, this was the Jedi – Luke honest-to-the-frakking-Force Skywalker.

”You don’t look much like Jedi to me.” Morgan said to the three hopefully former enemies.
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, June 26th 2012 03:01am    Post subject:

It was Morgan. "Oh it's you." Lucas said, pulling a half smile. He grabbed an adrenaline administrator from his jacket pocket and poked Anakin's neck. Solo popped back to life, his lightsaber just short of slicing off the newcomers neck, yet Morgan was saved by Master Skywalker's Force-wielding hand. After breathing, Anakin rubbed his neck and nodded, sending the blue energy light back into the saber.

"Master Skywalker." Lucas bowed.

"Uncle?"

"We don't have much time. This is a friend of yours?" Master Skywalker asked, his mind clearly elsewhere.

"Yes, in a way." Lucas said, throwing Morgan a look. "More yes than no." Lucas corrected, though it was never really established if Morgan was a friend, or just a helping hand when the circumstance called for it. He was definitely useful on Bakura. "But what are you doing here any ways?"
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Koda Space Station
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: