Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Mon Calamari Star Cruiser "Elusive"
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Mon Calamari Star Cruiser "Elusive"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Tue, July 13th 2010 12:20am    Post subject: Mon Calamari Star Cruiser "Elusive"

MC90 Star Cruiser, created by the Mon Calamari for the New Republic primarily to be a warship.

Captain Keicho Upari

Introducing commanding officers:

Commander Gial Tresbrac, Mon Calamari
- Bio: He left Mon Calamari so he could pursue his species one ambition: to explore space. While this made him quite common among the Mon Calamari, what originally attracted him to the fated crew of the Endeavor was his long and interesting history before his time at the academy. His history in the navy seems to have coincided with the death of his parents on Mon Calamari at an early age, it was then he apparently pulled out of a life of crime to join. It seems like he had revenge on his mind, revenge against the Empire. According to his dossier, while he went to the academy more than fifteen years before his commission with Captain Upari, he had multiple infractions with his commanding officers. He was a drunken wreck sometimes, other times he simply objected to his commanding officers demands, though his scores showed he had boundless potential. For whatever reason, Upari seems to trust honest character flaws.

Ensign for Communication Gilad Tavira, Coreilla
- Bio: Coreilla has always been known for its fierce independence, Tavira seems to have been born from the same cloth. While rather fresh from the academy, he already had racked up a few infractions for disorderly conduct. He has become rather famous, when he was completely drunken, to have punched his commanding officer. Who followed with a court marshal against him, however, he found himself in Upari’s crew instead.

Ensign for Science Jry Keela, Mrlssi
- Bio: The Mrlssi, a highly scientific people, are known across the galaxy for their achieved scientists. Jry is no exception. He is very intelligent and has a tendency to seem eccentric. He sees every new experience to be an opportunity for him to experiment, constantly on the edge of science. He was kicked out of the Mrlssi Science Academy, rather asked nicely to leave, when he destroyed a laboratory by accident when one of his experiments went wrong.

Ensign for Weapons and Targeting Crum Teelhan, Tynnan
- Bio: The Tynnan, fiercely independent fully grown hamsters, have begun moving away from their world to fight in this latest insurrection. While they clearly see the fractious divisiveness on both sides, the New Republic is the best option in war they would have to quickly align in. Crum was given an offer to work with the Hutt thugs who taught him a lesson for life. However, instead he decided to join the New Republic and turn their offer down. While he could run away, their hunters will most certainly track him down eventually. He has to many of their secrets to be safe for long.

Chief Navigator Dua Kujaan, Sullustan
- Bio: Dua, a Sullustan immigrant to Corulag running away for a number of reasons, graduated from the academy with Upari, Upari saw no one who would have been more ready to be his chief navigator. Close, personal friends who grew up together, Upari knows him well. While sometimes Upari is unorthodox, Kujaan is his foil in his relentless lust for danger. He was nearly thrown out of flight school for his dangerous flying, but Upari seems to have picked him just for that reason.

Ensign for Security Huutac, Trianii
- Bio: Huutac, a Trianii immigrant from Coruscant, normally would have grown up on Trianii where he would have lived the rest of his life. Until he met the Hutts, who forced him to be a mercenary and kill for hire. This has made him, cold and calculated, he also has a small distrust for Upari. He doesn’t like not knowing the whole story and Upari wants to keep it that way.
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Tue, July 13th 2010 01:07pm    Post subject:

As the shuttle began to maneuver into the ship's hanger, Captain Upari could see a wide shot of his new ship. An MC-90 was slightly bigger in size to an MC-80, longer and sleek making it imposing even while in space dock. The mechanical arms surrounding it seemed too small to contain it. Thousands of maintenance workers and droids could be seen littering the outside hull, making last minute adjustments as the crew was in turn over. The shuttles coming out of the ship were from the previous crew. It was familiar, yet entirely new to him. It was not the same ship he had served on. It had been refurbished. They were mainly cosmetic changes for the most part though he had the maintenance crew install a few extra surprises. It had taken them another week, but he liked to be two steps ahead. Their shuttle finally landed in the hanger. While the floors and walls had become different, he felt like the ship had changed to. His perspective had changed. He chucked it up to nerves and he was scared about taking command of a ship he had only dreamed of captaining.

Now here he was walking the halls, giving orders and tasting the cook's overcooked food. He was trying. At least. This was familiar, it was just like when he was a commissioned officer. This is what he thought was interesting. He thought about it in length while he walked down the corridor from the shuttle bay to the elevator up to the command deck. While he walked the corridor he adjusted his Captain badge on his shoulder, he was in full ceremonial uniform. This was only because he had to look nice for the brass. No one decided to accompany him as an entourage either, each officer who came up wanted to check out their new commissions before they met their captain. He would just get their reports when he got to the bridge where he would relieve his former commanding officer. He liked his officers to have them work hard for him. Tresbrac hung back at the shuttle, he wanted to give the ship a quick inspection, no one could tell him what the hell to do anyways.

He was honest to himself for a moment, as the lift took him up to the command deck, while he still had a few moments still to himself. I call the shots now. I don't really take orders from anyone, except the Admiralty. Even then I could take the ship just about anywhere. Do anything... as long as I don't violate the law or Republic military code. In the Republic, however, law doesn't seem to mean much more than the paper it was written on. Not to say the Republic is lawless back country or that this was a bad thing for its citizens. This is not a flaw in its philosophy, no, it is actually a strength. It’s this freedom that everyone fought for, that the Empire in its search for order had extinguished. People like Zend, who only wanted power, could never understand true freedom. These small moments to himself, away from everyone else, he found to be important. Important in convincing himself, as he was very normally skeptical, his mission was true and his heart was in the right place. If he did not have the passion to do what he was doing, he had no intention of suspending his belief for very long to maintain his identity any longer.

Once he was on the bridge, he felt at home again. Like all MC-90s, it had the bubbled command deck. While this allowed for full view of space, it gave the ship an obvious disadvantage, one he would have to give constant thought and consideration. However, it made for a beautiful three dimensional view of space and at the same time it was very unsettling. Admiral Cha Niathal, the Captain he had served under, was leaving for a political role. She had made a fine teacher for the young Upari. He could see the old Mon Calamari was aged and her gills under her chin were shriveled and wrinkled. When he left, she did not look so old, though he assumed for a Mon Calamari she may look good for her age. She was 76, obviously she had a right to look so damn old, it was only natural. He walked up to her. He tried so hard to conceal his obvious emotions, both his nostalgia and nerves. He saluted the admiral, but he didn’t really pay attention to posture. “At ease Captain,” Niathal said, in her thick Mon Calamari accent, she smiled. “Thank you Admiral, I’m sorry to see you go,” Upari meant it, she had been his mentor and helped him to succeed. “Don’t give an old girl goose bumps, you should know better,” she still had the same terrible sense of humor, that always revealed her age. “The Republic needs me and I have to go,” Classic Niathal, duty first.

He tried so hard to make her more human, but emotions just did not factor into Mon Calamari as much as other people. They concentrated so hard to contain them. Though she had had her genuine moments, usually she was very irritated with something. However, she had interesting ambition and boundless insight, Upari always tried to pick the onion and understand her. It was also at this point that Tresbrac and the new officers arrived on deck. “As a politician? I mean at least as an Admiral you have the freedom to do your job. As a politician, you have to lie and cheat, I guess I don’t see you in that role,” Upari was amazed when he heard she was taking an advisory role within the Galactic Union. “Well, they need me. You know what kind of trouble the Republic is in now. Zend is back. They need me because they need strong leaders now more than ever to show them what to do,” He could not argue with her logic, though an advisory role was usually an appointed role. This really was not her trying to convince as much as it was her trying to convince herself what she was doing was right. This was what he liked about her. “You know, I love it when you second guess yourself?” He laughed, she did to. Though it was not very funny she always humored him. Before Niathal could reply, Tresbrac busted into the conversation, “sorry to bother this neat little small talk, but I really want to go, the ship is at full power and my room is fully stocked.” “When you are ready Captain,” She saluted him. “I relieve you of your command, old friend,” Upari saluted her smiling. “I am relieved,” she smiled back and walked toward the elevator. “Oh, and one more thing Captain, don’t do anything I wouldn’t do…” This time, she winked.

“Well, wasn’t that heartwarming?” Upari ignored Tresbrac. "Captain on deck!" Tresbrac yelled as he saluted. The rest of the officers stood and did the same. "Thank you Tresbrac and the rest of you. I want to take this ship out and see what she can do," He sat down in his captain chair, at the center of the bubble deck, it was an interesting fit. While he was comfortable, he could not help remembering his time as a loyal second-in-command for Niathal, only a few times ever being able to sit in the chair. “Mr. Tresbrac, give me a full status report on all decks,” Tresbrac nodded. “Well, the crew is aboard, we got all the supplies and the weapons and engines are working fine, I’d say our chances are good for surviving hyperspace.” “Thank you, Commander for your wonderful appraisal,” Upari acknowledged with biting sarcasm. “Tavira?” “Yes, sir,” Tavira was a Coreillian human. He had black skin tone and his voice had a low pitched bass. He had also been to the training deck and his broad shoulders made him seem larger. “Open a channel to the whole ship,” “Aye, sir!” His low pitched forced him to speak softly and slowly. “Ready for you, give it a go, I haven’t tried it out myself yet and I have no idea what to expect,” Tavira explained as he opened the channel for the Captain.

“Crew of the Elusive, I would like your attention for only a moment, this is the new Captain speaking Keicho Upari. We face new dangers, untold consequences while the precipice of war is ever looming. Let us never forget the lives that were lost in the last Galactic Civil War. In this our bravest hour, lets strangle this baby while it is still in its cradle. There will never be a True Empire and we will bring swift justice to those who try!” He clicked the transmission off. He sat back for a moment, to take a deep breath. “Thank you Tavira, give the crew the mission briefing,” He took another deep breath as he lunged forward, keeping his elbow on the seat’s arm and his hand on his chin. “Yes, Captain. This is the ensign speaking, all crew, days ago the planet Bilbringi came under attack. Then a transmission by Daara Zend, who had been the last Imperial Grand Admiral, explaining her return was released. Our mission according to the fleet admiralty is to investigate and identify the threat. Our investigation will begin at Bilbringi. Tavira out!” He clicked off the transmission and went back to reporting departure. The Sullustan pilot, Dua Kujaan, turned around facing the captain from his station, “Sir, the last of the docking arms have been removed.” “Alright Kujaan, take us out!”

Take me to Bilbringi Moffy!

Tag: Moff, Zara, Alex
Getting Reacquainted First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Thu, July 15th 2010 09:43pm    Post subject:

The Elusive dropped out of hyperspace. When the ship dropped out of hyperspace, the collision alarms across the ship activated. The bridge was covered in red fluorescent light. “Shields! Now, Tresbrac!” Tresbrac mumbled an insult under his breath as he activated the shield. “Goddamnit, there is debris everywhere!” Kujaan stressed to maneuver the ship through the dense minefield of debris. The debris of decaying vessels against the backdrop of the asteroids that had already been there. This place, already known for being choked with obstacles, was now a graveyard for the Republic fleet that did battle with Zend. To fly through this had now become a deadly dance with the devil. Upari silently hoped this would not be his tomb as well.

There was an audible tone of shock that reverberated throughout the bridge. Small pieces were simply refracting off the ship’s shields, but the huge hulks of once proud battleships could easily be seen just moments before the ship had to fly through them. There was a field of debris around the command bubble. Upari was struck with a sense of vertigo. Even with the terrible and possible destruction of the ship looming, the crew snapped into action falling back on their experience. “I need weapons on full, Crum, tell my gunners to coordinate and blow us a hole through the debris!” “Yes, Captain,” Teelhan said in his squeaky voice. Upari was calculating his options. These were all Republic battleships. They had lost a number of ships already. His among the many would be a waste. His revenge he has hid for Zend was hard to hold back. She symbolized everything he hated and the Republic everything he loved. Now here he saw what the score was. He tried so hard to concentrate, but his raw hatred for Zend was boiling to the surface, he wanted to strike back. His judgement had become clouded.

“Sir, I have four ships up ahead through the field. It is either interference from the debris, which is clouding my sensors, or it is an enemy patrol,” Kujaan yelled out as he steered away from an incoming MC-80 ship fragment. “How can you be sure they are a patrol and not just another ship blown to pieces?” “I’m not. The signatures match active ships, though. They could just be a few ships with still active engines floating around, but I highly doubt it.” “Why would you doubt it?” “They aren’t in a bunch of frakking pieces!” Just then a huge chunk, a compartment which seemed to have been a radiating engine from an old battleship appeared in front of the Cruiser, for a moment the bridge was tense. The very edge of the Cruiser scrapped along the debris below, the twisted metal screeched against the hull. While the sound reverberated through Kujaan’s ear piece as he made a connection with the engine room the bridge continued to be silent. Its sound was lost in the void of space.

“I’m getting orders from command! It seems there is a fresh attack at Atzerri! They are giving it the highest priority!” This is a clusterfrak, Upari thought to himself. He tangled with the idea of defying orders. He wanted revenge. Should he engage her forces and lose today he would have no chance in stopping her going deeper into Republic space. Today, I’ll let you live, but tomorrow I’ll end her tyranny over the galaxy. “What the hell is going on?” Upari mumbled under his breath. “Take us out of here and to Atzerri.”

Take me to Atzerri!

Tag: cheapy, Orrion Carn, Moff
Getting Reacquainted First Previous Next Latest
Settling Old Scores First Previous Next Latest

Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sat, July 17th 2010 09:46am    Post subject:

Atzerri was a planet on the far side of the Inner Rim. Peculiarly, it was on the other side of the Rim, opposite of Bilbringi. Why would Daara Zend strike all the way so far out in the Inner Rim? It just wouldn’t make any sense. Upari had a hard time believing she could move whole fleets from their offensive fronts in the far edge of the galaxy to the other end. I feel like there is something wrong with all of this. But the same had been asked how she could be able to take a whole fleet, engaged on multiple fronts, into deep space and disappear for years only to return stronger. She should never be underestimated.

"It's a trap!" Gial stood puffing out his chin sack, dominating the table. He towered over his fellow officers surrounding the long conference table. He eyed Kujaan with annoyance. Keela and Teelhan, who were both half his size, looked at each other nervously. Upari was also notably irritated. Oh Great Tree not another outburst. Since they had gotten into hyperspace, Gial and Dua had been arguing about leaving Bilbringi. At first, it seemed like Tresbrac was playing with him, because Dua was such a good soldier about it. Then, they started arguing. Now, they are at our first conference room meeting, perfect timing. He would probably regret this.

"Stay—back there!? Captain—Can we send him back?” Kujaan said sitting in his seat. "No you frakking idiot! This is a trap. We shouldn’t be going to Atzerri. That bitch is nowhere near Atzerri right now or any of her frakking henchmen. She goes from Bilbringi, on the other side of the Inner Rim, to the other and unnoticed!” Gial yelled back, he staggered a little from standing. This time Kujaan stood up, “Orders are orders. Besides, the last time we underestimated Zend a whole fleet surprised us. After disappearing without a trace and all of a sudden here she was ready to start a new war! It is possible she could go from one end to the next and if high command says so, than their right!”

“This is what you are telling me? You frakking soldier boy. You should frakking hear yourself! Talk about the Bantha herd led to the slaughter." Tresbrac was furious. Upari face palmed, he was sitting silently, listening to both sides but was all too aware of where this would lead. He’d already heard these arguments on the bridge and was hoping they would fester themselves out. He even agreed with Gial. But, orders were orders and obviously the fleet had already been fooled once, why open ourselves to a second humiliation? This is going to get tough. That was one thing he was sure of. He knew this was going to happen. It was only a matter of time before...

"You know I don’t like that Bantha fodder, cut it the frak out!” “Oh, yeah, soldier boy?” Upari could see something change in Kujaan, like before he was holding something back, but stopped worrying about the consequences. “And why the hell should we listen to a goddamn drunk!?” Right at that moment, Tresbrac snapped. “You son of a bitch…” He ran straight for the unaware Sullustan. Kujaan realized what was happening while Tresbrac broke stride. He staggered toward him. He was also slowed down by his slight girth. Still he took him down to the floor, even as Dua braced himself for the fall. Everyone else around the table was stunned with a “did he really just do that” look.

The Sullustan threw a good punch. He knocked Tresbrac off him, who reeled back for a moment. He obviously got him right in the eye. But he recovered and threw a punch toward Kujaan. Dua grabbed his fist stopping it from getting closer to his face. At this point, everyone in the room jumped over to grab both of them. “Not on my deck!” Tavira, who was on the left side of the table of Upari, went straight for Kujaan and Huutac tackled Tresbrac. Tavira was able to easily restrain Dua. But, Tresbrac tried to knee Huutac, who screamed out with a hiss, he bit him on the shoulder as a reflex. Gial screamed out in pain, throwing his arm, which connected with Huutac’s face. Immediately, he reeled back with a yelp, his jaw limp from the blow. The two guards, who were happening to walk past, realized the scuffle was getting out of control and jumped in. They both went straight to Huutac and Gial who had started to fight each other.

Tough, as Upari had thought, would be an understatement now. Tresbrac was confined to his quarters. He was going to stay there till they got to Atzerri and the situation would then resolve itself. Upari was in a new lounge area of the ship with a few of the pilots and Teelhan. “Rough day, eh Cap’n?” The pilot decided to be coy with Upari. “Haha—Except for the crew being ready to kill each other, the ship being nearly lost in the debris fields around the shipyards back at Bilbringi. My day couldn’t have been better, thanks for asking,” The pilots around the table were grinning and laughing with each other as the game of Sabacc continued.

“I heard about that. Was the old man getting mad about you kid?” The pilot, Davin, was an older Corellian man. “Naw… just at life, he needs help that’s all, a second chance.” Upari observed his cards closely, he had a perfect Sabacc, but it was only round 3. He tried very hard to stay cool, though he was irritated. Damnit, I’m making a new set of rules after this game. “Haha… You know, I feel the same way. There was this beautiful woman on Kalinda—What a wonderful world and I think I’ll retire there—She was probably the most brilliant blonde and her legs…went on for light years!” By this point, everyone had enjoyed themselves in the ships stores of alcohol and it made everyone pretty agreeable. Davin was always good at lightening up the mood during a good game of Sabacc and after this day, it was pretty necessary. “Yeah, yeah and tomorrow he’ll tell us about a girl with an amazing ass that was from Gamorr!” Joran, a Denon native, was always good on delivery. He had the whole table laughing, even little quiet Teelhan in his high-pitched squeal.

It was a pretty unanimous verdict. “Gamorrean girls, no matter where you’re from, are ugly,” Upari sent an approving nod toward Joran. There were a few approving chuckles, there weren't any Gamorreans around to take the joke the wrong way, so it was all good. It was round four and it looked like Upari had a sixteen. It was no Pure Sabacc, but it was close enough. Round four, time to put up or shut up, play the game or… “Hehe—Pure Sabacc—beginners luck,” In his tiny little squirrel voice, Teelhan laid a real emotional blow on Upari, directed straight at his ego. “Goddamn that little Rat! Well, I’m finished!” Davin had nearly spent everything he had anyways. “I’m done for the night, goodnight gentlemen!” Jovan pulled out to. “Oh, come on guys, it isn’t that bad. You all still have some money—hehe…” Crum had a mischievous low-pitch laugh. It was like nails on a chalk board for Upari. He was still stunned he’d lost a hundred credits over one game of Sabacc. “Well, I said one game and losing a hundred credits is enough for me, so I’ll be heading out to.” Upari decided this would be the best time to go get really drunk.

The next morning, the ship was getting ready to drop out of hyperspace. Upari woke up with a small headache from the night before, but had forgotten about the scuffle and losing a hundred credits. He may not have totally forgotten about losing a hundred credits, he had certainly learned his lesson playing with card sharks. Tiny little basterd. Upari eyed Crum, when he noticed the captain staring at him. He chuckled under his breath slightly. That malicious little frakking laugh… “Turn the red alert on, Gilad, give the ship the briefing. Tresbrac, ready the shields. Crum…” He eyed him again, while the hamster gave him a sarcastic grin back, “…put gunners on standby…” You rodent.

Tag: Cheapy, Orrion Carn

Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sat, July 17th 2010 07:59pm    Post subject:

The ship came out of hyperspace over Atzerri, the shields went up and the alert activated. While activity on the bridge was chaotic, Upari sat dazzled at the bubbled command deck windows. Silent, black space surrounding a bright verdant world, covered in the specks of electric light that indicated life. While the sight was breathtaking, there was something amiss. "What the hell… I'm not getting anything on sensors, sir... There's a distress signal, sir, from the planet below. Its saying they crashed landed,” Tavira was startled.

“I don’t understand… this doesn't make any sense. Did the battle already take place?" Kujaan tried to rationalize the missing fleets. That isn't possible. There would be debris like at Bilbringi. Something is definitely wrong. Gial may have been right. "I told you so—ha—it's a trap!" Gial was now reassured in his argument. "Well, we can't go back to Coruscant with a Republic ship in trouble. Our mission was to engage in what was supposed to be a battle and then rescue the ship," Kujaan replied, "Those orders are still standing." "Then we get ourselves killed?!"

"Enough!" This time Upari imposed on both of them, “We are not going one step forward to go two steps back between you two, not on my goddamn deck! Now we’re getting a shuttle and you two are absolutely not going together.”

Tresbrac glared down at the Captain, with his orange fiery eyes in a deep contrast with his black filled pupils. He was intimidating but Upari was stronger, he remembered Cha Niathal. He remembered her welcoming and warm light orange eyes. They weren’t like his eyes. His are intense, deep and imposing. Her’s were soft and gentle. While she was a tough woman on the outside, he could always see through in eyes an inviting concentration. With Tresbrac what he saw was intense passion and determination; there is hope for you yet, old man. "Fine..." he relented, "but whatever happens, don't say I didn't warn you kid."

They were on the shuttle hurtling down through the atmosphere on their way toward Talos, the capital city of Atzerri. The spires of the city could be seen through the clouds as they passed through the stratosphere. Huutac, Tresbrac, and a security detail would accompany Upari on the way down. Huutac and Tresbrac eyed each other sitting across from one another. Gial was still tending to his wounded shoulder from the day before and Huutac, well he was irritated to. This going to be a fun trip. He took his attention off of them and looked out the view ports. The city below was coming into full view, it was a spectacular view. The sun was high in the sky above the more desolate city. Even at this high altitude the scars of disorganized chaos in the streets could not be hid. Upari, however, was fascinated with the way the planet was ran. The government was more of a subsidiary security force, loaned out to the highest bidder. Everything came at a price on Atzerri…

“Sir, I need you to come up to the cockpit!” The intercom hailed Upari while he was sitting back, trying to distract himself with the view. He left his seat, walking up to the pilot and co-pilot. The pilot seemed to be busy with controls for landing while the co-pilot was engaged in conversation. “This is Republic-009, we would like clearance to land,” “How many times do I have to tell you, it isn’t free to land, you need to work out the fee! Who is your commanding officer?” The traffic control tower sounded very impatient. “This Captain Upari of the Republic Battle Cruiser Elusive, we are asking…” “I don’t care who you are on Atzerri you pay a fee to land and a fee to stick around on our dock. Your shuttle is going to cost 20,000 for entry and 5,000 credits a night for maintenance,” Upari was caught off guard. He’d read about this. He knew he was trying to cheat them. “No, we’ll pay the 5,000 credits a night but I’m not going to pay 20,000 credits, that is highway robbery and you know it.” The guy on the other end seemed to go quiet for a few moments. “Fine, land at Dock Four.”

Tag: Cheapy, Orrion Carn

Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 01:47pm    Post subject:

Two Days Later

Images flashed through Kyle’s mind as he slept. Unfamiliar faces, half-muffled voices arguing in the mists, and a tangible sense of loss that permeated the vision.

“…can’t let them find…”
“…for his own sake…”
“…Inquisitors to find him?!”
“…not right, we can’t deny him his…”
“…right, but it’s necessary. You know that…”
“…Fine.”

His eyes moved rapidly back and forth behind their lids as he struggled to make sense of the dream, but understanding was not forthcoming yet.

“…still think he has a right to know…”
“…put him in danger? No!”
“…can’t hide it forever! He deserves…”
“…end of discussion! I won’t risk losing…”

The images came more rapidly now, flying past his field of view as consciousness approached. Kyle tried to cling to them like a lifeline, tried to find a way to prolong the dream…visions of the future were exceedingly rare for him, and he had never had one he had been able to make out with any measure of clarity before now.

“…one day, he’ll find out…”
“…means he’ll have survived long enough
to find out…”

Kyle’s breathing was deep and labored as the images began to fade away into pinpoints of light.

“Do it.”

Kyle opened his eyes.

He was lying on a clean bed with white sheets. Around him, the walls and ceiling were the same sterile color, and he saw that he was in a medical ward of some sort. Two observation windows bracketed the only door, and as he propped himself up on his elbows he could see that there were other rooms lining the hallway outside of his. Glancing down at his legs, he noticed that they were swathed in bandages, as was his lower back, and there was no pain from them. He could still sense the damage that the mine had done to them, but bacta had begun reversing it while he’d been asleep.

Kyle looked around the room, taking in more of his surroundings. Aside from his bed and a sole bacta tank in the corner, the only other furnishing was a nightstand beside his bed. On it rested a piece of flimsy, folded twice down the middle. He reached over and opened it, his eyes scanning the curving script that had been hand-written on it.

If I find him, it’ll be because you gave me hope. – Clare

A soft smile appeared on Kyle’s face as he reread the note. Of course; Clare had probably left by now, on her way to reunite with her lost love. Briefly Kyle wondered if he would see her again, but he considered the notion unlikely. Contrary to popular belief, he thought sardonically, the galaxy is a big place. He settled on hoping she and Badim would find each other soon. It is as much as I can hope for.

In the meantime, he had more urgent matters to attend to. He reached over to the wall above the nightstand with the Force and flicked the intercom switch. “This is Fenris,” Kyle said. “I’d like to speak with the Captain in person at his earliest convenience.”

If the doctor in charge of the ship’s medical ward was surprised, it didn’t show in his voice. “Certainly, Master Jedi. I’ll pass the message to him.”

As he waited, Kyle slowed his breathing and closed his eyes. He stretched out through the Force and began preparing himself for a light healing trance; he despised floating in bacta while conscious, it was extremely boring. As his mind slipped back into darkness, he considered what he was going to say to the captain when he arrived. The truth.

Tag: Butters Kyle’s set the healing trance so that the word “Fenris” will snap him out of it.
Master and Apprentice First Previous Next Latest

"Do svidonya, mothaf**ka."
-Moff's reaction to spambots.
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 12:34am    Post subject:

41:7:31, 6:37 Standard
Elusive Docking Bay

The YT-1900 merchant ship slinked out of orbit, rapidly approaching the safety of the MC-90 berth. The Captain hadn’t seen the Elusive for three days, seeing it again was breathtaking. He'd forgotten why they chose the name, Elusive, until he was reminded seeing the slick design the ship had relying on a perfectly geometric layout yet still gigantic and all encompassing. It was brightly lit across the entire hull, light brimming from the many plasteel portals. The many powerful turbolasers loomed over his tiny vessel, each nearly the same size as the ship they used to escape, outstretched but not inviting and filled with ultimate firepower that would discourage its enemies.

It truly was the final judgment the New Republic could swiftly bring against any planet or pirate fleet. His thoughts, however, turned to Sarta the Hutt his old boss. His luxury yacht in the distance broke his attention from his brilliant ship as it disappeared into hyperspace, that frakking son of a bitch is not going to get away so easily.

They flew into the docking bay, looming above and under them were the enlarged durasteel blast doors and functioning fighter screen. They landed and the ship platform fell open revealing to Upari the flurry of familiar activity in the docking bay taking the ship in. The medical crews were on standby, waiting for the injured that Upari had indicated on the way up, he’d turned a repulsorlift into a makeshift stretcher for Fenris.

“He stepped on a mine. He is in some kind of trance as well,” Upari told his chief medical officer, an Arkanian named Aarm Airhart. He noticed the doctor eye him.

“You look terrible, captain.” He didn’t realize till now his appearance. He took a quick glance realizing what he meant. His fresh fatigues and clean feeling from the day he left were long gone and replaced with a tattered uniform gilded in a layer of grime. His overshirt covered in feculence soaked in sweat bleeding through the filthy green overshirt and his collar spotted with his own blood. The buttons that had lined his overshirt with pride before they left freshly shined and delicately in order were either torn or ripped entirely off and covered in gunk.

Lugged from his cell to be beaten repeatedly only to be returned to the repugnant mucky filth covered floors had taken a toll on his pants. His green cargo pants were covered in caked mud and crud excrement. His right pant leg torn to give him a bandage over his gaping wound, seeped blood turning the color dark green. He could feel how tired he was, from being beaten and sleeping on an uncomfortable cot in a drab and humid cell. He took stock, glad he lived, but he felt selfish. The marines that went down with them were all murdered, four brave soldiers, because he led them into a trap in his own arrogance.

“Petty Officer Kujaan needs to see you on the bridge,” He could feel the hate filled in the name when he used it and indignation directed toward himself. Usually xenophobic, the Arkanians were intentionally racist toward aliens. Unusually he seemed to sound irritated past addressing a human officer he considered inferior.

“I’d like to go with him to the Medical Bay,” He noticed the medical officer go from irritated to furious, eggheads usually didn’t like company, he thought instinctively.

“We’ll take care of this and I don’t need you interfering,” Arrogant prick. He could tell he was holding back saying something like, your kind. He saved them. Kyle had saved them. The least he could do was see him to a bacta tank. Whatever reservations Upari had toward Jedi had disappeared.

“This man saved our lives. I’m going to see him to the Medical Bay. Chief Petty Officer…” He usually didn’t call rank, this was different though.

“Glad to have you back, sir. We were real worried about you,” The petty officer in charge of the bay came up to Upari to shake his hand. He faded back off the ship and bustling activity. He, with Clare, quickly pushed the stretcher on the turbolift taking it to the Medical Bay.

Walking off the ship the usual bustling activity stopped and the crews started to cheer unrelentingly. They stood clapping with exuberance. These men had been selected personally from ships he had worked on before, he knew them and they knew him. They cared about him while he had been imprisoned on the planet below and his survival ambiguous.

“Move!” Upari yelled, seeing the repulsorlift, they created a corridor for them to run through. Things quickly became a blare and he could hear only his boots, with each step getting louder, his heart pounding harder. One after the other, usually taken for granted, he now found refuge. Concentrating on his stride, he tried to focus his pain in his leg and his head away to keep his pace. Time seemed to slow down as they pushed the repulsorlift toward the turbolift and inside.

41:7:31, 7:15 Standard
Elusive Conference Room

Late for his briefing with his officers he had scheduled for 7 Standard sharp he left the Medical Bay leaving Clare she told him she wanted to leave on her own. He offered her the ride to Coruscant and further to where her lost lover was, but she wanted to go alone. He told her he would look the other way when she finally did.

Still in his ruffled combat fatigues he stood outside with Dua, who he noticed had not been sleeping and looked tired, the responsibility of commanding the ship and the minor details seemed to weigh heavily on him.

“I’m glad to see you back, sir. We were worried you weren’t coming back. I had no idea this thing would spiral out of control like this. The brass is especially pissed hearing you had been kidnapped and the whole Jedi thing. The planet is in chaos and all the blame is on you, sir.” Keicho tried to hide his surprise. He put his hand on his faithful Lieutenant’s shoulder, both to encourage him and to steady himself because of his leg, he only let the doctor put on a bacta patch. He would probably need to spend a few hours in the tank after the briefing.

“You’re a hardworker, Lieutenant. I hope the ship wasn’t too much for you to handle. I won’t let any of you take the fall for this. I’ll accept full responsibility and any consequences that come with it.” He smiled warmly, looking him in the eyes.

“Sir, I’m sorry.” He seemed disturbed and uncertain.

“Don’t worry about it, what happens to me won’t work its way down. That I can and will promise. Now, let’s brief the rest on the situation.” He broke his hold on his navigator and walked into the briefing room, he noticed a dent in the left wall from the fight that broke out between Gial and Dua. He laughed at the previous exchange and he took his seat at the front chair, his chair. Immediately, a holographic version of a Hutt appeared in the center of the conference table.

“Sleemo, je killya um pasa doe beeska wumpa keepuna! Kava doompa D'emperiolo stoopa. Jee bolla killee uba, uba dopa maskey koochoo keepuna! E chu ta! <Slimeball, kill me and ten more will rise in my place! You’re an Imperial fool. I will kill you, you two-faced idiot! *expletive*> End transmission.”

The holograph was translated by the main computer to the other officers. There was apprehension and whispers of disgust at the language, but also puzzlement from some of them. “Schutta!” He seemed to yell back at the vision of his old boss as the holograph faded away. He stood up and began pacing around the table.

“All of you deserve an explanation. I apologize this has had to happen now. Sarta the Hutt has been indicted on nine different worlds for arms dealing violations and numerous infractions dealing with the trade of illegal spice and murder including the death of four New Republic marines from this ship down there. He has vengeance on his mind. For me. He wants to personally see me hang from the highest spires, dying in the worst possible way,” He showed visibly his indignation for the pile of fodder, his respect for his former boss had been long gone and this pettiness finally convinced him his time would be short.

“May,” It was Jry, the usually quiet science officer, “I ask, how do you know him?” Immediately, Gial looked at Thomas with apprehension,

“Well,” Upari started then he noticed Gial standing up out of his seat.

“Sir, can we talk for a second?” He knew, but they didn’t, “Outside?” He followed the commander outside.

“What in the nine Corellian hells do you think you are doing?” He wasn’t sure at first how to react. They knew each other from those days and they both worked for the same boss, they both had incriminating pasts.

“I know what I’m doing and this is important, more important than us. I need their loyalty and your's.”

“Listen, that banthafodder will fly with a weak-minded idiot like Dua, but you know that won’t work with me. You might be thinking you’re the only one that will be brought down by some kind of scandal like this, but you’re wrong, we both will and I’ve had enough disappoint to know this is the best life is going to get and you’re not messing this up for me.” He just realized how little he knew about Gial from his past, what kind of disappointment he was referring to, what made him so bitter.

“I’m the Captain, Commander, I need them and I need you, just trust me you stubborn bastard.” He looked furious.

“I don’t…”

“We’re going back in there and I’m telling the truth, you need to lead, follow or get out of the way, that is what leadership is about. Taking the brave position, maybe not the most convenient or easy one, but the hard one that takes work and courage.” He paused stirring his fellow officer down and he relented, he seemed to agree, however begrudgingly.

“Now, let’s get back in there.” He walked back in to see them all stirring at him, through him, waiting to hear the truth.

“I know him because I used to work for him. I am not Keicho Upari, I am Thomas Heckler, a former Imperial citizen and a criminal involved in his underworld.” He let the stress in the room explode, while others seemed just surprised, they’d been deceived and by the best con-artist.

“This is privileged information and classified, the men cannot know this until I’m ready to tell them. I took the secret identity to escape Sarta when I tried to have him assassinated after I took over the spice smuggling operations on my homeworld. And now that I’m back, I’m asking all of you, to follow me to the end of this thing and see to bringing him to justice.” No one was prepared to hear him say this and Gial left the room in disgust and fear. Fear he was going down with the ship.

“Sir,” uncomfortable and stunned, “I’m willing to see this through, but I don’t like being lied to and hate even more you kept this from us. Not to mention the fact, we could all lose our careers because of you, but you’ve never led us astray before and we know you well enough now that we’re forced to follow along.” It was the first time he ever stood up for himself that he had seen, but this was a different kind of situation and he wasn’t used to it. Heckler could see the nervousness in his face, even if he was an alien, he could see it.

“Listen, I said I would take the fall for this and accept the consequences, which is expected in a leader. I’ll stand up for all of you when we get back to Coruscant. I am asking you all for nothing, nothing but your loyalty.” He stared into their eyes. He saw in them fear and unease, he didn’t want to get them mixed up in this, but he had.

They stood up, one by one, “We’ll stand with you, Captain.”

They nodded their heads, all in agreement. He felt strange, relieved. He didn’t think they would understand, but they did.

41:7:33, 3:15 Standard
Elusive Bridge

Back in his chair, the captain felt at home and while Tresbrac was still uneasy that so many knew now about the old days, he felt like he was coming around. They were in hyperspace, headed back to Coruscant, the trip would take a few days. They stayed a day longer over Atzerri. He needed to sleep and find his groove again before jumping back in his chair. The day before seemed actually normal, routine, which was good. Clare had been long gone and Kyle was still being fixed up in the medical bay. His thoughts were constantly on him, worried he might die, he cared.

"It's Airhart, captain," in his usual cool demeanor, something Heckler definitely missed, Tavira notified the Captain of his incoming message. "I missed you Tavira, put him through."

"Kyle is awake," he sounded surprised, he didn't expect such a speedy recovery and had told him as much. "He... uh... wants to speak with you."

How did you want to do this again?

Tag: Cheapy
Home Again First Previous Next Latest

Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sat, October 02nd 2010 01:47pm    Post subject:

41:7:33, 3:30 Standard
The Medical Bay

Thomas Heckler. His name, he hadn't used it in so long, he had been Keicho Upari and now he wasn't the only one who would have to carry the burden that came with it. He arrived in the Medical Bay to see his medical officer sitting at his desk, Kyle was stretched out on a medical bed behind him, he stood to attention. "Good afternoon Captain Upari, come here for me to look at your leg?" He forgot about the leg again. "I won't have a captain leading with an injury. Now, will you let me have a look?" Heckler had come to see Kyle and he was being ambushed by his chief medical officer. "Look at it while I talk with Kyle." He walked over to his bed and sat next to it, dragging a chair over. "Kyle Fenris, how are you?" Airhart examined his leg while he fell back in the chair.

Tag: Cheapy
Home Again First Previous Next Latest

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Mon Calamari Star Cruiser "Elusive"
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: