Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Korriban
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Korriban
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lumiya
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, April 11th 2010 04:14am    Post subject: Korriban

Korriban

Class: Terrestrial

Atmosphere: Breathable

Climate: Cold and dry

Primary terrain:
- Mountains
- Canyons
- Dry riverbeds
- Tombs
- Ruins

Points of interest:
- Valley of the Dark Lords
- Eternal Pyre
- Valley of Golg
- Sith Academy
- Shyrack cave
- Ludo Kressh's tomb
 Back to top »
Lumiya
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, April 11th 2010 04:46am    Post subject:

The dry wasteland of Korriban rested below me, my fingers grasping above the pieces of rock, as I hoisted my body a foot closer to the summit. I was absent from the Force, unable to rely on it to steady my mind, in my climb to the tallest peak of Korriban's mountains. Determination fueled my endurance. Buzzards hovered over my head, waiting for a blunder that would send me to death and spill open a feast. I had spent days climbing this wild pillar, overlooking the Sith's ancient homeworld. My left hand went upwards and scraped against a sharp corner, blood oozing through the middle of my fingers, and down my arm.

I screamed in agony, sending the buzzards into a frenzy of excitement. I screamed, using all the anger, all the rage in my body to thrust my foot to the next ledge. I breathed erratically,moving fiercely... I thought of the darkest moments in my life, I brought them to my lips as I shouted. The rage, burned through me as I climbed. My mechanical hand touched the top , my arms lifting me to the summit.

I looked over my triumph. The planet of Korriban beneath me, the tombs of the ancient sith lords looming like flies of a corpse. Small, insignificant. This is what they wanted me to experience, she marvelled in the beauty of the wasteland. Thousands of years and pupils had passed. It was her time.

My blood spilt onto the summit, dripping down the edge of the cliff. A buzzard dared to come too close to me. I flicked my lightwhip across its beak, sending it into a violent plummet. Its companions squawked both in fear and excitement, diving after their comrade's falling body... ripping it into pieces before it would even hit the ground.

"I am the Dark Lady," I said aloud, to no ears, but those of the ancient spirits. I will avenge what the galaxy had lost. I had achieved what the Masters of the Dark Side had done before me. Decades I had studied under their tutelage. Yet, I am only an echo of their greatness. My broken body, the mechanical amendments had taken away my greatest potential. I would never feel the force of lightning course through the tips of my fingers and into the souls of my enemies.

I screamed again. Time had ravaged away my beauty, it had taken away my youth. I let my throat beg for mercy, as I screamed on the highest peak of Korriban. I screamed for the memories of Skywalker, and the passing of the living Dark Lords. I wanted revenge, I wanted peace. I wanted to express and dominate.

A small spec gleamed in the distance, yet quickly rising in size. The gleam of the shuttle had reflected the sunlight. I traced footsteps, not made by any from within thousand years. Names of Sith Lords of great resided here, and I would write my name among them. My fingers traced the letters of their inscription, I felt the power and the struggle. I felt the victory and triumphant. The Dark Side fuelled my veins, it pulsed new life into my body, and in my blood, I wrote: "I am Dark Lady Lumiya, Last of the Sith Order."
 Back to top »
Lumiya
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, June 03rd 2010 08:22pm    Post subject:

Korriban no longer suited my purpose. I had learned everything I could, with the teachings of the ancients, I would set my sights on taking revenge on the galaxy. The Imperial Remnant had grown soft and inadequate to purge the Rebellion from existence. I would have to reassert myself, but first, Skywalker and the Solos. Their blood was key to victory, I had foreseen it. I boarded a starfighter, I had never truly enjoyed being ferried around. Nothing could beat the raw power and speed of a perfectly tuned engine. The starfighter fired up, my hands taking the fighter into the atmosphere, the mountain's climb, which had taken me nearly three days to complete, passed within a mere minute. I took one last look at the peak, before accelerating into the black void of space. Inputting the coordinates, I set course for the Core.

The starfighter was refreshing, and brought back memories of the short period I had served inside the Rebellion. I had served it well, receiving a medal of honor from the Princess of the Vanquished Alderaan. She had wed Han Solo, a nameless smuggler, who rose as a champion of heroes. He'd bring about the destruction of the Death Stars, both Yavin and Endor's upgraded version. He was a lucky man, wielding the fate of the galaxy, like it were some kind of dirty cantina sabaac table. Luke Skywalker was another problem. He had built up and supplied a new Jedi Order, with vast number of pupils. But even the grand personality of a Skywalker, couldn't hold the title of Grand Master for long. My spies had provided spectacular news. Splinters were forming in the ranks, voices were becoming bold and different. It would only be a matter of time, before the new Order fell, and I would be there, picking them off one by one.

I closed my eyes, envisioning the galaxy restored to a time where the True Emperor reigned, and Lord Vader governed by fear. He was my master, and forever, did he rest in my soul. He was a different Skywalker, putting the current legends next to bantha manure. I closed my eyes, the starfighter vibrated just slightly, before the blue realm of hyperspace overtook me. It was beautiful, the speed of transit. It felt peaceful here. A state between where you were and where you will arrive.

"Lumiya, remember your destiny.." Korriban spoke to me, and I listened. I felt the darkness seep to the bones of my body. I would heed their call, and carry out the destiny that was laid out to me.

I would restore the galaxy to order from the clutches of chaotic diplomacy and democratic-bureaucracy, and provide retribution to the traitors of the Imperial Decree. The dogs had died of an accident, and those left, would flinch forever in my wake... But for now, I needed to eliminate those who had stalled and changed the Empire into the fragment that it had become. The Solos would feel the hot lash of my lightwhip...
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, June 17th 2010 02:49pm    Post subject:

(Continued from Here.)

Through the upper atmosphere, a large metal object – a ship - flew downwards towards a planet that few had a reason to visit. Once it was well into the atmosphere, it pulled up and began to fly along a more level flightpath.

”Just look at it, would you? The great Sith hole of the galaxy.”
”It doesn’t look that bad. Creepy and desolate, maybe, but…oh, wait, that was a joke, wasn’t it?”
”Give the man a prize.”
”Heh.” Morgan said as he chuckled to himself. ”Good one.”
“What?” Norrteth asked from the pilot seat.
”Sithhole.”

The gand gave no reaction. Either he didn’t get the joke, or he just didn’t care.

“You said the signal came form this area of the planet?”
”Yep. If there’s anything worth finding down there, we shouldn’t have to fly that far to find it.”

He gave the scanner another look, and to no surprise, the signal got stronger as they moved forward.

”Yep, I think it’s straight up ahead. You might even want to start taking us down.”
“Will do. You remember the plan?” Norrteth shouted after him.
”Of course. Find the ship, rig it up. Flush out Arel Terex and chase her back to her ship. If there are any other hunters, keep her safe and anyone else from capturing her till she reaches her destination, at which point we break her ship. You ambush her, we take her alive, go to Muunilinst and collect our payday.”
“Well done.”
”Don’t act so surprised.” Morgan said with a mild mocking tone. ”Ok, we got something really strong now. Definitely a ship of some kind.”

(I figured that since this is part of the Bounty Hunter Plot, it would work better to set it in the Korriban thread rather than the thread for the Shape. Also, I’ve left it undefined as to just what ship it is they’re detecting, so if one of you want to say it’s your ship these guys are detecting, feel free to go ahead and do that.)
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Thu, June 17th 2010 06:08pm    Post subject:

Cool, I was wondering how to introduce my characters.

A single blaster shot rang out in the cockpit of the light freighter. The tattooed human male at the controls slumped over the console, smoke rising from the charred crater between his shoulder blades as Xerros stepped forward and holstered his blaster. "Thanks for the ride, aruetii." He heard boots ringing on the ladder behind him and turned to see Lyra drop down into the cockpit, her sand-gold armor glinting from the sunlight that was shining through the canopy.

She glanced at the corpse occupying the pilot's seat, and even with her helmet on Xerros could detect her disgust. "You're making a habit of leaving bodies everywhere," she said pointedly. "Makes you look sloppy."

"Art is rarely meticulous," he shot back. She was obviously still grating about Fargut's death. His talk with her after they had fled Coruscant hadn't improved her spirits much. Hell, she had outright accused him of throwing their comrade's life away. Fargut died proud, Xerros had insisted. In the end, that's all he would have wanted. That had been two days ago, and it was clear she hadn't let it go.

"So where's this shabla chakaar we're supposed to snatch?" Lyra asked, changing the subject. "I didn't agree to this trip for the sights."

Xerros tapped his gauntlet, bringing up a small holomap of the canyon surrounding their landing site. Several caves appeared in red, their tunnels snaking down below the surface of the planet to join together into a labyrinth of catacombs. "Best guess," Xerros said, "she's somewhere in there."

"Osik," Lyra murmured, her anger forgotten as she stared at the holographic web of stone. "And how are we supposed to find her?"

The console beeped behind Xerros, drawing his attention back towards his handiwork. A quick shove sent the body of their former employee out of the chair, revealing that the sensors were picking up something-or someone-approaching their landing site.

"We've got company," he said.

Tag: Space Jawa, DJ, Mr. Blonde, Jase Whoever wants to meet the Mando double act, feel free.

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
"Who say what now?" - Space Jawa
"...Remind me again why I don't set you all on fire?" :P - Moff
 Back to top »
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde

Post Posted: Thu, June 17th 2010 07:08pm    Post subject:

The Bloodhound skimmed over the surface of Korriban, not bothering to mask its presence. . Mr' Blonde knew there were others here, so it was important to get to the target first. Of course, if the other presences came, the Dogs were looking forward to dealing with them."It looks like we'll need to search that canyon ahead.", he said to the other Dogs. The ship set down and Blonde was the first out, a specially designed bowcaster in hand. After the others were off, he set the ship flying to another landing zone with a remote device.

"Alright, Pink, you've got the rear. Brown and White, cover our flanks. We're going to take this nice and easy. Search for the origins of Terex's signal and nab her. If other hunters or anything else shows up, we take it out."[/i]

The Dogs have landed at the opposite end of the canyon from Xerros and Lyra

"You gonna bark all day, little doggy? Or are you gonna bite?"
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, June 18th 2010 03:41am    Post subject:

”Scratch that.” Morgan said as the scanner’s activity intensified. ”Counting multiple ships. Four at least, possibly more.”
”Seems we have competition after all.”
”And here I was almost looking forward to things being easy.” Morgan replied sarcastically.”
“There’s one now.” Norrteth said as he pointed out the front viewport.

Below them and across their flight path, a Corillian craft of an older YT persuasion flew on ahead.

”Ooo! Perfect target!”
”What do you say? Should we shoot it down?”
“Probably not.” The Gand said. “Doesn’t match the description of Terex’s ship, and based on the flight pattern, Norrteth would guess it’s being flown remotely. All shooting at it would do is tick off the owner. Not something that’s needed right now.”
”Yeah, good point.”
“The ship has been marked, though, so it can be eliminated from the list of mystery ships.”
”Alright. Though I should probably get down there before the fun begins. Let me know if you find the vessel, and I’ll be sure to let you know if I need air support.”

The two hunters gave each other mock salutes as Morgan stood out of his seat and headed for the rear sections of the ship. He was already in his suit, and was quickly able to attach his pack, load up his weapons, and grab his helmet before he moved to the airlock.

“One of these days, we really ought to trade places.” Morgan shouted to Norrteth, and put his helmet on.
”In other words, hold back the one with all the fancy equipment?” He heard the Gand’s voice say over his helmet comm.
”I could make you your own set of fancy equipment, you know. I’m kind of got a talent for that sort of thing.”
”No, I have a talent for that sort of thing. You’re just the hardware that puts it together.”
”Yeah, I’m also the only means you have to get around. You know what they say about biting the hand.”
Make sure it’s dead first? Or that it’s tasty enough to be worth it?
”You are just hopeless sometimes, you know that?”

Morgan walked past the inner airlock door and heard it close behind him, leaving him temporarily in the very thin and normally unneeded space between the outer and inner airlock. Turning around, he let his body lean up against the outer airlock door.

Norrteth will keep scanning for the target ship, let you know if it’s found, and if necessary, rig the ship as well. Keep in contact, and good hunting.”

Morgan could feel the Shape as it flew lower to the ground and tilted so that the hunter’s back was facing the surface of the planet. Then, when Norr’ had reached a low enough altitude that Morgan could safely catch himself with his repulsor system, he felt the outer airlock door open behind him and gravity take hold.

”WAAAAAAAA-HOO!” he couldn’t help but exclaim as he went into freefall, flipping around to face the direction he was going. It was an exhilarating experience, to say the least, but he had little time to enjoy it.
”ZIM, give me the maps.”

Along a portion of his helmet, a display popped up providing a basic image of the surrounding area. With it to guide him, he aimed himself in the direction of the closest entrance to the underground labyrinth and started up his lift system. Chances were, the individual he was looking for had hidden underground. His best landing point, then, would be right outside the entrances, giving him the quickest possible entry and the least amount of time exposed to the surrounding area.

”Entering with style in 3, 2, 1…”

Morgan is landing near one of the cave entrances, while Norrteth is flying the Shape around up overhead.
Mr. Brown
Mr. Brown

Post Posted: Fri, June 18th 2010 04:01am    Post subject:

”Looks like some of them may do the job themselves.” Mr. Brown thought to himself as he caught sight of someone dropping out the side of a Skipray Blastboat. Pointing upward for visual confirmation, he gave the rest of the team a quick, light, force-powered heads up.

While he pointed his blaster rifle in the direction of the hunter, he held his fire. He doubted very much he would be able to hit him from their distance, and trying to do so but failing would only alert the hunter to their prescience, and that would do more harm than good.

Besides, he wasn’t exactly accustomed to the weapon either. He would have preferred to just been primarily armed with his blaster pistols and the vibrosword on his back, but that wasn’t something that had been found as acceptable.

”Perhaps I spoke too soon.” he considered again as he noticed the man starting to fall slower just before he fell out of sight. He should have known no one who had gotten the call to come here would be so stupid as to be suicidal, at least not so quickly.
 Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, June 18th 2010 09:54am    Post subject:

Xerros typed a few quick commands into the control console in the freighter's cockpit, inputting the failsafe he'd programmed behind their pilot's back. Lyra slapped a fresh magazine into her long-barreled slugthrower, ratcheting back the lever on the side to arm the weapon. When Xerros was done, he checked the charges on both of his blaster pistols: full.

They were ready.

He threw the brown cape that was attached to his armor over his shoulder, out the way of his holsters and jetpack nozzels. "Let's go."

Lyra followed him out of the cockpit, sliding down the ladder to land at the bottom of the shaft in the cargo bay. A quick tap of the controls opened the aft ramp, and before it was closed Lyra soared into the sky on her jetpack. She would find a suitable position to watch over thie end of the canyon before their unknown visitors rounded the next bend. Until then, all Xerros had to do was wait for his company to arrive.

He stood at the foot of the ramp and hooked his thumbs in his belt, watching the orange sun rise over the edge of the canyon.

Tag: Space Jawa, Mr. Blonde, L.E.N., DJ, Jase Xerros is waiting for whoever's coming in the middle of the canyon, Lyra is hiding on a ridge somewhere as backup.

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Ms. White
Ms. White

Post Posted: Sat, June 19th 2010 03:25pm    Post subject:

"Alright, Pink, you've got the rear. Brown and White, cover our flanks. We're going to take this nice and easy. Search for the origins of Terex's signal and nab her. If other hunters or anything else shows up, we take it out." Mr. Blonde told her. It was time to pull out her baby. A partially modified Verpine Sniper Rifle. She didn’t get to us it often, so today had to be close to her birthday or something. It wasn’t very long before Mr. Brown pointed out another hunter. She quickly, in motion with Mr. Browns hand, raised her rifle, zooming in with the scope to get a better look. If she had gotten a faster heads-up, she might have managed to do something, but the man disappeared before she could get a shot of.

"Damn." She said, thinking for a second. "At least this won’t be a boring drop and grab like usual, right, Mr. Blonde." She said with a smile. The last mission was boring, being up against other hunters would add some spice to this one.

"What was that? I'm sorry, I didn't catch it. Would you repeat it?"
 Back to top »
Mr. Pink
Mr. Pink

Post Posted: Mon, June 21st 2010 12:40pm    Post subject:

Pink kept up pace with the others, his back to the rest of them, keeping an eye on all the places he figured someone would be able to approach them from. Not that he really needed to with his force awareness. He'd sense anyone coming from about a mile off, but on the off chance that he didn't, he wanted to be prepared.

He felt Brown's nudge in the force and turned to look at the direction he indicated, before losing interest and turning back to his designated area. This place felt ominous, and dark. He had never stepped foot on a world that felt so filled with malice and hatred. Not that he was any stranger to either, but in this concentration, it felt uncomfortable.

Turning to look at Mr. Blonde, he said, "Are we gonna get moving, or just stand here admiring the scenery all day?"

He was eager to get on with the mission, and take their objective.
 Back to top »
Dylan Vega
L.E.N.

Post Posted: Mon, June 21st 2010 06:38pm    Post subject:

The Wandering Raider approached Korriban as it jumped out of Hyperspace.
Dylan had been here once before with Javilen Tsai early on in their adventures together, they were going after an insane serial killer named, [insert name] who had killed eight people in the streets for no reason. Dylan was too blindsided by Kayta’s offer to remembered the uneasy feeling he had while walking on Korriban’s surface, he didn’t like it at all. But Dylan was determined to capture Arel Terex and collect the bounty on her head.
“What is this place?” Lora said as she stared at the barren planet.
“Korriban, said to be the homeworld of the sith.”
Dylan paused for a moment expecting Lora to ask another one of her obvious questions, but didn’t hear her say anything. She seemed more uneasy about Korriban than Dylan was, she shrugged her shoulders as she went to prepare their weapons.

Dylan wished Arelk hadn’t disappeared on Nal Hutta. Loosing sight of the trandoshan was a blow to Dylan, promising the security guards on Telos he’d keep an eye on him. Either way, he could have used Arelk for this bounty.

Sorry it took me so long to post this, I went paintballing with my brother.:)
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Mon, June 21st 2010 08:34pm    Post subject:

Is anyone going to make a move? Xerros is standing in the canyon near the entrance to the caves, waiting for a confrontation...

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Katya Tranchida
Gorog

Post Posted: Mon, June 21st 2010 09:22pm    Post subject:

And where is DJ? We're missing us some Boba.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 02:15am    Post subject:

Morgan was unable to stay put as he came to the ground. As soon as his feet touched down, a couple of blaster shots hit the ground far too near him for comfort. He jumped away from them to behind a large rock, and soon wished he’d gone the other way since previously, he would have been able to make it into the cave easily. Now, there was a little extra space he’d have to cover.

”Should have thought that one out better.”
”It’s called instinct. Generally, you don’t run into the path of weapons fire.”

He peeked out from behind his cover and quickly found himself ducking down again as another pair of shots were fired at him.

”What do you think, can I make that?” he said, contemplating throwing a grenade at the hidden attacker.
”I don’t know. It’s a little far considering your current record.”
”Yeah, didn’t think so.”

Deciding it would be better to take a more certain route, he went for the grenade launcher mounted on his pack and armed it. Peeking behind cover again to fire, he heard something land on the ground near him and looked to see what it was.

”Ah sith…”

Not surprisingly, the individual had thrown a grenade at him, which had landed near the entrance to the cave. He abandoned his plans to return heavy fire and instead moved like his pants were on fire for the next large rock over. The explosion was felt behind him, and when he turned around, he saw that while he was safe, his initial entrance point was no longer accessible. The grenade had caused a minor collapse, and while it wasn’t entirely closed off, it was too small an entrance for him to get through quick enough that he wouldn’t get shot in the process. On his HUD, the indicator for the entrance turned orange as ZIM marked it as a lousy place to try to go in.

”How far is the next one?”
”Further than I like.”
”Yeah, I figured as much.”
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 04:08am    Post subject:

There, now behave yourself Cheapy :P

"That's enough," Mr. Blonde said, rebuking the other Dogs. "He's too far now to kill. We'll deal with it as it comes. We still have our first priority." Leading them along, Mr. Blonde wasn't too fond of the surroundings. The entire planets felt dark and deadly. The sensitivity to the Force that he had only heightened that feeling, making the entire planet feel unwelcome.

They were about round a ridge when he signaled for them to stop. He could feel a presence nearby. Someone was near that felt confident and sure of themselves, someone that was also ready to kill to prove it Something also felt very wrong... there was trap written all over this.

"Ms. White, stay back and cover. Brown, Pink, on me, we have company." With that, Blonde slowly went around the bend, bowcaster raised as he spied a Skipray Blastboat and a Mandalorian standing at the bottom of the ramp, about 100 meters from them. "Looks like our employer wanted to cover bases on Terex, yeah?", Mr Blonde shouted to the mando, bowcaster still aimed for ood measure.
g

Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 10:15am    Post subject:

Xerros crossed his arms as the armored soldier leaned around the corner, a bowcaster in hand. His armor resembled stormtrooper gear, with a few aftermarket modifications. "You shouldn't be surprised," he responded, lowering his arms and allowing his hands to dangle near his blasters. "Moffs aren't well known for trust or faith. I'm actually surprised there aren't any others."

He kicked a chunk of dusty rock with his boot, raising a small cloud. "So how is this going to go down?" he asked. "I doubt you'll lower your weapons and leave after trying to blow that poor di'kut in half, and I have no intention of letting you claim Arel." He waited to see what there response would be, ready to signal Lyra if things became hairy. Inside his helmet he opened up his holomap and marked the nearest cave entrance in green, preparing to make a dash for the opening if he needed to find some cover. he sent the data to Lyra as well, to ensure that she would be the with him as they entered the catacombs.

Tag: Mr. Blonde, Space Jawa, L.E.N., Jase

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Boba Fett
Dj

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 10:38am    Post subject:

Sorry about my absence, will be posting later tonight.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 05:25pm    Post subject:

Peeking out from behind cover again, he saw that there were now a number of hunters somewhat visible closer to his elevation, though there were too many for him to pick them off from where he was, but to get to his next entrance point, he would need to move out to where they could see him.

”Time to call in the artillery.” he thought, activating his helmet comm. ”Yo bugeyes.”
”You do remember that Norrteth is carrying several high-powered weapons around, correct?”
”Wouldn’t have called you if I didn’t. You found that ship yet?”
”Negative.”
”Then would you mind breaking off from there for a moment to provide some assistance? I’ve got a number of hunters standing between me and my best point of entrance. If you come near my position, you can’t miss ‘em. If you could drop some lasers around them and make ‘em scatter, that would be great.”
”On the way.”
”Thank you.”
”And try not to hit us.”
”Oh, come on, he’s a better pilot than that.”

Putting his grenade launcher away, he pulled out a blaster pistol and waited for the Shape to arrive. Soon enough, he could hear the ship approaching, and it was soon followed by the sound of the Blastboats’ weapons opening fire.
Ms. White
Ms. White

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 07:39pm    Post subject:

"That's enough," Mr. Blonde said, "He's too far now to kill. We'll deal with it as it comes. We still have our first priority." Ms. White only managed a sigh as they continued on. She noticed something seemed to be bothering Mr. Blonde, this planet seemed to make him uneasy. Maybe she was not as attuned to the force as him, but she kinda liked this planet. In some odd way it reminded her off her home planet, just not as hot. Suddenly though, Mr. Blonde gave the signal to stop. "Ms. White, stay back and cover. Brown, Pink, on me, we have company."

Ms. White moved quickly, looking around for a better view point as she began to climb as fast as she could muster, until she got to a point where she could see the Mandolarian. She then began surveying through her scope for anyone else that might pop up and surprise them.

"What was that? I'm sorry, I didn't catch it. Would you repeat it?"
 Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 08:31pm    Post subject:

His only warning came rom Lyra. "Ad'ike, incoming!"

Xerros threw himself to the left, firing his jetpack and taking to the sky as he scanned for threats. When he heard the roar of thrusters overhead, he glanced up to see a Skipray come screaming into the canyon, its laser cannons firing. The bolts stitched a line of fire between Xerros and the new arrivals, who scattered under the barrage to regroup. "Lyra, covering fire!" he bellowed as he drew his blaster pistols and opened up on the edge of the bend wher the group of hunters were taking cover.

There was a sharp crack as Lyra fired her anti-materiel rifle, and a chunk of rock in front of the mercs shattered. "I've got them pinned," she said over his helmet comlink. "Nail that blastboat before it makes another run and spots me!"

"Count on it." Xerros watched as the gunship came around for another attack run. He shifted his fire from the mercenary team to the blastboat, trying to draw its attention as he soared across the canyon, skimming its wall. Sure enough, the pilot decided to focus his attention on him, blowing craters into the wall behind Xerros. He fired a trio of mini-missiles at the ship and cut power to his jetpack at the same time, narrowly avoiding a pair of laser cannon bolts that blasted apart the rock face behind him and pelting him with white-hot shrapnel. His armor plates pinged as the debris rained down on him, and just as he activated his jetpack again he saw the missiles impact their target.

The blastboat took a pair of the projectiles in its belly, damaging the armor and drawing smoke from somewhere inside. The third slammed into the wall above it, sending a small rain of rocks down on its canopy and forcing the pilot to pull the nose up to escape the storm. The ship pulled into the sky, still trailing smoke.

Below him, Lyra fired again and blew another fist-sized piece of rock out of the merc's cover. "I'm moving," she reported. "You'll be without support for a few seconds."

"Copy that."

Tag: Jase, Space Jawa, Mr. Blonde, L.E.N., DJ I only damaged the Skipray to knock it out of the fight, it's nothing major.

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 09:26pm    Post subject:

Whoops, not my cue yet :oops:

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 09:38pm    Post subject:

Huh?

The Skipray came into view fast and Mr. Blonde didn't waste time. "Cover, now!", he shouted to Brown and Pink. They dove for a grouping of rocks and made it in before the ship could hit tem. Meanwhile, the Mandalorian began firing on them briefly, before a loud rifle report heralded a chunk of rock being blown off near them. "Damn it, I had a feeling he wasn't alone!"

Engaging his comm, Mr. Blonde set the bowcaster to the five round spread mode. "Ms. White! Get to cover before the ship sees you! And if you can spot that other shooter, even better! Brown, Pink! Keep your eyes peeled for our friend from earlier!"
Sensing the Mandalorians presence in the Force, Mr. Blonde blindfired a five-round spread in his direction. Hopefully, it would ease some of the pressure.

Back to top »
Dylan Vega
L.E.N.

Post Posted: Wed, June 23rd 2010 11:17am    Post subject:

The small lizards scurried about on the rocks as Dylan Vega landed the Wandering Raider on a hill close by. Dylan got up and out of his chair to prepare for the mission in the armory. Dylan sighed as he entered the armory and saw Lora. She was preparing for the mission by grabbing Dylan’s sniper rifle and loading it with ammo. Dylan realized Korriban was too dangerous for Lora considering that she barely knew who she was. Dylan walked up to Lora and looking down at his feet he said, “I need you to stay with the ship again.” Lora tilted her head as she asked, “Why? I could help.” Shaking his head, Dylan replied, “I know you could, but Korriban isn‘t a place you or anybody should stay on for too long.” Dylan soflty took the sniper rifle from Lora’s hand and unloading the assault rifle ammo she just put in, he continued, “I would feel more comfortable if you stayed here in the ship.” Nodding her head, Lora said, “Okay, I‘ll keep a channel open. Check in often.” Lora walked past Dylan, trying not to look at him as she left the armory and into her room. She‘ll thank me later. Dylan thought as he reached over to num-pad on the wall and entered, 3-5-5-2-8-3-4-8,Ella Vega. Suddenly, two doors slid open revealing Javilen Tsai’s armor of which is more of a environmental suit than a combat suit.
Javilen designed this suit to allow the wearer to walk around in over 500 degrees without breaking a sweat, -300 degrees without getting frost-bite, and it has a air tank allowing the wearier to swim, or survive in a non-oxygen environment for up to thirty minutes. However, the suit’s armor gave the wearier little protection from blaster fire and it’s shields couldn’t last more then 45 seconds.
Dylan is still looking for ways to improve the suit just as Javilen did before him, the shields were actually Dylan’s application to the armor and he hopes to add a jetpack and more armor.

*Ten minutes later*

Dylan opened the cargo bay door and looked upon the open valley before him as the bright orange sun shined the land over the hills. His armor glistening in the sunlight as he stepped off into the barren desert. Dylan looked through the sights on his sniper rifle and noticed smoke coming from a nearby canyon, he took that as good place to start as any to find Terex. Dylan ran back into the loading dock, untied his old speeding bike that was hanging on the wall. Then tried to start the speeder’s engine, “Come on.” Dylan repeated as he revved the engine. “Yes!” Dylan yelled as the old speeder bike’s started up. Dylan walked the speeder off of the loading ramp, hopped on top of it, and went for where the smoke was coming from.
Dylan is heading for Xerros now. I hope that I didn't take too long
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, June 23rd 2010 01:51pm    Post subject:

Aware that the ship was coming, Morgan was ready to move when the bolts moved past his position. Leaving his cover, he ran along the ridge and leapt over the side as he reached the point across from his entrance. Sliding down the rocky surface, he went half-way to the next level down and activated his repulstor lifts. His feet gave him the momentum he needed to make it across to the other side, and he landed with a roll right outside the cave entrance. Not wanting to be a prime target, he stepped inside to just out of sight from the hunters who were still busy with each other.

”Morgan, the Shape took a serious hit to the bottom end. There’s something in the atmosphere interfering with the shields. Norrteth will be unable to lend any more air support.
”Alright. I’ve made it to the cave, so there’s not much more you could do up there anyway. Just make sure that ship won’t turn into our coffin when I get back.”

Switching to night-vision, Morgan put away his pistol, grabbed the rifle on his back, and moved into the cave as swiftly as he felt was safe. For a moment, he considered leaving an explosive charge behind to keep them from following, but decided against it on the grounds he didn't want to risk trapping himself in a potential dead end.

”So how long you think they’ll keep fighting each other out there before they realize we’ve pulled ahead?”
”I don’t know, but I’ll take every minute I can get.”
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Korriban
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: