Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Jedi Temple
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » Jedi Temple
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, June 29th 2010 11:36am    Post subject:

Badim sat in the cargo hold with Clare. She was numb, but feeling well enough to stand on her feet with a little help. He wondered how the crew could have gotten into so much trouble this quickly. Guess trouble follows quickly for these guys. He didn’t see Dex, Kyp, Clare or himself on the bounty, thankfully. Clare shook off the numbness and planted her feet on the durasteel floor wobbly, her arms flailing as she caught her balance. She finally gained it back, smirking and commenting, “That was a close one.”

“Don’t thank me,” Badim said, peering up at the ceiling, “It was all SAMM.”

He expected him to comment, but he must have been busy flying to, getting permission to landing from and docking at The Jedi Temple. Wrapping his arm around her, he guided Clare back to the gangplank as The Leaper landed and it’s boarding ramp lowered. He didn’t see anyone he knew, just a few scattered Jedi throughout the hanger. Clare strengthened and was walking on her own now, still possibly feeling a numb feeling here and there. A Jedi Master walked up to the two, greeting them to the Temple and giving them directions to the guest accommodation.

“Where can I find, Master Kyp Durron, Padawan Lucas Davad or anyone else who’s their guests?”

“Padawan Lucas is in the mess hall and Master Kyp Durron just passed Security Checkpoint 38-B2.”

Badim had no idea where that checkpoint was, meeting up with Lucas might be something of a start. The Master pointed to the directions of both, and thankfully they were on the same level of the Temple as the mess hall Lucas was residing in at the moment. Clare and Badim thanked the Master and paced towards the exit. Taking a right and heading for Lucas.

After a brisk walk through the large Temple, they made it to Lucas. They spotted two empty seats at the table he was sitting at with… Master Anakin Solo? It was certainly a surprise, seeing one of the famed Solos in the Galaxy.

“Lucas,” Badim said as he took a seat next to him, “Who knew you’d have a bounty on your head, and that a bounty hunter would come onboard and threaten us?” he smirked, stretching his arms as he remembered something, “Oh, Damian says Hi.”

Tag: Alex
The Blight Leaper First Previous Next Latest

Dex Fashiir
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, June 29th 2010 12:27pm    Post subject:

Dex almost choked on his food. "They came after you?" He asked Badim, incredulous. "You're not even on the bounty..."

Badim looked at him. "yeah, but the ship is. Its tagged as Tseneca's. Speaking of which..." Badim looked around, expecting to see the Blight Leapers captain, who wasn't present.

"She's... unwell." Lucas said, setting his jaw. Dex noted that he was obviously still gruging about Tseneca's behavior.

"She came in drunk early this morning". Dex explained. "Firi's sitting with her."

Badim exchanged looks with Clare, concerned. "Is she alright?"

"She'll be fine." Lucas snapped. "Tell me about the bounty hunter you encountered."

Dex looked up though, as suddenly, Firi glided in, holding a sleepy Tseneca by the arm. Firi still wore the travel worn clothing she had the night before, but Tseneca donned the homespun tunic and leggings of an infirment. The older woman had dark circles beneath her eyes and her short hair had been combed hurriedly. It seemed to Dex that there was more happening then what they'd orignally thought.

Anakin pointedly made room between he and his apprentice for Tseneca to sit down. A move which made Lucas set his jaw again. Firi came to sit next to Dex, even as the room became sullen and quiet.

"Please," Tseneca joked with a strained, soft voice. "Don't stop on my account."

"We weren't" Lucas growled.

Dex saw Tseneca look at him and then avert her eyes as if embarrassed.

"How's the hangover?" Dex took a moment to ask, genially.

"Hangover?" Tseneca looked surprised.

"Hangover?" Firi looked at Dex. "Tseneca wasn't drunk Dex, she was poisoned."
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, June 29th 2010 02:00pm    Post subject:

Poisoned? Clare thought as she wondered at how dangerous this situation was. Everyone seemed to be after them now. At least no bounty hunter would be stupid enough to jump straight into the Jedi Temple to try and get the promised credits that was offered for their capture. The room fell silent, Lucas dipping his head slightly. Possibly feeling sorry for being bitter towards Tseneca, not knowing the gravity of the situation. But it could have been Badim’s remark on his brother, Damian.

“Well,” she spoke aloud, breaking the silence that had fallen on them, “That’s frakking perfect.”

“Yeah, right.” Dex agreed, calming down with everyone else, seeing Tseneca fine, more or less now, “So where did you two go off too? We were worried something happened to you.” Dex directed, trying to shift to a possibly lighter subject than poisoning, assassination attempts and the likes that had just fallen on Tseneca, Lucas, Kyp and Firi.

Clare traded looks with Badim, smiling at him. He’d finally learned about his legacy and lineage, one being a mystery that alluded him for so long.
Anesho here,” she said, placing a hand firmly on Badim’s shoulder, “Just found out he’s a true Soilding.”

“Anesho?” Dex asked with a slight chuckle.

“Yeah, laugh it up Spiky,” Badim playfully shot back at Dex, referencing to his spiked hairstyle, “I’m still Badim to you guys, no matter what she says.” he finished, playfully looking into her eyes.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, June 30th 2010 07:09am    Post subject:

Damian.

The thought of his brother had barely been able to register, before Tseneca appeared in the careful grasping of the angel of Iego. Lucas wanted to roll his eyes, how dramatic, really play up the victim card. His fork aggressively wrangled a rogue vegetable, before muttering a retort to Tseneca. He wasn't in the mood, but the revelation of her being poisoned softened him momentarily. He looked up, glancing at her to be sure she wasn't really hurt. Still, no apologies came from her voice to him, or to the rest of the crew.

Lucas couldn't believe that she was remaining so still, acting as though it had all been a "misunderstanding" and misdiagnosis of how bad it really was. If it was a pity party, Lucas wasn't on the RSVP list. "Damian?" A subject change was in order, Anakin Solo's utensil skidding across the plate because of the high pitch tone used.

Badim chomped on something, while volunteering the information, "We were," his eyes darted to Clare, "arrested on Naboo, and he saved our collective asses."

Lucas could sense the man wasn't lying. Maybe it was just the start of a terrible night, as when Alisson arrived, she informed the group she had a run in with Nico. The bounty hunter Badim and Clare had caught on the Leaper, with a little help from SAMM, must have tipped her off on their location. Great, Lucas thought, Everything in the galaxy is upside down. Damian is playing responsible, Tseneca goes darkside, and now, Nico is after my friends and family.

Lucas pushed his tray aside, "You know, I think I'm done for one night." He looked at Tseneca, not wanting to seem completely heartless, he toned for empathy, "Glad you're all right." But it could've came out vindictive. Anakin attempted to call his name, a call used for rationalism, but Lucas was already around the corner and through the hall before any one could follow.

Not wanting to return to Jedi quarters, but knowing that hiding was never an option in a place filled with Force-readers, Lucas retreated to the meditation chambers. He asked the computer to leave the doors locked. Once inside, he took as many breaths as needed, before he was able to bury his mind beneath the weight of the galaxy. He could feel the shift and the surge, but all he wanted, was to be lost in the sea of stars....
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, June 30th 2010 11:05am    Post subject:

Tseneca looked at the table as Lucas rose and retreated from the room. She felt heartbroken, if she was being completely honest with herself. if she had had one ally from the start, it had always been Lucas. The best friend and little brother she never asked for, but was happy she'd got. And now...what? this was all her fault.

She got up to follow, still a little wobbly on her feet, but feeling stronger still. Anakin placed a restraining hand on her arm, but she respectively dodged him off.

"I think things need to be said." She whispered quietly, before following Lucas's path out of the hall.

It was still early morning, and the dawn light from coroscant's sun shone through the halways and devised parapits beautifully. Tseneca took a deep breath. She felt better then she had in days, calmer, more in control. She knew, as Cilghal had told her, that the feeling could desipate at any time. What she needed to learn to do was take control of her emotions. She couldn't deny this need, the necessity of learning the force anymore. It was like abating an unwanted psychosis. Still, she had no idea what to say to Lucas.

She opened the door of the meditation chamber. Lucas was the only one there, sitting with his back to her. She said nothing, didn't have to.

"Why are you here?" Lucas' voice seemed less vindictive and more like a plea. He wanted to be left alone. Too bad.

"Can we talk? Please?" Tseneca didn't take a seat. It didn't seem prudent.

"I'm not sure what there is to talk about." Lucas continued to sit with his back to her.

"Lucas, please, I told you I was sorry.I wasn't... myself."

He slouched, posture seeming to reveal how tired he is. "Tseneca, i'm meditating. I'd really just like to be left alone."

"Don't be petulant." Tseneca said crossly. Lucas was acting like a child.

"Should you be calling people names right now?" Lucs answered.

"Really, Lucas? I came to apologize." She threw up her hands, giving up. "You know as well as I do that I don't know how to handle this. I need your help--"

"You had my help!" Lucas leaped up and faced her, eyes blazing. "I offered you my help! I was there for you Tseneca. You refused Kyp, and you refused me. What do you expect now? after you abused what we- what I had to offer. I don't know what to do for you anymore... I don't want to do anything anymore. It seems to me that you can handle it on your own, like everything else. And anyway, I thought you were taking your ship and going? isn't that what you wanted?"

"Is that what you want?" Tseneca asked. She didn't raise her voice.

"Why not? You got what you needed to know. Isn't that what you were in this for? Your own selfish reasons? Need I remind you that there's more to this then just you."

The silence hung between them like a cloud. They were at a stand off, and Tseneca felt dully chastised.

"If thats how you feel..." Tseneca felt numb. Maybe it was still the drugs. She relented "You're right."

She turned to leave, pausing only at the door. "I'm sorry. about me, about everything. I didn't mean... none of this was... well..." She wasn't sure what else could be said. She'd hurt him terribly. She felt like it was a demon inside her, not herself, that had accomplished that. There were no reparations. "I'm just sorry." And she shut the door quietly behind her, leaving him to his thoughts.

She walked down the hall and looked out through one of the parapits at the sunlight streaming in. It was a new day after all, she thought, chest aching. Maybe it was best that she leave. soon. tomorrow morning, after she'd slept the dregs off. Maybe she would be able to draw the bounty hunters away from the temple, away from her friends. Give them something of a head start. That might work. Anyway, it was worth a try.
 Back to top »
Firi'Taknik
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, June 30th 2010 11:47am    Post subject:

Firi watched Lucas and Tseneca leave. There was an awkward silence, filled almost at once by small talk.

Dex took hold of Firi's hand. She felt herself blush at the contact "You look tired." He remarked. Certainly, she felt tapped out, but she felt embarrassed to reveal that.

"Oh, i'm alright."

Dex seemed to know better. "Come. I'll show you the room the masters said you could have."

She smiled wanly at him. He was so considerate. She felt a little spoiled. She knew, also, that he was sincere. Of course she was beautiful, it was a natural trait of her species. But Dex was different than the other creatures she had encountered in her short time off Iego. He reminded her of Aquar, in a way, he wore emotions on his sleeve. But unlike Aquar, he wasn't afraid of them. She also felt a stirring in her, much like what she had felt for the maelibus that had abducted her. She would like to think it was something encroaching on love.

They said goodbye and Dex led her to her rooms.

"I hope Tseneca will be okay." He said softly. She nodded.
"She'd dealing with a lot. I think we all are."

"Its nice to be in a place of peace. I've never been anywhere like this." Dex said, then looked at her. "Are you worried about the bounty?"

Firi shrugged, letting her wings rise following the most human expression. they had reached her door. He tapped it. "It's adjacent to mine. If you need anything." Then he became serious, looking into her eyes. "I would never let anyone hurt you." He said.

She shivered a little under his gaze. His hand was still in hers, rough and firm. She felt safe with him, known and knowing.

"I should like to kiss you." She whispered. They had kissed once, but that felt like an accident. Not now, she wanted to let him know how she felt, with the knowledge that he felt the same.

He bent and their lips met, slowly at first, but then deep with longing. She felt her head swim again, in a slow churning, one that pulled at every part of her body, one that made her dizzy.

After a moment, they broke. He smiled a little. "You should rest." She said and kissed the top of her forehead. "I'll be here if you need...anything"

He didn't say "need me" as if he didn't want her think he was the needy one. The selfish one. So anything was more appropriate.

"goodnight." She said to him.

"Sleep well, Muna" He said, turning to leave. Sleep well, Love.
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Wed, June 30th 2010 02:10pm    Post subject:

Kyp sat in silence and let a meager breeze brush his hair to the side. With his eyes closed he slowly let his head slump down. The warm surface of the Temple was comforting and lulled Kyp further into his trance. He ran his hands slowly down and onto the Temple's roof. The ages old stones texture scratched and pulled on his worn hands. With a deep inhale and exhale Kyp raised his head and felt his brother's presence.

Zeth was apart of him, as he had always been. Despite that fact Kyp dreaded reliving what he saw on Denon. He knew what it meant. But it wasn't Zeth. It was himself. Kyp placed his hands on his hips and took a few deep breaths. Doubt and fear always managed to weave themselves back into his life. He had spent so much time separated from the world. Detached and alone.

Kyp knew that his time with the Leaper had brought on his own problems. Regardless he had pushed aside his worries and was selfless in their endeavors. He was afraid to trust again. Not only for his own sake, but for theirs.

Amongst all the thoughts of self doubt and fear Kyp found his center, much like he had taught Tseneca. He pushed past the layers of hate and anguish that had clouded his life for many years. All the selfish sorrow washed away and Kyp found himself once again the middle of his own storm. All that was left was the wise, kind, but detached Jedi many had grown to know him as.

He couldn't allow himself that luxury. It was a feeling that he had forced himself not to experience during his lifetime. Love had drawn him to hate. It was scary how close the two ran to one another.

Kyp opened his eyes and looked past the Coruscant traffic and into nothing. During the short ride over he had told Tseneca that she was walking a fine line between two opposing forces. He was concerned and rightfully so. However despite their worries Kyp knew her outbursts may come more often and perhaps worse. He could sense the rift forming between herself and the crew, especially Lucas.

She needed a reason to return to the light. A reason to live it seemed. However no matter how hard Kyp thought or tried he would never be able to control or act for her. She was her own person. He'd have two options if all were to go wrong. Neither he'd enjoy and Kyp was certain she wouldn't either.

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, June 30th 2010 02:22pm    Post subject:

Tseneca dressed and left the temple without telling anyone. It would only make them protest, and that was the last thing she needed at the moment.

She made her face up using the make-up she kept in the ship. It had been such a long time since she'd worn any... but she wanted less people to recognize her. Dex had left his mechanics goggles aboard, and she slid them on, covering most of the upper part of her face. She wore the cloak she had stolen from Sethe Bhren.

She didn't need much by way of supplies, but she figured, by the next morning, she could have the leaper ship shape and ready to go. To be honest, she was looking for work. If she could find a transport job on corouscant, she'd be able to make some new money, get back into the work she'd been used to before she'd saddled with Lucas looking for Nico.

so thats it then she thought. it seems the descision has been made, you'll leave in the morning.

She felt a twinge of sadness as she walked away from the temple and into the bustle of a street market. She swallowed the feeling down like a stone. She wasn't needed anymore. Lucas certainly didn't want her there. Why would she hang around? If she could do better by leaving, draw the cannabalistic tendancies of the bounty hunters away from the rest of them, then at least she would be doing some good. Lucas' words "selfish", "abusive" still stung her ears. Jonas and Firi were innocent parties, the bounty had less to do with them and more to do with Lucas and herself in hot pursuit of Nico. How much was Nico paying those lackeys she'd sent after them? And, if Nico was working with Emmett, then he knew she, Tseneca, was alive and was actively trying to have her killed. There was no alternative but to continue the life she had led before she'd gotten herself into this mess back at Oxanna.

She walked down the city streets, and ducked into a cantina. It was dark and dank, esoecially for a joint on one of the higher levels of the city. She strode to the bar, to talk up the barkeep. No drinks for her this time.

"what?" The bartender asked, a filthy, pudgy human. He meant "what do you want to drink" but it was less of an inquiry about that, and more of an inquisition against inconvenience.

"Nothing to drink." Tseneca responded. Even through the goggles she wore the smoke of a hookah and sordid burn of deathsticks made her eyes water. "Know where I can find honest work? I got a ship."

He nodded, more politely, wiping a filthy glass with an equally grimy rag.
"Take a seat, I'll keep you posted. We'll see what you can get out of a days sitting. I'd try the sabacc tables, loose lips and all... unless thats not the kind of work your looking for." His gaze fell on the opening of her cloak, on her figure. She scowled at him and turned away.

The Sabacc tables were certainly busy. Tseneca sat and was immediatly dealt a poor hand. She had The Idiot card, and would have to try for an array in order to come out on top. No luck, but she kept at it for close to a half hour. Mostly she was listening for hints that someone could use a cargo ship. A rodian to her left was trying to sneek a feel up her leg.

"Fat chance, bud." She shoved him off when he got too close, and he gave a grunt in protest, but kept his mitts to himself.

She was running out of collateral, even as the dealer called her in for a third round.

"I'm out." She said "Got nothing to place."

"How about that fancy cloak you got. Looks vintage Aargau felt, can't possibly be yours..."

Tseneca looked to the voice now sitting across from her. Sethe Bhren. His hair fell in his face coyly, even as he picked up the cards the dealer gave him.

"Finitez cetez detox?" Tseneca said in Bocce. What do you want?. Bocce was less common in corouscant systems, where a more proper form of basic was used. Sethe knew who she was, she didn't want anyone else to get wind.

"wa ir pozoolin". come off it. I want my cloak back.".

She slid it off. She was wearing a long sleeved, olive green tunic, leggings and combat boots, as well as a spacers jacket. it was common enough. "Take it then." She said, and set her cards down getting up from the table. "I'm not gonna bet for it." She walked back to the bar where the bartender gave her a glance, but went about his work.

Sethe sidled up beside her and ordered ale. "No absinthe for you this time." He said to her.

"Really," she asked, looking at him. she was afraid for a moment that he would lunge and take her, stunned, back to his warehouse. "What do you want from me."

"propostions, relenquishing. you could always come quietly..." His eyes shone with feigned innocence.

"Is there a problem?" The bartender came up to them, looking from Tseneca to Sethe.

"Not that I can see." Sethe said with a smile.

"I wont tolerate lover's spats or domestic disputes in my bar. you can leave if it comes to that."

"Trust me, it wont." Tseneca said and turned to leave.

Like clockwork, Sethe followed. "The way I see it." He said, placing his arm on her shoulder, which she immediately shrugged off. "You can bury that pep of yours and give in, or i can put a little more oomph into the bargain."

The were outside, Tseneca raised her blaster hip level and pointed it at him. He looked at her with a devilish grin. She couldn't help thinking how severely handsome, yet severely mistaken he was.

"Whose paying you?" She hissed.

"Immediately? no one." He said, not moving, but holding his own blaster, one which had been there all along, pointed back at her. "I take money where I can find it, surely you must have realized that the economy is effecting the job market you and I so deary love."

"I'm not worth it. I'm only a quarter of the bounty and I can pay you off with that easily."

He chuckled. "You give up so simply. I can see you wouldn't sell your friends out though, how noble. So what, you'd pay me to not kill you?"

"Or I shoot you and leave. Its fairly simple, as you remarked." Tseneca's hand tightened around the trigger.

"Not if I shoot first." Sethe remarked. "Looks like a stand-off has been achieved. How do we solve this."

"Quick wits and an even quicker trigger finger." She said

Suddenly, enexpectedly, Seth placed his blaster back in his holster. "Touche. A draw then." He reached out his hand in a gesture to shake hers.

Tseneca was flabbergasted, and more then a little confused.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't shoot you, you don't shoot me. a beautiful proposition." Sethe said and removed her own blaster from her stunned stiff fingers, handing it back to her by the hilt.

"You'll pardon me if im more than a little confused." Tseneca said dumbly.

"Of course." Sethe waved her off as if she had asked to be excused from the table. "I told you I take work where I can get it. A friend of mine, perhaps yours, is paying me to make sure you aren't killed by savages."

Tseneca shook her head. "What? Who?"

"Well, now, that I can't tell you, propriety and all. I will say though, you matched description very well. Spunky, thats always usefull. The surliness and kleptomania I could live without. It looks though, that i don't have to keep such a close eye on you as i thought... you seem to be able to handle yourself"

Tseneca couldn't believe what she was hearing, but there it was. Who was paying Bhren to follow her around. How long was he going to follow her around for? Now she had better get off the planet, and fast.

"I should go..." She said, and began to take off.

"Very well, Mesh'la." He used a Mando'a definitive. the ancient Mandalore language, meaning beautiful. She immediatly resented this as she buried herself in the market street crowd. "I'll be watching" She heard him call after her.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, June 30th 2010 11:55pm    Post subject:

Clare and Badim were suddenly alone, Lucas left, followed quickly by Tseneca. Firi and Dex stayed for a bit, but left themselves after some flirtatious moments. He never guessed the two would become attracted to each other, of course he knew enough that it was Firi’s beauty that drove Dex to release them and join the crew. Then again, he never guessed he himself would ever end up with someone with the life that he led for himself. But here he was, with Clare’s arms wrapped through the loop of his.

“Wanna take another trip? Maybe to a museum or a marketplace?” Badim suggested, wondering where to start their morning in a less violent way. She rubbed her fingers together, getting the last bits of numb out of them as she thought, then agreed with a firm smile. Her smile drove him mad, crazy for her, but he continually longed for her pleasured smile she had when they were in bed together. But something about his smiles now seemed hollow, it was like he could see the future in a way, and every surprise was spoiled to him.
It was going to happen, the two getting married at one time or another. A large majority of his dreams, if not all of them, ended up becoming reality. So he wondered how he would pop the question every man dreaded and worried to ask. He wondered when, and how confident in their relationship to take it to such an extreme, if not rewarding commitment. But he kept it to himself, he wasn’t in a rush, and neither was she.

They stood, saying their goodbyes to Master Anakin Solo, now left alone himself and took their own leave.

They strolled the streets, making their way to the speeder and spaceports near them. Making sure to keep an eye over their shoulders if another Bounty Hunter was to come after them. But they were fine now, it was just that one incident on The Leaper that had been a threat. They walked casually and confidently until they reached the station. They got their tickets and waited for a transport to take them two hundred kilometers away, deciding to visit The Western Sea instead of a boring museum or marketplace. Clare departed to the restrooms as he was left to wait for their transport to arrive.
“Hey,” Badim said, clicking his comlink on, making sure it was an open channel so the entire crew heard or would hear about their departure, “Clare and I are going to The Western Sea if anyone misses us.”

He clicked it off, and waited for Clare to return.

Tag: Jess, Alex, Kyp
Convictions First Previous Next Latest

Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, July 01st 2010 12:29am    Post subject:

Badim had left his Comm on, Tseneca, even after her dealings with Sethe, had forgotten to turn hers off. She'd heard the whole thing.

Without thinking, she rushed to where the ship had taken off, where no doubt Badim was still. It didn't take anyone to wonder why she was going there. One of her friends had died, been murdered. And the other was...

"Badim!" It had taken her five minutes by public speeder to get to the hangar where he was. "Badim." She called into the comm. He was sitting on a public bench out of the way of human traffic. He looked up, his expression blank. She tore Dex's goggles off so he'd recognize her.

"You shouldn't be here..." He croaked. He was shivering, in shock no doubt. His eyes were wet, swollen.

"Oh, Badim... I heard... I'm so... so sorry." He ducked his head, trying to be tough. He was angry, so angry. Tseneca reached to push a piece of his hair back from his face, trying to lend some comfort. He flinchedm shrugging her off.

"Don't." His voice was pained.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 01st 2010 01:05am    Post subject:

Badim sat, shrugging Tseneca away no matter how much she tried to comfort him. He was alone, dark clouds hovering over him. He felt anger, rage and remorse course through him like a violent current. He dared to stand, fearing he’d fall over in tears. He stood anyhow, he didn’t hide the remorse anymore, it was too much to bare as tears fell from his face. Tseneca tried to comfort him, telling him that she knows how it feels to have lost someone.

“At least Emmett’s still alive!” Badim aggressively shot back with his back turned, storming away in pure anger. He didn’t hear her reaction, his ears full of smoke as he stormed towards the Temple.

He stopped, mere feet from where he was. He felt the anger flow through him, it felt wrong. Clare wouldn’t have wanted this. He himself had just murdered an innocent, the man he threw over the edge. He was taking his anger out on Tseneca, the one who had taken the three in. He took in a deep breath, then turned to face her, confusion in her eyes at how he could say such a thing. Commenting on Emmett like that.
“I’m sorry,” he said sincerely, his breath shaky as he tried to fight past the tears, “I didn’t mean it like that.”

Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, July 01st 2010 01:14am    Post subject:

"Emmett... might as well be dead for all it matters." She said. "I lost my parents, and my brother. Thats what I meant." She didn't want to turn this on herself. She wanted him to know that she was there. More, she wanted to prove that she wasn't selfish, as Lucas had accused her of being.

She caught up to him and they walked in silence for a moment.
"I'm leaving." She said. She knew Badim well enough to know that small talk was never his forte, she knew him well enough to know the darkness that raged within him at the moment. She caught him by the arm. He still shook with shock and rage. "Come with me." she finished.

"What?" Badim squinted at her, his shoulders slumped.

"We'll find the people who did this, we'll get them, we'll make them pay. I swear it."
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 01st 2010 01:28am    Post subject:

Badim looked at Tseneca, she was being sincere in her invitation. Sincere in her loss of her family and her own love. He never knew that about her loosing her family as well, Badim loosing his foster parents at the hands of a Crime Lord, the only parents he had known until recently. Badim knew she wouldn’t take no for an answer, but she was drifting too far to the dark side, he could feel it coursing through him as well. He wasn’t even able to use The Force, but he could feel it, feeling a more diluted variant within Tseneca.

“The risks for you…” he said, referring to her connection to the Force and the coming darkness that surrounded him, what could spread to her, “Are too great.”

He wanted to shrug her away again, but she wouldn’t allow it, firmly holding his arm, stopping him from continuing further until this was resolved. His shoulder swelled, burning and digging into him from the shot he had taken.
“I don’t want you to take this on alone,” she caringly shot back, a smile attempting to form across her face to try to reassure him, “We can take this together, and stay away from… That side.”

Badim looked forward, thinking of the options he had. He had no where to go, no where to start on his journey of dark revenge… His journey of vengeance on Clare‘s behalf. He had lost everything, returning to his old ways, no one would be safe from his wake of fury, he still feared that Tseneca would fall because of him. But he had no choice, and agreed.

Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, July 01st 2010 06:33am    Post subject:

Jonas had slept through the night, in a relative dreamless state. His body had re-cooperated the lost energy of the last couple of weeks, since Kuat. Jonas used the shower to cleanse his body, but all good things never went interrupted. The door had rung, sending small red courtesy lights flashing in key areas. "Coming," Jonas growled, before he wrapped a towel around his lower half and answered the chime. Alisson was waiting. Her eyes were gentle, but they looked as though she had been searching for something, or someone, and she wasn't in a mood for details or pleasantries.

"Have you seen Lucas?"

Jonas rolled his eyes, "Good morning to you too, geez." He strolled back into the bathroom to put some clothes on, before returning, only to find her searching his room. She must be really desperate. "I haven't seen him since the Blight Leaper, why whats going down?"

Alisson didn't seem to take comfort in the fact he wasn't up to speed, "I need to speak with him, I have to leave for a while."

Jonas grabbed her arm, not an act of aggression, but of concern. "What?" She re-looked at him, her eyes turning over a different emotion.

"I'm damaged. I need a medicine found on Felucia." Jonas breathed carefully, she was sick?! He grabbed his communicator, kicking himself for leaving it off. There were messages.

He clicked it on, "Hey", it was Badim, "Clare and I are going to The Western Sea if anyone misses us". Jonas rolled through rest, but didn't actually listen to them as another knock on the door sent a Jedi droid into a cleaning frenzy. "Come on, let's get out of here."

Alisson was comfortable leaving, her search for Lucas seemed vibrant, and important, something she didn't leave to communicators. Jonas breathed, the air inside the Temple was quite refreshing. A lifetime on Nal Hutta made the little things in life so much more enjoyable.

They stopped in front of Sara's room, and tapped twice for 'requested entrance'. A moment later, she answered the door...
 Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, July 01st 2010 06:44am    Post subject:

Alisson spent the better half of the morning searching for her communicator. It wasn't until three hours and twenty-six minutes she realized, through memory-replay, that Nico had stolen the device. Through a sequence of back-tracing, Nico would be able to identify all of their locations and previous, saved transmissions. The catch was, Nico wouldn't be able to slice the device as easily as it was taken, Alisson had designed encrypted messages before, particularly when traveling with business documents concerning KDY and Cybot Galactica. It would be a hacking nightmare, but the fact was, it could be done. A win situation, however, provided that the device could also be traced, should proper modifications be made to the SLFR network.

Alisson went to the hangar to find the Blight Leaper, only to be told it had been moved inside the Temple. Retracing the steps, she hadn't seen the vessel, nor any indication that they had left dock. A Jedi had mentioned that should the Leaper have wanted to leave, records maintaining its position, could be a security alternative, than broadcasting its departure through space.

Basically, if Tseneca or any others left with the ship, it was safer to say it was still here, even though it wasn't. Less hunters on their trail.

Alisson had went to Eisley's room, and his concern for her well being, coerced him to join her search. She was happy to see Sara emerge from her room, fully dressed and ready for the day. Alisson noticed the increase in heart rate, but the lean and tense muscle tone suggested she had worked out maybe forty five minutes prior to getting ready.

"What's going on?" Sara asked.

"We are having trouble getting a hold of people..." Jonas trailed off, "Lucas specifically, but now that I'm trying, no one is answering... or even showing up for that matter. That only happens when-"

"Hyperspace."

Finding the Cure First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 01st 2010 01:55pm    Post subject:

Hyperspace was a word Sara didn’t want to hear right now. A sense of abandonment fell over her if they were left stranded by anyone. If the Leaper was gone, they would be stuck on Coruscant until they got another ship.
“You don’t think someone…?” she shook her head, it was Tseneca’s ship, but it wouldn’t make much sense to just leave her friends behind. If she even called them friends to her.

She shook her head again, “I’m guessing you two didn’t come to my room to just tell me that the comlinks aren’t working?”

Alisson looked at Jonas, then turned back to Sara, “I need medicine from Felucia.”

Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Thu, July 01st 2010 03:25pm    Post subject:

Kyp stood up from the warm stone of the Temple and returned to the turbolift. With his mind calmed and concentrated he could again be his old self. Kyp admired people like Tseneca and Badim, who didn't have the emotional detachment he had. It gave them amazing strength but also an easily exploited weakness.

It was a balancing act Kyp didn't like, especially as he listened in on the commotion over Badim's frequency. Things were taking a turn for the worse, blaster bolts, and screams from scared citizens resounded in the background. The commotion carried for a view minutes till all that could be hear was Badim and Tseneca. Speaking of the devil.

Kyp pulled the comm from next to his ear and spoke, "Badim, don't let Tseneca out of your sight. Meet me at the Blight Leaper." He put away the comm link and ran as fast as he could. Kyp would call the situation coincidence but too much of his life had proven that word didn't truly exist. Kyp raced as fast as his legs would carry him to his own quarters within the Temple. He typed in his pass twice, incorrectly the first time, and entered into the near barren room.

In his closet was a collection of old clothing and momentos from years long past. Kyp snagged up his usual bag, filled with extra pairs of his typical black robes and other equipment. He slung it quickly over his shoulder and knelt down to a simple wooden box. To the average person it was a poorly crafted box with no purpose. To Kyp it held a possession he had hid away for years, it was in an attempt to forget his past life. He was sure someone else could learn from it now. Kyp snatched the box up and jogged, being careful not to jostle the box around too much.

Kyp made the trip faster than he had thought and saw no one at the Blight Leaper. Kyp strode up to the Vigilance and rubbed the surface once again. She'd be safe here. Kyp took off his robe and slid under the A-Wing and placed the beacon where it had been before. He didn't want the bounty hunter to believe he had left. Surely his opponent would be watching. It was partly the reason he had gone outside onto the roof.

Kyp slid back out from underneath the Vigilance and strode up into the Blight Leaper. Inside the transport Kyp once again found the cramped quarters he had taken residence in during the trip back. He threw his bag and robe in and held the box under his arm. Badim and Tseneca would surely be arriving soon. He sat in the co-pilot's chair and awaited the bad news.

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, July 02nd 2010 04:12am    Post subject:

Clare was killed...Tseneca left without everyone...and Alisson was dying.

Lucas shook awake, sweat dripping from his entire body. Peeling off the covers, he rubbed his eyes, before rolling his hands over his hair. He couldn't believe what he saw, but it was all too vivid to be a simple dream. Using the Force to yank his communicator, he must've pulled too hard, as it smacked against the wall and into four pieces. Great, just great. Lucas tried to feel Tseneca, her presence was generally easy, given the darkness haunting her soul... but he couldn't sense anything.

Could she have really left?

Lucas breathed, feeling less in control of his emotions. The least she could've done is have said goodbye, he growled, though maybe, he deserved it. He was such a terrible friend in the last couple of days, he let it get the best of him. He let the shower water drain over him, twisting the temperature dial to the coldest. His body quickly went numb, the sudden sadness of his friends leaving without him fading slightly, his mind wrestling with the new sensation.
Suddenly there was a chime at the door, red indicators flashing in the corner of the shower, with a small video appearing with Alisson, Sara and Jonas waiting outside. Lucas breathed more easily, and when he stepped out, the warm air brought comfort to him once again. Bringing pants up and around his waist, he opened the door as the wrangled the shirt over his chest. Sara was the first to greet them, then Jonas, before Lucas flung himself over the girl.

"Alisson, are you okay?" Lucas demanded, "What's happening?"

"It's nothing serious, Lucas. I require a treatment found on Felucia. Shouldn't be more than a day's hike." He breathed more easily. If Nico had somehow damaged her, he would've went all Tseneca, aka Sith, and slaughtered her. She was probably the closest thing he had to family right about now. "Your parents are on Coruscant." Lucas corrected himself, one of the closest things to family right about now.

"Really." Lucas collected his lightsaber, pocketing credit sticks, and tossing a robe around his body. He still needed to warm up.

"Yes, your mother is anxious to see you." Alisson relayed the information. "She's lending us Anubis, shouldn't be more than three days."

"I want to come with you." Lucas answered.

Sara grinned, "Don't you have some, oh I don't know, Jedi business to take care of? Besides, Jonas and I have this in the bag." She tossed Jonas an innocent look.

"Right." The Iego boy answered, leaning against the wall. "Wouldn't want to interrupt your training. You could use a few extra lessons here and there." Lucas rolled his eyes playfully.

Firi and Dex emerged, equally disturbed by the lack of communication. "Where's Tseneca?" Lucas had forgotten about that, the rush of hurt returning to his face, before he attempted to mask it with a laugh.

"Hyperspace." Sara repeated, as though the word had hurt her as much as the rest of them. Each of them processed the word differently. "They'll be back I'm sure. Just running an errand or grabbing fresh air. Master Durron went with them. Right Alisson?"

"I'm assuming." Her answer wasn't clear, but when Lucas tried searching for him, he didn't come up either. Great.

"I'll walk you to the shuttle," Lucas growled.

"Shuttle?" Dex questioned.

"Felucia. Medicine for Alisson. some sort of rare parasite has affected her skin. We're going to retrieve a known antidote." Jonas chimed in, though his voice was a little dull. They must've explained this several times by now.

"We're coming." Firi answered, probably disturbed by the fact the were left to do nothing.

"Felucia is a -" Dex tried to explain to her, before she was entirely committed. A flash in her eyes suggested she wasn't deviating from her commitment.

The walk felt longer than it was, he didn't like the fact the crew had split into three parts. Lucas would be the sole remainder of the crew not with any one else.. He waved them off, before retreating back into the Temple. Surprisingly, he was twenty minutes earlier than Anakin...

First time for everything.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, July 05th 2010 03:45pm    Post subject:

Yesterday, Lucas had sparred with two of the best Jedi in the Order, and today, he was sitting in the meditation room with Master Solo, listening to the crickets of the galaxy. Lucas had closed his eyes, and much like he had done to get away from Tseneca and the rest of the crew, he let himself be lost in the stars, just sensing and feeling. It nice was to be absent for a while, to let the worry and the dread slip away. Anakin appeared to be watching him, as every now and then, he'd appear and suggest Lucas try something. Reach out to someone.

Lucas felt the ting of Badim's recount of events on Naboo. The fact that his brother had been ignoring and withholding secrets, was annoying at best. Lucas felt for him, and in a way, attempted to scry for information. He saw a beautiful woman inside a delicate and elegant dress. The headpiece was large, and immediately, Lucas recognized her as the Queen. Something great bonded his brother to this woman, the emotion was powerful, and brought tears to the body Lucas left on Coruscant. The impression was quick, and tired him drastically.

Anakin caught him on the fall, "I'm impressed, you were quite far from here, I could sense that. Where did you go, Lucas?"

Lucas wiped the tears that had formed, not from his mind, but the strange insider-view from Damian's mind. "He loves her." He said, quite surprised. His brother was always harsh, and realistic. The emotion was never expressed, in a way, he was always cold. But this woman had changed him, and something she carried, brought warmth to the deepest of his heart. Anakin questioned him further, to which Lucas promptly explained for the impatient master.

"My siblings and I have a connection, though I will admit, Jaina and Jacen share something a bit deeper." Anakin answered, "You three, however, are triplets, you should be able to sense and feel emotions over great distances, even if you do not open your soul to them." Lucas acknowledged this. It was true, even when they were kids, Lucas had felt when Bella dropped a story, and landed against the hard pavement. He cried for days, even after Bella had stopped. "It's a good thing, and your vision sounds equally great, does it not?"

Lucas shrugged. He thought it was something mysterious, but it didn't seem that way at all. Bella had built up the secret as something possibly devastating, but what he felt from Damian, was something great and powerful. It was wonderful, and joy beyond expressions and description. Lucas admitted he was exhausted, he had never felt and experienced anything quite like that before. Anakin released him for the afternoon, but asked him to meet him later. Lucas agreed, treading softly to his room.

A moment before he hit the pillow, an odd feeling of loneliness came over him. The Blight Leaper was gone. The crew had split separate ways, and soon, Anakin would ask him to take a mission on the other side of the galaxy. A dark feeling came over him. It was sadness. He might not ever see his friends again. He set the emotions aside, and put his face to the plush covers. It didn't take long, before he was swimming in a dreamless state, the worry vanishing into nothingness...

Gods of the Stars First Previous Next Latest
Damian Pallanén-Davad First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, July 07th 2010 04:47am    Post subject:

Lucas felt like he was dreamwalking, except he wasn't. Something else had been moving his feet, the Force guiding him to magnificent inner stairwell of the Jedi Temple. His feet placed one before the other, and slowly, he climbed to the top of the Jedi's Capital. For a moment he could feel the wind, even though he was still inside. He could feel it move and twist amongst the Coruscanti Skyscrapers. Hundreds of thousands of years ago, the planet had been a beautiful paradise. Lush trees, with rivers that flowed as far as the eye could see. This native habitat had been destroyed by the colonists, and birthed a civilization stretching many millions lightyears beyond. Lucas stepped upwards, wondering where he was going. He was driving towards something, a call of sorts, as though he was needed there, and his body listened with a curious mind.

He was at the top of the staircase, finally, before accessing a doorway to the rooftop of the tallest pillar. It was more of a hatch, the wind gusting and sending his robes into a frenzy as it popped open. The night air was colder than usual, but nothing stalled the lights from expanding into a sea before him. It was beautiful, really. The colors vast, though artificial, had created a mesmerizing, powerful radiance. Civilization had once begun as a small colony, and now, it covered the world hundreds of times over.

A small child rested at the edge of the pillar's top. It was a girl, maybe six, but not older than seven. Long brown hair flowed from her head, parted in braid. On her left hand, a strange blue hue color echoed brightly amongst the buildings and floating stations above. It was lightning in nature, as though she had been touched and engraved by the Gods of ancient myth. Lucas had been standing, with a vacant expression for quite some time, before he decided to call out to her.

"Hello??" She seemed unchanged, unmoved by his question. "What are you doing up here? It's not safe!"

As Lucas closed the distance between them, he noticed the girl had been humming, in fact, it was something his mother would sing when he was afraid as a toddler. The girl's cheek turned slightly to greet him, it had been kissed by the evening's cold, red flushed a childish grin. "Sit here." Lucas moved, not to sit, but to grab the girl and pull her inside where it was safe, but a powerful Force pushed him to take a seat beside her. He tried to resist, but the more he had, the stronger it pushed him to stay still. A peaceful voice, a calm voice. It reminded him of Firi and the songs her people would sing, "Just look," Her fingers pointed to the planetscape in front of them, "I can find things. Inside the lights. They tell me things."

Lucas looked over, surrendering to the girl's call. "What are you doing out here?" He looked, not able to see anything but a giant jumble of blips.

"I just told you," She giggled, putting her hands ontop of his own, "I watched you, earlier, with Masters Durron and Solo. You were very impressive." She snickered again, retrieving something from inside her bag. She handed over a thick piece of paper, and as Lucas flipped over the coversheet, he was shocked to find a detailed mural of Lucas against both Solo and Durron. It was beautiful. And if he said so himself, rather flattering.

"You did this?" He asked, a little surprised at the work. It looked as though a professional, from the moons of Naboo, had completed it. The girl nodded, and as he tried to hand it back to her, she refused to take it, insisting he keep it for himself. A token. "Thanks, I really like it." His room inside the Temple had been void of any kind of personal affects. She hummed the song, the Melody of Kuat. "Where did you get that from?"

"You."

"How?"

The girl giggled, "I read things. It's hard to control." Finally, Lucas had placed the child. She was considered a prodigy by her people, a tribal oracle of sorts, and thus properly named as such. She had been happened upon by one of the Council Members and welcomed to the Temple, and treated as royalty or as one would expect with such an unbelievable connection to the Force. Such gifts had not been seen, according to Cilghal, since Anakin Skywalker's own prophecy. Some, perhaps, were afraid of what she might become. But most had embraced her, loved and cherished her. Lucas had never met her himself, until now. He was equally mystified. The girl said, "You know me, too." She seemed to know he was thinking about her.

"I do. You're Oracle." The name was, if Lucas rememebered correctly, both a title and personal.

"Except, my name is spelt with a K. Ora-Kle."

"Orakle?" Lucas confirmed, and provided a pleasant head dip, she agreed smiling, "It's beautiful. Nice to meet you." The child grinned, possibly larger than before. Changing subjects, Lucas inquired, "What are the, uh, lights telling you?"

She pointed, "Sad things."

"What are the things?"

Almost on cue, a blackout had surged across the northern plain, then mutated to the southern half of Coruscant. Backup generators were online, shifting seconds between, and the city was full life again. Lucas shivered, almost as though the girl had caused it. "Terrible things." Lucas bit his lip, but allowed her to continue "I sense a death. It will set the galaxy in shadows and dark people will take home to holy places." Lucas felt a lump in his throat. "I see an ocean of dreams, dreams that are like birds with broken wings, yet, void with waking eyes. I see, a star that never shines." The child paused, and Lucas noticed she was crying, "I see slaughter, and relics of peace burned. I can feel the pain of a thousand victims, as shards of demon teeth eclipse hope in their prey. These demons, outcasts in nature, return to pillage. A throne reborn, and sanctuary forever vanished."

Lucas held her, it felt like the right thing to do. He remembered what she said, line for line. He didn't understand what it meant, but felt as though she were channeling something. Maybe it was just a nightmare. But the Force tingled, and he knew, it was something greater than a childhood night terror. "Anything else?"

"No." Orakle admitted, she continued to hum the Kuati lullaby, bringing herself back into reality. "Changes are in motion, it's hard to see things like before. Not as clear as the seawater of Dac." She stood, the wind blowing her hair, their stance revealing the different color eyes staring back to him. "Tuck me in?" Lucas rose, taking the girl's hand. She led him through the temple, yawning and ignoring the stares many of the Jedi Masters gave her. She was favored, clearly. "I don't want to be." The girl answered, Lucas kicking himself for not trying to think more privately. Then again, how was that even possible? "It is." She answered the ponder.

"Are you always in my head?" Lucas asked, somewhat paranoid.

"Not just you." She answered, jumping up to tap the Jedi Security padd. It granted entrance, and her room was filled with small trinkets. They looked 'barbaric', but he used the term tribal, to mentally avert any kind of offense. Animal hides, and feather ornaments. "I want to go back, soon. My mother is dying." Lucas felt sad suddenly, as he tucked the girl into her bed. The child had brought news that someone she loved was going to die soon, yet here she was. "That is why I searched out for you. We are connected."

"Connected, how?" Lucas asked, wondering what more he could do.

The girl rolled on her side, though her eyes never left their connection. Her voice deepened, almost to a creepy level. "A shattered hope for the Padawan Learner of Anakin Solo." She reached up, and Lucas instinctively took her hand. And in a different voice, she pointed to a wookiee plush toy, "Can you hand me Snugglebacca." Lucas handed the child the toy, and hit the lights on his way out. "Goodnight" She said, the door shutting behind him.

As he walked, horror struck, Anakin appeared around the corner, "What the hell is the matter with you?"

The Dark Lady of the Sith First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, July 08th 2010 07:22pm    Post subject:

"What the hell is the matter with you?" Anakin had asked, his concern noted well above his annoyance at being over an hour late. Lucas turned, looking back towards the quarters he had just left. It was heart breaking to know that the girl was about to lose her mother, and yet, here she was, sitting through Jedi training lessons. Lucas turned back, facing Anakin, and for the first time, not as a padawan, but as a friend.

"We need to help her," His voice was soft, with a stern undertone. Lucas never really asked for any kind of favors, and rarely, any kind of mandates. "We need to return her to her home planet."

Anakin folded his arms, his hand extending to grab Lucas' shoulder, and motioning him to follow. They walked without speaking for a while, before Anakin broke the silence, "Lucas, I know. I know how sad that must be, but its not really our affair to meddle in. Its up to the council, they protect and provide for her now."

"Then you speak to them. They respect you, they know you. If Leia," Lucas hesistated, "your mother was dying, would you want to be locked up here?" It seemed to strick an accord, hell, even Lucas felt the same way if his own mother had been ill. "Master... Anakin... please." Lucas had been so lost in the chase of Vera Nico, he forgot what the other duties of being a Jedi felt like. To help and serve the people. This was his chance. Anakin dropped his head, but Lucas could sense he was winning him over. "They can grant her a leave of absence, at least. By the looks of the Jedi here, they would even volunteer to teach her abroad and outside of the academies of Denon and Yavin."

Anakin conceded. "Fine. I'll speak with my Uncle."

Lucas dipped, and bowed his entire body. A positive energy spread throughout him, he was finally getting to do something heartwarming, versus using the lightsaber.

PNPC Anakin Solo First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, July 11th 2010 02:45am    Post subject:

A day had passed since Lucas' encounter with the young girl. Anakin had patiently conversed with the Jedi Council, at least, what members were on world. Mara had been a large supporter of allowing the girl to return to her homeworld, and so it would be. Lucas rejoiced, taking to the girl's quarters and explained that she had been allowed to take a break from her training. Master Dakaoi had already adjusted his flight plans, he would continue her studies there. She jumped up, wrapping her body around him, and showered enough gratitude to last him a year. Anakin seemed pleased as well, the pair had finally done something meaningful. The girl took precious care over what she was going to bring, filling her bags. It seemed she had a lot to share with her family.

Lucas and Anakin each took one, pulling them into a shuttle by the Order. It was a standard Republic design, nothing too fantastic. Enough to say, it wouldn't compare to Kuat's line. Lucas took the co-pilots seat, allowing Anakin to do the preparations for take-off as he assisted Orakle into her seat, making sure the plush wookiee was safely harnessed. Anakin glided them out of the hangar, before a sudden jerk of acceleration. He seemed happy behind the controls of a ship, it came natural. More like the legendary Han Solo, here, than ever.

The comm system flashed, and one of the Order's communication routers patched Tseneca through. Lucas could tell he wasn't in the mood for another drunken apology, but the expression on her face, meant it was something else.

"What is it? I thought you took off, what do you want?" he grunted.

"Where are the others?" She asked swiftly

"What do you care?" He bit back.

"Please, grudgery doesn't become you. I'm going to ask you one more time to swallow your pride accept my apology and listen to me."

Lucas was quiet, and they stared at each other for a long while.
"fine." He said after a moment. "What's going on?"

"I had a vision." she swallowed, remembering. "The others were running through a jungle, their lives are in danger. And... I saw Jonas... falling. Dying..." Lucas could tell this wasn't a practical joke or some pathetic attempt to get him to speak to her again. He mumbled something, it wasn't really audible nor did it mean anything. It was more of an emotional acknowledgment. He skipped his fingers over the comm system, muting Tseneca entirely, as he closed his eyes. Extending himself beyond the shuttle, beyond Coruscant, he attempted to search for Jonas. It was like picking up Damain or Bella. And the difficult part, had been the fact that Lucas had not felt them at all. He opened his eyes, "Tseneca, they're on Felucia." He seemed worried, and tried to convey the complications in his tone. "I can be there in two days." He wasn't sure what the hell she was doing, and why she had left so bitterly.

Clare had been killed. Justice wasn't being served, only vengeance. A path that could only sweeten her taste of the darkside. Though contrary to the news, Lucas smiled at her. He thought, at least for the last couple of days, he'd never see her again. It was all he could give her. Anakin had reached the edge of the Coruscanti system, and it was time to return the Orakle to her dying mother. Jonas was alive, but he needed to fulfill his promise to the young girl humming softly in the cabin. Tseneca's transmission vanished, Lucas had slammed the control stick into hyperdrive. She'd come to Felucia, or not.

Either way, Lucas would save Jonas, the boy of Iego. He'd call to the beast aged just short of a hundred thousand years, and command it to release his friend...

Into the Sarlacc First Previous Next Latest
The Orakle First Previous Next Latest
PNPC Anakin Solo First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Sat, August 28th 2010 12:08pm    Post subject:

Kyp and crew had arrived on back on Coruscant much like they had a few weeks? earlier. However Kyp's purpose here was different. He had business to take care and people to avoid while doing so. While the rest of the crew mingled and spoke to one another, Kyp had stowed himself away in his quarters. When the Blight Leaper had landed he had made a concerted effort to be the first off the ship and avoid contact, despite the black silhouette he displayed on a daily basis.

He had business to take care of at the Jedi Temple and he was sure his arrival at this time of the year would not go unnoticed. There was those who had been trading amongst the stars when Carida had been obliterated, as they were well known for. The Caridans about the galaxy and here on Coruscant will not have forgotten his name and deeds.

Kyp exited the speeder into the public hangar of the Temple. He disconnected himself from the world about him as he walked. He didn't want to feel what had taken refuge in his mind. Despite all this time he was still trying to buy his way into the light. He hadn't slept a wink since leaving Naboo and it showed in the dark circles under his eyes. Here in a place of light he could finally try to find solace and sleep.

As Kyp was drawing closer to the security checkpoint a chubby human man stepped out from the shadows with mic in hand and a camera droid behind her. Luckily Kyp's hood had been down to hide the look of disgust that was plastered on his face. He moved quickly to intercept his course and utter words which he paid no mind to. A male form moved into his path and stopped his advance abruptly.

He spoke but he couldn't hear a word. All he saw was his fat face moving and the droid buzzing around capturing his image. One word managed to pass through the haze. Carida. It set Kyp off like a firestorm. Pure energy flowed from his core and down his left arm. Kyp raised his arm and the high voltage, sky blue, electric energy pulsed from his hand and struck the droid, instantly frying it's internal components. His other hand reached down and pulled free his lightsaber. The blue blade hissed to life and in a single swing Kyp cleaved the reporter's datapad in half. What was left of the unit was then crushed into balls of scrap.

The reporter angrily pushed him, despite his reputation, but he did not budge. What did he know about pain. What did he know about horror. Kyp would show him the black ink of heartache. Suddenly Kyp plunged into the reporters weak mind. He found images of family and of his childhood. Happy memories but no longer. Kyp twisted the memories to show each of his family dying in a new and gruesome manner. Each memory he found he twisted and contorted. The man's face turned from that of anger to that of pure pain. His face gasped wide open in an attempt to scream but nothing came out.

Kyp forced the man's central nervous system against him as he sent fiery lances of pain shooting from his brain all the way down his spine and into every appendage. The man went stiff in agony and fell hard to the durasteel floor. The guards at the security checkpoint moved to calm the man to no avail. Kyp allowed his fury to play with the reporter's body. The man finally was able to let go of a shriek that curdled blood even Kyp's cold blood. The pitiful scream for help finally urged him to stop. He watched as the man's pain slowly faded and his memories were returned to their original state. Kyp left the quivering man in his wake and moved into the Temple where he could calm and rest his mind.

Instantly the whole ordeal seemed like a distant memory as he calmly strolled towards the main hall. Here he'd sit in quite and patient serenity until he was needed. He was sure those who'd need him would know he was here.

A little bit ago I read that Lucas may want to talk to the council so I left my post open for that. If not then I will make a post whenever detailing my plans and such.

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 30th 2010 12:53pm    Post subject:

They had settled in their living quarters in the temple. Apartements had been given to accomodate them, and Tseneca, Firi and Dex shared rooms joined by a common living area.

When Tseneca had freshened up, she went to find Lucas.

He'd been jittery since they'd landed. Almost like he'd had a gallon of caf and was jolted from the after effects. She'd tried to talk to Jonas about it, but all he said was that Lucas hadn't slept well.

She found him meditating in his rooms. Alone.

"Hey..." She said softly and he fidgeted, uncurling himself from his position and turning slightly to look at her. He looked wan, shadowed. His eyes were dark around the rims. He looked back out over the verandah. The city was dark, but it was alive as if it were noon. Despite herself, Tseneca liked it here. It made her feel like she was a part of something... so different from where she'd grown up.

Lucas patted the space on the mat beside himself and she sat to.

"So, you're going to start your training?" He said. His voice was low, as if he'd just woken up from a long sleep.

"It's mostly up to Kyp. I could talk to some of the other Jedi, but Kyp seems to have accepted his position as master, and I might as well give him the benefit of the doubt." she smiled a little. "Plus, he seems to be more my speed than the others."

Lucas gave a small smile back. She took it and ran. "Are you alright? You've been so... distant..."

He gave a little wave of his hand. "Preoccupied, thats all. And I haven't been sleeping well."

"Ah." Tseneca muttered. It was like a script he and Jonas were following. She could try to pry more, but what good would that do. "Then, you know you can talk to me if you need it... when you need it."

He looked at her, mossy eyes bright with some kind of odd patience and confirmation of gratitude. "How are you feeling?" He changed the subject.

"A little tired, now and again, but nothing I can't handle." He gave a nod. She continued. "Sethe went to his apartments on the lower level. Wanted to grab some things and set The Escrow up in long term docking. He'll be coming with us on the Leaper."

"How are you with that?" Lucas continued to look out at the skyline. She bit her lip slightly. Sethe was an anomaly, Lucas knew it, and knew she knew it. Her sudden trust in the only other man who'd really known Emmett, her uncharacteristic placement of his virtue spoke volumes... about him, but mostly about her. Lucas' question was a long time coming. for the both of them.

"I like him, Lucas." She answered finally. "I have no doubts when it comes to his integrity."

"or roguish good looks." His comment was less rhetorical, was snide. She felt a twinge of annoyance, that he'd made it.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked narrowing her gaze. He met her halfway.

"It means Emmett's not cold in his grave and you could cut the sexual tension between the two of you with a knife. Why beat around it."

Tseneca was startled. "I... Excuse me?" The shock of it rolled over her. Attraction to Sethe, she assumed, was part and parcel. A biological response. Not only that, but she was rebounding, so she'd given herself a leeway, rope long enough to hang herself by if need be, when it came to the man. Flirting was one thing, but she was a self posessed woman being attacked by her own hormones, thanks to the tiny bun in her oven. She knew how to handle herself. Now what Lucas was doing was taking shots. Uncalled for shots.

"You think the others can't see what your doing, inviting him on board? I'd always thought you to be more constant..."

She felt her cheeks turn red. "And what, your the master of propriety? It took you all of ten seconds to jump in bed with Jonas?"

"Your pregnant." Lucas said as if trying to make a point, ignoring her comment. "With Emmett's child."

"And I'm not sleeping with Sethe. Whats got into you?" She felt both concern and outrage at his audacity. Was he trying to start a fight? She reached out, trying to pull threads from the force from him, looking for a reason he was acting such, but Lucas had built a wall there. She rose from her seated position and prepared to leave. "I can understand you seem to be having a hard time re-adjusting since seeing your brother, so I'm going to assume thats whats been bothering you, and I'll ignore your comments as being uncouth."

She heard him exhale through his nose, and without turning, left the chamber.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 31st 2010 05:17am    Post subject:

As Tseneca stalked away, Lucas could tell he hit a nerve. His attention shifted, something else was close. The Force sent his stomach turning, before an invisible energy-push slammed him against the wall, then rolled him several times over on the floor. He was hovering in mid air, when he opened his eyes to face the one responsible. "Bella, have you lost your mind?! What has gotten into you!?"

Bella narrowed her eyes, his skin felt like it was on fire, before he was launched into the wall behind him. "Gods frakking damn it, Lucas. You just couldn't keep your fat mouth shut, could you?" Lucas breathed, attempting to assess what the hell his sister was saying, when he realized. Damian.

"He spoke to you, didn't he? And you're taking his side." He scoffed, just like Alisson. He brushed himself off, and turned to walk away. Bella nabbed him with the Force, but this time, he was ready for it. Their hands stretched towards each other, the energy between them becoming increasingly excited, like a pair of same-sided magnets. Any moment, and the energy would repel them backwards.

"He hasn't said a word, Lucas. I saw everything. You can feel what Damian and I are going through, right? Well, I can see everything, if I wanted..." Her eyes darted, her concentration was faltering, Lucas could sense that. Her control over the Force, though, was much more developed than he had expected. Sweat dripped from his brow, then the shockwave overcame him and tossed him down a very long hallway, hitting a pillar. He could feel his back crack, probably not the best welcome he had in the Temple, ever. Her shoes stomped towards him, "You said, terrible things Lucas. You have no idea. You have attacked every weak link in his defense... you took a lot from him yesterday."

"Good!" Lucas collected himself. "Gods, Bella. Don't you think I know that?"

"Then what happened, talk to me."

"I need to get something to explain it all, I just need to see it."

"See what? You're not making any sense!" Bella was always in control, and fact she was tossing him around like a rag doll, showed clear emotional desperation. Rarely, did she ever act out via violence. Lucas understood he attacked his brother on many levels, questioning his ability to father a child, and the bloodline of the family. She must've felt protective of not only him, but their future nephew or niece. "Lucas, start talking before I toss you outta that window." Her tone was less serious, borderline humorous. Lucas flashed her a smile, he knew she'd have a change a heart.

"I need to sneak into Anakin's apartment. I gave him a disc, and I want to see it, before he takes it to the council."

"Why didn't you get the information, before handing it to him?" Her face was soft, the emotional rage was slowly draining.

"I didn't think it was as important," Lucas looked around, then pulled her to the side. No doubt their Force-fight would trigger curious bystanders. He whispered carefully, "I think someone is out there. Someone... who shouldn't be." He used his link with his sister, one they were born with, to transmit a single thought, image, memory or feeling... Sith. She seemed to understand, she nodded. Lucas looked upwards and around, there was no one there, but he could sense the presence of the woman from afar. The Orakle had warned him of this, she must know he was closing in on her. "Please Bella, do not tell anyone. I do not want the council to pick apart my memory searching for this."

Bella embraced him, and for a moment, the darkness was obliterated on her contact. He could feel the positivity, the light, happiness and joy spreading. But as she released, the dark void blanketed over his feelings. Her eyes looked into him, and she nodded.

The Dark Lady of the Sith First Previous Next Latest
Isabel Pallanén-Davad First Previous Next Latest
Damian Pallanén-Davad First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » Jedi Temple
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: