Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Ardna Lankin
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Applications » Ardna Lankin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ardna Lankin
Butters

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 06:33pm    Post subject: Ardna Lankin

Player Nickname (will be displayed under your account name): Butters
Name: Ardna Lankin
Species: Human
Homeworld: Rintonne
Desired Faction: Neutral
Desired Occupation: Lambda Sector Moff
Force Sensitivity: No.
Anything you'd like to tell us about the character: He is brash, independent and sometimes stubborn, but never to be underestimated.

Summarized Biography:

Ardna was born to a local affluent family on Rintonne, the Lankin family. His father, Aren, was an Imperial officer during the Clone Wars and a staunch supporter of the Empire. He went to the academy at the age of 17 and easily became a lieutenant upon graduating from the Raithal Academy. He would serve aboard the Hellstorm, a proud Imperial Star Destroyer, after his training there. While serving the Sector Moff Par Lankin, his uncle, in 2 ABY he became the captain of the Hellstorm. When Par Lankin became a warlord in the aftermath of the Battle of Endor two years later he made Ardna an Admiral. When Natasi Daala began to reunify the Empire Par Lankin refused to join remaining a warlord. Ardna learned the truth about his uncle who figured he would join him after making him an Admiral. Daala would eventually kill Par Lankin and gave another control over the sector leaving Ardna an Admiral. When Daara Zend came to power in 13 Galactic he switched his loyalties to remain a part of the "true" Empire continuing as Admiral over the sector fleet. When she disappeared in 20 Galactic, the Sector broke out into a civil war. While some wanted to follow the Moff who had been appointed under Zend others, like on Rintonne, wanted a local. They lined up behind Ardna Lankin and he personally assumed the rank of Moff having the other publicly executed. Rintonne became the capital of a unified sector under his personal control.

He is Moff over the Lambda Sector. Since Par Lankin, who had a vast sector fleet under his command, the fleet Ardna now commands has diminished between civil wars, shifting factions and pirate raids. This proud backwater sector is filled with systems that have little to no importance that must now rely on each other. Lankin is suddenly confronted with an intense pirate insurrection and criminal overlords who conflict with his own official control, the little he has left. He must protect the region. Rebuilding his tarnished reputation, as well as a military, and rectifying his inability to stem the pirate menace. This has coincided with the reemergence of Zend, however, there is a new Emperor in the Imperial Remnant. He will eventually have to choose a side, but for now, he'll be on his own. Who knows what this man can or will do in a galaxy trying to piece itself back together. One thing is for sure his ability to manipulate events has made him an unpredictable political force and a force to not be underestimated or ignored.

(So, what I'm doing here is exploring both the independent factions from the New Republic and the Empire and creating its reaction to Sarta the Hutt and his criminal organization, which will be the main purpose of his character. I've also enlisted him in another plot with Lumiya, the Dark Lady of the Sith. If there are any questions about this, please don't hesitate to ask them.)

EDIT: So, I'm changing this, yet again, after a conversation with Moff. I guess I overlooked that part about a vast fleet, very sorry. Also, I suppose I hadn't fully developed his character either as separate from the warlord movement after the Empire imploded. That ultimately is my fault, careless I guess. To change it, his fleet is more or less been completely built through sector resources. Think Indonesia, little dictator over a lot of islands who likes to keep the place clean (just because he likes to keep it that way).

I also changed his entire background as well, I realized I made him an Admiral at the ripe old age of 6. I guess you could call that a plot hole.
:P
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 06:43pm    Post subject:

The Lambda sector? O_o

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ardna Lankin
Butters

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 06:45pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
The Lambda sector? O_o

Yes. The Lambda Sector. :P
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, August 05th 2010 02:03am    Post subject:

Sorry to rain on the Parade, but if you're a Moff, it's not with the Lambda Sector. :p

It's not anywhere near Imperial territory. Sorry about that. :oops:

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ardna Lankin
Butters

Post Posted: Thu, August 05th 2010 02:11am    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Sorry to rain on the Parade, but if you're a Moff, it's not with the Lambda Sector. :p

It's not anywhere near Imperial territory. Sorry about that. :oops:

No, no, no. According to the map, Rintonne isn't there at all. The Sector, however, is canonly in the Imperial Remnant, so technically, just like Zhar, is still your territory. I could be wrong, of course.
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, August 05th 2010 12:48pm    Post subject:

We'll discuss via PM and IM.

Expand

Back to top »
Ardna Lankin
Butters

Post Posted: Tue, August 10th 2010 01:08pm    Post subject:

Sorry about my confusion with the map, this should fix all the inconsistencies with this character and the galactic map.
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Wed, August 18th 2010 09:44pm    Post subject:

Admin bump, awaiting player response to PM.

Expand

Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Wed, August 18th 2010 11:11pm    Post subject:

Also, I'm interested to see you playing a Moff who's not entirely sure of his loyalties, but unfortunately being a warlord in the IR in the last twenty years is not possible. =/ It's already been established that the era of the warlords ended with Daala and then Zend, and there have been no warlords from that time until now. It's entirely possible that you could break off from the IR to join the TE after the game has started, though.

Sorry if that causes any problems. Let us know so we can get this app approved ASAP. :)
Moff

Post Posted: Wed, August 18th 2010 11:13pm    Post subject:

But... to be in the IR, you'd have to change your sector. Just to clarify/reiterate. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Ardna Lankin
Butters

Post Posted: Thu, August 19th 2010 03:00am    Post subject:

It was never my sole intention to create a Moff within the IR, just to be clear. I think a lot of the confusion came from that, but he is simply a character that needs to fill a role. I think I've changed everything to everyone's satisfaction.
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, August 21st 2010 10:58pm    Post subject:

All right... I guess the issue is that you're asking for a Moff—an Imperial character—who is not part of the Remnant. You also say he holds sizable assets (a sector fleet). How long has he been independent? Weeks? Months? Years?

And if it's an extended period of time... why has he maintained his domain unmolested either by New Republic diplomats and instigators, or Imperial fleets? We're much prefer he's not a proper warlord, since we have a rather strict "no warlords" setup. I guess I'm not seeing how the character works anymore, given the restraints of the story, the astropolitical situation, and the rules and policies of CMAC.

I'm trying to think of how... but short of something significant being altered—that is, something that, to date, you've remained latched onto—I'm at a loss. :?

Expand

Back to top »
Ardna Lankin
Butters

Post Posted: Sat, August 21st 2010 11:34pm    Post subject:

Moff is a universal term. It means literally someone who controls a Sector, it was used by the Republic and the Empire. Thats what he is. Not a warlord, but a leader over a sector. However, if its the name you're having a problem with or the fact he has a fleet under his command, I'll change them. But, maybe I'm the one who is confused. I just thought some areas of the galaxy, like a backwater area, would want to stay together to defend itself. Maybe I should clarify that better? Because I thought I did...
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, August 21st 2010 11:38pm    Post subject:

Actually, it was used by the Ancient Republic. Then the Sith Empire used it and it fell out of use for four thousand years. Then Palpatine brought it back... with the Empire and it's daughter states being the sole modern user.

Also... the uniform also suggests an Imperial connection. So don't try that game.:p

Anyway, we'll talk on PM. The next post here needs to either be a yes or no on the app instead of a "we're not sure."

Expand

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Wed, September 01st 2010 10:59pm    Post subject:

Application approved with the modifications we discussed... at great length. :p

And, for future reference, please edit said modifications into the main post for easier tracking, eh?

Expand

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Applications » Ardna Lankin
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: