Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Kuat Orbital Array
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Kuat » Kuat Orbital Array
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, June 30th 2011 03:28am    Post subject: Kuat Orbital Array

Badim stretched his arms while in his rather comfortable chair. Spending a few days in the residential section nearest the Fate wouldn’t be too bad. The costs were about as much to be expected, but a final tap from Candrog’s account would cover the cost of repairs and living expenses for the duration of their stay. For now however he was slaving over the data-console inquiring on a bounty hunter license. If they were going to start bounty hunting, might as well do it correctly, they may even get governmental work. They’d get bigger pay as well with a proper permit, not only that a permit was required in Imperial Remnant space.
A tiresome groan, a restless sigh and he was making slow progress on the form for Clare and himself. Resth and Jan may have agreed for the ship to change roles to a bounty hunting vessel, but they didn’t opt to be put into harms way. They served their role in all of this, which is all Badim would have wanted.

His eyes started to blink more frequently and it became increasingly difficult to keep them open. He could save the form for when he was rested. He looked over his shoulder to the bed behind him. It’s beige sheets and blankets comforting Clare as she slept on one side of it, sheets of which he’d like to point out were pretty ruffled and wrinkled with certain actions having taken place on them.

He turned his attention back to the data-console, debating whether to let his mind rest or not.

It became fairly obvious that he chose to rest, having saved his current information and the data-console powering down. Already realizing he didn’t need to do much else in the way of preparing for bed, noticing he was still shirtless, he crawled into bed and scooted next to Clare. The last light in the room faded away when the data-console finally was off and Badim’s eyes closed.

Badim Soilding First Previous Next Latest
Clare Velez First Previous Next Latest

Corask Slen'da
Solomon

Post Posted: Mon, July 04th 2011 08:23pm    Post subject:

Kuat Orbital Array

MESSAGE FOR BADIM SOILDING

"Master Solding. This is Cragus 12. It has been some time since we have crossed paths on the Vertical City. Since your reputation has grown among the underfringes of the Galaxy, however, I assume your business has been good."

"Speaking of business, I am assembling a team of hunters for a private bounty. Our patron has deep pockets for hiring above-standard field rates, plus salvage and bounty bonuses. We need an independent operator who is comfortable both heavy weapons and knife-work, and you're one of the first that came to mind. We are to infiltrate the target's defences and capture him dead or alive, but if we're discovered, we expect a firefight."

"If you are interested, come to the StarForge Shadowport, and meet us at Lerann's Cantina. If not, until the next time we meet."

Tag: Orrion Carn
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, July 05th 2011 01:56am    Post subject:

Clare returned to the room Badim was in, their room while Resth and Jan bunked in another while they all awaited repairs to complete on their ship. Badim was finishing up their bounty hunting licenses, and Clare brought back some breakfast from a nearby, small-time restaurant, having dropped off breakfast to their medics, she entered the room. Badim was still at his data-console, doing what she suspected he was doing with finalizing their licenses. He closed his eyes as the smell of eggs, hotcakes and nerf-strips entered his nose. A sigh and he stepped way from the console with his eyes glancing between the food and herself. She set the meal down, knowing the periodic aides would come and retrieve the tray like the motel staff they were.

She and Badim divided the meal evenly, or as close to evenly as they could. Satisfied she had the majority of hotcakes and a few nerf-strips, she glazed the cakes in some syrup and began to dig in along with Badim.
“How are the licenses coming?” She asked while using her fork to slice a layer of hotcakes into a miniature triangle.
Badim paused and shuddered after too large of a bite went down his throat. Taking a sip of some flavored nerf-milk, which was better than the somewhat bitter tasting nerf-milk was by itself, he tilted his head upwards.
“It’s coming along. A signature here, a name there and we should have it ready to be transmitted to some holo-cards.” He smiled somewhat at his accomplishment, obviously it wasn’t an easy application form.
“How was your sleep?” Badim asked.
“Better than it has been these past few weeks.” She admitted, a thin grin forming at the edge of her lips.

Clare hadn’t slept well since they started this little adventure to put an end to Subject 001, and it didn’t lighten when she found out she was a clone. It only really started getting better after Badim and herself had finally come to terms with each other, again, she should mention. It was hard being an assassin and seeing another assassin. One would think they’d be the perfect match, same interests as it were. But they were also very closed off from each other, making it difficult to open up to each other to connect. This time they should try to do so, in the least she was going to try.
Though sleep wasn’t the most important thing to be happening as of right now. The data-console began to chime with a message. How it was being wired through to them, she didn’t know, she just knew either of them had a message and they put their meals and conversations aside.

Standing over Badim, Clare watched while he played the message. A ghostly blue hologram appeared before them, a masculine man hidden beneath layers of armor. Chrome armor hiding his torso, legs and head while metal gauntlets and boots covered his appendages. He spread his armored arms apart and spoke.
"Master Solding. This is Cragus 12. It has been some time since we have crossed paths on the Vertical City. Since your reputation has grown among the underfringes of the Galaxy, however, I assume your business has been good."

Truth was, business with Dirod had been ended for Badim, so this Cragus must have been going on information that hadn‘t been changed as of late. Cragus brought his arms back in and coupled his fingers together.
"Speaking of business, I am assembling a team of hunters for a private bounty. Our patron has deep pockets for hiring above-standard field rates, plus salvage and bounty bonuses. We need an independent operator who is comfortable both heavy weapons and knife-work, and you're one of the first that came to mind. We are to infiltrate the target's defences and capture him dead or alive, but if we're discovered, we expect a firefight."

The man nodded. "If you are interested, come to the StarForge Shadowport, and meet us at Lerann's Cantina. If not, until the next time we meet."

The message ended and Cragus 12 disappeared. Badim leaned back and pressed his fingers to his bridge and gently rubbed.
“Cragus, Cragus, Cragus.” Badim muttered with lower tone than the cheerful Badim who was at the table just a moment ago. He let out a sigh. “If he’s interested in a bounty, there’s credits involved.” He looked up at Clare. “But it’s usually challenging.”

“When has anything we’ve done been anything but challenging?” Clare summarized. Badim’s eyes widened somewhat.
“You’re not considering going along with this?”
“I am.” Clare leaned in behind Badim. “It’s credits. It’s a bounty.” She ran her fingers along Badim’s collarbone. “And it’s just the excuse you need to get into this career.”
Badim chuckled. “Me?”
“You brought it up a few days ago.” She stood and strolled back to the table. “And I’m just the willing partner.” She said amusingly.
“Woah hold on.” Badim jumped up and grabbed her arm. “You’re not just a partner to me, Clare. I brought you in on the decision because we were both going to work together. If you weren‘t willing to become a bounty hunter--”
“Mm-hm.” She hummed, wiggling out of his hold and stepping closer to Badim.
He paused, noticing the way her eyes were lit and the growing amused grin continually brightened her expression. “You were being sarcastic weren’t you?”

Clare stood on the balls of her feet and brought her lips to his left ear. “What gave it away?” She kissed, then stepped away and sat back down in front of her meal.
Badim rolled his eyes and followed. “That’s what I get for being with an assassin that loves to mess with my head.” He resolved while digging back into his own meal.
Her face turned dead-cold serious, though she tried to keep the sarcastic overlay apparent. “I’ve got to exercise my talents some way now don’t I? Or else I get as rusty as-”
“Hey!” Badim pointed his fork at her. “You floor me during our sparring one time, and now I’m rusty?”
Clare chuckled and took a bite of her hotcakes. “Of course not.”
Badim sighed.
Clare smiled. “Of course, if I beat you again…” She teased.
He groaned. “Natural talents I’ll assume?”

Clare winked, and took another bite.

Clare Velez First Previous Next Latest
Badim Soilding First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Kuat » Kuat Orbital Array
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: