Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Denon, Landing Pad 16-B
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Denon, Landing Pad 16-B
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, May 12th 2010 11:22pm    Post subject: Denon, Landing Pad 16-B

The Blight Leaper’s engines whined to a halt, and only the hum of a Hyperdrive going offline could be heard subtly. After a quick discussion with the rest of the crew, they decided to split up and make contact with anyone who could be useful in getting information about Nico’s whereabouts, and doing a few things to calm the crews nerves in the meantime as well.

Badim headed to the marketplace by himself. Nico might be crazy, as the crew kept saying, but if he could hold off a Terentatek, a raging Wookiee, countless assassinations and a starship crash, he could hold his own. Probably. This was going to be a daunting mission, and Diann, Clare and himself weren’t ready for it. Clare has been isolating herself since they made contact with Tseneca and her crew, Diann had been getting distanced from Badim, and he himself was feeling abandoned, small to the rest of the galaxy.

That Jedi fellow who resuscitated him, Nik was it, mentioned he glimpsed a small thread of sorts, trying to re-build itself. He didn’t understand jedi philosophy, but he guessed he was talking about Sara. His hopes were crushed when he brought Diann aboard. But were instantly rebuilt when he had a… Vision of sorts.

…I’m closer than you think…” He reminisced, wondering what it could have meant, “Frakkin’ hell could that mean?” he shook his head in frustration, he’d figure it out sooner or later. Preferably sooner. He found a small dealer, with weapons and a few droids for sale. He walked in and quickly bought a new sidearm to draw on short notice quicker than his E-11. He found two suitable blasters, a DL-22 and DL-44. Being a personal fan of BlasTech Industries’ blasters, it seemed like a natural choice. He picked up the powerless 44 and twirled it around. The owner noticed Badim, trolled over confidently and asked, “Finding everything okay?”
“How much?” Badim said, straight and simple.
“Six-hundred credits, I’m having a sale today.”

Badim quickly laid down the credits on the table, the man handed him the powercells that went with it and he began to make his way out the door, when a droid caught his eye. He walked up to it, a tag ran around it’s neck, reading,
Design: Holowan Laboratories
Model: IG-152

The man again noticed Badim and asked, “Anything you’d like to know about that droid?”
“Yeah,” he said, making a quick circle around it, “Can you power it up for me?”
“Sure.” The man said, walking over and turning the droid on.

A low hum followed, steadily getting more pronounced as it went through it’s boot-up sequence. The hum soon turned to a whisper as the droid’s powerup completed and the man warned, “Careful, his speech can be a little… Aggressive.”
The droid‘s three eyes flared a red-ish yellow, and the droid spoke gibberish, from a low tone to a high one, until it reached a stable standpoint to speak effectively, then addressing Badim and the business man, “Statement: System recharge complete. Hello, Lugosi, have you found a master for me yet?”

“I may very well have, H6-32,” Lugosi replied, then gesturing Badim, “This man would like to ask some questions about you.”

Query: This organic doesn’t seem to be needing a droid of my magnitude, he seems able to defend himself, unlike other organics you’ve shown me, why would he be needing my assistance?”
Badim stepped forward and responded, “Because I am being faced with ever increasing odds of survival. And I could use someone, or something to tip the scales.”
Retraction: I can see why now,” H6 replied, “Query: What kind of odds are we discussing here?”
“Odds dangerous enough.”
Recitation: Yes, I understand about dangerous, but you fail to answer the question correctly… Clarification: How many dangerous odds are we discussing here?”

Badim shook his head in enjoyment, almost a complete opposite of himself. Eager to enter fights instead of the stealthy approach.
“Enough to satisfy you, I’m sure.” Badim replied.
Statement: Should you be lying to me, I would have to kill you for deceiving me. Query: When do we begin?”
“As soon as I purchase you, but first I need approval, one moment.”
Mockery: Oh, yes. Take your time. Observation: I will just sit here and rust… *sigh*”

Badim keyed the communicator Lucas gave him and contacted Tseneca.
“Tsenca, I have a droid here who might be useful, an IG-152. Seems like he’ll fit in… After we change it’s IFF…”

Badim Soilding First Previous Next Latest
H6-32 First Previous Next Latest

Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, May 13th 2010 11:40am    Post subject:

Tseneca and Lucas split with Badim and headed toward the nearest Cantina. she gave a wry smile, they always seemed to have an inordinate amount of luck in cantinas.

"you're awefully quiet." She said to lucas. He was sulking, or something, and with her newly formed abilities she was becoming more and more attuned to his feelings.

"I'd rather not talk about it." He said. She shrugged

"on a not-about-you note," she continued. "What do you think of that kid Dex?"

Lucas looked at her. He was a head taller then she was and his eyes met hers with surprising ferocity. "He's nothing to worry about. in fact, i think you need to keep at him a little bit, show him the ropes."

"Me? why me, Im not a babysitter."

Lucas paused "Of course not. But he needs someone right now. you had no problem helping Firi."

She shrugged again. "Different case, different person. We don't know Dex. How can we trust him."

"If you wont trust him, trust me. He's harmless."

They continued walking, Tseneca wondering when this boy so many years her junior started acting the part of a real jedi, not just an apprentice. The entered the cantina, made their way over to the bar. There was no way of knowing where Nico would be, how she would be disguised, but by the look of this place, the sketchy clientele, rogue horde, it would be the kind of place she would do business. It seemed to be a matter of lying in wait.

Her comm blipped. It was Badim.

"Yeah?" She picked up

He told her about the droid he wanted. a Halowan Lab IG droid.

She'd heard about the IGs, including the massacred scientists who were dealt with moments after their activation. Those droids were black market.

"Are you insane?" Tseneca hissed into the mouthpiece. "those droids are not only illegal, they're lethal"

"Since when did you have a problem with legalities?" Badim said back. "And I told you we'd change its IFF, its transponder code needs a little re-wiring thats all."

Tseneca could rattle off facts, could bring up stories about IG-88, could blatantly refuse; but Badim had already made his descision.

"Sith spit, Badim, you'd better be absolutely sure." Then she cut the link before she could change her mind.

"What else could possibly go wrong?" She said, knocking back a shot lucas had set in front of her.

Im just playing hardball about the droid, aproved, this should be interesting. space jawa, i tagged you in case you want in on this action.

Tag: Kyp, Alex, Orrion, Space Jawa
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Thu, May 13th 2010 03:38pm    Post subject:

Kyp slid the Vigilance in and out of lanes of traffic. With her forward deflector shields up she easily passed the slower civilian atmospheric transports. All around him the bank district stretched outwards as far as he could see. Kyp had declined to go into the bank knowing full well he didn't have the people skills to deal with closed minded greedy bantha bums. He had respectfully left that task up to Allison and who ever she had taken with her.

His job was to scout the potential buildings that Nico could attack. Two stood out to Kyp. The first was the administrative building for the whole Intergalactic Bank of the Galactic Union and the second was a smaller more tucked away building that Kyp imagined would be where their data was stored. It all depended on what she wanted. Kyp wasn't an expert on her dealings and had never really heard of her before the trip to Nal Hutta. Her motives were as clear as early morning fog on Yavin 4 to him. His second task was to be the one in the air. If he were lucky he could get a positive ID on her ship and follow, cripple, and capture whatever bucket of bolts she choose to flee in. Because of Denon's traffic Kyp was a tab bit less than optimistic on that plan as well.

For now he circled the two buildings in a figure eight, doing his level best to look for potential threats from both the air and the ground.

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, May 13th 2010 10:04pm    Post subject:

“Right,” Badim agreed confidently, “Where should I meet you after I make the-?”
Before he could finish, she cut the comm link out of what seemed like frustration at Badim. He was doing what he was told, looking for Nico while assessing assets. She probably wasn’t informed, but the IG-152 was Holowan Laboratories’ attempt at creating a protocol droid with combat programming, which could act as a protocol droid, but when situations came up that required it, the droid became a protective bodyguard. Though, the wearers needed to be either identified or have a small transponder with them to indicate Friend or Foe signals. Though, you could do without, the droid’s processors would be fast enough to assess a target, cross-reference with available data and decide to shoot or not.

He’d seen one or two of these in use on Nar Shaddaa as bodyguards to targets, mostly corrupt nobles with the credits to waste. With the necessary software measures and upgrades installed to prevent what had happened to the IG-88s. The IG-152 ended up being similar to the IG-100 or -110, except the 152 had a voice box instead of just random bleeps and sounds. When not in combat, they acted as harmless as Cybot Galactica Protocol droids, but when in combat, they were ferocious and deadly to anything that wished to harm it master or masters. Badim was confident the crew would be safe, if not, he knew how to destroy one, having already destroyed several of them on Nar Shaddaa.

He walked back inside and greeted the store owner with the requested amount of credits listed on the tag. Two-thousand credits. He also dropped another four-hundred on the DL-22 and holstered it for H6’s use later.
“Here’s the necessary software you will need to configure it’s IFF and reprogram the damn thing’s speech if you‘d like.”
Observation: I overheard, new master, that your friend doesn‘t like the IG line of droids due to their violent nature. Commentary: She sounds like an organic interesting to meet.”
Badim shook his head, “She can be a bit hard-pressed sometimes, but she shouldn’t bother you.”
Recitation: That’s what I will find interesting about her.”
Badim chuckled at the droid’s remark. He tampered with the retraining bolt on the droid’s chest and allowed it to walk with basic functions to the cantina Tseneca and Lucas were. He believed they were heading to The Barrel and The Barrel Cantina. A place that Tseneca believed would prove to shed light on Nico’s whereabouts.

Query: When will we see combat together, master?”
“As soon as we get the information we need,” Badim said as he wiggled past people in the crowd, “But don’t worry, you’ll be able to at least maim the target in the leg. And kill a number of her thugs in the process.”
Statement: Maiming, killing. I am beginning to love your purchase of me more and more, master. Mockery: I am starting to enjoy the thought of Lugosi deciding to sell me in the first place. Observation: The three months I stood in that corner, mostly powered down I might add, is worth it now that I have a master with violent goals such as yourself.”

After a long stroll, and dealing with a problem or two with H6’s retraining bolt inhibiting his movement. They soon arrived at The Barrel and The Barrel Cantina. Both of them entered and caught a wild eye or two from a few drunk patrons. Which H6 quietly expressed a feeling to waste the wasted patrons. Badim really needed to change his IFF to identify only people who was a threat at the group as Foe, no one else. He’d have SAMM assist him in the process of reprogramming him.
He spotted Lucas, Diann and Tseneca at a table and walked over with H6 following closely behind.
“Tseneca,” Badim said, getting her attention. She looked up and replied, “So you did buy that damn droid didn’t you?”

Statement: Oh, you’re more cruel in person than you sounded over the comlink, Tseneca. Enthusiastic Greeting: It is a pleasure to meet you.”

Tseneca, Diann and Lucas turned to Badim, who just shrugged his shoulders, almost as if to say, What did you expect?

Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, May 15th 2010 03:25am    Post subject:

The jedi had been no more than a hundred meters ahead of her, but they had decided to keep a low-profile. Despite their diplomatic status, with Kyp a leading member of the Jedi Order, and Alisson under the mandate of a critical Imperial Core World, they acknowledged that allegations of a bank assault, might stir unprecedented jitters and legal-hell. Emotions had been difficult for Alisson to predict, often choosing to ignore them, or restrain them from taking too much control over her cybernetic abilities. And predicting the reactions of others, had been equally difficult. If they had chosen to tell Denon, or Galactic Union authorities, would they listen? Would they detain them, and hold them for questioning?

The first day had been dedicated to surveillance. Nico wouldn't be able to make a move, instead preferring a perfectly articulated-operation. And since nothing had happened prior to the Blight Leapers arrival, time had suggested she needed a minimum of three days, before pulling it off.

Credits, workers, identification all had to be forged and in the perfect place. She was tedious this way, careful, executing the operation to the teeth. Back-up plans were legendary, serving her purpose no matter what obstacle they could toss at her. Catching Nico, the crew would find, would become a difficult task. Alisson dedicated a large portion of her processing and cognitive skills to finding solutions to possible problems - before they happened.

"Bank security might be a problem," Alisson stopped next to the Jedi, "We have no other option, than to defer the knowledge that Nico might make a move."
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, May 15th 2010 03:41am    Post subject:

Clare exited the Blight Leaper under the ploy to follow the mission of finding Vera Nico or her possible targets. Her real mission, however, was to get in contact with Candrog. Her employer, is the term he used often. She knew there was a small outlet for the Black Stars’ dealings here on Denon, an attempt by Candrog to expand his reach across the Galaxy, including Tatooine, Coruscant, Kuat and several other locations. She walked through the back alleys until she found a small stenciled sign against a white wall, it was a black, vertical oval with a symbol of a star within it. The door it was next to was the outlet. She knocked on it four times, waited exactly five seconds then knocked another two times. The door creep open, a small eye of a Rodian extended out who said in huttese, “Ah'chu apenkee? (Who are you?)
Clare replied, “Dolpee kikyuna eh Candrog’s. (I am a friend of Candrog‘s)
“Poodoo! (Crap!)” The rodian shot back.
“Frookoo, dako moulee… (Frak, to be exact)
“Chowbaso… Pateesa. (Welcome… Darling)

The door opened fully and Clare stepped in quickly. The room was dark for a moment, then a pair of lights came on revealing a man, who asked, “May I ask what business you have with Candrog, miss…?”
“Miss Secret,” Clare replied, coyly, “And I need to speak with him about my mission.”
“I’m afraid I cannot do that for you,” he grabbed a deathstick and took a small sniff of the black-market drug, “You see, you need an appointment to use our holocom, and you, I’m afraid don’t have one-”
“Harkin!” Another man yelled for, “…He’s online.”
“One moment, Miss Secret, I need to take this.” Harkin said as he got up and entered a room with a blue light shining out of. While she waited, Clare seemed to attract other Black Stars members, when they got as close enough to touch her, she demanded, “I could break every single one of you, I’m not a helpless woman as you think I am. So back off, stoopas. (Fools)” The men and aliens backed up, but kept a watchful eye on her. The man, Harkin, stepped out of the room and exclaimed, “You, get in here.” Clare stood up and walked into the room.

And to her surprise, Candrog, in the blue-ish hue of a hologram, was there, waiting to talk to her, she assumed. She turned her head to Harkin and the other man and said, “Give me and Candrog a little privacy, will you?” The men quickly exited and shut the door.
“Clare, it’s nice to see you again after these four months apart.”
“Skip the formalities, Candrog, I know what you’re trying to ask me.”
Candrog’s shape shifted, “Smart girl, have you completed the task I’ve bestowed on you?”
Clare lowered her chin slightly in fear, “No, I haven’t been able to get close enough to Badim. But I’ve set that as my primary goal, I had a chance at Kashyyyk three days ago, but then he brought on another crewmember. And I had another yesterday, before he, his crewmate and myself joined a ship. I have put it as my top priority to catch him off guard, and kill him.”

Candrog rubbed his chin at Clare’s brief report, he shook his head, “No.”
“Excuse me?” Clare said, thinking he was calling her off the mission.
Candrog leaned in and continued, “I want you to instead bring him here to Nar Shaddaa, by any means necessary,” he said, coupling his hands together, “And kill him in front of me.”
“Why?” Clare protested, “Why should I kill him in front of you instead of killing him elsewhere?”
Candrog set himself back in his chair and replied, “I come to understand that Badim let’s key victims of Dirod’s wrath go, am I correct?”
Clare looked away from Candrog to think for a brief moment, then answered, “Yes, but what’s this have to do with killing him?”
“… You both have shared similar tasks in your killings, except for you, you don’t spare victims. Which I am pleased with. But I cannot risk you failing this one and succumbing to Badim‘s weakness of mercy. You must bring him to me, and kill him in front of me, or I will send more bounty hunters than there are hairs on your head after you. Rodians, Weequay, Trandoshan, Mandolarian. Whatever it takes to bring you down, I will. Do you understand?”

Clare stood there, stunned, until her only reply was uttered out, “I will, Candrog. I won’t fail you.” She bowed as the hologram faded.

Clare Velez First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, May 16th 2010 03:13am    Post subject:

Badim and H6 walked the streets of Denon, looking for what else could be of use to them in their hunt for Vera Nico, or for what she might target. It seemed like an impossible task to complete, they had an entire planet worth of targets, it was impossible for them to predict where she would attack. And if they tried to cover as many as possible at the same time, they’d be doomed.
Hypothetical Mockery: If I were a maniacal crazy woman, where would I strike?”
Badim couldn’t help but laugh, H6 might be violent, but he knew how to lighten a mood even if--Wait…
“Where would you strike—hypothetically of course?”
Answer: Hypothetically speaking, Master, I would strike a target with the largest value to the local area, planet, solar system or immediate sector. But you must ask yourself, after reviewing the files on Nico, and how she is infuriated by corrupt politicians or others in high positions… What do said politicians or officials want, and fear about loosing the most?”
“…Credits!” Badim exclaimed as he figured out a possible target.
A bank, but not just any bank, “H6, bring up…” He waved H6 to a hallway so they couldn’t be so easily heard from the crowd, then whispered, “--Bring up high-value Banks within the area.”
Objection: Master, that is confidential information I cannot simply just tap into, you’d need illegal modules for me to calculate that. Suggestion: I can, however, cross-reference maps if you’d--”
“Do it!”
“Very well… Processing… Speculation: The closest, and most high-value bank, from public documents, would be the main structure of The Intergalactic Bank of the Galactic Union--”

“Frak!” Badim exclaimed as he heard Galactic Union, she was going to blow up the whole frakking economy. He wasted no time, “Tseneca!” He yelled over the comlink, “H6 has figured out a possible target for Nico!”

Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, May 17th 2010 03:00am    Post subject:

Badim, you called Lucas "Alex" in a post, but I forget which one it was. :P

Lucas was the one that had handled the comm device, Tseneca had taken a momentarily leave to use the restroom. Something about freshening up. "H6 has figured out a possible target for Nico!” Lucas yawned instinctively, the man across from him had done the same thing a moment earlier, and well, it had been infectious.

"Where?" Lucas mumbled into the device. He had certainly woken up on the wrong side of the Leaper, and the shots of alcohol weren't making his mood any more chipper. Nico had alluded them a second time on Nar Shadda, and the Force kept giving him a bad feeling about Denon. Something wasn't right here.

"The Inter-"

"..galactic Bank of the Galactic Union?" Lucas finished, "We know that's where she is striking, but which one? The Financial District is massive... with many feasible and logical options. When and where, are the critical questions. Alisson and Master Durron are already there."

Alisson had reported three minutes before H6 made its revelation. She had made an appointment with the chief of security for the following morning, it would appear, as though they would pass the buck on this one.

Jonas, on the other hand, had been missing. Since their landing, he had failed to report in. It wasn't the fact that he was in trouble, but what he was doing.

Lucas took another shot...
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, May 17th 2010 07:17am    Post subject:

Denon, Landing Pad 16-B

The group had parted their ways. Tseneca, Lucas and Diann had went to the Cantina, where Badim had went to check local shops, Clare taking her own venture on tracking Nico's agents, and Alisson with Kyp to scout the Intergalactic Bank HQ. Jonas was puzzled by the dismissal of Lucas, but instead of pressing for answers, he decided to check a few ideas of his own. He took the only path untraveled by his shipmates, and that was back into the Blight Leaper.

He accessed the local holonetwork, processing known affiliations with Nico. It was quickly accessed, meaning someone on board had already taken the information. Most likely, Alisson.

Maybe they needed someone on the inside, Jonas thought, now running his information through the Intergalactic Bank of the Galactic Union. Boots old account number rang up, it was still active. Jonas cringed at facing his past, putting this day off for nearly two years. But now, was a better time than any. "Jonas, there is someone... knocking"

SAMM's voice had seemed a little perplexed, but Jonas was just as confused as he raced towards the unclosed portion of the ship. A beautiful woman stood on the opposite end, her eyes meeting his, and the ancient connection the two had shared flushed to his face in an honest blush. "Valexxia." His voice shook, staggering from her beauty.

"Jonas," the words slipped from a cheeky smile, "I can't believe it's you..."

"I know... what are the odds?" Jonas, in sheer distraction, actually tried to calculate them. The awkward pause caused both to break out into laughter. The memories of Valexxia were somewhat vague. It had been a long time since their last meeting. In fact, it was just prior to Boot and their run-in on Ryloth. The day he died.

"Where's Boots? This doesn't look like the Dusty Moon." She casually glanced around at the Blight Leaper, she didn't know. When they were rushed by the Twi'lek scavengers, thugs of the frakkin' underworld, they had shot and killed Boots. He put up a good fight, long enough for Jonas to take off and fly them to safety... but he hadn't been fast enough to save his life.

Boots had been like a father to him, allowing him to serve the remainder of his childhood aboard his vessel to earn credits for a higher education. Most might consider it child labor, which would interfere with Republic and Union laws, but Boots had always considered him a son. And that fateful day on Ryloth, Jonas had lost a father in the man. His own biological parents, disgusting filth that had abused him as a child. Riddled with drugs, alcohol and crime.

The Dusty Moon, the shipping freighter, along with a small fortune, had swiftly been handed down. Only, a drunken night in a cantina would bring the vessel down on the dreaded castaway planet: Iego. Valexxia waited for his answer, stepping onto the ramp, and out of the direct sunlight. "He was killed." Emotion on the subject had been buried so long, that the resurface of the memories had caused him to tear up, and his voice to crack.

"Oh my gods," She cradled him, his head falling to her chest as her arms squeezed his shoulders. "Jonas, I am so sorry."

Jonas pulled the emotions back inside, realizing this had been their first contact since the days he had worked alongside Boots. It had been the first face, the first memory of home. "What are you doing here?" Jonas managed to say, still trying to bring the chipper to his voice.

"Running with Kallaway and P'akal, lost Daera in a firefight a couple of months ago." Valexxia looked away, but she had already mourned this loss. But it had been news to Jonas. Daera had seemed like a sister to the woman, the two rarely leaving each other's side.

"Seems like we need some catching up to do..." Jonas offered, "Know anything about Nico?"

Valexxia seemed completely off guard, "Excuse me?"

"Vera Nico. Know anything about her?"

She paused, "I'm not sure-"

"Nevermind. We're just looking for her, is all."

"Oh. Weird, why would she be here?" Curiosity seemed to get the best of her. He noticed she knew what he was talking about after all.

Ca Lo Be Traveller's Inn - Lower District 2-3442

Their bodies pressed up against each other, Valexxia smacked into the wall hard, but her lips wouldn't skip a beat. She undressed him quickly, as he brought her over to the bed. Dropping her, he removed the rest of his clothes, and returned to the passionate liplocking.

"Jonas, should we, I mean, I know you-"

Jonas ignored her. Valexxia had a gift, one of telepathic abilites. She had a way of knowing what was wanted, and where it was wanted. She had a way of influencing and mental-nudging. Jonas wasn't sure if this had been his original intent, but here and now, he needed to do it. He stripped her down completely, tossing their clothes casually to the side.

"I do," Laying ontop of her, he began...

Munn City. Vault 584-21-323 Kallaway with bloody hands.

The bond between Jonas and Valexxia was beginning to reach the climax, their bodies thrusting and pivoting across the cheap Inn.

The dark onset of the deathstick withdrawal. The angels singing as the Dusty Moon crashed into Iego

Valexxia let out a sound, Jonas finally finished, rolling over to the side. She let out a finished awe, "Wow." He had been confused at what he had seen. What exactly had just happened? "You are a lot better than I thought you would be." Jonas didn't say anything, his mind still warped by the effect Valexxia had on him.

"You... made me..."

"You wanted to, Jonas. I just encouraged it." She propped herself on the bed, taking a long deathstick from underneath the mattress. "Get dressed, and get out, you did your job."

Jonas, completely confused by the sudden turn around, picked up his clothes, dressed himself, then left. The last image of Valexxia had been her injecting the deathstick into her right arm.

Denon, Landing Pad 16-B

The walk back to the Landing Pad had been difficult, his mind still attempting to sort out what exactly had happened. He remembered her "knocking on the Blight Leaper", agreeing to chitchat over drinks, then the Inn and the sex. But... why had he?

Telepaths had a hold over people, but Lucas had mentioned something to Tseneca that his own mindtricks wouldn't work over those with strong minds or the wits about them. Had this meant he was stupid or weak? Jonas shook it off, he wouldn't mention this to anyone. But it didn't feel like sex had been the only thing Valexxia had taken from him. His mind felt probed, violated.

She had used him for information. But on what.

Inside the Blight Leaper

He went straight into the showers, wanting to wash the experience from his body, but it wouldn't go. The deed had been done, and his mind had been, in a way, raped. He had wanted to do it. He had wanted to give her everything she wanted. He would've killed, if she had asked. Was he still under her spell?

Jonas Eisley First Previous Next Latest
Expand
Valexxia First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, May 17th 2010 11:22am    Post subject:

Tseneca was getting tired, and she could tell Lucas was becoming more and more irritated. The kid reached for another shot, which she intercepted.

"I think you've had enough." She said. He glared at her.

Suddenly, a sketchy looking man perched next to her.
"Buy you drink." It wasnt a question, it was a command.

"Not in this life." She buzzed. Lucas's mood was catching.

"No." he said, his thick accent marring his statements. "No, buy you drink."

"no." she insisted.

"I buy drink anyway, see." He said and flagged the barkeep over.

Tseneca looked to Lucas for help, but he shrugged and took back the shot she'd taken from him.

"Juri Juice too mild, I get you fogblaster. It knock boots off for sure."

Tseneca couldn't believe this guy. Why was he pushing this?

"Excuse me, I'm not sure what you think your doing, but I'm not in the mood for social drinking."

The man was short, balding, he wore a large dusting coat in what once must have been a tan color, but now held the stains of age and misfortune. He continued. "Your friend knock back 3 flameout little ones. he drink, you drink."

"No, see, i'm not. i told you. get lost." Her patience was failing.

He looked her in the eye, for the first time. His eyes were sharp and knowing. His voice lowered into a meaningful low decibal.

"You do not see. You drink, I drink, he drink. I tell you to find the Nico woman..."

Okay, thats Rell, the new PNPC. He's kinda like the deathstick guy in clones but with a russian accent. He's shady, unkept, and just happens to have intercepted a transmission from blightleaper crew to kyp concerning Nico. He's here to help... for a price. Have fun with him

Quote:

Name: Rell
Species: Human

Back to top »
Firi'Taknik
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, May 17th 2010 11:43am    Post subject:

Firi had talked with Dex all night. He talked to her about his life, about living with the hutt as a guardian. In turn she confided in him about Iego, about her exile, about losing Aquar.

He sat back as they landed. Grinning. "Wow. here already."
She smiled back. "I suppose sleep would be in order."

She'd gone to bed loving the newfound companionship.

Now it was quiet on the ship, the others had left and in dock, the ship held a silence it didn't have normally.

"Dex?" She called through the hallway. She heard a banging. He was down in galley, she thought. "Dex?"

Quietly, she paced the hallway. She found him in the mechanics passage.
"What are you doing?"

He jumped, startled. "oh jeez." He dropped a multi-tool on his foot. "Nothing, just checking out the power cuplings. These things are tighter then a ryloths grip." He wacked the pannel to prove the point.

Firi looked at him, regarding his stance. "Yes, we got the ship repaired on Kuat. You shouldn't be down here, Tseneca would have a fit."

He nodded, looking back at the panel. "your probably right, I don't mean to pry." He stretched his arms back and yawned. "I'm tired anyway."

They walked out of the service corridor together. Firi had a strange twisting in her gut, but ignored it, taking it for fatigue, or maybe hunger.
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Mon, May 17th 2010 02:24pm    Post subject:

Kyp had circled the buildings for hours and not a damn thing had happened. From his vantage point Kyp had only spotted your average run of the mill activity. With his eyes beginning to sag down Kyp turn the Vigilance around and back to the Blight Leaper. The planet of Denon seemed to come to life just as Coruscant did at night. Neon colored advertisements blazed past Kyp on his trip back. Every race, shape, size, and creed had a billboard it seemed. Some offered cheap houses or ways to get out of debt. Ridiculous, Kyp thought before touching down next to the Blight Leaper. The transport easily dwarfed the Vigilance and would be sitting in her shadow when the sun rose again.

"Don't worry, it's what's under the hood that counts," Kyp said still aggravated by the fact that she'd been modified. With a leap and spring Kyp exited his A-Wing, grabbed his bag, and ran his hand over the exterior. Turning away Kyp didn't even bother to turn. "We'll get her." With all the security protocols active Kyp moved up the boarding ramp of the Blight Leaper. The interior was something close to what he imagined. With all the current passengers aboard Kyp was surprised to see it so cleanly. Kyp knew damn well with a little time he could make one hell of a mess.

Kyp followed painted signs to the shower. Tseneca wouldn't mind. Or least he hoped. He remembered a saying he had once heard, "Don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness." He knew that usually applied to other more extreme circumstances. Nevertheless Kyp stripped down and hopped in, making sure to bring his lightsaber in with him. Placing it down on a shelf Kyp took care of his business as fast as possible. Kyp flipped his hair forward and checked for grays. "Oh thank god," he said. Fate had not yet given him that gift from the ages. Kyp stepped from the shower and dried himself quickly and donned his robe.

Nearby Kyp heard the tap of feet on the cold durasteel and moved to investigate. Surely it was one of the crew but curiosity always took the better of Kyp. In the next room over Kyp spotted Dex and Firi. Kyp eyed the boy as he wrapped on access panel. All the individuals in the room changed their body language. It was one of the few things that didn't lie. Kyp sensed he felt guilty. With his hand extended Kyp brought his lightsaber to him and cleared his throat, making his presence known.

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, May 17th 2010 03:54pm    Post subject:

"You do not see. You drink, I drink, he drink. I tell you to find the Nico woman..." The man had black market written all over him, yet his appeal had instantly collected their interest. Diann had re-appeared, she had somewhat interrogated a local about a mysterious shuttle, completely unmarked. But a couple of stormtroopers suggested it had been a few Imperial boys looking for R&R.

"Now that's what we came here to know!" Lucas slammed the shot, recently prohibited by Tseneca, "You seem fishy, cape-man, but I like you. Tell us what you know."

"I see you having a good time, I like that." The man bobbled his head, still avoiding the big questions.

"How the hell did you know we were even looking for her?" Tseneca pointed out. Always the smart one. The one that kept eyes on the prize. Even half-sober, she had maintained focus. Maybe Lucas understood the difference in his own between Oxanna's Cantina and now. Tonight, he had been pushed over the ledge. Just an emotional void that alcohol seemed to numb. It was pathetic.

"I hear things, great things."

"Everyboo dees," Lucas stopped to see if the word made sense, then when Tseneca opened her eyes to suggest he continue, her patience slightly thinning, "always listening and overhearing things. You are nose ee."

The man slapped Lucas on the back, "Thatta boy! I overheard you, and you ought to keep that kind of noise traffic quiet, you see?" He rummaged about his cape, bringing about some kind of mechanical device. Lucas laughed, as the man tried to get Tseneca to purchase it.

"No thanks!" She seemed...tired...but they had just barely even got here.

Lucas deciding that being drunk, and later hungover, would embarrass him in front of Master Durron, knew that he needed an alcohol-desynthesizer. They were expensive, and usually only available inside the core. But a world like Denon, homeworld to the Galactic Union government, they would have been available.

"Barkkkkeeeeeep. One alcohol de-synthesizer, puhleast." Lucas slurred, still debating whether or not he was ready to face the onsetting emotions. The man took interest in their available credits, obviously they were not the casual cantina attendees. As the barkeep brought the drink, which smelled and looked like tar, Lucas tossed it back. Instantly, the drink absorbed and converted the alcohol into a gas, which escaped by a tremendous burp. "Well, I feel better." Lucas joked, paying the steep three hundred credit price. "Remind me to avoid alcohol."

"Noted," Tseneca seemed surprised at his sudden turnaround, "Any ways, you were saying, Mr...."
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, May 17th 2010 11:53pm    Post subject:

“Well thanks for letting me know, Lucas.” Badim said gratefully, though it might have come across differently, “Badim out.” Badim shook his head as he keyed the comlink off, he was tired. He’d been searching all day, and the sun began to go down. He resolved to either head back to the Blight Leaper or spy on the targeted bank. Though, with Kyp already doing that within his A-Wing, he believed everything was taken care of. He waved H6 to follow as they made the long walk back to the Leaper.
Query: Master, you do not look so well. Perhaps it’s the adrenaline being flushed out of you, we should kill something to cheer ourselves up… With your permission of course.” H6 finished with a bit of distaste in his final words. As if he didn’t want to have permission to kill.
“Soon enough H6,” Badim said as he quickly walked into a small storefront and bought a map of the local area, being the Galactic Union Bank district specifically. They’d be able to cross-reference information about the bank and figure out Nico’s possible target within the hundreds of structures. He put down the fifteen credits, walked out and then continued his conversation with H6, “We’ll use this map to figure out her move, I want you to download public information about the bank so we can mark Nico’s targets within the bank. Until the entire crew gets together so we can gather around and discuss our next move… I think we should just rest.”
Statement: Understood, Master. What will you have me do in our time or rest?”
“You can recharge, like the rest of us… In a way.”
Mockery: Humph, very well… I will recharge and prepare for our coming encounter.”
Badim admired H6’s human, or should he say sentient behavior, droids were improving almost constantly, in both technology and personality. It was amazing. Badim un-holstered the DL-22 he bought and, before tossing it to him, Badim said, “Heads up.” He tossed the blaster in H6’s direction, who instinctively grabbed the blaster in mid-flight by the grip, and began to twirl and play with it almost.
Assumption: Another excellent piece of technology from BlasTech industries, Master.” He began to move his hand back to Badim, who refused to take it back, saying that the blaster was H6’s now, that he bought it for him, “Gratitude: Why, thank you, Master. I will surely kill an organic with this.”

Badim chuckled at H6’s comment on his present. Soon, the sun curled over the last sliver of horizon and neon lights and activity soon lit up. As if he were back on Nar Shaddaa, Badim instinctively lowered his hood to hid his face in the darkness. The Blight Leaper came into view and he saw Clare reenter from the gangplank. She had her head low, almost a tired look, as tired as himself he thought. As he got closer, he saw Kyp’s A-Wing hidden behind the shadow of the freighter. He walked up the gangplank and entered the common area along with H6. Firi, Dex, Kyp and Clare were there. H6 stayed and chatted with SAMM while Badim tossed the map onto the table the currently gathered crew was around, simply remarking, “We can use that, along with SAMM and H6, to find where Nico might strike.”
Statement: The sooner we find her possible target,” H6 said, continuing Badim’s thought, “The sooner we can prepare.”
Badim nodded and left for his quarters. He made it inside and was about to shut the door and sleep, when Clare appeared and blocked him from shutting it, “I need to talk to you…” Badim stopped and allowed her to come in. Badim nodded and allowed her to speak.
“…The time when we first met-The first night actually. When we--slipped?”

Badim nodded, remembering that night, he’d accidentally scared her and she was so exhausted she couldn’t get off the floor on her own. He helped her up, he lost his footing and she fell on his chest, when of all coincidences that could happen, their lips touched and stayed together for little more than a second. The next day they resolved that it was just a fluke, and nothing more, she did show signs of disappointment, though. “It was a fluke,” He resolved once more, “Nothing--”
“No, it wasn’t,” She demanded as she walked closer to him, she had both hands coupled in front laying on her stomach, it was a stance that looked as if she was worried what he would say, she breathed in shakily and continued, “I-I don’t know what to call this, but, I-I love-” She paused, a tear began to come down her cheek, trying to utter out the last word. She quickly rushed forward and kissed Badim softly on the lips. They remained locked together for more than the second they had experience two weeks ago. Badim soon closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her waist as she went in closer. She let out a soft cry, then pushed Badim away as she turned towards the door. She breathed in heavily as Badim’s heart hammered in his chest. She buried her face in her hands for a moment, trying to hide herself from Badim. When she finally replied, “I’m sorry…” Then ran down the hall towards her quarters.

Badim was stuck, he didn’t know how to feel. Embraced? Compassionate? …Love? Though, now he was abandoned, and felt broken. He shut the door, sat on his bed and thought as his heart continued to hammer…

Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, May 18th 2010 12:16am    Post subject:

"Rell" croaked the vagrant in his husky accented voice. "That is my name. and I say that I maybe can help you with what you are seeking"

"How do you know what we're seeking?" tseneca asked wearily.

"Ah. I maybe should let you know i hear transmission from ship. You looking for Nico woman, yes?"

She nodded. What else could go wrong...

alex, ima need you to work on this, im kinda vague on what nico's planning. Go ahead and finish this?
 Back to top »
Dex Fashiir
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, May 18th 2010 12:23am    Post subject:

Firi had left and Dex looked at Kyp, who's come out from the shadows, holding his lightsaber, unignited, up to him. He knew what it looked like he was doing, he wasn't sure if he could convince the Jedi otherwise.

Drekka, being a hutt, had taught him how to guard himself against the Jedi tricks, his mind was well guarded, he wasn't weak like the others.

"don't worry, i was looking at the power cuplinks. if you think otherwise, you can ask SAMM."

SAMM made a snort like noise. Everything seems to be in order...

Dex gestured at the ceiling with his multi-tool. "See, can't argue with that." Satisfied with himself, the boy pushed past the Jedi.

What was it gonna take to convince these people to trust him?
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, May 18th 2010 03:31am    Post subject:

Clare entered her quarters with tears running down her face and laid on the bed, confused. She didn’t know what to do, if she helped Badim escape, they would both be dead for sure. But if she brought Badim to Candrog, he would be dead. She was falling into Badim’s weakness of Mercy, as Candrog put it. No, that’s what Candrog calls it, weakness, she muttered in her head, He saves the innocent, ones who were at the wrong place at the wrong time, while he killed the ones who were killers themselves. She didn’t understand Candrog’s dislike for Badim’s mercy. If she could go back and defy his commands to kill, and do whatever it took to get the innocent away, she would, seeing the benefits Badim has reaped. Calm and Peace, instead of Chaos and Guilt. She was constantly hiding those regrets, and she was tired of it.
But if she failed this mission and didn’t bring Badim to Candrog, they would both die from the sheer amount of Bounty Hunters Candrog would send against them, and never follow in Badim’s legacy of saving innocents.

She needed to find a way and began to think of loopholes. She thought for several minutes, trying out several ideas in her head until she found one, If I can bring Badim to Candrog, then turn on him at the last moment. I would be free of him, and if he’d forgive me, Badim and I could stay together, without secrets! She resolved happily, now all she had to do was wait for her moment to take him to Nar Shaddaa. And to freedom.

She had a thought to return to Badim, but he, the entire crew were all tired from searching for Vera Nico, anticipating if she’d come out of a dark corner or not and looking for possible targets. She would just need to tell him after she had defeated Candrog. She rested her head on her pillow with a soft smile across her face. Her cheeks were salty with the tears that had run down them, but she didn’t need to cry anymore, she would be at peace soon.
She just needed a ride to Nar Shaddaa, and she believed she had the perfect place to get it.

When this mission to find Nico is done, you guys mind if we take a little break from the chase and have the Leapergang save Badim? (No, Clare and Badim can't be saved by themselves, I've got something nasty planned for that :twisted: . So I would need the leaper gang to do this) PLEASE!!! :shock:

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Tue, May 18th 2010 05:40am    Post subject:

Kyp let the boy pass and clipped his lightsaber back to his belt. He wasn't there to start a fight nor show disrespect. Kyp was naturally suspicious of him. If he didn't want the suspicions then perhaps he shouldn't be poking where he shouldn't. As far as the Jedi Master was concerned he couldn't trust the kid as of yet. Kyp knew that the only way he could be betrayed was if he trusted him to begin with.

He hadn't even said a word and for some reason just felt as though he'd been given the third degree. Rubbing the base of his nose, Kyp shook his head and moved out to the landing pad. Even with the noise of passing air speeders Kyp found it oddly comforting. Sitting down a few feet from the base of the ramp Kyp crossed his legs and phased off into his own little world, somewhere between meditation and day dreaming.

Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, May 18th 2010 08:27pm    Post subject:

The day dawned again, as it always did no matter where in the Galaxy. Clare had woken up before everyone else and had snuck out the ship to make her way back to the Black Stars’ Outlet to request that Candrog send a ship for her to take Badim to Nar Shaddaa. She continued down the streets of Denon until she arrived back at the Outlet she was at yesterday. She followed the same procedure for gaining access and requested to speak to Candrog. Harkin, remembering what Candrog had threatened yesterday and didn’t hesitate to request an audience with the Criminal Twi’lek. Clare waited until Harkin returned, waving her inside.

Clare entered and bowed to the holographic incarnation of the Crime Lord.
“What progress do you have to report?” He demanded as he leaned into his chair.
“I have devised a method of getting Badim to you,” She replied, raising from her bow “But I require a ship big enough for the two of us.”
Candrog rubbed his chin for a tense moment, he scratched the tip of his head as he thought of what she planned, “I will send a YT-450a to pick you and Badim up. Harkin-” He said as he waved him over, “-Give her a comlink for you to contact her when the ship arrives.” Harkin nodded and handed one of the small devices to her.
Clare nodded and turned back to Candrog, who continued, “I trust that you will not fail me, for you already know the consequences of defying me. Harkin, give her my gift,” He said as Harkin brought forward an elegant collar, “This will be a tremendous event in your life,” He replied as Clare pondered the piece of work, “You will finally kill my rival’s tool, I request that you wear this when you kill Badim, then it will remain yours as a trophy your finest kill of your career. You have stalked him longer than any other you’ve hunted,” He paused, Clare responded with a hollow, deceitful smile, “This has been your toughest challenge yet, and you are close to accomplishing it. This is for you to remember.”
Clare bowed respectfully, she accepted the gift and indeed planned to wear it, when she killed Candrog instead. It would become her reminder of her recent struggle for freedom, “I will, Candrog.”
Candrog smiled and tapped his fingers together, “Your ship should arrive late tomorrow evening. I suggest you keep your cover until then.”

Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, May 19th 2010 05:36am    Post subject:

The sun was absent from the skyline, but the artificial lights kept the population stirring. Alisson traversed the Gardens of the Financial District, it was nearly completely vacant. Every now and then, a guard would approach and asked if she had lost her way. Alisson dismissed them quickly, promising them she was only enjoying the night's beauty and a quiet walk away from everyone and everything else. They parted her kindly, but their eyes rarely left her.

Alisson didn't mind the company, despite them lurking in the shadows of the flora. The sensation of being alone, and in control of her own future, had spread through her cybernetic brain like a sandstorm on Tatooine. It had festered in every nook and corner, forever would this feeling vibrate throughout her body.

Cybot Galactica HeadQuarters, Year 18 ABY

A mysterious audio had been detected, a human male, her eyes widening as she opened them beneath a glass. Her cybernetic and metallic structure had been replaced, and she could feel the warmness of the goo. The substance had been enhanced with bacta, as the flesh surrounding her arms sloshed the substance back and forth.

A man in a white coat had been on the otherside, a frendly smile spreading across his face. She recognized him, though she had never personally made visual contact, the information pre-loaded into her memory banks identified him as: Ryan Davad, Owner and CEO of Cybot Galactica. He was married to Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad, Owner and Operator of Kuat Drive Yards, and a rising Magistrate on Kuat, their homeworld.

She felt the sensation of the glass as she pressed her hand against it, her head twisting as she processed the information. Activation. She had been activated. Humans may have defined this moment as birth, but quickly she understood, she had not yet been liberated from her "womb". She coiled her fingers into a fist, and slammed it into the glass.

It shattered upon impact, her strength and endurance had held her in place, allowing her to step onto the ground before her. She registered the man's expression as startled, and that had upset her. She didn't mean to frighten him.

She took a step back, and a new feeling shot up her leg and into her body. It wasn't pleasant, it stung and hurt. A chunk of glass protruded from the sole of her feet and outwards. "I didn't mean to frighten you." She spoke her first words. She had liked the sound of her voice. She didn't sound like a droid.

"It's all right, are you, okay?"

"This hurts." She pointed at the piece of glass wedged into her foot, attempting to divert the pain receptors, but she had no way of blocking them. At least, she hadn't understood why she wasn't able to.

"Gods, here," the man stepped close to her, running a medical instrument over her body, while injecting her with a serum. "It'll help the pain,"

The table was close enough for her to lean on, bringing her foot to a level that would be easier for the man to heal. "Thank you." In a tone that seemed more like an answer to a question, than simple gratitude.

"You are very polite, tell me, this is an exciting moment. I had meant to bring you out, I didn't think you'd punch through the glass..." the man had still not properly introduced himself, but then she thought about it. She didn't know her name.

"State your designation."

The man was gentle as he removed the glass from her foot, "Ryan Davad. And what about you? What do you call yourself?"

She attempted to access that information. Processing. "My cybernetic brain tag is serial number six dash eight one one two three nine eight."

The man, now defined as Ryan, released the sensation known as laughter.This emotion, had been preloaded into her system. She laughed as well, which had caught him off-guard again. "I'm sorry."

"No, no! I didn't think you'd be able to laugh at this stage. Though it sounds a little...artifical." He scribbled something down, then returned his attention to her, "It's an honor to meet you, uh, Serial number Six Dash Eight. Maybe you'd prefer something a little more...human?"

"Human." She repeated.

Financial Gardens - Present

"Hello, Miss?" Guard Number 8494 approached, but he held more of an authoritative title. "Can we assist you? You've been wandering here for several hours. Do you require medical attention?"

"No." She stated clearly.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the premise. You're making several of my officers a little uneasy. And a distraction isn't what I need right about now."

Alisson pondered her options here, "I'm looking for Vera Nico."

The man did a double take, "Excuse me?"

"I was told this was where I could find her. I have orders to arrest and detain her, Galactic Union Warrant 553393-144, honored by Kuat, Coruscant, Denon, Bothawui, Sol, -"

"I understand, but have you cleared this with our security branch?"

"I have a meeting tomorrow."

The man tossed his hands up, "I'm sorry, but why don't you come back then, and get it all squared away. And bring the warrant with you, don't toss numbers around acting like it makes you sound official, cause it doesn't. You have three minutes, or I'll have you in a holding cell."

Alisson knew her rights, he wouldn't be able to do that, at least, legally. She opened her mouth to verbally disagree with the man, when Lucas chimed in over the communication device. "Alisson, get back here. We might have a better lead than we originally thought. Lucas out."

"The Jedi are calling, until tomorrow, Supervisor-" she leaned in, "Greg." And she was gone...
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, May 20th 2010 02:09am    Post subject:

Badim sat in his quarters, continuing to think on what had happened between Clare and himself. He didn’t know what to make of it. She indeed was a mysterious woman. He thought hard on a different subject, Sara Soto. He hadn’t thought of her -besides her cryptic message- in a long time. He pondered her for a long while as the sun began to rise, he couldn’t make heads or tails as to why he let her go. Maybe he needed to try a new leaf? Save someone for a change? He didn’t love her, as he thought, just wanting to end that part in his life by returning her locket. It was the last part of Dirod he needed to bury.

He shook his head, he needed to stay in the now. Vera Nico was, as with the rest of the crew, his priority now. He would have time to return the locket after they deal with Nico. He decided he needed a walk. He got up from his cot and exited the small room, he walked down the hallway and noticed the common area was empty, everyone was still probably asleep. H6 was shut down, sleeping in the corner of the room. He moved towards the lowered gangplank and saw Kyp on the ground in the typical meditation state all Jedi went in from time to time. He snuck past him and continued down the street.

He hoped Kyp’s Jedi abilities didn’t sense him taking an early stroll. He walked down the streets in Denon’s early light, people were drunk and on their way to their apartments to sober up. He walked until he found a small place to eat breakfast. There wasn’t much food on the Blight Leaper, only enough to eat when they were in transit from place to place. He sat down at one of the tables and picked up a menu. He hadn’t eaten much of a meal except for a few supplements, and he was craving real food. He looked over the datapad equate of a menu and found what he wanted.

The waitress came and went, gathered his order and went to the chef. Badim looked around the room, not many tables were filled, it was pretty desolate this early. Except for a neimoidian sitting in a corner. Something about the features on the alien reminded him of a friend from Nar Shaddaa. He spied the alien for a while until a distinct wielding scar across it’s face came into view. Dorniekke, Badim thought happily, confirming his old friend. He stood up and walked over to Dorniekke
. Without looking up, ’’ asked, “What do you want? Can’t you see I’m trying to enjoy my--” His face became stunned as he looked up and saw Badim’s familiar grin. Dorniekke stood up and shook his friend’s hand and asked, “Sorry for how rudely I acted, Mister Soiling!” He offered Badim a seat, which he gladly took and replied, “No worries, I probably would have done the same thing to you,” they both laughed as Badim continued, “So what else have you been doing since you left Dirod last year?”

Dorniekke rubbed his eyes clear of sleepiness and replied, “Doing what I do best, fixing speeders. Must like what I did with Dirod’s speeders shortly after you would take them to assassinations.”
Dorniekke expression slowly changed as he thought back to those days, then curiously asked, “Did he send you to kill me? After all he did put you up to kill me. I hope you won’t go back on your promise to protect me…”

Badim remembered that day, Dorniekke was on an off day and had repaired one of Dirod’s speeders incorrectly, to which he took as an assassination attempt and sent Badim after him. Knowing it was just an honest mistake, and that Dirod’s wrath could not be detoured, Badim helped Dorniekke off the planet. Originally he was to head to Coruscant, but he ended up here instead for some reason. Badim replied, “No, when I make a promise, I’m determined.”
“Sort of like what you did with that Sara girl, right?”
Badim lowered his head, no matter what he did, he couldn’t escape her, “Yeah, something like that,” He replied, then looked Dorniekke eye-to-eye and continued, “But you don’t need to worry about Dirod anymore.”
“Why?”
“Killed him on the eve of the New Year.”

Dorniekke was taken back, he didn’t think that Badim would ever betray Dirod, “What made you do that?”
“He threatened my foster parents…” He replied as he lowered his head, “But he survived my attack and killed them anyways. So I killed him again.”

“I’m glad that bastard got what he deserved! --And I’m sorry about your parents, they were wonderful folks. If I were human… Well, let’s just say Neimoidian parents are much to think of.”
They both laughed at Dorniekke final remark, though Badim’s laugh was hollow, without tone. It was still a sensitive subject. He’d known his foster parents for all his life, even when they revealed they weren’t his birth parents, he never wanted any other.
“So, what have you been doing since your freedom? Have you gotten The Star‘s Slave out for a test flight?”
“The Killer’s Fate, as I renamed it, got destroyed when me and my two crew members crashed on Rhen Var.”
“I don’t believe you! You don’t even have a scratch on you!”
“I’ve since changed my attire, Dorniekke, and there was a Jedi archeological team who healed our wounds.”

“Well, that does make a bit of sense…” Dorniekke replied apologetically.

“And since the crash we’ve joined the crew of the Blight Leaper.”
“Interesting. Well, old friend, it is nice to know that I can come out of hiding. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to celebrate!” Dorniekke exclaimed as he ran out the door.

Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, May 21st 2010 02:00am    Post subject:

"Ah. I maybe should let you know i hear transmission from ship. You looking for Nico woman, yes?" The accent was thick, Lucas couldn't actually place it, sounded a little made up, versus ethnic. Lucas allowed the man to continue, "I hear things, and get paid for it." If he was implying that he needed money, Lucas wasn't about to offer any. He had spent two weeks allowance on drinks, then another month fixing that problem. His eyes drifted away from the man, he wished he had an Umbaran right about now.

"But zen again, maybe I do not hear as much as I zought I did." The baggage man took the last liquid in his cup, and swallowed it in one clean gulp. "Thank you for your time."

Tseneca fished something from her pocket, and slid it across the table. "Ahhh, I see. Memory comes back." Lucas pivoted in his chair, listening intently. "I heard Nico-"

Immediately Lucas shot a question in, "How did you know it was her?"

"Everyone knows Nico voice, she is legendary. No?" Tseneca put her hand on his arm, a small gesture of shut up and let him speak, just in a kinder way. "I hear zat she plans on big things, glorious things to her cause."

"We know, the bank. Are you going to tell us something we don't know, or are we going to ask for a refund-" He used the Force to slid the credit chip back towards them, the man slamming his hand down to catch it, "All right, all right. I get to the good stuff." Lucas folded his arms, expecting better results than the first time, "You see, this kind of knowledge is heavy on my heart. It wouldn't be right keeping it inside." He dropped to a lower tone, "She is using school children, some of them wired with explosions."

Tseneca moved uncomfortably, but Lucas shook his head. "No, no. I may not like her, hell, I hate her, but the one thing she hates, and absolutely avoids, are civilian casualties. Especially children."

"Zat is what I hear, take it or leave it."

"We'll leave it," Lucas rose from the table, his shirt catching on the table, revealing his lightsaber. Immediately the cloak man reached out, grabbing his arm.

"You are a Jedi, I should have known. You know I am telling the truth then, you sense it?" Lucas tried to pull away, but the man pulled him in closer, "I hear things, I see things. I am not a fan of Nico, but I do not hate her. These children are not normal. I cannot eggslain."

Lucas reached out, he was going to remove the man's arm, if he didn't let go. But as his hand met his raw flesh, Lucas knew that the strange, accented man, was not only telling the truth, but he was Force-sensitive. The vision of Nico using children flooded into him, in a strange window. Then a brief overlap of the man's life. A pristine boy walking the halls of Yavin temple, looking upwards at Master Skywalker, running through a corridor of an Imperial Star Destroyer, then finally, a fall that had supposedly ended his life. Rell pulled away. "You saw?"

"I saw." Lucas responded, a newfound pity fell over the man. Why had he left the Order? Why was he dressed this way, hiding what he really was. "Why-"

"I see things." The phrase had been repeated several times, "I must go, but Tseneca," he looked at the woman straight in the eyes, "The gate with a grant emblem will not be the way out. You must seek the road underneath, if you want to save your friendz."

And with that, the man parted, and before Lucas could ask another question, he had slipped through the cantina crowd. Lucas turned to Tseneca, "We need to look for a school teacher who has just been granted access to the inside." Whether Lucas believed it or not, he had seen Nico and the children she planned to use for her mission. Whatever it was, they had to save those kids...
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Sat, May 22nd 2010 02:38am    Post subject:

“Kyp wake up,” a violent shaking shook the bed. Kyp stirred and rolled away from the sound.

“Come on, damnit,” the voice called out again. He felt hands on his back and a hard push sent him careening off the bed's surface onto the hard floor. A yelp escaped his mouth as he stared up at his attacker's face. Shrouded partly by the sun, Zeth stared down at him, long brown hair draping over his face hiding most of his features besides a lopsided grin.

“What do you want?” Kyp responded lunging headlong at his brother. Kyp weighed only half of his older brother and was easily caught and thrown into a pile of clothing.

“Cut it out. Get dressed, I wanna show you something,” Zeth stepped over him and left his room. Kyp got to his feet and made a silent gesture behind his brother's back. From his understanding it meant something along the lines of one having sexual relations with oneself. Kneeling down Kyp grabbed for the first clean pair of pants he could find. In the pile was his favorite pair of pants. They were dirty from the day before but not too dirty.

“Good enough,” Kyp said to himself. In another pile he found his shoes, shirt, and socks. Quickly Kyp donned the clothing and raced out the door.

At the front door Zeth stood propped up on the doors frame with his arms crossed, “What took ya so long, grandma?”

“Had to get your ugly face out of my head first,” Kyp responded as he passed through the door to the outside.

“Is that so?” Zeth said as he grabbed him by the shoulders and tripped him using his leg to stall his own from catching his weight. Kyp hit the duracrete hard but rolled to avoid most of the damage.

“Yeah it is.” Kyp said punching Zeth in the leg with his middle knuckle extended. It'd leave a nasty bruise in the morning. Kyp got the satisfaction he was looking for in the form of a grimace from his older brother.

“Alright, alright. Truce.” Zeth rubbed the spot and wrapped his arm over Kyp's shoulder. Kyp responded with a grunt but didn't shake him off. “I wanna show you a really cool spot I found. I think you'll like it.”

“Where is it?” Kyp looked up to his brother who only smiled.

“Well it's a surprise and it wouldn't be much of one if I just outright told you, now would it?” The two siblings left their parents property and turned down the walkway. Deyer's only city floated on a massive ocean. Kyp had heard stories of whole planets covered with cities that were populated into the billions. From what he understood there was only about a hundred and fifty thousand people here. All around him people came and went from their homes. Some were kids his age or older playing amongst one another while their parents were away.
“Hey lil' bro? Have you ever thought about what's out there?” Zeth said staring ahead, at what Kyp wasn't sure.

“What do you mean? Like at sea?” Kyp responded not knowing what his brother was talking about.

“No I mean, like up there. In space,” he said looking up.

Kyp craned his neck up as well. “Not really. I have heard stories from mom and dad.”

“Oh nevermind.” Zeth said as he responded as he took his arm off his shoulder and jogged ahead. “Race ya!” he said as he bolted forward. Kyp wasn't even sure where he was supposed to be running to but he gave chase doing his best to keep up with his brother. Being five years older than himself definitely had it's advantages. Zeth's long legs stretched out and propelled him forward. Kyp lagged behind but ran as hard as his legs could till he finally saw Zeth stop and turn around.
“Not fair,” he said coming to a halt. Kyp rested his palms on his knee's and caught his breath.

“You have longer legs than me. I'll never win.”

“Give it time. I'm sure you'll beat me eventually.” Zeth said gaining his breath again as well. “Come on it's not much farther now.” The sun started to crest below the horizon, falling ever so slowly. The two marched past the last houses and approached a large chain link fence. On the other side was what Kyp thought may be an industrial complex. Zeth got a running start and hopped up onto the fence and started climbing. A do not enter sign right next to his body shone brightly in the failing light.

“I don't think we're supposed to be here.” Kyp said watching his brother climb up and over.

“Fine if you're going to be a wuss about it.” he said as he continued onward towards the facility. Kyp looked at his brother then the fence. He thought against it but went with his instinct and grabbed hold of the fence and started the climb over. Once over he jumped off landing with a loud clap of his shoes and raced to catch up with Zeth. “Right here,” Zeth said leaning down to pull back a large circular metal plate. Down below was a ladder leading into darkness. Zeth lowered himself down onto the ladder and climbed down into the black void. “Come on,” he said. It seemed the echo in the expanse below. Kyp followed not questioning his older brother's judgment. One step at a time Kyp eased his way down into what he realized was an old drainage pipe. The rain water would pass through here and return to the ocean whenever it rained, which was fairly often.

At the bottom Zeth stared at him and moved forward towards a source of light, “Almost there, bro.” The light slowly got stronger till the pair was about to turn a corner. Zeth stopped and turned back, “I want you to close your eyes and grab my hand.”

Kyp crossed his arms and stared up Zeth, “Why should I?”

“It's a surprise, idiot.” Zeth said, extending his hand outwards. Kyp reached forward and took his hand and closed his eyes. The pair turned the corner and Kyp could already tell a definite change in the light. Perhaps his eyes had just gotten used the almost pitch black of the drainage pipe. Zeth lead him a few steps further and Kyp began to feel a slight breeze on his face. “Open your eyes.”

Kyp eye lids parted to reveal what the whole expedition had been for. In front of him was the sun shining brilliantly off the water's surface. Above in the sky the clouds had turned to a velvet and orange mix. Even at his age Kyp realized a thing of beauty. “Wow, that's awesome.” Kyp said as he sat down and let his feet dangle over the edge of the drainage pipe. A hundred feet below the water churned and smashed into the floating city's edge.

“I know right,” Zeth said as he too sat down next to Kyp. The two stared out into the vast scene in front of them. Awestruck by what they had found but also by what they both had. A good brother. It seemed that time suddenly halted and all that existed was themselves. For the longest the two sat, with not a word being spoke between them.

A rumble shook Kyp out of his trance and then a second. In front of him the sunset vanished behind a veil of clouds. The velvet mix churned and turned to a deep grey in only an instant. The calm breeze seemed the choke off for a second, leaving it strangely quite. Rains were known to come in quick on Deyer but not this quick. From nowhere the wind picked up to a full gale and lightning streaked through the sky in every direction.

“We should go,” Kyp said turning to his brother. Horror and shock rattled through Kyp and every hair on his arms stood fully on end. It looked as though his brother was wasting away before his eyes. His skin turned from a lightly tanned brown to a sickly white and began rotting away. With a violent push Zeth flew off the edge and fell headlong into the spray below. Kyp pushed with his arms but couldn't move. It felt as though his body was a solid block of duracrete. Watching helplessly from the pipe Kyp could see the tiny splash in the water below as Zeth fell in. Without warning rain pounded in at Kyp with hurricane like power. Each and every droplet felt like a knife digging into his flesh. Tears mixed with the rain as Kyp stood still against the brunt of the storm. This couldn't be real. It wasn't right.

The world peeled away, layer by layer till all that remained was black. Even though Kyp couldn't see it, he felt it. A shaking like when Zeth had awoke him rattled his body. A voice pierced through the darkness and slowly faded to a whisper. “Take care of yourself, brother. Know I always loved you.”

Kyp's eyes opened to the brilliant Denon sun. For an instant he didn't know what had been shaking him till he looked over at the familiar form of Lucas, his hand had a firm grasp of his shoulder. “Master Durron? Are you alright?” he said, his eyed wide with concern. Kyp looked down to his hands and felt his face. He was white as a snow and cold as ice. Kyp was sure his face looked as though he had seen a ghost. At this point he wasn't sure what he had saw. “Master?” Lucas shook him again for good measure.

“What the hell?” Kyp finally responded looking around himself trying to gain his bearings again. “What's going on?”

“Master Durron you were talking to yourself. Something about a Zeth, I believe it was.” he said releasing his grip.

Kyp stood up and brushed himself off. Color began to come back to his skin and he could feel the warmth with it. “I'm not too sure what was going on.” Kyp lied knowing he wasn't prepared to share any details. Kyp leaned in close to Lucas and looked him in the eyes. “Say something.”

“Like what?” Lucas responded.

Kyp sniffed the air and leaned back out, “You've been drinking.” Kyp eyed both Lucas and Tseneca. He was doing his best to take their minds of himself. Kyp flashed a grin and crossed his arms. “Next time remember to get something minty to cover the smell.” Bending over Kyp gathered up his robe from the duracrete surface of the landing pad. Kyp gave the air one more sniff and knew where they had been. They always had a distinctive smell to them. “Have any luck at the cantina?”

Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, May 24th 2010 04:57am    Post subject:

Badim continued to walk the streets of Denon alone. The rest of the crew were sleeping, Tseneca and Lucas were trying to find Nico’s target within the bank, and Badim was left to reminisce. He couldn’t help but remember Nar Shaddaa. If he wasn’t on it, he seemed to be thinking about it constantly. It was hard to let it go, so much of him was left there, Brenna, Jaalib, his kills and countless others things. He looked around the streets as they began to quickly thicken as the day began to carry on. He noticed two Selkath walk the market, which made him reminisce about Nar Shaddaa more; more about Sheol Sthiceus-

-But before he could begin to remember, he saw Clare walking the streets with a strange collar in her hands. He called to her, “Clare.” he caught her attention as she almost dropped the item in her hands. He paced towards her slowly, simply asking, “Where have you been this morning?”
“…Have you been looking for me?” She asked as she walked casually in his direction.
“No. I was just surprised to see you out here this early. I thought you were still sleeping at the Leaper,” he stopped and saw the collar in greater detail, “What’s that you have?” he replied as he admired the elegant piece.

Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, May 24th 2010 04:57am    Post subject:

“O-oh this?” she replied as she played with it, “Just a gift from a f-friend of mine.”
She seemed to choke at the word friend, Candrog was no more a friend than a star is to an asteroid barreling towards it. But it was a gift no-doubt.
“Look,” Badim said as he rubbed his neck beneath his hood, “What you said, back at the Leaper—last night. I-”
“It’s okay,” Clare cutoff, “I’ll make sure we talk about it, after we deal with Nico.” she finished with a reassuring smile.
Badim pointed a finger at her with a fierce look on his face, then it slowly transform into a soft smile, “I’ll be sure to keep you to that.” he laughed.
Both their comlinks came alive in a flurry of beeps. Clare answered hers, Tseneca was on the other line.
“You two should get back to the Leaper, we have something we can go off of.”

Without another word, they both made the short trip back to the ship. Badim and Clare walked side-by-side as they walked, though, Clare couldn’t help but look at Badim’s gloved hand. She reached for it and grasped her fingers around his to reassure him that she would indeed talk to him about the night before. He turned to her with a small smile, she replied with glowering eyes. She began to try and reach for his lips, when a voice from the Leaper’s gangplank yelled out teasingly, “Well, what the frak is this?”

The person who says, ”Well, what the frak is this?”, can be anyone from the Leaper. Tseneca, Lucas, Kyp. Whoever you guys want. Your choice :D

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Denon, Landing Pad 16-B
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: