Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Jedi Temple
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » Jedi Temple
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, September 01st 2010 12:16pm    Post subject:

Tseneca met Sethe outside the redlight on one of the lower levels. He had a satchel with him, as he'd closed off the apartment deal he'd made with his landlord.

"Are you should you should be out here?" He asked. The two began to walk down the boulevard. The good thing about mid level redlights on corouscant happened to be that they were cleaner then lower ones. Even the working girls had better clothes and enough money to paint themselves. There was a quiet O2 cafe at the far end, so the two of them skirted through merchants and parked themselves there.

"She lifted the bounty." Tseneca responded as the took seats in the quiet interior. "Shouldn't have too much of a problem getting around."

"Thats not what I was talking about." Sethe said pointedly.

Tseneca smiled inwardly. His concern was touching. Before she's left she's seen Cilghal about the pregnancy, and the healer, after a preliminary ultrasound, had been happy to tell her things were proceeding normally, nominally, and otherwise perfect for a woman of Tseneca's age and physique. The tiny baby was swimming around happily in less then a months grown belly. Tseneca wouldn't start showing for another month or so, and only then would a heartbeat be easily detected. It gave her a feeling of satisfaction, now that the morning sickness had passed, that things were well. She told Sethe this now, and he sat back, looking more relaxed.

"You do know," She continued. "That I'm not going to hole myself up just because i'm pregnant."

"Wouldn't dream of it." He said, and ordered a drink.

While Lucas' words echoed in her head, she felt he'd had no real grounding to say any of it, or insunuate her relationship with Sethe was more than platonic. Yes, she was attracted to him, that was easily assessed. Yes, the rapport between them was relaxed and affectionate. But the most important thing was that she could relate to him in a way that she could not with any of the others. Lucas was her best friend, but he was young, and inexperienced in a lot of ways that tired her now and then. The others were equally disenfranchised. Even Badim, the closest to her in both age and experience could be clouded by self-righteous visions, a naivete that represented him as whole-hearted and brave as well as lacking in mature grounding. In Sethe she had found someone so like herself, and it gave her an energy she'd long forgotten.

"What are you thinking of, Mesh'la?" His voice broke through her thoughts. There was no way of telling his own feelings toward her, but while a connection like this filled her up, it frightened her. She's gone so long without Emmett only to lose him again, how could she afford such self-satisfaction? And with a man as inconsistent as she was? In a lot of ways she wondered if thats what Lucas was talking about... Letting herself go unguarded once again.

"Nothing drastic." She responded and gave him a smile. "Its nice to just sit here, nice to have a break from the goings, you know."

"We weren't long enough on Naboo to really take in any R and R..."

"I'm not sure any of us expected to. Lucas had a private agenda for that one..." She said.

He met her gaze. "Are you worried about him?"

"Yes." She couldn't bring herself to be anything less than honest with him, but didn't want to discuss the conversation they'd had. "I think he's going though a lot, but I can't reach him like I used to. He's guarded himself, put up a wall."

"Maybe he needs the space." Sethe grimaced at the brandy he'd gotten. "Ugh. Tastes like cleanser."

"I suppose, but If he'd only sore about Damien then he needs to work through it, not wallow. Order a new one."

Sethe did. "You'll start your training, then?"

She shrugged. "It depends on Kyp. I could try and begin in a group, but if I have the opportunity to learn from Kyp, I'd rather take advantage of that..." The new drink arrived and she made a swipe at it, wanting a sip before him. He pulled it away and raised his eyebrows in the direction of her abdomen. She sighed.

"This is going to take some getting used to."
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, September 01st 2010 12:40pm    Post subject:

They left the Cafe later then they'd expected, taking a lift to the upper levels where the clubs were neater, tidy and wealthy. Even if he'd wanted to go into one of them, they were far to swank and his country-boy upbringing. His father would have found them bourgeois, his mother, needless when people were starving on backwater planets. He smiled thinking about his parents in that way. When he was younger, he'd been exasperated by there closed mindedness. after their deaths, he'd thought it endearing.

He glanced over at Tseneca as they walked along the street view, making their way back to the docking bay. She looked relaxed, a pleasant expression on her face as she walked night-owls walk prance around in their evening clothes. Her skin was dewy in the light of the clubs, her eyes shining with a fascination he knew she was allowing for herself. She really was quite beautiful, glossy dark hair, slender build. He found himself drawn to the plunge of her tunics neckline, revealing the pale edge of her collarbone and the tops of her breasts. He wanted to stop her, to kiss her on the hollow there, directly above her shoulder. Wanted to touch the nape of her neck where her hair was cropped. Wanted to breathe her in...

He shook the thoughts from his head. Even if she would accept him, the time wasn't right. Not for her, not for her baby. There were things to be taken into account, not the least the fact that her lover had died so recently. But she kept coming to him, which let him know he was useful. And he could talk to her, in an easy way, which allowed him to forget some of the things that had kept him silent for all these years.

They entered the docking bay, Tseneca chattering about the way the ship was set up, where his quarters would be, and the help she could use on some of the minor issues left over from their crash on Iego. But then she stopped dead. He was so fixated on her speaking, he looked at her confused. "what?"

"Wasn't it... This is docking bay 12, right?"

He looked at the cell, where there was, quite obviously, no ship. "Yes. Are you sure it was 12."

She looked at him, exasperated. "Of course I'm sure, what do you think?" She pulled her comm out. "SAMM?" Static. "Oh, this is not good."

The Blight Leaper was gone.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, September 06th 2010 04:25pm    Post subject:

Knowing Anakin, he would've kept the disc at the Temple, or perhaps, at his living complex in the upper senate district. But something told him, it was here...in the temple. Lucas stopped at the entrance of his Master's quarters. "What is it?" Bella snapped, sensing tension and unease from his sister. "Let me guess, you do not know his code?" The door key was simple, and most Jedi never bothered to even set a code. Anakin was part of the exception. Petty theft or privacy violation was practically unheard of, especially in a place with so many telepaths and Force-sensations. Lucas tapped the keys, the passcode was a date remotely connected to Tahiri's birthday. As the handle flashed blue, Lucas tugged on the handle. To the untrained eye, his room looked cluttered and disorganized, but Lucas noticed the carefully placing of tools and strange artificial components. He was working on something, and judging by the gold arm, it probably a new, more efficient, arm for C-3PO, the Solo's family protocol droid.

"Don't touch anything. We don't want to leave behind any kind of Force-impressions." Lucas whispered, he tried to close his eyes, to feel where the disc might've been. It came faster than he thought, almost as though someone pointed directly at it. Lifting a pair of pants, Lucas retrieved the disc and shoved it into a data socket of his data padd. Downloading the visual imagery, Lucas scrambled the majority of the message. It was permanently damaged, and now, he had the only clues of who was really talking to the freighter captain. Bella glanced towards the door, her eyes darting to Lucas. The Force-tingled, but then, it was gone.

"That was Master Dexaiaus!" Bella whispered. The Jedi was a legendary telepath, and had he been on Coruscant the night the Temple had been raided, the attackers might not have escaped with their sanity. "You don't think he-"

"No, I don't." Lucas whispered back, shoving the chip back into Anakin's pocket and tossed the clothing item back to the floor. Bella made for the door, her eyes snapped shut just as Lucas reached for the door. Her hands pushed him away, holding a finger... they waited patiently, someone must've been in the hallway. Her eyes shot open and they stepped into the hall, the coast was clear...

Isabel Pallanén-Davad First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, September 07th 2010 12:51pm    Post subject:

They'd made their way back to the escrow after nearly two hours of heated words with the hangers operations. Had the perp sought clearence to leave? The right paperwork? Data? All had been in order.

Tseneca's face was flushed.

"Okay, look, don't get yourself worked up about it." Sethe tossed his pack onto the floor of the bridge. He settled himself onto the captain's chair and cracked his knuckles, typing in key words onto the comp.

"It's my SHIP!" Tseneca cried, incredulous. "I'm gonna get worked up."

"Did you know boy children are more sensitive to their mother's emotions in the womb?" Sethe remarked in an off-handed manner. "The slightest shock could do damage to a male fetus."

She fumed. He was trying to calm her down, to make her feel better, but with the Leaper gone... ne in the hands of a stranger, she felt simultaneously as if a part of her were missing and exposed. "Sethe, I swear..."

"Oh, no, please don't do that, I couldn't handle it." He flicked a key on the board. "Now, look. Whoever this guy is is blocking most of the signal feed, but the link I placed on your ship to follow you all over the galaxy is still being read by my ships computer."

She quit her pacing and came over, leaning over the back of his chair even as he studied the screen. "So what does that say?"

Sethe made a face. "Enough to tell me your ships headed to Tatooine."
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, September 08th 2010 01:01pm    Post subject:

Coruscant was becoming his least favorite planet. It seemed every time they landed, something of interest would part each individual, and he would be left alone, with absolutely nothing to do. Jonas rolled the shirt over his shoulders and across his torso, the better part of the last two hours had been dedicated to workouts and then personal grooming. Finally, his comm badge rang. Pulling it out, Jonas noticed it wasn't who he thought it would be. "We've got a problem." It was Tseneca, and she sounded pissed. "Get to the Escrow."

"Not the Leaper?"

"Sure, if you can find it." She growled and the communication line dropped. Jonas gathered his things, and left for the Escrow.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, September 08th 2010 01:47pm    Post subject:

Jonas came on board right when she was typing in coordinates following that of the Leapers trajectory. It had been shot to the Escrow before the Sleemo had hit hyperspace... as was the glory of Sethe's tracking tech.

"You know, I'm a little disturbed by how well this beacon works... if only because you used it to follow me around." She said. despite the situation, she wasn't beyone finding the humor in it.

"Consider it an act of affection, Mesh'la. At least if that makes you feel better."

Jonas came in alone.

"Where's Lucas?" She asked, as he set his sack down.

Jonas shrugged. "He told me he had some things to take care of. I think he's with his sister."

Tseneca turned to, and sent him a message letting him know they were leaving. He needed a break from all their running around anyway. Hell, she needed one to. "Trouble in paradise?" She asked the younger man, but he made a face at her and winked.

Jonas strapped in. "So is this some crazy joke? Where's our ship?"

"No joke." Sethe boosted thrusters and prepared for takeoff. "Its been lifted, and its headed for Tatooine. My question is, how could SAMM let this happen?"

Tseneca sighed. "He's not foolproof, Sethe. I have a feeling this guy we're dealing with is not your everyday average hijacker. We're going to need to tread lightly. I also have a feeling the beacon you placed on my ship was left capable for a reason."

"Trap?" Jonas said, fiddling with the Nav computer.

"Absolutely." Tseneca responded, and the Escrow took off into Corouscants heavy atmo, and further into hyperspace.

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=593
 Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
Farmboy

Post Posted: Sat, May 28th 2011 01:37am    Post subject:

Night had laid its thick veil over the endless cityscape of the capital, bringing to life the glittering spectacle of a city that never slept. The streams of air traffic that continuously criss-crossed the sky appeared to thicken as patrons left their places of business to head out for an evening meal or a riveting night out on the town. But for the Jedi, the work never ceased and the coming of twilight signified the beginning of yet another cycle of labor. After all, the Force never slept, why should a Jedi?

At least, that's the excuse Grand Master Luke Skywalker liked to use on his wife, Mara Jade, every time he returned home late from the Jedi Temple. Of course, she never fell for it; she was too smart for that. Mara Jade was resilient and she could read his expressions and emotions better than the most experienced Jedi Master. It was scary how accurate she could be, but it was also that special bond that had caused their relationship to blossom. It was why they had fallen in love.

Despite that intimate connection, tonight would not be like any of those other nights. There would be no excuses and there would be no fallout and no reconciliation afterward. There was no time for that. For tonight, Luke Skywalker didn't need an excuse for staying late. The tremor in the Force explained it all. It had taken his breath away and it had rippled through the entirety of the Jedi Temple like a giant wave decimating a small coastal town.

Something had reached a breaking point - something he couldn't quite explain. But he could feel it; he could feel the turbulent aftershocks pouring off of the thoughts and minds of his peers...near and far. There was pain, suffering...and darkness. Darkness shrouded them all in a dangerous net that was threatening to burst forth and spread across the galaxy in a violent wave of fury. Once the bond was broken, there would be no stopping it and he feared it would thrust the galaxy into a second dark age. A vision, perhaps? He couldn't be sure, but whatever the case, Luke knew in his heart that it had to be stopped...and quickly.

Luke staggered to his feet from where he had fallen to his knees in the center of his council chamber. The door to the balcony overlooking the cityscape was wide open, the full-length curtains billowing in the wind as if they, too, were warning him of the coming storm. He knew it was nonsense and merely his mind playing tricks on him, but he was in a delicate situation and his sense of superstition got the best of him as he inched towards the open doorway.

The cool, night air whipped against his face as he stepped out onto the open portico and offered him a momentary reprieve. He gave into his wishes and closed his eyes, soaking in the fresh ambiance around him as he lifted his chin towards the stars. Things were calmer there, with time slowing down to an almost unnatural state...he could see the faces of so many he had once known...smiling faces of friends and comrades...those who had been robbed of their youth due to the destruction of war...

And still many more who had risen among the ashes to come to his aide and help him defeat a tyrannical Empire and bring peace...

...names and faces of close friends and family...and even rising pupils who would lead the next generation of Jedi Knights...

..Leia...

...Han...

...Lucas...

...Tseneca...

Those four faces flashed in tandem before his eyes before the darkness returned and swallowed them whole. It left Luke gasping for breath and leaning forward against the railing of the portico as he searched for answers. That had been no fluke - it was the Force warning him of things to come. His family, friends...and the galaxy as a whole...were in danger.

With his Jedi robes swirling in his wake, Luke re-entered his council chamber and strode with a purpose for the lavish corridors of the temple beyond. Leia and Han would be his responsibility, but the vision had also featured Lucas and Tseneca, two young Jedi under his tutelage who were close to achieving the rank of Knight in the training program. Why they appeared to play such a pivotal role, he couldn't be sure, but perhaps one of their Masters could provide him with more answers.

Hopefully his nephew, Anakin Solo, was still present on the temple grounds at this hour.

Tag: Alex
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, May 28th 2011 07:38am    Post subject:

Something kept him awake this evening even as it crossed into early morning hours. The Force was active, spiking with images and whispers, though every time he'd try to quiet his mind to listen, his father would creep back up on him. They had been disagreeing about what his career should be, and in typical showboat fashion, his father almost sold their entire company on a whim. It was amazing how stubborn he could be, just when you think it couldn't get any worse, he finds a way to out-do himself. Most of the time, it was easier to take on a Hutt's entire crimal syndicate than to sit down and have a single meal with his father. And everything that was happening with Jaina...

Anakin breathed, trying to let go of all the problems associated with his family, and tried to concentrate on what was happening. The galaxy was full of tremors nowadays, worlds were collapsing and fear was mounting all over the galaxy. Even the Jedi were unsure of what to really do. Anakin had never experienced the kind of terror the full might of the Empire could deliver, at least, until now.

He was sitting in his favorite meditation room, with organic blossoms that changed according to the mood of the Jedi. It was strange and wondrous how adept this plant was in delivering correct colors. An exotic gift from a tribe on the outskirts of the known galaxy, a token of appreciate to the Jedi and their peace-making abilities. It was odd things like this that reminded him of their real purpose, of his purpose. Anyone could manage a shipping company, probably ones fresh out of business school looking to prove themselves, even those that had decades of experience that would love to help the old Corellian General of the Rebellion.

Anakin sighed, for some reason he kept returning to his father. He opened his eyes to see the blossoms a sea blue color. It was strange, as this represented worry, not frustration or anger. As his mental guard emerged the tree began to glow in a basic yellow, no longer tethered to Anakin's emotions. He dipped his fingers into the clear water, splashing his face in an attempt to wake himself up. He had been at this a little too long. A business crises had emerged on Bakura, and Anakin was feeling a little guilty not going, instead, his mother decided to tag along. She probably didn't even know he tried to sell his share in the company...

The doors opened light from the hallway spilling partway through the entrance as the figure and presence of the Grand Master emerged. Anakin felt more comfortable with his Uncle nowadays, he was less demanding and had a more figure it out for yourself kind of philosophy. Anakin wasn't surprised the man was still around, since Zend's announcement to the galaxy, he had been around the Temple a lot longer than his Aunt might've liked. If anyone needed a vacation, it was Uncle Luke.

Anakin approached slowly, wiping the fountain's water from his face, "Good evening...." He muttered, knowing that both knew better. "Stay any longer and you might as well just move in."

Tag: Farmboy
 Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
Farmboy

Post Posted: Mon, June 27th 2011 06:32pm    Post subject:

The room in which he had finally found his nephew meditating held an ethereal glow. It was soothing and quiet, a stark contrast to the violent torrent that was traversing continuously through the Force. It had evolved from a solid rush of emotions and fear to a single warning calling quietly to him from the vast reaches of space. Luke recognized the presence and identified the anguish of Jedi Master Denora. He had only confirmed what Luke had felt earlier in the council chambers with the same names being repeated over and over - Bakura, Leia, Han...

Luke shook the unsettling thought from his mind and focused his attention on Anakin's form, his face haggard and worn, his eyes weary. Even the light-hearted tone of his nephew's voice as he greeted him did very little to bring him ease. Instead, he only managed a weak smile in return, a far cry from his usual jovial self.

"Don't give your aunt any ideas," he quipped solemnly, knowing he was failing miserably at achieving humor. "She already accuses me of being married to the Order instead of her."

He settled down on the couch with a sigh, his cerulean gaze falling on the color-changing blossoms and the fountain that bubbled beneath them. The blossoms themselves were unique; grounded deeply in the living Force, they reacted to the emotions and feelings that flowed around them, changing their appearance to reflect the mood. Even now, as Luke gazed upon them, they started to shift to a reddish tint with flecks of black scattered throughout. Red for desire, power, danger and war. Black for mystery, evil, suffering and...death.

Things were slipping faster into the darkness and Luke found that he could no longer remain silent. He placed his palms upon his knees, the sleeves of his robes covering the tops of his hands. "Anakin," he started gravely, his gaze intense with worry. "I'm not going to lie - I didn't come here just to check up on you and see how you're doing. I saw a vision and felt the ripple in the Force. Something is happening out there...something I don't quite understand, but it's slowly filling the entire galaxy with darkness."

He paused and inhaled deeply, preparing himself for what he was about to say. "And there's more..." He glanced directly into Anakin's gaze. "Your parents...they're in danger."

Alex

Post Posted: Sat, July 02nd 2011 01:50am    Post subject:

Anakin enjoyed his Uncle's company, though he could sense that something was bothering him. He was quick to convey the emotion, though what followed surprised him immensely. Anakin was left to ponder what his Uncle had said, in many ways it had been so obvious. His meditation had kept returning, no matter how hard he tried, he would keep coming back to his father. Anakin's pulse quickened, he felt the pang of guilt due to storming off when his father had confronted him about the company. The future of Solo Enterprises was supposed to be his legacy now. He was supposed to accompany his father, it was the only real reason he'd leave Coruscant on a business matter without telling anyone, and because of their current feud, he probably just up and left on a whim.

It seemed like it was impossible to balance the Order with his father, the man was difficult, to say the least. Still... Anakin breathed, he knew his father only had the best intentions, his mother had reminded him of that constantly. She worried more about their family than any other mother in the galaxy. It was strange how they all cooperated, despite the distance between them. Anakin looked to his Uncle, it was obvious he was trying to figure this all out, though Anakin wasn't sure how he could help him sort through the mess. The difference between the two of them, Anakin liked to act and figure it out as he went. Uncle Luke, on the other hand, liked to search through the Force and make a plan, move by move. If his parents were at risk, they didn't have time to choreograph the whole rescue. Still, his Uncle once had it in him to roll with the odds, like his Death Star rescue when learning his mother was on board.

And he did have a feeling his parents were in danger, he recognized that now. It wasn't difficult, though his frustrations had masked the true meaning. "And......?" He teased at the severity of the statement. "I can feel it. I don't want to believe it, but I feel it." He hadn't felt the blood rush like this, not in a long time. "We need to go. Now."

Anakin braced himself, he was no doubt about to receive a lecture about impatience and being mindful of the greater good, to feel and let the Force decide their actions.

Tag: Farmboy
 Back to top »
Ganner Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, July 17th 2011 02:16am    Post subject:

As Ganner neared, he realized the Master in front of him was one he’d known since his time as an Initiate. He bowed instinctively to the higher echelon in the Jedi Order.
“Master Ramis,” He said with respect, rising from his posture he grinned at her warm expression. “It is good to see you again.”
Master Octa Ramis was a skilled instructor during his training here on Coruscant. She taught him much and corrected him where he needed to be corrected as with other students. She ended up teaching him much of the basics in his training before Var accepted him as a Padawan. A shudder revealed itself, but it could also come off as just being nervous with his return so he didn’t disallow it.
Octa didn’t pull her hood back but smiled nonetheless in return. Ganner had always assumed she didn’t want anyone seeing her wonderful features for whatever reason, but the few times she did remove her hood, her features were wondrous in his memories.

“Ganner,” she replied happily. “It is good to see you as well.”

Ganner lowered his head, knowing what unspoken question everyone in the room were asking, save for himself of course. “I need to speak to the Grand Master as soon as possible. It concerns my former Master, Tarison Var.”
“What could be added to a dead Jedi?” Ramis asked, concern and a bit of impatience hinting in her voice, curiosity to hear what Ganner had to say as well.
Ganner drew in a cool breath, he couldn’t beat around the bush if he was going to see Master Skywalker anytime soon. He exhaled and calmed himself, “He tried to convince me to turn to the Dark Side on Phindar, and he, as with myself did not die on that world.” Ganner lifted his head up and looked into Ramis’ baby blue eyes. “He used dark powers on Phindar, that of what I’m assuming would be of Sith origin, and his word were of a Sith, Master Ramis.
“He murdered my family on Nar Shaddaa weeks after the War ended, and I have been trying to find him ever since. I realize now I can’t do it alone, and I would enjoy to speak to the Grand Master to arrange my coming back to the Order.” Ganner bowed his head again to close his statement and request, waiting for her reply.

Octa contemplated this for a moment, before placing a hand on his shoulder, “The Grand Master is still here, and will likely greatly enjoy seeing one of his students have returned from the Force.” She loosely cooed the final line of the Jedi Code, There is no death - There is the Force. Ganner welcomed the change in terms, returned from the dead, strongly and followed Master Ramis to a communications hub where she could contact the Grand Master. He took in the sites while he went, the marble stonework, the elegant pedestals and columns. He smiled in remembering memories of a fourteen year old. It was good to be back.

Tag: Farmboy, Alex
Ganner Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Ganner Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, July 18th 2011 11:19pm    Post subject:

As it would turn out, Ganner wasn’t allowed in the communications hub due to his still questionable motives by the officers in the hub. Even though Octa Ramis assured them that her former student—as with many other eight year old initiates of the past—could be completely trusted and explained the situation to Ganner‘s exact description. The officer, obviously not Force-sensitive like many other of the standard security forces, chose to pay heed to the side of caution. Not wanting to create a scene, Ganner gladly accepted an escort to the mess hall so he could wait for Ramis to make the connection and arrangements. Master Ramis made a cunning and clever argument for Ganner to keep his lightsaber, of which was just one on a list of many things that the security officer wanted to confiscate.

Out of everything he had entered the communications hub, only his lightsaber, comlink and the clothes underneath his robe were the only items to remain in his possession.

So here Ganner sat, on a cool stone slab supported by two other stones beside a wooden table with a durasteel core. Deceptive was the point of it, blasters could burn their way through wood with surprising ease, even setting them on fire in most firefights. Having a durasteel core in the center of the table made it much more useful as cover, aside from the catching on fire part. Ganner assumed that it was to throw attackers off guard, get them to think they could burn right through the Jedi’s cover, when in fact all they were doing was making it very hot and making them lose a lot of ammunition.

Ganner tapped his fingers impatiently on the table, though quickly abandoning that little motion to avoid tensing the troopers watching him. Then a figure caught his attention, and he caught the attention of the figure. The human approached dumbfounded, and Ganner couldn’t help but smile at the fellow Jedi and stood. The two approached each other cautiously, considering he’d been dead for twenty-two years.
They stood a meter apart from each other, staring at each other with smiles quickly turning to grins. Ganner pushed the whereabouts of the troopers guarding him aside and didn’t care what they did. Another step and Ganner noticed a joyful tear falling down the woman’s cheek, her deep blond hair brought back memories of her instantly. She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her left ear, quickly shifting her hand to do the same to the right ear.

Her brown eyes lit up, though they had some measure of worry that Ganner might not be real but just a cruel, Force-assisted prank, one that would likely lean someone to the dark side. But Ganner reinforced that he was indeed real with a strong sense of calm emanating from his body.
“Ganner,” she croaked, traversing the final meter separating them in a single stride and wrapped her arms tightly around his upper body. Ganner might assume she’d been using the Force to make the hold tighter since he was now having trouble breathing. Or maybe it was just her appearance: shoulder length blond hair, brown eyes that were just the right size—not too big and not too small by his standards, lips of the right size by the same standards as well. The bridge of her nose was thinner than most, but delicate all the same. Her figure had changed drastically since he’d last seen her, of course with all things considered that was twenty-two years ago, and they were both in their preteens when they‘d last met. Her stomach was smoothly flat, but not anorexic looking. Her breasts were full and seemed about the normal. She wore a gray top with short black sleeves that loosely traced her figure. Similarly gray trousers with deep blue strips on the outer seams. On her tan belt was her lightsaber, if Ganner hadn’t noticed the emitter on the tip of the hilt, he would have thought of it as a speeder-bike grip, which is what it was obviously made from. She’d grown up so much in twenty-plus years… She looked up at him, being slightly shorter than Ganner was, her brown irises dilating to a change of light. He shuddered at the sound of her voice, “Ganner Soto.”

“Sintel,” Ganner wrapped his own arms around her waist and drew her close—a maneuver to which she didn’t protest to. “Sintel Wran.”
Sintel looked like she was taken aback at the sound of his voice, sounding worn and perhaps a little rasped. He inwardly cursed himself, but took it back after her smile opened a little more while she looked him up and down. That made Ganner feel somewhat awkward, seeing as how he knew how he appeared. He had a white wrinkled cotton shirt beneath a black jacket that had it’s collars popped. He hadn’t shaved in a week and his jaw was lined with hair that matched what ragged, unkempt hair he had on his scalp. It wasn’t as long as Sintel’s neatly kept hair, which she loosely had pulled back into a ponytail, but it was enough to drape the top half of his ears. His trousers were just plain black trousers, cheap is all they have going for them. At least they had room for him to sit comfortably in them.

Sintel and Ganner pulled each other tightly to one another, squeezing all the tension and two decades of absence away. “I thought you were dead,” Sintel whispered to his ear, some remorse touching her words and emotions.
“I might as well have been,” Ganner confessed, trying hard to not explain the situation to her. That was for the Masters to take heed to, not an Initiate—in fact. “A thought just struck me,” Ganner pulled away. “What position do you hold in the Order now?”

Sintel smiled. “Knight.”
“And you said you’d never make it to Knighthood.” Ganner reminded her of a conversation they’d had when they were still Initiates.
She smiled broadly and nodded. “I still can’t use telekinesis,” she said. Ganner remembered it was because she couldn’t lift anything with the Force that she felt like she’d never become a Jedi. “But I’ve found I have other abilities.”

Suddenly a wave of energy pulsed between Ganner’s shoulder-blades and made him jolt from the surprise. She brought her hand around from behind his back and residual sparks danced between her fingers. She innocently tilted her head to the side.
“Electricity,” Ganner concluded. He looked her in the eyes. “It suits you.” He gestured to the table he had been sitting at what seemed like hours ago and they separated to sit down, and catch up after so many years while Ganner waited for Master Ramis to contact Luke.

Back to top »
Ganner Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, July 19th 2011 03:41am    Post subject:

Ganner listened intently to Sintel as she explained her abilities and her missions as compensation for him telling her where he’d been—discounting the portions on him murderously, but justly, searching for Tarison Var to defeat him before he could murder others. The ends justify the means, he was reminded of how wrong that was. All he had said, however, was that Tarison had died on Phindar, which was true enough and he had no place to turn until now.
Sintel held her composure flawlessly even as she recounted the proceedings of his funeral. “I cried,” she kept her emotions tightly bound to not lose the control she had trained up. Ganner couldn’t help but feel sorry for her. “I didn’t hold feelings of revenge on the Empire if you’re thinking that.” Sintel shook her head and closed her eyes to calm herself, this was pretty emotional he could tell. And the fact was he had been thinking that she would turn away from the Jedi because of her friend’s supposed death. He likely would have done so if he was in her perspective and didn’t have the control she had.

Truth was that he had skirted close to the Dark Side during his search for Tarison, he was lucky to not have succumbed to it. He placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it reassuringly. “You did well with what you faced, Sintel,” she opened her eyes. “I’m proud of you.”
Her face was impassive for a moment, then her smile returned and he was reminded of the first time they met.
It was a sort of preliminary instruction on Coruscant twenty-six years ago, Sintel and himself were paired together to practice opening themselves to the Force; shakily and with some giggling, the majority of the ten-plus-or-minus year old children in the lesson had accomplished the task, including Sintel. Ganner on the other hand was having trouble, and it was because of Sintel’s childish perspective of the Force that he was able to interpret it into instructions that allowed him to connect to the Force for the first time, under conscious thought.

A year after that he was sent to Yavin IV, where he met Sean Tavell, just a young kid at the time, and had a similar learning experience from him, except in the form of lightsaber training. Amazing what a little runt like Tavell could do, suffice to say he enjoyed Sean’s company. Shortly afterwards Sean was accepted as a Padawan to a Master.

He didn’t see Sintel until he returned to Coruscant to complete his Force training a year later, where they were able to speak for the better part of entire days for six months. For a twelve year old and an eleven year old, they were pretty close. Even today it was apparent. Several were disciplined for teasing the two, nothing physical, but something equally as torturous to preteens. Lectures.
Then Sintel had to continue on without him when he was accepted by Tarison Var. It was a hurtful goodbye, since it was the beginning of a period of twenty-four years of absence when they left for missions against the Empire. Two years after their goodbye word spread that he had died on Phindar. He could tell, for a thirteen year at the time of his death, it would have been extremely difficult with how close they had been.

With the way she acted, even flirted, it seemed like she had a lot to catch up on. He couldn’t give in to a relationship at this time, however, since he still had a mission to complete against Tarison Var if the Grand Master allowed it. Besides, Ganner didn’t even know if that’s the route she was heading. She could just be flirting for old times sake. By all means, it was better than the usual crush scenario where the boy gets punched in the arm so often it would practically fall off. He lowered his head and his smile dimmed. He couldn’t distract himself, all the paths were open to him. He could possibly be reassigned to the Temple to assess his abilities and his place in the Force, or allowed to continue his search for Tarison with Jedi support. Either way, it was doubtful Sintel and he could get anywhere but harmless flirtations. That was when he realized that he’d missed half the conversation they were having.

After a moment of concentration he was able to get back into the conversation. Sintel was telling him how she had been just about everywhere with her former Master Ramis. “Ramis?” Ganner asked somewhat surprised. “Your Master was Octa Ramis?”
Sintel blushed slightly. “She was the one who told me you were here,” she shifted her weight on the stone slab beneath her. “It took some doing but she conceded.”

Ganner smirked. “Persuasive as ever.” He looked around, finding a chrono he could use to calculate the time. Thirty minutes had passed since he’d entered the mess hall. It must not have gone well. Ganner buried his head in his hands in a tired groan. Sintel stood from her seat across from him and a moment later she was sitting next to him. Arm wrapped around his shoulders she asked, “What’s wrong?”
Ganner looked upwards and sighed, “I was trying to get an audience with Master Skywalker, but it doesn’t seem like that’ll happen.” He stretched his face downwards with his hands, forcing his eyes to open unnaturally wide before he let go and it snapped back into place.

Right on cue, however, Master Ramis appeared behind them. “I’m sorry, Ganner,” she shook her head. “Grand Master Skywalker has just left shortly before you arrived. Unannounced I might add, though with his stature, it will go unquestioned. He knows what he’s doing.”

Ganner nodded and stood genially to face and bow to the Master. “Then I will wait aboard my ship until he returns.”

Master Ramis shook her head and her eyes beaded at him harshly. “You will not do as such. We will have quarters for you made available within the hour.”

Ganner smiled at how harshly she tried to make that joke sound, he truly was, unofficially, part of the Order again. “At once, Master.” Master Ramis called off the escorts ensuring he didn’t cause trouble, and he and Sintel continued their discussions with Octa. For now, his discussion with Master Skywalker would have to wait, as reluctantly as he would have liked.

(Just letting you know Han/Farmboy, I’m moving this forward in time to after your discussion with Alex and after your departure. Not as an I’m impatient thing, but because I figured out a new way to take this Ganner plot. Just so you don’t feel like I’m being huffy-puffy. Cheers!)

Back to top »
Ganner Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, July 22nd 2011 01:55am    Post subject:

Ganner had slept uncomfortably the previous night. Dreams of the events on Phindar had haunted him for years since the events had taken place, reminders of his failure to defeat the Sith even though he know it would have only ended in his death. A sweat on his brow was wiped away with Ganner’s sleeve. He wasn’t in traditional Jedi robes, just his regular attire he had become accustomed to in his journey of justice. His breathing was steady but heavy, his emerald green blade casting harsh colorations to his left arm and darkening recesses in his clothing. Green met violet in an awkward position behind Ganner’s back, an impromptu defense position to block his foe’s attack.
He exerted his arms to his front, pushing the attacker’s blade safely from his body. Ganner stopped his blade when it was parallel with his line of sight, twisting his ankle to the side to make a clockwise spin towards the attacker behind him. After making a semi-circle, his emerald blade struck Sintel’s violet blade and they held there for a moment. They were each breathing as steady as they could, but they still huffed heavy breaths.

Sintel’s hair was a darkened blond color with sweat matting it to her forehead. Her brown eyes were intense with calculating possible attacks from Ganner, the calculations augmented assistance from the Force, even as Ganner was doing the same.
Ganner cracked a cocksure smirk and pushed himself away from Sintel. A few meters away from her, he lifted a handful of bead-filled cloth spheres from the sidelines into the air with a gesture, and sent them hurtling towards her. She sliced through three of the fast-moving projectiles and dodged the last two with a carefully executed spin.
The world around Ganner flashed blue like a blue-tinted flash bang grenade, but with his senses he saw the attack and brought his lightsaber to bear and let the blade absorb the lighting; attracting it like a lighting rod. He counted to three, waiting for the moment to strike Sintel while she recovered from the heavy use of the lighting.

On the final count he leapt into the air towards the woman, he came up in front of her and brought his hand up to her chest. In a blink of an eye, she was in front of him and then ten meters away, her feet firmly planted on the side of a marble pillar for a mere moment before leaping towards him. He brought his saber up to deflect Sintel’s saber, but that attack didn’t come. Instead she came in lower than he had perceived and used both legs to kick him onto his back. His head hit with a thud on the durasteel flooring.

An alarmed sense from the back of his mind forced him to bring his lightsaber in front of him. He opened his eyes just in time to see the blades strike again and hold once more. Ganner and Sintel held there for a few moments. Her legs at either side of him while she tried to bare down on him. His single-phase lightsaber was set to it’s lowest training setting as with Sintel’s.
Their teeth were gritted, but she had the better vantage point to drive her blade closer and closer to his face. Any closer and he’d need bacta to heal burn wounds.
“Remind you a lot of our first training exercise, doesn’t it?” Ganner asked smugly, remembering the dull parrying training many years ago.

“Not even faintly,” Sintel replied through her gritted teeth, but now she wore a smile. Truthfully it was a very, very dull training exercise. No foot movement in the least, let alone bouncing around in advance exercises, simply two people standing at saber’s length from each other getting the hang of using lightsabers.
Ganner felt her attention shift from him to someplace deeper in her mind, digging up the memory he assumed. He didn’t need to assume any further, even though it was a truthful inquiry, he’d achieved the distraction he was hoping for.
With a shove with the Force, she went flying once again, but she didn’t fly away without leaving something behind this time. His body crackled with lighting and he hurt painfully. Nothing bacta couldn’t heal, and he did get permission for a no-holds-training-saber-only match. So as long as she didn’t keep it up more than he could handle as a living person, the Masters watching didn’t need to intervene unless angered emotions or death was imminent. Ganner recovered from the attack and jumped to his feet. Sintel must have had another ability he didn’t have, since she was right in front of him with Force-augmented speed. Before he could realize once again he was on the ground once more with Sintel on top of him.

The Masters called it a draw from there, the fact was the duel had been going on for the better part of twenty minutes. Ganner’s lightsaber was at her midsection while her saber was at his throat, both areas heating up like a sunburn and the faint smell of burned hair and clothing was beginning to reach both of their noses. Ganner deactivated his lightsaber and a split second later Sintel’s violet blade disengaged as well.
She placed weight on his pelvis when she relaxed, triggering a distant pain from when he’d faced off with a now dead green pig-human-like species he couldn’t recall at the moment. There might still be an indentation on the walls of that Tatooine Cantina from their fatal brawl.

He and Sintel both panted heavily from their fight, she crossed her arms over her chest and used Ganner as an improvised bed, panting in synch with Ganner’s ragged breath, their grasps loosened and their lightsabers rolled out of their hands. Soon enough they began to catch their breath and Sintel rolled off Ganner in the direction her saber had similarly rolled. One of the Ramoan Masters stood between the two exhausted Jedi. He extended a hand to each and they both took the offered assistance. On their feet with adrenaline working its way through their bodies, their legs started to shakily straighten. Ganner felt somewhat dizzy for a moment, he might have a concussion from the various blows he and Sintel had inflicted on each other.
“You are a skillful Jedi, Padawan Soto,” the Ramoan bellowed, the term Padawan clearly still in the thought-processes of the Masters. “You did well against Wran here, she is one of the many skilled duelists in the Order,” the Ramoan thought for a moment then added, “Those of which who haven’t been in the Order for as long as those such as the Grand Master and his Council.”

Such a compliment must do well for Sintel, and to Ganner for being able to last as long as he did against her. They likely could have easily kept going if the Masters observing the duel hadn’t called it a draw due to how long they had been dueling.
“Thank you, Master,” Ganner nodded. Sintel echoed Ganner’s response but with a bow instead of a nod.

The Ramoan nodded to the two, respecting each of their paths they had traveled to this point. Sintel had grown up in the Temple for as long as she could remember, Ganner could say the same for the most part; the rest of his life however was that of solitude and not communion. The Ramoan understood the differences and could assume for himself that Ganner’s nod was as equal as one who would bow. It wasn’t always the case, sometimes he nodded, other times he bowed. It was as simple as that.
The Master turned to the others, of which Octa Ramis was there as well, “I believe we have evaluated Ganner’s level of experience.”
Ganner showed genuine surprise, he had thought this was just a duel for kicks and exercise. He didn’t know they were evaluating his performance. He stretched out his awareness to the surrounding room, many beings had been watching as it were. Much of the Masters and all of the Council—save for the Grand Master, and as they discovered Anakin Solo had gone with him.

Cloaked figures closed in around him, and Sintel was shuffled away to watch from a distance as they formed a circle around Ganner. He was stunned at the efficiency of the Masters to evaluate him and conduct the Knighting ceremony. Their lightsabers sprung to life: Blue, yellow, green, violet, orange, silver all filled the room, Ganner’s heart began to pound with glee, he was becoming an official Jedi Knight. He wouldn’t need to start over on his training.
One by one the Master’s sabers began to tricolor in headache inducing patterns until they settled on one. Red. Each of their cloaks turned from their gentle browns into dark black fabrics, faces beneath the hoods of their cloaks were morphing into something else entirely, but Ganner couldn’t tell what they were transforming into until they simultaneously removed their hoods.

The weathered, evil strung face of Tarison Var was on them all. They all grinned mischievously at Ganner, who at the sight of even the tip of Tarison’s nose he had ignited his lightsaber. The emerald green blade shown in green for the first nanosecond, then blood red to his dismay, he had a weapon and that’s all that mattered. He’d defeat these clones of Tarison and move onto the next that appeared. No, slay each of them. He bent his tired knees into combat form, but they just got weaker and weaker. His body began to crack, his skin paled and sagged with age. Tarison laughed with such evil intent it sent shivers down Ganner’s rapidly aging spine. Then a flash and Sintel appeared before him, she made him relax slightly before he realized that Tarison was still surrounding them both.
She shook her head, ran a smooth hand along his cheek, she looked on him fondly and saddened, “We could have defeated him together.” Then with an anguished scream that shook Ganner to his core, Sintel disappeared and reappeared a second later with her arms crossed over her chest, her body lying on a bed of sticks that were burning with flame.

Tarison appeared behind Ganner‘s shocked self—his currently aged self—and he smiled with a mouth full of sharp teeth that was inhuman and monstrous, “Find who you want, be with her. Fight what you desire, don‘t be with her. It won‘t matter,” Var hissed, pacing around Ganner in a menacing circle while he spoke. “Do what you will, whatever you chose conscious or unconscious. You will have attractions just like any other Jedi who breaths the word compassion, and I will use all who are close to you, whether you know or not,” Var centered himself back behind Ganner, who’s fists were quickly beginning to clench around his lightsaber. Tarison leaned in, and heavily and sinisterly whispered, “To strike at you, my apprentice.

No!” Ganner screamed, spun his saber around and lopped the head off Tarison’s shoulders. But in his hast, he didn’t realize who he had just beheaded. Sara.

Ganner screamed, his body leapt out of his bed and he found himself on the floor of his Temple quarters. His body soaked with sweat, his body extremely warm and his breathing heavy, heavier than any of the dreams he‘d had with Tarison in it; he hadn’t even expected it this time. His dreams hadn’t been that real in a long time, he hadn’t even noticed his lightsaber in his hand. Ganner frantically looked around, seeing everything in his quarters were in their place. Nothing had been sliced in half, nothing had holes in it, he even had all of his limbs intact. It had been the most surreal dream he’d had since Phindar. He realized it was now early morning Coruscant Time, and he’d had his eight hours despite the nightmare. Shaken, he stood from his bed and dressed himself in his usual attire. He’d just gotten his pants on when someone rapped his door, something akin to someone pounding to wake someone else up from the other side.
“Wake up we’ve got saber practice like you promised last night!” Sintel shouted from the other side.

Groggily Ganner rubbed his eyes clear of crust and opened the door.
“Crap you look terrible,” Sintel gasped.
“Thanks.”
“Sorry, bad night?” Sintel apologized and quickly changed subjects.
“Horrible. Let’s get some caf first,” Ganner shrugged off while he pushed his arms through the sleeves of his shirt and then jacket, trying to forget the nightmare he’d had. Trying to forget the words Tarison had whispered in his sleep.

Back to top »
Ganner Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, July 27th 2011 10:31pm    Post subject:

Ganner panted from his duel with Sintel, sweat dripping from his brow, neck and chest; soaking his hair and shirt with it.
“That,” he said while catching his breath, “I have to admit I didn’t expect you to be that good.”
“Thanks for the vote of confidence,” Sintel grinned sarcastically. “For a Padawan, you’re not bad yourself.”
“I do what I can,” Ganner sighed, still hurt by still being referred to as a Padawan despite his skill set, but didn’t give it another thought. He couldn’t continually reflect on his title whenever someone referred to him that way. Shaking his head she brought himself back to reality.
He realized that the duel worked out similarly to his dream the previous night, the only difference was that other Jedi occupied the room and dueled with others of their rank, below and above their rank as well. Similarly, he hadn’t seen any Masters observing him. A hand was placed on his shoulder and Master Ramis spoke, “An entertaining duel, Wran. Soto,” she turned to Ganner solely, “may I speak with you, Soto?”

Ganner nodded to Sintel and Ramis, then followed the Jedi Master’s led towards a corner of the training room. Shouts, taunts, laughter and lightsaber strikes could be heard throughout the chamber, resounding in echoes as Jedi dueled one another. When Ramis and Ganner arrived at the corner he was led to, Ramis pulled her hood back revealing her shoulder length black hair that was rarely ever seen.
“Ganner, I have spoken with the other Masters during your duel,” she began. A chill ran down Ganner’s spine, they had been watching and assessing him. “Today you showed skill in using both the Force and a lightsaber.”
Ganner bowed in respect, mainly to hide the worried expression his face held, “Thank you, Master Ramis.”
Ramis continued, “We are willing to count it as part of the Trial of Skill, Sintel is a very skilled Jedi Knight.”

Ganner was silent for a moment, trying to match up what Ramis was saying to it‘s meaning: We are considering you to become a Jedi Knight.
“I,” Ganner managed to speak, “don’t know what to say.”
“If you are willing, we can discuss this further later.”
“Certainly,” Ganner replied.

Master Ramis nodded, donned her hood once more and departed.

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Wed, October 05th 2011 05:01am    Post subject:

Kyp sighed trying to forget the tragic events on Bespin. Too many had been lost in the attack and not nearly enough saved. Too add to his annoyance he had lost all communication with the Blight Leaper for the duration of his journey in the refugee transport.

The people of the Republic and her allies would be distraught but also edging ever closer to the war path. This enemy would not be reasoned with. Death was unfortunately the ultimate solution. Zend would pay, this much of he was sure of.

The run-down and bulky transport landed with a resounding thud in what he assumed was the Jedi Temple. After dropping off the many other passengers he had made sure that the pilot, a Devaronian male, landed at the Temple.

With a pop-hiss the cargo bay opened to an armed contingent soldiers. The entire Republic had gone into high alert since his last visit. Once the soldiers recognized Kyp they lowered their weapons and ushered the pilot off the landing pad after a heated argument about payment. Needless to say, he should be grateful that Kyp didn't turn him in for forged shipping licenses.

Jane was ushered off in another direction from him, per his orders. She glanced at him, confused, but eventually gave in and followed her armed escort. She would be taken care of here. He hoped that he finally delivered her from danger.

Within every hall Jedi spent time honing their skill. They had been told to double their efforts in the wake of destruction on Bespin. The last thing they needed was something like that to happen here.

As he passed through the hallways he either saw padawans whirling their lightsabers about or sitting in deep concentration, perfecting their connection to the force. So much had changed since his days on the swampy moon of Yavin 4.

Before long he entered his own room and went for his stash of lightsabers. They had been collecting dust for the longest. Each being built over the course of many years. He opened a wooden chest and pulled free a black brushed durasteel saber and a silver one as well.

One held a blue crystal and the other a green. He would have to replace his own saber as well as Tseneca's, when he finally met up with her again. For now he clipped each to his belt and walked out to study the Vigilance.

Quicky post. We'll meet up sooner or later, I'll have to think about whether or not I have something to take care of or not.

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Wed, October 12th 2011 01:07am    Post subject:

The Vigilance again had been lucky enough to come back to it's home in one piece. It was nothing short of a miracle considering his current luck. He ran his hand up the smooth milk white starboard plating and all the way back to the engines.

Tucked conveniently underneath one of the engines was the tracking device planted by his mysterious attacker. He had gone for quite a long time without an encounter and began to think that the problem had sorted itself out. With a tug of the force Kyp removed the device and crushed it into a neat sphere. Enough of that little problem.

Kyp turned abruptly and entered hopped into the Vigilance. He was headed back to the Outer Rim. The Blight Leapers had been separated and he sensed an overwhelming sense of foreboding. He was glad that Jane was safe now and would not have to deal with his problems. Lucas was unreachable, both in his connection to the force and by standard communication. However Tseneca, on a distant planet, the Blight Leaper's captain and his padawan, wanted to be found.

No need to move the thread, I'll be posting that the Vigilance "auto-pilots" back to the Temple when I make my next post.

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ganner Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, October 19th 2011 01:50am    Post subject:

It had been some time since he had completed the Trial of Skill, and in that time he had completed the Trial of Flesh and the Trial of Insight. He was well on his way to completing the Trials and becoming a Jedi Knight, but many inside the Temple were worried about Ganner’s quick succession of the tests. Ganner had to relearn patience for their decision to postpone his next suggested trial, the Trial of Spirit, until they assessed him thoroughly. Sara had been appearing more and more in his dreams as of late, some foggy and distant, while others were sharp and whole. Something about returning to the Jedi reminded him of her, perhaps because he used to think about her a lot, how his younger sister was doing and such.

Ganner shook his thoughts aside, sitting across from Master Ramis on a balcony in the cool Coruscanti night. Ganner could feel the life around him, vivid and diverse in all. Life scurried from one place to another, staying in places for a time then moving on in a constant, perpetual web that encompassed the planet. Ships with dozens if not thousands of lives orbited the planet, buzzing around like flies hovering over a meal, before diving in and out like sewing needles.
He couldn’t help but smirk, when he had first opened himself up to the Force and it’s life he was frightened, didn’t know how to shut it out at the time. Now he can open and close the door with as much ease as opening and closing his eyes.

“Ganner,” Master Ramis said, Ganner could barely hear her with his mind elsewhere, she seemed miles away. Once he pulled back he could hear her and remembered she was only a meter apart from. “Something is disturbing you, it has been for some time.”

“Forgive me, Master,” he replied. “I feel Var growing more powerful by the day, I feel more threatened than ever before by his presence in the Galaxy, and I can’t do anything to stop him right now. I haven’t made any progress in stopping him in twenty-two years. It’s getting to me, Master.”

“You have made progress, Ganner, in telling me and thus the Council on Var’s fall. You have made progress in returning to us for guidance. When the time comes, you will have the Council against the Sith. But I sense something else is disturbing you, Padawan.”

Padawan was just one of many on a list of things disturbing him at this time. “I believe I felt Var when the lives on Bespin perished, it was his doing and I can’t live with the thought of him living to kill more innocents any longer.”

“Patience, patience is key to winning the battle with Var—”

“We don’t have time!” Ganner snapped, standing on his feet in an instant filled with protest. Ramis stayed on the ground with her eyes closed, but her attention fixated on him. “Var and the True Empire are murdering thousands and the Jedi have done little to help the Republic or the Union! We’ve been at war for a month and the odds are against us.”

In a second Ganner was snatched up from his feet and placed firmly on his rump in force.
“The Council will decide, if Jedi rush to war in hast, it will be a repeat of the ancient Mandolorian Wars which led to an even bloodier conflict afterwards.” Ramis referred to the information found easily inside of the library within the Temple. “Patience is key, or all is lost.”

Ganner considered this for a moment, then relaxed. This was the first time since Var’s betrayal that he had relaxed and slowed down, he wasn’t used to not actively searching for the Sith. He breathed and spoke, “Forgive me, Master Ramis.”

“No trouble, we all are troubled by the War and are waiting for the correct time to officially enter it, it just takes—”

“Patience.”

“Yes.”

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, October 27th 2011 02:45am    Post subject:

Sara was taken to this room within the Temple, she could dimly feel Lucas elsewhere in the building but there was so much more in the Force in this spot alone. It seemed almost raw in places but refined in others. Knight Wran had exited the room, but she could feel another being with eyes prying on her. Time began to tick, seconds turned to minutes, but thankfully they didn’t turn into hours. She closed her eyes and meditated to pass the time, it seemed that these were the only times she was able to meditate anyways.

Shortly afterwards the door opened and Knight Wran entered again, this time with a man who was in his late thirties and not in traditional robes, but he was streaming with the Force. He studied her closely, then with the Force she could feel him probing her, but it wasn’t a casual scan like others, it was thorough.

“Your name, miss?”

“Soto,” she didn’t hesitate in telling the man, who in this light she could tell he had prickles of hairs along his jaw line. “Sara Soto.”

He turned to the Knight, Sara could feel distaste coming from him. “How much did you pay her to say that, Sintel?”

“I didn’t!”

“Excuse me, I’ve got other places to be. She’s strong in the Force I’ll give you that, but get someone else to evaluate her. You know I’m only a Padawan.” Before Sintel could reply, the man was gone.

Sintel turned to Sara, “Sorry about that, he’s had it rough…um…we’ll have one of the Masters evaluate your sensitivity, I can feel you’ve had some training, correct?”

Sara paused, then nodded after a moment of thought, “Yes, I’ve had some training from Sean Tavell, who was that guy?”

Sintel looked hesitant, and didn’t give her an answer for a silent moment. “His name’s Ganner. Just Ganner.”

Sara snorted, “Small galaxy. My brother’s name was Ganner.”

Sintel looked hurt, then replied, “I wouldn’t doubt it. I’ll find a Master to evaluate you right now, just hang tight—”

Sintel, Ganner,” the overhead intercoms sounded. “Bring Padawan Davad’s guest and yourselves to the Council Chamber.

“Copy that. Come on, let’s get going, Sara.”

Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest

Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, November 01st 2011 01:54am    Post subject:

The wide open halls of the Jedi Temple had never felt so towering as he roamed in search of his master. Lucas, not even so deep down, knew exactly where he was. Lucas shifted his weight, shuffled his feet and pushed the entrance pad. The doors opened quietly, slowly, as to not disturb the occupants. He was sitting on the far end, a small pool of water with random ripples. It was said the calmer the pool of water, the closer the Jedi was to perfect meditation... Anakin's skill was admirable, but nothing ever could best the Skywalkers. Lucas approached, and in his doing, watched as the waves of the pool turned to an almost violent stage.

"And so the last of the bantha returns to the herd." Anakin said, opening his eyes and breaking from his stance.

"Yes," Lucas cordially dropped to his knees, "Master- I... Uh..."

"Master, hmm?" Anakin was disinterested, "You haven't called me that in a long time. Why now?"

"Anakin, I'm sorry. I should've told you from the beginning."

"Told me what?" Lucas bent low and pulled his shirt to the side, revealing the self-engraved SITH into his chest. Anakin looked at it, then away, then back again. "It seems you have gotten yourself into a fair amount of trouble..." Anakin used the Force to pull the shirt back up, his eyes shifting across the room, "Let's keep this between me and you for now, eh?"

Lucas breathed a little easier, "All right, but there is more, enough that couldn't possibly be kept between just us."

"Oh?"

"The Sith have returned..." Lucas said, his eyes rolled back, he felt a dark energy come across him, and everything went black....

It was like he was swimming across the lakes of Naboo's Lake Country, only this time, it was an out of body experience. He was watching from above.

Next he was on the Blight Leaper, laughing as Sara brought up something H6 had said and Firi's response. Still, he was raised, overlooking.

Finally, he was watching himself enter the Meditation Room, approach Anakin. It was then he realized Lucas was no longer in control of his own body.

"I have a message for you, nephew of Skywalker." The words slithered from Lucas, his tone slipping through the room, and collected the attention from all those around. "I have a message for all of you."

Lucas could sense a presence inside of him, yet he had no control over it. He screamed, yet he was but a puppet, and someone was pulling his strings.

"We.." The words were dark, the energy penetrating all those around them, "are back." In a flash the lightsaber was called to his hands and collided next to Anakin's face. By sheer skill and affinity for the Force, had his master managed to block it in time. A cackle escaped Lucas mouth as the lightsaber turned in on itself and was thrust inwards to his own heart.

Lucas felt the dark energy leave, he screamed out violently, thrashing as Anakin dropped next to him. "Lucas? Why did you-"

"It was Lumiya." Lucas answered, "Dark Lady of the Sith. She's back, and she's coming for you. She has your father...and she wants the Grand Master, Luke, dead." Lucas felt his shoulder, blood was oozing now. It seemed Anakin had managed to stop him from making it a death strike. "Anakin, I know where she is. The Kod-"

He passed out.
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, November 22nd 2011 02:15pm    Post subject:

The Jedi Temple stood before them as they exited the speeder. After stowing Shaira's possessions at the Fury, Jase had brought them here, so Dryas could return the artifacts he had recovered. Plus, it would be a good environment to give Dryas another lesson in his arts.

Helping Shaira out of the speeder, he turned and nodded to Dryas as they headed towards the Temple. "It seems they've repaired the damage from our last visit." Shaira gasped in recognition and touched his arm. "I remember that now. It was Mandalorians, wasn't it? I think that's what I heard..." Jase nodded and gestured towards the spire he had killed the Mandalorian at. "Yes, it was the first time I had ever fought a Mandalorian."

They entered the Temple and the attending Jedi bowed in respect to the Master as he led Dryas and Shaira through. "Dryas, I trust you made sure our cyborg acquaintance did not manage to obtain any keepsakes before we arrived on Coruscant?", Jase said, referencing the artifacts.

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, November 23rd 2011 03:51pm    Post subject:

(Continues from Here.)

Dryas pulled the pack of his back and began to carry it in front of him. He had actually dabbled into the holocrons as they had made their way from Bakura, though he had also taken care to put them all back. He had even made a brief double-check of them all during their trip to the temple.

“Yes, Master Denora.” Dryas said. “I can assure you that everything is here.”

He left out, however, the part about how the cyborg had kept an uncomfortably close eye on the bag whenever he had been near it. Denora already knew that Morgan had been intent on getting his hands on one of the lightsabers, so it seemed to serve little purpose to tell him more of the same.

Expand
 Back to top »
Anakin Solo
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, December 11th 2011 01:42am    Post subject:

Most of the Jedi Council had gathered around a bed with his apprentice silently resting. Many machines and healers hovered over him, before Master Horn waved them off. He took a position, a rather unfriendly one, "How did you not know about this?" Anakin shuffled his feet, it was rare that he was caught off guard, but unsettling the entire Council, had compromised his usually cool composure.

"I took a few liberties, and let him pursue Nico on his own. I believe at the time, the Council agreed that he was ready."

Master Horn opened his mouth to speak again, but shook his head, "You're right, you're right. I'm just being.... cautious."

"And maybe not overly so, Master Horn, I should've been more aware than I am presently." Anakin answered, conceding his own position on the matter. Lucas had gone pretty far off the edge, he should've known about it.

"With your father and the war with Zend, these are troubling times." Another master, a younger woman, who rarely ever spoke. She was gentle with her words, her eyes closing for a long duration of her speech, "Young Solo," She wasn't much older, "You are pardoned in this affair, for the Sith, as self-proclaimed as this Lumiya may very well be, dwell outside of our typical vision. A methodology that has beset the entire Order before."

"Indeed," Horn said in a rough tone, "And I don't plan on letting that happen again. Anakin, I want you to take him to Kuat, his mother is anxious to see him, and I think it is best he leaves the confines of the Temple for a while. Let him clear his head and be home."

Master Ara nodded in agreement, her eyes shutting as she spoke, "Yes, he will need all the strength, both physically and in heart, to combat the Sith from his soul. In the mean time, the Order will send someone to investigate this Lady Lumiya."

"Yes, Masters." Anakin bowed, and they parted. In a slow swoop he ordered the Medic droids to begin preparations for his transfer. "And page that woman he was traveling with. Soto, Sara Soto."

Tag: Orion Carn
 Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
Farmboy

Post Posted: Mon, December 26th 2011 05:25pm    Post subject:

Luke stood outside the medical exam room in which Lucas lie unconscious with the remainder of the Jedi Council gathered around. His nephew, Anakin, was also present and appeared to be the center of attention, for he had discovered the terrible truth concerning the return of Lumiya and the Sith. Luke mentally cursed himself when the truth had been revealed - he should have seen it a mile away, should have warned the Council and taken action against it to prevent this terrible travesty. Instead, Lumiya had used her magic to fool them all and was no enjoying the luxury of success...for the time being.

The cloud of the Dark Side had been unusually strong ever since the coming of the New Year, stretching a darkened veil over everything. It had clouded everyone's judgment. It didn't help that Lumiya, formally Shira Brie, had always been a manipulative individual. Luke had learned that the hard way after becoming romantically involved with her back during the days of the first Galactic Civil War...the betrayal she had enacted upon him still stung. And now she had returned to hurt him all over again, this time referring to herself as Sith.

Despite the dire situation, Luke had to allow himself a small smile at the thought of Lumiya becoming a Sith. He knew it wasn't true. Becoming a Sith was a tall order and one didn't just become one - there were all kinds of rituals and lost teachings involved. Lumiya was only a shadow, an inferior wannabe. She would still be dangerous, but no where near as deadly as the Sith of old. Even so, she was his responsibility and he would need to deal with her. He knew that's what she wanted, but he had no choice.

Gathering his robes about him, he turned away from the meeting in the medical room and started to stride silently down the corridor. He would allow Anakin to deal with his apprentice in peace and would spare him the emotional roller coaster ride that would result in a confrontation with Lumiya. He was in a fragile state and there was no telling how he would react to her onslaught of the mind. Luke was prepared for it and knew how to counteract her magic. He would not slip to the Dark Side as easily as someone so young and inexperienced. Lumyia preyed upon such individuals and was probably even looking forward to their arrival. How disappointed she will be...

As he made his way for the hangars, he sent reassuring thoughts to his sister, who he felt residing in grief, anguish and blame and even a brief touch to his wife, Mara, informing her that he will fine and discouraging her from following. He needed to deal with this...alone.

Jase

Post Posted: Wed, December 28th 2011 01:44pm    Post subject:

"Very good.", Jase said, leading the groupthe Hall of Artifacts. "As you learn about precision and control, you will need to ensure that your mental focus is at its peak. One false move, one simple miscalculation can lead to disaster with the techniques I will show you."

He gestured for Shaira to take a seat at a bench and took a seat next to her. "Therefore, I will guarantee your discipline and focus. Catalogue those artifacts. You have ten minutes."[/b]

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » Jedi Temple
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: