Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Help installing KOTOR 2
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Help installing KOTOR 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, August 28th 2010 05:18pm    Post subject: Help installing KOTOR 2

Okay, here's the lowdown:

I recently found a finished mod that restores most of the cut content from KOTOR 2 (Linky if any of you want to try it), and in my excitement I decided to borrow my friend's KOTOR 2 discs and install it on my PC (I have it for Xbox). The game installs no problem, but when I open the menu and click 'Game' to play it...nothing happens.

I think 'Okay...let's try this again.'

I uninstall the game, then put the play disc back in the drive to reinstall it, and nothing happens. It won't even let me load autorun to open the install menu. I've tried ordering it to run as administrator, opening My Computer and manually clicking on the drive it's in, and a few other tricks to get it to respond, but it does nothing.

Help? :(

I'm running W7 64-bit, if that helps.

"Do svidonya, mothaf**ka."
-Moff's reaction to spambots.
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sat, August 28th 2010 07:31pm    Post subject:

I ran it on a worse computer, no problems. I was very tempted (once I saw the lousy ending) to play through again with the deleted stuff, but I have this thing about playing games after I've finished them. Hmm... have you tried using a different drive? I'm assuming you have more than one. You could call Lucas Arts.

Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, August 28th 2010 07:35pm    Post subject:

I've read quite a lot of review of this particular mod, and from what I can tell it's very good. There was a lot of little story stuff that was cut, and once that's added everything makes SO much more sense. This particular mod adds everything but M4-78, I think. Some dialog fixes, bugs corrected, etc.

And I only have one harddrive, although my computer has an extra spot for another one so I can expand.

I actually was able to get the game reinstalled by trying it on a different user (A temporary one I set up when i first got the computer, before I got my files transferred and I never got around to deleting) but I had the same issue as before...

Although all of my friends' disks are pretty scratched up from use, so that might be it. Doesn't look all that bad, though, so I'm not sure.

"Do svidonya, mothaf**ka."
-Moff's reaction to spambots.
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sat, August 28th 2010 09:55pm    Post subject:

In my experience, even one good scratch can spoil a CD. Although, I good way to make sure it isn't your computer (especially a busted CD-ROM which I've had that happen before and it was a terrible experience) try installing it on another one. You could (if you're capable) extracting the files into an ISO disc image and use them that way.

Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, August 29th 2010 12:48am    Post subject:

Right-click the .exe icon in the file directory in your Harddrive and select properties.

Go to the Compatibility Tab and select:

'X' Run this program in compatibility mode for: (Windows XP (Service Pack 2))

'X' Run this program as an administer

Now repeat the process for all shortcuts, on the desktop and startbar, and try it again. I had similar problems with other programs, so this might fix it. This was on Vista mind you, and I'm not sure about W7 except that it has the same options in Properties. Good luck!
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Help installing KOTOR 2
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: