Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Introduce yourself!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Introduce yourself!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 12:44pm    Post subject: Introduce yourself!

Since we're getting a lot of new people, I'm not sure where some of them are from! I think some of you are from Giant in the Playground and others are from the JC, but I'm not sure. So, let's all introduce ourselves! Tell us a little bit about yourself and where you're from. :)
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 12:53pm    Post subject:

What about the rest of us? >_>

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 12:57pm    Post subject:

I'll start it off. My name's Chris and I'm from HeavenGames, like two other members of CMAC and a majority of our players. I'm 18, live in Pennsylvania, and I've been role-playing continuously with my cousin, Han, for at least 10 years. I'm really interested in computers, programming, and linguistics (which I plan to go to college for). I also have a saltwater aquarium which I started about 3 months ago, so you'll probably be hearing a lot about that if you talk to me. :p Around here I generally do all the programming and site maintenance required, as well as owning the website hosting.

I began role-playing on forums on Tyderian Sector 2. I've participated in TS2, TS3, SWVII, SWVIII, KotOR and, obviously, Unity. :D I sort of lay claim permanently to Leia and Borsk as canon characters. Aside from them, though, I'm playing all new characters in this RPG. For those of you that knew Nevin, Kastor is not a Nevin clone; in Han and I's RPG, he's Nevin's father, so that is the only connection.

As far as my relationships with others, as I mentioned before, Han is my cousin. Moff I've known for over 7 years online, and Zara too (although I only started talking to him about 5 years ago). A lot of the other people here, such as Alexus, Cheapy and Lazer, I know from HeavenGames as well.
Tacky

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 01:46pm    Post subject:

I'm Chris. I came over here upon seeing an advert in the Giant in the Playground Forums. I'm 22, and about to move to Washington DC. I'm entering Law School, so bear with me if there is some disruption, or I seem grumpy for a while.

I've been roleplaying online for about 8 years now, offline for longer. I currently only play one character, a Sullustan Salvager. I've had him bouncing around for a while, and this seemed like the place he was most likely to stick.

I know pretty much nobody, unless some of GiTP folks are the ones I know from there.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 01:50pm    Post subject:

Of course he's not a clone. Chris Pine is way better than Nick Stahl. ;)

Well, I'm Moff. Or Ams. That's basically what I go by. :p

I'm from Heavengames as well. SWVII was the first successful, serious RPG I'd served as Gamemaster. But I was role-playing for several years prior, including at the Tyderian Sector 2 RPG. My first RPG where I put in any true effort was actually created by Zara (known then as OOM_9_77 and here as Senna Vucora), called the Star Wars Neighborhood RPG. In sharp contrast to games like SWVII and VIII, it was actually rather silly and lighthearted, but quite fun. After that, I played several games and attempted to start around a dozen. However, there was no success until Star Wars: Episode VII, which ran for eighteen months and inspired an illegitimate "sequel" from a disgruntled troublemaker and an official one on this site.

I serve as a sort of scientific, engineering, and military adviser on in-character matters, given my study of those fields for several years. I am also part of the Central Management Administrative Council, and also act an unofficial motivational coach. :p

I have a small core of major characters I role-play with. They're fairly flexible in terms of time period, so they crop a lot. Still, I try to make them different from incarnation to incarnation. So, Ams and Shayera are different in some ways from the couple in SWVII and VIII. Riene hearkens back to her roots in a d20, as the heavy-hitting soldier and token Evil character. Kendra Jendob is a Stormtrooper sergeant, and this is the second time she's ever been played as an adult.

As for the person behind the username, I'm a 21 year old college student. I'm studying to be a Chemistry major, but I really plan on going into writing. I'm something of a military buff, analyzing military ranking schemes, organization, tactics, and strategy since grade school. As a hobby: yes, yes. I'm a geek. But proud! :p

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 01:58pm    Post subject:

My name's Nick, but I am more commonly known in the world of the internet as Chukles. Twenty years old, and have been roleplaying online for... what... five years? I got my start on a site called Blue Laguna, primarily Final Fantasy and fantasy roleplaying. I found the JC sometime during that, but it took me a bit to get into the Role Playing there. I did fall in love with it, for the members and the style of roleplaying are the best I have ever seen on the web, so I'll be hard to impress. :P I have roleplayed on several smaller sites on and off as well. I love to write, and even more to edit, so if you ever want me to look over something, let me know. I'd be glad to. ;)

I came over from the JC, where I had met Solo a while back. I guess I only REALLY started talking to her a few months ago, but... technicalities. :P This site came up casually in conversation, and I asked her about it, my curiosity piqued. After looking into a bit, I decided to give it a whirl.

I'm relatively open about myself, so if you need to know anything about me just ask. Kinda excited about this game, as I have never played my character's type before, so we shall see. :P

Incidentally, a friend from the JC has gotten me partially addicted to WoW again, so there's another bit of info about me. -_-
 Back to top »
Senna Vucora
Zara

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 04:24pm    Post subject:

I'm Jordan, though I'm probably more well-known as Zara/Zarah from various forums. As already mentioned, I really started role playing on HeavenGames with the advent of the Star Wars Neighborhood RPG. I've kind of RPed on and off since then, but after discovering Giant in the Playground and getting into Dungeons and Dragons, it's become kind of a normal ritual for me.

I'm the only member of CMAC who was not present during the lifespan of SWVII, but joined when VIII launched. As already mentioned, I've known both Crazed (Kastor) and Moff (Ams) since my days on HeavenGames, and nowadays I've known Han as well for at least three or four years.

I tend to play various characters when I role play. None of my characters in Unity are carry-overs from any other games (well, Senna technically is, but in appearance only). I might decide to introduce some old favorites, but for now I'll be sticking with my current three. Senna Vucora, the questionable Jedi Master, Kira Daast, the stalwart New Republic commander, and Ares Valure, the less-than-reliable Chief of State.

And I'm always open to questions, from both new and veteran players (provided I can answer them :P ).
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 04:28pm    Post subject:

Where do babies come from?

Expand

Back to top »
Maximillion Cyrus
dudop

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 07:15pm    Post subject:

Ya got me. Where? :P

Well my name's dudop. Apparently there's something really funny about that because when I uesd to play Runescape people would randomly say my name as I went by. I came up with that when a... an aquaintance told me about the game [waaaay] back in elemetary school and I immediately said my username would be dudop, based on the word dude. Apparently I liked it at the time.

Where I'm from: I Googled it. I was researching to make a new Wookieepedia article and I was unable to find any data on the object it was to be about except on VIII, where there was a price. Then I joined and came over here.

I'm generally known for being the kid in he corner with the pencil-drawn avatar (which I hope to find a replacement for). I have never made a real post, in this or any other rpg, just a few little... non-posts :wink: and for some reason everyone thinks I'm on drugs.
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Benji

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 08:21pm    Post subject:

Not everyone! Though I did think you had inhaled one too many permanent markers in your time... but now I'm willing to accept you're just an American. Not your fault ;)

Anywho, my name is Ben, though IRL I'm known more as Benji and here I am known as Gavin Young or the Guy With a Million Factions. And unlike most fine folks around here, I never attended college or university. I am in the Australian Navy as a Cook, I am mostly stationed on the land so my connection is reasonably undisturbed though I have served a tour in Iraq and Afghanistan.

My history in RPGs is rather short compared to most others here. My first RPG was this game’s predecessor and I had no tabletop experience to speak of. Though over time I grew and developed and eventually I formed my own breakaway faction through political manoeuvring and backstabbing.
 Back to top »
Zachary Baird
Lazer

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 09:19pm    Post subject:

Welllll.... lets see. I'm Lazer. A long time ago, I got SW:GB, and eventually, got kinda bored. So I found a site that had mods for it called Star Wars Galactic Battle Ground Heaven, (Which I though for a long time was SW:GB Haven) and downloaded some fun stuff. After a bit I got into the RPG section, played some, hosted some, had a good time. Soon, someone said "Follow the link in my sig, it's a site just for RPGs." And I was all like, 'Woah. I didn't know they did that.' And so I found VIII, and then have moved on to here. :)

But really, stop stalling and GIVE US GAME!!! :P

Assassin
 Back to top »
Arden Vrass
Tacky

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 09:20pm    Post subject:

The man with the shades commands it.
 Back to top »
Maximillion Cyrus
dudop

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 10:36pm    Post subject:

Hey, Lazer, you forgot to mention that you were once #3 in Hornet kills out of everyone.
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 10:56pm    Post subject:

I go by Han, Solo, HS, HS29....and maybe a few others I'm forgetting. I'm 24 years old and I'm a freelance illustrator. I've done some small projects so far, but I'm slowly working my way up. Like Cray said, I'm his cousin and I do primarily all the graphics you see on the site, including the main banner, several avatars and sig banners.

I've been role playing for years(it's hard to remember how many years exactly), starting out with Cray over AIM and eventually broadening my horizons over at the JC's Role Playing forums. I'm also a moderator at the JC under the username HanSolo29, so you might also know me from there. I was also heavily involved with other games, including Tydarian Sector, SWVII and SWVIII.

And as you can see from my username, I'm the resident Han expert. :wink:
 Back to top »
Jacen Tranada
Tiara

Post Posted: Mon, August 03rd 2009 11:05pm    Post subject:

Hi, I'm Tiara and I'm an alcoholic. I enjoy long walks on the beach at sunset and in spite of the fact that my nickname is a girl's name, I am indeed male.

My first RPG was Star Wars Neighbourhood on SWGB:H and have been roleplaying ever since then. I'm 23 years old and a qualified Website Programmer. I am currently studying Games and Interactive Entertainment at University.

Expand
 Back to top »
Zachary Baird
Lazer

Post Posted: Tue, August 04th 2009 12:40am    Post subject:

Quote:
Hey, Lazer, you forgot to mention that you were once #3 in Hornet kills out of everyone.

Oh yes, I did. :P

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=80982195

YAY. ^_^

Assassin
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, August 04th 2009 04:02am    Post subject:

My name is Jase and I've been playing with this group of knuckleheads since SWVII. I got my real start in online RPGs; and thankfully I've improved in OOC and IC behaviors since then :P

I'm mainly known for creating Scary Jase Denora, creating years long feuds over character deaths(new game, new start, that's all behind us now :P ); and causing no end of migraines to CMAC over personal weapons designs.

IRL, I'm 26, married and working on my Associate's degree in IT.And I guarantee that my cmpletely bipolar posting style from VII/VIII is over so everyone can actually do storylines with me now :P

Oh yeah, START THE GAME :P
 Back to top »
Oriadon
Oriadon

Post Posted: Thu, August 06th 2009 12:46am    Post subject:

I am Oriadon.

Many of you, I'm sure, I don't know from my past SW RPing, but I am familiar with Jacen Tranada and Shayde (who invited me here) from a little place called Great Jedi War and its spin-offs (RIP). I have been RPing for a good long time (or so it feels) and when Shayde invited me, I took a quick look around and decided to jump in.

In real life? An 18-year-old high school graduate taking a year off before pursuing an education in architecture, but for that year I'm looking into setting up an independent kind of job converting people's old VHS tapes to DVDs.
 Back to top »
Jack Denis
Valin

Post Posted: Sat, August 08th 2009 12:21pm    Post subject:

Good afternoon folks. Some of you may know me as Valin from previous RPGS. I generally play Sith because conquering the galaxy is fun. However for this time I'm going to mix things up a bit and go NR. Shayde gave me the heads up on this RPG (as he often does), so is all good. As you might have guessed, done a few RPs in my time. About 1,2,3... 3 or 4 years now on and off.

As for me personally, I'm a 20-year-old Uni student studying AI and Cybernetics to build my robot army to enslave mankind. Fear me. Bwa ha ha ha.

Jack Denis - NR Pilot
"The fight for freedom may be over, but the fight to defend it continues. We are the front line of that defense."
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, August 08th 2009 12:26pm    Post subject:

I see I have competition... this will not do.

ROBOT LEGIONS, ATTACK!

Expand

Back to top »
Jallorn
Jallorn

Post Posted: Sat, August 08th 2009 12:30pm    Post subject:

I go by one name and one name only on the internet, and that is Jallorn. I found my way here for GITP, but I first started RPing on neopets. Rather unorthodox yes, but hey.
 Back to top »
Jack Denis
Valin

Post Posted: Sat, August 08th 2009 12:42pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
I see I have competition... this will not do.

ROBOT LEGIONS, ATTACK!

Curses! Not another rival! It was bad enough when I met that PHD student with 3 years head start...

I don't suspose you'd be willing to go for a truce until the world is conquered and then hold an epic duel to death for the title of 'Emperor of Everything'?

Jack Denis - NR Pilot
"The fight for freedom may be over, but the fight to defend it continues. We are the front line of that defense."
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, August 08th 2009 01:04pm    Post subject:

Mmm. Very well.

Expand

Back to top »
Jack Denis
Valin

Post Posted: Sat, August 08th 2009 02:08pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Mmm. Very well.

Your generousity is most appreciated. You are most wise.

Jack Denis - NR Pilot
 Back to top »
Jallorn
Jallorn

Post Posted: Sat, August 08th 2009 02:25pm    Post subject:

It doesn't really matter, my plan to take over the world is far more advanced than you could ever imagine.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Introduce yourself!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: