Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
YT-2000 - The Wandering Raider
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » YT-2000 - The Wandering Raider
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dylan Vega
L.E.N.

Post Posted: Tue, May 04th 2010 10:18pm    Post subject: YT-2000 - The Wandering Raider

The Wandering Raider

Crew:
Pilot/Captain: Dylan Vega

History:
The Wandering Raider is a small frieghter originally used by the Trandoshan, Javilen Tsa', it is stock through-out except for Navi-computer and weapon systems. Which includes Missile launchers.

Specs:
Expand

Cockpit:

Deckplan:
Expand

Accommodations:

Main Computer:

Droid unit(s): R9-T1

Dylan Vega
L.E.N.

Post Posted: Thu, May 06th 2010 08:59pm    Post subject:

As R9 flew The Wandering Raider out Telos IV’s orbit, Dylan ran to the navigation room and uploaded Rerok’s coordinates. “Follow that ship, R9!” Dylan yelled as he ran to the ventral turret controls, “De-do” replied R9-T1. Dylan slid down the ladder to take control of the bottom turret, he sat down in the gunner seat and began searching for Rerok’s ship. Dylan made Rerok’s ship in the distance preparing for hyperspace jump, he had one chance to destroy Rerok’s engines before he left the system. Dylan aimed carefully at Rerok’s ship, one mistake could cost Dylan a thousand credits worth of bounty if he accidentally killed Rerok. Dylan fired at Rerok, but he was to late by the time his laser reached Rerok’s position he had already went into hyperspace. Dylan banged on the controller in anger, “Sith-spit!” Dylan exclaimed, ”R9, follow that ship into hyperspace!”
“Wooo…” R9-T1 replied in a sad tone. Dylan tightly held on to his chair as The Wandering Raider went into hyperspace to continue the chase after Rerok. Dylan got out the gunner seat, climbed up the ladder and told R9, “Keep her steady R9, I‘m going to my room to get some shut eye.” said Dylan.
“Be-de, do.” R9 beeped.

Dylan walked into his room, sat in the chair by his desk, and began rubbing his eyes. Dylan looked at the edge of his desk and saw the holo-picture of him and his beautiful wife, Ella, on their wedding day. Dylan reached over to grab the picture as he always did every night. Dylan remembered the first time they met…

~~Twelve Years Earlier~~

It was cold, rainy day on Nar Shadaa, he was crying in the corner of the street. Dylan, had just lost everything he had, his girlfriend, his money, his home, and his dignity to gambling. All he had left was the saggy wet clothes on his back. Dylan kept crying hoping that someone among all the people that walked by would put him out of his misery. Finally a tall women with a rain coat approached him from the crowd, “What’s wrong?” she said, “Why do you care?” Dylan replied,
“Fine, then I‘ll leave.” said the women as she turned around to leave,
Reaching out his hand Dylan said “Wait,” the girl stopped to listen what Dylan was going to say next, “What‘s your name?”
The girl turned around removed her hood and said, “Ella Harper, who are you?”
“Dylan…Dylan Vega.”
“Why are you sad?” Ella asked again,
“I…I’ve lost everything, nobody wants me, even the women whom I thought loved me has abandoned me. I should‘ve listened to my parents, I don‘t have what it takes to be a gambler.”
“So?” replied Ella, Dylan looked up at her with a confused face, Why would she say that? he thought,
“When things look down, look up. If you give up on life,” said Ella as she reached out her hand, “life will give up on you.” Dylan paused for a moment considering the words Ella just spoke, “Let me help you.”
Said Ella in a soft in a voice, “Why,” Dylan asked “why would you help me?”
“In times of sorrow, I would want someone to help me.” replied Ella. Dylan looked at the hand that Ella was offering, knowing that it wouldn’t stay for long, Dylan grabbed the hand. As Ella pulled Dylan up he said,
“How do you plan to help me?”
“If you lost everything through gambling, then were going to get it back through gambling. And don‘t worry, I‘m a good luck charm.”

That night Ella and Dylan won double the money that he had lost, he promised Ella that he would never gamble again in his life as he purchased tickets to Corellia to go live with his parents.
One year later Dylan went back to Nar Shadaa to find Ella to thank her, they fell in love and got married the next year.

~~Present~~

Dylan put the picture back in the corner, got out of his chair and crawled into bed.
I‘ll find you Ella, he re-promised in his head, Even if I die trying.
Dylan Vega
L.E.N.

Post Posted: Sat, May 08th 2010 10:56pm    Post subject:

Dylan yawned as he slowly opened his eyes from another long restless night, he got out of bed, poured himself a glass of water and went to the cockpit. “Beep Beep, Beep-oop.” greeted R9,
“Good Morning to you as well.” Dylan sat in the pilot seat, looked at R9 whom was still flying the ship, asked, “When do we reach our destination?”
“De-do.” replied R9-T1,
“Alright then,” said Dylan, “Give me control.”
“Be-do.” beeped R9 as he released control of the ship.
Dylan finished his drink, placed it in a slot next to his seat, scooted forward and reached out his hands to take control of the ship.

The Wandering Raider left hyperspace and found itself in the deadly asteroid belt of Peragus. These asteroids were highly volatile, one misfire could blow up the entire field; again. They gave up mining operations here shortly after an incident happened three-to-four millennia ago. “Is the beacon on Rerok’s ship still active, R9?” asked Dylan,
“De-doop.”
“Good,” said Dylan, “Give me it’s location.”
Dylan flew his ship past asteroid after asteroid, one of which came close enough to nearly rip the top turret off the ship. Gotta stay a distance, Dylan kept reminding himself, five kilometers to go
Dylan leaned forward with his thumb hovered over the trigger ready to unleash his EMP missiles as his ship flew over the final asteroid in between him and Rerok. Dylan turned off his engines and slouched back into his seat in disappointment when the only he saw was not a ship, but a simple bleeping red light. I hate mornings, Dylan thought to himself. Rerok must have discovered the tracking device on his ship, and made a run for the closest system he could find, then jettison it. “R9, scan for expended Ion-particles, or any kind of radiation a hyperdrive gives off, Rerok might still be around.”
R9-T1 began scanning for Rerok’s ship, when suddenly he found something.
“Woot, woot!” wooted R9.
“Well, don’t just sit there, send me the coordinates!” Dylan quickly re-ignited his engines and began speeding past the explosive asteroids. “COME ON!” Dylan yelled as he banged on the controls.
The only thing Dylan saw was an old busted up YZ-900 with a hole in the middle. Dylan was almost ready to blast the ship into space dust, but then he remembered how him and Javilen used to explore ships like these to find any valuables inside. Dylan sighed as he got out of his chair, “Prep up R9, were going outside.”

Dylan put on his helmet, attached a cord to his suit to supply him with oxygen, and grabbed his blaster Just in case, he thought. Dylan, shook his head at R9 telling him to open the hatch. “Beep-oop.” R9 beeped as he opened the airlock. Dylan grabbed onto R9 and said, “Let‘s go.” R9 then activated the jets on his legs and both him and Dylan flew to the derelict ship. When he got close enough, Dylan activated the powerful magnets on his feet to walk on the ship.
Dylan scavenged the ship as he walked through it’s halls, only to find utensils, credits, left over food, nothing too valuable. Dylan later found the navigation room for the ship, he started floating towards the panel to see if it could be used or salvaged. “Hmm, it’s still functional,” said Dylan with an eager voice, “Let‘s see where you‘ve been?” Dylan then tilted his head in confusion, “What? There‘s a Navigation Lock.” Dylan began to wonder what he had just stumbled upon, It could be a smuggler ship Dylan thought, And if so there might be some valuables in the cargo hold. Dylan began making his way down into the lower levels of the ship, on his way he heard some noise coming from the end of the hall. Dylan pulled out his blaster and aimed at the origin of the sound. “Check it out.” Dylan ordered R9, R9-T1 looked at Dylan and beeped “Beeep.”
“Yes, you,” replied Dylan “Now go, I‘ll cover you.”
R9-T1 let out one more beep and slowly rolled his way to the end of the hall, R9 looked into the room, turned on his flashlight, and quickly started rolling his way back to Dylan, screaming “WOOOOOOOW!!!”
R9 shivered as he hid behind Dylan’s back, “Stay close,” Dylan bravely said as he approached the room.
Dylan looked into the room and began to laugh, “Is this what scared you?” Dylan asked R9.
R9 looked from behind Dylan’s back only to see a powered off R6 unit, Dylan then walked up to the droid to take a closer look. “He looks pretty banged up,” said Dylan, “You try to fix him up while I go see what‘s in the cargo.”
R9 replied with an almost disgusted sound. When Dylan left for the cargo hold, R9 rolled up to the damaged R6 unit, and kicked it.

Dylan made a long, sharp whistle as he entered the cargo hold looking at all of the crates that filled the room, undoubtedly carrying tons of valuables. Dylan laughed at how much credits he could make with all of this cargo, but suddenly he saw a strange glow coming from the corner. Dylan was drawn to the glow, he peeked around the corner and saw a Cryogenic pod. The ghostly blue light shown from inside the chamber, where he found… A woman in her late twenties frozen solid in the tank. She wore a red tunic overlaying a gray jumpsuit. Her burnet hair was caked in ice, frozen about as solid as the rest of her body. He looked at a small timer above the control panel.
264 Days - 13 Hours - 42 Minutes - 18 seconds is what it read. He whistled again in surprise. It was amazing how this woman had survived in a cryo-tank for almost a year, in an asteroid field of constantly shifting asteroids just prying to hit her ship, he assumed, into oblivion. The entire ship was a vacuum, he couldn’t risk, no, he’d be stupid to try and defrost her in this kind of environment.
He pressed a button on his gauntlet and keyed R9, “R9, I’ve found some cargo, and a cryo-pod. How are you coming with that R6 unit?”
“Bede-dobo… Wooo.”
“That much work huh? Would you have what you need to fix it up in the Raider?”
“Be-do.”
“Good, tow it to the hole in the ship we came in and I’ll me you there.”

He detached the Cryo-pod from the ground and lifted it effortlessly to the gapping hole in the ship he’d just explained earlier. He grabbed onto R9, who remarked how strange it was to see a cryo-pod anymore. Dylan pressed a button on his ship, which lowered a decompressed loading bay and placed the pod, R9, the R6 unit and himself, then pressed the same button. The lift took them inside the ship and pressurized the compartment. He walked around to the front of the pod, took off his helmet and opened the container. The immediate area filled with chilling air as the seals on the lid broke free, then a pair of needles connected to her shoulders filled with a brown liquid, after a moment of thawing normally, the liquid was rapidly injected into her body. Probably a adrenaline of some sort or another. Her skin turned from a pale white to a faint tan. Her eyes opened slowly as she came to. She looked around as though she had just woken up from a small nap.
“Where am I?” She asked shakily from the cold.
“You’re aboard my ship, The Wandering Raider.” Dylan answered.
“What happened?” She replied, less shaky this time.
Dylan shifted uneasily, “I don’t know exactly, but all I know is that you were in that pod you’re standing in for about a year.”
She felt the top of her forehead, trying to thaw out a headache of sorts it seemed, “A year? Where was I?”
“Inside a beat up YZ-900. Mind telling me what you were doing out here in Peragus?”
“…I-I don’t know. The only thing I remember is… A fight of some sort. My name, and my droid, R6.”
“… So what is your name?” Dylan asked after he waited for her to say it for herself.
“Oh, sorry. Lora Tanner. You don’t happen to know where my droid is do you?”
“This little guy right here?” He said, tapping the deactivated droid with his foot.
She walked out of the pod and planted her feet on the ground as her legs wiggled as they adjusted to use again. Once she had control, she knelt down next to the droid and tried to figure out what was wrong with it. She turned to R9 and said, “Can you fix my friend, little droid?”
R9 looked at Dylan, hoping to find an answer in his face. He just shrugged his shoulders in confusion, allowing R9 to make the decision.
“We-dobe-do.” R9 replied, then shot a tow-cable at R6 and dragged it to an adjacent cargo-hold where he could make repairs.

“You have a sweet droid… Um?” She asked curiously,
“Dylan. Dylan Vega.”

“Nice to me you.” She replied.
Dylan Vega
L.E.N.

Post Posted: Mon, May 10th 2010 11:10am    Post subject:

“It’s nice to meet you as well,” Dylan replied to Lora, “make yourself comfortable in one of the cabins. I‘ll come by and check on you when were clear of these asteroid.” Lora then nodded her head, she struggled as she tried to walk again, only to fall on the ground with a slight thud, Dylan quickly came to help her off the floor.
“Thank you,” said Lora as she went out of loading bay and into her room.
No, time to make a second trip to that ship. We‘ve got to go before an asteroid rips a hole through the ship. Without another word or thought about the ship, Dylan removed his environmental suit and went to the cockpit. As Dylan was flying through the asteroid field, Lora came to the cockpit and sat in the chair next to Dylan and said, “Thank you, for your assistance.”
“No need to thank me,” replied Dylan, “I didn‘t exactly go in there to defrost a person you know.”
Lora thought for a moment and replied, “My memory is still a bit vague, but wasn‘t my ship loaded with cargo?”
“Yes,” Dylan replied, “do you remember what was in those crates?”
“No, but we can go back and check if you want?” replied Lora,
Dylan shook his head and said, “I‘d rather not, I don‘t like to hang around asteroids for long. I‘m already above my limit. Besides an asteroid probably destroyed it by now.”
“Alright,” agreed Lora, then she shot back, “at least you saved me instead of my cargo from getting hit by an asteroid. And I‘m very thankful for that.”
With a confused face Dylan looked at Lora, then with a chuckle turned his attention back to the asteroid belt, and said, “Is that the third time you thanked since I met you?”
Lora chuckled at Dylan’s weak joke and asked, “So where are we going now?”
“Well, after we get out of this asteroid field, I‘ll drop you off on your homeworld and then-”
“Homeworld?” Lora asked, Dylan looked at Lora and said, “You don‘t remember your home-world?!?”
Dylan sighed, turned his attention back to the asteroid field again, Amnesia he thought, then after a long pause he said, “Then you’ll stick with me until we your memory comes back.”
Then R9-T1 came into and beeped the following, “De do, beep-beep, beep-oop.”
“Really, she’s fixed?!?” exclaimed Lora, “Beeeeeep?” beeped R9 probably thinking, Did she just say ‘she’? Is that even possible for a droid?

Note: I'm sorry this one is so short compared to the others. Any way I thank any one who has been following my charater's story and I'd like to tell you that I've got some impressive plot twist up for Dylan and company at the end. P.S. Dylan's going back to Telo IV now.
Dylan Vega
L.E.N.

Post Posted: Wed, May 26th 2010 06:09pm    Post subject:

Lora walked into the cockpit as Dylan flew the Wandering Raider off-world, she sat down in the chair next to him and said,
“That trandoshan you brought aboard the ship doesn‘t really like to socialize, right?”
“He‘s only staying for a little while,” Dylan replied, “He might know where Rerok is, so just ignore him for the time being.” Dylan laid back into his seat as the Wandering Raider entered hyperspace,
then with anticipation, Lora asked “Where are we going?”
“Nal Hutta,” Dylan replied tiredly, “Arelk thinks that Rerok might be hiding there.”
Dylan turned his head to Lora and tried starting a conversation by saying, “Has any of your memories come back?” Lora nodded her head as she answered, “Little bits, your droid, R9 says that my droid, R6 has some parts that no normal R6 unit has.”
Dylan leaned forward and said, “So… you can fix or um, upgrade machines?” Lora shrugged her shoulders when she replied, “Sounds like it.”
That would explain navigation lock on her ship. Dylan thought inside his head, who knows what kind of person he brought onto his ship, be it a smuggler or criminal. Dylan didn’t want to find out if it meant going back to her ship in the middle of the Peragus asteroid belt. Dylan shook his head as he got up and of his chair, “I‘m going to bed,” Dylan announced to Lora, and with a yawn left the cockpit and into his room.
Dylan Vega
L.E.N.

Post Posted: Mon, May 31st 2010 05:08pm    Post subject:

Written to Sun Kill Moon - Heron Blue

(Lora Tanner)

The Explosion made Lora fall flat on the hard floor, Arelk grabbed Lora’s arm and pulled her up harshly, “Get up!” Arelk exclaimed, “We‘ve got to get to the esscaped pods!” Lora ripped her arm out of Arelk hand as she replied, “What about Dylan?!?”
“He ssaid he‘ll make it.” Lora she shook her head as continued to follow Arelk, when they finally got into escape pod. Arelk yelled, “COME ON!” Suddenly a woman that Lora didn’t know of came running out of the corner of the hall trying to enter the escape pod, but another explosion occurred right in front of her and killed her. Lora was horrified as she looked at the dead woman on the floor, her beautiful red hair and her smooth skin being burned away by the leftover flames. Lora reached out her hand in hopes to help her, but Arelk pulled it back yelling, “It‘ss to latee!” Arelk quickly pressed a button on the wall to seal the door and launched the escape pod. Arelk and Lora looked at the Wandering Raider as it was fighting several Star Fighters, when suddenly the ship began to spin out of control, and eventually crashed into another fighter, destroying itself.

~~~<<<>>>~~~

“NOO-” Lora yelled, as she bumped her head on top of her bunk. Dylan quickly ran into the room and asked, “What‘s wrong?” Lora sighed in relief as she slumped back down into her bed, “Nothing… Nothing’s wrong, just a bad dream.”
Dylan chuckled, “Well, it‘s time to get up anyway. Were nearing Nal Hutta.” Lora up and out of bed as Dylan left the her room. But… Lora thought, …It was so real!

Tag: Powerslave Hey, let me know when you‘re going to be back in the game in the assessment room (The Wandering Raider)
Arelk Corrzk
Powerslave

Post Posted: Mon, May 31st 2010 08:31pm    Post subject:

"What took you ssso long..." Arelk hissed "I've sseen a Hutt move faster.." Dylan looked at Arelk "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Behind them the doors slid open, Arlek and Dylan looked at the opening door with glancing eyes. "Ah.. Why isssn't it Loraa, the little dreamer." Proclaimed Arelk sarcastically. "Hey, just because you didn't get any beauty sleep last night Arelk." Said Dylan jokingly, just to be looked at with a un-impressed expression from Arelk. "What can I sssay, sssleeping on a boxx really gives a T'doshok beauty sssleep." Dylan began to laugh, but stopped by a second of childish giggling from Lora, "Not that a species from Trandosha has beauty to begin with." Dylan and Arelk both looked at Lora, Dylan began to laugh, but Arelk just stood there quietly, looking at both Dylan and Lora. "Verry funny. I didn't realisse that humanss alsso were jokerss aswell as idiotss." Arelk walked out of the room in anger. "I'm going to get reaady, unlike you sstupid humanss jusst lounging around." Despite Arelk's storming out, Dylan and Lora just started laughing even harder.

Arelk began to pack his things away, to get ready for their next mission on Nal Hutta, until he was interrupted by a unexpected visitor, it was Lora, walking in, however this time her laughter was gone. "What's wrong Arelk?" Arelk just looked at her and smiled. "Nothingg to gett you worried overr." Lora grabbed Arelks arm. "Tell me." When she held Arelk's arm, he felt different, unlike anything he felt before, a uncertain feeling, not love, he already had known that feeling to much in the past, but this time he felt different, he felt as if there was something she wasn't telling him, a unknown story, one that she herself doesn't quite know. "You.. You are differentt to otherr Humansss, I feeel youu, and you aren't what you ssseem to beee." Lora looked at Arelk amazed, astounded even. "What do you mean.." Arelk looked at her as if she knew. "I don't know what you mean Arelk..." Arelk looked at her even more, but this time, Arelk looked away gently removing Lora's hand. "Doo nott worryy yoursselff." Lora looked at him rather stupidfied, as she walked away rubbing her palm.
 Back to top »
Dylan Vega
L.E.N.

Post Posted: Fri, June 18th 2010 03:57pm    Post subject:

Dylan sat down in the as he slid a glass of water to Lora across the table.
“So what do we do now?” said Lora.
“We wait for R9 to de-code the communicator I gave him.” Dylan replied as he took a swig from his drink.

“How long will that take?” Lora asked.

“Pretty long time, ” Dylan replied, “so you might as well get comfort-” Suddenly a beeping again noise came from the cockpit of the Wandering Raider, “So much for that.” Dylan joked as he got out of his chair and ran into the cockpit pit.

He got there and a holographic woman was inside his cockpit as he listened to her speak:

“Bo shuda,” she began with the customary Huttese greeting. “Recently, Banking Clan security protocols were compromised, as a criminal broke into a secure vault on Muunilinst and escaped with a portion of the funds stored there.”

“Obviously, this issue represents a concern for us, and we cannot allow such a crime to go unpunished.

“You should have received a detailed profile of the mastermind behind this theft. You may recognize her. Her name is Arel Terex, and she fancies herself as a sort of princess of thieves.”

“It is your job to put an end to her delusive notions. You have been selected for your distinguished history, and I hope that you maintain your record.

“My own agents have tracked Ms. Terex to the ancient mausoleum world of Korriban. You are tasked with locating and retrieving her from the planet…no disintegrations. Once your primary objective is accomplished, you will bring her to High Port, to face the proper authorities of justice.

“Be warned: were this an easy mission, I would have no need of you. Korriban is notorious for various spacer legends and ghost stories. Travelers and explorers are known to have landed on the surface, and never returned. Those who have made it off the planet alive have reported dangerous predators…and worse. Attached to the information about Ms. Terex is a compilation of maps of the ancient capital of Dreshdae and the Valley of the Tombs, dating as far back as a Commerce Guild expedition during the Clone Wars, to as recent as the Imperial presence thirty years ago. Use them to your advantage, but be wary of overly relying on them.

“If you are successful in your hunt, and Ms. Terex is returned to High Port, alive, you will be rewarded with the handsome sum of 3.2 million Galactic Union credits.

“That is all. Good luck…and happy hunting.”

Sounds like the bounty of a life time. Dylan enthusiastically thought as he ran back into the lobby to yell, “Buckle up, were getting off of this rock.” Dylan ran back into the cockpit as Lora ran close behind him, as Dylan began starting the Wandering Raider Lora asked, “What‘s going on?”
“New Bounty,” Dylan replied, “we‘ll catch up with Rerok later, but for right now were going to Korribon.”
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » YT-2000 - The Wandering Raider
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: