Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Bespin: Cloud City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Bespin: Cloud City
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, August 10th 2011 05:37pm    Post subject:

She must have fallen asleep. Even so, the rapping on her door sent her up bolt fast. She shivered, assuring herself that it was okay, she was safe on Bespin.

The knocking got louder and she could hear the rumble of a mans voice. She opened the door slightly and peeked out. Sethe took advantage of the opening and barralled in, stumbling.

She grunted in surprise and shut the door hard, but didnt lock it. The last time he'd acted strange it had been disastrous. But the infirmary had given him medication hadn't they? She looked at him as he turned toward her.

Ah. That was it. The man was completely foxed.

"This is how you're dealing with things? Getting stone cold drunk?" She wasn't in the mood to mince words, but she did hold back. Something about the way he'd looked at her earlier made her ease up. Not to mention she was a little afraid of what he could do in the state he was in. She couldn't help it, the episode on the Leaper had set her up for that.

He looked at her for the first time and she saw his dark eyes blanch visibly. She pressed a hand to her cheek and winced. Her bandages were gone.

"I'll frakking kill 'em." His voice was gruff from drink and his fingers curled into fists.

"Oh please." She said with a derisiveness she didn't feel. He was unadmittedly repulsed by her face, and she was mostly just ashamed. Gods when did she become so vain. "don't trouble yourself."

He regarded her, his eyes hooded and glazed from lack of sleep and alcohol. He was close to her and she could smell the stuff on his breath, and him, that insufferably womderful man-smell of sweat and aftershave. She didn't want to be this close to him and took a step back.

He reached out and siezed her wrist, non-too gently. She felt fear grip her and he seemed to see it in her eyes so he let go just as quickly.

"You hate me..." He searched her eyes.

She didn't. Not in the least. She felt things so far from hate that when it came down to it, she couldn't even begin to touch the surface. cautious, yes. Afraid, very much, but hate was the furthest thing on her list. She shook her head.

"You're drunk, Sethe."

"Not much." He scratched the outgrow of his beard absentmindedly, not taking her eyes off of her. He looked... hungry.

"you are aware that I'm not food, right?" She said, and planted her feet into the carpet. She gave him a well meaning grin to assuage his unpredictability, prepared to bolt if she needed too.

He grunted, smiled a little and took a step froward, Which she countered by backing into the door.

"You should probably go." She was trembling as he got closer. "We're not... this isn't..."

His arm went around her waist and he pulled her close, pinning her to him and leaning down, his face centimeters from hers. His eyes were like flint, but secure. She felt his hand trail along the undamaged side of her face, pushing locks of hair away from her eyes.

His lips were on hers in an instant and she felt her knees go watery, and her heart crash against her ribs like a battering ram. The strong taste of brandy and him made her lightheaded, weak. She let out a small moan and kissed back, just as fiercely, her own tongue meeting his, her own breath filling the air between them.

But then, as if something battled with her wits, her eyes snapped open. She broke from him and pushed him away. He released her easily, his face both hurt and confused.

She bit her lip and looked away from him, still with her back against the door. "I told you, I wont do this."

He let out a breath and shoved his fingers back through his hair, looking suddenly more sober than he'd been before. "Why?"

She measured his movements. "Because I cant. There's too much at stake here."

He growled, his eyes flashing in her direction. "Like what, your pride?"

Like him. He was what was at stake. She had to hurt him in order to not ruin him. It was for his own good. For hers as well. she needed to do this. for his sake. She just couldn't bear the thought of losing him, no matter that it was necessary. He wasn't obligated to her like he thought he was, he didn't owe her anything. Nor Emmett, nor the baby. He needed to be set free.

She shook her head, placing a hand to her stomach absently, not looking at him."You wouldn't understand."

His voice was sharp. "What wouldn't I understand?"

She didn't answer, just shook her head again.

His voice was soft, but just as low, his eyes bearing into hers. He hesitated slightly. "Do you love me?" He asked, his voice unsteady.

The question caught her off guard. she blinked at him.

"No."

Lie. the most comprehensive lie she'd ever told and she knew it the moment it came out of her mouth, bald faced and instantaneous. She hoped he believed it.

He removed his hand from her shoulder, and withdrew his gaze. Yes. He believed it. And it had hurt him, badly. She slid away from the door, suddenly exhausted, feeling crushed.

"Well." He said, his words suddenly stronger, his posture distant and removed. "I'll be leaving in the morning. Found a transport that will take me back to Coruscant. Paid in full."

His words took the wind out of her. She spoke, trying to keep her voice from squeaking. "oh." Was all she could muster. "well then." She wanted to find something to say. Stay. Please. I need you. I want you. But she bit back the invasive things that gathered in her throat.

"thank you... for everything." she said.

He looked at her again, searching. Then as if satisfied with what he saw, nodded, pulling the door open and shutting it closed behind him.

She watched him go, the back of the door reading like stone silence.

"I'm sorry." She whispered to the space left in his wake.
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Wed, August 10th 2011 07:41pm    Post subject:

"Everything I do has an intent, Dryas. Though the proximity to Bakura gives me pause, we cannot leave Bespin until tomorrow. This was the nearest port with the means to replicate the treatments for my heart condition. We must wait until the morning for them to be synthesized. As I waited for you, I sensed the fear and anxiety from the embassy over the events at Bakura."

Jase gestured back out into the hall for Dryas to follow him. "Though I am sure the Republic will be sending forces here, I highly doubt we can accurately predict when the Empire will decide to come after Bespin. We can only hope we have the time enough to leave."

Heading into a nearby eatery, Jase led the way to a table and sat down, resting wearily in the chair. After all of the strain he had put himself through on Bakura; and even with the meditation on the way here, he knew he needed to rest. The terminal condition made him feel his age, for the first time in many years, he was becoming fully aware of that one truth: he was old.

Sighing at the thought, Jase ordered drinks for himself and Dryas and rubbed his forehead in solemn frustration. "These people feel safe, even with the threat of an entire fleet of enemy ships so close to them. Perhaps the importance of the tibanna deposits here give them that sensation. More should be evacuating, the whole damned city if they knew what was good for them. Tell me, my apprentice, where would you have your training given to you in this time of war?"

"Would you prefer the heavily protected halls of the Temple on Coruscant? Which only took a mere three Mandalorians to breach? Or would you prefer my academy on Bogden, of no strategic importance, but certainly unable to withstand a military strike. Especially now that we are assured of Sith within the ranks of the Empire..."

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, August 10th 2011 09:14pm    Post subject:

Dryas had to pause for a moment. He hadn’t considered that Bespin might be The Empires next target, or that an attack here might be imminent. He suddenly became a lot less anxious about getting off the planet.

“If had the choice, Master Denora, neither.” Dryas said. “If it were an option, I’d prefer to do my training out in the field, so to speak. I’m not fond of the idea of taking refuge at either location if we could instead be out doing what we can to help stop Zend’s forces.”

As he finished, he took note of what he was sensing from the elder Jedi, and considered that perhaps the question wasn’t for the Bothan’s sake, but for Denora’s.

“That said, if those are the only two options, I’d prefer Coruscant. It’s a more central location, and would probably make it easier for us to remain in contact with the council and be prepared for when we are needed to help our allies.”

(Click Here to Continue)

Expand
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, August 11th 2011 12:54am    Post subject:

"BOO-YAH!" Lucas shouted, watching as six thousand credits trickled into his account. Jonas roared with laughter, though that was probably the Corellian whiskey he was sipping on. By now the staff had realized he was not only a Kuati noble, but son and heir to Kuat Drive Yards. Drinks, women and even men flowed in a countless stream of extravagance. Jonas was up 9,000 and closed the game and cashed out. Lucas had wanted to keep playing, but a passing hand grab near his belt sent alarm bells in a different part of his body. "Credit out, please."

It didn't take long for them to get to the suite and enjoy a wild evening and when the shenanigans were over, they noticed part of the room had been destroyed, including the clothes they had been wearing. "Well that's just great." Jonas laughed, "I'm not sure I can walk out in this..." He was referring to his pants which Lucas had used the Force to shred from his body.

"Probably not," Lucas was noticing his own shirt, recalling the moment Jonas had ripped it in half. He had almost forgotten what happened to it, because he was too occupied on noticing his biceps. "You've been working out."

"When I can." Jonas answered matter-of-factly, before activating the sonic shower. "Lucas."

"Mhhmm?"

"You haven't tried to make contact with Anakin Solo at all, nor your parents, anyone really. What's going on?"

Lucas stepped inside of the room, his face grave and disturbed. "What do you mean?"

"I think you know." Jonas was scrubbing his body now, looking more sober and alert than a few hours ago.

Lucas kicked off his socks and stepped into the shower hybrid, letting the sonic energy pulse and clean the grime and sweat away. "I wasn't sure until now, but I've been given an offer by a woman named Shira. She worked with the Rebellion, but now-"

"She was on the Star Destroyer, wasn't she?"

"Yes."

Jonas nodded, "Thought so, you're getting easier to read, you know?"

Lucas reflected on this, then came to terms with something that had happened to him last night. For the longest time he thought he was feeling, feeding on the darkness that had been brewing beneath his psychological self. His mind had been warped, twisted and adjusted to be susceptible to this kind of teaching. But as conditioned as he was, he had the final choice.

And here, on Bespin, he'd make it.

Lucas stepped into the water after giving Jonas a slap on the ass and shoved him aside. It wasn't like him to question, nor take the blunt route he had chosen here. "At first I accepted her offer, I accepted to be her apprentice, to abandon Anakin and everything he had taught me."

Jonas finished flushing the shampoo from his eyes and with a serious tone asked, "What changed?"

"Tseneca." Lucas said immediately, "She's pregnant now, and if you think I'm going to allow a guy like Sethe raise that child, well-"

"He's not all that bad, just a little..."

"Rough around the edges? I don't think so." Lucas was pushed out of the way, but didn't mind as he enjoyed the sonic energy against his back. "More like, poverty-man who happens to be insane." Lucas could sense a spike in Jonas emotions, and he finally thought now was the time to talk about that. "Listen Jonas, you come from Nar Shadda, and I come from Kuat. Two completely different worlds. On my world, my people might question my choice, not because of you, but because of your social status. But for me, you're all that matters. You can be broke as Sethe, and I wouldn't care, because I see potential in you. You've never left my side, not once. I choose you, for always and to the end of the universe as we know it. And I'd throw myself down that Sarlacc a hundred times again, if I could prove that to you."

Jonas stopped washing his torso and turned around. They embraced, Lucas slipping slightly as the soap shot his body to the side, but they hugged and it took several seconds to realize Jonas was crying. Never in their time together had Lucas seen this from the Iego-crashlander. Lucas pulled him away wiping the shower-infused tears from his face and added, "It's the truth, now shut up." He smiled.

"I love you," Jonas answered, sniffing slightly as the words came out in a sudden relief.

Lucas felt his stomach knot and twist, "I love you."
 Back to top »
Kristopher Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, August 11th 2011 01:09am    Post subject:

The walls of the Bespin hospital ward were blank and reminded him of a training room he had spent hours in on Bastion. It was one of his least favorite courses and one of his worst: Blaster training. Granted, he was an ace shot, but he never realized how much killing was really involved, especially in war. Sure they mocked up war games and played several games over and over to perfection, but being on the True Empire's Star Destroyer had really set his studies into stone. He was taught, trained and conditioned for this, then why wasn't it any easier? His wounds had healed, but he still felt them.

A holographic image of his mother was towering over him and she went on and on about the reckless behavior her sons were so imperviously handing out, that Kris was actually beginning to feel guilty. Usually he'd brush off his mother's antics, but he could tell she was genuinely terrified of their position. Bespin, she said, wasn't the place to be right now. Kris feverishly supported their return to Kuat and assured her he'd talk Lucas into returning home. His mother disconnected and a wash of relief came over his body. It was enough to get him out of the hospital bed and into the room across from his.

He punched in an access code Alisson had given him, she was apparently attempting to seek out a stash of robotic arms, and though he had sworn to her he wouldn't leave the room, visiting Coral could be seen as an exception. The key-grid flashed green and he tugged on the knob, only to find the woman hoisted into the air and in the arms of what appeared to be a male nurse. "OH GODS!" He shouted, shutting the door only to catch the terrified glance on her face as he retreated backwards.

He was halfway into his room when Coral peeked out the cracked door, "Do you not know how to KNOCK!?" She shouted, "What is it?"

"Nothing!" Kris snorted, "Just wanted to check on you, but it looks like you've gotten all the medical attention you needed. Or did you still -" She slammed the door and Kris waited a minute for the nurse to come out, but instead, the keypad turned red. He walked and curled back into his bed, watching innocently as Alisson re-entered the room. "Toldya I wasn't going anywhere..."

He flipped on the holovision as Alisson attached a silver lined artificial arm....
 Back to top »
Selena Krauss
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, August 11th 2011 02:35pm    Post subject:

Rows of battle ships with the Spirit of Order taking point of the fleet, laid in open space just a small jump away from Bespin. Commander Selena Krauss walked the plank of her bridge, ending at the windows, staring at the stars. She felt the anxiety, the adrenaline, the rush of battle and the thirst for Rebel blood on her tongue. "All systems go!" It was the last call-out, a relay that they were ready for Bespin. Krauss put her hands behind her back and interlaced the fingers, studying the formation of the fleet. It was perfect. She'd lose a few off the bat, but once the orbital security had been handled, Bespin would become Imperial.

That part, she was not worried about. But it would be Rebel reinforcements.

Krauss gleamed with confidence; they could manage whatever the enemy would send their way. An officer handed her a padd with the system's outline. Only a few attack cruisers and a moderate amount of defense fighters. She was right, nothing they couldn't handle.

"Hail the fleet."

"Comm open, Commander."

"Once again we stand on the brink of another system, my fellow Imperials. Bakura was a wash, a show of our power and an offering of our service to the Grand Admiral. We have proved to her that we are fighting, but on Bespin, will we will show her we are fighting to our very teeth and nails. Today we will roast the Rebellion, just like Bilbringi, and tomorrow, gain a new system. We will show the galaxy time and time again, that we mean a hard-business. We have returned from the abyss and no one is safe if you are not with us."

"Hoo-rah!"

"Set your eyes on the prize, die in the name of the Grand Admiral, and serve this Empire with honor. Together, we will restore its pride, its right, its destiny." She paused, stopping at the navigational side of her command deck, "Rip them to shreds, show no mercy, burn every last one of their ships!" She began to feel the energy from her crew. "We go into battle, and we will raise their city, march through its halls, and take it from their cold, disgusting hands. We will restore order to chaos, and drown them in their own sins. No one shall escape our grasp today, no one. Be the Empire."

To her pilots she said, "Let loose the dogs of war."

The fleet jumped.

The Battle of Bespin First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Selena Krauss
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, August 11th 2011 02:40pm    Post subject:

The orb of Bespin was pure, before a long stray of blaster fire and various projectiles of explosive yields erupted across her viewscreen. A large portion of the fire had been absorbed by their shields before several of the larger vessels strode ahead, their magnificent cannons, turbolasers, even down to the very anti-starfighter gunner showed no mercy to the Rebel defense fleet. Krauss laughed as one of their civilian freighters, full of the precious tibanna gas, exploded in a tremendous fashion, almost as bright as the system's distant sun. Her officers were calling out different reports, some reporting a new wave of fighters coming up from the surface, while another reporting an extra Mon Calamari cruiser in the system, one that had not appeared on the Blight Leaper's sensors. Unfortunate.

"Engage the Calamari cruiser."

"Madame, you had instructed us to stay behind and wait-"

"Engage!" She shouted, gripping the handrails so hard that her fingernails dug into her own palms. She felt the warm trickle of blood, but dismissed it as their Star Destroyer swung around the fleet and began to spar with the incoming Mon Calamari cruiser. "Ah-ha-ha-ha!" She shrieked, watching as they blazed right past them, the Star Destroyer swinging around at its best speed, in order to come about and face their opponent again. One of her guarding Firebreaker class warships ignited and exploded, the crew of the Yalparr dying in the highest honor. "Bastards!" She cursed, "Send those frakkers to the abyss, gentlemen, pursue!"

The Mon Calamari ship seemed to be heading to the edge of the gravity well, attempting to send out word of their assault here, but according to their own battle calculations, a transmission would be sent out, so stopping them was not their priority. "Their rear shields are failing, Commander. We almost have them."

Krauss kept close to her tactical officer, watching the orb of the enemy's shield display go from green to yellow to red to critical. Soon the ship was vulnerable, but a quick rerouting of power, restored their grid to green. "They rerouted power from their forward shields..."

Krauss sounded annoyed, "Launch the bombers, take out their command deck, then send a few ZD boarding parties... take the ship, and TURN US AROUND." She didn't like to miss all the action, and when they returned to the primary battlefield, the majority of the defense fleet had been engaged. Most were disabled, the sheer numbers of the Empire were enough to overwhelm what they had, but a few were beginning to band together, a smarter move. The Rebels were out of practice, something a couple of decades of peace could do. "Launch our raiders! I believe it is time to begin our assault on Cloud City."

The Battle of Bespin First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, August 11th 2011 02:43pm    Post subject:

"What was that?" Jonas sat up, "Did you hear that?"

"Go back to bed, Jonas." Lucas rolled over, pulling a pillow over his head. Jonas relaxed and laid back down, maybe it was nothing.

Crack. BOOM.

"Okay, that time I heard it." Lucas tossed off the covers, then something washed over him. "Oh no." Jonas looked at him, using his hands to force more out of him. "The Empire. They're back."

"Are you kidding me?!" Jonas rushed over, glancing at their shredded clothes. Lucas used the Force to collect his utility belt, with the most important object being his lightsaber. Jonas shrugged, "I left my blaster on the Blight Leaper."

Lucas shook his head and tossed him the communicator instead. "Contact Tseneca and the others, I'll find us some clothes." Lucas disappeared through the door wearing nothing but his shoes, underwear and the leather utility belt. Jonas swung the dial on the comm badge and grabbed everyone at once. "Empire's Striking back folks, get a great seat or let's get the frak out of here."

"No, no! We have to protect the city." Coral answered, "I just got orders... if we can defend the city, reinforcements will arrive to handle the Imperial fleet."

"Where's Lucas?" For a moment, Jonas thought that was Lucas talking, but then he remembered Kristopher, younger-Lucas, was on the line as well.

"Uh... getting supplies." Jonas answered, "Tseneca, you there?!"
 Back to top »
Mason Kassity

Post Posted: Thu, August 11th 2011 02:46pm    Post subject:

The deck of the Star Destroyer was lined with troop transports, the majority of the starfighters had been launched to engage the enemy. Mason took point, he had been granted command of the first assault on Cloud City, though some might consider this an attempt to make him cannon fodder. The deck flashed green three times, That's my cue. He closed the ramp, and snapped a helmet around his chin, before feeling the sudden weightlessness of the craft as it lifted off and glided into space. In the viewport he watched as Star Destroyers and ships of the Rebellion, such as the bizarre looking Mon Calamari ships, engaged. Some of the smaller Imperial crafts looked damaged, but they were taking their hits in stride. Damn was he glad to call himself an Imperial, looking at his comrades face the enemy with bloodied faces and still manage to keep going.

Mason turned his attention to the ZD-2 battledroids, he had served with them on countless missions in the Unknown Regions, all had evolved from their factory programming to create a perfect unit. "We're to capture the City Administrator."

"At your Command." Came the standard response.

The transport rocked, several of the Bespin cloudcars were engaging some of the TIE fighters, but they were quickly dismissed. "Now...the real fun begins..." Mason said aloud to the only other human on board. He was a relic of the old Empire, but Mason had never met someone as great as he was on the battlefield. They called him a Mandalorian, a species of honor with a culture full of combat. "If we make it past the City's automatic defenses... and that's a big if... we might be the first to touch ground."

The Mandalorian loaded and locked his blaster, "Death to the Rebellion."

Mason nodded, Death to the Rebellion.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, August 11th 2011 02:47pm    Post subject:

Lucas returned to the room, tossing clothes over to Jonas who looked slightly worried. "What took you so long?"

"Stole those, the whole city is a mess." Jonas pulled the the shirt over his body, only to find it was a size too small. Lucas didn't mind the way it looked, adding, "Frak... that looks awesome."

"Shut it." Jonas twisted his arms, "A blaster?"

Lucas pulled a couple out of a bag, "Managed to get some before the store was raided. I think we're facing a city of mass hysteria, and soon enough, it'll be flooded with Stormtroopers. We need to make it to the Leaper."

Jonas shook his head, "The Republic needs our help, we're to defend the city until reinforcements arrive."

"Are they mad?!" Lucas spat, "Frakkin' Republic." They were out the door now, "Tseneca?"

"Couldn't get a hold of her, we should probably-"

The whole City rocked, shifting and tossing everyone to the ground...
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, August 11th 2011 03:01pm    Post subject:

Sethe had just fallen asleep. At least he thought he had, because the moment he was shocked awake by explosions, the light filtering through his window told him it was nearly dawn.

He flinched, the horrendous din of blaster fire and explosives reaching his hung over ears. He snapped too, still dressed from the previous night. His conversation with Tseneca, all of it like a garbled vid in his minds-eye. He felt terrible.

Another explosion and the ground beneath his bed seemed to shudder. Cloud city doesnt shudder... said his rational mind.

Oh shit.

He grabbed his holster and secured it, pulling his jacket on and rocketing out the door.

The city was in chaos. Here in the hall dozens of people were milling about half asleep and not sure what to do. He heard one of them ask if it was a drill. But no... he knew better.

The Leaper Comm was buzzing with voices. Coral's voice came over the others, unsteady bu certain. " No, no! We have to protect the city...."

Like hell. If this was what he thought it was, the faster they got away the better.

He shouldered into Tseneca's door and it opened with a violent back swing.

She was half sitting in bed, arms bare hair disheveled and wet from where she must have showered since he saw her last. Her face, which had startled him so much before, had been re-bandaged. She was reaching for the comm, even as Jonas called her.

She threw the covers off and slid her feet into the boots there. "What--?" she said to Sethe, her eyes blazing.

"No time." he pulled her up by her wrist and tugged her forward. "The City is under attack. Lucas seems to think its the armada."

"Krauss?" Tseneca was incredulous, swiping her jacket and quickly fastening her blaster to her leg. "How can that be..."

She pulled the comm up. "Jonas, find the others and head to the ship."

Coral interrupted. "Did you not just hear me? I repeat... if we can defend the city, reinforcements will arrive to handle the Imperial fleet."

"There's no time for that" Sethe hissed to her. She looked up at him, tight lipped, understanding but fierce.

"We have to try."

He threw up his arms. Stubborn, stubborn woman. "You're crazy, you're all nuts."

She headed to the door and shot him a look. "Then get on that transport you hired and leave." She snapped. "Its what you're good at."

Then she disapeared into the hall, leaving him in the darkness of the room, listening to the heavy thud of blaster fire.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, August 11th 2011 03:13pm    Post subject:

Tseneca ran down the hall taking access stairs in twos. Jonas and Lucas were only a floor down, she had to try to...

The ground beneath her seemingly fell out, tossing her to the ground. She flung her hands up, grasping the guard rail before she could fall down the stair flights.

Sithspit. Cloud City was moving like a reed on the wind. But that was impossible, wasn't it?

No, it wasn't. because no sooner had one shockwave hit, then did another, knocking her back once more. She hurled herself to her feet, sprinting unsteadily to the door. She tried pad. Nothing happened. She tried again. same effect.

"What!?" She cursed, kicking the thing. The doors for the access corridors had been sealed, which meant there was no way back up. Either that was an emergency feature or a major malfunction. No matter what, It was bad.

The city rocked again, and she could hear the groan of steal that wasn't supposed to be moving. She ran back up the stairs to a side panel she'd seen jutting from the wall. A maintenance hatch. She dug her nails into the panel, struggling to slide it out of place. Frakking Kyp, taking her lightsaber. This would have been much easier if she had it on hand.

She wiped sweat from her forehead, it was starting to get really hot in here. The air must have been turned off.

or the whole the place is on fire. she thought grimly.

She gave the hatch a kick from the side and then another, harder one with the heel of her boot. It flew off with a clang and hit the stairs. "small favors." She muttered to herself, and squeezed through the tiny corridor on her hands and knees.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, August 11th 2011 08:51pm    Post subject:

"Do you hear?" Jonas was asking, and Lucas brushed it off, but he tugged and pulled Lucas to the side.

"What is it?" Lucas hissed, and then quickly apologized for his tone, "Sorry."

"That!" A side hatch popped open and a frazzled Tseneca crawled out.

"Impeccable timing," Lucas chimed, giving her a hand. "Sethe?"

"Who knows." She fired off, "Let's get the frak off this deck."

They raced along the corridor, Jonas stopping only momentarily to watch a Star Destroyer begin its descent into the atmosphere. And even closer, a storm of troop transports. "Coral must be out of her head!" Jonas shouted, "We're doomed. This City is theirs, let them frakkin' have it!"

Lucas tended to agree, but he didn't say anything. "Listen, I'm a member of the Jedi Order and this is a planet we can save." He tried to sound like he didn’t have an authority complex. "Coral thinks its a good idea, so let's do it. I'd rather die defending the galaxy than a fleeing womp rat death."

Jonas sighed, and Tseneca grabbed both of their attention, "Boys? We need to go...now."

The City Administrator finally appeared over the intercom, "Attention. The City is under attack by the True Empire, no demands have been given. Mercy or diplomacy has been denied. You are welcome to flee, please use the port side, but if you wish to stay and defend Cloud City...defend the Republic... or just plain wish to damn the Imperials to the bowels of Bespin....take a gunning station, reload your blasters, and give 'em hell. Good luck and may the Force be with us."

Lucas looked to Jonas, then to Tseneca. "We've made it out of worse situations..."
 Back to top »
Mason Kassity

Post Posted: Fri, August 12th 2011 01:32am    Post subject:

The majority of his assault had been lost, and those disabled were now burning and crushed by the pressure of the gas giant. Mason's transport landed hard, skidding across one of the exposed hangars, where his shuttle's turrets opened fire on the deckhands. The side door exploded open, a dramatic entry into the firefight as the ZD-2s entered the fray. Two of them had been specially augmented with personal shield generators, which was enough to throw the Rebels off for the Mandalorian's entry. When the blaster chatter was quiet, Mason stepped out. The Mando delivered a status report, "Only a few other troop transports made it, I wouldn't be surprised if we are the only ones who secured a landing pad."

Mason nodded at the Mandalorian, he was right. "I've transmitted Krauss our coordinates, let's move out." They took a few moments to erect shield generators across the hangar, before sending their own transport back up and towards the Star Destroyer. The generators would help aide future transports from any new defense forces. "Move, move, move!" Mason shouted, and his squad entered the city.

The first hallway was lined with citizens, it seemed they landed near an entrance to a casino. It was a mixture of pleasure and chaos, with staff defending their workplace from thieves and the raunchy music still buzzing while holographic women danced on their holopads – undisturbed by the invasion. Mason unloaded his assault rifle, putting down a good thirty people, before his droids secured the room. Stepping over their bodies, the rest of the room surrendered. “Three, Seven…eliminate the rest. We were ordered to show no mercy, let’s follow that, shall we?”

“By your command.” The two droids responded and instantly, their hands snapped to life, ending any and all life inside the mini-casino.

“How far are we from the Administration’s office?”

“Just two levels up…” The Mando called out, checking his chronometer, “We better move if we want to stay ahead of the second wave. Otherwise, they might have all the fun.”

Over the intercom an automated voice announced, “Imperials have entered Level 4 Section Thirty, and secured the hangar with shield generators. Eliminate them.”

“That’s us,” Mason confirmed, “We better move.” He signaled the droids and they were off….
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Fri, August 12th 2011 09:37am    Post subject:

The torrent of turbolaser fire outside and small arms fire inside forced Kyp to take a safer route than what he would have preferred. Orrain trailed behind him as they crouched through fire filled rooms. Somewhere the local defenders would have a stronghold deep within the city.

Whether coincidence or not Kyp was also headed to a distressed Tseneca. If he could get all three of them to relative safety it'd be a victory in itself.

I don't have much time, I have to head to work today but if you wanna add me into a post of yours Jess please go ahead.

Tag: Jess
Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, August 12th 2011 12:35pm    Post subject:

Tseneca crawled on her hands and knees for what seemed like an hour, though with the claustrophobic conditions it could only have been all of five minutes.

There, the exit hatch. She turned her body to the side and kicked the opening, hard, with the sole of her boot. It didnt give. She kicked it again, and then a third time, pulling her strength from the force as she heard it crack outward clattering to the floor.

She crawled out, feeling strong hands grip her arms and help haul her from the service corridor into the little hallway. She felt a wave of relief as Lucas and Jonas made sure she was safe before chattering about what their course of action could be. The sounds of running, the rumbles of blaster fire and chaos littered the thoroughfare outside of their hiding place.

"We've made it out of worse situations..." Lucas said blandly.

"Sure." She said. "But this time, we are almost literally on a sinking ship." She pulled out her comm, trying to hail Coral, but there was nothing but static. She cursed. "Droyk. Their jamming the communications."

"Coral said we could expect New Republic back-up--" Jonas started, but she cut him off.

"Not if communications are down. Their cutting resources..." Suddenly she felt a wave of nausea and stepped back as her head lit up with the sounds of screaming and pain. Jonas grabbed her arm to steady her, and as her vision cleared she could see Lucas had gone pale, his face ashen.

"Oh god..." She whispered, her mouth dry.

Lucas's eyes found hers. probing. "You felt that too?"

She started to nod slowly, when a voice cut her off.

"We all did."

She turned to look at the man who had just approached, pulling at his cloak. His dark eyes were furrowed and his jaw set. "Kyp."

He gave her a grim smile. Then his face turned stony, his eyes finding Lucas. "Its a massacre."

Tseneca felt dizzy. They were here, in the city. They weren't just taking hostages, they were killing people mercilessly. It was like Bakura all over again. And it wasn't going to stop.

"How did she know?" Tseneca asked no-one in particular. "Its like she followed us here..."

"Could be a coincidence." Jonas said.

"Not Likely." Kyp responded. "Someone must have put a beacon on the Blight Leaper."

Tseneca searched her mind. "Ryles. It had to have been."

"You dont know that." Lucas' voice was harsh.

"Oh please." She scoffed. "don't defend him. Who else could it have been."

Jonas interjected, moving between them "We don't have time for this."

Just then a crackling on Tseneca's comm interrupted. She held it up tentatively as Corals voice came through.

"....in....Leap.....come in...." Her voice was in and out like a light. ".....Finch.... over."

"Finch?" She said as the light went down. Coral must have cracked the jamming signal if only for a short time.

Lucas' head snapped up. "The Administor's office. Of course."

"Stairwells are cut off, we'll have to use the lifts." Tseneca said as the group made way through the frantic crowds toward the turbo lifts. They had to get to Curtis Finch before the Imperials did. She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see Kyp looking at her. He took her hand and she felt him press the cold metal cylinder of her lightsaber into her palm. He squeezed it over the hilt, locking his gaze with hers.

"You'll need this." He said, his voice low. "make it count. If you refuse to heed your instincts and give into rage and hate, I'll take it from you again. Do you understand?"

Part of her wanted to yank her hand from his and spit out something vile toward him, but this was Kyp. her mentor. In her heart, she trusted him, and knew he wouldn't do wrong by her.

"Yes, Master Durron." She said softly.

She saw a shadow of surprise pass over his face. His lips parted in a half smile. He looked pleased.

"Lets go kick some ass." He said.

Tag: alex, kyp
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, August 12th 2011 12:57pm    Post subject:

Sethe pushed past the crowd of people heading in the opposite direction toward the hanger bay. The maw of the city's citizens was so thick he had to shoulder past them, trample on toes, and once or twice, shove someone.

Another rumble pulsed through the city, knocking a great many of them to the ground. He caught a teenage boy who lost his balance and pummled into him. He caught the kids eyes once he'd righted himself. Strict and absolute terror.

Sethe shuddered, pushing his way through the chaos, his ears met with shouts and blaster fire overhead. This was insane. There was no way all of these people would be able to escape, not with an imperial armada and ground troops invading the city and the skies around it. It was impossible. There was no where to go.

He felt his comm vibrate, heard Corals broken voice. The Administration Deck...

"Bhren!" he heard a voice shout, a bark over the general din of horror.

He turned and his eyes found the broad form of Jairon Blake pushing past a few people toward him.

"what the hell are you doing?" Blake said, shoving Sethe to a tiny cul de sac away from the mob. "Hanger bay's that way." He thumbed in the direction of the crowd.

Sethe took a breath. Of course. He could get out of here right now, could flee the blockade and no one would be the wiser.

Tseneca. He couldn't leave her, even after she'd dismissed him. He just couldn't.

"I have to find somone." He shouted over the noise.

Blake looked incredulous. "You can't be serious!"

Sethe fixed him with a heated gaze, which Blake met with something akin to understanding, shrouded by something more like exasperation. He put his hands up, and made sure Sethe was looking at him directly.

"You have ten minutes to change your mind." Blake said. "Hanger bay 3, deck 16. After that..."

Sethe clasped his shoulder. "Thank you." Then without turning back, headed off toward Finche's office.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, August 12th 2011 02:17pm    Post subject:

”This is insane!” Morgan thought as he ran through the hallways of Cloud City. He was intent on getting out as soon as possible. He’d had enough of this **** as it was.

”We need to get to the Leaper.” He said. He hadn’t even had time yet to check where the Shape was, so unless it suddenly popped out of nowhere, the ship he had arrived on Bespin in would be his best bet off it as well. Trouble was, getting back seemed to be a lot more difficult than he had expected. With the shots hitting the city and Morgan not exactly remembering what path he had taken in the first place, the cyborg was finding himself at a number of dead ends. About the only thing working in his favor at the moment was that he was still fully armed.

He turned a corner, only to find himself facing a group of rather familiar battle droids coming his direction form down the hallway. He fired a few shots as he moved across the hallway, taking a glancing shot to the shoulder as he moved. While the hit knocked him off his feet, his armor was enough to keep him from taking any major damage.

”WOULD YOU STUPID PEOPLE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!” He shouted around the corner.

He took a moment to inspect his shoulder, and while didn’t notice any impairment to his ability to move his arm, there were couple random sparks from the area around the blast mark.

”ZIM, you have anything on it?” He asked the droid.
”Initial diagnostic is no, but I’d suggest you prepare for the worst.”

”Great.”

He looked around the corner again, firing off a few pot-shots as he considered whether he could stand his ground and hope he could fight through them eventually or fall back and look for another route.

Much to his surprise, he saw one of the droids heads collapse in on itself, and then the unit fell to the ground. Turning around, he saw that there was a large, floating crate coming his direction, blocking the shots being fired at whoever was behind it.
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, August 12th 2011 02:57pm    Post subject:

(Continues from Here.)

Things could not have gone much worse for Jade’s mission. She hadn’t even met with her contact on Cloud City when it had come under attack, and now in addition to it being the one planet where she finally ran the risk of running into her dad was also the one planet that Zend’s Imperial forces had chosen to attack next.

“Gorrop!” She shouted into her communicator as she began to make her way back to the Hive Queen. “We’re abandoning the pickup and getting out of here! Keep the ship waiting for me and power up the Stinger!”

She waited for a response, and while she thought she heard something, mostly all she got was static. Either her comm. was suddenly malfunctioning, or the invaders were managing to block individual communicators in addition to the normal interstellar communications.

“Daast!” she cursed. She could only trust that her crew would know what to do.

Jade should have known this would happen sooner or later. Her habit of leaving her lightsaber on her ship was finally biting her in the @$$. Normally she was able to get by just fine on avoiding direct fights or winning them with just a blaster and maybe a vibroblade. Now, however, it wasn’t cutting it. As she found herself being surprised by a squad of war droids exiting a hanger bay, Jade moved a pile of crates in front of her for cover, just barely avoiding getting shot up.

Drawing her blaster, she peeked around the corner and put some shots into them, but her civilian-model blaster pistol clearly wasn’t cutting it. Neither of them went down, and she couldn’t even tell if they had taken any damage. Jade didn’t have time to waste with trying precision aiming, so she would have to find another way of dealing with them.

One of the droids leapt on top of the crate pile and aimed down at her, but the woman looked up in time to Force Push the droid into the ceiling, following it up by throwing the droid onto the floor. Regardless of the reason, it didn’t get back up.

Jade smirked, despite being embarrassed by not having considered the idea sooner. She didn’t need a blaster capable of penetrating their armor. The woman may not have officially been a Jedi, but she still had access to the force and knew very well how to use it.

Closing her eyes, she took in a deep breath then came out from around her cover. All of the droids aimed at her, but she didn’t give them the chance to take her down. She pulled one of them towards her, turning it around so that it couldn’t shoot her as she used it as a ‘living’ shield. Holding the droid in front of her, she pushed one the arm of one of the other droids so that it aimed at one of its allies long enough to shoot it, then threw the droid into another. She finished the last two off by first throwing her shield into one then lifting the second off the ground, keeping its arm aimed away at her, and crushed its head.

She dropped to her knees temporarily as she caught her breath, taking a moment to recover from the burst of energy she had taken from the Force to pull off the maneuver.

Jade picked herself up when she got a Force warning from behind her, the arrival of more forces from another hanger she had already passed. Getting to her feet, she lifted one of the crates that had protected her previously and used it as a shield as she made her escape.

It was another passageway, and this time, rather than being pursued or ambushed, there were Imperial forces between her and where she needed to go to reach her ship.

Re-using what she had done before, she lifted some cover in front of her and slowly walked forward. Reaching out, she found one of the droids, and slowly focused on squeezing its head with a telekinetic force from all sides, eventually crushing it. She let the droid drop as she continued forward and focused on another one, ignoring the cyborg she passed as he continued forward.

“Wow, you guys are everywhere, aren’t you?” She heard him say, guessing that he was assuming she was a Jedi. She didn’t bother to correct him, being more concerned with continuing to clear the way to the Hive Queen.
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Sat, August 13th 2011 03:10am    Post subject:

Jase nodded in contemplation as Dryas spoke. The bothan's answer proved the courage and determination of the young Knight; and the confidence Jase had in choosing to pass on his secrets to him. "Very well, Dryas, I applaud your bravery and devotion. I will train you in the field, wherever we are needed. I have come to count on such dedication from you."

The conversation was interrupted as fire from the Imperials suddenly rocked the city. Alarms blqred and frantic announcements went out over the intercoms to evacuate.[b] "They're here, quicker than I anticipated too! Follow me to the hangar!"
Jase reached out into the Force as he moved, calling to his other Jedi. Sahana, Neytiri! To the Fury!

As more droids moved in on Jade and Morgan, three suddenly fell as they were engulfed by blue electricity. The rest quickly fell in a blindingly fast blur of purple light. Jase stood among the fallen droids, lightsaber humming softly after the assault of Vapaad.

" Jade... I see you've not kept up in your training. How... disappointing..." He turned back to face his bothan apprentice. "Dryas... may I present to you FORMER Jedi Jade Anulay. My daughter..."

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, August 13th 2011 02:37pm    Post subject:

A confrontation with her dad had been exactly what Jade had hoped she could avoid on Bespin, but that was exactly what was happening. If that wasn’t enough, he had decided to take the time to belittle her, too. But why should that have surprised her. It was exactly like she remembered him.

Taking the crate she was still holding, she pointed it at and threw it in Jase’s direction with as strong a force push as she could managed. No directly at him, but close enough that he’d be forced to respond. She used the opening to keep going towards her ship, not paying much attention as her dad slammed the crate to the side.

“Shove it, Dad!” she shouted at him over her shoulder.

"Would you be happy to know I'm dying?!" He heard him shout back at him.

Jade stopped as he hear the words. She wondered if she should believe them, or for that matter even care. But her curiosity got the better of her and she turned around.

“Why should that matter to me?” She asked. “You’re hardly even my father in anything but name anyway!”

“Uh…should I let you two have your little reunion in peace?” She heard the cyborg ask.

“Shut up.” She said. She didn’t care if he stayed or left, but she didn’t want the random stranger getting in the middle of her…'reunion'.

"Yes, but your mother might like to know!" Jase said.

Jade could feel the anger building inside of her. This was exactly the reason she’s left the order in the first place.

“Maybe you should go find her and tell her yourself!” She fired back. Again, she knew she shouldn’t have been as surprised as she was that he was using such a slimy tactic. “If you even know whether she’s still alive or not! Have you ever even talked to her once since you left us?!”

"You know I left you to protect you.” Jase said. “You couldn't possibly imagine the number of beings who would have used you to get to me. Your mother always understood that. It's good you left the Jedi, even now I sense your anger controlling you. I at last gave you more discipline than that."

“Don’t give me that BS!” Jade said, doing her best to keep her anger from swelling up any further. She began to mix in a touch of sarcasm as she taunted her father. “Of all the high-profile targets in the galaxy, it’s the great Jase Denora, Jedi Master and former assassin who couldn’t handle making a family work in spite of the danger involved.”

“Master Denora, not to interrupt your reunion, but I’m not sure we should be saying here.” The Bothan Dryas said.

She watched as Jase hissed something at the Bothan then approached her. He put his now de-activated lightsaber in her hands and spoke.

"I gave you everything I could. But I could not give you my time while my enemies lived. Not until you were strong enough. I have paid for that decision by watching grow to hate me. And if you think I did not shed tears over your brother, you are sadly mistaken. If you truly do not care if I live or die, than unleash your hatred and strike me down with my own blade; and be done with it!"

She looked down at the saber in her hands – it was his prized purple-bladed saber, the one he had claimed to obtained from a long-dead Jedi Master of the old order.

With the anger inside of her, Jade seriously considered it for a moment. But she had been trained better than that. Striking Denora down – killing him, right here and now, might have made her feel better for a brief moment, but it would not be worth it. That would lead her down a dark path she did not want to risk taking.

Even so, she was not above some measure of petty ‘revenge’.

Looking back up at her dad with her eyes glaring daggers, she took a few steps back as if she might actually do it. But instead, she pulled on her force reserves to try to move as quickly as she could in hopes of getting ahead of her dads reaction, pulled her blaster, and tried to shoot the lightsaber to pieces.

Not surprisingly, it wasn’t nearly fast enough, as Jase was still able to pull it back before she could do any damage.

"You are still an impudent child, Jade.” Jase said. “But, you are my impudent child. One day, you'll realize that I only did what was best for you."

“Keep telling yourself that, dad.” She said. She could tell by now that the conversation was accomplishing nothing, and so she turned and once again tried to rush to her ship.

“Whatever bantha fodder works for you!”

(Joint Post Approved.)

(Click Here to Continue.)
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, August 18th 2011 04:36pm    Post subject:

Lucas followed Tseneca through the hallways when the entire city rocked. "Frak, how much of that can it take?" Lucas asked, but no one answered. They were focused ahead, and even more so, when they heard blaster fire. "The Administrator could be dead..."

"Or worse." Tseneca added, with a grim tone. "They're not exactly holding a tea party up there, in the brigs."

"At least they repaired your battle wounds and made you look nice..." Lucas piped, hoping a joke would defuse her for a second before the shit really hit the fan, "Well... before the whole blaster to the face...." Tseneca tossed him a look, he knew the joke lost its way.

"Smooth." Jonas added, below his breath. Master Durron tensed up, and then again, the station shook with a violent thud.

"Landing parties have entered...on all sides." Master Durron was speaking slowly, as though he was looking over the whole City, then again, maybe he was.

A few Rebel soldiers ran by, "Jedi Master Durron, is that you?" He gave them a nod, "We could use an extra hand on the turret gun, stop the next wave of boarding parties."

Lucas tapped the Master on his back, "We've got this, Master." Lucaas looked over to Jonas, then back to Tseneca, "Go get our administrator. Make sure he hasn't signed or proclaimed any kind of invitation to the True Empire...anything they could use for propaganda."

"Be safe." Was the only response she gave. Lucas and Jonas followed the Rebel soldier....

He felt the wind as the turret doors opened, his leg swiveled over the chair and he felt the cold control stick as he spun the weapon around. He looked over to Jonas who was already squeezing the turbolaser. "There is a lot of them, enough to cover a Hutt's ass." Jonas called out. Lucas laughed, feeling the Froce guide his fingers across the skyline and brought done one of the Empire's fighters. He watched the pilot eject, his parachute opening with a flashing beacon. "Ha! What an idiot, he'll be crushed!"

Lucas used the Force to snap the wires attaching him to the chute, sending him down into the clouds. "A lot faster than he thought." Lucas spun around, bringing a fighter to a halt, but its shields collected the energy with ease, before it spun around. "Crap!"

Jonas yelled out, "Got..." A large amount of green energy collided with the Imperial craft, "It."

Lucas shifted his focus, but this time with his eyes closed, letting the Force flow through him.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, August 19th 2011 12:45pm    Post subject:

With Jonas and Lucas heading for the turrets, Tseneca and Kyp hurried to the central office. Whomever had decided to trap the Administrator hadn't thought to lock the level down, Lucky them.

It was eerily silent away from the below decks. Tseneca's body still tingled from the staggering visions of death they had received below.

"Do you think..." She started to ask Kyp, but he gave her a look,

"Its best not to." He said. He was probably right. They were centerpoint in a massacre, the deaths caused by Imperials today would likely stack up tenfold once they were through.

They slid down the hall. The lights had shut off on this deck and had replaced by emergency power, an unsettling effect in the silence. The floor rumbled and quaked slightly beneath them and they held themselves against the wall, each trying to retain balance.

"There." She said under her breath.

The administrators main office was centered in the middle of the hall, its rooms blocked by frosted glass double doors. There were guarded by battle droid centurians.

"Too easy." Kyp whispered with uncharacteristic cockiness. She nodded silently.

"A hornets nest..." she responded and the two of them activated their lightsabers, moving silently and swiftly to each droid and decapitating them in tandem; So fluid and silent the things didn't even have time to raise a weapon.

Kyp raised a hand and used the force to slide the doors open. Before Tseneca could blink they were hit with a barrage of blaster fire.

Tseneca ducked and spun away, deflecting shots with her blade as she went, opening herself to the force, giving her reaction timing she could use rather than hinder her. Her limbs moved as if the extensions of her body they were meant to be, and she felt, rather than registered the way her body functioned.

She struck out, deflecting bolts away from herself while she plunged forward, spinning and striking out. She felt her blade connect with metal, the searing strike of droid bodies as they fell before her feet. She felt a twinge and instinctually, spun backward, catching a bolt and its connecting droid before it caught her in the neck.

"Stop!"

The strong voice barked the order and the droids ground to a halt. Sweating, Tseneca snapped to, lightsaber in one hand and blaster in the other. She leveled its point at a young man who, in turn held his blaster's barrel to the head of Curtis Finche, Cloud City's Administrator and CEO.

The young man shoved the thing with pointed ferocity into Finche's scull. Finche winced visibly but remained silent.

"You've got a lot of nerve barging in here like that." The young man said, his voice even. He was good looking, young and military molded. She flinched inwardly. He reminded her of Emmett.

"You should have locked the door." She said, her gun still level with his face.

He gave her a wry smile "Tseneca Lowry- Fink, I presume?"

"Naturally." She said with a slight nod. She didn't give him the benefit of smiling back. She glanced down at Finche, who was trembling beneath the point of the man's blaster.

"Yes, well, we were warned." He looked down at Finch, as if biting at the irony. Then he looked back at her, his light eyes glinting.

"Of little old me?" She said innocently. "Why Major, I'm flattered."

"Commander." He corrected, his voice stiff.

"Ah." she bit. "Oh course. My mistake." she made a point to look him down appraising. He really did look far to young to be commanding a unit, especailly a battalion of droids. Which, at that point, clambored over and raised their weapons. She and Kyp were suddenly surrounded. Insurmountably.

"Call them off." She growled at the commander.

"Lower your weapons" He said back and pressed the barrel into Finche.

Kyp, who had remained silent through the whole ordeal sent a spark of calm into Tseneca's mind. The older man, poised in a battle stance, extinguished his blade and lowered it to his side. "To as he says." Kyp said to her.

Tseneca didn't shift her gaze, but remained at the ready. The commander shifted his weapon from stun to kill in one swift twitch of his thumb. "Do as the man says, Fink."

She glared, But, reticent, lowered her weapons.

Tag: alex, kyp
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, August 22nd 2011 02:46pm    Post subject:

On the on hand, Morgan agreed with the Bothan. It was probably a really bad idea that they were standing around waiting for Denora to try to deal with his messed up family issues. On the other hand, he was probably safer with the Jedi than he was running around on his own. Especially since, if he remembered correctly, they had access to a ship, and unlike the Leaper, he was pretty sure he could count on it not having taken off yet.

”Well, then…” Morgan started, holding back one of a couple dozen potential quips he could have made about the situation, at least half of which were being suggested by ZIM.

”Denora. I don’t suppose I could catch a ride out of here with you, could I?”

(Click Here to Continue the Story)

Mason Kassity

Post Posted: Thu, September 01st 2011 08:51pm    Post subject:

Mason paused and internally gloated at the sight of the Jedi Master surrendering his weapon. Still, it would be worthy of making a point to the droids that it could be whisked back to their fingertips with a flick of their wrist. The mysterious energy in this galaxy, called the Force, was not to be underestimated.

"Remove the weapons from the room, in fact, toss them overboard." Mason said, his tone cold. He watched as the droid punched through the glass window, exposing them to the raw atmosphere of Bespin, the smell of a nearby burning complex filled the room as the lightsabers were tossed into the gas giant's abyss. He returned his attention solely on Tseneca, the one marked pregnant by an Imperial medical examination, a point he made sure of checking after Krauss mentioned the latter part of her name. Fink.

"You'll regret that." Tseneca looked from the droid then to Mason, who was all too comfortable in receiving the stare. Mason clenched the throat of the man he used as leverage, his lips nearing the man's ear, as he whispered so silently Until next time, before taking the hilt of his blaster and smashed it into the back of the man's skull.

"He'll survive." Mason gestured to the bruised, and slightly bleeding City Administrator. "He already signed documentation allowing the True Empire to annex this mining operation."

"Liar." Tseneca breathed through her teeth.

"It doesn't matter." Mason smiled, "Now, onto more interesting topics. Jedi." Mason looked at Tseneca, "Let me be more specific, Master Durron."

"Yes?" The question came from an annoyed tone, though it was different than Tseneca, in fact, it almost made him uncomfortable. It was entirely possible, Mason had heard, that this man could explode every brain cell in his body within a blink of an eye.

"Master Durron, I'd like you to deliver a message to the Jedi Council, from Commander Krauss. We advise that your people vacate the galaxy and leave the political affairs between the Galactic Empire and the various Rebellions to our own capable hands. In exchange for your departure, we will spare Yavin IV and the temple of Coruscant."

"You would have us run like cowards? Like a rat with its tail between its legs?"

"Hardly. I believe you know of the stories of what happened to the last Order?"

"You son of a -"

"Silence." Mason swiveled his blaster, aiming for the woman's belly. "If Fink is truly the father of this child, I would do everything to protect it. But until that can be verified, your life is meaningless." Mason switched and fired at the Jedi Master, causing him to fall. "I think he got the message. Pack him up..." He suggested to the City Administrator, while stepping over the Jedi Council Member, "Come Lady Fink, we have a City to take."

"I'm not going to help you. Let me tend to him.... to them both." She adjusted her finger to include the Administrator.

The droids advanced, their wrist blasters pointing towards her face. "No, you'll be coming with me. If anything, you'll serve as a blaster shield... Might take a shot or two for me before you end up dying. Now let's move Princess, we haven't got all day."

Tag: Jess
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Bespin: Cloud City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: