Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Hoth
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Hoth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, September 28th 2010 12:50am    Post subject: Hoth

Quote:
Hoth was the sixth planet of the remote Hoth system. A desolate world covered with ice and snow, located in the Anoat sector, a rarely-traveled portion of the Outer Rim Territories, it became famous as the one-time location of the Alliance to Restore the Republic's Echo Base during the Galactic Civil War. It was discovered in 3 ABY by the Empire, causing the Battle of Hoth, a major engagement that destroyed the Rebels' base and gave them heavy casualties.

Reference: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hoth
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, September 28th 2010 01:35am    Post subject:

New Republic Shuttle: " Oceanstar "
Class MC-24a

"This is weird," Anakin spoke aloud, breaking the day dream of his homeworld's summer season and cool beach heads just outside Kuat City. Lucas adjusted his vision, blinking away the last remnants of his memories of home. "Lucas run a sensor sweep. The navigational computer says we've arrived at... Coruscant." Cleary that assumption was wrong, Lucas ran his fingers over the console, snapping buttons and tapping the shuttle's interface.

"I'm not sure I understand," Lucas answered truthfully. "The navigational computer confirms we have arrived at Coruscant. Constellation examination reveals we're inside the Ison Corridor, the Anoat sector..." The asteroid field in the distance, and the blue planet ahead could mean only one thing. Every child in the Empire had read about the victory here. Lucas looked up, Anakin had made the same connection. Hoth.

"I'll reset the navigational computer," Lucas started, but Anakin stopped him.

"No, we can't afford to make another jump. If the nav computer is this off, we might jump into a star or something." He had a point, by this time, Coral and Rylii had came to. Anakin explained to them the situation, and in a matter of seconds, they were both unhappy. Suddenly, something sparked, the controls overloaded, and the vessel dived.

"Sithshit!" Lucas cursed, his hands had been on one of the controls, and would've been fried, if he had not moved them. The Force hadn't given him a warning, either. "Something is wrong, do you feel... disconnected?"

"Yeah," Anakin acknowledged, something was at works here. Lucas frantically pulled at the control dial, but it was no use, and to make matters worse, the hull was beginning to buckle. "Mon Cal shuttles are supposed to be great in situations like this."

"Master, I have a really, really bad feeling about this."

"Can it, Lucas. Get your head in the game."

"What kind of game is this? We are cut off from the Force, the shuttle thinks we're landing on an extended senatorial plank on Coruscant, except, we are in fact crash landing on HOTH!?!"

"You love to over react," Anakin's tone was playful, he activated an emergency beacon, and sent a transmission to the Jedi Order. On the side, Lucas set the communication dial for Tatooine, and sent a message to the Escrow, which would automatically disperse the message to the crew's individual data pads, specifically, Jonas or Tseneca. He wasn't aware if Badim made it or not. "All right, everyone out. Coral and I will take the first life pod, you and Kuat take the second."

"Right," Lucas looked at the blond boy, and pushed him inside the second life pod. It was a small little thing, really only meant for one person. "We're going to need gear to survive!" He managed to shout it to Anakin, just as the shuttle buckled and ripped. Rylii's arms wrapped around him, and pulled him inside the life pod, taking only seconds to slap the ejection button. Long safety belts snapped around their bodies, Lucas sitting ontop of Riles, as the lifepod shot from the Mon Cal shuttle. Lucas watched in the small viewport, Anakin had still not ejected... "Come on... come on..."

The Oceanstar whined and bucked completely, wild fire spitting over head, but not before the tiny lifepod shot off. With the twirl of the shuttle, it was sent flailing in the opposite direction, possibly several miles from where they would land. "Great," Rylii muttered, "There goes our hope of survival." Lucas nudged him, though the severity of the gravity locked their bodies into place for a good portion of the dive. When the last-minute emergency thrusters powered on, their contact to the ice sheet had been greatly cushioned. Lucas disengaged the emergency straps, grabbing a blaster and two bags of separate equipment.

Keeping the lighter of the two, Lucas tossed the other to Kuat, before retrieving a small beacon. "We can't stay here." Rylii's voice sounded traumatic, maybe even terrified.

"You scared of enclosed spaces or something?" Lucas retorted.

"Only when those enclosed spaces host a pair of mating wampas..." Lucas turned and sure enough, there they were, just going at it. The life pod seemed to aggravate the male, the massive brute ripping the pod's door frame and tossing it across the ground. Lucas twisted for his lightsaber, when the massive claws wrapped around his face, and threw him towards the female.

"Holy hell!" Her wild white, and completely inflamed breasts, bounced from side to side as it roared and pounded on the ground. Lucas stumbled backwards, reaching out with the Force to subdue the creature, but its emotions were too frantic.

"Lucas...." Kuat had fired several shots, but the male beast crippled the device and tossed its shatters remains against the wall, before giving a deaf-inducing tangent...
 Back to top »
Rylii Kuat
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, September 29th 2010 03:37pm    Post subject:

Inside a Wampa Breeding Cave

The Wampa had snatched his blaster and tossed it against the ice cavern's wall, it shattered on impact, and with it, his hopes of getting out of here alive. Rylii squirmed, maybe Hoth was a terrible planet to send their shuttle. Lumiya had faith, though, and it was enough for him to act quickly. The Wampa reached inside the lifepod, but a quick tap on the door's control, and it snapped shut. The creature's arm bent and broke instantly. It roared, and Rylii used a tool to beat it mercilessly. When the creature pulled its mangled hand out, Rylii rolled out to find Lucas struggling with the female.

"I can't seem to get her," His hands were outstretched, no doubt trying to use the Force to subdue the female wampa. Rylii was caught off guard by the sudden lurch, he had nearly forgotten about the wounded male. Its brute force was enough to knock him down, his head spinning from the impact. The adrenaline flushed his veins and brought the long metal tool back to a full swing, this time connecting with the brute's knee. It buckled, long enough for him to bring the metal into contact with its face. Once it was on the ground, Rylii pounded its skull until it would never rise again.

Lucas was pinned against the wall, until finally, a blue strip ripped through the white fur and extended to the otherside. The female dropped, guts spilling across the snow. He took a quick swipe at her neck line, just to be sure. "Frakkin'A, man. frakkin'a."

Rylii breathed a little more easily, his eyes searched the cave more in depth, this place would be a safe haven, at least, for now. The wampas were solitary creatures, and it was most likely protected for a few days, and they'd be long gone before a territorial challenge from another creature. Strange creatures were strung up all over the cave, it was barbaric, but reminded him of a Dathomirian sacrifice ritual that would take place on the eve of a new moon. "Took you long enough," Rylii jested.

"Listen Kuat, I didn't want to do that-" He looked down and pointed to the remains of the male. The broken arm, and the mangled skull.

"Call me Riles, please. I do not really go by that any more." Kuat locked him into a family with no pride. Out here, he was just Riles. A servant to the Dark Lady of the Sith. And his family's greatest nemesis was scheduled to become Lady Lumiya's apprentice. "We should get a heat source going, the one in the lifepod was damaged by Buck-boy here." He tossed a careless finger to the downed wampa.

"All right, Riles it is then. I think we'll have a lot of spare time. Wanna explain why you left Kuat in the first place? You had a lot going for you." Lucas was innocent, or at least, put on a good show. He didn't know that his mother forced him out of politics with blackmail.

"Maybe we should start with something a little more... easy. Like what we've been up to since we left. I've been trading and exploring the space traveler lifestyle. It's liberating, and cultures are much more free, than back home. Do you agree?" Lucas grunted a sound of agreement as he hoisted some objects from the lifepod and set them on fire. "I just returned from Dathomir, actually."

"Dathomir?" Lucas turned.

"Yeah, hung out with a witch clan for a while. They're not all bad as the galaxy paints them to be." Rylii chimed a smile, "What about you?"

Lucas paused, rubbing his hands over the heat. Rylii moved in closer on the opposite end. "Been training with Anakin Solo since I left. Been all over the place. I met this woman on Corellia and been traveling with her ever since."

Woman? Rylii did a double take. Was the intelligence wrong? Had Lumiya sent the wrong person? "You, uh, into this girl?"

Lucas laughed, "She's pregnant." Rylii nearly wanted to vomit. How could someone have gotten this wrong? Lumiya would kill him the moment she found out. He was just a liability now. "The father is dead though. I think she might be into this other guy, not really sure. Not that is really any of my business any ways, just hope she figures things out for herself."

"You seem to care a lot about her."

"I do. She's my best friend, which is weird, because we just met a couple of months of ago. We have a strange connection." Lucas sighed, "But to answer your question the way you intended it, I am not really interested in her. I have someone else in mind." He paused and then the conversation died entirely. Rylii recovered, it wasn't confirmed, but either way, they had a day or two before a ship arrived.

"This little fire will not last us very long. We should think of other ways to conserve body heat..."
 Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, October 01st 2010 04:24pm    Post subject:

Echo Base - Imperial Remnant Outpost

Coral and Anakin Solo had the fortune of landing within a mile of the Imperial Remnant outpost. The Kuati boys did not, and they could be anywhere from ten to hundred miles out. Hoth was legendary for their blizzards, and had it not been for Solo's determination, she might've died out there in the ice and snow with any other man. Republic troops swarmed them, but quickly disarmed. It seemed Anakin's face was enough to get them through the doors and into a warm, well heated area.

Echo Base had seem some changes since its Civil War days. With time and enough credits, it was actually livable. It wasn't a makeshift command center any more, and repairs and maintenance could properly be provided. A system of communication terminals had been spread across the planet, it would be useful if Lucas could find one and relay their position.

"This is where the shuttle broke apart... right about here." Anakin was pointing at a map.

"If he landed in the open, the boy is dead." The Commander's voice was cold as the environment they were trapped in.

"Excuse me?"

"There is no way he or the lifepod could generate enough heat to last him until mid afternoon tomorrow."

Coral was sipping a hot beverage, when she nearly spit it out in surprise. "Commander, you aren't even going to attempt a rescue? You have two Imperial citizens out there. If they die, my gods." Her New Republic Intelligence training was kicking in. With the war brewing against Zend, they couldn't afford to lose allies over a couple of kids. "Frak, Commander. You have to be joking. You know who they are? Sons of Kuat Drive Yards."

"I will not tolerate a couple of showmans crashing down and interrupting our operations. We have enough on our plate, do you understand that, Agent?"

Anakin Solo cleared his throat, "Give us the tools, we'll risk our own lives then."

A large vein was beginning to grow across the old man's face. He'd seen battle, and his temper was inflating as large as his commanding ego. "Last time I checked, the Imperial military doesn't take orders from a Jedi. It is out of pure respect for your parents I don't have the two of you locked up in a medical bay, waiting for "observation". But every minute this argument continues, really busts my balls."

Coral crossed her arms, "Some balls."

The man's face exploded into a red fever. He opened his mouth, but closed it. "Secure them in Medical Bay Two, medical observation." Anakin touched his lightsaber, but they knew it was just a personal game, and they could not afford to invoke any kind of violence. "If you could, Commander." Coral whispered, just under the volume necessary for observing officers to hear, "Put a word in towards the Director of Diplomacy and that I wish to speak to him. Or, I can certainly drop your name when I return to Coruscant."

The Commander seemed to change posture by the slightest, but ignored her remark. She knew he would comply, he wouldn't risk his commission here. He was probably attached since the first time the Rebellion lost it. He was a relic-hero of the Civil War. When they were alone in the medical bay, with nothing but a droid for company, Anakin asked, "Why the Director of Diplomacy?"

"He has many connections on this side," She folded her arms, "And he's my grandfather. Besides, the Empire wouldn't keep a Solo locked up too long, that's just bad. Though rumor has it, they just kicked your sister from the Palace on Bastion. Some Moff has been promoted to Emperor."

"Emperor?!" Anakin was taken back for a moment, "What happened to Fel?"

He didn't know. Shit. "He's dead, Anakin. You know the attack against the Imperial Council, we think Zend was behind it. Just like her attempt to wipe out the New Republic leadership at Rendili. The galaxy is in a very fragile state right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get tangled up in some legal crap." Coral thought for a moment, "Maybe not though. Many Imperial worlds are actually in a siege, politically speaking. Zend offered them complete amnesty, should they join her. We may not even be on an Imperial Remnant world any more."

This thought had just crossed her mind, and quite frankly, it had her worried.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, October 03rd 2010 06:58am    Post subject:

Wampa Breeding Cave

"Paradise Cove just outside Kuat City, twilight." They had been playing a game, something to keep their minds off the below survival temperatures. Going back and forth on favorite locations on their homeworld, Lucas felt like he had won. Rylii was quiet for a long time, perhaps he was equally wrapped up in the mirage of the beaches. Kuat's sun was always warm and the air pleasant. Out of all the planets he had been to, it would always be his favorite. With the predominant super-company like Kuat Drive Yards, the planet was rich and wealthy, and over centuries, had developed a dynamic balance between urbanization and nature. Organic and artificial buildings grew hand in hand. It was a beautiful city, sterile, yet so filled with life and culture...

"Donaan's Lake, just before sunset and the winter season." Rylii's voice was shaking, but no more than his. Lucas closed his eyes, he had been there. It was on the most charming and exotic places on the planet, where stellar radiation mixed with the clouds, and created show of lights across the visible spectrum. Kuati wolves would howl in song, while the fireflies danced in the sky below the stars. It reminded him of Thyferra, and Fink's passing.

Lucas conceded, "You win."

"I had a few more." Rylii laughed.

Lucas rubbed his hands together, but nothing really seemed to generate heat any more. And the stench from the dead wampa wrapped around him didn't help. Nearby, the lifepod's heat generator operated on the lowest setting, just enough to keep them alive. Who knew how long they'd be trapped on the surface. "Do you miss it at all? Home?" Lucas had always wondered why Rylii left Kuat. He had abstained from the political senate, and left the system. No one had really heard or seen much of him sense, and what family members survived, never took control over their own house or affairs. He hoped he was ready to talk about it.

"Nah," Rylii's voice was distasteful, "Not my kind of crowd. Telbuns are beautiful creatures, something about the submission that really turns me on, but you know, I wouldn't go back. At least not for a long time. My family is done, our place in the senate is close to mute, utterly ignored. It was a joke." Lucas tightened up. His mother was leading magistrate, was he going to say anything. "Your family seems to be on top of things, keeping the peace. I felt it was safe to leave, and so I did."

It wasn't really his choice. His uncle had sentenced the family by attempting to detonate the shipyards. "I'm glad I found you." Lucas responded, he wasn't really sure what to say. He had always had a sense of pity for the boy. His family was nothing more than shambles and forgotten prestige. "I always thought you were humble and genuine, not an elitist like some."

"Like the Veluzians?"

Lucas laughed, he imagined the family his parents had over for dinner. They had insulted Thyferra, and ultimately, Tseneca. Lucas never would've thought she would inherit the entire Bacta-business. He extended his thoughts to her, but knew that his energy was too weak to really press. Suddenly, he felt a spark, like she was calling to him. Lucas.

"What is it?" Rylii's voice was serious, filled with concern. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." The frozen winds were really getting to him. The mere thought of his friend sent his mind into a frenzy. She probably wasn't even thinking about him. All toasty warm on Tatooine, cuddled with Sethe. They were quiet for a long time, checking every now and then to see if the other was still alive, and not frozen to death. Rylii's voice interrupted a long silence period, "I'm glad you found me too."
 Back to top »
Rylii Kuat
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, October 04th 2010 04:16am    Post subject:

Wampa Breeding Cave

Rylii shot awake, his ears perked at an intrusive sound, something that was different than the pounding of the snowstorm and howling of the wind against the cave walls. It happened again, then again. The second and third louder, closer. His eyes skimmed the distance, he couldn't hear anything, but he knew something was there. On Dathomiri a python would slither into the camp and swallow an unsuspecting meal. "Lucas" He hissed, just above a whisper. The Jedi didn't spur, his slight snores continued undisturbed. Whatever it was, perhaps the wampa flesh around his body might scare it off.

Something rubbed against his back, before a massive claw punched into the sand, just in front of his face. Rylii closed his eyes, he could feel the up and down motion against the wampa's flesh. Their impromptu sleeping bags, modelled after Han Solo's makeshift shelter for Luke Skywalker nearly half a century ago. Lucas rolled and opened his eyes, he could see the scene better. "HOLY SHIT." The boy exclaimed, and a massive roar erupted, just above his ears. Lucas literally crawled from the skin, with entrails and random organs plopping into the snow as the lightsaber activated.

The wampa rose, and defended its position, snarling and growling. Rylii shivered as Lucas extended his hand, eyes closing. Generally this was magic hour. The creature growled, and unusually, it began to pur. Lucas opened his eyes, and laughed.

"It is quite fond of you." Lucas had the wampa run to the door, its awkward trance now a defender against future creatures. "You should get out of there. I don't want him to see that we killed her, could break my connection."

Rylii crawled out, the instant chill of outside weather spread across his body. "What am I going to do - freeze to death?"

Lucas pulled the heating lamp closer to him, and dialed the number up a notch. "Get in. We need to make up for lost heat." Rylii crawled in as Lucas wrapped the creature around them. "Do you know what that thing was doing to you - OW!" Rylii planted his elbow just below Lucas' ribs.

"Not a word, Pallanén. I will kill you." He could feel the Jedi's breath against his neck. It was warm and oddly comforting. "What are we going to name him?" Rylii flicked his head towards the brainwashed wampa.

"Fluffy." Rylii laughed, and in the process, pushed his body into Lucas, making it seem accidental. He was well...gifted.
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 12:31am    Post subject:

Echo Base was much larger than he originally thought it was. Granted, the hallways themselves were short, but altogether, it was much larger than imagination had led him to believe. Even the recreation on Coruscant was smaller than this. Jonas had enough room to allow the hat to pass without ducking, just as stormtroopers and the station's commander came to greet them. Jonas was the first to speak, introducing Clare in all the formalities, he had given her an abridged version of how to act, and she played it well.

"We understand the storm has lifted," Jonas continued, now that the pleasantries were out of the way. "Two of our members will continue the search. Lady Lowry Fink and her noble pledged help, Sethe Bhren." Companion or friend sounded a little, less than what he was to her. It didn't take a Force-sensitive psychic to read the sexual frustration between the pair, even with Emmett's passing still raw on the mind.

"Granted." The Imperial lacked the Bastion accent, instead, it was Coruscanti. He was older, probably even a member of the old Empire. Jonas was suddenly nervous, caution was to be taken, as where did this man's loyalties really belong to. His cold response was almost eager to let them do. After all, they would divided and accidents could be much easier executed. No one would really know what happened to the Escrow, in fact, no one knew they were even here.

A pair of Imperials provided taun-tauns. They were ugly, and made an odd, almost goat-like throat bahhh. "You are shittin' me." Jonas released, and realized he nearly broke his Kuati character. He managed to recover with his royal, servant-accent, "A direct quote from the Corellian, Han Solo, I believe. But I may be mistaken. Your nobleness, perhaps you would like a warm drink?" He bowed to Clare, as Sethe and Tseneca boarded the creatures...

He gave them a glance, before they rode out and into the snow...
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 01:01am    Post subject:

They'd gone from desert to snow in less than 36 hours. So even now, where Sethe had been burnt from the sun, he was being whipped by the cold. He turned to tseneca whose eyes he could see burning through her goggles. Her dark hair whipped about her forehead where the furry hood of her parks wasnt covering it all the way.

He hadn't meant to get as angry at her as he had, but how could she not remember? And then the fact that she wouldn't just take it easy made him even more furious. He was furious with himself as well. He'd taken a moment of delusion and inflated it so terribly. She had been high out of her mind, had been fearfull of death and maybe he'd taken advantage of that, but why...

"Did you hear me?" her voice crackled through his ear piece. "I said I charted the coordinates to the east. There's a series of caves that way."

"Roger." He pulled his taun taun ahead of hers and led it toward the coordinated.

There was static. But then her voice was soft over the din of swirling snow, coming in over his ear piece like a bird. "Please. don't do this."

He looked down at the hairy beast he rode on. Its fur was matted and grimy. He didn't want to turn and look at her. They had to keep going. "Lets just ...not, shall we?."

"No, lets." She was ironic, but still refrained from the edge she knew she withheld. "Sethe we..."

"Were practically drunk, I know. Lets forget about it."

radio silence again. There they were, on a rescue mission in the middle of an ice field and he still couldn't be blunt with her.

"Fine." She said. It wasn't the last of it, he knew. She was exhausted, he knew that also, and needed to be healing. it was his own damn fault and despite his anger, he couldn't assauge the guilt he felt at that.

They rode for what seemed like a hundred kilometers before they reached the cave regions. He shivered against the cold....
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 01:24am    Post subject:

"It has to be one of these." She called to Sethe, rearing the beast around and about.

Her head ached, the pain killers wearing off. She could feel her muscles slack. all she wanted, at this point, was to sleep for days.

She reached out, trying to feel for the kid. There. a flash of... something...

"Up ahead!" She cried, and pulled the beast forward, toward the southern most cave.

Sethe caught up to her as she mounted the bank. The cave wasn't too large, but large enough still to house full figures. They anchored the beasts to the bank with metal hooks and entered the steely darkness of the cave.

It smelled rancid. Like unwashed fur and saliva. Tseneca ignited her lightsaber, but the crimson glow did little to alleviate the din, and did more to agravate the pain in her skull.

She walked forward, tripped and stumbled. Sethe gripped her arm to steady her.

"You okay?" His voice was concerned.

"Just.. fine." She muttered.

It took them a few hours to reach the lower half of the cave. Tseneca could feel Lucas' presence draw near.

"Lucas?" She called. It was loud, and echoed through the stalagtite corridors.

They rounded a corner, and there, resting beneath the form of a wampa, lay Lucas Pallanan-Davad.
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 01:28am    Post subject:

Clare stood next to Jonas, watching Tseneca and Sethe take off in their taun-tauns into the blinding blizzard. Badim stood next to Kyp, who had just arrived himself. It was good to see him, and more so than not he was probably taken back with seeing a ghost. She shot him a careful glance, one she was sure he’d take as We’ll talk later. There was apparently a new arrive as well, a girl he had picked up from Deyer, sleeping soundly aboard The Escrow; though Clare knew Kyp would need to make his way back to the ship to ensure she didn’t wake up to H6-32. That droid was getting useful, but also nosy. She was just glad he still hadn’t blurted out her being pregnant.

Badim and Kyp stayed a few steps away from Clare, keeping a royal distance. She didn’t like being the center of attention, and glances proved she was being observed by several stormtroopers and officers. Badim probably hated being this far away from her and her developing child.
For now her parka would need to keep her warm for now and answered Jonas’ Telbun influenced question, “No. I’ve had enough refreshments aboard The Escrow,” that would take a load off Jonas as he bowed again and stood straight. Keeping a stern expression, she turned her sights back on the commander, “When are the rest of your men going to be dispatched, Commander Drenall?”

“Our speeders will depart in exactly ten minutes. No sooner, no later. I swear it.”

“I want to oversee it,” she said, straightening herself before continuing, “I request to see the command center, Commander.”

The commander nodded, but he probably showed more signs of distaste than he suppressed. This certainly was a touchy situation. He waved over a pair of Stormtroopers with him and they led the way, another pair following in behind as Kyp caught up to Clare.

“It’s good to see you, Kyp.” Clare murmured, “I guess I have some explaining to do before we get to the command center…”

Tag: Kyp
Clare Velez First Previous Next Latest
Badim Soilding First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 01:43am    Post subject:

Kyp walked aside Clare in a manner suited for a body guard. He had his guard up since he had jumped into system. With his feet planted firmly on the ground it had only elevated his caution. "It's been a long time, mi lady," he said trying his best to address her as a diplomat. "I'm sure you managed to keep good company in your time away." Kyp looked back in the general direction of the Escrow. "Me....not so much."

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 01:54am    Post subject:

Clare flashed a small smirk to Kyp and made sure her voice stayed in her Kuati played accent and murmured tone. She remembered Mantell, Carratos, Atzerri and her encounters and brief travels with Morgan and Norrteth, “I have, in fact Zeth. But there are far too many pressing matters at hand to delve into it right now.”

The commander tilted his head behind him at the exchange, and Clare knew instantly she needed to react or else he’d get suspicious, “Forgive me, Commander. My bodyguards: Zeth Fost and Badim Soilding.”

They stayed mute, but the commander seemed to ease. This was still going to be difficult.

Tag: Alex
Clare Velez First Previous Next Latest
Badim Soilding First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 02:58am    Post subject:

"Tseneca!" Lucas spoke, his eyes brightening as she arrived. Sethe was behind her, and Lucas realized he was slightly... indecent. "Um. Can you.. give me a moment?" He pulled his shirt and pants on, trying to wipe away the grime and gore of the wampa as he rushed her. "I knew it would be you."

"Oh, Lucas." Her voice pitched as he squeezed her, then gently ran over her stomach. Lucas stopped, he noticed something, unlike before. "I can...sense it-the baby." He stared at her stomach for a while, it was a strange feeling. Just the faintest signal, but it was there. "Amazing." There was a sound, Rylii had cleared his throat, as he emerged from the inside of the wampa. He didn't seem to care, his full body emerging, completely in the nude. It was a more a statement, and Lucas could see why. "Oh, how awkward."

"Lucas." Tseneca's voice was a little stern, fused with worry.

"This is Rylii Kuat, we grew up together." The last name alone would explain his connection to their homeworld, it didn't require any further introduction. "And Rylii,"

"Riles." The Kuati blonde corrected, finishing the last button on his pants, before pulling a shirt and jacket over his body. "Are we going to get off this ice sheet, or play catch up?"

Tseneca crossed her arms, "Charming." Sethe approached, handing Lucas a thermal jacket, then tossed Rylii his, except with added force.

"Where's Jonas?!"

"Echo Base, with Clare and Badim. We believe Kyp landed right after we left. We saw his fighter."

Lucas pulled a mound of wampa hair from his neck and tossed it against the snow. "Did you just say, Clare?!"

Tseneca put her hand in his hair and ruffled it, "You have really missed a lot."

Lucas was taken back, and incredibly relieved. He was happy for Badim, seeing him go through all that pain and depression had really taken its toll on the crew. He would be sure to give her a hug, and Badim a handshake. "Any word on Anakin or Coral?"

"No." Sethe answered, bringing one of the taun tauns to a comforted stance. He was gentle with the creature and it responded in kind. What didn't he do perfect?

"Strange. I'm sure they landed within a mile of the base. We were the ones tossed off. Freak navigation accident, if you ask me." The thermal coat provided the needed warmth, he could feel his toes again. Tseneca hugged him spontaneously, and he could sense, without probing, they were both unsure how to really react to one another. Their last meeting had not been exactly pleasant.

Lucas eyed something moving in the corner, and realized he had forgotten about the Force-tricked wampa stomping towards them. It was harmless, but Tseneca hadn't known of the mind control and sent a wave of Force-energy towards him. In the process, the cave's entrance collapsed and mounds of snow created a barricade. "Tseneca!" Sethe managed to catch her, and it was then Lucas noticed she was actually badly wounded.

"What the hell happened to her?!"

"Mycah is what happened." Sethe growled, he was extremely protective. Lucas hesitated on his approach.

"Who?"

Rylii stood over, "I recognize her. She was in a holo. She's the new CEO of Bacta, isn't she?"

"Yes." Sethe snapped, "And we need to get her out of here. I do not like the Imperials, either. I don't trust them."

"Hey." Lucas corrected, "I'm an Imperial. Granted, not part of the shady military, but still. They'll listen to me. They might be putting on a show for the crew back at Echo, but they'll listen to member of Kuat Drive Yards."

"It doesn't matter. We need to get her out of her."

"I'm fine, really." Tseneca croaked. "Just surprised me, was all. I did just save your lives."

"Actually you didn't," Rylii pressed, "Lucas brainwashed it. Thanks to you, we just lost our guard dog."

"I really don't like your attitude." Sethe rose from his place, and Lucas stepped between them.

"Listen, I know tension spans are a little thin right now, but I can get us out of here. Luckily, the taun tauns survived. I don't like being on this world more than you do, so let's get the frak outta here." His mind shifted to Anakin. Anakin was at Echo Base, he was sure of it. And if the Imperials had told them they hadn't seen him, they were lying. "Sethe, you take Tseneca. I'll take Riles." Rylii opened his mouth, but Lucas shot back, "Shut it."

Lucas grabbed Tseneca's lightsaber, then his own, before activating them and sending them towards the wall of snow. Using the Force, he was able to quickly and efficiently craft a small exit, large enough for a single taun-taun to crouch through. "Sethe you first, then I'll send one of the tauns through."

Sethe hesitated, his fingers remained on Tseneca's shoulder a little too long, his intentions were clear, before he disappeared through the gap. Lucas used the Force to hold the exit open, but it was beginning to strain his energy. Rylii snapped the buttocks of one of the creatures, it rushed through the opening, where presumably, Sethe caught it on the otherside. Tseneca was next, she managed to walk, though looked as though she was ready to collapse. Then Rylii and the second tauntaun. Lucas took one last look at the mutilated wampa camp and ran through, the snow collapsing around him.

On the otherside, he Force-jumped onto the back of the waiting taun-taun, wrapping his arm around Rylii's chest. "YAW, YAW" Rylii snapped the reigns, and the chase for Echo Base began, with Sethe and Tseneca holding a slight lead...
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 03:06am    Post subject:

The makeshift diplomat ploy was actually working. While the Imperials played their part, Jonas was actually worried that Tseneca and Sethe were having difficulties tracking the distress call's signal. And if the speeders were to launch before they had a chance, who knows what could happen to them. Jonas dropped his pace, as to match with Kyp Durron. Clare had referred to him as a different name, an alias. "Mister Frost, I haven't had the pleasure to really speak with you. When was it last?" He said loudly, as though he were pondering, but really, he was trying to convey a message. "Since Ana's birthday ball? Kens?, perhaps." He used a Kuati accent to really enunciate the proper syllables. He wasn't sure if Kyp caught it or not, as they arrived at the command center. They were shown only a small portion, and that was the small tracking network, they were still deemed a security or intelligence threat, no doubt their names and identifications were being processed at the very moment. It was maybe a half an hour, before they were uncovered...
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 03:30am    Post subject:

Kyp disliked the deception and equally dislike the guard's eyes drilling into the back of his head. The longer they stayed, the more likely they would be caught. With their alliances blurred it could be a death sentence to be seen with him. It was no doubt that there may be growing consensus to turncoat for Zend's "Empire". He was sharing a military room with people who'd he gladly have killed many years ago.

What was worse is they were blatantly lying to the crew on the whereabouts of Anakin. Kyp had spent much of his Jedi life around the Solo's. Jaina was his apprentice. Though Anakin was the youngest of the liter he was not too far off from his old man. That presence was unmistakable. Despite sensing his presence from the moment he had seen Echo Base it meant nothing because he could not openly speak to the others and reveal his location.

"I believe I was present at both. Ana and Ken are good younglings, it's a shame they're kooked up in that box that we call the Jedi Temple." If Jonas was half as sharp as he believed him to be then he, Clare, and Badim would all get the picture.

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 11:48am    Post subject:

The Ice Wastes of Hoth

The TaunTauns bucked a little at the speed they were going, but however unnerved they were, the fact was, they had to move quickly to get out of the snow.

Tseneca was slumped against him, and he held her fast, along with the harness that kept the beast going. He slipped his hand beneath her hood. She was cold to the touch. But then, who wasn't.

Riles and Lucas bounded into his peripheral.

"Almost there." He heard Lucas say over the comm. He nodded and they kept riding.

Riles made him uncomfortable, and he could tell by the way Tseneca had tensed that she definitely didn't like the boy. It was too strange, the way he and Lucas were holed up like that. Where had the kid come from? It seemed Lucas had some explaining to do.

There. Echo base, dead ahead. They drove the taun tauns in, and were met by multiple Imps ready to take them to stable. Sethe felt Tseneca stir and mumble something. He handed her down to one of the guards before dismounting himself. Lucas and Riles did much the same, and he watched as they helped each other dismount.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 12:19pm    Post subject:

At the bequest of Clare, the speeder's headed for the command center were dispatched, with enough time to spare. The group had gathered in the observation deck above the hangar so Clare could "oversee" the operation. An underguardsman came in awkwardly, and whispered something in the Commander's ear. He turned white. Then red with rage.

"So." said the commander in a cavalier manner, turning to look at the motely group. "So, how should we go about doing this? Impersonating government officially under imperial command, and what, gaining restricted entry on classified grounds? I'll have you placed into custody until we can contact the proper higher ups..." He gestured and troopers came forward, guns at the ready. "You'll go quietly, of course. the alternative will not be to your liking." His voice dripped hate. The man did not like to be duped.

Tseneca could feel the weight of the situation, but If what Lucas told them was true, then Anakin and... Coral Callatros? really?... were being held in custody right beneath their very noses, It was time to step in. The question was whether diplomacy or good ol' fashioned gun-point would be a better option.

"Commander." Tseneca straightened coming out from where she had been leaning against the control tower console. She matched his calm demeanor. "It seems we've underestimated each other."

The silence was deafening. The commander stood tall over Tseneca, even while she carried herself higher. "So it would seem." She could smell his breath, he was leaning in so close. It was disgusting, smelled like undercooked meat.

"But." She continued. "Need I remind you that while she is not a true imperial world diplomat, I am. Of course you know, Lowry house Thyferra won't stand for the unlawful engagement of its people being held, without warrent, in imperial custody. If you'd like me to take that up with your superiors, I can certainly do so."

The commander turned pale again. God, if only he knew who she really was. The mother of a child whose father was a known deserter. Herself a veteran of the imperial navy...

"I... don't know what your talking about." He said.

"Oh, but I think you do. Also, your delay at hosting a rescue team for not one, but two members of Kuati nobility... a jedi apprentice I might add... does not win you any sort of neutrality in the situation. Would you like to weigh misdemeanors, because that can be arranged." At her full height, she was tall enough to reach his broad chest, but with her large eyes narrowed, and chin out, she knew he wouldn't be able to hold his ground.

He paused for a long time, staring her down. Then he snapped at one of his guards. "Release those in custody." He turned back at her, snarling. "Don't think i'll stand still for this."

She crossed her arms. "What, the amount of fights you have begun to pick aren't good enough? I would be happy to make a few calls."

He thrust his finger in her face, and then, enraged, turned and stormed from the room.

Her knees went weak as the adrenaline seeped from her body in on wave of exhaustion and supressed pain. Kyp, who had been closest, rushed to catch her.

"Well done." He said, voice rumbling. His eyes glittered with a kind of pride. She felt Sethe come over and pick her up, as if she were a child. Her embarassment was lessenec by the fact that she wasn't sure she could keep conscious any longer. She rested her head on his shoulder.

"lets just go..." She whispered. and drifted off.

Next post should be on the escrow. Lets get off this ice rock.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 01:14pm    Post subject:

Plot Continues Here:

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10514#10514
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, October 06th 2010 08:09pm    Post subject:

oops.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Hoth