Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
New Golden Nyss Shipyards
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Expansion Region » New Golden Nyss Shipyards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalin Lohden
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, June 02nd 2010 05:56am    Post subject: New Golden Nyss Shipyards

A service station for bounty hunters, pirates and others looking to avoid the law. Destroyed during the Yinchorri Uprising, and rebuilt by Ollanx, a mysterious, yet wealthy figure in blackmarkters across the galaxy. The exact coordinates are unknown, the station strangely disappearing and relocating to a new patch of space. This feat is relatively unexplained, though welcomed by those adopted into Ollanx's VIP list. The station remains unboarded by Republic, Imperial or Union police, thus becoming a notorious safehaven for friends of Ollanx's house. It doesn't mean,however, justice isn't served...
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, June 18th 2010 02:33pm    Post subject:

The Coruscanti freighter came to a halt, the magnificent vessel docked at the clandestine service station. It was a facility used by wanted people all over the galaxy. If the Alliance Security Chief, or Union police were to get wind of its location, it was a floating judicial gold mine. Moving down the plank, Vera recognized the possibility she was being tracked, which is why she flew through a particular nebula ion storm. Everything on the outer hull, would be fried. Upon their arrival to the Nyss, a droid had been launched to locate and retrieve the device.

The perks of being able to dock at such a prestigious criminal shipyard, which was much like their own version of a Royal haven, would be the fact that a new ship was already waiting for Nico. A new crew boarded the Coruscanti freighter, sort of a hand off exchange. It allowed them to move around the galaxy, constantly changing identities. Though the bounty on Nico was considerably high, especially after her latest endeavor on Denon, she felt safe here. Higher priced faces existed here as well. It was part of the code, mind your own business. Nico didn't bother to linger, though she visited the station's operator. Lyle Loars. He was a navigational genius, someone who had once worked on the largest galactic map project, privately funded by the long deceased Emperor Palpatine.

"Ah, Nico. My favorite star child. A daughter of Kuat, and villain of the rich. How blessed are my constellations to have you here today?" He bowed, kissing her hand. Time had been fortunate the older man, gentle to his face and flexibility. He was bald, though, a style Nico had sported for quiet sometime.

"Lyle, it's a pleasure." Nico dipped her gaze as a sign of respect. He was legendary, hiding and masking some of the most dangerous figures in the galaxy. He had taken a liking to Nico, but she had never figured out why.

"I'm afraid I cannot sport you the shuttle you requested," they walked now, down the hallway. Though entertainment and other blackmarket rooms existed, Nico had never really enjoyed visiting them often. And as of the moment, she remained on a tight schedule, but, Lyle seemed to disagree, and offered her a drink. To turn the man down, would jeopardize her welcome here. The room was never crowded, but the few faces present were well over sixty million in warrant and prizes.

"Nyss Shipyards seems to maintain its haven for wanted men, especially Narrick in the corner. How much?" Nico had wanted the man dead for years, and now, in his half-drunk state, never could there have been a better time.

"My beauty, my brilliant starchild. You know this is not a place for that." Lyle's voice was soothing, despite turning her down. She went with it, he was a considerable asset. "Now I have something you might want to see." He poured a Kuati sunrise, and flipped on the holovision...
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, June 20th 2010 04:09am    Post subject:

I wrote this post, and saved it, thinking I would write something different, but it ended up sticking with me. The nature is PG-13.

The bar was empty, the room clearing of its occupants, save one man in the corner. Lyle activated the data padd, his fingers skimming over the keys to input a password, before the video emerged. He paused it momentarily, his voice was soft, "I know you have been looking for this footage. In all my years and my travels, I have never seen such a terrible thing. It is with a heavy heart I produce this evidence for you."

The holo was quite clear.

Vera Nico set the device down, her eyes filling with tears, the emotion pulsing through her body, generating massive nerve pulses, which surged her throat into a tight constriction. She tried to breath, the oxygen becoming less and less inside her lungs, before finally, a scream. Her hands trembled, before shattering the holo display Lyle had brought to her attention. The older man rose, startled by the reaction. His gentle demeanor replaced by panic and anxiety. "My child, calm your spirit. You had requested this." Even the stationed guards grew tense, startled by the woman's reaction. No one had seen Vera Nico quite like this before, so lost in emotion, perhaps even, insanity.

The words fell on deaf ears, her blaster unlocking from a hilt on her thigh, which had made the guards tense even further. The space station was never without its heightened security, one of Lyle's greatest achievements outside of navigation. His life was filled with paranoia, something he shared and dabbled with Nico. It was Lyle's lifted finger which had stopped their blasters from firing, Nico now placing her own blaster to her temple. Her fingers twitched, her head convulsing with the image over and over. She wanted to end the pain, the throbbing inside her body, which was contorting and twisting her mind. Demons laughed and taunted her to pull the trigger.

Vera closed her eyes, as hard as she could, tears being forced from their ducts and splashing onto her face. She trembled violently, the essence of death just around the corner as her finger pressed against the trigger. "My child, my child!" Lyle begged, completely surprised. "This is the truth, not the end. Do not let it destroy you." Vera shook, her stomach convulsing and twisting. Utter and complete revulsion, another scream escaped her throat, the tight constriction now ripping and tearing the soft tissue of the esophagus.

Again and again she replayed the images through her mind.

"Why!" She managed to let out, "Let me kill him, Lyle." The man in the room. It was him. His lazy and lethargic posture had suddenly changed to sheer panic. Adrenaline flushed through the man's face, his steps becoming several times over what his plump body could've produced in his attempt to flee. He must've knew all along who she was. Nico's blaster dropped to the floor, and shortly after, she kicked it aside. Her eyes begged the old man.

Lyle's guards had stopped the man from exiting, the man now twisting and collapsing in fear. Lyle seemed to take the scene in, before speaking. "My lady, should I grant this request, I will undo many promises, which I keep to my clients." He thought for a moment. This was a terrible, and long moment, Nico just inches from throwing herself on the man... But the armed guards would've shot her like a fish in a barrel. It was a simple nod, when Vera was able to free herself on the man.

His skin came off easy, the raw flesh and screams beckoning for mercy. Lyle looked away at this point, having the bartender pour him a drink as the man shouted for his life. Then, he was gone. His body limp, before Nico stopped completely. Her body dropped next to Lyle, the blood dripping from her fingernails.

She continued to shake.

Lyle hit a button, a melody began to play over the space station. It was calm, it was peaceful. A man's voice singing in a dialect not understood, but the emotion behind it, was empowering. Nico began to breathe more steadily, slowly beginning to feel again. The tempo increased, the man's voice rising. Lyle drank as the man hit the note, the orchestra and its male accompaniment in perfect harmony. Suddenly the music disappeared, the beauty and serenity along with it.

Lyle cleared his throat, "You are a beautiful thing, Vera Nico. I hope you realize that life can be the melody, that of which we just heard, or it can become like this." He paused, motioning for a point in his lecture, "Quiet, and very much absent of the beauty we just experienced." He paused again, slowly pouring a glass of water. She watched it curve around the cup, before it sloshed upwards, approaching the top. Suddenly, it began to flow over and onto the counter. "I was once told, 'You can drink from a cup half empty or half full, but it will never hold a whole pitcher'." Nico didn't quite understand what this meant, but then again, maybe Lyle failed to make sense of it as well. "For many years this thought has bothered me." He seemed truly stumped, "I think it means, you can take a little bit at a time, but when you take the whole pitcher, well," Lyle glanced at the ripped-apart man.

He hummed, using a napkin to dry his own hands, before he signalled a member of his crew. "Clean the mess up, and do it quickly. We have another ship arriving within the hour." Lyle leaned over, and carefully wiped her cheeks, the emotion still raw within her. "You are a beautiful thing, my child. You really are. But what you just did, was barbaric."

"A fate well matched to the man." A simple answer.

Lyle wrapped his arm around the woman, "I see. Then it was destiny that has lifted your hands, not the rancor beneath your skin." He seemed happy with this answer, and guided her away...

Year 35 Month 1 Day 26, Sara Nico is reported missing. Her daughters, Vera and Alice are turned over to their Aunt Krixxa.

Year 35 Month 2 Day 12, Sara Nico's body is recovered. Autopsy reveals she was violently raped and murdered.

Year 35 Month 4 Day 2, The case goes cold, and the killer remains anonymous.

Year 35 Month 6 Day 31, Vera Nico is arrested for saving a young woman from an attack, resulting in the death of three noble sons and critically wounding the fourth.

Vera Nico's Past First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Lyle Loars
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, July 02nd 2010 03:42am    Post subject:

Lyle was delighted at the news of Grand Admiral Zend's return. His facility would be able to raise rates, and welcome new costumers. Most business men, if they were smart, knew to exploit war whenever it occurred. Now, with over four major, all fabulously rich governments, the Imperial Remnant, New Republic, Galactic Alliance and Zend's welcoming community-fleet, profits would soar.

Lyle clasped his hands together, his guards had mopped up the mess Nico had made just an hour before. He saw her off, leaving the shipyards to his staff, before the next client was due to arrive. He had remembered the girl from his days under Emperor Palpatine, though she had definently seen the rough patches of the galaxy. Lyle scanned the musical database, attempting to find something that would suit the daughter of the Imperial Palace. Nothing seemed to stick, except a dark chant of the Priests of Ila. Meh, what the hell. It suited her any ways.

The woman's vessel docked, and immediately, a dark presence was cast over the Golden Nyss Shipyards... Irony, how lovely. He had forgotten the feeling, the darkness she brought whenever she was around. It was very much different than the young woman he had once known.

Lyle kept an eye on one of his best bodyguards, sort of basking in their protection before dismissing them entirely. They were no use here, not with Force ganders and mysterious magic about. It would make him a fool, if he attempted to resist any sort of demands. Lyle was only just beginning to make way towards the shuttle's docking port, when he heard boots tapping against the tempo of sequenced steps. His body sent goosebumps to all points of his body, before dropping to a respectful kneel.

"Rise Loars, I don't have time for your games and sooth-saying gimicks... I've come for something." The decades had not been gentle with the young, prestigious girl so long ago favored by the Emperor. Her body had been damaged and ravaged with tanglings in the Galactic Civil War. What was left of her, was borderline disturbing. An echo of Lord Vader.

"Mi'lady, Lumiya," It was a name she desired to be called. Shira was long dead now. "Too bright are the stars, if I cannot grant your desires."

Catching a Corellian First Previous Next Latest
The Dark Lady of the Sith First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Lumiya
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 06:22pm    Post subject:

"Mi'lady, Lumiya," The self-proclaimed Sith offered the man a complimentary smile, "Too bright are the stars, if I cannot grant your desires." His poetic attempt to sooth her, nearly worked. Almost.

"Lyle, you have a talent of speech, one not easily duplicated." Her mood was mildly pleasant, afterall, she needed his resources and talents to pull off the next part of her scheme. "One of my agents is in the mix to capture one of the greatest scorns in the galaxy. A man, whose fumbles have cost the Galactic Empire dearly at Endor so long ago. His name has been whispered for generations across the galaxy, it is because of this reason, I require your private trafficking expertise." Lumiya presented it as though she were asking. She had every intention of getting him to serve her, whether the lightwhip was needed or not. Lyle held on, waiting for to reveal the identity of the man just described. The name escaped, much like the hiss from a Bothan viper, "Han Solo."

Lyle's uncanny wits evaporated instantly. He coiled and turned, his emotions reeked of fear. "I-I-I," He stuttered, looking to a guard who wandered into the room. He dismissed the man instantly, and seeming, even his own video surveillance shut off. He didn't want any record of this. "I agree, under the condition the price you pay me triples."

Lumiya approached the man, his cowardice twitched against her sudden advance, but he held his ground. "You are a fool to press business against a Sith, my dear Lyle." She reached out, as though to vaporize him with the palm of her hands, but instead, entered an abrupt handshake. It was a tease, burning his tender flesh, but he knew not to flinch. When she pulled away, a small mark was left. A constant reminder. "I have other interests at work. Fail me, Lyle Loars, and I will see to it you suffer a death far greater than the belly of a Sarlacc."

With her cloak swooshing across the floors of the New Nyss Shipyards, the Dark Lady of the Sith was gone.

Once in the private confines of her shuttle, she used the holo padd to communicate with a slaving envoy she had sent to the planet Rae. A child of interest was a native born, and in order to flush her out, she needed to stir up the villages and lure her. The convoy's captain was utterly useless, the amount of credits she had provided him went straight to spices.

"You idiot." She hissed, "You fool. Enjoy your spice, I will see you suffer." The man's eyes darted to the door, and she flicked off the holoscreen. She believed she managed to do it in time, before any of the crew managed to catch a glimpse, but she needed to be sure. Closing her eyes, she sent a Force phantom to investigate.

Jedi.

Lumiya growled at the thought of the two uncovering her plot, but fate brought a pleasant, yet ironic, surprise. Anakin Solo. The boy's name a token to her old master. The boy had been a legend of the Clone Wars. It was surprisingly to learn he provided the galaxy with two offspring. Luke and Leia. Her grip tightened around the hilt of the lightwhip, the twins would see their suns' set. She cast phantoms around Anakin and his apprentice, making believe the Captain's wife and child had appeared. With the amount of spice, he was deranged enough to believe it, despite the logic of being far off world.

She had him pull a poison capsule, and plop it into his mouth. Ending the phantoms, she breathed. It was much more difficult outside of her asteroid base, the energy coming from within her own body, versus drawing it from the darkside vortex. Needing to sleep and recharge, she sent the shuttle into hyperspace, hoping Lohden was making reasonable progress...

Tag: Han Solo
Catching a Corellian First Previous Next Latest
The Dark Lady of the Sith First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Expansion Region » New Golden Nyss Shipyards
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: