Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Battlesystem Use
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » Battlesystem Use
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Mon, July 20th 2009 11:08pm    Post subject: Battlesystem Use

This will be moved to the Holonet after the tests are done, and it will be added to as things go on. Things in here may change completely by the time we're done.

Prior to starting, the parties involved will be talked to over MSN or PM. General strategies and forces will be talked about. After both sides have finalized (no more changes), intelligence will be shared to each side, and the thread will be posted.

Objectives in the battlesystem work a little differently than what you might be used to. There is an ultimate objective, which is your goal, then there are sub-objectives which need to be completed to be achieved. These sub-objectives indicate what you are guaranteed to do. For example, you may receive an objective "Break into the ship." This means you can do anything to break into the ship (if you want to cut into it, or if you want to do espionage; whatever's appropriate). When you complete that objective, and when the enemy completes his corresponding objective, whoever's post was composed better (taking strategy, post style, method, odds and other factors into account) will win that objective, and then both sides will receive a new objective which they are guaranteed to complete.

This continues until the ultimate objective has been reached.

Note that the objectives are strict. If you are told to "kill half of the squadron", you may not assume you can also "kill Darth Vader" or anything like that. CMAC will gladly explain objectives if you need assistance.

This is a bit difficult to explain, so please look at our test battles, which will be annotated with orange text when completed to help explain the process.

When posts are made, users may use cyan text to give instructions to CMAC (I am going to retreat, I need to talk to you., I have made moves to complete my secondary objective., etc.) that are very important and should not be accidentally read over.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » Battlesystem Use
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: