Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Scepter of Ragnos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » The Scepter of Ragnos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 11:06pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
No, Palpy's final death is still final. :p

Ah, hamburgers. :p

Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 11:12pm    Post subject:

Badim Soilding wrote:
Hopefully Cray gets on and approves it :D

Ahem...

As much as we all love Cray, don't forget that there are 4 CMAC members. It has to pass a majority vote.
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 11:18pm    Post subject:

I know, I was bringing it to CMAC's attention as a whole by introducing it to him. Seemed like it would be less annoying than spamming all of you with identical PM summaries.

"Do svidonya, mothaf**ka."
-Moff's reaction to spambots.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 11:30pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Star Wars is about these kind of "super" weapons. Not saying this is one, but that creates the amount of fear and adventure we all fell in love with. The Death Star. Darth Vader, then finally, the Emperor. They were all villains in their own right, but it was always about the destroying the Death Star. :P (Here, it is the scepter!)

Which is great for movies, novels, and single player games. However, not very many RPGs allow players to have Death Stars, either. Or to find them. Or refurbish/refit/borrow/otherwise have control of them.

But, as Han said... it's up to her, Crazed, and Zara. I am but an interested player. :)

Quote:
I know, I was bringing it to CMAC's attention as a whole by introducing it to him. Seemed like it would be less annoying than spamming all of you with identical PM summaries.

Oh, immensely. Especially since they're always a pain about opening the—I MEAN--! :p

No, no. I kid. The real problem is getting all of us online together. But yeah, quadruplicate paperwork does tend to slow things down slightly. >_>

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 11:41pm    Post subject:

Han Solo wrote:
Badim Soilding wrote:
Hopefully Cray gets on and approves it :D

Ahem...

As much as we all love Cray, don't forget that there are 4 CMAC members. It has to pass a majority vote.

I believe he was referring to the fact that cray was not logged in at the time. You were posting and on IM. You know we love you just as much. :p
 Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 11:54pm    Post subject:

Hey all,

Firstly, I just want to say to Alex that the post about what CMAC should do came off as rather indigent. I'm not sure if you intended it to be that way, but it really felt like you were trying to retort Moff for speaking his mind on the manner. CMAC knows the amount of effort you guys put into the plots and we're very grateful for your dedication to the game; it's kind of insulting if somebody implies that we don't really seriously discuss these kind of plots. Please clarify next time. :D

Anyway, onto the plot. We think it sounds interesting. We do have a few concerns, however. One is about Luke: if Chukles wants to be involved with this plot, that's great; but until you talk to him, please don't assume that Luke will respond.

Also, the general policy that CMAC uses to judge a potential plot is "does it interfere with the main plot?" I'm grateful for Cheapy's explanation about the plot—it was very helpful—and I know that no one wants to upstage the game. But, CMAC thinks that seeding Dark Jedi on other worlds to undermine Republic (or any faction) rule is a bad idea. So, maybe just a couple Dark Jedi off-world can be used to draw the good guys' attention to the situation brewing near the UR—but no massive operations. Is that okay?

And, of course, like Cheapy said, at the end of the plot all the new FS users will lose their FS power and the scepter will be destroyed.

So, long story short, CMAC is okay with the plot as long as it stays within a few boundaries:

1. If you want Luke and the Jedi Order involved, please talk to Chukles first. If he doesn't like it, keep it contained to your characters.

2. Don't affect the outside galaxy. Aside from one or two Dark Jedi to alert the heroes to the situation, please don't make operations outside of the planet to interfere with the main plot or Daara's invasion. Basically, everything you do will be contained on that one planet and will not affect anybody but your characters. As you all know, it's currently moving slowly right now, so we really would like to keep it as uncomplicated as possible right now. :p Detaining the former-Dark Jedi afterward is okay, though.

3. As you've said, the scepter will be destroyed at the end of the plot and the affected people will go back to being non-FS. In the end, the plot won't affect anything happening in the galaxy as a whole.

Hopefully this all is okay for you guys. Usually we don't allow special weapons like this (although I wouldn't call it a superweapon), but I think we can trust you all enough to handle it. :p

Also, I just wanted to say sorry for being rather inactive recently. With school starting I've been swamped with all sorts of work. Brote, CMAC will be discussing your revised plot info tomorrow, so we should have an answer for you soon. :)

Thanks!
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, September 12th 2010 12:46am    Post subject:

Kastor Antilles wrote:
Firstly, I just want to say to Alex that the post about what CMAC should do came off as rather indigent. I'm not sure if you intended it to be that way, but it really felt like you were trying to retort Moff for speaking his mind on the manner. CMAC knows the amount of effort you guys put into the plots and we're very grateful for your dedication to the game; it's kind of insulting if somebody implies that we don't really seriously discuss these kind of plots. Please clarify next time. :D

I'm sorry you read my plot-encouragement this way. I have not directly or indirectly replied to anything that Moff has posted in this topic. I hope that clears that part of your message up.
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, September 12th 2010 12:11pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Anyway, onto the plot. We think it sounds interesting. We do have a few concerns, however. One is about Luke: if Chukles wants to be involved with this plot, that's great; but until you talk to him, please don't assume that Luke will respond.

Absolutely, I'll talk with him about it.

Quote:
Also, the general policy that CMAC uses to judge a potential plot is "does it interfere with the main plot?" I'm grateful for Cheapy's explanation about the plot—it was very helpful—and I know that no one wants to upstage the game. But, CMAC thinks that seeding Dark Jedi on other worlds to undermine Republic (or any faction) rule is a bad idea. So, maybe just a couple Dark Jedi off-world can be used to draw the good guys' attention to the situation brewing near the UR—but no massive operations. Is that okay?

Sure. One of the main reasons I came up with this plot was so that we could see some decent lightsaber duels; one of the staples of Star Wars. A few Dark Jedi sightings on the fringes of Republic space to draw the Jedi Order's attention, followed by a handful of investigative missions to said worlds. Some of those missions will come up empty, a few will come under attack from cultists, and one will end with Lucas being captured.

Actually, having only a few Dark Jedi show up could make this more interesting. It could lead to the Jedi underestimating the number of cultists at Lumiya’s disposal when they send the strike team to her stronghold.

Does this revision sound good?

Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Sun, September 12th 2010 01:15pm    Post subject:

Sounds great! :D
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, September 12th 2010 03:18pm    Post subject:

Awesome! I have some work to do at the moment, but in a few hours (No more than three or four) I'll comb the thread and post a more finalized version of the plot (If Chukles has responded by then to my PM, if not I'll wait for his thoughts before proceeding) just for clarity. Once all that is done, we can start hammering out the more specific details. :)

Looking forward to another great plot with y'all!

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 12:11pm    Post subject:

I know I'm a little late, but I have a bunch of neutral characters and two ships, and one Tseneca Lowry-Fink who likes to infringe on everyone's plots. If Lucas and Kyp are involved I'd like to be, can I come too?
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 01:48pm    Post subject:

Ooooooooookay. Having read through it (finally—it took several attempts as my attention tends to wander :p) here's what I think.

First of all, an engaging plot that I would love to participate in.

However, I personally think Luke's involvement will be rather limited. Especially if it only starts as a few Dark Jedi floating around. There are a ton of things going on in the galaxy that, at least at the surface, are more important for him to deal with personally. Don't THINK anyone wanted him at the actual fighting, but in case you did, I just don't see it really being a logical choice. However, I will gladly have him call together Jedi, assemble investigative teams, take reports, send orders.... whatever it is we feel he needs. :)

BUT.... this plot is absolutely perfect to kinda get Sean into some of the other player's attentions. I've not made a secret that I plan Sean to be an excellent duelist, and a relatively well known Jedi, so I figure that he would be welcome on a mission like this. Besides, he needs something that at least appears simple to get him back into the Order's doing, as I plan for him to do.... so, if that makes sense, I'd love Sean to be in if you will have him. :)

Think that's about all for now. Let me know if you have any thoughts or ideas. :)

"Your lightsaber will never fail you. Alcohol will always calm your nerves. And women..... well, they're just too good to go without." ~ Sean Tavell

Avi made graciously by Carn
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 02:33pm    Post subject:

@Jess: Absolutely, in fact I think it would work better if we had someone who knows Lucas on the strike team.

@Chuk: That's more or less what I figured Luke should do. :) He might be the one who suspects it's Lumiya, but he won't go charging off after her, not with the galaxy in the mess it is. He'd likely order an investigation and do the administrative work, assigning Jedi to different planets. And when lucas is captured and Luke senses his cry for help (He probably won't be the only one, Sara and Tseneca would probably feel it too) he would approve Kyle's proposal to send a rescue team instead of a warship to bombard the planet.

So now that we've got all the players assembled, let's start figuring out the roles! We'll need a number of 'official' Jedi (With the initiates tagging along, too) for the investigation teams that Luke will send, and then for Kyle's strike team we'll need two groups: The demo group that will fight their way through the temple and plant charges, and the group that goes with Kyle to confront Lumiya and rescue Lucas.

Sign-Ups:

Investigation Teams:
-Kyle

Strike Team:
Demolition Group:

Confrontation Group:
-Kyle

Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 03:03pm    Post subject:

I'll have Sara be in the confrontation group. And I think Lucas will just disappear with Lumiya, not get rescued or anything since Alex is planning on darksiding it for a good portion of the game from what I could understand. Plus it's going to lead to a more personal level with another duel between Lucas and Sara later on after something happens that I can't really expand on, and I might pull my own surprise during the duel.
Anyways, Lucas coming back to the Jedi (depending on the timeframe) is up to Alex. Alrighty :)

Investigation Teams:
-Kyle

Strike Team:
Demolition Group:

Confrontation Group:
-Kyle
-Sara
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 04:30pm    Post subject:

ESTABLISHED
Investigation Teams:
-Kyle

Strike Team:
Demolition Group:

Confrontation Group:
-Kyle
-Sara
-Adding Tseneca

Other Characters to Consider:
Player or Status in brackets

- [Kyp] Kyp Durron
-[Space Jawa] Dryas Quy'teff ???

They can be put on the Demolition Group, if no one volunteers:
- [PNPC] Anakin Solo
- [NPC] Isabel Pallanén-Davad
- [NPC] Damian Pallanén-Davad

Did I miss anyone? Just trying to give Cheapy some help here. :P

--- And on the other side of things ---

Dark Lady of the Sith Lumiya

Her Second: Lucas Pallanén-Davad

X Amount of Dark Side Adepts
We should probably get an approved number, so we can donate a portion to counter both the Strike and the Confrontation Groups

Planetary Location: Undetermined? Thoughts? Anyone have any suggestions, or Cheapy did you have a preference?

---

Random Things:

- The Scepter is on Commenor, a Core Planet, in a private collection of artifacts.

- Isabel and Damian do not need to be apart of this plot, but figured that his triplets would be involved somehow. IDK.
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 04:36pm    Post subject:

Lucas Pallanén-Davad wrote:
ESTABLISHED
Investigation Teams:
-Kyle

Strike Team:
Demolition Group:

Confrontation Group:
-Kyle
-Sara
-Adding Tseneca

Other Characters to Consider:
Player or Status in brackets

- [Kyp] Kyp Durron
-[Space Jawa] Dryas Quy'teff ???

They can be put on the Demolition Group, if no one volunteers:
- [PNPC] Anakin Solo
- [NPC] Isabel Pallanén-Davad
- [NPC] Damian Pallanén-Davad

Did I miss anyone? Just trying to give Cheapy some help here. :P

--- And on the other side of things ---

Dark Lady of the Sith Lumiya

Her Second: Lucas Pallanén-Davad

X Amount of Dark Side Adepts
We should probably get an approved number, so we can donate a portion to counter both the Strike and the Confrontation Groups

Planetary Location: Undetermined? Thoughts? Anyone have any suggestions, or Cheapy did you have a preference?

---

Random Things:

- The Scepter is on Commenor, a Core Planet, in a private collection of artifacts.

- Isabel and Damian do not need to be apart of this plot, but figured that his triplets would be involved somehow. IDK.

I figured the confrontation team would deal with Lumiya, Lucas, and maybe two or three of her top cultists (Closer to actual Jedi in terms of power) depending on how many people are on said team. The demo team would be facing most of the cultists. And Cray said we’re fine to have about twenty-thirty ‘weaksauce’ cultists as long as only a very small number of them ever leave the planet during the plot, and the rest are killed or deprived of their power at the end.

And as for a planet, I don’t have one in mind. You?

Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 04:58pm    Post subject:

If you guys don't come up with a planet by tonight I'll pitch in an idea if I can't find a canon planet we can use, then toss it off to Cray or something if we have to make a non-canon one.
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 05:18pm    Post subject:

Christophsis?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Christophsis
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 05:49pm    Post subject:

Nah, I think that's too well-known. It should be some long-lost planet, probably from the Ruusan Sith Wars. We could probably just make one up, I doubt Cray or the admins would have a problem with it unless we gave it a diamond-covered moon or something. :P

Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 06:12pm    Post subject:

hahaha

kk
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 11:40pm    Post subject:

Sean wouldn't be on the investigative team, and honestly the character is probably better geared for the confrontation team, so if you want him in, that's where he falls. :p

"Your lightsaber will never fail you. Alcohol will always calm your nerves. And women..... well, they're just too good to go without." ~ Sean Tavell

Avi made graciously by Carn
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, September 14th 2010 12:02am    Post subject:

Okay, so:

Quote:
Investigation Teams:
-Kyle

Strike Team:
Demolition Group:

Confrontation Group:
-Kyle
-Sara
-Sean

Having Sean and Sara on the confrontation team makes sense; one or two more volunteers and we'll close off that avenue and start filling the others.

Back to top »
Lumiya
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, September 14th 2010 12:49am    Post subject:

Tseneca will be on the Confrontation Team, probably with Anakin Solo.

Jonas and Alisson will be on the Demolition Group, since these are the minor cultist.
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, September 14th 2010 01:17am    Post subject:

I think we might be able to use Lehon (Rakata Prime), and I think it would be even less unknown since no one was really paying attention to it even at 1000 BBY, and with the Galactic Civil War and Clone Wars, I think it would have been even less interesting and might have dropped off the map.

Powerful in the Dark Side, dangerous to get to with the still floating debris field, and though Bane destroyed The Temple of The Ancients, it could be rebuilt like the Jedi Temple on Dantooine was in Kotor II and possibly even now.

Just a suggestion, and I'll keep searching if I find something even less known.

EDIT: Vjun is another possiblity, and though, personally I'd like to skip it since then it would be a complete rip of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, since that's one of the locations in the game. Still, another possibility.

EDIT EDIT: Thule is yet another possiblility.
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, September 14th 2010 02:28pm    Post subject:

Assuming we have the leaper back by then, Tseneca and Sethe can transport confrontation team to Planet X. With their force connection, Tseneca is already starting to sense issues with Lucas. She'll need to confront him eventually, he's her best friend.

Abbaji?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Abbaji
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » The Scepter of Ragnos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: