Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Taris - Sector 148
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Taris - Sector 148
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, June 17th 2010 03:32pm    Post subject: Taris - Sector 148

Badim walked the early morning streets of Taris with Dorniekke, while H6 stayed on the ship along with a still sleeping Clare. He peered around every corner, staring at the pristine environment, he turned to Dorn as he did the same. It was a beautiful place, verbalizing how Clare would have love to seen this. But he knew she wanted some sleep, since their encounter on Nar Shaddaa, she had only had three hours of sleep, not including the half-hour she napped in the hanger on Coruscant. This was one she needed.

Jaxor Soilding began to ring in his head again, he turned to Dorniekke and asked, “How’d you hear about Jaxor?”

Dorn looked at Badim with his horizontally split pupils, he quickly began to recall the information, “Shortly after I arrived on Coruscant, I heard a mechanic mention a Jaxor Soilding, being good friends of his father‘s. I then asked where he lived and he just simply told me ‘Taris‘. Then I bumped into you the day after.”

Badim asked if he knew where on Taris he was. He didn’t know except that he was within Sector 148, which they were traveling through now. Badim stopped, saying he needed to head back and get Clare, while Dorniekke dug a little more on a more direct location. Badim turned and walked back towards the Remedy.

Lineage Plot First Previous Next Latest

Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, June 17th 2010 07:57pm    Post subject:

Clare exited the Remedy from her rest. The first full night she had had in the last few days. She felt energized and enlightened from her rest. She was a little disappointed that Badim didn’t wake her up so she could enjoy Taris with him, but he must have been letting her get some rest. H6’s feet clanged as they hit the ground besides her. H6 demanded that he follow, to which she took as a gesture of protection. But it could just be him being paranoid, still thinking Clare was still trying to kill Badim. The fact was that she wasn’t, she loved him dearly and almost committed suicide in an attempt to save him from Candrog. She clung to him in Candrog’s Hall with tears, fearing she had lost him forever.

She’d never met a man like him: mysterious, intriguing and care for the wellbeing of innocents caught in the path of crosshairs. She imagined how many of her assassinations were in fact innocents themselves. It was almost constantly in her mind. She felt cold, alone almost. She thought back to most of them, rival crime lords, people working for said crime lords, or someone operating in the slavery business, much like Badim’s assassinations. But a select few stayed with her, staining her existence. But she looked up from the ground to see Badim ahead of her. She realized that she could use him to help her move on; similar to how he searched for Sara for redemption.

“Sorry, I didn’t wake you up this morning.” Badim apologized as he turned and walked next to her.

“I’m glad you didn’t, I needed the sleep.” she quickly replied.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, June 17th 2010 11:08pm    Post subject:

Several hours later

Clare and Badim went in the direction of the Sector-148 apartments, where Dorniekke had found the possible address for Jaxor Soilding. Badim looked up and saw the building in sight, almost glowering at him. He froze, he suddenly felt afraid to explore his past, his feet covered themselves with duracrete to prevent him from continuing. The shadows of the building engrossed around him, penetrating him with thoughts about what could happen in the next few minutes.
Clare reached and grabbed his hand, showing him a confident smile. She told him everything would be alright, but he shook his head no matter how she reassured. She began to pull him towards the building, and he couldn’t do anything but follow her. They entered the lobby, the two walked up to the receptionist and Clare asked if Jaxor Soilding was in. The woman checked her computer and quickly replied,
“Yes,” she said, “May I ask why you're visiting?”

Clare looked at him, then quickly replied, “We’re here to see a relative. Can we go see him?”

The woman nodded as she grabbed a datapad, “Yes, you can, he and his wife are on the seventeenth floor, apartment twenty-three.” Clare nodded and pulled Badim‘s hand again. The woman asked one last question, “But can I ask for your names? That way I can let Jaxor know you’re coming.”

Clare turned and smiled, “Clare Velez and Badim Soilding.”

The receptionist nodded and started to dial the room with the holophone. Clare led Badim to the turbolift, the doors slid open and a small group of people exited the lift. The two entered and the door shut. Badim almost painfully watched the holographic numbers within rise as the lift ascended. 17 flashed on as the doors opened once more. Badim found a sort of courage and exited by himself, not having to be dragged by Clare. She followed on his side as they both peered at the numbers on the apartment doors.
“There it is.” Clare said as she pointed to apartment twenty-three. Clare stood next to Badim, waiting for him to knock. He reached for the door and hovered his hand over it, something held him back, his courage washing away. Clare reached and put her hand on his wrist while she smiled. Badim closed his eyes and knocked twice. He almost felt like pulling out the typical, ‘Oh-well-they’re-not-home’ crap, but he opened his eyes and stayed.

The door opened after a moment of silence, revealing an old woman in her late sixties. She just simply said it was nice to see the two and invited them in. The two entered and introduced themselves, being led to a set of couches where an old man in his seventies sat. Jaxor Soilding.

“How are you doing, Badim?” he said quickly as he got up from his seat to greet the two. He gave them firm handshakes and customary hugs. He went back to his seat and groaned as he planted himself down, “I haven’t seen you since my last trip to Nar Shaddaa with Jan twenty years ago. Back then you were just a little youngster.” he finished jokingly.

Badim lightened up and relaxed next to Clare on the couch, “I’m doing fine… I’m sorry if this sudden visit is out of place, I just wanted to meet you.”

Jan sat next to Jaxor as he extended his arms in surprise, “Not to worry. It feels good to get a visit from my grandson!”

Grandson. These two weren’t his parents, Jaxor just confirmed it. But he had already ruled that out on Coruscant yesterday. He reached down and grabbed his wrist, rubbing it gently, feeling what soreness and pain remained of the crash on Rhen Var. He leaned in, but before he could ask the question he wanted to ask, Jaxor asked a question himself, his face suddenly only showing a faint smile of curiosity, “Besides wanting to meet me and Jan,” he said, “What are you two doing on beautiful Taris?”

Badim looked at Clare, she looked at him as she wondered what he was going to do next. He turned to Jaxor and Jan, “I don’t know much about the family,” he said, then turning his attention to Jaxor solely, “You don’t happen to know the History of the Soildings, do you?”
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, June 18th 2010 12:27am    Post subject:

Clare listened with Badim as they heard Jaxor recall the history and color of the Soildings. For a man of his age, he recited every piece with clarity that should have washed away with time. She heard Jaxor talk about Anson, Jared, Gades Soilding and his sister Issan Verza. But the most notable member of the family was Jaxor’s grandfather, Fon Soilding. A master in many skill sets, from ranged and melee combat, even to the Way of the Blade, Fon knew it all. From how Jaxor described him, Clare turned to Badim and imagined him underneath Fon’s black cloak, they were so familiar in their shared skills. It seemed almost genetic at the way it’s fallen onto Badim‘s personality. He was stealthy, efficient and deadly.

“So, as you can tell,” Jaxor said, separating chapters in the intriguing monologue, “The Soildings, at it’s core, are Bounty Hunters and Assassins. Including myself.” Jaxor paused, rubbing his temples in frustration almost, “All, except for my son, Jaalib.”

Clare and Badim didn’t speak, allowing Jaxor to recuperate and continue. In the meantime, Clare looked at Badim, his eyes fixated on Jaxor as he told the story, even in the pause he continued his stare.

“He…” Jaxor continued as he gathered himself, “Didn’t enjoy the thought of finding out that I used to be a bounty hunter. And he left for Nar Shaddaa along with his brother Janos when they were old enough. Jaalib started a modest business in the market place, nearly alienating me from his life.” he paused, shaking his head as he shifted subjects, “Janos got himself into some trouble with a girl and got her pregnant. They stayed together and gave birth to a boy. They couldn’t deal with him, however. And just dumped out into the streets. I was so pissed when I heard about it!”

Jan put a hand on Jaxor’s hand, relieving a fist that was forming and continued for him, “The family was devastated at the loss. But we partially recovered when we heard Jaalib and his wife finally gave birth to you, Badim.”

The room fell into silence, Clare looked at Badim, his face staring towards the ground at the thought of his foster parents. She knew that he was probably thinking of a way to tell them that he was adopted, possibly not part of their family.

“Jaxor… Jan…” Badim finally let out, his voice shaking slightly, “When I was sixteen, I was told that…that I was adopted…” Jaxor and Jan looked at him curiously, trying to see if it was a joke, “I almost ran away when they told me. But I realized that my real parents were probably long gone and I stayed, Jaalib and Breena being the only parents I had ever known.”

Bewildered and confused looks fell on the Jaxor and Jan, Clare turned to Badim, seeing an almost pained face fall on him. His mouth opened after a moment and he continued, “I wanted to know about the family I’m in now, which is why we’re here.”

For more info on the Soilding Bloodline, go here: http://unity.swrpgs.net/holonet/Soildings
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, June 18th 2010 02:18am    Post subject:

Two hours later

After talking more with Jaxor and Jan, they seemingly welcomed Badim as if he were truly part of their family, telling him to come back anytime for another history lesson. He still had to make one last stop at Naboo, however. Clare and Badim needed to meet one last Soilding, Janos Soilding himself. Badim thought that the timing between him being adopted and Janos and his wife Julia abandoning their child was too much of a coincidence to not be taken seriously. Clare wrapping her arms through a loop Badim made with his. Clare expressed how she was glad he had gone through with meeting Jaxor, that she could make connections between him and Fon Soilding. Badim humored the thought, thinking about how they both did in fact share nearly the same experiences and had the same skills. But if they find out that Janos isn’t his father, then it would be just one hell of a coincidence. Leaving Badim to forever question where his real parents were.
He looked at Clare, “I’m glad too.” The fact was, he wasn't. He wanted to find out about his family, but only had a handful of people with the same last name, and an entire galaxy filled with others. He wouldn’t be satisfied until he found out about his past, or if he was a Soilding at all.
“You do know that I’ll be with you no matter what name you have, right?” she said as she gripped his hand, intertwining her fingers in between his. She must have read his mind somehow, maybe sex does that to people.
“I know,” he replied simply, “I just don’t want to be walking around in a lie.”

“If your life is a lie,” she said, “Then I don’t want the truth.”

It didn’t make much sense to him, he looked at her with a confused expression, she countered with a brief squeeze to his hand. They exited the apartments and walked towards the Remedy. Badim contacted Dorniekke to prepare to liftoff and head to Naboo.
“Right away, serdadu,” he replied, “I just need to purchase these supplies and then I’ll meet you at my ship.”

Clare turned and asked curiously, “Why does he keep calling you, serdadu?”

“He told me it means Soldier.”

“Hm,” Clare let out, “I’m going to have to come up with a better nickname for you.”

Lineage Plot First Previous Next Latest

Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Taris - Sector 148
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: