Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Help Princess Leah... you're her only hope! AND get STUFF!
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Help Princess Leah... you're her only hope! AND get STUFF!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, June 23rd 2011 11:52am    Post subject: Help Princess Leah... you're her only hope! AND get STUFF!

Okay, I figured it out, I was having problems with the HTML....

ANYWAY, now that I have you're attention:

What a lot of you don't know about me is that I spend a majority of my time working with children who have severe disabilities. By severe, I mean (not limited to) low to zero motor function, low to zero verbal function, heavy physical disabilities such as cerebral palsy, microcephaly and above all, siezure disorder.

As an in home health provider working for regional centers here in california, one of the main problems parents with these children are having to deal with is a loss of budget regarding services to their children, including early intervention programs that can aid infants early on in their disabilities, and make a headway for them in both communication and health.

As health providers and parents/siblings of children with special needs here in California, we have always relied on the Lanterman act to "declare that persons with developmental disabilities have the same legal rights and responsibilities guaranteed all other persons by federal and state constitutions and laws, and charge the regional center with advocacy for, and protection of, these rights". While a lot of you don't live here in Cali, you should be aware that budget cuts being implemented by our government are cutting corners that directly affect the Lanterman act, as well as ADA requirements.

So now, MY POINT: I came across this while I was surfing the web, and I thought it was suitable for this forum. A little girl named Leah, only a few months old, is suffering from medical problems that places her in the category of many of the children I nurse. She is, as i stated earlier, a qualifier for early infant intervention, but what is lacking is funding.

A beautiful picture of Leah...

http://youtu.be/-C8TLHIOVEU
And a video too!

keep in mind, that what i'm showing you isn't the extent of it. In these pictures and videos, Leah looks fine. But in many others, her siezures and health problems have taken their toll.

This isn't a pyramid scheme. A few days ago, a group of people who care about Leah posted on facebook a donate/contest to help the little girl and win FABULOUS STAR WARS PRIZES. this is why I wanted to post this, because I felt Like it was relevant to our forum, and a good way to contribute to something I personally am passionate about.

Here is a link to the campain to donate to the "Princess Leah" fund and instructions on how to enter the raffle for some really cool prizes, including great props and replicas donated by people and higher uppers.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/falin-skirata/lets-help-dsb-frani-and-princess-leah-prop-auction-lots-of-prizes/231520853530287#!/notes/falin-skirata/lets-help-dsb-frani-and-princess-leah-prop-auction-lots-of-prizes/231520853530287

also, here is a link to Leah's blogsite, with everything you need to know about whats going on in her world:

http://princessleahdiaries.blogspot.com/

and finally, If you would like to read more about the lanterman act and whats going on in my neck of the woods (and also yours) concerning ADA check out:

http://www.altaregional.org/
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, June 23rd 2011 11:56am    Post subject:

Back to top »
Orrion Carn
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, June 23rd 2011 11:56am    Post subject:

Jess is having problems. She was telling me on MSN.
"Yep, hand to hand combat is the old school way to kill your enemies. Killing a man with your bare hands says 'We're all equals as men' except I'm slightly more equal because I'm still alive and your dead. Of course dropping a nuke on them from 50 thousand feet is totally acceptable. I mean let's face it, there just not enough time in this world to show everybody the courtesy of a good strangling." -Sarge

This tune can make anything you do sound heroic. *Starts eating a cheeseburger*
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, June 23rd 2011 11:59am    Post subject:

why can't I post!!!

EDIT: Fixed. look in the first box... the reasons the links wont work is because everytime i made them active, I couldn't post. Hence the screw up.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, June 26th 2011 10:53am    Post subject:

You want me to split off those blanks?

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Sun, June 26th 2011 09:35pm    Post subject:

Lovely, yes please. although, it doesnt look like anyones going to comment anyway.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, June 26th 2011 09:47pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I'm not sure many people know how to respond. We don't usually deal in the heavy stuff here... but I think the work you're doing with these kids is very touching and important.

I'm glad they have you to look out for them. :)

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Orrion Carn
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, June 26th 2011 10:14pm    Post subject:

Agreed.
"Yep, hand to hand combat is the old school way to kill your enemies. Killing a man with your bare hands says 'We're all equals as men' except I'm slightly more equal because I'm still alive and your dead. Of course dropping a nuke on them from 50 thousand feet is totally acceptable. I mean let's face it, there just not enough time in this world to show everybody the courtesy of a good strangling." -Sarge

This tune can make anything you do sound heroic. *Starts eating a cheeseburger*
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Sun, June 26th 2011 11:14pm    Post subject:

aw thanks. i just thought this might be a good place for it, since you can win star wars prizes too... lol
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, June 26th 2011 11:34pm    Post subject:

lol.
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, June 27th 2011 12:15am    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Honestly, I'm not sure many people know how to respond. We don't usually deal in the heavy stuff here... but I think the work you're doing with these kids is very touching and important.

I'm glad they have you to look out for them. :)

Moff IS evil. :P

And I give this little girl my good karma of the day!
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Help Princess Leah... you're her only hope! AND get STUFF!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: