Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Dosuun Imperial Supply Outpost
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Dosuun Imperial Supply Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick Zorrin
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 03:58am    Post subject: Dosuun Imperial Supply Outpost

Quote:
The Imperial base at Dosuun was first established at some point prior to 13 Galactic, and was originally a prison installation run by Rax Joris. However, following the rise of Grand Admiral Zend as the leader of the Galactic Empire, the corrupt Joris was "removed from command". Under new leadership, the location was reorganized into an outpost and supply depot. However, the extent of the Galactic Civil War during Zend's original leadership and the peace that followed prevented it from being used to store nearly as much as intended.

As of 41 Galactic, it holds a small number of aging weapons supplies which the Empire has not seen fit to completely decommission as of yet. The most prominent of these are a platoon worth of AT-PT model walkers and flight group of 4 TIE/In Fighters first manufactured sometime prior to the Battle of Endor.

Ams Jendob wrote:
Never underestimate the power of the Moff side. ;)
 Back to top »
Nick Zorrin
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 06:51am    Post subject:

In the main meeting room of the Dosuun base, the majority of the leading command structure had gathered, as well as a few other individuals who supposedly knew what this impromptu meeting was about. Despite this, there weren’t that many people in the room. The base was made up of no more than a Company worth of men – the highest ranking individual and leader of the base was a Captain by the last name of Jenkins. Considering how little value the place held between being out of the way and not holding much worth protecting, even that was considered by some to be a little excessive.

“Please tell me command finally has some real intel.” Said Lieutenant Ozzel, the Base’s SiC, as the last of the individuals summoned entered the room.
“We have something bigger. Much bigger.” Captain Jenkins replied. “At precisely 2335 yesterday, we received what we received what was probably a galaxy-wide communication from a top Imperial official. Here’s the kicker – It was message from Grand Admiral Daara Zend. She’s back.”

A silence spread over the room. For Lt. Zorrin, the words failed to have as great an impact as they did on some of the older officers. To him, Zend was nothing more than a history lesson, and like most the other younger individuals in the room, he had little if any memory from a time before she had made herself scarce.

“Galaxy wide?” He asked. “What frequency did that go through?”
“All of ‘em, as far as we’re concerned.” Jenkins replied. “Interrupted our regular signal and we weren’t able to pick up anything else while it was on.”
“How’s that even possible?” Asked Sergeant Morwell, Nick’s own SiC for the platoon he commanded. If anyone knew, Nick would have guessed the older man would have been the one with an idea. He had to be in his late 50s at least, and was probably the oldest guy on base. “The woman disappears for 20 years and suddenly she knows how to hijack the entire frakken holonet? There’s gotta be something else goin’ on.”
“I have no idea, but for moment, that isn’t our concern.” Captain Jenkins answered him. “What is important is what the message said.”

Nodding to Non-Com that Nick knew was stationed in at communications in the command center, Jenkins had the message re-played for the benefit of everyone in the room. Other than the sound of the Grand Admiral’s voice, the room remained silent as everyone paid very close attention to what she had to say.

“One way or another.” Said the Captain after the message concluded. “We’ve just gone to war.”
“’One way or another?’” Asked Ozzel. “I think the message made it perfectly clear. We need to get in contact with returning Imperial forces and find out who our new superiors are and what our new orders are.”
“No.” Jenkins said. “Until we sort this out and find out what’s really going on, I’m making a command decision that the Moff Council is still in charge. We’ve tried getting in contact with our superiors, but we’ve yet to have any success. Best guess is that we’re jammed out due to everyone trying to figure out what’s going on, but we’ll keep trying.”
“Sir, with all due respect, you’re contacting the wrong people, and that assumes that the Moff Council is even alive anymore.”

Lt. Zorrin could feel the tension mount in the room. Behind him, he noticed Sgt. Morwell take a few steps back to give himself some more room.

”This is not good…”

“Ozzel, I believe that until we have a clear picture, it’s in our best interests to trust the Captain’s judgment on the matter.” He said.
“Normally, I’d agree with you, Lt., but I believe that Admiral Zend outranks Captain Jenkins.”
“Listen to yourself, Lieutenant.” Jenkins said to him. “The woman hasn’t been seen or heard from in 20 frakking years, and suddenly she appears out of nowhere? Something about it smells funny.”
“It looked real to me.” Morwell said. “The attitude, the personality, all of it looked like genuine, real deal Zend. If it’s a fake, it’s d@*# good one.”
“I believe that the Sergeant provides further reason for us to consider this real. What possible purpose could a fake like this serve? If it’s a fake, it couldn’t be held up forever, and what happens with the sithspit that hits the fan afterwards?”
“Regardless, Lieutenant.” Jenkins said, making it clear he was about ready to call Ozzel out on insubordination. “As commander of this base, it is my command decision that until we have absolute confirmation that Zend has taken command Empire from our superiors, we will continue to assume that the Moff Council is in command and act accordingly. You are all dismissed.”

Most of the officers began to move for the exits, but Ozzel remained where he was.

Lieutenant, you are out of line!”
“Sir, as an officer under the service of Grand Admiral Daara Zend and a loyal subject of the Galactic Empire, I must insist you rescind that decision.”

The room grew silent as the two leaders faced off against one another in what was best described as a stare down. Those who were armed brought their hands near their weapons, though none were drawn, at least not yet.

“Lieutenant Norrin Ozzel, as your superior officer and the commander of this base, you are way out of line and acting with insubordination and against orders. You will be temporarily relieved of your position and held…”
“You are acting as agent against the Empire!” Ozzel shouted over the Captain.
“Get him out of here!” Jenkins said, ignoring the Lieutenant.

No one, however, moved. Some agreed with Ozzel on the matter and refused to act against him, others simply weren’t sure who was in the right, while the rest simply wanted to avoid causing the incident that was happening to get worse.

“Do I need to make that an official order?!” Jenkins said as he looked around the room for someone to take action.
“Captain Hans Jenkins, you are acting with insubordination against the leadership of the Galactic Empire. It is my duty to relieve you of your command and…”
“You can’t…”

The room watched as both Jenkins and Ozzel drew their weapons. Jenkins drew first, but Ozzel grabbed the Captain’s arm and aimed the weapon upwards. He didn’t get his own weapon aimed right, however, before he took a knee to his gut, and bent over. The Captain took a step back, aimed his blaster…

…and the sound of a weapon firing caused him to look down and find that a blaster bolt had gone through his gut. Half falling over, Ozzel stood up with a recently used gun, aimed, and shot the Captain a second time, causing him to fall over dead.

Zorrin pulled his own weapon and aimed it at Ozzel, but before he could do anything, he found that he in turn had a weapon aimed at him, and soon everyone who was armed either was aiming at someone or being aimed at. In most cases, it was both.

“Let the record show,” Said Ozzel, calm as could be. “That Captain Jenkins was killed resisting arrest for acting against orders. As his Second in Command, I will now take command and attempt to establish contact with our new superiors.”
“You just shot the Captain!” Zorrin said.
“As I said, he was killed resisting arrest.”

He turned to face Nick, never even seeming to notice he had a blaster pointed at him.

“Given the circumstances, I can overlook the very serious problem of you pointing an armed weapon at a superior officer. However, it will be necessary to ensure that all men on base are loyal to Admiral Zend and the true Empire. You can start by lowering that gun.”

Nick refused to do so, but he refrained from pulling the trigger.

“You are aware there is a blaster pointed at you as well, correct? Shoot me and you’ll be dead before you hit the floor, Lieutenant.”

He continued to hold out his weapon, however, refusing to budge either way.

“I’m sorry to see that. I’m afraid I’ll have no choice but to place you under arrest. Hand over your weapon, please.”

Again, Nick refused to move, and would have continued to do so had he not felt a blaster press up against the base of his skull.

“My apologies, sir.” He heard Morwell say behind him. “But order are orders.”

Giving off a sigh of surrender, Nick slowly handed his weapon over to Ozzel.

“Very good. Anyone else?”

A few other individuals did likewise, handing their blasters over to the nearest person taking orders from the new base commander.

“Take them away.”

As he was lead off to the detention area, Nick couldn’t help but shake his head in disbelief at how bad a turn the galaxy seemed to have just taken.

Ams Jendob wrote:
 Back to top »
Nick Zorrin
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 02:09pm    Post subject:

Nick didn’t even bother any attempt to keep track of how long he was in his cell, but when the door opened, he had no doubt that it hadn’t been that long since the very man who had put him here was standing at the entrance.

“Morwell.”
“Arm up Lieutenant.”

Confused at just what his…supposedly former…Sergeant was up to, he almost missed catching the blaster rifle that was thrown his way. Once he had secured it, he immediately aimed it at its supplier.

“I call it being smart.” Morwell said as he armed the blaster rifle he was still holding. “I had no idea of knowing how many people would go along with Ozzel, so I had to play along till I could find out who’s with us and who we’ll have to shoot at. And now, Lt. Ozzel has conveniently gathered all his opposition together.”
“So you were never on Ozzel’s side?”
“Frak no. I don’t care who she thinks she is. No one gets to run off and hide like that for 20 years then just come back and have any expectation of people just coming back to her. Even Palpatine was only gone for six and he had the legitimate excuse of being dead.”

Nick allowed himself a chuckle before he followed out and headed down the hallway to where everyone appeared to be gathered near the detention hall entrance. Taking up everyone’s focus was Lt. Lara Graves.

“Who’s in charge?” Zorrin asked as joined the group.
“I am.” Graves replied. “At least until we can free Lt. Bach. Morwell, how many are left?”
“That’s all of them.” He heard the Sergeant say from the other end of the hall.
“Alright. Here’s where we stand, people. We have two objectives if we want to take back this base. Sgt. Morwell has informed me that Ozzel has re-activated this base’s original holding cells to hold the rest of the dissenters, including 2nd Lieutenant Bach."

"Our first objective will be to free those prisoners. That will be the job of Alpha team, which I’ll lead. Once Bach is free, he will take over as our senior officer. Our second objective will be to take back the command center and detain Ozzel and those most loyal to him. Sgt. Morwell will lead that team. Lt. Zorrin, you’ll take a small tertiary team and provide distraction. Secure weapons storage, head through the hanger bag, then rig up the TIEs and walkers to blow in case we fail. If we can’t have this base, I sure as #*$$ don’t want Ozzel keep his hands on our best stuff."

"Once Alpha and Gamma team have completed their objectives, they’ll meet up with Beta team to help him secure the command center and Ozzel if that hasn’t been completed already. Any questions?”

“Just how many people are we up against?” Zorrin asked.
“I don’t have a clear image there, unfortunately.” Morwell responded. “But if we can free the other prisoners, we should have the numerical advantage. There’s a few men who are completely loyal to Ozzel on base, and more who are unlikely to switch sides anymore. There’s a good number, however, who will probably join up with us when they get a heads up as to just what’s taking place. Most of them don’t realize what happened, and some of them don’t even know that Jenkins is dead yet.”

His answer finished, Graves looked around a couple seconds to see if anyone else had anything. When nothing came, she had people start moving for the door.

“Then let’s move out.”

Ams Jendob wrote:
 Back to top »
Nick Zorrin
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, June 23rd 2010 03:28pm    Post subject:

It was a tense situation as Nick took the men Graves had assigned to him to Weapons Storage. While Morwell had been able to get a few weapons in for the former prisoners before he had freed the cell block beyond the small number of extras stored in the detention command area and those held by the guards, the priority of the other teams and their need for weapons had meant that out of his four man team, only Zorrin had received a weapon.

Fortunately, as they made their way to their first destination, there was no sign of trouble, and they were able to stay out of sight of the men who were patrolling the halls. It was clear, though, that Lt. Ozzel was cracking down hard to make sure there wasn’t anyone walking around free with any thoughts of loyalty to the Moff Council. Too bad for him that he was already too late.

“Two guards at the door.” Said Corporal Phang as the group stood hidden near their destination. “They don’t seem to know we’re here. Should be easy to take out.”

Glancing around, Nick took a look at who was on duty.

“I have a better idea.” He said, and handed his weapon to Private Mharks. “Get ready to shoot if this doesn’t go well.”
“What are you thinking, sir?” Phang asked, his tone of voice making it clear he had an idea what was about to happen and he wasn’t a fan of it.

Acting as though nothing was out of the ordinary, Zorrin left his cover and approached the soldiers on duty.

“Sir!” one of them said as he approached. Though they already appeared to be alert, both stood at attention and saluted.
“Lt. Zorrin, I’d heard you’d been detained.” Said the other, a man he recognized as a Private Hughs.
“Is that so?” Nick asked. “And who did you hear this from?”
“Lt. Ozzel passed down a message saying Captain Jenkins was planning to set the base up to go rogue. Your name was included in a list of officers who were conspiring with him.”
“Clearly” Nick replied. “Since you haven’t threatened to shoot me yet, you’re not entirely on board with this story.”
“I don’t know, sir.” The other guard said. “I don’t see any reason not to trust the Lieutenant, but his story just doesn’t feel right. And now, seeing you walking around free…”

Zorrin nodded as he listed to what the man had to say.

“Listen to your gut, solider. You’re right not to accept what Ozzel is saying. Here’s the truth. Jenkins is dead. Yesterday, we received a message supposedly from Grand Admiral Daara Zend. We’ve yet to receive confirmation from our superiors that this message is genuine. Ozzel, however, took it at face value, and when the Captain refused to wait for that confirmation, Ozzel acted with insubordination and shot Jenkins. He then arrested those present who refused to go along with him. Based on what you’ve told me, I assume he is trying to keep the base out of the loop on what he’s doing until such time that Zend’s forces can send someone to back him up and bring Dosuun under her control.”

The two soldiers looked at one another, neither sure at first whether the Lieutenant was telling the truth, but slowly, Hughs seemed to come to accept it.

“I can’t believe it. Why would Ozzel do that?” he asked.
“I don’t know.” Zorrin said to him. “I don’t know whether he saw an opportunity to advance his own career, or if he truly believes he’s doing the right thing, but I do know that he stepped way beyond the line and now, he needs to be taken care of. You now have a choice. You can either stand by Ozzel and what he’s doing, or you can stand against him and guard the weapons for our side instead of his.”

A second of silence, and then the first soldier spoke up.

“What do you need us to do, sir?”

Nick looked behind him to where the people assigned to him were hiding and nodded for them to approach.

“We need access to Weapons Storage. Then, I need you to ensure that Ozzel doesn’t have access to it. There are three other officers currently in command of taking back this base. Lt. Graves is in charge at the moment, and will be trying to free Lt. Bach. The third is Sgt. Morwell. If anyone taking orders from them needs access, you need to give it to them. Anyone answering to Ozzel, you need to keep out. Do you understand this, soldier?”
“Yes sir.”
“Corporal Phang, let’s arm up.”

Ams Jendob wrote:
 Back to top »
Nick Zorrin
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, June 24th 2010 03:59am    Post subject:

Entry to the TIE hangar and AT-PT garage went about as smooth as could be hoped. There were a few soldiers that needed to be neutralized along the way, but they were easily handled through stun shots and other various means of incapacitation. While Zorrin had his doubts about how long they would be able to stick to non-lethal methods, he intended to avoid killing anyone for as long as he could. As far as he knew, most of the personnel on base were still allied Imperial soldiers who didn’t know what was really going on. He was not interested in eliminating someone who could very well turn out to be on his side if he didn’t have to.

Plus, it served a secondary purpose. One of his groups main objectives was to provide distraction, something they were already behind on providing. By leaving people behind to realize what was going on, he and his men left someone who would be able to send troops away from other positions to his location. That was, if they weren’t found by someone who was still conscious first.

It was after they entered the upper-level doors and stunned down a mechanic located there that the alarm finally went off.

“Looks like they found out about us.” Zorrin said.
“About time.” Added Phang.

The men in lower level of the hanger quickly took notice that there were unexpected – and armed – people in the room. Naturally, those who were able drew or aimed their weapons and opened fire. Two were taken down by stun bolts before Zorrin’s team was forced to back away and make the most of the cover the high ground afforded them.

“Phang, plant the charges! The rest of us will cover you! Roxenn, lock that door!”

The TIE charges would be the easiest. They had high ground working in their favor. It would be the walkers that would be the real challenge.

Leaning out from what amounted to his cover, Zorrin knocked out another one of the soldiers present, though he knew that things were working very much against him at the moment.

“Sir, the first reinforcements are showing up!” Mharks informed him.
“Then we’re doing our job.”

But it was then that it hit him. Getting down to the walkers, with just the four of them, would be practically impossible with the incoming troops. There were just too many angles they could be shot from. But then it occurred to him that the objective was to ensure they could destroy the walkers if Ozzel wasn’t dealt with. They didn’t need to actually plant charges on the walkers physically for that to happen.

“Phang, we have enough to bring this building down?” he asked Phang as the group moved around to the second TIE.
“I don’t know, Sir. If we plant them in the right locations, but I’m not an expert on that.”
“Enough to drop the ceiling on the ATs?”
“I think we could do that. It could bring down the TIEs at the same time.”
“Then that’s our new plan!” Zorrin said as he took out another trooper. “Plant what you need to and then we lead these guys out of here!”
“Sir, what’s to stop them from removing the charges once we leave?” Roxenn asked.
“Corporal, make sure you put those things somewhere they won’t find them. At least not right away.”

Ams Jendob wrote:
 Back to top »
Nick Zorrin
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, June 24th 2010 04:36pm    Post subject:

While Phang placed the charged, the area was quickly becoming more than they could handle. It was a wonder they had managed to avoid getting hit for as long as they had, though Zorrin guessed that by now, they were aware of what the other former prisoners were up to and his group had gone from being the only priority to being the least of Ozzel’s problems.

“Corporal, we need to get out of here!”
“One…I got it!”

The soldier leapt from his location back down to the upper walkway and brought his blaster back up. There was an exit point nearby, but only Mharks keeping a near constant eye on it had prevented anyone from storming through.

“Mharks, stunner. Clear the way.”

The Private took out a stun grenade, armed in, and bounced it out the door. Zorrin quickly followed the explosion by moving across the doorway, checking to see if there was anyone still waiting who could target them, and hit the one trooper he saw with a stun blast.

“Move it, everyone out!”

He kept watch as Mharks and Roxenn moved out the door. Phang was right behind them, but a shooter got their mark and hit him from behind, dropping him to the ground.

“Phang!”
“Aah!”

He was still alive, but the shot had clearly hit him bad. He tried to reach for him and see if he could be brought with, but follow-up fire prevented it.

“Just go!” Phang shouted.

Zorrin didn’t bother arguing, and followed the other two troopers out the door.

“We’re sitting ducks out here.” Mharks said. “There’s no cover!”

Zorrin looked around to see how far they had to move before the would have something to hide behind, but nothing at ground level stood out. The man was right, they were like targets in a shooting gallery.

“The roof.” He realized. “Get to the roof!”

He hit another trooper with a stun blast as they leaned out to shoot, giving his two soldiers the time they needed to climb to the higher ground. In turn, he was covered for as Roxenn pulled him up. It wasn’t the best they could hope for, but it kept them a little bit safer for at least a little bit longer. Hopefully, Morwell would accomplish his task soon and they won’t need to worry about it much longer.

Ams Jendob wrote:
 Back to top »
Nick Zorrin
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, June 26th 2010 06:49am    Post subject:

While it served as a temporary escape from their pursuers, Zorrin knew that the roof would not work for long. As soon as everyone still assigned to take care of them knew where they were, it would be easy for them to follow and surround them. So the Lieutenant kept them moving at full speed until they reached a point he felt suitable for returning to a lower level.

They came down at ground level just inside the base walls, which left them with only two directions they could go. The limitation worked both ways, however, as it also made it easy to see if anyone was approaching.

“Should we head for the command center, Sir?” Roxenn asked as they all reached the ground.
“Now would be as good a time as any.”

They moved for the building corner, but when Nick peeked around, he saw their position wasn’t as good as he had hoped.

“Sith, they know where we are.”

He backed behind cover again as one of the troopers spotted him and fired. Unlike last time, they were too far off for him to open the way with a stun grenade.

“Mharks, head back the other way. Roxenn, cover him. I’ll keep them here then follow if the other way is clear.”

He leaned around the corner and shoot down a trooper who was moving in. When he leaned around again, however, he noticed that the remainder appeared to be pulling back. That was sign that either something really good had happened or something really bad.

“Lieutenant!”

Quickly realizing that the voice wasn’t coming from either Roxenn or Mharks, he looked back around to see that one of the troops was throwing a…commlink? He was initially skeptical about what it might mean, but there was at least one man he could see that appeared to be reluctantly laying down his weapon. Blaster up, he came from behind cover and picked up the device.

“Lt. Bach, is that you?”
”No it is not, but I hope I’m a suitable alternative.” he heard the recognizable voice on the other end.
“Sgt. Morwell?”
”Reporting in, Lieutenant. We have control of the base. Ozzel refused to surrender, but once we took him out the rest of the command staff was smart enough to know they were beaten. They’re giving the orders to stand down as we speak.”
“Good work, Sergeant.” Zorrin replied, giving a sigh of relief. “How does Lt. Bach want us to proceed in responding to anyone still interested in fighting?”

There was a brief pause that followed and left him worried about just what the Sergeant was waiting to say. As he waited, however, the backed up a little and signaled to Roxenn and Mharks to fall back to his position.

”You should probably come up to the command center, Sir. You’re going to want to be up here while we sort things out.”

“Alright, Morwell, how bad is the situation?”

There were a couple of people lead past him as he entered the command center. One of them an officer who had just recently been on the other side of the table, so to speak. The CC itself looked as though it hasn’t suffered much from Morwell’s attack, and the Sergeant himself was busy relaying orders into a communicator as a few troopers cleaned up things around him, including taking care of the body of the recently deceased Lt. Ozzel.

“Hold on that.” Morwell said before turning to Nick. “I have good news, bad news, and worse news for you, Lieutenant. Any preference?”
“Just give me everything, Sergeant. Like why haven’t I seen or heard yet about Bach or Graves.”
“That’s part of the bad news.” He replied. “Bach’s dead. Someone got a good shot off at him while they were getting him out of his cell.”
“And Graves?” He asked, having a bad feeling about the answer.
“Not doing so well. From what the medic told me, she’s lucky to be alive. They’ve got her stable so she probably won’t die on us, but she’ll need time in a bacta tank before she’s in any condition to fight, let along command.”
“So who’s in charge?” Nick asked, but he could guess at what the answer was already.
“Everyone else is either dead or sided with Ozzel, so by process of elimination, that leaves you.”

He tried to think if there was anything else that might have been missing, but as far as he could tell, the Sergeant was correct. With every other commissioned officer out of action for one reason or another, he was the highest-ranking person left on base.

“Ah frak…” He said, leaning over a nearby console.
“Yeah, congrats.” Morwell said, half-sarcastically. Zorrin doubted it meant as a statement of confidence, or lack thereof, but rather an expression that he too could tell that his assumption of command was not a good sign of where things were.

He did now allow himself much time to consider the matter. If he was in charge now, he needed to start fixing the situation as best he could. That meant starting by not worrying about just how bad Ozzel’s mess had gotten.

“What else do we have to worry about?” Nick said, standing up and trying to assume an air of authority.
“First thing is sorting out the Zend situation. Sergeant?”

Morwell indicated to a male humanoid standing behind Zorrin, a Tech Sergeant who was operating a communications panel.

“Sirs.” The man replied, and handed Nick a datapad. “We’ve yet to hear back from anyone with command authority in the Remnant, so we don’t have ‘official’ confirmation on the matter. However, there’s been no debate over general news frequencies to suggest there’s anything fake about it. As far as anyone is concerned, Daara Zend has returned to the Galaxy.”
“Word is that Obroa-Skai has confirmed it, though.” Morwell added. “Be pointless by now to hold out any thoughts it’s a fake.”
“Ozzel, you fool.” Nick said as he scanned the datapad. “If only you’d been able to wait you would have gotten exactly what you wanted.”
“May not have entirely been his fault, sir.” Morwell said.

Zorrin turned to look at the Sergeant and tried to figure out what he was talking about.

“Excuse me?” he asked.
“Just something about ‘Ozzels’ and making smart military decisions that doesn’t go together.” The Sergeant replied. “But discussion for another time.”

Nick just nodded and returned his attention to the matter at hand.

“You said we’ve yet to hear anything from command itself?” he asked.
“Correct. No doubt they’re still busy sorting things out.” The Tech Sarge said. “Ozzel tried contacting Zend’s forces, but as far as we can tell he wasn’t successful. We shut that down as soon as the command center was taken.”
“Good.” Zorrin said, before he realized a new complication.

“We need to find out where everyone stands.”
“What do you mean?” Morwell asked.
“Originally, this all broke out based on one man’s decision to step out of line and kill his superior.” Zorrin explained. “While you made your dislike of Zend clear from when we turned the tables, we’ve now confirmed Ozzel’s original premise, however wrong he may have been about how to respond.”
“Sir, tell me you are not saying you’re changing your mind on this.”
“No, not at all.” Zorrin replied. “I never served under Zend like you did, so I don’t have the same perspective on this as you do. But I agree with your general idea. We were all doing fine before she showed up. If the history books I’ve read are any indication, better than before she left. So by what right does she have to come along and expect us all to ask “how high?” when she says “jump”? No, we need to stick with the Moff Council. Or, if what she said about a new Emperor is right, whoever he may be. Or her. Whoever they picked to fill in that job.

Thing is, we don’t know if everyone who was upset about Jenkins will be thinking the same thing. It’s possible there are some people who fought with us who, as soon as they find out what’s really going on, might decide Ozzel was right after all. Think about it, Sergeant.”
“We could be looking at the scenario we just went through starting all over.”
“Exactly.”

Morwell quickly headed for the exit.

“I’ll get right on it.”
“Wait, first.” Zorrin said, stopping him. “First, do you know if Corporal Phang is alright?”
“No idea, Sir. Why?”
“He planted the charges in the hanger bay. If he’s in good enough condition, have him take a team and put those explosives back where they’re safe. Mharks and Roxenn were the other two working with me. If Phang isn’t available, they’re the next best thing.”
“I’ll see to it.” Morwell replied, and then he was gone.

Ams Jendob wrote:
 Back to top »
Nick Zorrin
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, June 27th 2010 06:15am    Post subject:

“So where do we stand?”

Nick Zorrin looked around the room at the temporary command staff he had assembled. Besides himself, there were four others – A Sergeant General IA, a Sergeant General, a Senior Master Tech Sergeant, and an SMC Warrant Officer. The fact that everyone besides himself was a non-com would have worried him a lot more if he hadn’t taken into account the fact that the base hadn’t been that big to begin with. If it Dosuun had been much bigger than a Company-level outpost, however, it would have been a much more pressing concern. But even then, it was stark reminder about just how much thing had tumbled.

“I’ve got some genuinely good news this time.” Sgt. Morwell started. “The vast majority of people who were with us against Ozzel have stuck with us in light of the Zend confirmation. There was a small number that thought otherwise, but they’ve been detained. Everyone on base who’s in any position to do anything at this point should be on our side.”
“Just in case any of them are toying with pulling Morwell’s move,” added Sergeant Hicks, “Extra security has been assigned to the detention area for the time being.”
“And the charges?” Zorrin asked.
“Retrieved and locked up.” Answered Officer Sinde.

Zorrin simply nodded his head in acknowledgment, glad that the most immediate problem was taken care of.

“Still nothing from the Remnant?” He asked.
“Negative.” Replied Sergeant Mitsun, the Tech Sergeant that had been working on that particular issue since Ozzel had been removed from command. “I’ve tried to get through and let them know our situation, but there’s yet to be anything other than a generic response.”
“Still too many other chatter going through, and we don’t rank very high on the priority list.” Hicks guessed, thinking out loud.
“Possible.” Nick replied.

Which meant until he heard otherwise, he’d have to assume they wouldn’t be getting any assistance from the Remnant if more problems were encountered.

“Mitsun, you said it didn’t appear that Ozzel had gotten though to Zend’s forces either, correct?”
“Not from the communication records. If he did, no one ever got back to him.”
“But that doesn’t mean they don’t know about us and have no plans of stopping by to check up on him.” Zorrin speculated.
“No way of knowing.”
“That may be a point where our small size works to our advantage.” Morwell added. “She may not send anyone to pay a visit for a while simply because we’re not an important target. She’s got bigger targets to worry about right now.”
“Unfortunately, we can’t simply rely on that for our defense. What are we looking at if she does send someone to investigate? What do we have to work with and what will we likely have to go up against?”
“Base side, we’re down to somewhere around 100.” Hicks replied. “There’s still some people who are getting checked to see how bad their injuries are, so we don’t have completely accurate count yet.”
“Doesn’t make a difference if she sends anything with serious firepower.” Said Morwell.

Silently, Nick had to agree. The base had never been designed to hold off any kind of serious invasion. But then, the place wasn’t exactly important enough for a real invasion anyway.

“Speaking of which.” He said. “What will be probably be facing?”
“Zend’s a bit of a mixed bag.” Morwell said. “But as far as we’re concerned, she’s of the Palpatine era Imperial Efficiency school of thought. If we get the attention of anything with heavy firepower, her most likely tactic will be to bomb the site from orbit and shift through the rubble once we’re all dead. If that happens, there’s not a *@#^ thing any of us can do about it.”
“Except she’s unlikely to waste anything with that kind of power on someone like us.” Zorrin said, looking for good news by summarizing one of the earlier points of the conversation.
“Right.” Morwell answered. “That, and our new prisoners might be a tactical advantage. Based on her message, the most important thing we might have right now is Ozzel’s former followers. It’s possible whoever comes might be assigned to rescue them and eliminate everyone else. If that’s the case, we have a hope of holding out, however slim.”
“What are you thinking?”

The Sergeant activated the rooms holo-emitter, and brought up a display of the outpost.

“If there’s interest in rescuing those loyal to her, the detention area will be the safest place on base. She can’t bomb it if she wants them alive.”
“You’re thinking we take cover in the detention area?”
“Probably our best bet.”

Zorrin looked at the holodisplay, and brought the focus in on the detention zone.

“I don’t like it.” He said after he’d had an opportunity to glance at the schematics. “It may save us from getting hit from above, but if we take cover in there, I’m not seeing any easy escape routes. It’ll be far too easy to get trapped in there.”

He retreated the image back up to base level.

“I’m not interested in becoming a martyr if I don’t have to, Sergeant.”
“I’m just calling it as a I see it, Sir.”

At least it was better than nothing. Realistically, there were few options for fighting off anyone with genuine interest in taking the base and the firepower to back it up by themselves.

“I’ll take the idea into advisement, but there has to be better options. We have the TIE’s and walkers, if can make use of those we need to do it. We could potentially take cover in the area during any initial bombardment then move out to better cover, but I’m still not a fan of the idea.”

He stepped back to better consider the options, but for the moment, they weren’t coming. It was hard to tell what to do when there were far too many possibilities in play that were purely theoretical. The rest of the group kept quite as he pondered, but he could tell from their looks that they too were considering other possibilities.

“See if there’s anyone on base who can do some small scale impromptu base re-design. Maybe we can make the idea work if we change other things around. But in the meantime, let’s see if any other options pop up.”

Their best option, though, would still be if someone could get back to them over the communications network.

“Last thing for the moment. Sergeant Mitsun, if we can’t get a response from the Imperial Remnant, see if there’s anyone else who can help. Check any other Imperial lines we have and standard GU military frequencies. Maybe there’s someone further down the totem pole who can lend us a hand, or possibly someone who doesn’t have as much on their hands.”
“The Galactic Union?” Morwell scoffed. “You’re going to call up the Rebels?”
“New Republic, Sergeant, among others. As long as they’re allied with the Empire, I don’t care who shows up and helps. We have procedures for that.”
“Permission to speak freely, sir?”
“Granted.” Nick answered, though he was worried about what the man might have to say.

“Frak that.”
“Mind clarifying?”
“We don’t need the Rebels for this, Sir. Or for that matter, the rest of ‘em. Sure, check the other Imperial frequencies, but if they don’t have the same interests at heart, we’re better off waiting.”
“Sergeant, if they’re our allies, they most definitely have the same interests at heart, at least as far as Zend it concerned. I’m not sure what your problem with the NR is, but we’ve got bigger things to worry about. We have wounded that should be shipped home for proper medical care, not to mention the prisoners we can get off our hands. And if Zend doesn’t know they’re here anymore, if she ever knew they were here at all, that may even work in our favor.”

He waited to see if Morwell had any kind of rebuttal, but he just stayed quiet.

“Is there anything else, Sergeant?”
“No, sir.” Morwell said. “I just want to make my objection to this idea clear, for the record. So that if anyone asks, I can verify that I do not agree with it.”
“So noted.” Nick replied, hoping this wasn’t the start of another round of hostile takeovers. “Sergeant Mitsun, get to work.”

Ams Jendob wrote:
 Back to top »
Nick Zorrin
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, September 16th 2010 07:38pm    Post subject:

She was beautiful, with not an inch of her that Nick didn’t wish he couldn’t hold in his arms. That was the thing of it, though, as the only thing that could have made it better was if she were the real thing, rather than just a hologram. But with the way things were, it would have to suffice.

“Sir?”

Nick quickly turned the hologram off and placed the imager into a pocket. In the doorway stood Sergeant Morwell.

“Sergeant Mitsun recently received a transmission.” Nick said as he stood from his chair, and Roc entered the room. It had been Jenkins office, before Ozzel had gone and made a mess of things. Now Nick “Zend’s taken Muunilinst.”
“That won’t help anything. Still no response from the higher ups?” The Sergeant said, his voice failing to give any indication on his thoughts in the matter.
“Not as yet. But I’m planning to keep the bad news under wraps for now.” Said the Lieutenant. “Things are tense enough as it is. Last thing I need right now is to give anyone a reason to rethink their allegiance.”
“Word of advice, Sir?”
“Anything you can offer.”
“Tell them. They’re going to find out sooner or later, and it’ll be better if they find out that rather than finding out you were hiding it from them. If you do your duty, they’ll stay behind you.”

Nick silently nodded his head a little, recognizing the value in the words.

“I shouldn’t be here.” He said, barely audible.
“Where, Dosuun?” Morwell responded, clearly hearing it all the same.
“Arguably, that too.” Zorrin said with a smirk, then went serious again. “But I’m talking about this chair. I’m only sitting in it because of a series of freak incidents.”
“Consider yourself lucky.” Morwell said. “You just got stuck with an insignificant out of the way outpost. Think of how much Palleon had dropped on him.”
“And you know how fast he gave the job to someone else?” Zorrin replied.

“But still, thanks.” He added.
“Anytime.”

“So where do we stand with base defenses?” Zorrin said, switching topics to the more pressing matter at hand.
“We’re near completion to a backdoor exit to the detention area. Should be undetectable, and since it’s not in the original plans, they shouldn’t be able to plan for it. Everyone’s still on high alert, and we’re working on fixing up further defensive and fallback points.”
“Good. I’ll head out, take a look myself, and see what else we might be able to do. Till further notice, I want you to oversee the remaining preparations themselves.”
“Yes sir.”

Morwell started back out the door, but stopped and turned around again.

“Who is she?”
“Hmm?” Nick wondered, not quite sure what he was referring to.
“The hologram.”
“My girlfriend.” Nick said. “It’s difficult enough to stay in contact out here as it is, but with the way things have been, I’ve no idea if she might have been caught in the middle of any of it. And as much as I’m keeping my mind on what needs to be done, I just can’t shake my worries about her.”

There was a lull in the room as Roc looked as if he was considering whether to say something or not.

“Do you love her?” He said finally.
“Of course.”
“Word of advice, sir - if you really do, do whatever to you have to hold on to her. Contact her as often as you’re able. And be sure she knows she means the galaxy to you. Even if you have to tell her that every time you see her.”

“Wow, I wouldn’t have taken you for the romantic type.” Nick said.
“Just take the advice and use it, kid.”
“Thanks.” Nick said, still surprised at the sudden words of advice from his executive officer.

“One more thing.” He added in before the Sergeant left the room. “If Zend sends someone and we all die, I just want to let you know it’s been an honor serving with you.”
“I can’t say there’s been much service in it yet kid, but the sentiment is mutual.”

Nick snickered as he made to follow Morwell out of the room and attend to his own duties.

“You know, I could probably write up you on insubordination for referring to me that way.”
“What, ‘kid’?”
“Exactly.”
“Please. Even if you had it in you, I’ve survived far, far worse.”

(Click here to Continue)

Ams Jendob wrote:
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Dosuun Imperial Supply Outpost
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: