Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Search for Celeste Morne
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » The Search for Celeste Morne
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 04:56pm    Post subject: The Search for Celeste Morne

I had another crazy idea today. I was reading over Force users, attempting to figure out some way to have Upari use his powers either to save someone or really just understand them and make them part of his story. Then, I found it, Celeste Morne. Basically the idea is a side-plot – The Search for Celeste Morne - Starring Luke Skywalker, Kyle Fenris and his apprentice Thomas Heckler. :P

She is insane and alone, but a brave few will try to rescue her and save her from her madness, the madness of the Muur Talisman. Along the way they will face the terrible Rakghoul menace, some will fall but at the end of this journey, they will be rewarded with new knowledge and a bold new ally.

So, who wants in? (Note: I'm pretty good at coordination and answering questions, if you contact me through MSN or PM, though I strongly prefer MSN just because of convenience. This will also be heavily consisted of joint posts and actions so MSN is a near must.) Hey, Han aren't a bunch of your characters FS? I'm calling pretty much all of them for this quest.

Tag: Alex, Cheapy, Chukles, Han, Orrion Carn

Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 05:27pm    Post subject:

I would love a plot with Skywalker, and anything dark is cool.

Lumiya might even be interested, just tossing that idea out there. Not sure if I want to use her though, she is sorta like my secret, evil character just waiting in the dark for the right moment, before she exposes herself.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 05:31pm    Post subject:

I might also be able to join, but only if I decide to have Sara become FS, which judging what everyone is saying over PMs and MSN, it doesn't look like everyone would be okay with that idea.

So, we'll see. I want to have Sara be FS, but if it's gonna tick off or annoy a few people then it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have Sara be FS.

But the whole plot sounds really good, and if I can't join, I'll definately be reading about it.
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 05:33pm    Post subject:

Badim Soilding wrote:
I might also be able to join, but only if I decide to have Sara become FS, which judging what everyone is saying over PMs and MSN, it doesn't look like everyone would be okay with that idea.

So, we'll see. I want to have Sara be FS, but if it's gonna tick off or annoy a few people then it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have Sara be FS.

But the whole plot sounds really good, and if I can't join, I'll definately be reading about it.

You could create an original-different FS character. :P
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 05:40pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You could create an original-different FS character. :p

Lol! I have had an Original-different FS character... Koshina... But she got unapped because I hate having to work with established FS characters, ones that already have their powers and such. Not only that I just got really bored with her :p

I like doing ones that have to build up or something. But I suck when it comes to new characters, and the only cast I'm currently sticking with it are the ones I have right now.

So, call me crazy. I like Sara, but I'm starting to run out of ideas for her because she doesn't have the seven year blank canvas Badim has.

Anyways, we can talk this one over MSN or PM... Again :p

Sorry I brought Sara into this, Butters, your thread. LET'S START TALKING CELESTE! :p
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 09:40pm    Post subject:

Uh... guys... this needs to be cleared by CMAC due to certain elements involved. Next time, ask us first, then make the thread. ;)

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 12:15am    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Uh... guys... this needs to be cleared by CMAC due to certain elements involved. Next time, ask us first, then make the thread. ;)

I agree, and I believe Butters was sending a PM. Two things, though, if I may.

1. This is the assessment thread - Not the RPG Forums. Are we allowed to discuss options with other players, see who is on board, before going to CMAC with a plot? If no one was interested, this entire option might have disappeared and all the time you guys spend discussing it, would have been wasted. Otherwise, I can see everyone sending in drafts of plots, which obviously change in nature. I don't know, depends on how much time you have on your hands to really discuss these types of "possible plots".

2. If this is not the correct thread/forum for players to discuss options and plot ideas with others, which one do you prefer? Should another be created? A lot of us are online at different times, and Private Messaging is usually a pain to coordinate between multiple players. IM only works if we all have a moment. This seems to be the best way to figure out what we would want to do, ask CMAC after we have a final draft, then make corrections/additions accordingly.

Up to you, but I do not think Butters was attempting to go around CMAC at all. Han was even tagged. He's relatively new to the RPG, and I suggested over MSN to send a PM to someone in CMAC considering the elements.

Tag: Han, Cray, Moff
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 12:25am    Post subject:

Assuming it were approved, I'd like to get in, but I don't think it would be possible on my end. Dryas is kind of linked to whatever Denora is up to at the moment, so that would require he either get sent along (which, given the reason he's hanging out with the Bogden crowd would be a tad odd) or that Denora himself be involved as well, and I can't possibly speak for what Jase has planned for his character.

Nick, meanwhile, doesn't even know he's got Force power yet, and even if he did, I'm not sure how long he'll be stationed off on the far edge of the galaxy for.

So yeah, I'd like to get in on it, I just don't see it being feasible for me.
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 12:48am    Post subject:

Lucas Pallanén-Davad wrote:
Ams Jendob wrote:

I agree, and I believe Butters was sending a PM. Two things, though, if I may.

1. This is the assessment thread - Not the RPG Forums. Are we allowed to discuss options with other players, see who is on board, before going to CMAC with a plot? If no one was interested, this entire option might have disappeared and all the time you guys spend discussing it, would have been wasted. Otherwise, I can see everyone sending in drafts of plots, which obviously change in nature. I don't know, depends on how much time you have on your hands to really discuss these types of "possible plots".

2. If this is not the correct thread/forum for players to discuss options and plot ideas with others, which one do you prefer? Should another be created? A lot of us are online at different times, and Private Messaging is usually a pain to coordinate between multiple players. IM only works if we all have a moment. This seems to be the best way to figure out what we would want to do, ask CMAC after we have a final draft, then make corrections/additions accordingly.

Up to you, but I do not think Butters was attempting to go around CMAC at all. Han was even tagged. He's relatively new to the RPG, and I suggested over MSN to send a PM to someone in CMAC considering the elements.

Well, it doesn't hurt if Moffy would get on MSN every once and awhile so I could discuss these things, hint, hint, (Big font just so I'm clear). :P

And I will say, that as Alex has explained, I didn't think it would hurt to see who would even be up to do the plotline. Especially if I didn't want to wait for the response from CMAC, which I knew would be delayed since Cray isn't back yet.

I also see your point, though, Moff and I do concede some naiveté on the way the process works now. I'm really just trying to create a well-planned story, which will mean better execution that will make it worth while and fun for everyone involved. I really didn't think it would hurt to post what would amount to posting out of character as if this were all in yellow text. I still haven't heard back from people who would be essential to the plot, but rarely get on, which made moving now advantageous for when this gets started later on.

Tag: Han, Cray, Moff

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 12:51am    Post subject:

Quote:

An excellent point, actually. After all, it would suck if someone had to do a giant pitch, get us on board... then no one wants in. :p

Quote:

Well, I didn't say he was. ;) Although, the implication could've been made, mistakenly or otherwise, but no one actually made it.

My only concern is that you guys get all kinds of fired up for something... and we say no for some reason. :\

So, ultimately it boils down to which is the lesser of evils... consult CMAC first and hammer out any possible game-breaking kinks there before gauging interest, or gauging interest and risking it gets shot down. Basically, six of one...

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 04:22pm    Post subject:

It has literally been like three months (a lot of the reason it seemed to die) since this was just an idea for a plot and I have had a lot of time to plan it out (not to mention badger the admins for it to be approved). I hope once it is approved it will look like this:

Thomas Heckler and The Search for Celeste Morne (Muur Talisman)!
_Pirates of Enarc (planet)

Enarc was a Trade Federation distribution center controlled by Customs Vizier Marath Vooro, who refused to acknowledge the authority of acting Viceroy Sentepeth Findos. On the planet and in space, however, loose regulation has led to rampant corruption and to the Enarc pirates. They are headquartered near the Obligon Nebula in the Naboo star system. While there main operations focus on Naboo, they scourer the Enarc Run after they have identified ships on Enarc that they track down and board, one of the ships happened to be Celeste Morne’s B-Wing making its way to Naboo (who is being driven by the Muur Talisman to discover the galaxy at this point).

_Capture of Celeste Morne by Sarta the Hutt

After Atzerri, Sarta puts huge bounties on FS heads looking to get his revenge on Fenris who destroyed his operations on Atzerri. The pirates happen across her and confine her in carbonite.

_Visions

Her capture will send tremors through the Force, while Upari is meditating with Luke Skywalker, Muur disguised as Morne speaks to them.

_Search

Upari searches out an old contact on Mon Gazza who leads him to Sarta and his palace on Kabal. (Up to this point, his base has been a secret)

_Rescue

Sarta realizes she isn't Fenris, but pays just the same when he is contacted by Lumiya who has had similar visions about her being captured and makes an offer for her. Secretly, Muur is hoping to lure Lumiya there so he can take her body over at the same time lure the Jedi there to have them killed. Lumiya is drawn in hoping to get herself an apprentice in Morne. The Jedi get there as Sarta is selling her to Lumiya and a battle ensues.

_Ruusan and the End of Muur

They depart for Ruusan (its a Force nexus) it will be important for using shatterpoint to destroy the Talisman and keeping Morne alive using the Force when they free her from it. The pirate Captain Kooila Vil'tey, desperate for extra cash and territory, is contacted by Vergere who is part of the Krath Society. She is able to convince him to accept her offer (also trying to get Celeste. She wants the Talisman and to turn Celeste for her master, Darth Krayt).

Kooila, however, contacts Upari ahead of time warning him he will attack the planet Daalang and that it is a trap. They get to Ruusan where another battle with Lumiya (who has followed them there) ensues only after they use shatterpoint to destroy the Talisman are they all able to push her back, forcing her to flee the planet. My plan is after this happens, she joins the Elusive fighting beside Upari who has freed her from the Talisman to track down and permanently destroy the Krath Society and Lumiya (should lead into Scepter Quest).

Don't worry admins, no one is getting turned into a Rakghoul! :P

Tag: Alex, Cheapy, Chukles, Han, Cray, Zara, Space Jawa, Jase

Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 08:10am    Post subject:

Thomas Heckler wrote:

Kooila, however, contacts Upari ahead of time warning him he will attack the planet Daalang and that it is a trap. They get to Ruusan where another battle with Lumiya (who has followed them there) ensues only after they use shatterpoint to destroy the Talisman are they all able to push her back, forcing her to flee the planet. My plan is after this happens, she joins the Elusive fighting beside Upari who has freed her from the Talisman to track down and permanently destroy the Krath Society and Lumiya (should lead into Scepter Quest).

? Not sure I understand that part....

Also, what involvement from Jase and his minio- Jedi were you expecting?

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 01:22pm    Post subject:

Jase Denora wrote:
Thomas Heckler wrote:

? Not sure I understand that part....

Also, what involvement from Jase and his minio- Jedi were you expecting?

That part was rushed, could you tell? :P

Anyways, basically, Koolia is a pirate character I created just for this plot in that area. Vergere (a Sith) who works for the Krath (a secret society of Sith cultists) and her master Darth Krayt (who is still in hiding on Korriban) will contact Koolia to attack Daalang (a planet on the way to Ruusan). Vergere wants to attack Daalang because it will draw the Elusive there and Upari into a trap. This will create a distraction for her to steal the Talisman/convert Celeste Morne whatever works.

Just to clarify, we're taking Morne to Ruusan because it is a force nexus, force powers are enhanced on these kinds of worlds, such as shatterpoint. The whole point is to destroy the Talisman itself and create a kind of grand journey that will be fun for everyone involved. Once she is freed from the Talisman, she will join the crew because now, with the Krath back, she has purpose again as a fellow Jedi. Does all that make sense?

Your role I think has something to do with Dryas:

Quote:
Assuming it were approved, I'd like to get in, but I don't think it would be possible on my end. Dryas is kind of linked to whatever Denora is up to at the moment, so that would require he either get sent along (which, given the reason he's hanging out with the Bogden crowd would be a tad odd) or that Denora himself be involved as well, and I can't possibly speak for what Jase has planned for his character.

Nick, meanwhile, doesn't even know he's got Force power yet, and even if he did, I'm not sure how long he'll be stationed off on the far edge of the galaxy for.

So yeah, I'd like to get in on it, I just don't see it being feasible for me.

Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 12:17am    Post subject:

Hey guys,

CMAC did have a chance to review this and we all came to an agreement to allow this to move forward. As with the Ragnos plot, we came up with some stipulations we would like you to follow to ensure that this plot goes as smooth as possible.

First and foremost, the talisman and all the power surrounding it needs to be destroyed or quenched by the end of the plot. We don't want any kickbacks or issues to pop up later on down the line that could potentially interfere with the overall flow of the game. It seems like you guys are already planning to destroy the device, so this doesn't look to be a big issue.

We also ask that you keep things far enough away from Republic/Core/Imperial words that it won't interfere with Daara's reign of terror and the plot surrounding that. Again, it seems like you are already planning to do this, so no big deal.

And this is just a general reminder and a carry-over from the other thread, but before planning out an entire plot with set characters, please check with the players behind those characters to ensure that they are on board for the entire show. We don't want to drag people into plots that they have no intentions of participating in.

With that said, have fun!

Also, I'm planning to have one of my characters participate in this, just not sure which one yet. Any suggestions from you guys?
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 01:00am    Post subject:

Han Solo wrote:
And this is just a general reminder and a carry-over from the other thread, but before planning out an entire plot with set characters, please check with the players behind those characters to ensure that they are on board for the entire show. We don't want to drag people into plots that they have no intentions of participating in.

With that said, have fun!

Also, I'm planning to have one of my characters participate in this, just not sure which one yet. Any suggestions from you guys?

Just to keep the record straight, I made sure I talked to everyone before inviting them into the plot, most of it was through PMs.

Um... I don't know who all of your characters are, but would be glad to work it out with you. I love to be as inclusive as possible. :)

Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 01:23am    Post subject:

Okay, cool! It was just a general reminder and not directed solely at you. Just wanted to make sure that everyone was on the same page before proceeding.

As for my characters, I have Jaina, my NRI agent, Greth Celchu and of course, Han. I also plan to add a bounty hunter within the next couple of days. He's a possibility as well.
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 11:57am    Post subject:

To give this a timeframe - well I was hoping to start this after Upari's meeting with the Commander-in-Chief (this is after he receives command over a fleet and is sent to the backwater worlds) and he is initiated as a Jedi/becomes an apprentice to Kyle who have a vision together about Celeste being captured and this officially starts the search. (Mid to late septemberish?)

Let me give roles to yurbody.

1. After Atzerri, Sarta the Hutt puts huge bounties on Force-Sensitives to get his revenge. The pirates happen across Celeste Morne and confine her in Carbonite (My little end around for Rakghoul shizznat).

Sarta the Hutt is the focus at this point [which is my character] she'll be delivered to his palace on Kabal. He'll be contacted by Lumiya [who saw her in a vision/was waiting for her/had a spy on the inside, etc. its at Alex's discretion where that goes just PM me what you are thinking] offering him credits for her and especially the Talisman.

2. Her capture will send tremors through the Force, while Upari is meditating with Luke Skywalker (I think this should happen relatively soon after he is initiated as a Jedi). At this point Muur is in control and is capable of disguising himself as Morne to speak to them (makes sense, he wants out and Upari or Kyle being Grey would make perfect targets, Luke is always a usual suspect). - It might be a good time for Han to interject her character (I don't know, hired by Stori-Rahvin [he is an NPC I created that you can use for an initial meeting], the Chairman of the Council of Intelligence and Security, hoping to look after Upari and to make sure there is not a repeat of the Atzerri Incident.)

3. Seeing Kabal in a vision, Upari searches out an old contact on Mon Gazza who leads him to Sarta, which is a closely guarded secret. Obviously this guy is high up and works for Sarta, so, he's going to tell him Heckler is on his way. This gives Lumiya a chance to reach Kabal herself and set a trap (How's that sound Alex, want to do anything special for it? I know you like to go all out.)

4. Before Sarta is ready to sell Celeste, stage left enters Upari and his gang of merry men (and women...) to the rescue. This distracts them from letting her out (another end around Rakghoul bull). A small battle between Upari, Fenris and Luke (only if he decides to come and not just Kyle to search this out, remember, he had past experience with her and they are on good terms).

5. They depart for Ruusan which is a Force nexus and this intensifies force powers. This will help keep Morne alive (healing trance) and give us the ability to use shatterpoint (I think Denora would be a great guy to come along since he is apparently really good at this kind of magi-I mean Force style). Shatterpoint was used to destroy the Talisman in the actual storyline.

6. In jumps another character with an ominous agenda. The pirate Captain Kooila Vil'tey, desperate for extra cash and territory, is contacted by Vergere [which is another of my characters] who is part of the Krath Society. She is able to convince him to accept her offer (also trying to get Celeste. She wants the Talisman and to turn Celeste for her master, Darth Krayt).

7. Kooila, however, contacts Upari ahead of time warning him he will attack the planet Daalang and that it is a trap. The pirate attack is meant to draw him in, then his fleet is supposed to join with another pirate fleet under and kill Upari. Instead, he joins the Elusive in a battle against Romort Raort (Who Sarta will hire in hopes of catching Upari).

8. They get to Ruusan where another battle with Lumiya (who has followed them there) ensues over Celeste who is controlled by Muur, hoping to kill the Jedi and take Lumiya, until they use shatterpoint to destroy the Talisman and force Lumiya back.

Sounds good?

I would love to add in a Bothan somewhere - Space Jawa - but I don't know anything about your character. I know you wanted in, but I need to know more to give him a role. Jase, will Denora be to tied up for the role I recommended or do you have other characters you'd rather add in? Sorry, Alex and Chukles, if it seemed like I gave your roles very little room for choice, I'm open for any appropriate logical changes if they become necessary.

Tag: Alex, Han, Cheapy, Space Jawa, Jase, Chukles

Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 02:21pm    Post subject:

I'm go on all points, but I want Lumiya's identity to be a secret. So she'll cover herself up, and use a green lightsaber.

(Which I'll have to kill someone to get one.... <_< )
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 06:06pm    Post subject:

Or you could just build one? Green crystals are everywhere :P

Anyway, Brot- Butters, Jase will be available for this plot; and he can bring Dryas and Sahana with him. The apprpriate characters will just need to seek out his assistance.

"I love the Imperial Army! I can blow things up and they usually don't yell at me for it!"
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 06:15pm    Post subject:

That is much less fun. :P
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 07:40pm    Post subject:

Zero wrote:
Or you could just build one? Green crystals are everywhere :P

Isn't it like standard practice to purge Jedi at this point? I mean, whats one more for the lightsaber?

Quote:
Anyway, Brot- Butters, Jase will be available for this plot; and he can bring Dryas and Sahana with him. The appropriate characters will just need to seek out his assistance.

Who knows of his existence except Skywalker? I really hate revelations ("oh, we need to know how to use Shatterpoint, I know this guy..."). I guess I'll have to think about how to logically contact him or maybe why he'd be drawn into the plot? Honestly, the whole idea of a group vision really solves a lot of loose ends and makes more sense to me. Since instead of indirect knowledge, its a direct and purposeful contact. Tell me what you think.

Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 07:51pm    Post subject:

Thomas Heckler wrote:

Who knows of his existence except Skywalker? I really hate revelations ("oh, we need to know how to use Shatterpoint, I know this guy..."). I guess I'll have to think about how to logically contact him or maybe why he'd be drawn into the plot? Honestly, the whole idea of a group vision really solves a lot of loose ends and makes more sense to me. Since instead of indirect knowledge, its a direct and purposeful contact. Tell me what you think.

Uh... let's see, he's actually a member of the High Council, so.... presumably any Jedi in the Order should know of him; and I also assume that his skill with prescision Force manipulation would be known and give cause to him being sought out for this.

But what do I know? :P

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Expand
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 08:05pm    Post subject:

Jase Denora wrote:
Uh... let's see, he's actually a member of the High Council, so.... presumably any Jedi in the Order should know of him; and I also assume that his skill with prescision Force manipulation would be known and give cause to him being sought out for this.

But what do I know? :P

You all need a directory or something that tells me these things. I still like the idea of a group vision being cause for the journey. It might be an idea, soon Heckler will be in the order, for him and Luke to consult the council (if we decide against the other council members sharing the vision) and then from there you can decide to join after its explained to you what the situation is with the Muur Talisman. That would seem logical.

Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 08:11pm    Post subject:

Directories are for whiny little poopy-babies....

Anyway, I'm fine with either method

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » The Search for Celeste Morne
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: