Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Atzerri, Talos
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » Atzerri, Talos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Tue, July 13th 2010 10:08pm    Post subject: Atzerri, Talos

I was having a chat with Badim, when I was struck with a stroke of genius. Basically, here is the plot. Thomas, who was hot on the tail of Zend, is distracted by an emergency beacon from a New Republic MC-80 Cruiser. He immediately goes to the source, Atzerri. He soon realizes he is in the middle of a trap, but his crew back on the Elusive have no idea what is happening on the planet below. Apparently, there is a jammer in place. Obviously, Tresbrac sees this is fishy (no pun intended) and sends another shuttle this one he sends with it a whole detachment of Republic marines. Can Thomas escape the evil clutches of the Hutt Warlord, will Tresbrac's reinforcements make it in time or will the Clawdite kill Thomas? Can Thomas finally settle the score with his nemesis?

I want to introduce a new character, Sarta Odominic Nesba, a Hutt crime lord. He has connections to both Thomas (Upari, currently) and Brote Heckler (his father). What I want to toy with here is his character and how I'll bring him in. I'm not sure if I want him to be a different character that I play, get someone else to play him or use him as a PNPC. His role in the storyline will be as a nemesis for Upari. He wants to kill him for unpaid debts. The only way even Heckler could trust his crew, who he knew could be planted by him, all have an unpaid debt or secrets they each are hiding and Nesba wants all of them dead. He is also allied with another Hutt clan, the Ramesh. They are bankrupt and, as you may guess, indebted to Nesba. That will open up the outer rim, in the Omman System, an interesting area for Nesba to escape to. That will probably be the conclusion of this plot line here. Is anyone interested in jumping in? By the way, to all Jedi I have thought about this being his big outing as a force sensitive, something his father concealed from him. I would like a Jedi on the planet to, just to make it more interesting.

The cast of characters:

- Keicho Upari
- Sarta Odominic Nesba (Crime lord and general bad guy)
- Clawdite assassin
- Jedi
- The Elusive crew

Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 12:21am    Post subject:

Quote:
I would like a Jedi on the planet to, just to make it more interesting.

Sold. :P

Seriously, I was just trying to figure out how to introduce Kyle too. This could not have come at a better time.

"Do svidonya, mothaf**ka."
-Moff's reaction to spambots.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 01:15am    Post subject:

I might be able to scurry Jaira to take part in it, though she'd opt to helping Heckler instead of trying to cash in :p

So you can put me down as Sold - But unsure. :P
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 10:42am    Post subject:

So what would you have Kyle do in this plot?

Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 01:50pm    Post subject:

Great! Basically, here is the idea. Nesba has tricked Upari to come to Atzerri, he is basically just doing his job, he uses a Clawdite to kill him. Clawdites are shape-shifters, so for him to survive he has to sense him.

Now there is a few options here, maybe Kyle could be flying by and senses a disturbance in the Force. You could also be on a mission to find Thomas, I'm not sure how that would work. You could also just be there coincidently. :P

I have more ideas about it, but we can talk about it more in length.

Jaira would be a cool idea, I could see Nesba sending more than one assassin.

Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 02:09pm    Post subject:

Coincidentally makes the most sense; I don't know if you've read Kyle's background, but he's a gray Jedi who often goes on fringe assignments. Atzerri sounds like a place he would be investigating.

Also, you probably wouldn't know he was a Jedi at first; most of his missions involve going undercover as a fringe alias. He's known as simply Fenris, or the "Gray Wolf" in criminal circles.

Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 02:39pm    Post subject:

Kyle Fenris wrote:
Coincidentally makes the most sense; I don't know if you've read Kyle's background, but he's a gray Jedi who often goes on fringe assignments. Atzerri sounds like a place he would be investigating.

Also, you probably wouldn't know he was a Jedi at first; most of his missions involve going undercover as a fringe alias. He's known as simply Fenris, or the "Gray Wolf" in criminal circles.

You know what might work? He could actually be working for Nesba, now they don't have any love for Jedi, but I do think they would see the power in having one around that worked for them. It also makes sense that Nesba would want more than just a few assassins to see the job done. I don't know how Kyle feels about other force-sensitives, but it would be interesting to see his reaction to him.

Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 02:54pm    Post subject:

I don't think that would work...his cover is something of an information broker/job finder for hunters and smugglers. He's still a Jedi, just an undercover one.

Also, he uh...he hates Hutts. Like, a lot. :P I can't see him working for one, even as a double agent, much less as an assassin.

Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 03:01pm    Post subject:

Kyle Fenris wrote:
I don't think that would work...his cover is something of an information broker/job finder for hunters and smugglers. He's still a Jedi, just an undercover one.

Also, he uh...he hates Hutts. Like, a lot. :P I can't see him working for one, even as a double agent, much less as an assassin.

Interesting... would it be more possible that he was trying to track Nesba down and then joins forces with Thomas? He could discover that he is a force-sensitive that way, right before they fight the Clawdite. It would be an interesting way to start a teacher-student relationship if you want to go that route to.

Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 06:29pm    Post subject:

A Master-Apprentice thing could work...if you don't mind his 'training' as a Jedi to be more on the Gray side of things (More combat, Kreia-style training about manipulating events/people, etc). I have no problems if that's okay. ;)

Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 06:42pm    Post subject:

I was going to have Arlyn run into Thomas Heckler on Coruscant, but you're already gone! :P
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 07:16pm    Post subject:

Kyle Fenris wrote:
A Master-Apprentice thing could work...if you don't mind his 'training' as a Jedi to be more on the Gray side of things (More combat, Kreia-style training about manipulating events/people, etc). I have no problems if that's okay. ;)

Yeah... Gray would fit with his character. I just don't know about Kreia... she was crazy from what I remember. :p

Anyways, I think I definitely will do this character and the plot line. Only once I finish everything with Bilbringi will I begin the storyline. Then we can do this.

Quote:
I was going to have Arlyn run into Thomas Heckler on Coruscant, but you're already gone!

You should have told me and you know what!? That's fine... :P Um... well this storyline is going to be pretty flexible. I'm trying to be as inclusive as possible. I like to think of this as the arc in his storyline.

In case some of you don't know what I'm talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_arc

Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Thu, July 15th 2010 06:44pm    Post subject:

Ok, so, I have figured out roles for everyone so far. (This is more about logistics)

I'm going to keep Nesba as a PNPC until the story is finished, then he will actively plot revenge on Upari.

I think where Kyle Fenris would work in this storyline would be in an undercover role. I'm trying to stay within the confines of your character. Basically, you are trying to do what Upari is doing after he discovers Nesba is around. Kill him and take his organization down. You're also going to be saving his life, but unfortunately Nesba is going to escape. I think it would be a good idea to start role playing now, sort of investigating the planet itself and finding out his whereabouts, before I arrive. If need any help with coming up with a good reason for coming to Atzerri and Nesba specifically, send me a PM or Message me and I can help you work it out.

Um... as for Clare, Carn didn't you say you wanted to have Jevan suggest Atzerri to run away? Yeah, so, everything we talked about, she is trying to hide out at Atzerri and discovers the plot that is brewing on the planet to kill Upari. She also finds out about Nesba, I think she hates Hutts right? I think the plan was for her to also, when he arrives, to band together with Upari.

Ok, any questions?

Tag: Cheapy, Orrion Carn

Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 15th 2010 06:48pm    Post subject:

Sounds good to me, but Clare doesn't specifically hate Hutts, she just doesn't like the crime thing anymore, having been manipulated by a Crime Lord on Nar Shaddaa she worked 7-8 years for.

But overall I'll work on getting her to Azterri today, make a few posts and then get her off to there.
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Thu, July 15th 2010 06:50pm    Post subject:

Ok, I just wasn't sure from our conversations. Thanks for clearing it up. Hopefully, before the week is out we can get this started.

Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 15th 2010 09:37pm    Post subject:

Posted with Clare, so I'm in position to start when you two are ready. Maybe even have a brief co-op with Fenris when Jevan and Clare walk in to meet Nesba.
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, July 18th 2010 12:09am    Post subject:

So how will this progress after Heckler lands? Kyle, Clare, and Jevan are all in nesba's palace, the latter two as prisoners and the first as a double agent. Kyle's overall plan on bringing down Nesba was to go something like this:

For the past few months, Nesba has been making discreet visits with the Financial Minister on Atzerri, attempting to bribe him. The final meeting is scheduled a week from the day everyone else arrives, which is when Nesba hopes to have the Minister in his pocket (Thus netting a lot of credits each month from legitimate taxes). Kyle plans to trick the Bloodreavers, Atzerri's most prominent swoop gang, into attacking the Financial Offices a few days before the meeting in the hopes that the Minister will believe Nesba is trying to bully him. The Minister will then call the whole thing off and blow the whistle on Nesba, earning the Hutt a large bounty on his head.

Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, July 18th 2010 12:14am    Post subject:

It sounds good to me, I'll get to work on a post with Clare in the dungeon. I'll have Kyle show up (No speech, unless it's alright), then you can take over from there. Full consent with Clare and Jevan is given to you two, minor actions and speech etc..

I know Kyle won't know about this, but just letting you know, Cheapy, Clare's with Badim, incase you didn't know already :p
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sun, July 18th 2010 12:31am    Post subject:

Kyle Fenris wrote:
So how will this progress after Heckler lands? Kyle, Clare, and Jevan are all in nesba's palace, the latter two as prisoners and the first as a double agent. Kyle's overall plan on bringing down Nesba was to go something like this:

For the past few months, Nesba has been making discreet visits with the Financial Minister on Atzerri, attempting to bribe him. The final meeting is scheduled a week from the day everyone else arrives, which is when Nesba hopes to have the Minister in his pocket (Thus netting a lot of credits each month from legitimate taxes). Kyle plans to trick the Bloodreavers, Atzerri's most prominent swoop gang, into attacking the Financial Offices a few days before the meeting in the hopes that the Minister will believe Nesba is trying to bully him. The Minister will then call the whole thing off and blow the whistle on Nesba, earning the Hutt a large bounty on his head.

Basically, Heckler is going to land and travel to the "distress signel", but when he gets there he is going to be ambushed by Nesba's lieutenants with the local security forces. They arrest them and take them to the Palace. Upari, obviously enraged, disturbs the force or something (I'm a bit fuzzy on how the force works, I just know there are disturbances in it linked to emotion). Now everyone is together and Kyle breaks his cover.

By this point, it would probably be a good idea to break the two guys out of jail, (if you need help, I can have Tresbrac or Huutac hideout right as their being captured or staying with the shuttle or going to the cantina). Carbonite isn't that hard to melt someone out of right? :P That sounds good?

Nesba would have a few tricks up his sleeves, but his time on Atzerri will be short. Think of it as a temporary haven for him to set a trap (he is that vengeful) and then back to business as usual back home. He is very good at escaping (we'll figure that part out when we get to it).

Any questions?

Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, July 18th 2010 12:32am    Post subject:

Nope, I'll get to work on a post with Clare and have it up in a half-hour to an hour.
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, July 18th 2010 03:12pm    Post subject:

I'm really liking this plot. In my opinion better than Return of the Jedi :D

Thanks for letting me be apart of it :D
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, July 18th 2010 03:18pm    Post subject:

Okay, so Kyle will sense Heckler's anger through the Force and realize he has the potential to become a Jedi. He'll give Heckler the same advice he gave Clare (Wait three days and I'll break you out), since Nesba is likely going to be preoccupied with his upcoming meeting with the Financial Minister. However, Nesba will somehow find out that Kyle is planning on double-crossing him (But not that he's a Jedi) and will throw him into the dungeon. Kyle promptly breaks out and rescues everyone, and they fight their way out just as the Bloodreavers hit the Financial Offices and all hell breaks loose.

Sound good?

Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, July 18th 2010 03:29pm    Post subject:

Sounds good to me.
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sun, July 18th 2010 08:30pm    Post subject:

Kyle Fenris wrote:
Okay, so Kyle will sense Heckler's anger through the Force and realize he has the potential to become a Jedi. He'll give Heckler the same advice he gave Clare (Wait three days and I'll break you out), since Nesba is likely going to be preoccupied with his upcoming meeting with the Financial Minister. However, Nesba will somehow find out that Kyle is planning on double-crossing him (But not that he's a Jedi) and will throw him into the dungeon. Kyle promptly breaks out and rescues everyone, and they fight their way out just as the Bloodreavers hit the Financial Offices and all hell breaks loose.

Sound good?

Absolutely, actually, I have to thank you for your on the spot creativity. It really makes sense that there would be a greater reason for Nesba to be there. At first I just planned on this being a trap for Upari, but now there is this added intrigue, it spices the storyline up and creates an escape route for everyone. I was thinking, though, that it may be a better idea for him to find out/have found out you're a Jedi that would obviously lead him to mistrust you. Then he would have a good reason to search out whether he had been in fact double crossed. Or, it could have just been an overly talkative Bloodreaver who spilled the beans. :P

Now, Carn just asked me a good question, what happens afterward? Where do we go? I hadn't given it serious thought, to be honest. Well, I had originally planned for Clare to band together with Upari, mainly for protection from Nesba and the Ravagers. Its actually a theme among his crew, he's protecting a lot of his former associates from Nesba and his thugs. As well as to help her get revenge. Heckler thought he had killed Sarta before he assumed his new identity. The reason he assumed a new identity in the first place was because he feared Nesba's men would seek revenge on him.

A bounty from the local gang on the planet will be on everyone's heads, arrest warrants... etc. This will mean we'll have to break my pilots out of jail and then get to the dock. Or, Tavira will have a detachment of soldiers waiting for us at the dock keeping it secure for our escape. I really wish I could have a scene with all of them planning an alternative rescue. But that would be godmodding. :p

That is the small stuff though. After the plot is over, the planet will be left in chaos, especially if were talking about destroying a government center. Since a Republic officer is involved, this would mean this would be an intergalactic incident. He'd most likely be recalled to Coruscant. Giving Sarta time to make his escape.

At that point, I think it would be impossible to figure out where to go after him. His palace at Llanic is a closely guarded secret and he has innovative ways of keeping his secret. If we did I don't think we want to go with one MC-90. I think, in that case, we go back to Coruscant and regroup there or part ways. I think Clare wants to go back to Carratos to hide out? As for Kyle and Thomas, it would be a good point for them to either start talking about what happened back on Atzerri or start training or something. Sort of feeling out that whole idea. I hope I explained everything and didn't leave out anything or there is a potential plot hole somewhere.

Anyways, any questions? Sound good?

Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, July 18th 2010 08:47pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I was thinking, though, that it may be a better idea for him to find out/have found out you're a Jedi that would obviously lead him to mistrust you.

The reason I was going to have Nesba be unaware Kyle was a Jedi was so that he would have a reason to underestimate him, thus allowing him to escape the dungeon relatively easy. And as for Nesba finding out, I figured that the leader of the Bloodreavers would survive the attack on the Financial Offices and would enter Nesba's palace instent on seeking revenge, only to have Nesba reveal that he didn't order the attack (Leading Nesba to assume that Kyle was seeking to overthrow him and take over his organization).

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » Atzerri, Talos
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: