Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Scepter of Ragnos
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » The Scepter of Ragnos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 01:42am    Post subject: The Scepter of Ragnos

So while browsing Wookieepedia for plot hooks, I stumbled across the Disciples of Ragnos page and did some reading. After consulting the Holonet on Unity's history, I realized that due to Daala's prolonged war against the New Republic, the Ragnos Crisis never ocurred, which meant that Ragnos' Scepter was presumably never found. The last place it is mentioned before falling into Tavion's hands was a private collector's stash on Commenor, so concievably it could have been floating around for a while.

So here's my idea: The scepter was known to be able to store Force energy, and release it to empower others. What I'm proposing is that we have Lumiya (Or some other darksider, doesn't matter) learn of the scepter, track it down, and use it to create a small army of Dark Jedi in Wild Space. Other Jedi would learn of it and go to stop her. Following a series of missions in the Kathol Rift, the BBEG with the scepter would be confronted and would be killed or forced to flee, with the scepter being destroyed. No Ragnos resurrection, just some good old Jedi vs Dark Jedi battles to give the players something to do.

Thoughts? It's a rough idea I literally just thought of, but I thought it would be worth posting.

"Do svidonya, mothaf**ka."
-Moff's reaction to spambots.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 01:52am    Post subject:

I am on board with this idea, as Lumiya... if it gets approved! :D

EDIT: It would be a cool way to turn Lucas as well, so he'd probably be her test subject, before she stormed some kind of temple in the outer regions?
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 02:04am    Post subject:

Now that I think about it, this should probably take place on the edge of the Unknown Regions (Not near Zend's portion, though), it's more likely that a Sith temple would be lying around for Lumiya to discover.

So, Lumiya could use it as her base of operations while she creates her own Dark Jedi cult. The Jedi notice a sharp increase in Dark Jedi numbers (From almost none to dozens in a matter of weeks) and start investigating in a series of missions to find out what the cult's plan is (Not sure what that would be yet) before eventually tracing the cultists back to their base on Lumiya's temple.

And sometime during that period, Lucas could disappear while investigating the cultists, only to turn up later as a Dark Jedi... :twisted:

But before we get too excited, what would Lumiya's goal be? What would she want to use the Scepter for, besides making her own personal army?

Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 02:08am    Post subject:

Kyle Fenris wrote:
making her own personal army?

OF COURSE! :lol:

<_<

Well, what if she saw it as an opportunity to be all evil dark jedi sith like and potentially put her in a position to 'relieve' Zend of her post and put a Sith back in command of the Empire (like, you know, herself).
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 02:13am    Post subject:

When I was researching things to do after the Celeste Morne Search plot I came across the same page. I assumed Luke and his Jedi just took care of it since it was originally from the Jedi Academy storyline. Now that I'm reading it in detail it seems possible. It would give Vergere and Krath Cult something to do, finally, while I warm up for the Celeste Morne plot. I wish you luck with approval. Mainly, because the Muur Talisman (which creates Rakghouls out of people) is involved, it has taken forever to get the plot I have planned approved by CMAC. I'd pitch it to them as eliminating a potentially game breaking device (the scepter) in the long run if you want to get anywhere with it. I'd like to see what the Krath would do with something like this

BIG EDIT:

Kyle Fenris wrote:
Now that I think about it, this should probably take place on the edge of the Unknown Regions (Not near Zend's portion, though), it's more likely that a Sith temple would be lying around for Lumiya to discover.

So, Lumiya could use it as her base of operations while she creates her own Dark Jedi cult. The Jedi notice a sharp increase in Dark Jedi numbers (From almost none to dozens in a matter of weeks) and start investigating in a series of missions to find out what the cult's plan is (Not sure what that would be yet) before eventually tracing the cultists back to their base on Lumiya's temple.

And sometime during that period, Lucas could disappear while investigating the cultists, only to turn up later as a Dark Jedi... :twisted:

But before we get too excited, what would Lumiya's goal be? What would she want to use the Scepter for, besides making her own personal army?

Rule of Two. Basic with Lumiya. The Rule of One was created by Vergere's "master" Drath Krayt (If the admins ever look at my question about it...).

Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 02:46am    Post subject:

Lumiya believes in the Rule of Two, but these wouldn't be Sith.

Palpatine and Vader, for example, used other FS to do their bidding, but never made any of them official Sith Lords.

Lumiya would probably want to do two things:

1. Eliminate Skywalker (and his close relatives)

2. Replace Zend with herself as leader of the True Empire.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 03:03am    Post subject:

I'm all for this! Oh man I hope CMAC approves this. I mean, it should be okay as long as Ragnos doesn't come back to life like in JC:JA. Otherwise Lumiya would be dead from being posessed.

Oh man CMAC better approve of this, since this would be a cool plot for Sara to get into, depending on when it starts up. Actually, it might be better if she didn't go and find out Lucas turned dark side. Leave it as a surprise and he can pull a Jacen on them all for a long time before it's revealed.

Tag: Han, Zara, Cray
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 03:17am    Post subject:

Lumiya has been on Korriban for the last decade or so, so she would have spoken to the "spirits" about this.

I agree, absolutely no Ragnos. I don't think she'd want to bring him back any ways.
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 04:08am    Post subject:

I'd be more than willing to participate (if approved) in any capacity. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how this pans out.
Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 10:53am    Post subject:

Quote:
So while browsing Wookieepedia for plot hooks, I stumbled across the Disciples of Ragnos page and did some reading. After consulting the Holonet on Unity's history, I realized that due to Daala's prolonged war against the New Republic, the Ragnos Crisis never ocurred, which meant that Ragnos' Scepter was presumably never found. The last place it is mentioned before falling into Tavion's hands was a private collector's stash on Commenor, so concievably it could have been floating around for a while.

This is why Wookieepedia is evil. >_>

Also, I think we did do some planning to account for all the Force artifacts, superweapons, and other game-breaking plot devices that the heroes must hunt down and destroy in the unhappened-canon. :p

So, check with our Lore Master, the Almighty Ewok for details.

Not to say there's anything wrong with exploring the overridden canon, or with this idea in particular. But also bear in mind that there's a reason we pick particular divergence points. And honestly, if it were up to me, I'd be rather dubious on a magical staff that sprays Force Powers into people. Fortunately for you, I'm on break. Mm-hmm. *turns magazine page*

:p

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 12:36pm    Post subject:

Don't worry, we won't resurrect any dead Sith Lords. :P I was just wondering how we could get some Dark Jedi to fight, and since th Scepter can basically make minion versions of them for us to fight en masse I thought it'd be okay as long as we promised to have the Scepter be destroyed at the end of the plot. I'll run it by Cray. ;)

Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 02:16pm    Post subject:

Just sent a PM to Cray concerning the Scepter's use in the plot. Here's what I thought the basic look of it would be:

Quote:
1. Lumiya learns of the Scepter and discovers it in a private collection on some world, kills the owner, and steals it.

2. Using the same texts that allowed her to learn of the Scepter, she finds an abandoned Sith Temple on the border of the Unknown Regions (Away from Imperial Space) and establishes a base there, bringing a number of followers (Non-FS) with her. Using the Scepter's ability to store and release Force energy, plus the small nexus of Dark Side power in the temple, Lumiya begins empowering her followers with the Dark Side.

3. These reborn cultists begin undertaking missions on Lumiya's behest, undermining the New Republic's hold on border worlds and kidnapping more followers for her to corrupt and empower. Within a matter of weeks (This would be a long-term plot) she has a few dozen Dark Jedi at her command, along with a few "core" followers who are closer to real Jedi in terms of actual power and control. She decides it's time to strike at the Skywalkers, and her cultists start appearing on more Republic worlds to attract Luke's attention.

4. The Jedi convene to discuss what to do about this new threat. The Council agrees to send out teams of Jedi to try and uncover what the cultists are after (They are unaware that Luke is what Lumiya wants, or that Lumiya is even behind the activity). Lucas, Kyle, Kyp and a number of other Jedi are members of such teams. They encounter the cultists on a number of worlds and defeat them…but Lucas is captured and brought before Lumiya to be turned to the Dark Side. However, the Jedi can sense that he is still alive, and before he falls he calls out to them for help through the Force…which is what Lumiya wants him to do. Using this, Luke is able to determine the location of the cult’s stronghold (Still no idea Lumiya is behind it).

5. Kyle, Kyp, and a number of other Jedi form a strike team to rescue Lucas and put an end to the cult. They travel to the Sith planet and fight their way into the Temple, but are separated when part of the ancient structure collapses. Kyle and two Jedi go to find Lucas and the leader of the cult, while Kyp takes the rest of the Jedi to plant charges to destroy the Temple, as well as ensuring none of the Dark Jedi escape to restart the cult later. Kyle and his Jedi enter the throne room, where they find Lumiya, her chief lieutenant…and her new apprentice, Lucas. Cue lightsaber duel.

6. Kyp’s Jedi finish planting charges and make their way back out, but in their attempt to disarm them the cultists accidentally set off a number of them early, weakening the structure of the Temple and endangering those inside. Kyle and Lumiya continue to duel, while Lucas and the cultist lieutenant fight with the other Jedi. One of them (Don’t know who yet, probably one of Lucas’ friends) tries to appeal to Lucas to turn away from the Dark, but Lumiya’s grip on him is too strong for him to return that easily.

7. End result: Lumiya disengages from the duel with Kyle after he destroys the Scepter, Lucas either turns away from the Dark Side or remains with Lumiya, and everyone escapes as the temple collapses, killing most of the cultists. The rest lose their powers once the Scepter is destroyed and are rounded up by the strike team to be taken into Republic custody.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 02:28pm    Post subject:

Quote:
One of them (Don’t know who yet, probably one of Lucas’ friends) tries to appeal to Lucas to turn away from the Dark, but Lumiya’s grip on him is too strong for him to return that easily.

That can probably be Sara, but maybe it's best if their planned duel be later on. EDIT: Well, she might be fooled into thinking he's a lightsider again (Below), so maybe she can come after all. And Lumiya wouldn't want him to turn back to the Jedi from what I understand, nor does she want him killed. So maybe he plays that he's a lightsider again like Jacen in the books, fooling his friends and such before lashing out again or whatever to continue to a point Alex and I have planned. Since Alex said he wants Lucas to be a dark sider for a while during the game. Not like Kyle Katarn in that Mara Jade game where he goes to a Sith Temple, goes dark side, Mara shows up, turns Kyle back after dueling.

More like, Duel, dark side, pretend go back to the lightside, hang out with the leapers until they find out that he's still darkside, duel, darkside, duel, duel, duel all the way to a certain point in the game, maybe a mid-point or close to the end. Not sure.

Overall I think that works. Hopefully Cray gets on and approves it :D

Tag: Alex You did say you were going to have Lucas be a darksider for a while somewhere on the forums, plus Lumiya using him to attack The Solos/Skywalkers.
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 02:48pm    Post subject:

Call me crazy but I didn't like that whole deal with Jacen pretending to be "good". It just seemed really odd that he could hide in plain sight and no one especially people such as Luke, Mara, Kyp, etc. would just be absolutely clueless considering their own experiences with the dark side of the force.

Perhaps it's just me, but if he's (Lucas) going to go, it should be away from the Leaper. Staying there would play it off as though our characters are nitwits and can not see obvious signs or feel that presence.
Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 02:54pm    Post subject:

Agreed. I never read that series of books, so I only read the summary, but you make a point there.

Maybe he (and Jacen) pulled a Vergere, where she was able to make her presence super small in The Force so she could hang with the Force hating Vong.

But again, I think it's best if Lucas stays away from The Leaper and just does behind the scenes stuff for Lumiya. Leading to a few duels between our characters during our hunt for Lucas/Lumiya or whatever. Not sure, something to work out when I'm tired and getting ready for work :p
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 03:26pm    Post subject:

Let me break it down on my end:

Lumiya
- May have revealed herself to the Solo family, the "Capturing a Corellian" Plot is about to take off with some great surprises there. It depends how it goes, but I plan to protect Lumiya's identity. They (namely, Leia), might be able to sense and remember, but nothing official. Lumiya is pretty good at this by now.

Lucas
- Will not pretend to be "good" :P I hated Jacen and the whole plot they went with in the series, and I refuse to duplicate that here. I think it'll be more interesting to have the crew know what he is becoming, and just have them deal with it. If they kick him off the ship, that adds to his misery. If they try and help him, it might push him away. Once he gets into full contact with Lumiya, he'll leave and start leading his own minions on these unnamed assaults in the Outer Rim.
- He'll evolve to be a major player in Lumiya's game(s), and eventually be put up against the crew. (Example, Lucas versus Jonas, Lucas versus Sara, Lucas versus Tseneca, Lucas versus Durron, then ultimately, Lucas versus Bella and Damian)
- I plan to get his hands bloody and have to live with it after his "redemption". Like, how would the galaxy have treated Vader IF he survived?

I think CMAC should consider the amount of work already being put into this plot, and the kind of players participating. We aren't the same old VIII gang, and if we plan this enough, I think it will go very smoothly. There really isn't any reason to god mod and this is an interesting side story that FS-lovers can really enjoy. We are planning an epic story, and quite frankly, the fact that other players are excited about other characters (not their own) being involved shows some community and cross-reading, which should always be encouraged.

Star Wars is about these kind of "super" weapons. Not saying this is one, but that creates the amount of fear and adventure we all fell in love with. The Death Star. Darth Vader, then finally, the Emperor. They were all villains in their own right, but it was always about the destroying the Death Star. :P (Here, it is the scepter!)

I am very excited to play this plot (if it is approved!) we would finally have a large plot for A LOT of players to participate, and it can be broken down, so that it is not confusing and overwhelming. Cheers, best wishes in getting this approved!
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 03:33pm    Post subject:

Good breakdown on what you're plans for Lumiya and Lucas are, Alex. Clears up what was going through my head.
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 04:12pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I think CMAC should consider the amount of work already being put into this plot, and the kind of players participating. We aren't the same old VIII gang, and if we plan this enough, I think it will go very smoothly. There really isn't any reason to god mod and this is an interesting side story that FS-lovers can really enjoy. We are planning an epic story, and quite frankly, the fact that other players are excited about other characters (not their own) being involved shows some community and cross-reading, which should always be encouraged.

I agree wholeheartedly, and I also note that even if/when this gets approved we're still going to need to plan the hell out of this. :P

Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 04:31pm    Post subject:

Kyle Fenris wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly, and I also note that even if/when this gets approved we're still going to need to plan the hell out of this. :P

This is really exciting to see, I wish you luck and you'll need it. Its very similar to what I wanted to do with my Celeste Morne plot when I gauged interest three months ago. Like I said, you'll need the good luck. :P

Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 04:32pm    Post subject:

Kyle Fenris wrote:

Moreso depending on how much it might interact with the main plot.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 04:32pm    Post subject:

Dryas Quy'teff wrote:
EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread...

What is the main plot?! lol

EDIT: Weird... You must've got it right before I did. :P
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 04:34pm    Post subject:

Lucas Pallanén-Davad wrote:
Dryas Quy'teff wrote:
EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread...

EDIT: Weird... You must've got it right before I did. :P

Worse, I realized it IS the right thread and have since edited it back :P
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 04:52pm    Post subject:

Lucas Pallanén-Davad wrote:

Its a closely guarded secret and we are supposed to be surprised by whatever it is. We can only guess. I only know bits and pieces myself. I feel like a Sith will pop out from behind the curtain at some point.

Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 04:57pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I feel like a Sith will pop out from behind the curtain at some point.

I won't be surprised :p
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 10:29pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Its a closely guarded secret and we are supposed to be surprised by whatever it is. We can only guess. I only know bits and pieces myself. I feel like a Sith will pop out from behind the curtain at some point.

No, Palpy's final death is still final. :p

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » The Scepter of Ragnos
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: