Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Moff Tranchida's residence
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Bastion » Moff Tranchida's residence
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katya Tranchida
Gorog

Post Posted: Sun, June 13th 2010 03:14pm    Post subject: Moff Tranchida's residence

“I can assure you, Moff Rosset, the Remnant’s finances remain perfectly secure and in good hands on Muunilinst,” Moff Tranchida said to the hologram of her older colleague, the vague hint of an exasperated and frustrated sigh creeping up in her voice as she suppressed the urge to roll her eyes and end Rosset’s incessant angry yelling by cutting the transmission. “We are doing our best to track down the source of this anomaly and ensure that it does not happen again.”

Rosset simply returned a glare that could have melted Hoth. “I would hope so, Moff Tranchida. The Remant has enough on its hands as is.”

Katya responded to the other Moff’s gaze with her well-practiced business smile, the kind that gave any investor or fellow businessman a sense of ease. “Indeed. Might I suggest your Eminence retire for the day, and focus on the matter of the upcoming regency election, while I handle this unfortunate occurrence on Muunilinst?”

“You may have your friends, Tranchida,” Rosset answered, his stare remaining unflinching, “but all of the political capital you have worked so hard to acquire will be meaningless if word breaks out that the Banking Clan’s vaults have been compromised.” With that veiled threat, Rosset ended the transmission, his miniature blue hologram flickering and fading away.

Katya dropped the false smile. Rosset was a sodding imbecile, a holdover from Palpatine’s long gone chauvinistic New Order. Only a fossil like him would go so far as to insult Katya’s experience with not so well hidden implications that she did not know how to properly run a company. It was no matter. Rosset was a vestige of the past, and was but one voice on the Moff Council. Sooner or later he would be on his way out.

What bothered her more than sexist colleagues was the fact that, on top of the recent bombing of the InterGalactic Bank of the Galactic Union on Denon, which had already sent investor confidence into a tailspin, someone was able to infiltrate an ultra high security vault owned by the Tonith Bank on Muunilinst, the heart of her domain, and make off with millions worth of credits in aurodium ingots. Despite several layers of heavily encrypted passcodes, biometric identification protocols, dozens of infrared, magnetic, chemical and visual scanners, quadanium steel doors, and well-armed security droids, the intruder had time to discreetly escape the building while still evading detection from the sophistcated alarm system, and giving herself a few hours between the time the theft occurred and when security personnel realized what had transpired.

Fortunately for Katya, while this thief was an expert, she was also arrogant. And arrogance, for those without the power to back it up, was nothing if not a weakness. While leaving no other trace of her presence, the culprit left behind her signature: an exquisite Ithorian blue rose. The flower was the trademark calling card of one Arel Terex, a criminally renowned and experienced con artist and also, as this incident demonstrated, a master thief. Once Terex became the chief suspect, it became easy to cross-reference existing intelligence about her with records from the Harnaidan spaceport, and confirm her as the perpetrator of the heist.

Katya rose from her desk and stepped onto a holoprojection plate, preparing to deliver a message to about half a dozen beings. While her audience would see her, they could not see each other, or know how many others were receiving the same message.

Bo shuda,” she began with the customary Huttese greeting. “Recently, Banking Clan security protocols were compromised, as a criminal broke into a secure vault on Muunilinst and escaped with a portion of the funds stored there.” She deliberately kept the exact amount undisclosed. “Obviously, this issue represents a concern for us, and we cannot allow such a crime to go unpunished.

“You should have received a detailed profile of the mastermind behind this theft. You may recognize her. Her name is Arel Terex, and she fancies herself as a sort of princess of thieves.” Katya paused and smiled in amusement. “It is your job to put an end to her delusive notions. You have been selected for your distinguished history, and I hope that you maintain your record.

“My own agents have tracked Ms. Terex to the ancient mausoleum world of Korriban. You are tasked with locating and retrieving her from the planet…no disintegrations. Once your primary objective is accomplished, you will bring her to High Port, to face the proper authorities of justice.

“Be warned: were this an easy mission, I would have no need of you. Korriban is notorious for various spacer legends and ghost stories. Travelers and explorers are known to have landed on the surface, and never returned. Those who have made it off the planet alive have reported dangerous predators…and worse. Attached to the information about Ms. Terex is a compilation of maps of the ancient capital of Dreshdae and the Valley of the Tombs, dating as far back as a Commerce Guild expedition during the Clone Wars, to as recent as the Imperial presence thirty years ago. Use them to your advantage, but be wary of overly relying on them.

“If you are successful in your hunt, and Ms. Terex is returned to High Port, alive, you will be rewarded with the handsome sum of 3.2 million Galactic Union credits.

“That is all. Good luck…and happy hunting.”

Katya stepped off the projector plate and ended the transmission. Glancing over at the holographic image of Arel Terex, the thief’s face giving a mischievous, almost mocking stare, Katya smiled. Arel Terex might be intelligent, but she would not evade Katya’s own personal justice. Being the Chairman of the oldest and most powerful financial institution in galactic history, and an Imperial Moff to boot, afforded her with friends in both high and low places. Friends so numerous, that it would only be a matter of time before her little thief was found.

A blinking light on her desk indicated a pending transmission. Katya once again stepped onto the holoprojector plate before accepting the message. "Greetings, Master Jedi," she began, smiling. "Thank you for responding to my call so soon."

The image of a robed Klatooinian figure stood before her. "Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, your Excellency. I understand you have pertinent information to a Jedi investigation?"

"Of course, Master Jedi," she replied, still smiling. "Recently, I contacted a group of bounty hunters to deal with an internal Banking Clan affair. Regretfully, I did not learn until after the fact that two of these bounty hunters are wanted by your Order for an assault on the Temple on Coruscant. This pair, Xerros Orade and a companion named Lyra, are currently en route to the tomb world of Korriban on their hunt." She paused for effect. "We wouldn't want you to think that we were obstructing justice by hiding such criminals. I believe it is in both of our interests to see these two apprehended. However, I do require that the bounty, one Arel Terex, ends up in Banking Clan custody. You have my complete cooperation and blessing to do what must be done to deal with the Mandalorians, so long as I have my criminal as well."

The Jedi bowed. "Thank you for this information. You have our assurances that we will do our best to arrest our culprits with as little interference in your hunt as possible." The transmission ended.

Sitting down once more at her desk to sort through other matters, Katya smirked. She would watch the upcoming events with great interest.

Tag: Cheapy, Orrion Carn, Dj, Mr. Blonde, Space Jawa, L.E.N., Ms. White, Jase
Bounty Hunter Plot First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Bastion » Moff Tranchida's residence
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: