Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Rekindling Activity Plot
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » Rekindling Activity Plot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, January 21st 2011 04:09pm    Post subject: Rekindling Activity Plot

Pulling from what Carn and Solo talked about in the other thread, with a few additions, this is what I have:

[UNDETERMINED PLANET]

- Everyone arrives on their own accord, for whatever reason.

Shortly into it, the True Empire shows up.

Now they were originally planning a blockade of the planet, perhaps for resources or cooperation, surrender, whatever... there are a bunch of reasons the True Empire could show up... but the TE commander learns of some high-ranking "political targets". ex: Han Solo, so they launch strike teams.

The FIRST STRIKE TEAM FAILS, due to player and native tactics. The True Empire has the ability to scrap the whole planet and be done with it, but decides to try again, but this time, Lumiya shows up and offers the True Empire her services.

With a spy already in close quarters to Solo, she is able to capture him with ease and brings him aboard one of the True Empire vessels. A "conversation" ensues.

Meanwhile on the surface, the remaining natives and players that had survived Lumiya's raid (which happened to be perfect, which could arouse suspicion of a spy... and a little finger-pointing drama) plan a counter-raid, probably sneaking aboard a supply ship - probably full of a resource or item the True Empire came for, or perhaps, one of the TE's own vessels. (Using Endor as a historical reference for this particular tactic. :P)

Lightsabers and blasters clash in a dramatic fight to save the Corellian, when in just the nick of time, a NR or IR fleet arrives....

Armadas clash, enough for our heroes to escape the battlefield.

[/SCENE]

Feel free to clean this up a bit. :P
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, January 21st 2011 04:28pm    Post subject:

Sounds good to me :D

I'll work on getting my characters there. ASAP.
 Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Fri, January 21st 2011 04:29pm    Post subject:

Sounds good to me too. I can certainly participate as Leia.
Han

Post Posted: Fri, January 21st 2011 04:38pm    Post subject:

I love the rough outline. At this point, I think it's just working out the fine details and who's going to be where and who's doing what...stuff like that.

But that's what this thread is for. :wink:
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, January 21st 2011 11:07pm    Post subject: Re: Rekindling Activity Plot

Lucas Pallanén-Davad wrote:
With a spy already in close quarters to Solo, she is able to capture him with ease and brings him aboard one of the True Empire vessels. A "conversation" ensues.

What kind of conversation are we thinking of? Because I have a couple ideas with Morgan that may or may not work depending on what other specifics might end up being used.
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Sat, January 22nd 2011 03:57am    Post subject:

Well, this could be a good way to see that Alex and I have actually put our personal qualms aside :P

I figure Jase and team our there for different reasons, but show up too late to prevent Hans abduction. Then they can assist in the rescue.

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, January 22nd 2011 05:29am    Post subject:

Hey Jase, if Sara's there this would be the perfect opportunity for her to get in with the Denora Academy temporarily. Afterwards she hitches a ride with Jase and he takes her to Bogden.

Kinda like he sees her in action and sees potential or whatever. Just tossing that out.
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Sat, January 22nd 2011 05:57am    Post subject:

Sure!

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Expand
 Back to top »
Sahana
Gelus

Post Posted: Sat, January 22nd 2011 11:22am    Post subject:

Yay, a new play thing for Sahana ^^

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Sat, January 22nd 2011 03:37pm    Post subject: Re: Rekindling Activity Plot

Morgan ZIM wrote:

What kind of conversation are we thinking of? Because I have a couple ideas with Morgan that may or may not work depending on what other specifics might end up being used.

I'm not sure myself. It's something we didn't really go over yet, but it seems like Alex has some kind of idea. Maybe he'll be able to help you.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, January 22nd 2011 07:01pm    Post subject: Re: Rekindling Activity Plot

Han Solo wrote:
Morgan ZIM wrote:

I'm not sure myself. It's something we didn't really go over yet, but it seems like Alex has some kind of idea. Maybe he'll be able to help you.

I'm thinking Lumiya would use some sort of violence and deception to try to get Han Solo to cooperate. What did you have in mind? It's wide open at this point. :)

I agree Jase! :D
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, January 22nd 2011 07:10pm    Post subject:

What I got from 'Conversation' was a polite, decoy word for 'Interrogation' :twisted:

All I need to do with Badim and Clare is get them past Carratos, they then head to Naboo to drop off Badim's parents (Could even happen off-screen), return to Nar Shaddaa to gather the things from their apartments where Clare finds something in Candrog's computer systems, of which leads the two to the certain planet (At this point we might as well make a non-canon one <_< ) for Clare to discover the truth about herself.

Once we determine a planet, I can even shout out a non-canon one if anyone wants, I'll get Sara there and ready for action.

I think Tarison Var is going to be in reserve for a long while, likely after Sara leaves the Bogden Academy, then she'll learn a few darkside powers without realizing they're dark until she knows them than deals with Var :p (But Alex and I have a special plan for that little bit)
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, January 22nd 2011 07:35pm    Post subject:

Maybe everyone should name 3-5 planets to get the brainstorming going. It would be cool if we got this worked out by Tuesday night.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, January 22nd 2011 08:23pm    Post subject:

And they should be planets controlled by either the IR and NR, and on the rim of the Unknown Regions. If someone picked Tatooine, not only would that not be a high target for the TE, it's also way too deep.

I'll get cracking.
Riene Zend
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, January 22nd 2011 11:26pm    Post subject:

...I'm tempted to suggest Endor, but Daara has quashed the idea of a revenge strike there. :(

But the day of reckoning for the murder of the Emperor, the cowardly strike at the Death Star, and those motherfrakking furbags will come! BLOOD WILL FEED THE BURNING FORESTS! THE TREE VILLAGES SHALL BE NO MORE! AND WE'LL SEE HOW MUCH YOU LIKE YOUR SKULLS BEING USED AS DRUMS!

:p

Currently, the TE operates forward bases at Bilbringi (Muunilinst is as far northward as we're going to get). It's close to the Core, so... yeah, Tatooine is way, way out there. Really, most of the "major" planets are too distant or actually strategically unimportant. If I could find my Atlas, I could run through some of the hyperlanes... but I can't.:(

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 12:02am    Post subject:

I have my atlas handy. What did you want me to look for?

Also, I was thinking that a way to get Han out there would be to involve Solo Enterprises in some way. It's not going to matter that much to the overall plotline, but something with enough significance that he would be operating out of there.

Alex, I'm also assuming that you will be abducting Han on the planet itself or did you plan to do that prior to their arrival? I'm a little iffy on the timing of that. And while I'm mentioning Solo Enterprises, maybe it would also be good to discuss if we're going to follow through with the buy-out. Maybe hit me up on MSN later tonight or if you want, we can iron that out here in the thread. Let me know.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 12:15am    Post subject:

Anything and everything on a direct link to Bilbringi. After all, hyperspace lanes are our roads and highways... and planets are just the new towns that need to be secured/garrisoned/conquered to impede an enemy's movement. So, either the TE needs to expand somewhat—and I know Cray hates time-skips—or this needs to be the next conquest. Or, the one immediately after. :p

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 12:23am    Post subject:

I'll see what I can do and get back to you. It's on the bottom of my pile of books, so this should be interesting.
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 12:23am    Post subject:

Wherever it ends up, I need to find a reason for Team Denora to be there

Expand
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 02:15am    Post subject:

Alright, here's a planet and some reasons for this planet I'm suggesting:

1. Bakura
A Galactic Union world, which would have the interests of both Imperial Remnant and New Republic alike, it's also a busy world with a three cities: Salis D'aar (Capital), Gesco City and Prytis.
It's really a political and strategic target, since a historic truce treaty between the Alliance and the Old Empire was signed here (Wiki).
It's major exports, for the strategic portion, are:
    Namana liquor
    Namana-based products
    Repulsorlift coils
    Strategic metals

The former two being luxuries for ranking officers of the TE, once captured. The latter two being a very strategic target since, if held, would provide Repulsor-tech and some armor.

(Personally I think this is The best option. It's near TE space, even though it's not near Bilbringi, it's a TE target against the Union/NR/IR and one it can also benefit from with the metals and Repulsorlift coils, and it has exports and imports for Solo Enterprise)
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 02:22am    Post subject:

Ooo, I like it. It also provides a nice long-term strategic possibility, allowing Zend a means to form a pincer movement on her way to Corsucant and Corulag.

Bilbringi allows her a northern path to the core and a means to start to cut the Empire apart from the New Republic, while Bakura would allow her a more direct aggressive path from the south.
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 02:23am    Post subject:

All in favor?

I
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 03:43am    Post subject:

I!

I like Bakura a lot.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 03:48am    Post subject:

After running the idea by Alex and getting a positive sign, I'm going to post it here to get thoughts on it from the rest of you:

Initially, Morgan and Norrteth will show up not long before Zend's forces arrive, so that the Shape is still in orbit when the attack begins. Not able to escape the system, they'll be forced down on the planet, during which point they'll be separated.

After joining up with the main group, he'll learn that Nico is part of the group as well, though despite the grudge between them, they can't outright kill each other there or then.

He will, however, get the idea to use Zend's forces as a means of getting rid of her. Either contacting them directly or getting pinned down without an escape plan after a fight, he'll make a deal with them where he will supposedly sell out the resistance group.

However, his real plan is to arrange it so that when the supposed backstab happens, it'll only be Nico who gets caught/killed by TE forces while everyone else can use the opportunity to potentially get a way off the planet.

Nico, however, being the clever and resourceful little bugger that she is, manages to get an idea that something is up, and manages to wreck Morgan's plan in such a way that Han is captured instead, and to avoid making things worse, Morgan has to act like that was his plan all along (mostly, since he'll claim he intended to help catch most of them, it just didn't pan out that way).

While everyone else would still be on the planet, Morgan would use the opportunity of supposedly being on the side of the True Empire to find Norrteth and the Shape, then use his status as an agent on the inside to help get Han free and make it easier for the surface forces to succeed in their planned attack. Possibly without either group knowing what the other is up to until after the whole plot has concluded and people have an opportunity to compare notes.
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 03:55am    Post subject:

Please read the RPG discussion forum on "Time Leap" idea. I think this could make this Plot a lot easier to undertake.

Thanks Morgan!
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » Rekindling Activity Plot
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: