Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Prayer request needed
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Prayer request needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 01:17am    Post subject: Prayer request needed

Alright, basically I need a prayer request for a neighbor's kids up here. 'The Cougan's kids' (Can't spell their names atm)

Here's the story:

Our neighbor is bipolar, and slightly insane. He hasn't been taking his pills, has been testy on several different situations over the past few years since his wife died. He's been taking it out on the kids with heavy amounts of choirs, abusing them and so on and so forth. Social Services has been there several times in the past year, he's on several strikes from the sheriff and it's not getting better.

Now, my family and the rest of our area were alerted that the kids went missing, and had been missing for two hours, so the story goes. It's dark, raining snow and it's 30 degrees. We've been looking, and our neighbor is cool as a cucumber as my Dad had explained. Not worried one bit that his kids are gone, and he seemed absolutely happy about it.

Until we called the police, that is.

He was shouting through the trees, "Somebody called the cops!", my Dad yelled out, "Well that's good!", Cougan replied, "Not for me!"

He's been suspicious lately, we haven't seen the kids in days, their dogs for longer.

We don't know where the nine and fourteen year old are, Search and Rescue is on the scene now and beginning their search, but we think Cougan did something to the kids. There are no tracks in the snow anywhere, so either they are hiding right under everyone's noses, or something's up.

Now the story about how this happened goes that Cougan gave his kids a super long list of choirs, it was the final straw for the kids and they ran away. When Cougan calmly went around the neighborhood finding them, our neighbor asked how long they were gone, that they heard they'd been gone for two hours, he told her, "Hehe (Laughing!) They've been gone for more than two hours."

Long story short, this probably isn't going to end badly. So we need prayers. Thank you so much, I don't think I've done a prayer request here before, I'm just glad I have you guys to ask for prayers, we've known these kids for a while and we're worried. We think something happened because the kids know they can come to our houses for protection, we all know Cougan is crazy, bipolar and a lot of things. We just hope they're okay.
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 01:56am    Post subject:

Man, I don't even know where to begin with this. I can definitely see this as quite the shocker and I can't even begin to imagine what you all must be going through. All I can say is I wish you the best of luck with your search and my prayers will definitely be with you and the children tonight. I hope God will return them to you safely.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 02:06am    Post subject:

I agree. Good Luck :cry:
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 04:20am    Post subject:

Thanks for the prayers, we found them. Didn't hear much about the situation, but they found them.

I just hope Social Services actually takes the kids this time after this. Cougan keeps getting away with forcing them to tell the social workers that everything's alright, because for sure we know it's not alright.

Hopefully they see this time that they need to be pulled and go to the grandparents or some relative.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Prayer request needed
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: