Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Devils End Cantina
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Tatooine » The Devils End Cantina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 01:19pm    Post subject: The Devils End Cantina

The Devil's End Cantina

Located on the outskirts of Mos Eisley, The Devil's End Cantina is third only to Shalo's and Chalmun's more districted bar/lounge areas. For this reason it is known specifically for its shady reputation and grisly proprietress, Madam Massa.
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 01:22pm    Post subject:

Tracker

Part I: The Devil's End

The Crew of the stolen Blight Leaper lands in Mos Eisley spaceport, where they follow a cryptic message from Mycah to the backwater Cantina Devils End in the outskirts of the city. Wary of a trap but believing Psychotic Tech Junkie Mycah will reveal the location of the leaper to them if met, they enter the cantina.

Parties Involved:

Crew of the Star Raptor
Daegon Selanno
Malbacca
Crew of the BlightLeaper (aboard Escrow)
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Sethe Bhren
Jonas Eisley

Mycah "The Myc" Lunn

PNPC: Madam Massa (Devil's End Proprietess)
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 02:41pm    Post subject:

Tatooine.

It wasn't everyday Jonas experienced the Outer Rim planet and her twin suns. The days were long, and Mos Eisley seemed to be enjoying the heat wave. Merchants were out and about, the space port was bustling with aliens and humans alike. A small boy bumped into him, and Jonas laughed as the youth took a small credit stick from his back pocket. Jonas bent low and grabbed his hand, but only to show him a trick he had learned on Nar Shadda. The boy was pleased, probably because Jonas did not ask for the credit sticks back,instead allowing him to race away, and disappear into an alley.

"Did he just-"

"Yes," Jonas answered Tseneca's question, and added, "He needed it more than I did, I think." The boy's skin revealed much of his inner skeleton, and the two hundred credits would buy him food for months. Time moved quickly as they made their way towards the locally popular night club. It was renown in these parts, mostly because of the walk of life that generally thrived in such a place. Jonas had never used a dagger before, but if there were ever to be a time, it would be here, in the thicket of gangs and thugs. In the distance, he could see a Hutt slime its way up the ramp of a shuttle, his many minions following his every move. The green stripped colorings on his obese tail identified him as Iggorr, once notorious for slave trading and Ookoa Pipe herbs. It was a slippery rumor, one not carefully shared in the Outer Rim, that he was spared in a raid by the one and only Vera Nico. His ways of business seemed to change over night. No one really knew what he was up to nowadays.

The Devil's End came into view, finally. The sand, dust and heat had already sucked the moisture from his skin and throat, and he was dying for a drink. Tseneca looked at them, first at Sethe, then Jonas. "Keep your eyes peeled, boys. We have no idea what we are dealing with." Jonas reflected momentarily on this, it was true, yes, and the fact that both Lucas and Master Kyp were no longer in the party, made him feel a little less secure. Hell, even H6 and Badim should've been here...

Jonas eyed the silver tricket on Tseneca's belt, she tugged on her shirt and it disappeared. At least they had her, even if she was still discovering her abilities. Jonas moved first, if it was a trap, then he'd take the blaster bolt, and hopefully Sethe would be able to get Tseneca and her child out of harm's way. The door hissed open, one of the many entrances. A small smoke screen filled their vision, with trance and holo-projections of famous dancers coming into view....
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 02:58pm    Post subject:

It was like any other sithforsaken cantina they'd visited in the galaxy. Though their gimick was holograms, Tseneca was thankful it wasn't a rancor.

The bar was well lit, enough so that the homely, portly liverspotted woman behind the counter could be seen wiping filthy glasses with a filthy rag. Tseneca perched, along with the others on the bars edge, leaning on the balls of her feet as if she were spring loaded. There was something so unnerving as to a fully acknowledged trap...

She let her eyes unfocus, pushing outward with the force, struggling for some deeper meaning. For scum and villiany, the patrons of this fine establishment were quiet. Sabacc and Corellian Craps didn't flutter them in the slightest. But there was something else...

She shifted her gaze upward at the projection screens and pushed further outward. Past the pixels, the zero's and ones... It was almost as if...

"Hey!" The gutteral growl of The proprietess barked her into wakefulness. "You ain't here to loiter, sit your ass down or order a drink."

Tseneca met the gaze of Madam Massa directly. "Civil." She muttered. "Arkanian sweet milk--"

Sethe nudged her out of the way and gave her a look. "She's not drinking. Regular sweet milk will be fine. A Walk in the Phelopean Forest for me and the kid" he thumbed Jonas, who was flanking the group.

Tseneca rolled her eyes and scanned the rest of the bar.
Unseemingly, her eyes fell on a couple near the back, one whose face was obscured, and one who just happened to be a very large wookie...

"No frakking way..." Tseneca muttered.

Tag: cheapy
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 06:48pm    Post subject:

As far as cantinas went, the Devil’s wasn’t all that bad. It was certainly better than Jorji's back on Nar Shaddaa.

Daegon and Mal sat in a booth near the corner of the establishment, trying to stay inconspicuous. A difficult thing to do with a Wookiee, but one of the perks with the Devil’s was that nobody asked questions, regardless of oddities, as long as drinks were paid for. Daegon had already secured the two of them a small room in the cantina’s second floor for the night, and now they were simply waiting for the late hours of the night. He sipped his whiskey, grimacing slightly as the Whyren’s Reserve burned his throat. Mal had cautioned against drinking on a night like this…but the entire reason Daegon needed a drink was because of how the night had began. Losing his cargo, his employer, his crewmate…his ship. It was about as bad as it could get for a smuggler, short of being convicted and tossed into the brig.

As his eyes lightly scanned the room again, he caught sight of another group entering the cantina. His free hand tightened on the butt of his slugthrower underneath his coat, but then relaxed when he realized they weren’t mercs employed by Flax. He kept his eyes on them as they sidled their way up to the bar. Motley bunch, he thought to himself as he took another sip of the whiskey. There were three of them, all human and one female. The woman looked like she was the leader of the group, but as he watched she tried to order a drink and was rebutted by the man seated next to her. A mite overprotective, he noticed as the man ordered his companion a non-alcoholic drink instead. The third member had no such compunctions, and ordered himself a mug of Corellian ale.

As the woman turned and began eyeing the crowd, Daegon’s jaw fell slightly. I’ll be Kesseled…

Her eyes met his, and he knew he’d seen her before.

A half-grin appeared on his face, and he stood from the booth. “Wait one,” he told mal, lifting a finger to the Wookiee’s protests. Making his way through the crowd, he stopped short of the bar and hooked his thumbs in his belt. “Well, fancy that,” he said nonchalantly. “You’re the last person I expected to see, my dear.”

Tag: Jess, Alex
Looking For Work First Previous Next Latest

"I applaud your efforts. And now that you've insulted me, called me a heretic, threatened to burn me and questioned my gender, I'm completely on board." - Jess
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, September 10th 2010 12:22am    Post subject:

"Daegon Selanno." Tseneca squinted at the man. Cutting to the chase was always best. "You didn't take my ship did you?"

The man looked surprised. "Sure didn't, That what brings you here?"

The cat being sucessfully out of the bag, she felt herself relax a little. Selanno wouldn't have the gusto for a heist like that, at least that was her opinion of the man. She'd only known him briefly, back on Iego when both their ships had been taken down by Diathim. He didn't strike her as a mastermind in any case, and she wasn't surprised to see him here, this end of the galaxy.

"Something more or less like that yeah." She said. He made a gesture, directing him to their table where Malbacca was sitting. She reached up and scratched behind the wookies ears affectionately. Along with Firi, Mal had been one of the few who'd escaped the Maelibi with their lives. "Hows it, furball?" she asked. Mal gave a pleased chortle she took to mean he was happy to see them.

"Sooo..." Sethe said.

"Ah. Sorry. Sethe, this is Daegon Selanno, we were teamed with him and his crew back on Iego. Small galaxy. Daegon, this is Sethe Bhren. And you remember Jonas."

Daegon shook Sethe's hand, then gave Jonas's shoulder a good gripping. "Of course. Couldn't have gotten the Raptor up without you. Or Coral for that matter. Kept in touch with any of them?"

Jonas took a swig from his mug. "Not in the slightest" he said wincing.

In a jovial mood, Daegon raised a server for another round. "Not drinking?" He asked her quizzically.

"Im pregnant." She said. "And this mans some kind of saint." She thumbed Sethe.

Daegon look surprised, but ordered alcohol for the men. "Thats new..."

"Long story." She gave him a warm smile.

They settled in. Daegon unrelenting. "You followed the Leaper out here?"

Tseneca explained briefly how Sethe had placed a beacon on the ship to stalk her about, and when the ship had been stolen they'd been able to track it here.

"I'd say your being dangled." Daegon set his glass down after she'd finished. "Like a rotworm on a hook."

"Thats the problem." Jonas said. "We got a signal to come here, but we have no idea what--"

Tseneca's comm blinked, and made a noise, alerting her. She took it out, and looked at it. It was an audio-sonar program, mainly used for tracking high electrical currents, and it had been, for some strange reason, activated.

"That's odd..." She muttered, trying to overrride the program by flipping the power switch. Nothing, the screen stayed static, the beeping relentless.

Sethe pulled it out of her hands, moving it around, up and down. The beeping changed pitch and speed, according to the direction he was pointing to it. "Ever play those hot/cold games when you were a kid?" He asked, handing her back the device. "I think this might be one of those."

"Too much." Daegon muttered. "this sleemo can hack into your system like that no wonder you're having issues tracking your ship."

tseneca rose, leaving the booth and using the sound of the device to guide her. She felt Sethe behind her, the others opting to stay put rather then arouse unwanted attention. She closed her eyes and wandered, listening to the subtle changes in tone, the devices fluxuations.

Sethe put a hand on her arm as the beeping reached feverent pitches. She looked up. There. It was a figure huddled over a table in one of the cantina's remote corners. She reached out with the force, but couldn't feel... anything.

"Think its him?" Sethe whispered behind her.

"Only one way to find out..." Tseneca approached the form carefully, tentatively. She swallowed, hand on her lightsaber, practicallity should mostly follow foolishness, yes?

"Hey." She said to the figure as she neared the table. His face and body were obscured by a cloak, gloved hands surrounding a mug of something. "Hey." She said again, but was ignored.

Then, "Wait don't---" Sethe's voice was urgent as she reached forward and pulled the hood off of the figure. The man fell backwards against his chair, his arm knocking the mug of liquid to the floor. He slumped back precariously, head lolling, neck slack, chest covered in... wires... and charges...

A dummy. Not a person, but a dummy. Clothed in heavy explosives and a digital readout that said 10:00.

ten minutes.
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, September 10th 2010 12:41am    Post subject:

Most of the cantina sparked some kind reaction of flighted panic, though there were a surprising few that remained at the bar, laughing and ordering another round of drinks. Crazy old frakkers! The dummy had been one of the most subtle of moves, just there it was, the countdown registering just over nine minutes, and they had to deal with it (or did they?). Jonas hoisted the dummy onto the table, and judging by the company, they were all frakked. There were a significant amount of wires, though to be honest, it looked amateur. Not really military grade, but enough to blow the block to the seventh hell. But who among them understood the mechanics of a frakking bomb? The looks on their faces meant it was over, they were all doomed.

"Well, we could run..." Jonas offered, but strangely, the dummy shook its head and beneath the cloth, laughed...
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, September 10th 2010 01:03am    Post subject:

"WHOA!" Sethe, who'd been holding part of dummy's cloak, inspecting it for clues or... something, dropped it like he'd been burned and backed away. Had that thing just...

"I'll be damned." Selanno was awefully calm about the situation, meanwhile Tseneca had gotten Madame Massa to clear out most of the lagging patrons. "It moves."

Jonas was watching the clock. "More to it then that." The eyes were blinking while the manniquen chuckled slightly. "I think its watching us."

"So are those." Tseneca came up, just as Jonas was pulling the thing into a better position. She was pointing at the holograms and advertising modules. "Carefull!" She yelped as he tugged on the wires "I could be rigged to blow at anything."

Suddenly, the screens changed, showing the frantic flashing animations of a children's show, the steady, eerie stream of singing youths filling the air in singsong. Even the holographic dancers had changed moods, singing along to the creepy refrains of popular nursery rhymes with lyrics changed Ring around the room/ makes mommy and me go Boom.

Sethe saw Tseneca go pale, no doubt casting assertions. How could the hijacker have known...

who in the name of all gods were they dealing with?

8:00
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, September 10th 2010 10:48am    Post subject:

Daegon ignored the eerie children’s holo as he knelt by the explosives-laden dummy, his fingers gently probing the wires and charges as he inspected them. “Professional work,” he mumbled. “This ain’t hardly a firecracker. He’s got a baradium charge and a small armory’s worth of mil-grade high explosive wrapped up in one bundle. Looks like there’re even a few flash-sticks thrown in, too.” He whistled; that was more than enough boom to send the whole cantina and a good-sized chunk of the block into orbit if it went off. Despite this revelation, he stayed cool as he gently opened the jacket further. “I can’t find out what it’s wired to…”

“How do you know all this?” one of Tseneca’s friends asked–Jonas, that was it–suspiciously.

“Used to be a bounty hunter, but that got too interesting. Smuggling’s more my thing these days, but I still remember a thing or two.” Daegon abandoned his search of the dummy’s jacket and carefully lifted up one leg. Let’s see if… “There we are.” His fingers traced the small bulge of a wire as it looped around the dummy’s leg and disappeared into his boot. Daegon pulled out his vibrodagger, still slightly stained with Kaor’s blood, and sliced open the laces of the boot to try and tug it off. It slid free easily, and they were left staring at a small detonator covered in blinking red and green diodes where the dummy’s foot should be.

Daegon bit his lip as he eyed the device. “Shassa,” he cursed. Behind him, Mal rumbled nervously. “Yeah, I know,” he replied. He glanced up at Tseneca and Sethe, his eyes growing anxious. “I don’t think I can disarm this.”

6:30.

"I applaud your efforts. And now that you've insulted me, called me a heretic, threatened to burn me and questioned my gender, I'm completely on board." - Jess
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, September 10th 2010 02:22pm    Post subject:

"I'll say it again." Jonas was solemn, talking loudly over the wailing of the preschooler's singing. "We could run..."

But Tseneca shook her head, lips pursed. She approached the thing again. The primer and reactor wire were indistinguishable. That must have been why Daegon had declared the thing unable to be disarmed. She looked the thing over, registering the fact that the head was the only part of the mannaquinn that was animated. She had an idea.

"Hang on a tic." She lifted the thing carefully from its seated position and laid it down on the floor. Pulling her vibrobade out, she took the grinning head and slashed through the top part, above the forehead along the hairline nearly sucessfull in lobotomizing it.

She pulled the synth skin back and then the first layer of plastic skull.

"No stop!" Sethe grabbed her hand and pulled her backward away from the dummy. She looked down, soon enough to see hundreds of tiny insects crawl out of the orafice she's just drawn.

"Sithspit!" Jonas cursed, and She could hear Malbacca give a mournful howl as the things spilled out of the dummy, heat seaking, wanting for blood. "Don't touch them!" Tseneca cried out. Sethe pulled her out of the way as they spread numerously, in each different direction. The others hopped onto tables, trying to get away, but the bugs followed, spitting tiny dropplets of fluid that bubbled and burned into the cantina's floor, the and the bases of the tables where they were taking shelter.

She pulled herself up onto the bar, trying to get out of the way. the stragglers had feld, even Madam massa hadn't bothered to stick around. She looked over. Jonas and Daegon had puled their blasters out and were shooting at the swarm of insects below them, even Sethe was struggling to funnel them off.

"This just keeps getting better and better." She heard himfrom behind her. She looked over at the mannequin, lying on the floor in his own little island of insect free bliss.

5:00
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, September 10th 2010 04:05pm    Post subject:

Great! Jonas eyed the door, it was looking pretty attractive at this point. His eyes darted to the group who had been vaporizing the majority of the swarm, but their pistols could only hold out for so long. Jonas used several tables as jumping stones to make it back over to the dummy, while simultaneously shooting advancing spitter-bugs. Around this time, the drunks had enough and tossed their drinks into the herd of insects. It happened it fast motion, the toss of the beer mug, the shattering of the glass, and the squeal-like sound of the insects, before they stopped.

Alcohol!

Jonas kicked several drinks to the floor, the bugs exterminated in the same fashion as by the old geezers. Tseneca passed the technique to Selanno and Bhren, and by this time, the bugs had abandoned their blood-crazy tendency, instead, flooring it to cracks in the wall and other small crevices about. Jonas noticed the counter, and took closer examination of their task. They had just less than four minutes before the cantina went sky-high.

Selanno may not have known his way around this bomb, but the attacker was also not aggressive. If he wanted them dead, he would've done it already. He was toying with them. Jonas splashed a small amount of alcohol around him, some sort of insect-free ring of protection, before the others arrived. "At least it wasn't snakes," Jonas breathed, pulling his data padd and snapped several holo-images and sent them to the directory the Queen of Naboo. Jonas caught Tseneca's eye.

If anyone would have some kind of advice into disarming this dummy-bomb, the greatest terrorist the galaxy had seen would know. Vera Nico.

Jonas eyed his data padd, and then the timer. She might not even get the message in time, and even then, this particular wiring might be so personalized, she wouldn't have the time to identify the proper procedure. Before he dipped too far into a depressed paranoia, his datapadd vibrated and a sequence of commands sprawled across the screen. "I think I know how to disarm this-" All four doors to the cantina burst open as local enforcement shouted and stun blasts launched in all directions. Jonas managed to dodge the first, but a red twi'lek managed to get the better of him.

The last thing he saw: 1:04 and everything was dark.
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, September 10th 2010 05:25pm    Post subject:

At least the bugs were gone.

Daegon knelt behind an overturned table as the Mos Eisley MPs filled the cantina, spraying stun bolts across the room. He saw the Jonas boy take one in the chest and topple down from the bar, and the hair on his neck stood on end as one missed him.

“It never goes smooth,” he grumbled as he flicked the selector on his blaster to stun. “How come it never goes smooth?

By fate or chance, the explosives-rigged dummy was lying on the floor two meters away. Daegon waited for a lull in the shooting before rolling out of cover, firing at the ceiling as he did so to discourage the officers from returning fire. He came up in a booth beside the dummy, its now-empty cranium staring at him blankly. He pulled out his knife and holstered his blaster. The timer on the detonator read 0:45.

Only way we’re getting out of this alive is if I can disarm this thing, he thought furiously as he tore away the mannequin’s jacket. Daegon heard Tseneca and Sethe cry out to the police, trying to get them to cease fire, but no luck. Hastily he rubbed his fingers over the three primary wires linking the charges together, trying to feel which one was the thickest. One for the baradium, one for the mil-grade, and one for the flash-sticks. Mal roared as a stun bolt found him, but the Wookiee simply shrugged it off and continued trading stun bolts with the law. 0:30.

Daegon growled a string of curses in Corellian, Rodian, and Huttese as he frantically tried to find a way to disarm the bomb. His hands danced over the three wires rapidly and sweat poured down his face. 0:10.

The hell with it, he thought.

Grabbing the wire leading to the baradium charge, he slipped the edge of his vibrodagger underneath it. Amy, if this doesn’t work be safe… With a jerk, Daegon cut the wire.

For a moment, he sat there with his eyes squeezed shut, holding the dummy at arm’s length as if the short distance would provide some protection. Finally, when he realized that he was still alive, he opened one eye and glanced at the timer. 0:07. “What?!” he yelled. “Come on!”As the numbers advanced steadily downward, he grabbed the other two wires and yanked them out of their sockets. They came out easily, but the timer continued its countdown. 0:03.

Daegon turned away from the dummy and leapt away, knowing that it was futile. He heard the final beep as the detonator reached 0:00,, but instead of searing heat he only felt a mild pain in his midsection as he landed hard on the floor.

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 12:03pm    Post subject:

"No, stop!" The MP had hit Jonas, and the boy had gone down hard. Sethe was busy pulling her down off the bar as she saw Daegon tuck and roll over to the dummy.

"These MP's aren't going to call it quits." Sethe looked at her.

"What do you want me to do, bring out the white flag?"

"What about Daegon?"

"Mal's covering him, I think he's going to try and disarm it." They heard a loud curse. Apparently the attempt had failed.

"Sithspit." Sethe pulled her over, covering her head and body with his own and bearing her down on the ground as the loud echo of explosion ricocheted throughout.

Then nothing. Not unconsciousness, just... nothing.

The sound had been programmed, and enourmouse faux blast that had left their ears ringing. Even so, when everything settled, when the guns had stopped firing, the childrens charade din and the aftershock of the noise had ceased, they all heard the tinkling of a music box lilting.

They uncurled themselves from each other and pushed themselves to where they could see above the bar. Daegon was lying unconscious, as was Jonas. Malbacca had ducked behind a sabacc table and the Feds were looking dazed.

The mannaquinn itself was lying still, its empty gears whirring in time to the tinkling of music coming from its abdomen. Its face twisted in a wide grin, giggling maniacally.

They approached the dummy, the feds were dazed but raised blasters against them. Tseneca reached her hand out both in surrender and with the force. faced with general feelings of ease, they lowered their weapons. "I might be getting better at this..." She mumbled to herself. She knelt to check on Daegon and Sethe saw to Jonas. Both men were coming to.

"Did I get it?" Daegon asked, and she helped him sit up. He'd been hit with a stun bolt in his back.

"something like that." She said, and wandered to the dummy to take a close look. She pulled open the jacket and observed each of the wires. It was obvious there was no longer any danger but the crazy giggling matched with the dry melody of the music box gears within the things chest was making her nervous, in a bad way. On top of that she was angry.

"Nico sent me a working of the bomb..." Sethe was supporting Jonas, who'd taken a bolt in the chest.

"You contacted Nico?" And now she was very angry.

Jonas held his ground, obviously use to her personality so as not to back down. "She said its a classic decoy based on the scematics. completey harmless from the beginning...giving time enough for the perp to move on to other things. In this case, i'd venture to guess it was just a game for him."

"You call those bugs harmless?" Sethe made a face at the crunched shells below him. A serious extermination job would be needed to rid the cantina of the remainder of the pestilence, the alchohol they'd spilled having felled not half the insects.

"A lethal game then." Jonas shrugged.

Tseneca unclipped her lightsaber and with one quick pass, removed the dummy's head from his shoulders. The wiring sparked but the cackling died down.

"Necessary?" Sethe asked, eyebrows raised.

"Oh, absolutely." Tseneca breathed a sigh of relief.

But no sooner had the group started to relax, but the holographic consoles sparked wide. They were surrounded by the flickering images of a man (woman?) with shock purple hair and a heavily made up face. He smiled wide, his own grin rivaling that of the mannaquinns.

"Did you have fun?" He said, his voice was innocuous, high and sultry all at once. "I hope that you did. It seems excersise is the best way to stay in shape." The recording continued. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mycah Lunn... "The Myc" is what the loop calls me, but you have your own choice in the matter. I didn't expect you to find friends so far from home, a small galaxy it would seem, but more luck for you with Selanno and his finely furred friend. Did you enjoy this afternoon's entertainment? It's high quality mind nourishment... you'll all have to bear that in mind. The buggies were an extra treat---"

"This is who we're dealing with?" Jonas remarked. "At least Nico knew when to stop yammering and get to the point"

"--But i'm certain you'll find them endearing in time." The recording had gone on uninterred. "I assume you'll be looking for your ship then? He who makes the deal both panhandles back and sews it shut... Thats the riddle, fun ones. Tag, you're it."

The recording shut off.

Daegon, eyebrows furrowed, stared at the spot where Mycah had dissapeared. "Do you thing that was a man or a woman?"

Tseneca shrugged. "Who knows? We have more pressing matters... like where the hell my ship is."

Daegon seemed to snap out of reverie. "Beggars canyon. Stone needle. 'He who makes the deal both panhandles back and sews it shut', that's a cakewalk, not a riddle."

"We'll need swoops." Sethe said. "Its best not to take the Escrow that far out, especially with happy fingers looking out for us." He thumbed toward the holo-port.

Tseneca looked at Daegon. "Thanks for helping us out here, even if we didn't need it to begin with you stuck around. That shows quite a bit of character." She wouldn't ask him for help finding the Leaper, they didn't need it, but something struck her as odd about the fact that not only had he not fled the Cantina when the trouble started, but he'd had nothing better to do but aid the situation. It was a sign of a man looking for work. "What's your angle, Selanno?"
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 02:42pm    Post subject:

Daegon brushed a handful of crushed insect carapaces off his duster, making a face as the gore spread to his hands. “Same angle as you,” he said innocently. “Looking to get my ship back.”

“You lost your ship?” Sethe echoed, releasing his protective grip on Tseneca.

Daegon spat on the dummy lying on the floor between them and nodded, his fingers hooked in his belt. “Yeah. Scum-sucker named Flax hired me to run some cargo for him. When we showed up at the rendezvous point, he tried to double-cross us. Wanted our cargo and–” he was a millisecond away from saying the bounty on me, but he quickly recovered, hoping none of them would notice, “–my ship. Even convinced one of my own crew to try and stab me in the back. We took out his goons, but when we got back to the ship, we found more of his mercs crawling all over it.”

Mal rumbled mournfully at the recollection. “<The Captain and I determined that the odds of taking back the ship were not favorable,>” he said. “<We decided to maintain a low profile and attempt to retake the ship once Flax moved it to one of the docking bays.>”

Tseneca raised an eyebrow. “A Corellian, worried about the odds?”

“Yeah, fancy that.” Daegon said. “‘Bout as common as a pregnant Jedi,” he continued nodding at Tseneca’s lightsaber pointedly. She either didn’t notice, or ignored it. “So what about you?” he asked, changing the subject. “What’s this nutjob’s beef with you, make him steal your ship like that?”

Already gears were turning in Daegon’s head as the beginnings of an idea formed. Fate might be kinder than I thought, he mused.

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, September 14th 2010 12:58pm    Post subject:

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=209
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Tatooine » The Devils End Cantina
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: