Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Beggar's Canyon
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Tatooine » Beggar's Canyon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 01:29pm    Post subject: Beggar's Canyon

Beggar's Canyon: The Stone Needle

Beggar's Canyon was a massive canyon on the desert planet of Tatooine, formed by a junction of three rivers millennia ago when the planet had water and vegetation. It was home to the ferocious canyon krayt dragon, as well as the somewhat less dangerous womp rat. Beggar's Canyon is also known for the Stone Needle, an unusual rock formation that rose 18.2 meters from the canyon floor. Occasionally the Stone Needle figured into these races, since passing through or "threading" it could help a pilot shave off at least five seconds from his or her time. However, it was an incredibly risky thing to do and many pilots decided that their life was more important than a race.

Information gleaned from wookiepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Beggar%27s_Canyon because I was too lazy to type an explanation for something we all know about.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 01:36pm    Post subject:

Tracker
Part II: The Eye of The Needle

Following the trouble at the Devil's End, another message is recieved by the crew by Mycah, who is supposedly out in beggars canyon near the stone needle, along with the Blight Leaper. The group takes their chances, gearing up and heading to the outpost via speeder bike. The group is ambushed by desert raiders (biker gangs) and challenged by their head to thread the stone needle using scavanged T-16 and Runabouts (repulsorlift crafts) belonging to the outpost. In this case, its race for their lives and they soon find out that Mycah has rigged the course....

Parties Involved:

Crew of the Star Raptor
Daegon Selanno
Malbacca
Crew of the BlightLeaper (aboard Escrow)
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Sethe Bhren
Jonas Eisley

Mycah "The Myc" Lunn

PNPC: DustRustic Swoop Gang (names pending)
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 12:13am    Post subject:

The desert was just as it should have been... a desert. They'd used enough credits to outfit themselves with insulating moisture suits, good for keeping their body temperatures static in the extreme temperatures. there were masks for breathability, should the sand pick up, and water reserves for three days of travel.

Tseneca didn't expect it to take that long. Beggars canyon was a day past Anchorage, a few hundred kilometers east of the Western Dune Sea which, she calculated, would count for a 12 hour travel time there and back. Were they to run out of supplies, they wouldn't be far from Tocshe station, where they could get the help they needed. Not that they would need it.

They set out midday on swoops, all of them accounted for, Badim and Clare included. She twisted her knuckles against the handles of the bike, feeling it accelerate over the sand. Say what you would about bike travel, it was fun. She smiled and used a spare hand to adjust her goggles. The wind whipped past, tiny grains of sand baring against her face. She wanted to pull her mask up, but thought better of it, spitting instead.

Jonas pulled up alongside her, revving the motor on his bike. He bumped her playfully, she caught his eye. He wanted to race. She gunned it, speeding ahead of him along one of the dune walls that lined the canal they traveled in. This had once, so many years before, been a wide, deep river. As was beggars canyon, a veritable mess of watery canals. now it lay waste, hot and desolate.

She looped around Jonas, kicking dust up and onto his swoop, hoping to detain him. She could see him grinning, leaning forward, trying to pass her up. She held fast, but not before Sethe caught up. She looked at the other man, his blue eyes shone silver against the harsh sunlight. His brow was furrowed. He pointed to the gas casket on the side of her bike. He was right... she should conserve fuel. So much for fun.

She and Jonas slowed down to nominal speeds, Jonas looked dissapointed. He was still such a kid, she thought. Still brackish enough to crave the action.

They traveled for what seemed like hundreds of kilometers West. The twin suns traveled the sky slowly, but steadily, and by the time they reached the rim of the dune wall, Tseneca knew they had to stop for the night. There, an edye against the wall. It would keep the wind off of them, enough that they could set up camp. She caught Sethe's eye and nodded. He raised his hand and gave them the signal to stop.

With their bikes docked up, they dismounted. Tseneca peeled the skull cap hood off of herself, shaking her hair out, and dusted the sand off her body.

"No use in that." Daegon chuckled. "We'll get out fair share of nasty bits by morning, no doubt."

"Doesn't mean we should give it a head start." Tseneca grinned back at him. She felt invigorated by the ride. she looked to Sethe who was pulling gear off the back of his bike. He was scowling. She sighed, wishing he'd get the same "little things" feeling she did out of this. She shrugged when he handed her a shelter set up. "Lighten up." She said. "Suns are down."

"Yeah." he growled. "That means it gets cold."

now who was grouchy, she thought and began pitching.
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 12:32am    Post subject:

The ride through the Dune Sea had been almost therapeutic for Daegon. As the sand had whipped past his face he’d remembered the days when he had earned a living racing swoops on Nar Shaddaa. It had been a short-lived job, but it had paid well enough for him and Amara to make ends meet. Story of our lives, he thought as the group slowed to a stop on a featureless stretch of flat ground. Tatooine’s twin suns were dipping below the horizon, and as the wind whipped at his hair Daegon brought his swoop around to a halt.

Everyone else tied their bikes off to stakes that they had shoved into the ground, and as he began unpacking the tent stored on the back of his bike Daegon noticed Tseneca fruitlessly trying to brush sand out of her clothes. “No use in that,” he called to her, unraveling a folded tarp and flapping it open to lay out. “We'll get out fair share of nasty bits by morning, no doubt.”

Tseneca grinned at him. “Doesn’t mean we should give it a head start.”

He smirked and turned back to the tent. He and Mal managed to get the dwelling set up within a few minutes, after which they moved to help the others with their own tents. Mal trudged over to help Tseneca and Sethe with theirs…while Daegon sidled up next to Badim, who was busying himself with hammering stakes in the ground for his and Clare’s tent. “So,” he said, keeping his voice to a low murmur. “You’ve seen Amara?”

Badim glanced up in surprise; apparently, he hadn’t heard Daegon approach over the wind. “Yeah, on Rhen Var,” he replied. He glanced back at his work, but continued speaking. “My ship crash landed on the surface a while ago. Luckily for me and my crew, there was some kind of Jedi dig site nearby, and a group of them found me half-dead in the snow. They patched us up back at their camp, and while I was recovering I met Amara.” He shoved the final stake into the dirt and dusted his hands off on his knees. “We talked for a bit. We both found out that we were from Nar Shaddaa, so most of our conversations revolved around the Vertical City.”

“Huh,” Daegon said. “Say, you didn’t by any chance see a particular Jedi at their camp, did you? Fir-skinned fellow, brown hair, calls himself a doctor?”

Badim glanced up in surprise. “Jedi Starskimmer? Yeah, he was the one who found me. You know him?”

Daegon shrugged and started unfolding the tarp for Badim’s tent. “No, not really.” What the hell is Starskimmer playing at, he thought, bringing Amy to Rhen frakking Var?

Tag: Orrion Carn, Jess, Alex
Looking For Work First Previous Next Latest

"I applaud your efforts. And now that you've insulted me, called me a heretic, threatened to burn me and questioned my gender, I'm completely on board." - Jess
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 01:35am    Post subject:

The tent was up in no time. A sandcrawler moved in the distance, it was awesome to actually see the Jawas move across the sunset, their nomadic lifestyle of trade was legendary in Hutt Space. Jonas laid the heat logs out, it was safer than starting a fire, especially with Tuskens or the wild animals which roamed the night. Fire was known to attract them, not keep them at bay. Jonas removed the face mask, the air was cooler without the sun's heat, but the sand was still uncomfortable. It got everywhere.

Badim and Clare were snuggling, the sight made him internally cringe. It was lonely out here, the group was much smaller without Lucas, and the boy's offhanded and usually comedic attempts made the time pass much more quickly. He gave Tseneca a smirk, and Sethe a playful heads-up. The night skyline was interesting, not as glittered as Felucia, but not as dull as Coruscant or Nar Shadda. "So.." Jonas started, knowing no one was really ready to fall asleep, "Time to get to know one another, I suppose." The heat logs were just coming on to compensate for the rapid dropping temperatures, perfect for storytelling.

"What's the single most terrifying experience you've had? Selanno? Malbacca? Clare? Sethe? Tseneca? Badim?" He said each of their names, making sure they were still alive, despite the darkness that surrounded them.

Jonas knew he had them trumped no matter what he could say, but surviving the Sarlacc allowed him some bragging rights. He had a feeling Badim would say some thing about "losing Clare forever" or some other kind of poetic lovey-dovey message.

Tag: Jess, Cheapy, Orrion Carn
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 02:25am    Post subject:

Badim looked around, people were recalling their events, but piecing them together first before speaking. Badim already had his set and leaned in. Clare placed a hand on his back, considering maybe his experience on Coruscant with her. It was true yes, but there was another he was going to bring up. He grabbed a twig from the ground and curiously poked the flames as the memory came back to him. Badim tossed the twig into the fire and heard it crackle. Placing his hands and coupling his chin, he began.

“Easily it would be thinking I lost Clare forever,” everyone began to dismiss it as they turned back to their own thoughts, “But since that isn’t really relevant anymore, it would be The Kashyyyk Shadowlands, a month ago.

“I was trekking through the forest, searching for Sara who I was told was down there. I had had nightmares or premonitions of the dark forest a few nights earlier, and they were enough to make me wake up with sweat drenching my body. I began to trek, the wookiees leaving me on my quest to finally return Sara’s locket to her.

He closed his eyes so he could recall it more vividly, “I heard a sound behind me, and turned to see a stupid Tach bounce out and scare the shit out of me before bouncing back into the brush.”

The others began to laugh, taking it as an adrenaline filled fear that made him only jump. Nothing noteworthy of course, until Badim continued, “I turned to continue searching when I found a log of flesh throw me thirty meters, easily, into one of the large wroshyr. The last thing I saw was a lumbering beast approaching me before I blacked out.”

The others leaned in, obviously interested now.
“I opened my eyes as I was being dragged on the course ground of a cave, feeling my vibrosword sliding out of it’s sleeve and away from my reach. I looked up at the clawed hand that was dragging me, up the length of it’s spiked arms and to the mouth of teeth that looked like it was from a Neku. And Tseneca,” he turned, “You should take note of this, since Terentateks devoured Force Users.”

She raised a brow at him, “Wait-wait-wait. Are you telling me you’re…?”

Badim laughed and swung his body straight, “I’m an assassin. Not a Jedi, Fink. It was bored, from what Diann, AKA Sara told me later, and was looking to just tear me to shreds.”

“It stopped dragging me and I got a better look at it through the bioluminescent moss in the cave. I think I remember pissing myself, not sure. I was close to death, and it didn’t move. Only staring at me even as I stood and slowly backed out. It was toying with me. I got behind a corner and felt my throbbing arm, letting out a scream as I found out I had sprained it and it was bent the wrong way. Easily fixed though back at Rwookrrorro. The stalagmite I was behind exploded as the ‘Tatek’s fist broke it clean in half. I ran back outside, the ‘Tatek in chase.”

Clare was deeply interested. He hadn’t told this to her when he returned from the Shadowlands, and she had always seemed to wonder what happened down there.
“I found my sword, just as the beast picked me up over it’s head and was prepared to drop me in it’s maw. I sliced, barely, into it’s arm and dropped me to the ground. My arm relocated itself as it hit the ground, painfully, and the Terentatek was coming back for more, and my sword was far out of reach by now.”

“Then Sara—Diann at the time—began to fire at it just enough to get it to stagger back to grab me and get the hell out of there. That was that experience. The other one would be me accepting death on Rhen Var. I had survived the crash of my ship The Killer’s Fate and was crawling on my open stomach through the snow. When it all went dark, then white, I accepted death. But the fear of having endangered my friends, Sara and Clare in the escape pod, kept me alive. Long enough for Jedi Starskimmer, Amara Selanno and the other Jedi to get to us.”

Sara. He looked around. The thought suddenly coming back to him. Clare was repeating the same motion, and beat him to the question, “Where is Sara? She isn’t…?”

Tag: Alex, Jess, Cheapy
Badim Soilding First Previous Next Latest
Clare Velez First Previous Next Latest

Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 11:59am    Post subject:

Tseneca waved her hand in dismissal. "She's fine. Had a bit of a start when doors started closing on their own. She's got force abilities, turns out, so she took off to test her fate."

Badim and clare visibly relaxed. It was clear they cared about their friend and wanted the best for her. She piped up again. "If Lucas was here he could tell you about the rancor pit I fell into back at Oxanna Cantina on corellia. Had to mount the thing and manually engage its restraining collar. All that while a massive coup was being held upstairs. Its how we met." She thought of Lucas and her voice fell a little.

"Miss him?" Sethe asked.

"We had a bit of a disagreement before we left Corouscant."

She didn't need to give him any details, or tell him of the bad feelings she's been having about the younger man as of late. It seemed since their talk their connection had been strained. He'd always felt so close, even when they were lightyears apart. But now... well she couldn't raise him if she tried. She kept this to herself.

"I'm sure it will be fine." He put a hand on her back. She shivered slightly at the touch, and shrugged him off gently.

"What about you?" She looked at Deagon. "any raucous adventures you'd like to share with the group?"
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 02:47pm    Post subject:

Daegon glanced up from where he had been tending the fire with a length of synth-wood. "Beg pardon?" he asked.

"I said, have you got any stories to share?" Tseneca repeated. "While we're killing time, we might as well get to know each other."

Daegon gave Mal a hooded glance, but the Wookiee was busying himself by sharpening one of his ryyk blades on a flat rock he'd found. He sighed and leaned back on his elbows, staring into the fire. “Not really,” he admitted. “Me and Mal, we’ve been out of the world for a spell since Iego. Running cargo for a few people, till we tumbled to a Trannie by the name of Flax.” His eyes narrowed. “’Course, that didn’t turn out as well as we’d hoped.”

“What happened?” Badim said. He and Clare were seated side by side on the other side of the fire, with the latter leaning into Badim’s arms. Both of them had expressions of earnest interest on their faces, but even so Daegon hesitated. “He tried to double-cross me,” he said, choosing his words carefully. “Like I said before, he wanted the cargo I was bringing to him and my ship. One’s been denied to him…and I’m lookin’ to get the other back.” He looked into everyone’s eyes one by one as casually as he could, trying to gauge whether or not they knew he was holding something back. Best not mention the bounty yet, he thought to himself. Not until I know more about them.

Tag: Jess, Alex, Orrion Carn

"I applaud your efforts. And now that you've insulted me, called me a heretic, threatened to burn me and questioned my gender, I'm completely on board." - Jess
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 04:49pm    Post subject:

The stars were fun to trace, while the others talked. Jonas would add his bits here and there, but the back and forth conversation of Tseneca and Selanno had been much more interesting than anything he could provide. They shared a good laugh, and even a few thought-provokers before the night went still. Jonas wrapped the thermal blankets around him, knowing that if he did not wake by either sunrise, he'd be cooked-to-death. He wondered how the wookiee was sporting in the heat, the fur must've made it one of the worst experiences.

His thoughts shifted to the galactic side of things, and the bigger picture they seemed to avoid talking about. Having an Imperial Grand Admiral return was terrifying, if one really thought about it. These were the types to build Death Stars, supporting the slag of entire systems. Destruction on a massive scale would follow in her wake. There was no doubt about it. And where did they all fall into it? The Blight Leaper could pick the wrong planet, and suddenly, fall under an invasion. Or Lucas could be assigned on the otherside of the galaxy with Anakin Solo, doing gods know what.

Jonas churned at the thought. It was life, and he was going to have face the reality of it someday, just not tonight. Tatooine wasn't so bad... it was Zend free, and he had some of his closest friends here. He took a deep sigh, the cold air filling his lungs, before he expelled it back into the night. The ground began to vibrate, but only slightly, and in the distance a magnificent roar. It was too far away to suggest danger, but imagination played with his mind for a while, before the eyelids clamped down for the last time of the night...
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 09:39pm    Post subject:

The heatsticks had dulled, and the night had reached its blackest, driving everyone to their prospective tents. Only tseneca, sethe and a sleeping jonas remained. Tseneca pulled a silvery insulating blanket over the younger man, face included, to keep out the sand and the chill.

"Do you think we should wake him?" Sethe was picking at the sticks, moving them to allow for more warmth. His prior mood had settled down with the evenings reverie. Even Tseneca felt more relaxed.

She shook her head and tucked the edges of the blanket under Jonas. "No, we'll let him sleep for a while. I was going to sleep out anyway." In a way she envied Mal for his thick fur coat, but the suit she and the others wore would keep them warm enough. How could a place so hot in the day become so cold at night?

She watched as Sethe unpacked a trip wire and began winding it around the campsite. It was primitive, but it would alert them if anything intruded. "Don't you ever sleep?" She said, joking softly.

He smiled, his old smile, from before the whole Mycah thing started. It made her more at ease. "When I need it." he responded, finished his work and settled down by her, pulling the warm end of one of the sticks toward them with a riding hook.

"Whats going on with Lucas, then." His question was not out of the blue, but a continuation from a few hours before.

She sighed, watching her breath collect externally before dissapearing into night air. "It complicated. Back on Naboo, something happened. He fell into a strange kind of... I dont know, solemnity. I wish you knew him better, then you'd know how he really is. So, child like at times, so positive. But thats changed..."

"Are you sure your not being putting too much on him? he's still so young, maybe its just a growth thing."

She shook her head. "I can't explain it. With Lucas, things are so easy because of the way we connect, through the force, through what we've been through, all of it. But now... there's something there, a wall. Something missing."

"You shouldn't worry so much about it, he might just be going through a phase."

She looked at the glow of the heatstick, postulating. "He's mad at me, you know. He thinks i'm spending too much time with you, that I'm being... unfaithful to Emmett's memory."

Sethe was looking away, so when she studied him, she could only make out the contemplation in his eyes through his stark profile.

"Is that what you think?" He said. His voice was tense, caught a little in his throat.

She paused a moment. "No." she answered truthfully, and hugged her kneese toward herself. "Just the opposite."

He nodded slowly, and she could see him take his breaths, deliberately, earnestly. After a moment he spoke, not looking at her. "There's nothing saying you have to do this alone, Tseneca."

The baby, he meant the baby. So, what? there was nothing saying her child had to grow up childless? There was nothing saying the two of them could pick up and start a family? There was a vision she'd had twenty years ago, of a home in the country, on a planet not unlike Thyferra, only that image had Emmett's face in it, smiling, laughing. How could she amend that vision so much, even now. She felt her heart constrict at the thought. Some things, even things left unsaid but not unknown, were better left unremedied.

"I... can't talk about this." She whispered, and the night seemed to absorb her words. She couldn't look at him, crouched beside her in the dark, dim light.

Another pause, then, another nod.

They sat in silence until the light wore out. Not an awkward silence, but an understanding one, neither wanting or intending to broach the subject again, but both knowing it would happen eventually. Two hours before dawn broke both were fast asleep on the sand, back to back, remenents of the long night gone with the early glow of twin suns.
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, September 16th 2010 04:10am    Post subject:

Clare rubbed her eyes and looked at Badim, fast asleep in their tent. A sleeping bags or thermal blankets weren’t recommended for Tatooine, she knew this all too well. You’d end up sweating as soon as the sun broke the horizon. Even with her fatigue from barfing every once and a while, and just plain exhaustion despite her having been fully rested on Nar Shaddaa and the ride over to Tatooine. Things just didn’t add up for her right now. She carefully climbed out of the tent to not disturb Badim, grabbing a blaster --Just in case-- and out into the cool, yet warming morning of Tatooine, the only part she liked about the planet. Her DH-23, probably still on The Leaper since her ’death’, would constantly jam and have to be cleaned from just sitting still, in a box even.

She saw the dwindled coals of the camping fire they had set up hours earlier, Sethe and Tseneca back to back on the ground as they slept. The twin suns of Tatoo 1 and Tatoo 2 slowly poking their surfaces across the horizon as they awoke. She let out a quiet yawn and made for a small switchback path leading to a flat looking over the camp and the surrounding area, stepping over the crude detection system someone on the night watch had set up, either Tseneca, Sethe or Jonas.
Clare felt a sudden pain in her stomach and groaned. With all the vomiting she had been doing, she should have brought something from the camp to eat. Too late now, she was at the top of the plateau.

She gripped her blaster and aimed down it’s sights into the open area leading into Beggar’s Canyon. Something didn’t feel right about today, or maybe it was just her stomach, hard to tell. She glanced downwards, easily a hundred feet up from the camp below, and she almost jumped off too if it weren’t for Badim behind him holding her. Even if the palm of his gentle hand was pressed against her back, in retaliation to the game she had started between the assassins.
As her arms flailed in what she thought was an attack and being hopelessly flung off the cliff edge, Badim’s arms wrapped around her and pulled her away from the edge just a little more, to the point where her feet were just over the edge, but the rest of her body were safely away from the dropoff. Clare slapped Badim hard in the chest, then wrapped her arms around him and squeezed like her life depended on it, purposely pinching his shoulder’s with her nails to give him the idea to not do that again.
“Okay-OUCH!” Badim exclaimed mutedly, “I did catch you, you know.”
Clare slapped him again, in the spot where her nails had dug in to increase the pain, “Who started it? Hm?”
“You did, on Shaddaa,” He rubbed his shoulder, then hers, “Sorry, bad joke.” He shrugged, looking out into the sunrise with her in his arms.

Clare hadn’t turned to the sunrise yet, and Badim just turned away from it to her. She saw his eyes glance down like lightning to her lips, and she knew as she repeated the action to his.
“I can’t wait long enough to do this in twelve hours…” Badim said. Leaning in as she did the same.

“Do what?” she smirked before their eyes closed shut.

“This.” He placed both hands on sides of her head and pulled her in, and she was in heaven.

The sun sent a glare at them after they had finished their kiss, bathing them in the building heat of the binary star system.
“So Sara’s a Jedi now, huh?” Clare asked rhetorically, “Won’t be slapping her after finding that bit of information out.”
Badim laughed, “Just hope she doesn’t get herself in trouble with her new powers, and we should try getting in contact with her if possible, since she did take you’re ‘death‘ just as hard as everyone here did,” he paused in reminiscence, “Far less than what I felt though.”

“I’m back, Anesho.” Clare replied, using his true name to get his attention, “What you felt wasn’t real, and it never was. Because I was never dead.”

Badim smiled and held her close, “It was at the time,” he gave a grin, and Clare felt queasy again, “That’s why I like having you around. You can stab me in the back. You can become the love of my life. You can disappear for a two weeks and come back like nothing happened. But you always make me be me when I’m with you.”

Clare couldn’t hold it in, and whirled her head away from Badim and vomited, again, on the ground next to her. It was brief, coming back quickly as she wiped the excess barf off her sleeve and looked back at Badim with a bewildered, jesting look on his face. “Was it something I said?”

Clare began to stand with Badim’s help as he giggled, “Let’s get back to camp. The other’s will be awake soon. And you need to work on you’re poetry, if I could call it that.”

Badim extended his arms and smiled, “I’m an assassin. Not a poet.”

Tag: Jess, Alex, Cheapy
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, September 16th 2010 02:12pm    Post subject:

Sethe was up long before Clare and Badim came down from the the top of the dune plateau. He was coiling the trip wire, winding it around his closed fist and elbow, trying not to wake both Tseneca and Jonas who lay in a nearly dead sleep surrounding the long dead heat sticks.

He was trying not to think about the conversation they'd had last night. He shouldn't have said anything, to be honest. The look on her face...

How could he even suggest to help her raise Emmett's baby? Did he have no shame whatsoever? How long had his friend been dead? less than a month? Did he think he owed it to him?

The sun was coming over the ridge, Bearing down hot already. Sethe shook his hair out of his eyes. There was nothing in him that told him his feelings for Tseneca were anything more than attraction. Both of them weren't getting any younger either....

"Relatively easy night." Badim said. He and Clare had come back into camp. Seth could see Jonas starting to stir, lean over and shake Tseneca awake as well. It was time they got a move on.

"Good thing too." Sethe answered and shoved the bundled wire into a saddlebag. Malbacca and Daegon emerged from their tents and started dismantling the makeshift shelters.

"anything to eat?" Tseneca had risen, went to digging in her own bags. She looked over at Sethe and gave him a smile... in some way beseeching him not to be angry at her, to not worry about the night before. He felt relieved, smiled back.

"Salted jerky." Jonas tossed her a package, and she made a face, taking one anyway.

"How far's the canyon." Jonas asked.

"We could just make out the ridges over the bluff." Clare pointed west. "I'd say only a few hour journey, we'll make it by mid morning if we start soon."

Tseneca paused mid chew, and cocked her head to the side. "Did you hear that?" she asked.

Sethe strained to listen. nothing. "Wind?" he asked.

He watched her eyes flutter shut, reaching out with the force. "No..." They snapped open suddenly/ she dropped the pack of food into her bag and wiped her hands on the legs of her suit. "Repulsor craft."

Sure enough, there was a sound, the buzz-hum of rupulsor engines.

Swoops.

thats the RusticDust riders coming over the dunes. You guys have to help me because other then having Daegon make a deal with them to race, I have nothing. It might be cool if you name them, have them be PNPC characters, might make it more interesting. Other than that, this should be interesting
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 04:57am    Post subject:

Swoops.

Six, maybe seven of them were racing towards their location. "I have a bad feeling about this..." Jonas said, any that weren't paying attention, caught his stare towards the arriving speeder gang. The colors and the gleam of large weapons set them in a small panic. Jonas reached for his weapon, but they were already on-top of them. A sharp hiss, a bantha prod had snapped next to his ear, but it wasn't as bad as watching Badim, probably one of the strongest men Jonas had ever met, take one near the spinal cord.

It wasn't lethal, but the man dropped to his knees, and the sounds which escaped his breath, sounded very expletive. Sethe was around Tseneca faster than anything Jonas had seen, and the wookiee had never been louder. In fact, up to this point, Jonas had regarded him as a lovable-fluffy catlike friend, but the barred teeth and roar was equally as terrifying as the swoop gang circling them. By now, the sand had created a small whirl, kicking up as high as their knees. Selanno was doing something, but by the time the bantha prod connected with his left thigh, he fell silent. Sethe forced Tseneca down, and together, the group submitted.

"Great." Jonas breathed, raising his hands closer to his head. He knew they were thugs, but these were members of the RusticDust Riders. They were legendary in the Outer Rim, and you never wanted to be caught up in their business. Gamblers, but sharks. They never took a stake they didn't have a sure bet in.

Badim's body wedged between Clare and the gangster's group. Some had dismounted, while others circled with blasters and prods at the ready. It was probably the average boring day, just out to prove themselves. Gallivanting on the dunes, looking for poor souls to torment, the only way to restore their pride after a night's binge drinking.

"Mornin'," the over six-foot man approached, his voice was gruff and dark, sending chills down his spine. It reminded him of a serial killer in the holo-film Strangler of Bastion. Muscle, but not defined, probably artificially enhanced. His belly had been morphed several times over the belt, but not so that it would compromise his ability to hold his own in a cantina brawl. Selanno recovered from the prod, he tossed Malbacca a look, and Jonas watched their eyes travel. He wasn't sure what they were planning, but he needed to take any kind of attention, some kind of diversion.

"What do you want?" Jonas spoke, it might've sounded soft, compared to the harsh growl of the repulsor engines. The man approached, he wasn't as alien as Jonas originally thought, in fact, he looked mostly human, except with several strange tentacles at his neckline.

"Outspoken, eh lad? You seem to have left them manners at the space port." The man's fingers pinched his cheek, before slapping his face in a playful, yet totally demeaning manner. "You might be more Buck's type." A repulsive man gave a whistle, smacked his lips, and suggestively cocked his blaster. "By the grace of the sweet angels, you're more my type, sweet cheeks." He pointed at Clare, "Something about it, damn.. just can't put my finger on it."

That was a bad move, and the emotion was vivid on Badim's face. Don't say anything...they want to be provoked...

The man tauntingly laughed, but tried for the wookiee instead. "Now, what are a bunch of humans doing so far from a space port? Hmm? I see you brought a dog, but there aint nothin' of interest in these parts. Unless you fancy a tusken bed?" His eyes had migrated to Tseneca, and generously took time analyzing Sethe's devoted stance, "We can arrange that, you'd like that, wouldn't you doll?" He paused, Sethe didn't react, it must've taken everything he had,"Roll around with a few sandpeople? Hmm? You look like you could just lay there all day, all night. You'd enjoy that."

If there was a time to blast the Force all over, and just kill them, it was now. Jonas thought. But that type of control was rare, and even then, it couldn't promise the amount of weapons trained on them would be lowered. No, we have to play this right, or we are all dead. They thrive on these moments. Their adrenaline was probably rocket high, just waiting for the go-ahead - And where the hell was H6?!.

Jonas cleared his throat, but it wasn't him that was the next to speak...
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 06:00am    Post subject:

Badim’s fingers twitched. He wanted to drive his wrist blades into the man’s chest repeatedly until he turned to Kuati Cheese. Then deal the same fate to the others in his gang. But he controlled the anxious movement. Clare kept her expression blank and cold, as with everyone else. Badim was just a little colder. Clare held her expression even as the man waved the barrel in front of Badim’s deviant and unmoving face. The pain in his neck had subsided, but began to throb. He suddenly felt sorry for the Bantha’s that had to be moved with such herding devices, but felt more sorry for the gang he was ready to lunch into for the sweet cheeks comment. Likely the same with Sethe and Tseneca after the Tusken retort.

“Answer the boy’s question first, and we‘ll tell you.” Badim demanded. If Jonas had acted softly and left his manners at the spaceport, maybe this was the manners he wanted, “What do you kriffing want?”

The apparent leader shot him a glance, turning to Badim and waving the blaster again. Badim’s fingers twitched again as he was within reach, ready to do so too. That was until he caught a glance, barely, of H6 moving across the edge of the ridge above them. Badim’s X-45 held magnetically on his back.
The blaster moved away from his face and the man turned to Jonas, “Now then. This man certainly brought his manners.” he turned to Badim, “He seems like he’s been around the bush.”
Badim saw a glimpse of a smile and a flex of the man’s neck tentacles, before blood escaped his mouth and Badim was on the ground from taking a punch to the face. The man knelt down, grabbing the top of Badim’s hair and forced him to look up, “That’s the manners I’ve been looking for.”

The man drove his foot into Badim’s stomach, and with Badim no longer in his cloak and having his leather strap around his abdomen, he felt the full blow. No one could interfere, doing so would just get them killed and they knew that. They had to bite their teeth as they saw their recently reunited friend on the ground, recovering from a punch to the face and a kick to the gut.
Clare slowly knelt down next to Badim when the man moved on, helping him to his feet.

“You don’t get to decide who answers first. I do. Now what are you all doing here? Or was I correct with the Tuskens?”

“You ever hear of the term: Safari?” Badim retorted, deliberately wiping the blood from his mouth with his hand, curiously looking at the red smudge it made on it.

“Tatoo isn’t a blazing Safari. And I have the feeling you’re still not telling me the truth.” he pointed the blaster again, past Badim’s ear and into the direction of Clare. Badim knew if anything, if he even flinched Clare wouldn’t die, but would have a far worse fate if he acted wrongly on this. Jonas, unfortunately, did this for him.
“Put the blaster away, let‘s work this out like--” he was still trying the soft technique, appeal to their inner diplomat, only to have the man swipe the blaster across Jonas’s face. Enough to draw blood and cause a gash, but nothing that wouldn’t heal. Not deep enough either for a scar, at least Lucas would be happy in a way, Badim assumed.
“That was a warning, kid. Speak up one more time and I’ll have to disappoint Buck.”

While he was distracted with turning to one of the gang members, Badim glimpsed H6 on the ridge with his sniper rifle trained on the area. With his robotic reflexes, he should be able to give them enough of an edge to come out of this with their lives.

Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 11:38am    Post subject:

Tseneca had had enough being silent, once the leader of the gang had hit Jonas it was on. She had kept her lightsaber hidden in one of the saddlebags, so that wasn't an issue. Tentacles turned to speak to one of his buddies.

She pushed out with the force, she shoved him hard into the man he was speaking to. Sethe shot her a look, and she shrugged what.

Tentacles, surprised, turned and looked at the group.

"What now?" Tseneca asked him, challenging. Sethe squeezed her arm in warning.

"Who did that?" the big man growled.

"none of 'em moved, boss." Buck said, confusion on his face.

Tentacles grunted and turned back around. Tseneca gave it a second before force tugging his left foot forward, knocking him backwards and onto his ass.

He roared, rolling over and kicking his way back up, sand swirling up and about as he flailed. "Kill 'em!"

He gave the order and the men came forward, blasters cocked, but mostly looking to pound the group into submission. Even malbacca, flanked by a few of the larger men with bantha prods looked fearful. Tseneca reached out her right hand, calling the Lightsaber to her. It flung itself out of the saddlebag and ignited as soon as it landed safely in her palm.

The men paused. a few looking worried, most just waiting for a kill confirmation. "I'll slice your limbs off, I swear I will." Tseneca hissed at Buck, who was getting closer to she and Sethe with an overly-large machete looking blade.

Suddenly, she felt a powerful pain in her wrists and her fingers went slack. She cried out, The saber dropped and disengaged. She watched it, astonished as it tumbled lifelessly in the sand. She looked up to see Tentacles catch what looked like a durasteel boomarang, and twirl it between his fingers. He strode forward and grasped the cylinder, examining it with cruel eyes.

"A Jedi? makes sense. Good prize too." He pocketed the lightsaber and raised a hand again, signaling his men to stop wasting time and open fire. "Any last words?" he asked as the men raised their weapons.

Tseneca looked down at her feet, helpless. This was how they she was going to die? after everything she'd been through? It was almost anti-climactic. She felt Sethe slide his fingers into hers and was at least a little comforted at that.

"A race." Daegon barked. Malbacca made a shrill noise in protest. "A race through the canyon, thread the needle, winner take all."
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 02:39pm    Post subject:

The swoop leader twisted angrily towards Daegon, who hadn't moved during most of the confrontation. He laughed, a bellowing noise that almost seemed to echo across the wastes. "Yeah? And why should I bother with-?" Tentacles broke off, squinting as he seemed to see Daegon for the first time. "Selanno?"

Daegon smiled grimly and adopted a relaxed posture, with his thumbs hooked into his belt. "Howdy, Burner. Long time no see."

Burner glanced back and forth between Tseneca and Daegon, uncomprehending. "You're running with these sleemos now?" he asked, chuckling. Tseneca made as if to spit a retort back at him, but Sethe held her back, shaking his head slowly as he watched the Corellian. Daegon took a few steps forward until he and Burner were barely a meter from each other. "A race," he repeated. "Through the canyon, thread the needle. We win, we walk. You win and...well, you win."

“Yeah?” Burner said sarcastically. “And why should I agree to that?”

“Come on, Burner,” Daegon said, letting his smile turn slightly cruel. “Don’t tell me you’re afraid of losing to us, are you? What happened to you these past seasons, you lose your pair or somethin’?”

Burner snarled at him, but he knew better than to take a swing at him. Daegon continued to stare straight into his eyes, inwardly hoping against hope that his gambit would work. If he knew Burner at all, then the man would have no choice than to accept, not unless he wanted to lose control of the gang. “A race,” Burner agreed, his neck-tentacles quivering disgustingly as he nodded.

Daegon grinned and spread his arms. “Great. Just give seven swoops and we’ll–”

“Why seven?” Burner asked, a malevolent glint in his eye.

Daegon’s smile faded. “In case you hadn’t noticed, there are seven of us. Unless you’ve forgotten to count again.”

Burner grinned as he eyed Daegon, a reversal on the previous situation. “Three riders from either side. We’ll look after the others for you. Wouldn’t want them to get jumped by Tuskens or anything while you were racing, after all.”

Tag: Jess, Alex, Orrion Carn

Back to top »
H6-32
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 03:00pm    Post subject:

H6 settled down on the ridge just above Master, the crew, the new arrivals and the inferior, threatening swoop gang. H6 dialed in on the X-45 scope, zooming to the leader who seemed to be a little more relaxed. His sights aimed at the back of his head, waiting for the perfect moment to quickly switch between all of the gang members and eliminate them as quickly as the rifle could cycle between shots.
H6 saw Master and the Crew stand to their feet slowly from their kneeling stance. Out of curiosity, the droid enhanced his audio receptors:

“Three riders from either side. We’ll look after the others for you. Wouldn’t want them to get jumped by Tuskens or anything while you were racing, after all.”

H6’s processors sparked. He would have surely wanted to ride along the edge of the proposed track and sabotage their swoops mid-race, but with the added complication of hostages, his computer matrix quickly calculated a Seventy-Eight-Point-Nine Percent chance of the crew winning the race on their own, and the odds of the gang getting disgruntle and eliminating the prisoners were equally high.

H6 shifted his legs on the course rock to get a better position. He was going to be here a while.

H6-32 First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 04:35pm    Post subject:

It took them less than an hour to make it the rest of the way to the canyon. The group was heavily flanked by the swoop gang, outnumbered as the were 7 to 10, and unarmed, as the spoken for 10 had confiscated their weapons.

"Frakker's got my lightsaber." Tseneca had growled under her breath as they mounted.

"Well maybe you should have kept your magic tricks to yourself." Sethe had snapped back, in the same tone. She'd blushed and revved her engine. Sliding her bike away from his.

So now there they were, within the canyon walls. They dismounted and were surrounded again by the gang.

"Who'll it be?" Burner asked, hefty hands on his hips.

Jonas and himself, and of course Daegon volunteered... It was his idea after all. Tseneca flashed a look at him. "Can you pilot a swoop through that thing?" She nodded toward the stone needle. A towering thing, it cast mid-morning shadows throughout the canyon, playing tricks on the eyes of racers. it was an occupational hazzard if anything. Threading the thing, well, that was another story.

"Only one of us needs to thread it." He said. "That was the deal."

"That wasn't my question." She said and faced him.

He looked her in the eyes. They were serious, dark. Then he looked back at the needle's eye. He swallowed, burying his own fear, if only for her sake. "No problem." He grinned.

They mounted the three best swoops, unclipping the saddlebags and extra weight. Sethe tested the repulsors, making sure they'd be able to gain enough air throughout the course to lift them past the more severe checkpoints, height wise. The needle itself for example. He saw Jonas do the same, kicking the valve with his heal.

Burner, Buck and another banger named "Zek" mounted their own bikes. Sethe looked one more time at Tseneca, standing next to Badim, Clare and Mal. He gave her a wink. "Don't sweat it, Mesh'la." He said, with a confidence he didn't feel.

Lined up, one of the Banger's stood before them. He raised his blaster and fired it off into the sky before scuttling away as the six bikes roared to life, shooting off toward the depths of the course.

Go
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, September 18th 2010 03:23pm    Post subject:

The power of the swoop vibrated as he pressed on the accelerator. The rush sent his stomach into a knot, but it was well worth the adrenaline that followed. Sethe held the lead momentarily, before a pair of Rustics emerged and sailed into the canyon. Jonas had favored the swoop over a speeder bike, it wasn't as sleek, but it was built for power. Everything he had went into navigating the craft, it required absolute focus. One wrong twist of the wrist, could send him to a free-falling death below and ultimately, cost Tseneca, Badim and Clare their lives. Sad part was, they didn't really get a chance to fight for themselves. He shrugged it off, watching Sethe take head to head with Burner.

As they swept over one of the walls, an explosion rocked ahead, forcing all of them to split in many different directions. Jonas had thought Selanno didn't make it past the rockslide, but surprised them all when he launched ahead... Jonas laughed - glad the man made it, but knew it was only the beginning. The rockslide, What the hell was that?! Were the Rustics playing dirty? Jonas didn't have time to ponder the thought, instead, concentrated on his accelerations and braking. At the next corner, he slid dangerously close to losing wall, but a slam on the reversal-hover, sent him running into first place like a womp rat on speed-spices. He knew his lead wouldn't hold for long, as something caught his eye... a silver lined-

Holy frak!!!

Several strange orbs shot up, they were targeting droids. Random lasers sprawled across the walls, slicing through his uniform and cutting into the swoop itself. Jonas managed to swerve through the thick of the beams, the rest had to take detours. The worst part, they had tracking ability, and switched to individual beams. Jonas tightened his body, minimizing the area of his body exposed, while trying to remove the blaster Tseneca snuck into his sidebag. It might've been against the "code of ethics" to shoot down the other riders, but these droids weren't part of the deal. He just couldn't get the chance to aim, and the laser bolts were closing in... There had to be two or three droids back there, he couldn't shoot them all, he'd risk missing a turn or adjustment...

Suddenly a Rustic, Buck, roared behind him, shouting like a mad man as he damned the targeting droids into the canyon's abyss. "Thatta boy! Ride like the wind!" Jonas tossed him a glance, careful to keep it friendly, while slamming on the accelerator. It was a race, afterall..
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, September 20th 2010 11:23am    Post subject:

Sethe saw the droids out of the corner of his eye. He pulled forward, even as one came up over his right shoulder. He hefted his blaster and released fire, hitting the thing on the second shot. It went up in flame. What were these frakker's playing at? He turned back to front, swerving to avoid a large rock. Selanno was ahead, Burner on his tail, Jonas was ahead too with Buck knocking on his engines. Meanwhile, Sethe had Zek to contend with.

They whirled around a corner pulling back and forth against the momentum of the bikes. Sethe felt white-hot heat score past his ear and turned to see Zek had pulled a blaster and was playing tough. Fine, if that was how it was...

Sethe triggered his blaster again, aiming for the front of Zek's swoop. the other man pulled back and Seth singed the rock behind him. He could feel Zek's bike slide behind him and hit his own boosters, trying to slide him. There was a shock to his elbow and he felt the burn and smell of ozone fry his jacket and the flesh of his bicep.

"Son of a..." He hit his afterburners, pulling backwards so that Zek shot forward leaving him in the dust. I was a wise move because no sooner did the other man round the bend did a massive explosion rock the cavern. Flames lit up as Zek's swoop went up. Sethe swerved to dodge the wreckage.

But as he caught up, there was another explosion, similar in size and further forward.

Jonas Sethe revved, using the stabilizer bar to work the swoop towards the side of the canyon wall. He saw a shape roll free of the wreck, and pull himself out of the line of sight. Sethe breathed a sigh of relief, accelerating. There was nothing he could do to help the kid at that point, as long as he had enough sense to keep out of the line of fire.

What the hell was going on?
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, September 20th 2010 11:41am    Post subject:

From the top of the canyon wall, Tseneca could see the double explosion clear as day. She started but was yanked into submission by the hefty Rustic guard at her side.

"Jonas! That was Jonas!" She hissed to Badim next to her.

He breathed out his nose. "And what are we supposed to do about that?"

Tseneca watched as the other swoop, Sethe's closed the gap between Daegon and Burner. There were only four of them left, Sethe, Daegon, Burner and Buck. She thought hard, looking at the course.

None of them had put these traps out here, because the bikers that were holding them were just as aggravated as they were at the loss of one of their own. So that meant...

"Mycah." She whispered.

Mal drew out a grunt. She looked at the wookie and then at Badim. "This is Mycah's doing, he's rigged the course. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who tipped the Rustics off about us. We have to do something."

She felt Badim tense up. She looked over at the swoops, all Flare-S models unlike their cheaper Aratech 74-2's that they'd bought back in Eisley. If they could only...

She licked her bottom lip, Badim caught her eye, and shook his head. He didn't want to leave clare with the guard. To god-damned bad, if they didn't act now there was no way of knowing how else Mycah had equipped the canyon. The race had suddenly become lethal.

"With or without you." She said under her breath, the time was now.

She reached out, using the force to knock her own guard off balance. Badim took the split second to bend back and kick one of them in the shins. There was a grunt and a din, but Tseneca was already angling toward one of the Flare's, Badim directly behind her. As the furious bikers began to swarm, began to shoot, They mounted and kicked the turbothrusters. Tseneca felt blaster shots burn past her as she sped away, Badim on a bike direcly at her side.

"I hope you know what your doing!" He yelled over the onslaught of air rushing as they plunged down into the canyon.

She hoped so too....
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, September 20th 2010 04:17pm    Post subject:

He felt like he should have been with Clare. Stayed under the guards submission until he could kill the lot of them. But he knew she could take care of herself, and with Malbacca and H6 on her back. It was the guards he should be worried about. They were going to need it. Badim found it hard to concentrate on what was behind him and the gap he was literally building as his swoop shot forward alongside Tseneca. He shot her a glance, if his hopes were wrong in Clare being able to protect herself, there was nothing going to get in the way of his second wrath. Even if Tseneca had latent powers she was slowly getting control of, her Force powers weren’t going to stop him.

He took grudges hard, and it wasn’t good for him. Turning on his friends wasn’t right, even in thought. His strange dream came back to him where his friends turned their backs on him. He shut his eyes hard to wipe the thought away. As long as he kept a cool head, it wasn’t going to become reality. If he slipped up on something of his own accord, returning to the state he went in when Clare died, he was sure the rest of The Leapers would leave him without a second chance, one he had just used when joining back up after his short sabbatical on Shaddaa.

Badim’s eyes opened just in time to see a stalagmite two hundred meters in front of him. A split second to react. He pinned the throttle and slammed his foot on the altitude pedal while sending him upside-down. A shape pain and he looked down to see a gash running up his arm and slowly starting to fill with blood.
He looked at Tseneca and yelled over the rushing air, “Who’s crazy enough to race through here anyways--” he looked down at the controls of his swoop, “Nevermind!” he shouted, following her lead on the track.

Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, September 20th 2010 04:43pm    Post subject:

Clare sat there, dumbfounded that they had left her and Malbacca here with the Rustic guards. Retaliating like that to escape was certainly a death sentence for whoever was left behind and still in the hostage situation. Malbacca roared a mumble as he tried to stress his stun-binders to their limit. Only the wookiee had binders on, as they were more scared of him rather than the others. She only wondered why Badim would have left her, and why Tseneca hadn’t offered the same to her. Clare scoffed under her breath. She had been so secretive in her work, that Clare hadn’t shown to the rest of the crew what she could do except purposely miss their feet back on Denon. Tseneca was underestimating her, which meant she still had a trick or two up her sleeves. That was how some her assassinations went, she would get in close, and the target wouldn’t see anything except a dashing woman until her blaster would appear. It was mostly in the bedroom when she would make the strike, get the targets away from prying eyes and as soon as the door shut, and before the kissing began, the target was dead on the ground.

Promising Sex for Death. Thankfully, she had stayed a virgin for Badim and hadn’t given it away for a mission. Though, in reality, she probably had done that to get close to him in the first place, and it blossomed into their love. Suffice to say, being Nesba’s temporary Slave Girl hadn’t been the first time she had worn a scantily clad outfit for a mission. Being Nesba’s slave girl being part of her mission to find Badim.

She watched the race as best she could. Hoping the crew would win so she could somehow see Dex and Firi again. She had been seeing some faint sparks between them before she was kidnapped, and she wondered how for they were along in it, or if they had dismissed it entirely. She prayed to the Gods that she could see them again, even to just for the simple reason to see their faces. Clare wanted all of her friends to know she was alive, and she hoped she got the chance. Praying that someone on their team would win, and that Jonas was alright, his swoop just up and disappearing along with one of the other team‘s racers.

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, September 20th 2010 07:41pm    Post subject:

Tseneca could feel Badim's rage, but whatever problem's he'd had didn't amount to the fact that Jonas had been sidelined and Sethe needed badly to thread that needle. At any rate, no one had invited him to follow them to tatooine so he could nurse his stupid rage all he wanted.

She sped downward along the cavern, tracking to the spot she'd seen the second explosion. There was nothing there but wreckage, no sign of a body, nothing. That was a good sign wasn't it?

She pulled up and around, skidding to a dusty halt. "Jonas!" She yelled and heard a muffled yell back. There, behind that rock...

She dismounted. He was cowering away from no-man's land. She wedged herself in behind the bouder, Badim watching out. "Are you hurt? we don't have much time."

"What are you doing here? how did you..." He was shivering slightly and she could see a gash along his side, where the pressure suit he wore had torn and stuck to clotted blood. She peeled at it, and he smacked her hand away, glaring.

"Well if your fine, then come on!" She half dragged him to the swoop and they mounted, she in front, he in back. "Lets go." She yelled to Badim. "If Mycah's rigged the track, we have to stay a few steps ahead of the riders."

She pulled up and over the course, Jonas gripping her waist. They were like rodents, jumping out of a maze to get to the prize first. From their vantage point they could see Daegon, Sethe and the Rustics churning at a devestating pace around (and straight through) rock formations.

It was Badim who saw it first. "There!" He yelled.

She saw it. A glint in the light, like someone holding up a mirror. She angled the front part and followed Badim down. If it was another charge, they had to shoot it down before it was tripped.

She looked back. It was Daegon this time, that would trip the device. He was in the lead....
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, September 21st 2010 03:43am    Post subject:

Clare could only close her eyes while she listened to the explosions from the canyon below. Wondering if one of them was Badim. Of course she cared about the others, but if Badim was killed down there, she’d go insane. She felt her stomach give, but she only dry heaved as the symptoms lessened from all of her vomiting. It was a release that her illness was going away quiet fast, though she still gagged at the thought of vomiting and revisiting the foul flavor like the other times in the past twenty-four hours. One of the female gang member guards caught her eye and walked over with a jar in her hand.
“You don’t look too good,” she said softly, almost caringly while she pointed at Clare’s dug in and tired eyes, and her dry chapped lips. Clare wasn’t going to make any moves, even as the woman opened the jar and ran a light finger across it’s surface. “This will help. I swear.”
Clare was disgruntle, even as the woman ran her finger under her lip and an even worse taste entered her mouth. Though she was feeling a little relieved after it started to foam and settle in her stomach, soothing her like an Alka Sletzer tablet.
“You and that man you were with. You hadn’t been doing anything…arousing lately have you?”

“Why?” Clare asked, suddenly feeling a pang in her being as she wondered what the woman was implying.

“Well, for one. You didn’t get any worse after taking that gel. Which helped me out during my first two weeks. If you took that gel and you suddenly felt worse after it hit your stomach, it means, well. The opposite if you got better of course.”

“What did you just put in my mouth?” Clare asked, feeling a little infuriated at the games, “What are you saying?”

“I’m saying,” she laughed and rolled up her shirt up just over her stomach, revealing a small bulge, “I’m like you. Though I’m two months in.”

Clare stared at bulge, putting the pieces together as she looked at it. Am I…Pregnant? She looked at the woman in bewilderment, though a gleam of light shining from her eyes at how she was having a child, though this was too soon. She had to confirm what the woman was saying, “I-I’m Preg-gnant?”

“You’d be heaving your guts out for a few hours if you weren’t.” the woman said as she rolled her shirt back over her belly, “Now just hope, preferably pray, that your man doesn’t get himself screwed out there.”

Tag: Alex, Jess, Cheapy Just letting you guys know, that until Badim and Clare come out with it after this plot, please don’t have them mention it. When the time comes, or there’s a slow point in things, I’ll have them come out with it. Nothing in IC until then please ;)
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Tatooine » Beggar's Canyon
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: