Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
War Council
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » War Council
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dumoor ke Vereek
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, September 16th 2010 08:16pm    Post subject: War Council

Current Status: Checking Interest/Initial Planning Stages

The short version: Think of this as a military alternative to Alex's Diplomatic Conference of Cloud City Plot. The difference being that while that plot is intended for planets to consider where they stand in regards to Zend, this would be intended for people to get together and discuss "How do we kick Zend in the :evil: :evil: :evil: so hard that everyone who follows her will feel it?"

How it would work: With the victories at Muunilinst and Bilbringi by Zend's forces making it clear that the war is not going to be over quickly, the members of the Galactic Union decide to get together and find out how to win the war. Alternatively, if the Galactic Union is effectively defunct, those organizing it would invite the leaders and every leading military mind they can spare from he front of every major military power opposed to Zend (Republic, Remnant, Hapes, ect - also, the Jedi, even if they're technically with the republic and not a major 'military power') in order to discuss long-term military strategy and try to tell the people of the galaxy that they have things under control.

Who it's open to:
1) The leaders of governments opposed to Zend that are going to provide significant backing in the war against Zend, either in the form of their heads of state or special representatives authorized to speak on behalf of those heads of states (possibly a small mix of both)
2) Military leaders from those same places that can be spared from leading on the front lines to keep Zend from getting any more headway.
3) Anyone brave, crazy and/or stupid enough to try to sneak in for whatever purpose, keeping in mind that no one is going to take kindly to such activities.

Where it will be held:
Likely Corulag, the current GU capitol, though it could be held elsewhere if the GU isn't a factor anymore or they decide they need a more secure location.

What would (hopefully) be accomplished:
1) The members present would share intel they've gathered from fighting Zend thus far, come to an agreement on how to continue the war, and devise a means to coordinate future efforts and share future intelligence that will aid in the fight.
2) A Publicity/Propaganda "stunt" on the part of the leaders present, in an effort to show the citizens of the galaxy that they are serious about stopping Zend, that they are united in their fight against her, and that they have things under control.

----

So, does anyone think this plot would work and, if submitted and approved, would anyone have interest in participating?
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, September 16th 2010 11:27pm    Post subject:

Right now I have switched my motives of the diplomatic conference, and have formed a "Brotherhood" to assasinate Zend, and destroy the True Empire. With that or there, I would join.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 08:55am    Post subject:

Quote:
Where it will be held:
Likely Corulag, the current GU capitol, though it could be held elsewhere if the GU isn't a factor anymore or they decide they need a more secure location.

You guys really, really want a repeat of VII, don't you? :p

Interesting idea, though... but again, you still have the factional chauvinism to overcome. :\

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 07:53pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Quote:
Where it will be held:

You guys really, really want a repeat of VII, don't you? :p

Interesting idea, though... but again, you still have the factional chauvinism to overcome. :\

No, its the other way around, you guys seem to want a repeat with your storyline. :P

Mainly, because we the players don't know the ultimate fate of the Galactic Union which is in your guys' hands. Are you saying we have some matter of control in what happens to the Galactic Union? He is compensating for possible outcomes, he isn't saying that is what he wants to come to pass.

Nonetheless, if this comes to pass you shouldn't look at it like Potsdam, but as Yalta when world leaders came together to pledge their support against a common enemy. After the war, the Allies were more cohesive, you know?

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 08:29pm    Post subject:

Quote:
No, its the other way around, you guys seem to want a repeat with your storyline. :P

No, just saying... holding a meeting against Daara, on Corulag. Daara goes to Corulag. VII ensues. :p

Quote:
Mainly, because we the players don't know the ultimate fate of the Galactic Union which is in your guys' hands. Are you saying we have some matter of control in what happens to the Galactic Union? He is compensating for possible outcomes, he isn't saying that is what he wants to come to pass.

Honestly, I don't know. I know we have broad, general plans. But, I hesitate to discuss them. As you put it, don't want to spoil the surprises. :p

Also, on that subject... that's not a two way street, guys. Butters has learned this, and really, you all should: we might hold back plot twists and surprises so you guys can enjoy them as intended. Now, we might not if it becomes enough of an issue... up to the other three, really. I dunno, myself. However... when you run things by CMAC... details, spoilers, and twists need to be covered. Without exception. Or, as I said to Butters... "I'm an admin. Spoil me." ;)

I just felt like repeating that mildly epic phrase. :p

But yeah, I can't speak to the mind of the others. If our future plans aren't as secret as Masonic initiation rituals, they'll clear that up.

Quote:
Nonetheless, if this comes to pass you shouldn't look at it like Potsdam, but as Yalta when world leaders came together to pledge their support against a common enemy. After the war, the Allies were more cohesive, you know?

...Dude, what history do you read? Ever hear of the Cold War? :shock: Also, the timing is poor for a Yalta. Poland just fell, victory is for any side is entirely uncertain. And, at least speaking as the Imperial faction leader, I don't really see us reaching out feelers just yet. :?

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 08:44pm    Post subject:

I'm still game.
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 09:58pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
...Dude, what history do you read? Ever hear of the Cold War? :shock: Also, the timing is poor for a Yalta. Poland just fell, victory is for any side is entirely uncertain. And, at least speaking as the Imperial faction leader, I don't really see us reaching out feelers just yet. :?

Now I'm confused. I'm pretty sure the Cold War didn't take place till after Potsdam divided Europe (right?). Anyways, I thought Muunilnist was a fitting Poland, I feel uncertain about who is going to win right now. I thought the Union sort of already created the environment of cooperation? You don't need feelers. :P

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 10:24pm    Post subject:

Yes, but did Russia go to the UN over the Chechneyans? That's how the Empire views it: disgruntled former officer raising trouble. We'll take care of her on our end, and if the Republic wants to form a big, happy democratic coalition to beat her out of their territory... well, their time to waste and their blood to shed.

Political cooperation doesn't mean we're going to stick our necks out. :p

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » War Council
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: