Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Well, as Ricky said so long ago…
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Well, as Ricky said so long ago…
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Mon, February 14th 2011 01:12am    Post subject: Well, as Ricky said so long ago…

...I gots some ‘splainin’ to do.

To start off, I just want to say that I’m sorry. Sorry for vanishing off the face of Unity without warning, sorry for leaving some of you hanging on plots, sorry for any inconveniences or problems my disappearance caused. There were a myriad of issues responsible, and I’ll get into them for a bit for those of you who are interested, but if none of you ever want to speak to me again I completely understand. :(

It really started with school. October was when I found out my grades were suffering (First semester in college is always a wakeup call, I suppose), particularly in History, so I made a decision to try and spend less time online and more time in academics. This was partially successful, and I was able to turn my grades around in time for Finals in December. Before then, however, came the health issues in my family.

In late October/early November, my Dad started having some minor-moderate stomach pains. We weren’t sure what it was, so we made an appointment for him to see the doctor and considered it a small issue…until early one night when he got up in the middle of an episode of SGU complaining of intense pains and had to be rushed to the hospital. I spent several hours waiting at home (My sister wasn’t home when he left with my Mom, and I didn’t want to leave her on her own when she got back) worrying, praying, and pleading that it wasn’t a heart attack or internal bleeding or some other crazy thing my mind would come up with. Finally my Mom texted me saying that he was fine, and that the doctors had found out that there were issues with his gallbladder (His body had been trying to pass stones). This meant that he would have to have surgery to remove it, as it was basically useless at this point, and occupied more of my thinking.

As time went on, Unity slipped further and further into the back of my mind. Some of my close friends IRL came home for Thanksgiving holiday, and we made plans to party over Christmas break as well. Finals came up, papers were due, and I found myself writing less and less. Overall, there really wasn’t a conscious ‘decision’ to drop from Unity per se; it just sort of happened. I kept telling myself that when Finals were over I would get back on and restart the plots I had been looking forward to (Jedi and Scepter of Ragnos mostly), but the end of the semester came and went, and I still didn’t log on. Friends came home, and I spent nearly every waking moment of the first of four weeks of break hanging out with them (We were all good mates in high school, and most of us scattered for different schools) and not doing much online. Then, before I knew it, spring semester was starting back up and I was running around to get everything ready for my next run.

Then, one day while checking my course list online, I happened to notice that after all this time I hadn’t gotten around to deleting the Unity bookmark from my favorites list. I’m not sure why I didn’t, since I haven’t been on in months (Hell, I haven’t even been on MSN), but I recently realized the magnitude of what I was missing. I’ve known many of you since my first days at VIII; some more recently than that, but I regard all of you as my friends just the same. I remember the great times I had creating an amazing story with all of you, weaving an epic tale of love and war and friendship and loss in the stars, and I thought “What the hell am I doing?” I had dropped Unity by the wayside and forgotten about it. The RPG I had poured hours of my life into, writing and sculpting and creating with the same passion I normally reserve for church or my family and friendships, had ceased to be a part of my life. And I had let it happen with my apathy.

I will be damned if I let this part of my life go without a fight, and that isn’t bluster. I have spent far too much time and made too many friends here to simply drop it all like an old hat when I grow tired of it. There might be ups and downs in the future, and I might not be able to post very often during certain periods, but I will not stand by and let Unity slip out of my life without at least seeing it through to its end, whatever that may be.

So in the end, I guess what I’m trying to say is: I’m back. :)

"Do svidonya, mothaf**ka."
-Moff's reaction to spambots.
 Back to top »
Tarison Var
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, February 14th 2011 05:39pm    Post subject:

No worries, Cheapy. Life happens.

Sadly... I'm not going to be sticking around anymore. The most I can do is make a few more posts for Solo on another forum so she doesn't get stuck, then concentrate on life. Too much stuff going on with hobbies I've gotten into and liked more than RP'ing, working on getting another job (Left my old one due to girlfriend problems) and just spending some time with my family more.

Sorry everyone, though Cheapy's coming back, well... I'm taking off. Ran out of juice :(

Code of the Sith
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, February 14th 2011 08:08pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Then, one day while checking my course list online, I happened to notice that after all this time I hadn’t gotten around to deleting the Unity bookmark from my favorites list. I’m not sure why I didn’t, since I haven’t been on in months (Hell, I haven’t even been on MSN), but I recently realized the magnitude of what I was missing. I’ve known many of you since my first days at VIII; some more recently than that, but I regard all of you as my friends just the same. I remember the great times I had creating an amazing story with all of you, weaving an epic tale of love and war and friendship and loss in the stars, and I thought “What the hell am I doing?” I had dropped Unity by the wayside and forgotten about it. The RPG I had poured hours of my life into, writing and sculpting and creating with the same passion I normally reserve for church or my family and friendships, had ceased to be a part of my life. And I had let it happen with my apathy.

You didn't miss much. And I was in a similar situation academically last semester... and possibly the next one. I would never ask anyone to sacrifice their real life for the sake of a silly online game.

How is your dad doing?

Quote:
No worries, Cheapy. Life happens.

Sadly... I'm not going to be sticking around anymore. The most I can do is make a few more posts for Solo on another forum so she doesn't get stuck, then concentrate on life. Too much stuff going on with hobbies I've gotten into and liked more than RP'ing, working on getting another job (Left my old one due to girlfriend problems) and just spending some time with my family more.

Sorry everyone, though Cheapy's coming back, well... I'm taking off. Ran out of juice :(

...Oh no. Now you've done it...

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Riene Zend
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, February 14th 2011 08:09pm    Post subject:

Hi, Orrion. Riene... hungry...

Expand
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Mon, February 14th 2011 09:17pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
You didn't miss much. And I was in a similar situation academically last semester... and possibly the next one. I would never ask anyone to sacrifice their real life for the sake of a silly online game.

How is your dad doing?

He's completely fine, now. He had the surgery in mid-December, and by now he's back to eating most of his favorite foods (He can't eat animal fat anymore, but he never had much of that in his diet anyway). Thanks for asking. :)

Quote:

KHAAAAAAAAAAN! :(

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, February 14th 2011 09:22pm    Post subject:

Don't worry, he's not leaving. Riene just chewed off his legs. <_<

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Mon, February 14th 2011 09:26pm    Post subject:

Cheapy, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. As Moff mentioned, he and I had the exact same situation academically in the last semester. I think it's less strenuous this semester (for me at least), but if you need the time, you need the time. I'm just happy you're back. :)

And I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better. Any health problem with family is always really scary. =/

And Orrion, you're staying, cut it out. :p
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, February 14th 2011 10:07pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Don't worry, he's not leaving. Riene just chewed off his legs. <_<

And that's what cybernetics were invented for.
Tarison Var
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, February 15th 2011 12:25am    Post subject:

No really guys, I don't think I can stay.

And even if Riene chomped on my legs, which she did. I just know they were love bites being Valentines day :p

Sorry guys, I have absolutely no idea what to post at all. Can't even get my characters there. Sara's been waiting for a reply from Jess and she's gone.

Just don't have the time anymore, sorry.

Code of the Sith
 Back to top »
Riene Zend
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, February 15th 2011 12:44am    Post subject:

Nothing wrong with an iron-rich diet.

Expand
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, February 15th 2011 12:05pm    Post subject:

If that were true, Reine would have eaten the TE's assault fleet by now. :p

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, February 15th 2011 12:41pm    Post subject:

Quote:
No really guys, I don't think I can stay.... Sorry guys, I have absolutely no idea what to post at all. Can't even get my characters there. Sara's been waiting for a reply from Jess and she's gone.

Just don't have the time anymore, sorry.

Yes you can. You can stay. :(

Quote:
And even if Riene chomped on my legs, which she did. I just know they were love bites being Valentines day :p

...You don't usually... oh never mind. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Tarison Var
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, February 15th 2011 06:51pm    Post subject:

I talked to Han, I'll be staying, but no guarantee on posting.

Can leave the game, but not the community. :p

Code of the Sith
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, February 15th 2011 09:22pm    Post subject:

Tarison Var wrote:
I talked to Han, I'll be staying, but no guarantee on posting.

Can leave the game, but not the community. :p

Just when you thought yous was out...dey pulled you back in!

Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Tue, February 15th 2011 09:24pm    Post subject:

Still would like for you to continue posting, but I understand that's something you can't force. Either way, I will continue to pest you. :p

Also, welcome back, Cheapy!
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, February 22nd 2011 10:37pm    Post subject:

All will return to the fold... or they shall face the Wrath of Riene.

...Come to think of it, can we name Unity II that? :p

Expand

Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, February 23rd 2011 01:35pm    Post subject:

I'm going to vote, No, on that one. :P
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Well, as Ricky said so long ago…
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: