Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Haze Nightclub
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Corellian System » The Haze Nightclub
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, August 24th 2010 03:06am    Post subject: The Haze Nightclub

The Haze Nightclub

The Haze Nightclub has been in use since the end of the last Galactic War, being in operation for twenty or so years. It saw an influx of patrons and customers after The Oxanna Cantina was destroyed in an attack by Vera Nico. Nearly doubling it's normal intake.

-Founded 21 Galactic
-Owned by Zanatos Vest
-Building can support over seventy patrons at a time
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, August 25th 2010 12:34am    Post subject:

Sara stepped through the streets of Corellia, the trip from Naboo being daunting and full of dreaded thoughts of accidentally hurting someone. She was using all of her strength to keep her abilities in check, but still found a rock flinging in a random direction or a glass suddenly breaking at a sudden breach of security. Luckily no one was hurt, let alone care or pay attention to the minor actions as they went on with their business.
She sighed. She was feeling down and worse than she had ever felt in her life, though not as low as thinking she lost Jonas to The Sarlacc. One thing always seemed to get her out of this rut from Nar Shaddaa she was running into again. A good Corellian Ale. It was an expensive commodity in Shawn’s cantina on Shaddaa five years ago due to having to be imported. But here it’d be abundant and hopefully a little cheaper. She only had fifty credits to her name now, and a Corellian Ale on Shaddaa would cost that much for a bottle.
She noticed a nightclub just ahead of her a bit, The Haze it was called. She had been here once during her brief stay with Shawn here when they worked to get their ship to Kashyyyk four years ago. It was nearly empty though, the only thing it was good for was during the night in which the real party would begin. With what she hoped to get out of the ale, she wouldn’t want to be here in the late hours, drunk and up on stage stripping for who knows who.

She was allowed entrance quickly from the daytime bouncer. Entering the surprisingly familiar smells of The Haze reminded her of being twenty years old, getting drunk and having to be pulled out by Shawn as she slowly got out of the habit. But here she was walking up to the counter with a Corellian bartender behind said counter with a clean, yellow cloth.
“What can I get you?” the bartender asked as Sara sat down, a seat’s length away from a man with his head in his hands and a half empty drink in front of him, three or four fully empty ones surrounding it.
“Strongest Corellian Ale you have. And I’ll pay for the bottle. I’m gonna need it.”
“Thirty credits then please.” he extended his hand to her and she placed her credit chit in his hand, he inserted it into a slot underneath the counter and quickly returned it to her and left to retrieve the bottle.

Sara peered around the bar, heaving her shoulders after a heavy breath. Slouching as the weight of her powers began to settle in, no matter how much she tried and resisted. She looked at the man a seat over from her, his dark brown gouty getting soaked with alcohol as he took a sip of his drink, seemingly not getting fazed by it’s affects so far. He was more than likely a Corellian as well, they could hold their liquor and take more drinks than Non-Corellians.
She was snapped back to why she was here: Get drunk, pass out, and hopefully wake up on The Leaper. Wishing all of this was just one big, elaborate dream and that she’d wake up with her friends around her. Though the more she thought about it, the more she realized that Badim and Clare could have been apart of her dream as well, and might disappear.
Though she continued with it anyways, the worst thing that could happen is she wakes up in the bar with her head on the counter with nothing changed, except for a hangover.

The tall bottle of Corellian Ale clanked as it touched the countertop. A sliding sound followed as the bartender slid a glass her way, then popping the bottle open.
She gripped the two glass items, then tilted the bottle over to fill her glass cup. The gold liquid flowing and sloshing as it slowly gathered and filled.
She looked in the settling liquid quizzically, her hands gripping the side of the glass as the condensation built between her feeling fingers. She quickly realized that she might lose the little control she had over her powers, but continued to long for the drink’s soothing and inevitable blackout. She let off another heavy sigh in confliction.

Tag: Chukles
Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, August 25th 2010 11:45am    Post subject:

The speeder ride across Corellia had been uneventful and relaxing. The anger and betrayal that had permeated every inch of his being before was gone, soaked out by the beautiful environment of the planet, to be replaced by depression and a sense of profound loss. As he entered Coronet, he contemplated leaving then and there, but decided to have some drinks first. He ended up in a nice little club called The Haze. It was too early for their normal rush, so the place was pretty dead. Sean sat at the bar and ordered drink after drink and had been there for a few hours.

Sean being Sean, he of course noticed when a stunning young female came in and settled down s few seats next to him. At this point he had had his head down in his hands, trying to fight back the not the grief, but the rising sense of revenge he had inside him. He knew what Luke would say, and he knew the Jedi Master would be right. Regardless, Sean would find his father's killer. That was damn sure. No matter how hard he tried, he could not sway himself.

But, such dark thoughts were only worsening his mood, so he took to eying the girl to his right. She really was something, but she appeared troubled. Ah, all she needed was a good drinking buddy. Smoothly, Sean slipped off his stool and settled on the one right next to her just in time to hear her order an ale. Sean kept silent until she got it, then chose to speak. "You know, Ale is all well and good, but brandy... now, that's where it's at. A nice Corellian Brandy, especially if you're drinking to forget, like myself. Hey, Antony," Sean called to the barkeep, "Brandy for her... on me." Sean threw a look towards the girl, "All her drinks tonight are on me." The barkeep just nodded.

The girl responded with a quiet, "Thanks." After a few moments of silence, Sean began to speak, not looking at her but instead his half-empty glass of brandy.

"I'm starting to chase a dangerous criminal across the galaxy. He killed a good man. A very good man. Left a wife and kid behind. He didn't deserve to die, not now, not so young. The sins of the galaxy, that's what I'm running from tonight. The wickedness we possess. Yeah... tomorrow I'll deal with it, face it head on, but for today.... today I'll forget it in a bottle or ten of brandy." Sean smiled a lopsided grin before looking over at the girl. "A man who's runnin' can tell when someone else is. So, what are you running from, beautiful?"

When the girl responded, it was subdued and with a feeling of gloomy irony. "Myself."

Sean raised a brow at that. "Now, I hardly believe that there is anything in that beautiful body to run from. What can possibly be that bad?"

She took another moment to respond, and her response was much like her first. "Something I'm afraid I can't control... something that can hurt people."

Sean considered that for a moment. "Hmmm.... a valid fear, but... we can hurt anyone with anything we do. What can possibly be that bad?

Her third response was like unto the first two. "Just..." she paused as if in thought, "a dangerous shadow... you could say."

Sean could tell she was a cryptic sort, and... marginally depressing. Regardless, he was determined to get to know her better. Something about her called to him. "Oh?" He said, his voice interested, "Have you always had this shadow looming inside, or is this a recent development?"

"I.... I don't know." She said, her voice unsure. "It's just showing up all too fast for me to... comprehend."

Sean took a moment to process this. She was certainly an interesting girl, though obviously something was indeed troubling her. Sean wanted to help her, but it was hard with her being this cryptic. A straight answer would be magnificent about now.

"I guess...." She started again, cutting into Sean's thoughts, "you could say I've always had it, but never noticed."

Sean nodded now. "Always hard to learn something new about yourself, even if it's a good thing. Must have been a pretty grand revelation though, this dark and dangerous secret of yours."

She seemed to open up a bit with her next statement. "Heh. Yeah. Not to mention I had to leave my only friends, if I could even call them that, to protect them from it." She brushed some hair out of her eyes before looking at him for the first time. Her eyes were stunning. "So I guess you could say I'm pretty screwed up."

Sean chuckled before growing more serious. "To sacrifice yourself, and your happiness, for your friends is a noble act, not one to be ashamed of. But," his voice brightened marginally, "No worries. I'll be your friend. Seeing as it's unlikely we'll see each other again after tonight, care to tell me a bit about it?"

She got a little defensive now as she replied with, "Who says I need a friend right now?"

Sean merely cast her a small, lopsided smile, before saying, "Force knows, everyone needs a friend." He cast a glance over at her out of the corner of his eye. "Doubly so for you, I would think..."

Definitely a pleasant turn to the evening. Maybe Sean would even get to know her a little bit better by the time they parted ways.

The Dark and Winding Road First Previous Next Latest

"Your lightsaber will never fail you. Alcohol will always calm your nerves. And women..... well, they're just too good to go without." ~ Sean Tavell

Avi made graciously by Carn
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, August 25th 2010 12:30pm    Post subject:

This man she had seen getting drunk must have been a Corellian now. He seemed like he wasn’t affected by his drinks. Or maybe he was and he was just hiding it pretty well. Sara continued to stare into her drink, the bottle nearby and just asking her to gulp her drink down so it could refill it. The golden ale had settled flat, rippling when she tapped the side of the glass with her finger. She was brought out of her temporary trance at the man’s statement of being her friend. She’d been around the bush before. He was drunk, trying to get with her. She had been close to losing herself in this very cantina four years ago, and she didn’t plan on coming close to it again.
“What makes you think I need a friend? I’ve been alone before, I can take care of myself.” she was telling a half-truth. Kashyyyk had been a lonely place for anyone, and she longed for the friendship that she had with Diann before she died. She needed friends. But all of her real friends had left. And gods know if Jonas was being sincere in his claim of him feeling the two were friends. Maybe it was a Jedi Mind Trick from Lucas just to get her to feel a little better, then leave the two to screw. She scoffed in her head, her thoughts always seemed to go back to Jonas. It was best that she leave for that purpose alone, better than risking the glowing end of Lucas’ lightsaber.
The man next to her was silent for a quick moment while she thought, his voice quickly filling her ear again, "…I can see it in your eyes…” Sara refrained from humoring him by showing him her eyes again, and after a moment he continued, “But like I said, everyone needs a friend. We weren't born to live alone." She hated her abilities, she could actually feeling him grinning through The Force, and a quick glance out of the side of her eye confirmed it, "There wouldn't be so damn much of us if we were.”

Sara couldn’t help but chuckle at least, shaking her head and a mused smile off of her face.
"I guess you're right on that note. But I still think I need to be alone with what I'm going through..."
He let off a laugh, leaning back in his chair as his attempts were failing, "Which brings us right back to where this started. What are you going through, I wonder..."

Maybe it’d scare him off, so she finally decided to let her recent secret out, "I can use the Force, so my friends told me."

His eyes widened slightly, “Ahhhh… so that’s it.” he paused, rubbing the hairs on his gouty in thought. She knew he was still trying to find a way to get to her, though he surprised her when he continued, "So... tell me... did the universe explode, leaving fire burning where life filled it? Perhaps it was more like seeing the ocean for the first time, then wading out, letting it envelope you until it was all you knew, all you saw. Others describe it as being blind their whole life, until the moment when, inexplicably, unexpectedly, they can see…” he took a breather, collecting his alcohol filled thoughts as he tried to get the correct words in line, “I've heard it all ways. Me personally, It was like I had been falling, seeing the world rushing at me, threatening to destroy me. Each and every day, I faced the ground, knowing that inevitably I'd be crushed. And then it happened. It seemed as though my fear was gone, and I understood that I wouldn't hit the ground, because life thrived around me...you know what, every time I tell someone this, they laugh. My explanation is... odd, for most people.…”

The man laughed, Sara quickly following in his wake in disbelief, "You can't be serious. You want me to believe you can use the Force too?"

"It's not as rare as you think. The Force is something different for all of us. To some, it's a tool, a weapon. Some, a liberator. Others, it's a prison. There is a secret though, that few understand. The Force is to you whatever you want it to be. Don't let it frighten you. It's a beautiful thing."

"Well," she said, fiddling with her drink as she continued to stare at the gold mixture inside, "It frightens me. I've only witnessed it, not felt it. And it scares me."

The man nodded, "It's..... strange, the first time you experience it. We grow our whole lives unaware. So closed off, so ignorant. Suddenly, we're opened to it. It overwhelms us. We don't understand it, and we fear it. Ignorance breeds fear.... Hmm...... why is it I either get stupid or philosophical when I get drunk....." His sight drifted around the bar and the nightclub, the wee hours slowly approaching and people starting to come in. Though Sara was safe from her former stripping endeavor if she could cut this conversation short and get out of here. But curiosity got the better of her, this man was speaking with a wisdom of sorts and she couldn’t help but continue.
Her eyes shifted away from her ale and slowly to the man, “So…” she asked as her eyes met his, “You’re a Jedi?”

He let off a quick laugh, "I don't know... maybe, maybe not... I could always show you my... lightsaber... and let you decide... wait... fooocus..."

That was where she drew the line. This man was just drunk and blurting whatever drunken non-sense came to his mind to try and get to her. She slowly rose from her chair when his sights turned back to his drink, leaving the ale behind to make a hasty escape. But her tongue slipped, "And for a split second I thought you could help me with this,” she scoffed as she turned away from him, “Looks like I should have stayed with Kyp."

A wave of energy wrapped around her, the same feeling from Naboo when Kyp tried to stop her. She was suddenly jolted back and into the lap of the man, his arms around her waist as she tried to contemplate what he had been saying this whole time. Her heart jumping at the suddenness of all of this.

"Why would you want to hang with a stick-in-the-mud like Kyp?” he said as he tightened his arms around her, his hand slowly drifting, “He's not nearly as fun as he used to be."

Sara’s face showed a clear sign of distress, and Antony was in a backroom and unable to assist. She instantly began to struggle out of the man’s grip, trying to call upon the power she had been suppressing to try and break free. “At least Kyp respects women.” she hissed as she continued to wrestle out of the man’s grip.
The man’s eyes widened, and after a moment of struggling he released his hold of her. She almost fell on the floor with how hard she was trying to escape, and the energy around her body had finally broken free. She looked back at him after she regained her footing, his elbows resting on the counter and his hands supporting his head.
"I'm... sorry. I knew I should have stopped a few drinks ago..."

She contemplated, this man was a Jedi, and possibly in the same situation she was. Her mind and body tugged at her turning on her feet and scrambling out of the nightclub, and get off the planet. Though, if he was a Jedi he could help her with her problem, as long as it was when he was sober. She slowly went back to her seat, sitting on the farthest edge of it to give her just a little distance if needed.
"I've been there before. At least you and I keep sober enough to at least keep our heads a little clear...Jedi?"
He let off another laugh, "Probably the poorest excuse for a Jedi you've met, but, aye."

She considered Lucas, with his emotions not being in check lately, like it should have been with other Jedi she assumed. But shook her head and chuckled, “Probably," she looked down for a minute, then asked, "So where were you going with all that, philosophical stuff?"

Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, August 25th 2010 01:46pm    Post subject:

Sean thought for a moment, trying to recall what she was asking about. It hit him a moment later. "Right, right. So, you have two options ahead of you now, because you can't go back. You can never go back. You must either attempt to live the rest of your life denying who you are, where I doubt you will find any true measure of happiness, or you must embrace this and do with it what you will. It's really not so scary. You just need someone to guide you." Sean really wasn't quite as drunk as he pretended to be, but it was fun to let her think he was.

"And who would you recommend? The legendary Skywalker?" she asked, perhaps a bit of sarcasm in her voice. Maybe Sean was a little bit more drunk than he thought.... no, no, it was the loud music that had just kicked on that hindered his ability to sense sarcasm. Regardless, Sean laughed before speaking.

"Luke would be an excellent choice, but..... well, I'm not looking forward to seeing him right now. I'm sure I have a nice scolding in store for me. I think, if you wanted him to train you, you'd be on your own for the time being."

"So who would you recommend as an alternative?" She asked, seeming genuinely interested.

The mirth in Sean's voice left and his expression became just noticeably downcast. "My own master is dead. Kyp is a little too.... something. The Solos are all unavailable, really. I would train you, of course, but.... well.... you wouldn't want that." Sean stared down into his almost empty glass as he drifted away into his thoughts.

"Well. Doesn't sound like I have a choice, now do I? Every 'good' master is unavailable, and I need help with this."

"heh. I have my own share of issues. I'm not quite the well composed, happy person i appear to be." Sean flashed her a grin after his comment, but the smile didn't reach his eyes.

Whether she noticed or not is a mystery, because she responded with a bit of mirth, chuckling after her statement. "Yeah, you seem drunk."

Sean smiled a little more genuinely now. "Helps me forget."

"Probably why I'm here, too." the girl said, taking her turn to be a bit melancholy.

Sean lost himself in thought for a long moment before making up his mind, draining his glass and slamming it down on the counter as he did so. Antony threw him a wary glare. "Tell ya what. If you don't mind tagging along behind a bitter, depressed Jedi on his mission of justice, I'll teach you a few things along the way. Heaven knows i probably need the company"

The girl thought in kind, and when she made up her mind, she too drained her glass... though she set it down much more carefully than Sean had his. "I wouldn't mind, just as long as I get some training with The Force along the way."

Sean laughed openly now. "Trust me. You'll hate me when we're done, but you won't hate the force anymore." He shot her a quick wink.

"Probably." she said, answering him with a smile of her own. Just don't make any moves on me and we should be fine." She added, laughing with Sean now.

Sean winked again before saying, "No promises"

After a slight pause, the girl said, "It might be the ale, but I was afraid you were going to say that."

His good humor returned, Sean laughed as he stood. "Come on, beautiful. We have a murderer to catch and sobering up to do before we catch him." As she stood, Sean slapped her playfully on the behind.

"Watch it, buddy." She said, throwing him a glare. "And my name's Sara."

"Sean, Jedi Knight" He said with a florid bow. He then wrapped an arm gently around her waist and gestured out the door. "Shall we to my ship then?"

Sara discretely pulled his arm off of her waist. "Yes, but please tell me you have a separate cabin?"

"Of course, of course." Sean, being a little too tipsy to actually grasp that he was invading her personal space and she did not appreciate it, wrapped an arm around her shoulders and lead the way to the hanger housing Nova Hound. He thought he remembered the way.

Tag: Carn
The Dark and Winding Road First Previous Next Latest

"Your lightsaber will never fail you. Alcohol will always calm your nerves. And women..... well, they're just too good to go without." ~ Sean Tavell

Avi made graciously by Carn
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Corellian System » The Haze Nightclub
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: