Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Varonat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Varonat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, October 15th 2011 02:59am    Post subject:

Jade held her hand up to her head again as the hangover flared up momentarily. While she knew her initial reaction was probably the kind of statement she would be better off standing by, she also knew that odds were that if she had the option in the future, she probably wouldn’t.

“Sorry, and thank you for the hospitality, but I really need to be getting back to my own ship.”

She turned and began to leave the galley grabbing for her communicator, and realized it was turned off when she tried to signal Gorrop. Thinking for a moment before she passed through the door, she turned and tossed to no one in particular.

“I don’t think I’m going to be leaving the planet anytime soon, so feel free to contact me if you need anything.” She said. With a wave, she headed out, returning back to the room she had spent the night in first to retrieve her blaster before heading out the entrance ramp and – finally – getting on her way back to the Hive Queen.

It was half-way back to her ship that she ran into the Twins. At least, where she thought she had parked her ship. As they explained to her, Gorrop had sent them out to look for her after she had both failed to show up by morning and never reporting in on her comm.

“Good job to Gorrop on that.” She said. “And thanks.”

The two exchanged a few words with one another before looking back to Jade and waiting for her to take point.

“Guh…” She said. “Would one of you mind leading the way? My mind’s still frakked from last night.”

Scraphead just rolled his eyes as Wingnut lifted back off the ground and led the way, and then followed close behind his fellow Geonosian. Jade simply followed behind in silence, content to let the two bugs discuss whatever random topics fancied them. For the most part the words went in one ear and out the other and was of no concern to Jade, though as they neared the ship she couldn’t help but notice as the discussion transitioned to her and the previous night, making it clear they both rightly assumed she had spent no small amount of time drinking.

“I can hear you back here.” Jade said, her tone suggesting she wasn’t amused by their discussion.

It did little to deter them, however, only giving Scraphead reason to lower his voice to a level where he incorrectly assumed she wouldn’t be able to hear him. Jade soon wished the voice had been below what she could hear, however, when she realized that the bug was driving the conversation to joke that perhaps Jade hadn’t merely spent the night drinking in a way that involved her personal life and suggested she had been sleeping on someone else’s ship in a more ’intimate’ sense of the word.

She quickly caught up with the Geonosian and gave him a massive dope slap upside the head.

“My personal life is my own dast business, thank you very much!” She said in a voice that made clear how ticked off she was by the conversation.

With the Hive Queen straight ahead, she left Scraphead behind her to rub the back of his noggin where Jade had smacked it, Wingnut hovering by his side and snickering as he found himself amused by his fellow bug getting what he deserved.

“Don’t forget I can kick you off my ship any time I feel like it!” She shouted over her shoulder as she entered her ship. It was a threat she doubted she’d ever carry through on, but she was not about to let Scrapheads comments slide by without reminding him exactly who he worked for and exactly what that meant.

“Talk about it behind my back…” She mumbled under her breath, only to once again turn and shout out in the direction of he entrance. “And when I can hear you!”

(Click here to Continue the Story)
 Back to top »
Jairon Blake
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 17th 2011 07:43pm    Post subject:

With a nod to Jade, Jairon watched the woman leave. The galley was quiet now, and he and Yorak exchanged some meaningful looks.

"What are you going to do?" Yorak asked. Of all the people on this ship, he knew what preserving Tseneca's safety now meant, if not for him then for his family. If she was lawfully charged for an assassination attempt, they would kill her once she had that baby, you could bet on it.

"I'm going to go talk to Viceroy Langdon."

Yorak smacked his face in frustration. "You can'd do that Cap! If they find out some of the stuff we've pulled, they--"

Jairon interrupted. "They wont find out."

"No. they wont." Master Durron had re-entered the ship, looking harried, but relatively composed. Bella was close behind him. It was obvious they'd had no luck with talking to the higher-ups. "The three of us will seek the viceroy out, and we'll confront him in person. There's a reason he's not speaking up on Tseneca's behalf, and I wan't to know why that is."

"He could just be using her." Jairon said. "It could have been a trap this whole time; lord knows, Vaxim has it out for her."

"He likely wants to remove her from power to protect his investments." Bella said. Jairon studied her. Despite her age, she was politically savvy.

"One way or another, we need to get to the bottom of this. Besides Sethe, we have no witnesses against the charges; and as he's already stated, they don't believe him. We've already checked, they won't grant us an audience with Vaxim, or anyone else for that matter." Kyp was clenching his jaw. "If we can't get access through the front door, then we'll try the back."

"Break in?" Jairon was skeptical. they didn't need another issue on their hands, and the last thing Jairon needed was to be arrested.

"Yes." The Jedi master was firm.

Yorak groaned, and Nor, who had been listening to the whole thing, looked worried.

Honestly, though, they didn't have anything to lose. Not at this point. They were already involved and now that he'd found out who she was, Jairon wasn't going to let Tseneca rot.

"Fine, I'm in. Yorak, I need you to go fill in Captain Anulay about the plan. If we need a quick getaway, both of our ships need to be ready." Yorak did a little salute and exited. Jairon turned to Kyp, the mastermind of this whole project. "So, when do we leave?"

Kyp took one of the half full glasses from the table, eyed it, then knocked it back. He set it back down on the table, wincing from the burn. This was, it seemed, no ordinary Jedi. He looked at Jairon, then at Bella.

"As soon as it gets dark."

So... yeah. Kyp and Bella and Jairon are gonna break into the compound. I don't care what we do to get there, we just have to find Viceroy Langdon, discover he's been drugged, and rescue him. Thats all. Have fun with it. @Jawa: If at any point, you want to join the party, you are more than welcome to. :-)

Tag: kyp, space jawa, alex
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, October 18th 2011 04:45pm    Post subject:

From here: http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=904

Sethe walked into the cockpit in time to hear Yorak talking with Jade Anulay on the Comm screen. Her eyebrows were knit tightly. Yorak paused the channel and turned toward him "Good timing." He pressed a button and Jade looked at Sethe incredulously.

"You? Aren't you the reason we're even having this conversation?"

"What?" Sethe looked at Yorak "What now?"

"Cap't Anulay has a plan." Yorak grinned.

"Great." He said. "And what might that be?"

Jade narrowed her eyes at him. "Simple. In order to make a dent, we go after Vaxim, but in order to go after Vaxim, we hit him where it counts. The easiest way to bugger a politician is to find his holo-records."

Yorak looked absolutely delighted. Sethe was skeptical "Is that you volunteering?" He grunted, and Jade's eyes swiveled to him.

"You started this mess, Bhren, you're the one that should be volunteering." Oddly enough, Jade's voice wasn't snide, but matter of fact. He also knew that she was right.

"Okay, so what do I do?" He asked, reffering to her judgement.

She smiled thoughtfully. "The way I figure it, My crewmates can make quick work of the holorecordings , If you can get them there. Me, I can cover security precautions to ensure that you, Blake's crew and my own get in and out without a hitch."

The sound of a throat clearing from the back made Yorak and Sethe turn, allowing Jade full view of Nor and Jairon, who stood in the entryway.

"I can go with you to help secure the compound." Nor piped in. "Its as easy as pulling a few wires and hacking into a mainframe. Plus Dorthb here can squeeze into tiny spaces." She adjusted her hold on the alien perched on her hip.

Jade nodded. "Alright, so I'll place my droid, Ussa and The twin Geonosians with you, Bhren; Me, Nor and your smallish engineer there will head you off, taking down security barriers." She turned to Blake. "Jairon, you'll be okay with The two Jedi?"

Sethe watched as Blake grinned ruefully. "I think I'll manage."

Sethe nodded. "That's actually a really good plan..."

Jade bit her lip. When she spoke she was cold. "Don't get cocky, Bhren. This is still you're deal, i'm just helping you repair the damage."

Sethe nodded, trying not to let the guilt show on his face. He looked at the holo of captain Anulay, then out the forward window of the ship. Jairon put a hand on his shoulder, re assuredly."It'll be pitch black in nearly a half-hour. Let's get this done."

alright, so its like Jawa said:

Team Langdon: Kyp, Bella and Jairon
Team Vaxim/Holorecordings: E-POC, Ussa, Sethe, Wingnut and Scraphead
Team Securtiy: Jade, Nor and Dorthb

Lets do this thing!!

Tag: kyp, alex, space jawa
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, October 18th 2011 07:01pm    Post subject:

She was dreaming...

Lucas and Tseneca were sitting on the banks of a river she used to play in as a child, on Thyferra. It certainly seemed like that river, but it wasn't quite. That was the dream part speaking though, sure enough. Nothing was quite as it seemed.

She was older, but not by much... and huge, too, massively pregnant...A giant waddling bowling ball as Lucas helped her to sit on a tree log near the bank. A little girl was playing near the shore, and he called out to her to come in further, not to go so deep.

"She'll be fine, Lucas." She reassured him, but he still look concerned. Frown lines marked his face, and his brows were knit in contemplation. His hair was grey and he looked artificially aged, as if he'd been through hell and was just settling into a calmer existence.

"If she goes any deeper, the current will--"

"You sound like Kyp." She interrupted. He looked back at her and smiled slightly, relaxing visibly.

"I wonder if he realizes how much he rubbed off on us all?" Lucas mused.

"Probably not, but I wouldn't remind him. don't want it to go to his head." She adjusted her position, pushing her back against the trunk and making sure she didn't roll off the log. She sighed. "I feel like a planet..."

"You look like one too." He teased. "Only a few more weeks left, though..."

"Supposedly. You remember, she came out so early...."

"I don't think you'll have a problem with this one. Not this far along. And anyway, those circumstances were unavoidable. You know that." There was an uncomfortible silence. The girl in the water was hopping about, trying to catch fish. Looking more carefully, a passerby could see that she was inordinately clumsy, nearly falling in the uneven sand. She was feeling about, trying desperately to catch one of the animals in the water, but was quickly getting frustrated at her exploit, slapping the surface.

Lucas broke through her thoughts. "Stop blaming yourself, Tseneca. Thats over and done with."

The little girl lurched out of the water, her skirt pulling at the little waves she was making. She limped unsteadily on too short, malformed legs... the glint of metal braces shining in the sunlight. She still wasn't used to them, hated wearing them, but Tseneca knew she wouldn't be able to walk without them. She looked over there Tseneca and Lucas sat and but her lip. Her eyes were blank. She was blind.

The girls face held a frown of constant determination. She turned back to the water and stuck a tiny hand out. There was a sudden wave away from the shore and the water frothed as the little girl's jaw set and her milky, pupiless eyes shut in concentration. With an almost soundless splash, an enormous fish flew up and out of the water, landing on the shore next to her. She knelt and used her hands to feel it flop around on the ground, gasping for air. It was almost her size, and she used her whole body weight to hold it down. Finally, after a few minutes, it stopped squirming. She looked up and tilted her head in triumph. She looked over to where she knew they were sitting, her pretty face framed by dark hair and sunlight.

"Mamma! Aba-Lucas! Look!"

Tseneca looked at Lucas, who was frowning still.

"It's just a fish."

His eyes narrowed. "Sure, NOW its only a fish..."

She shook her head and placed a hand on her stomach. "Yes. Now it is only a fish. Lets not dwell, yes?"

She watched him breath deeply, then force a smile out. He sounded almost sage when he spoke, a trait that he'd developed over the years. "Very well. Looks like we're having Coboko for dinner."

She lurched to her her feet, a not so easy task, considering her size. She stretched her back. "In that case, I'd better go tell the cooks..."

She wandered back down the path. Reaching one of the trees she looked back to see Lucas kneeling next to the girl, speaking to her with patient, teacherly tones. He touched the back of her hair and kissed the top of her head lovingly and she leaned into his kiss, reveling in his praise.

She closed her eyes, feeling a breeze on her face.

Tseneca awoke, sweating despite the damp cold floor she was lying on. She opened her eyes to the sound of steps far down the hall, the smell of polished durasteel. She had a horrible feeling of uneasiness in her chest, the dream fading into the dark of her cell.

Nothing is set in stone... Kyp had told her a million times that dreams could change, were visions of what might be, not what would be. But that was her child in that dream. Her broken, blind little girl. a child she'd had too early, a child who had been born sick... a child with powers beyond what she wold expect for one that small. That little girl had Emmett'e eyes, his determined expression. And her own cunning ruthlessness.

She swallowed, her throat dry. Only time would tell. She couldn't feel Lucas, everything in her soul, the emptiness in her heard, told her he was dead and gone. The sadness and anxiousness...mixed with hope that the dream had brought to her would only serve to drive her mad.

With little or no effort, with fatigue wrought from being held against any hope of leaving, she fell into a deeper, thankfully dreamless, sleep.

Tag: alex, kyp
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, October 23rd 2011 03:24am    Post subject:

(Continues from Here)

Clad in an outfit made of some the darkest clothing she had, Jade did another check out from where she hid behind cover. Seeing that the coast was clear, she ducked back down and nodded to Nor and Dorthb before flipping her commlink on.

“We’re in position and clear to move.” She reported.
”That makes everyone.” Came the response from Captain Blake. ”Let’s get started.”
“Rodger.” Jade said and set the commlink to a more quiet mode. Turning to her teammates, she nodded and gave a simple “Get ready.”

Jade braced herself as she prepared for them to make their entrance. She was feeling a lot better than she had earlier, now rejuvenated after having had an opportunity to clean up and fill her stomach. Her Force connection was still feeling out of alignment, but she was confident that as long as she didn’t have to do anything complicated or take part in much fighting it wouldn’t be an issue.

“We’re ready.” She heard Nor said, though Jade could hear some nervousness in her voice. She turned to look at the woman and make sure she wasn’t just saying it. She held Dorthb tight in her arms, and the little guy gave a thumbs up. He certainly seemed more confident about it than his larger friend did.

“Alright.” Jade said. She looked back out of cover towards the administration complex to double check it, then closed her eyes to concentrate. “On three.”

The countdown came fast but steady, and upon reaching the magic number Jade latched onto Nor and Dorthb, lifted them into the air, and effectively threw them onto the roof of the building, likewise holding onto them as they came down to ensure a safe landing. Once she was sure they were down, she opened her eyes again and looked across to where they were supposed to be. Soon enough, Nor poked up over the ledge and gave Jade the hand signal to indicate that the two had both landed safely.

“Good.” She said to herself. “My turn.”

She waited for the holorecorders guarding the outer perimeter of the building to cycle away from her entrance point and then dashed towards the building with all the speed she could muster. As she neared the wall, she took a low-powered force jump part way up, shooting a grappling cable at the ledge as she reached her peak. Holding on, she swung towards the wall and used the cable as a basis for a second launching point once she came to a stop. The second jump took her just within reach of the ledge, which allowed Jade to grab on by her fingers and pull herself up.

“That was impressive, but I don’t think I ever want to do it again.” Nor said to Jade as she came over.
“Hopefully, we won’t have to.” She replied as she finished wrapping the cable up.

Carefully proceeding across the complex rooftop, the three made their way to the entrance point they had picked out based on the building schematics Nor, Dorthb, and E-P0C had found. Activating her lightsaber, Jade plunged the purple-hued blade into the wall, opening an impromptu doorway. Once she had completed it, she let her saber deactivate and pulled the door open with the Force, letting Nor and Dorthb pass through first before turning around and pulling the hunk of metal she was holding back in behind her.

Reactivating her saber, she then used the blades heat to go back over the original cutting lines and seal the door back up. The doorway would become easy to spot the next time someone gave the area solid look-over and it was clearly the weakest part of the wall. For now, however, it kept their entrance from behind flat-out obvious, kept the metal in place, and would prohibit anyone from just passing through and following after them.

“This is Nor.” Jade heard Nor say into her own commlink as the ex-Jedi finished closing up the entrance. “We’re inside the building.”

Tag: Alex, Jess
 Back to top »
Jairon Blake
Jess

Post Posted: Sun, October 23rd 2011 11:41pm    Post subject:

"Roger that." Jairon looked at Kyp and Bella, who were crouched nearby. They were silent, tentative... feeling around for anything they could pull out of their magic hats...

"So whats the plan." He asked, feeling more than a little out of place. Neither of them looked at him.

"In, out." Bella said. "We fine Langdon and make him talk..."

Kyp grimiced. "Well, you don't have to put it that way. I have a feeling there's something going on here we might not know about..."

Blake nodded, but said nothing. He had so many doubts about this mission it wasn't even funny.

There was a buzz from the comm. "Thats the signal, they'll have disabled the alarms, lets just hope they did something with the guards."

Kyp made the 'onward' sign with his hand and they pressed forward, through a side door and ante chamber into the building. From the look of it, the guard was either gone completely or at work somewhere else. Jairon wondered how much of that had to do with Jade and Nor, but thought it better to not wonder. He didn't like to think of Nor doing this kind of thing without his express supervision. She was likely to get carried away.

Bella looked down at the data pad she carried. She made a show of pointing to the pad and handed Jairon the schematic.

"fourth floor, down the hall..." She said.

"How did you get this?" He asked, not entirely certain he wanted to know.

She shrugged, and led the way.

A few flights of stairs later they stood hidden around the corner of a long corridor overreaching a majority of the building. They were living suites, the kind Tseneca had said she'd been held in before her hearing.

"Most of the visiting delegates live here when they're planetside." Bella explained, as if reading his mind, as well as his unease. "saves on finding them alternative accommodations. Vaxim's office is located one floor above, but he lives on a seperate estate..."

Blake ran a hand through his hair. "Thats good for Sethe."

Kyp was already starting down the corridor. "Fifth one." He said. "Right side."

There was a pause.

"What?" Bella asked.

Kyp looked out and around the corner where they were hiding. Then he ducked back. "The doors being covered by two guards. Guards don't keep watch over masterminds..."

Bella looked out quickly too. In the dim light her face was obscured, but her voice was tense. "That's not right."

"Stay here." Kyp handed the data pad back to Bella and strode out before either of them could stop him. They peaked out and watched as the Jedi master strode up to the guard, who immediately snapped to the ready. They swiveled their guns at Kyp.

"No one is to disturb the viceroy." The stockier guard said. His voice was deep and louder than it should have been.

"I need to pay the viceroy a visit. I'm sure you're supervisor would understand." Kyp's voice was level.

The guard growled. "I was told no one, and that means nobody at all, got it?"

Kyp's hand twitched slightly, and Jairon watched him slide his fingers from left to right, almost indescernably. "I need to see the viceroy. immediately." His voice was soft and kind, soothing.

The guard took a long breath. "You need to see the viceroy. immediately. Right away sir..." The second guard took a step back, also seemingly entranced by Kyp's words. He unlocked the door, and made way.

Bella slipped out of her place and Blake followed, moving towards Kyp and who had disappeared into the room. The door shut behind them, but didn't latch.

"How did you--" Blake started to ask, but was stopped by Bella, who put a hand on his arm.

"Look". she whispered.

There lie the Viceroy, pale as death, on the large bed in the center of the room. Cautiously, the party neared him, and Kyp moved forward to put an ear to his chest.

"Is he..." Bella started to ask, but Kyp shook his head, placing his hand on the man's forehead, his brow furrowing.

"He's under pretty good, but he's alive. Did you bring the case I asked you to bring?"

Bella reached up and pulled the satchel over her head. She handed it to Kyp, who pulled a medkit out. Inside was a syringe. Kyp pulled it out an filled it from a vial, knocking the bubbles away with a flick of his finger. gently he turned Langdon's arm, pushed his sleeve up and pushed the needle into his skin.

"What was that?" Jairon asked. He felt stupider by the moment.

"Something I hope will counteract whatever drugs they've pumped into his system." The jedi shook his head. "I hope it works.."

"Why would they drug one of their leading politicians?" Jairon asked, already half knowing the answer, but wanting to hear it anyway.

"Wow, you really are dense." Bella shot. "They don't want him to talk, and it would work even better if he were dead. That way Vaxim can convict Tseneca and protect whatever assets he's trying to preserve."

"But what--"

Kyp cut him off. "Hopefully Sethe and the others will be able to figure out Vaxim's motives. For now, all we can do is wait."

Tag: kyp, alex
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 24th 2011 12:12am    Post subject:

With the alarms down, Sethe had no further excuse but to move forward into the compound.

I do wonder about the futility of this assignment Jade's droid, E-POC whined. Well, as much as he could whine, that is, being a droid.

The Jawa, Ussa, made a few mutterings and E-POC blanched. Well, I never...

"If she called you a wimp, I'd tend to agree." Sethe said. Behind him, the two geonosians were clicking and shoving at each other. He sighed, no knowing exactly how he'd gotten mixed up with this bunch. He tugged E-POC by his neck bolts. "Lets get movin' metal-head."

The group of them made their way quietly and uneventfully into the building, watching for guard's that were seemingly non-existant.

Ussa twittered." Ibana...Umka Tilba"

"What did she say?" Sethe asked, his voice low. E-POC matched his tone.

Do you want a direct translation, or shall I elaborate

"E-POC..." Sethe warned

She says we need to head above, to the fifth floor, Vaxim's office is on that level.

Sethe bit his lip. Okay, so that part was easy.

They took the lift up, and exited on the fifth level, to a plush, post industrial looking set of offices. Ussa pointed the way excitedly, jabbering most of the way.

"Utinni!" She cried pointing at a door. At least that phrase, Sethe knew well.

"Bingo." He said.

Well, yes, that would be one accurate translation of--

"Shut up." Sethe said, and moved toward the door. At that point one of the twins, Scraphead, clicked loudly and pushed Sethe's hand away. The Geonosian pointed to his counterpart, and Wingnut took Ussa by the shoulders and pushed her toward the door. Ussa made a small yelp of protest. "Nekkel juuvar obwegadada!"

Watch your language, Ussa, they are only trying to help... E-POC scolded

Wingnut ticked and shoved Ussa closer, but she shook him off and pulled out the side panel and her multi-tool. In less than 5 seconds, she the door slid open. She turned to the Geonisians and proceeded to give them a piece of her mind.

"All that for a door." Sethe groaned. "We don't have time for this..."

The group proceeded into the office and Ussa slid the door shut behind him. Scraphead clucked. Sethe turned to E-POC questioningly.

He said... make it snappy... more or less

"That's your job metal-head." Sethe said and pointed to the console on the desk.

If droids could sigh, E-POC would have. He made his way over to the desk and plugged himself into data retrieval.

After a good long five minutes, the droid lit up. My, this looks interesting...

"What, what is it?" Sethe asked, walking over to the console. Seeing what E-POC was pointing out, he inhaled sharply and his blood ran cold.

But not as cold as it turned when suddenly, from beyond the frosted glass of the office door, he heard the sound of someone fiddling with the lock...

Jawa. I hope this works for you. I will change anything, you have only to ask

Tag: space jawa
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 24th 2011 01:45am    Post subject:

In her delirium, all Tseneca could hear was a ringing in her ears and the spotty shadows of her dreaming coming back in full.

She could see herself, the smaller version of who she once was, perhaps eight.... K'nika's little bird, Ren's daughter. She was smattered in mud, her hair and clothes pasted with it. Her father was looking down on her, his patience thin.

"Did you pounce on him, child?" his kind blue eyes were fierce.

"He deserved it." She pouted

"You see, Ren, thats exactly the kind of attitude I--"

"Hush, Dmtir. She's my daughter, I will handle her, not you." Ren turned to the man standing behind him. Dmtir Bakh-Lowry and his son, Pietro, who glared at her with a cold glare. Ren turned back to her.

"So you did attack your cousin, Tseneca?"

"Yes papa." She said, and hung her head, shamefaced... though inwardly, she smiled. It was Pietro that had started the brawl... he'd kicked her off her feet, out from under her mount. The bastard had it coming if he thought she wouldn't fight back. She wouldn't tell papa that though, she was nothing if she turned into a rat like her cousin.

K'nika sidled behind, and placed a forward claw over her shoulder. "I will take the girl child, Ren Father. It is only but time for sleep in her..."

Ren sighed, and glanced at Dmtir, who was pushing the mud away from his son's face, harshly. "No, I'll do it, K'nika. Please see to Timote."

"As you want, Ren Father." K'nika gave a pitying glance to Tseneca, turned a sad blue, and went to tend to her baby brother.

Ren looked again at Dmtir, who shook his head disapprovingly and ushered his mud caked son away. Ren sighed audibly once more, took Tseneca by the hand, and led her down the path toward the patio of the estate. Once there, he sat heavily on the bench swing and lifted his daughter to sit beside him. He gently removed her mud spattered cowl, releasing glossy black locks of hair from her crown, untucked a handkerchief from his sleeve, wet it with spit, and began removing the streaks from her face.

"What did I tell you about fights, little bird?" He said, gently.

"Not to do them." She answered bluntly. "He started it though..."

He scrubbed a little harder and she flinched back, but let him. "You know better than that Tseneca. One may start a fight, but it takes two to finish it."

"Pietro's a wompy nerf herder."

Ren looked like he was going to laugh, but cleared his throat instead, pulling back so she could look him in the face.

"What would your mother do, if she heard you talking that way?" He asked.

She pouted. "Don't tell her will you? About the mud... the fight? Please Papa?"

He tapped her nose with his forefinger. "Alright. Our secret. But no more fights Birdy, alright?"

"Yes Papa."

Then suddenly tseneca was in that small body, then she was not watching but living it. The swing moving faster, the rushing in her ears.... the blood at her feet.

She awoke gasping again. Turned her head to see the bars of the cell, the sting of the cold floor on her back. She wanted to dissolve... to melt into the floor with the terror and sadness her dream brain inflicted on her. She felt like she was rotting.

God... get me out of here
 Back to top »
Nor Ferrick
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 24th 2011 02:03pm    Post subject:

Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, the flight up the building had been the hardest part of the whole process. With Dorthb strapped to her back, they'd lit onto the roof and proceeded slowly into the building; Systematically disabling security systems as they went.

It was the guards that were the most difficult. Nor knew by the posting assignments she'd corrupted that the fifth level was only watched through servalance, and that guards were mobilized throughout the compound, consistantly patrolling.

"Well, we've got this far.." Jade commented, looking at the blips on the data pad, where the guards were moving diligently throughout the corridors.

"Its not that bad..." Nor commented.

"That's because of the cameras, and we took care of those. I'm assuming the others are already in the building."

Nor looked on the pad, there was no way of telling, and they'd declared radio silence before entering.

"lets head up to the office level. We can cover them there, I have a feeling The Jedi and Blake can handle themselves just fine." Jade said, and the three of them moved upward.

The office level was eerily silent. They moved swiftly through the corridor, and to the estate office. Vaxim's office.

Nor tried the knob. It was locked. She exchanged glances with Jade, pulled the panel and undid it manually.

The doors slid open; in time to reveal a blaster pointed straight at them.

"Son of a-" Nor yelped, and she heard Sethe curse, pulling the blaster up.

"You could knock." Sethe snapped, holstering his blaster and leaning back over the console.

"What did you find?" Jade asked, coming up behind him.

He shook his head. "Nothing good. Far from it." He scrolled down through the information E-POC had pulled up. Ussa made a sound and Sethe waved her off. Jade looked at him, asking for elaboration. He shrugged.

"It looks like Bella was right about Vaxim guarding his investments. Most of his money is in Bacta."

"That would make sense. But if thats the case, why would he want Tseneca out of the way?" Nor asked.

"Because is stock isn't in normal bacta, its in Fid'ict. Acrid Bacta."

"Whats that?" Jade interjected.

Sethe didn't look away from the screen. "Its a specific kind of Denin, extracted from vratix under duress. Its much more powerful than average Bacta, and Tseneca's uncle Dmtir was mass producing it. He effectively held, tortured and killed thousands of Vratix to get it."

Nor shuddered in disgust, but continued. "So when Tseneca staged her coup and re-applied herself to the cartel, Vaxim lost his investments."

"No, not quite." Sethe said, shaking his head. "There's still a black market for Acrid Bacta, we found some back on Bespin in the medical stores. There's still money trickling in from it, and Vaxim is reaping rewards from it."

"That still doesn't explain why he's holding her..."

"But its incentive. If the planet, or the senate for that matter, finds that he's running an underground and withholding profits to boot. He'll be ruined. But thats not what I'm concerned about. There's also this." He pressed a button and the text came up on a holo screen for all of them to see.

They all read it, and once finished, Sethe explained.

"It's a letter from Pietro Bakh-Lowry to Senetor Vaxim ordering the arrest and subsequent death, by any means necessary, of Tseneca Lowry-Fink... the usurper."

The room was silent. Then, someone spoke. "Who is he?" Nor asked softly

"Dmtir's son. Tseneca's cousin." Sethe replied.

There was another long silence, and Jade strode forward, pulling the data-record disc out of the slot. The screen went blank. She held the disc up between her thumb and forefinger.

"Looks like we got what we came for." She said, and gave a sly smile. The tension though, despite the victory, was palpable.
 Back to top »
Jairon Blake
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, October 25th 2011 08:06pm    Post subject:

The viceroy came to slowly, after a good ten minutes of Jairon milling about the room, touching things he probably wasn't supposed to.

Langdon gasped, still white as a sheet, gulping like a fish out of water. He tried to lurch up, but Kyp held him firmly to the bed.

"Calm yourself..... good man." The Jedi said and Langdon, still wide-eyed, blinked slowly. his vision clearing as he looked around.

"Master Durron..." His voice was raw and strained, he trembled and, with little or no prelude, leaned his head over the side of the bed and was sick on the plush white carpet.

"Oh, they'll have fun cleaning that up." Blake cracked, watching the whole show from as far from the bed as he could.

"Serves them right." Bella moved to Langdons side, carrying a tissue and a glass of water. She eased him back on his pillow and tilted the glass to his lips. Langdon took a sip, looking grateful.

Kyp, who had moved away from the deluge, approached again, even as Langdon's eyes closed slowly, his breathing coming back to normal.

"You're color's, returning. Thats a good sign." The jedi said. "Can you tell us what happened, Jonathan?"

Langdon looked suddenly furious, even in his infirmed state. His sunken eyes flashed. "The bastard tried to kill me, thats what. After, every thing--" He seemed to pale again, remembering, and grabbed Bella's wrist where she wiped his forehead with a cool cloth. "Tseneca... oh, god. Where is she?"

"She's been arrested again." Bella responded and put his hand back down. "She's being held in the cells on the lower levels, or so we've been informed. We have people in the compound working to disavow your boss."

"Frak that." Hissed the seemingly gently Jonathan Langdon, and he winced. "That man's no more my boss than you are. Not after this. The hell with that." He tried to get up again, but Kyp pushed him down once more.

"Save your strength, if only for a few more minutes. We're taking you with us when we leave, but you'll have to be able to walk on your own, can you do that."

Langdon nodded. "Whatever you gave me is enough to bolster a bantha. What's your plan to find something against Vaxim. They wont ever believe he had me shot up with drugs."

"The others are on their way up to the office, we aren't sure what they'll find, but there has to be some reason why Vaxim will stop at nothing to capture Tseneca... even kill you." Jairon grunted. "If you ask me, the faster we get off this planet the better."

Langdon looked at Kyp. "Theres something else. My daughter, Lily. She's home with her governess. You don't think they would..."

Bella's eyes found Kyp's. There was a little girl involved in this? He held out his hand for the cloth, his voice low. "Can you see to the child?" He asked "There's no way we can be certain of how far Vaxim has gone. Its only been... what? three hours?"

Bella nodded listening intently to Langdon as he armed her with directions and a safe word. Her mission was to get the girl, and her governess if need be, back to the Tessaret where she would be safe.

"Tell her I'll see her soon. And not to be afraid." Langdon said

Bella nodded, and slipped out the door.

Gave u an in Alex. If Bella could go to Langdon's townhouse and retrieve Lily, and her aging and derelict governess Madge, that would be lovely. Feel free to make up their personalities as you wish; I have nothing in mind. Its all you

Tag: alex, kyp
 Back to top »
Isabel Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, October 25th 2011 09:53pm    Post subject:

Isabel had reached the estate Langdon had directed her to, and quite frankly, she was disgusted to find a parked government speeder with the house door ajar. Still, she kept her senses fresh, tuning as well into the Force as she could, before bursting through the door. A woman was shouting, "YOU CAN'T TAKE HER AWAY, WHO ORDERED THIS?" Isabel was never one for dramatic entrance, but she did love to use her authority, even on planets that weren't exactly Imperial.

"BY THE ORDER OF THE GALACTIC EMPIRE, now THE IMPERIAL REMNANT, and THE JEDI ORDER, PEACE-KEEPERS AND OFFICIAL DIPLOMATS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC, I AM ISABEL PALLANEN-DAVAD, DAUGHTER OF THE ROYAL HOUSE OF KUAT, AND JEDI APPRENTICE TO THE ORDER OF SKYWALKER. BY ALL MENTIONED, UNHAND THAT CHILD!"

Isabel breathed, it was a mouthful, but it was enough to throw them off guard. She had used the Force to twist their blasters from their holsters and dangle them in the air. 'Madame, Governess. Please escort Lilly to the speeder waiting outside, along with the girl's father, we are leaving this godsforesaken planet." With a twist of the wrist and the energy of the Force, she used their blasters to pistol whip them into an unconscious state.

Once they were outside, the older woman had vaguely reminded Isabel of her own nanny back home, except, that one was a droid. "Thank you, though with all that you had mentioned, I am not quite sure how to properly address you."

"Isabel, will do." She said, looking at the young girl. The governess nodded, before turning to the girl and latching her into the seatbelt.

"Isabel, it is then, and what is going on? Why would the Senator's men want to take Lilly?"

"We've discovered a conspiracy, though I'm not quite sure on all the facts. It might take the whole Bothan Spynet to figure this one out." She joked, snorting in the process while saddling herself behind the steering console. Keying in a hacked code, the vehicle purred to life. It was a beautiful engine, though sadly imported from Corellia.

"My goodness," The old woman protested, before retrieving a blaster from the side, "Lock and load then." Isabel smirked and slammed the acceleration stick down.

"All I can say, is the bastards better not have touched my fighter...."
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, October 25th 2011 11:58pm    Post subject:

Walking over to E-P0C, Jade pressed a button and inserted the disk into the slot that appeared. She pressed a couple buttons, causing the droid to make a few muted beeping noises, then turned to face the larger group.

“What say we use it?” She said with a grin.
“What are you planning?” Nor asked.
“I’m going to go tell Vaxim where he can shove it.” Jade said, then pointed at Sethe. “And you’re coming with me.”
“Excuse me?” Sethe said.

“If you don’t mind me asking, Captain,” E-P0C said “It would perhaps be easier to understand what you are planning if you could provided us with details.”

The disk popped back out, and Jade grabbed it and pocketed it.

“I’ve just copied the data on the disk to E-P0C’s databanks. He should be able to transfer it to the Hive Queen and whatever other ships we want to save it to once everyone gets back to the ships. Sethe and I are going to march right into Vaxim’s office and tell him why he’s going to leave his current life behind and begin a new one on some backwater planet where he’ll never amount to anything.”

Scraphead chirped something that amounted to approvingly calling the idea blackmail.

“Yes, it probably could be called that if you wanted to be dirty about it.” Jade replied.
“Let me see if I have this straight.” Sethe said. “You expect me to follow you into Vaxim’s office where we’re supposed to tell him we have this information? With the expectation that he’s going to just go into hiding because he might fear this stuff coming to light?”
“Not quite.” Jade said. “I’m sure someone from the Tessarat will the make the data public as soon as they get a copy. But I’m not going to tell him that. He’s going to think he’s getting an opportunity to walk away from this with his name, credits, and reputation in exchange for clearing this whole thing up and starting a new life somewhere else and never coming into the spotlight ever again.”

She turned to Nor and Dorthb.

“Once you get out of here, find a way to track his credits so that Tenesca can funnel them to wherever she thinks is the right place for them at a later point in time. Then, once we can be assured that Vaxim has cleared our records and hopped planet, we let the data go public, leaving the former Senator a fugitive. Soon after that, a Senator without the credits he thought he had an few places to turn to.”

“Wow, that’s…cruel.” Nor said, though it wasn’t clear whether the woman was voicing her approval or not.
“With a touch of mercy.” Jade said. “He gets to run free, but with a constant target on his back and having to either rebuild his life from scratch or turn to whatever allies he hasn’t alienated yet. He deserves that more than the square meals and roof over his head that jail time would do for him.”

“Kind of dark for a jedi, isn’t it?” Sethe said.
“One, I’m not a Jedi.” Jade said. “Two, I feel confident in saying that a little creative punishment is going to start me down the Dark Path.”
“I hope so, Captain, for the sake of all of us.” E-P0C chimed in.

“One last question.” Sethe said. “Why am I following you into his office?”
“Excellent question.” Jade said. “First, I’d like someone watching my back if Vaxim panics and decides that it’s better to try to kill me rather than be sensible about the whole thing. Not that I expect that to happen. Second, you’re coming with me because…”

Sethe held up his hand to stop her.

“Don’t bother. I already know the reason.” He said.
“Good. Third, because I can’t force you to follow me, I’ll promise you passage to Dac once we leave this slab of rock.”

The man suddenly looked a lot more interested in what Jade had to say.

“Dac? How…?”
“Certain crewmembers from the Tessaret. I found they can have a tendency to gossip. There’s be a very brief detour on the way and payment would be required, of course. But I’ll be lenient on the matter of credits and I won’t ask for anything until after you’ve taken care of whatever business it is that’s so urgent.”
“I’m not sure how much better that sounds than trying to get there on the Tessaret.” Sethe said, not quite as keen on the idea.
“True, but on the other hand, are you sure that they’re going to want to take you after what’s happened here? I’m offering you guaranteed passage with little delay, and unlike Tenesca or half the other people that will be traveling aboard Captain Blake’s ship, I’m still more than willing to tolerate you.”

Nor looked back and forth between the two. She seemed bothered by their conversation, and Dorthb's body language only backed up what she likely had on her mind.

“Are you sure...”
“Fine.” Sethe said, holding up a hand to stop whatever Nor had to say. “Fine, Captain, I’ll agree. It’s probably better this way anyhow.”
“Glad to hear it.” Jade said with a grin as she and Sethe shook hands.

Turning to E-P0C and Nor, she directed them out of the room.

“Everyone else, I recommend getting out of the building ASAP.”
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, October 26th 2011 02:32pm    Post subject:

Jade walked down the hallway with Sethe in tow. While she used the maps provided to take the path that would result in the fewest potential encounters with anyone that was still present this late, she made no attempts at being stealthy in her movements.

“So what’s the deal with you?” Sethe said as he followed behind, blaster out. “You throw yourself into a cause that's nothing to do with you...I don’t get it.”
“What do you mean?” She said, briefly looking over her shoulder before she replied.
"This whole...invasion blackmail thing..." He said, waving his blaster around at the environment. "This entire thing was your idea; a good one too. I just don't know why you’re putting yourself through this. For us, of all people."

She hesitated in answering, debating internally whether she should wave it off or come up with a sham answer.

“I’m not.” She finally decided to admit. “I’m doing this for my crew. And myself.”

"Oh. Well, you coulda fooled me.” Sethe chuckled. “Silly, I thought to pin you with some saint-like altruism.”

There was a brief pause as Sethe decided to shift gears.

“Look, I'm not pegging you. I'm grateful you're taking me to Dac. Not sure I could make it on that ship with everyone thinking I'm a two-faced back-stabbing traitor. I just know how it is to get sucked in. I have that over hanging need to tell you what you might be getting yourself into. That’s all."

Jade started to respond, but was interrupted by the sound of a patrol guard approaching from around a corner, with a light in hand further illuminating the dimly lit halls.

“Excellent.” Jade said with a smile, and walked towards where the guard was coming from. “Hello?”

“Who goes there?” The guard asked, though there was no immediate indication of hostilities. He pointed his light directly at Jade, forcing her to hold up her hand for a moment to keep from being blinded.

“I’m Captain Anulay.” She said. “I’m going to be breaking into Senator Vaxim’s office.”

She reached close enough to get a clearer picture of the man, a near middle-aged Rodian. From the look on his face, his initial reaction was to think that Jade was joking.

“Could you say that again, please?”
“I’m breaking into Senator Vaxim’s office. Could you do me a favor and see to it that he knows we’ll be waiting for him?”

There was a moment of hesitation followed by the guard realizing that she was being serious.

“I’m going to have to take you into custody.” He said. He started to draw his blaster, but Jade brought out her lightsaber hilt, and, without activating it, flipped it in the air and caught in her hand a few times.
“I don’t think that’s necessary.” She said. Sethe had a smirk on his face as Jade glanced back to him.

Seeing that Sethe was armed as well and smartly realizing he was outclassed in addition to being outnumbered, the guard hesitantly nodded his head and retreated, pulling out a commlink as he went and rapidly picking up speed.

“So…what’s to stop them from sending everything they have at us and throwing us in jail?”
“Technically, not much.” Jade said as she continued on her to Vaxim’s office. “But I think it’s safe to assume that for the sake of public appearance, he’s not going to start a firefight if he doesn’t have to. He knows I have Force powers, so any attempt to arrest us will no doubt result in the wrong type of attention.”

“Makes sense.” Sethe replied with a verbal shrug. “I guess.”
“Don’t worry, I mostly know what I’m doing.” Jade said jokingly.
“Mostly?” Sethe asked.
“That’s why I have you here.” She added.

As they reached the Senator’s office, Jade tried to open and discovered that unsurprisingly they were locked. An oddity, the doors were hinged, rather than the normal sliding doors that were more common place across the galaxy. Taking her saber out, she pressed the open end of the hilt against the lock and ever-so-briefly turned the saber on, cutting the lock and letting the doors slide open.

“So we just wait now?” Sethe asked as they entered the room.

While Jade was impressed by what she saw, she wasn’t surprised. Well furnished, the office echoed Vaxim’s egotistical and secretly power-hungry personality. Jade headed straight for Vaxim’s desk, planted herself in his chair, and set her lightsaber on the desk behind his nameplate.

“Yes.” She said, reaching out and using a Force Pull to close the doors behind them. “Make yourself at home.”

Semi-Joint Post with Jess
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, October 27th 2011 11:56pm    Post subject:

As Jade sat in Vaxim’s chair and waited for the owner to arrive, she watched as Sethe slowly moved about the room, casually glancing over the assorted decorations and accessories that adorned the Senator’s office.

“You said something about knowing what I’m getting myself into?” Jade asked Sethe, looking to help pass the time beyond simply sitting and waiting.
“Huh? Oh, yeah.” Sethe said and turned in Jade’s direction. “Just thought I need to give you a warning that if you’re not careful, you’re likely to find yourself following those people for longer than you might expect.”
“Is that what happened with you?” Jade asked.

Sethe shrugged as he took a seat.

“More or less.”
“How’s that worked out for you?” She asked.
“Before I alienated everyone?” Sethe asked. “Better than I might have expected, actually.”

Jade simply nodded.

“I don’t think I should have anything to worry about.” She said, easily brushing off the feeling she might be tempting fate. “I have my own ship and crew to be responsible for. I have a lot of freedom to go where I want when I need to.”
“That must be nice.” Sethe said, though he was less than enthusiastic in the way he said it.

There was some additional light chit-chat as the two waited, but nothing of any real importance before the doors slammed open. Sethe stood up and Jade slowly rolled her saber towards her as a squad of guards entered the room. None of the guards had their weapons pointed in the intruders direction, but they did appear ready to bring them up and start firing if either Jade or Sethe tried anything funny.

“You’re stupider than I thought!” Vaxim said as he marched into the room. “I promise you, after this I’m going to see to it that it’s a long time before either of you step foot off this planet. That will go for anyone you’re working with, as soon as we catch them!”
“To the contrary.” Jade said, her face not betraying any kind of worry or panic. “I think both of myself and Mr. Bhren will be leaving this building scot-free.”
“Not fraking likely!” Vaxim said with a laugh. “Breaking and entering? Threatening the security staff? That only begins the charges I ensure will be filed against you! And get out of my chair!
“As you wish.” Jade said. Her feet planted firmly on the floor, Jade slowly and deliberately lifted her butt off out of Vaxim’s chair, doing so a manner that kept her upper body at a constant elevation. Once she had stretched her legs up as far as they could go, she planted a foot on the edge of the chair and pushed it backwards as hard as she could.

Senator Vaxim’s eyes went wide with anger as his chair slammed into the wall behind Jade. The woman then brought the rest of her body to a vertical stance as well to assume a full standing position.

“Disregard for public property as well!” Vaxim added.
“Stow it.” Jade said. She clipped her saber to her belt and casually went to the pocket holding the data disk, being careful not to do anything that the guards could interpret as an aggressive action. Once it was out, she held it in front of her face.

“Here.” She said. “I have another copy off-site.”

She lightly tossed the data disk to Vaxim, who easily caught it, even if he didn’t know what it was yet.

“Another copy of what?” He asked.
“Holorecords.” She said. “The ones you said you were recording of the interrogations. Oh, as well as something about an underground Acrid Bacta account and an order to have one Tseneca Lowry-Fink killed.”

Jade couldn’t help but let a giant smirk appear on her face as Vaxim stood in silence at the realization of what was happening. The looks of the guards as some of them shared glances as if they didn’t know what Jade was talking about only made her smirk grow bigger.

“I’m guessing you’re aware as to what it would mean if this information got out into the public.” She said.
“Blackmail.” Vaxim spat. “On account of data that could just as easily be fabricated by my many foes?!”
“Shove it.” Jade said. “Think of it as motivation. You’re a scumbag, Harris. I can only imagine how terrible an actual Senator you make.”

Jade planted her hands on the desk and did a light sliding jump over to the top of it, barely using the force to help her get across but knocking several of the Senator’s things on the floor in the process.

“Unless you want me to see that this gets to the media ASAP, here’s what you’re going to do. First, you’re going wipe away the mess of everything that you’ve been doing since we first arrived here from Bespin – The interrogations, the ship searches, the kill-order on Tseneca, and anything else I’m not aware of. Then, once you’ve cleaned up that mess, you’re going resign, and make you’re going to make your sorry @$$ disappear on some planet that’s even more backwater than this one.”

She walked right up to Vaxim to bring the two face to face.

“And then, once you get there, you’re going to start a new, quite life where you will be satisfied with the simple things and no one will ever again have to put up with your :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil: baggery.”

She slowly but firmly poked her finger into the mans chest as she finished her list of demands.

“Is that understood?”

For a moment, Vaxim simply stood in place, his face betraying both anger and despair.

“You win this round, Ms. Anulay.” Vaxim said, trying to make some kind of insult out of deliberately leaving out her title. “I’ll follow the demands of your blackmail – and it is blackmail – for now.”

He slowly reached up and pushed Jade’s finger away.

“But believe me, you haven’t heard the last of Senator Harris Vaxim. Believe me, the day will come when you will rue the day we crossed paths!”

Jade smiled in spite of his threat.

“I look forward to seeing you try.” She said as she began to walk around him, leaning in to deliver the words straight into his ear as she went. She filled the phrase with a heavy threatening tone as she did, practically begging him to try but making it clear she wasn’t about to let him get away with it if he did.

“I believe our business is concluded here.” Jade said as she began to walk towards the doors. Sethe quickly up and followed, not interested in sticking around any longer than he needed to.

“I expect you to tend to things in short order.” She continued, and briefly turned around to continue addressing him. “We will be watching to ensure you hold up your end of the deal, and don’t think for a moment that I’ll hesitate to make sure the galaxy knows of what you’ve been up to.”

As she turned to walk out, she found the path blocked by a pair of guards who seemed hesitant to let her through.

“If you don’t mind?” She said, and turned back to Vaxim.

“Let them through.” The soon-to-be-EX-Senator said with a heavy sigh. The two guards reluctantly stepped aside, and Jade grinned and nodded a thanks to both of them as she passed through.

“Now let’s make sure everyone gets out of here so we can leave this rock and get you to Dac.” Said Jade as the walked down the hallway.

“About dast time.” Sethe said.

(Click Here to Continue - Reading down through to the end of the post by Sethe below recommended first)
 Back to top »
Jairon Blake
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 31st 2011 01:49pm    Post subject:

Tseneca was released the next afternoon and brought to the Tessaret by an armed escort. She looked wan and warn out, with dark circles under her eyes and a frown a mile long. Jairon, Kyp, Nor, Jade and Bella met her outside of the ship. She shrugged off the guard roughly and scowled. They left without a word.

When she looked at the others, her face, though tired, was a picture of relief.

"Thank you." She breathed.

"Thank Captain Anulay." Jairon said. "a good 70% of this was her idea."

Jade looked uncomfortable, but Tseneca approached her. "I owe you one." She told the captain. "I really do mean that."

Jade shrugged non-commitally, but Jairon could see the quirk of a smile in her eyes. The two women shook hands warmly.

"I hate to be the party crasher." Kyp said. "But there's a lot more to this than you getting thrown in a prison cell."

The group leaned around the ship, and as Kyp and Bella related the gravity of the story behind her arrest, Tseneca looked more and more grey in the face. The story wrapped up and when she spoke, her voice was low.

"I should have guessed that I couldn't knock Dmtir down without repercussions. I completely forgot about Pietro."

"He sounds forgettable..." Jairon put in, but Tseneca shook her head.

"No, its not that, I just forgot that I should take him seriously." She shifted gears, her reverie broken. "Where's Jonathan? Can I see him?"

Kyp nodded, and he and Bella led her into the ship.

Now alone, Jairon looked at Jade. "You and I need to talk." He said after a moment.

"What of?" She asked. she was seemingly more patient with him than anyone else, oddly he knew he had that effect on people.

"Sethe. If your planning on taking him to Dac, thats fine, he needs to cool off. But I'm going to follow."

She looked put out. "Why? That's ludicrous."

"Yeah, I wish it made more sense to me too." He said. "Thing is, the stuff thats going on with Sethe needs to be seen to by someone who knows him, and I think I might be able to help."

She scoffed. "You don't know him any more than I do. It seems to me that all your people are doing is goading him and making his life miserable."

He was blunt. "I want to look out for him. I owe it to my brother."

She didn't respond to that, but after a second of thought, nodded slowly. She would understand the responsibility he felt, certainly.

She shrugged non-chalantly. "I'm just the cabbie." She said. "I'll get him there, you babysit. Just watch your back."

He gave her a short smile and they clasped wrists in a gesture of friendship, however relative. "Let me know when you leave." Jairon said. "I'll send you off."

She nodded "will do." then turned back to her ship to prep for take off.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 31st 2011 02:47pm    Post subject:

Tseneca followed Kyp into the medbay on board the Tessaret. Jonathan was still hooked up to a bacta drip, but there was a very small girl, about four years old, sitting on his stomach. He was talking to her in a lively voice, and she was making motions animatedly with her hands. She came in at the tail end of the conversation.

"I think that's very bold." He said. "That Ms. Isabel said all that..."

"She was very brave, daddy."

Bella interrupted, as she came in the door with them. "I was great, wasn't I?"

The little girl hopped down from Jonathan, and he made a small "oof" sound and winced slightly. It was slight, but Tseneca caught it. Jonathan turned from his small daughter and his eyes found hers. She felt her heart skip unexpectedly and his face lit when he saw her. He smiled.

"You okay?" He asked, and tried to sit. She used the force to hold him down lightly.

"I'm better. You shouldn't get up, though." She approached the side of the bed. "I heard what happened. Jonathan, I'm so sorry, I--"

He took her hand and rubbed his thumb on her knuckle. "Don't. Everything is fine now, so don't apologize." He looked at the others. "Your friends are good in a pinch."

She looked at Bella and Kyp who were talking with the little girl. "They certainly are." The little girl turned and ran back over to the bed, climbing up once more. Langdon smiled and ran a hand over her long blonde hair. "Tseneca, this is my daughter, Lilly."

Lilly suddenly looked shy, and put her head on Jonathan's chest, looking up at Tseneca with bright blue eyes. In a second, Tseneca felt her chest soften, and her heart lift ten times over. "Hello, Lilly." She said softly, entreating the child. All at once, Tseneca was reminded of her dream; of the feeling of motherhood that it had brought to her in her moment of hopelessness. Seeing this little girl, She suddenly felt thawed out.

"Hi." Lilly said shyly.

"Lilly, darling. Why don't you go find madge and see if she can get you some lunch?" Jonathan said, still stroking his daughter's hair.

Jairon was at the door, Tseneca hadn't seen him approach. "Why don't I get us all some lunch. I'll go see what we can find in the galley."

"Good call." Kyp and Bella ushered Lilly out of the room along with them.

It was quiet, and now that they were alone, Tseneca looked at Jonathan.

"We'll viceroy, I certainly got you in a pickle."

He chuckled, but winced again at the effort.

"Does it really hurt?" She asked, and looked at the bacta drip, where the flow was steady.

He shrugged. "I'll be fine in a few days. Just need to get whatever's left of that drek out of my system. Honestly, its nothing worse then a bad flu; aches and all."

She sighed. "I feel like I've wrecked everything. Your career... god, Lilly..."

He grasped her hand again. "Tseneca, Senator Vaxim was beyond corrupt. I never liked working for that man, and if I'd known he was black marketing F'dict, I would have resigned long ago."

"Resigned?" She was surprised.

He nodded. "I put in my letter an hour ago. I spoke to Bella, she seems to be under the impression her mother can use my help back home. I may no longer be viceroy, but my political affiliations are just as strong. It sounds like Allaterial can use all the help she can get, in light of... recent events"

Once more, she was surprised... albeit pleasantly. "You're coming to Kuat with us?"

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bella's fighter can't hold passengers, so you're the one thats going to need a ship."

"some cheek." She commented, and smirked. "But, yes, of course, turn it all around on me."

He grinned, and she felt herself melt a little at that. She smoothed his bedding a little, suddenly feeling shy. She barely new this man...

He reached up and pushed the hair back from her face. She looked at him, and saw that his eyes were bright. She swallowed, her mouth suddenly dry.

"You must be feeling better..." She croaked.

"Not terribly." He answered. "But I think much of our business is relatively unfinished."

"God, you're such a politician." She said, and without a second word, leaned down and kissed him gently, and deeply.
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 31st 2011 04:12pm    Post subject:

After packing his bag up, Sethe passed by the med bay and halted, ducking back behind the door.

Seeing Tseneca kissing Langdon made him feel like he was being pummeled by a battering ram. He swallowed, his mouth suddenly dry, and backed the other way, thinking it would have been far less painful getting shot than watching her lock lips with that...

He sighed, slinging his pack over his shoulder. He was lacking in himself and he knew it. The last few months had been absolutely insane, and, if anything, he was better off finding the cure and heading back to coruscant. Hell, maybe all the way back to Argau, set up a side business running materials back and forth for some conglomorate or other...

Oh god. That was depressing.

He exited the gangplank, hoping to get away before he was but was stopped by a throat clearing. He turned at the bottom of the ship and saw Kyp standing in front of the entryway. Inwardly, Sethe groaned.

"alright old man, if your gonna give me a lecture, get on with it. I don't have a hell of a lot of time."

Kyp frowned. "I'm not giving you a lecture. It strikes me as abstract that you think so little of me."

"Then why are you here?" Sethe said.

Kyps hands were hidden in his robes, Sethe dully noted. The fact didn't make him any less uneasy. But Kyp sighed, and slumped a little seeding away some of his Jedi self-rightousness.

"I just want you to be sure this is something you want to do, thats all. I know people are upset, but the fact remains that the Blight Leaper passengers support you, regardless of your mistakes."

Sethe looked way from Kyp's prying eyes. "You all don't need me."

"All?" Kyp said, and the implications echoed.

"She doesn't need me. Doesn't want me. She's moved on."

"I'm sorry you think that." Kyp said.

"What else am I supposed to think?" He was trying not to raise his voice. "If you knew how much I--" He cut himself off, putting his hand up defensively. "I've made a lot of mistakes, I get that. But she wont stop faulting me for the ones I made that cost too much. She can owe the deaths of her best friends to me, and I wont deny that I--" He stopped, then exhaled. "Why am I even talking to you about this."

Kyp tilted his head inquisitively. "No, go on. Its more than enlightening."

"I have to go." Sethe turned is back on the Jedi.

"You won't say goodbye to her." It was a comment, not a question.

Sethe said nothing, only set off for the Hive Queen.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Varonat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: