Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Thyferra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Thyferra
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 06:12am    Post subject:

Lucas was interested in the way Sara described what she saw and felt when connected to the Sarlacc, and she betrayed more than she let on. She had used the word love when she using his own name - Did Jonas feel that way? The word's source was skeptical at best, the woman didn't seem to be able to tell or even know what the hell it meant. Lucas vehemently despised the fact she brought up the tramp, the Force-sensitive who had brainwashed Jonas into pleasing her own primal lust. Lucas was ready to lash out, when Jonas intervened. "Sara, I care for you. You were one of the first I connected to, actually. I felt as though I could be who I was, and not really have to think about it. I felt like I had my own friend, and I haven't had one of those since Boots."

Lucas weighed what he was saying. Am I not a friend? Or does he consider me more than that? Sara lingered, though her feelings were easy to read, as though an open book with enlarged print. "Whatever happens, happens. I am thankful for both of you, it means a lot to jump into a Sarlacc to save my ass." Lucas once again felt like Sara was getting a little more credit than she deserved. "Valexxia did something to me, I wasn't me."

The pain shifted in Sara, at least to the best of Lucas' abilities. Whether it was a different thought or a new understanding. It didn't matter, she was so open when expressing her emotions, it was becoming a chore to keep them positive. The crew had it bad enough with Clare dead, and leading the people around them to a sort of salvation, and all she can care about is her own sloppy feelings. Lucas swallowed hard, attempting to calm the inner ping of anger. He wasn't accustomed to wearing his heart on his sleeve.

"If you take anything away, just know that I do care for you, just not in a way that I can reciprocate. I'm not sure where Lucas and I will go, but I'm willing," His eyes shifted, and Lucas caught himself staring, hanging onto each word, "To see where it leads. Ever since the night in Firi's hovel, I couldn't stop thinking about you. And you know what, I'm not afraid to face that. I'll do whatever it takes."

Lucas felt the butterflies, and for another moment, Sara was like a ghost, hardly acknowledged. It might've been intentional, but Lucas didn't care. This moment wasn't about her. "I need you to be a Telburn."

"What?" Jonas dropped expectations of a sweet reply.

"Uh," Lucas shifted, bringing a smirk about. "We need to get into the Thyferran capital, and the best act, is for me to go in... as myself... and you'll be my Telburn."

"You're joking." A playful smile danced on his face, Sara still lingered, Lucas wondering when she'd get the hint to leave. "You're not joking."

"No... I'm not. I already volunteered you."

"Great. So I'm a slave."

"They're not...slaves..." Lucas fired back, "Alisson will be heading into the city with H6, she'll pick out our...attire."

"Oh gods," Jonas cringed and rolled under the blanket. "Do I have to wear the hat?!" Telburns generally wore magnificently tall caps. Lucas snickered, he had always found them amusing when in a formal setting. Jonas groaned...using a pillow to "smother" himself...

Valexxia First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 06:51am    Post subject:

Sara had left when Jonas began to start snuffing the plan Lucas had come up with, quickly realizing it wasn’t a joke.

She felt better, she could finally leave the thought of Valexxia behind her and still be friends, cautiously, with Jonas. But the thought Lucas had planted in her head came to her, was she really onto the next guy? Trying to assert herself into Clare’s place to comfort Badim? Even if it was part of her loss of Jonas and her determination to find the one fueling it?
She felt the weight of it, feeling the betrayal of Clare again like in sickbay the night before. She leaned up against a pole to steady herself, slouching to the ground as her legs slowly gave way. She had betrayed Clare, and there was nothing she could do about it. Badim didn’t deserve what she was putting on him, and she wished Lucas had left her in the Sarlacc, where she wouldn’t have made the betrayal in the first place.

She couldn’t change that, she couldn’t change the sudden impulse to kiss Badim.

A youngling came running, tripping over one of Sara’s strewn legs, making it tumble to the ground. She instantly helped the child up, patting it gently on it’s shoulder. She let a gentle smile appear on her face, “Careful. Are you hurt?”
The young Vratix shook it’s tiny head. Sara turned to see a Vratix mother, watching the interaction carefully. She also saw a few other younglings playing. Sara turned back to the child that was still next to her, she pointed to it’s mother and friends, “Well, if you’re not hurt, why aren’t you playing?” she let an amused grin cross her face as she watched the youngling rush off into the group of playing young.

She stood from the slump she was in and returned to the Leaper. She needed to get her mind straight. She had made the advance on Badim to comfort him in Clare’s absence, to get him through this hard time. It must have meant something other than betrayal. Clare wouldn’t want to see him living in a rut, hopelessly stuck without her. No one would. They all would want him to be living his fullest every day and every night. But it just couldn’t be her, and as Badim had put it, not this soon.

Convictions First Previous Next Latest
Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 08:53am    Post subject:

Kyp found himself in a bind amongst the people who he was supposedly going to help. The Vratix were stuck in a sad fact of life. So long as there was evils there would be those who'd suffered underneath them. Damnit. "I gotta go," Kyp muttered to himself. Who else is going to keep them together when the bantha poodoo hit the fan.

Kyp walked through the camp and frowned at the poor conditions. Not for himself but for these people. As he strolled he looked over the "men" in the camp. He wondered how many would return after the assault. Most of them did not keep eye contact. They hardly acknowledged his presence. He probably had himself to blame for that. Moving through the camp in all black generally made him look like some kind of spectre here to claim their souls.

He exited the camp and spotted Badim on a nearby hill. He slowly climbed the hill and stayed away as to avoid the swings of his vibro-sword. Outside of the slashing of air Kyp found it rather comfortable up here. Kyp sat down on the hill and pulled his lightsaber from it's hook. He placed it in his lap as he quietly observed the assassin's routine.

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 11:17am    Post subject:

So that was it then. Lowry estate would be infiltrated from multiple angles, just as the bank had been on Denon. Lucas and Jonas would enter disguised as diplomats, while Badim and Sara would keep an eye from the servants entrance, working as local traders. They'd be able to contact the Vratix from there, as it was the Vratix that used the back of the house to come and go. They'd return the next day with a lay-out of the easiest way to assault.

Tseneca entered the tin infirmiry. Lucas was sitting with Jonas.

"Interrupting?" She asked, but Lucas waved her in.

"You always seem to get yourself in too deep with things, don't you?" Jonas smiled.

She walked up and hugged him. "You're one to talk Sarlacc boy." She ruffled his hair and looked at Lucas. "Did you tell him the plan?"

Lucas grinned. "It was met with more apprehension then originally expected."

"Aww, but Jonas, you get to wear those neato tight pants." She joked. Then looked at Lucas seriously. "Aside from that, we're going to spend the next few days working on armaments and training. The Vratix are amassing, the Ashern have contacted branch groups of the resistance they know to be in hiding. They'll be coming this way soon, setting up camp on the outskirts of the commune. This swampland is perfect for sheltering a small army of insectoids."

Lucas shuddered. "This is bigger then what we've done before, you know that right?"

Tseneca raised her hands up and paced a bit, free to express her real feelings about the whole thing. "What choice do I have? For all intents and purposes, these are my people, my father's people. Ren Lowry is arguably rolling over in his grave at what Dmtir has done with the Cartel. Nearly a hundred years of peace ruined in one fell swoop. And now the entire colony of Vratix has pronounced me Zressa in clicks and chortles, what could I possibly do!?"

Lucas put a hand on her back and she felt him reach out. "Breathe, please."

Jonas hoisted himself up onto his elbows. "You don't have anything to prove." He added. "You could always leave."

The silence was deafening. Tseneca shook her head, and plopped down into the chair Lucas had just vacated. "thats what I did when they killed my family. I just... left."

Another pause. Lucas set his hands on her shoulders. "You were sixteen. You survived them, what else could you have done?"

She sighed and stood again. "Nothing. Its moot. The point is, I'm going to stick this out. I'm just hoping I didn't drag you into anything unwarranted."

Both men grinned. "When have we not entered anything unwarrented." Jonas said. "We're in this."

Tseneca smiled at them, feeling warmed, then left.

Dusk was cooler, with the setting of the suns and the coming of the evening.

"Young Sen!" K'nika waddled over, her form a hazy warm pink that matched the sunset. Firi was following her, and naturally, so was Dex. K'nika took Tseneca in her embrace, making a cooing sound. "Your fairy friend tells me of your adventures. So many!"

Tseneca pulled away. "Don't praise me on adventures quite yet K'nika, its this one thats the trick."

K'nika went to tend to her young and Tseneca looked at Firi and Dex. "You in on this?" She asked, timidly.

Firi gave her a smile. "Cake walk." she said. "only taking out a tyrannical fascist government, we wont even break a sweat."

"Do you sweat?" Tseneca asked, unfamiliar with Diathim biology.

"Nope." Firi said, giggling. "Just don't make me ride a speeder with H6 again."

the two lovebirds left to settle in to their tent. Tseneca looked at the darkening sky, wondering briefly where Sethe had gotten to...
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 11:39am    Post subject:

Sethe was walking the camp perimeter, and punching in coordinates to his datapad. There was a flush spot not far from the Escrow, which would make a better landing site for the other ship.

A battle, a Seige, a resistance, a revolution. He hadn't fought this hard when his own mother had died of her sickness (he was still convinced it was heartbreak) and now he was caught once again on the wrong end of the spectrum.

"You volunteered, remember?" He mumbled to himself. It wasn't just cause he was getting a hefty fee from looking out for Tseneca, not anymore anyway. The woman had spunk, classic spunk, not just that new aged wannabe hoverboard riding sparkiness. He was talking spunk that traced its lineage back to the rebel alliance, things he'd heard about in novellas and action vids. That was... attractive.

He shook his head, thinking solemnly of those midnight blue eyes, the hands with the perfectly rounded nails, that ass in jegging pants...

Frak. He wasn't attracted to her for any of the wrong reasons, but being attracted to her was wrong in itself. wrong to the power of ten. This was Emmett's girl. His best friend's girl. No way on Hoth could he even imagine going anyway near her.

There was a glint above and he smiled, a small sinking feeling overwhelmed him as well. The case was rested. Perfect timing.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 02:11pm    Post subject:

Badim was thrown out of thought after a glare and gleam of light entered his eyes, being reflected off the hull of an incoming ship, still a ways off in the distance. Badim instantly thought of Dmtir and sprang to his feet, beginning to rush down the hill and almost tripping over Kyp. Kyp only made him stagger as he saw a flash of motion, then he was safely out of Badim’s way. He paused to look at the Jedi Master and asked, “How long have you been sit--? Nevermind!” he’d have to talk to Kyp later, briefly looking back as the dot in the distance transformed into an inverted Y, then watching as the two prongs on the underside began to rise upwards. Frak, he muttered in his head.

Badim continued to rush down the hill, seeing Tseneca looking around the commune like she was searching for someone. She turned to see Badim rushing, “We’ve got a problem, Tseneca!”

Tag: Jess
Acrid Bacta and Bloodlines First Previous Next Latest

Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 02:41pm    Post subject:

haha, nice set up Orrion, i was gonna wait, i thought you and kyp were gonna duel, but this works. thanks! :D

Badim pulled on Tseneca's arm and she turned looking above at the ship as it landed amid the trees multiple kilometers away from the commune.

"What is it?" She asked Badim, as if he had an answer. He shook his head and the two made their way along the edges of the grounds, toward the landing site. M'glik had ordered the females and young to hide in the trees, and himself along with a few of the stronger males followed behind.

Tseneca's heart was racing. If it was one of Dmtir's people there was no telling what would happen. Even with the number of Vratix present there was no more than twenty or thirty up against however many a shuttle like that could hold.

She and Badim, along with the Vratix, combed over their terrain. The ship had landed not far from where the leaper was, on one of the flat lands. She held up a light to help see in the growing dark.

Just then the group stopped as the sound of figures approached. Tseneca placed her hand on her lightsaber and doused the light, relying on the haze of dusk to hide them and allow her to see. they'd have the advantage in such a case.

The muffled sound of voices as well as footfalls filled in the silence and Tseneca peered out of their hiding. Badim was looking over her shoulder, she could feel his breath on her neck, uneasy. He was clutching his weapon tightly.

Wat, it was Sethe. The man gave a little whistle, a safety whistle letting them know it was okay. It was obvious there was he knew the landing would cause some kind of commotion.

"If this was a real incident, you'd have to hide better then that." Sethe said as She and Badim came out of hiding.

"And what sort of incident is this then?" She asked and put her hands on her hips. She hadn't noticed the second figure behind him, so she was surprised when he went to stand beside Sethe.

All of them stood quiet for a long time. Tseneca's hand had moved absently to her chest and she backed into Badim before regaining her posture. The other man looked at her with dark eyes, expression stoic and solid.

"Emmett..." She said softly.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 02:53pm    Post subject:

Some sort of buzz erupted over the Ashem camp, children were being snatched from the ground as mothers rushed to some kind of underground burrow. Lucas shifted, Jonas shot up. "What is it?" Lucas shrugged somekind of answer, his eyes darting to the comm-radio. Alisson's voice came through, "Inbound boogie. All units, prepare for direct confrontation." It was a makeshift signal, but Lucas used the Force to snatch several blasters in the room. He tossed one to Jonas, before strapping two against his thighs. Lucas rushed to the bed, letting Jonas wrap his arm around the bulk of his shoulders.

"Don't get frisky on me, we haven't really had a first date, you know." Lucas teased, and Jonas tensed in the rise. His legs were sturdy, whatever the Vratix had been feeding him, worked miracles. Jonas cocked the blaster, playing with the sight, before - "All units, the coast is clear. I repeat, the coast is clear." Lucas breathed. Gods! Alisson sounded again, "Lucas, you better get up here."

Lucas leaned to help Jonas back into the medical bed, when he held up his hand. "You kidding me? With all that, I'm coming too."

"Suit yourself." Lucas released him, and sensed the pain. Jonas moved one leg after the other, and slowly, they made their way out and into the open. His jaw dropped, he wasn't sure if he was seeing who he thought it was... he turned to Jonas and mouthed, Fink.
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 03:09pm    Post subject:

Kyp reached out to the shuttle high in the sky and searched it's interior. He felt a familiar presence. Tseneca's memory flashed through his own mind, the same as it had on Kuat. So he finally shows his face. He stood up, stretched out, and ran down the hill. He moved his cloak up over his head and grasped his lightsaber tightly in his right hand.

The Jedi Master reached the bottom of the hill and looked up to one of the guard lookouts. The scout was about to lower the alarm when he caught glimpse of Kyp on the ground. He shook his head from right to left and back again. He held up his left index finger. One moment.

A light began to materialize out of the jungle with the Vratix in the lead. Behind them Badim and the Sethe character following close behind. Kyp looked back up to the guard and nodded up and down. You're good.

He stood at a distance from the trail and pushed his hands into opposite sleeves, finger still on the activation switch. As the group drew closer Kyp thought about his choices. If it had been anyone else, Kyp would take it upon himself to be the judge, jury, and executioner. However Emmett was special to Tseneca. Hopefully he'd stay that way, for his own good.

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 03:17pm    Post subject:

Emmett. After all these years, briefly hearing about Emmett after Tseneca had mentioned him when they worked together on Baatu, now he’s seeing the man face to face. Tseneca backed up in surprise and shock, it was overwhelming for her it seemed. Searching years, countless years for him, a Gizka Chase that led her across the entire galaxy, even involving herself with Nico to find him. And here he was.

Badim knew he’d want to be alone if it were him and Clare in this position, so he assumed the same for Tseneca and Emmett. He jerked his head to Sethe, directing him to give them some privacy. Sethe nodded and moved past Emmett, but the two didn’t notice the two, or the Vratix that followed quietly leave. Badim turned to the Leaper just over from them, Sara was curiously peering out from the gangplank. After noticing Badim and Sethe leaving back to the commune she instantly rushed to follow.
“Who is that guy?” she whispered as Tseneca and Emmett began to turn and walk back to the camp themselves, passing Sethe, Badim, Sara and the Vratix without notice.

“He’s Emmett Fink.” Badim said calmly.

“Who?”

“I’ll tell you later,” Badim said, his eyes faithfully following the two, he couldn’t help but see a brighter future for Tseneca, “Point is that Tseneca can be happy again.”

They followed the two back to the camp, where the entire community and the remainder of the crew still here watched as they came in. Faces and expressions were mixed, some only briefly hearing about Emmett, some not knowing who he was at all, Badim included.
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 04:25pm    Post subject:

They had looked at each other for along time before Sethe started to urge them back to camp. It was quiet.

Once back into the commune, Sethe turned to leave but Tseneca grabbed his arm. "This whole time? It was Emmett paying you to protect me?"

Sethe nodded, a shadowed look over his face. "We served together, in the academy. Did recon on some over the outer planets. He called in a favor."

Tseneca nodded, disbelieving. Everyone seemed to be banding off though, leaving them alone, leaving them to talk. But she felt as if she was standing with a ghost, something morbid, startling.

"Sen..." It was the first words out of Emmetts mouth and she was at once both cold and warm. Seth squeezed her forearm.

"Go easy on him." He whispered to her. "What he's done, he's done for you." Then the other man left them, as all the others did.

Tseneca led Emmett to her hut, lifting the flap back to let him inside. She shivered, as if being alone with him was foreboding. He sat on her pallet, but she stayed at the entrance, back to the closed flap.

"Are you afraid of me?" he asked. His voice was soft, just as she remembered. His face was more shadowed, his hair glinted early gray. He looked at his hands and figited, though, as if agitated. Composure was lost in the moment.

"I'm wondering why you're here..." She said, beginning. "last I heard you were... working with Vera Nico."

He continued to look absently around the hut. "Is that what you heard?"

She nodded. She hadn't expected this to be so... awkward. "I did. She claimed you were playing fellow scourge of the galaxy."

"Yes, well, she's a liar." His eyes finally settled on her. He was so nonchalant. "I was running Imperial recon for Selena Krauss. Nico was the charge, and I was keeping an eye on her progress."

Tseneca considered this. "Are you still?"

He shook his head. "I deserted. Nico placed a price on your head and I subsequently vanished. I've no doubt there's a good enough charge for my capture and a court marshall to boot, but it seems moot, considering."

"Considering what?" Tseneca was bitter. "Considering you were paying others to air out your dirty laundry? Considering after all these years you never came back?"

"I thought you were dead, Sen."

His voice was deep and faltered with pain. She felt ashamed at how cold she was being, but it had been so long.

He slumped a little. "I wanted to take a troop down to the planet, After those men attacked your recon, I thought for certain... but then Issard ordered the fleet into full retreat." He was mumbling almost, repetitively.

"Emmett, you don't have to explain. I didn't mean it." Tseneca wanted him to stop, didn't want to hear it. It was too much. But he took a breath and continued, soberly.

"I wanted to come back to you, to find you. But by then, I knew it was too late and that I had missed my chance."

Tseneca relaxed visibly. She hadn't wanted to see him like this, so broken. This wasn't the same man who she'd known so many years ago, He was so different.

But he stood, and intuitively she cowered by the door. "Sen, if I'd have known..."

She looked away, and then back to him, into those blue eyes. The same blue eyes, clear and worthy. He wasn't begging, but asking, and she came forward and took him in her arms.

"I've missed you." She whispered, even as he stroked her back, her hair, her face.

He pulled away looking at her searchingly, and put his lips to hers.

In such a night, they'd become children again, in overbearing longing and knowing, once more, what was right. They made love and held each other till dawn and a little after, forgetting however many years had separated them, forgetting how much they'd changed, how they'd hardened to the worlds they faced for one night, they knew, and that was, finally, enough.
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 04:36pm    Post subject:

Sethe allowed himself to be taken away by Badim and Sara, both feeling it best to leave Emmett and Tseneca alone.

He wouldn't lie, there was a terrible rock of jealousy in the pit of his stomach, wrong tho it may be, and unfounded. But Emmett and he had been through so much together, and now he was re-united with his one and only, the way it should be, right.

"You okay?" Badim asked.

"Yeah." Sethe waved his hand, dismissing it. "We need to get on with this recon plan. Does Lucas know what he's doing."

Lucas and Jonas were sitting around a small fire, a commune tradition as the night wore on. Sethe looked at them wonderingly. they were so young.

"I don't think there'll be a problem." Badim said, and the two men took a seat beside Sara, Jonas and Lucas.
 Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 04:52pm    Post subject:

The night only grew worse. Too many unknown variables. Alisson had contacted Arlyn, and persuaded the Kuati Noble to send a transmission to the Thyferran government. The woman had worried about her son, and now, the duty of making sure he got out alive, rested on her shoulders. To make matters worse, a relatively unknown man appeared from the sky and dropped on their exact position. Was this a ploy? Was Emmett really the man from Tseneca's past, or just a fabricated illusion to pull them closer to an endgame mastered by Nico?

It was all too much, for the Human Replica Droid, and in an effort to stop the endless cycle of paranoia, she gathered untraceable credit sticks and followed H6 out of the Ashem campsite. If Lucas was acting on behalf of Kuat, he needed to look the part. His attire would be easy, but finding the correct Telbun hat would be a different story. Jonas was younger than the average servant, his skills would need to be precise and unquestioned. The boy's intelligence wasn't stellar, but it was above average...just not to Kuati standards.

H6 stepped loudly and asked if she needed a break. "No, we can walk til dawn." She didn't require as much recovery time, and the sooner they pulled this off, the better.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 05:06pm    Post subject:

Written to: Listen - Mass Effect 2 - Main Theme

Badim sat with the rest of the crew and the commune, letting Emmett set into all of them. Even though it was a surprise, they would all welcome Emmett into their circle as Tseneca would want to. Tseneca had been searching most of her life for him, trying to find and be with him again after so many years. The group was silent, only the sounds of the Vratix’s murmured clicks and the cracks of the fire were voiced.
Badim couldn’t help but let a small smile of victory cross his face. He’d only heard about Fink five years ago, briefly when the two had met on Ootman Baatu, Badim trying to kill Lodi Celis and Tseneca trying to protect the rodian.

His blaster bolt had soared over her head when she dove for cover. It missed her completely, but the rodian didn’t react and it hit it instead. She used his name as a sort of curse, to strengthen herself. Emmett help me, she had muttered aloud as she stood and nearly blew Badim’s head off.

The second time was when they formally met while on Nar Shaddaa, Dirod had hired Tseneca to assist Badim in a tough assassination. It wasn’t a special occasion, Dirod had also teamed Badim up with Morgan once or twice since they met in battle as well.

After they broke in and killed the target, a ton of bodyguards swarmed in and the two defended each other. Once the battle was thought to be over, they briefly discussed their positions in the galaxy for an unknown reason, both still young in their shabby lives and not thinking anything wrong about it. He told her about him doing all this to repay his foster parents back for rescuing him when he was abandoned by his birth parents, Julia and Janos Soilding. She told him she was only working to protect Lodi because he said he had information leading to Emmett, but she looked through the rodian’s systems afterwards to find that he was lying and was just promising anything for protection.

She worked with Badim that time for Dirod because he actually had an ear to the ground and she hoped he would keep his side of the bargain. Before he could reply, a surviving guard tried to blow a hole in her head, Badim swiftly dealing with him. She said she owed him a favor afterwards. Badim almost took it as a brash joke, until she gave him contact information she never did get around to changing. She was still young, older than him but still just entering the galaxy and she didn’t see anything wrong with it. It seemed to pay off in the long run for both of them, he and Clare would have been dead by now if they hadn't joined and gotten friends to help them out.

Dirod kept his side of the bargain and gave her the information she needed. She left promptly afterwards, no goodbyes or anything. She left to find Emmett, the two never seeing or hearing from each other for close to five years.

But here they were, and the information, no matter how big or small, probably led her to this spot in the galaxy.

But his mind returned to a familiar thought, one that reflected the situation with all life, and their coming battle with Dmtir:
Like governments, empires and fate, they were all bound to gravity, following a simple rule: What goes up, must come down.

He silently cursed in his head. Nothing bad could happen now, they were all at a moral high aside from Badim. Jonas was safe and Tseneca was finally with the one she loves. It was only him that was conflicted now it seemed.
He hadn’t noticed that there was a flurry of conversations and planning around him as he reminisced. He couldn’t help but look at the hut Tseneca and Emmett were in right now, looking just in time to see the light inside go out.

He shook his head with a small smirk on his face, being reminded of Clare for some reason. He closed his eyes, seeing her pleasured and pained smile from their night together a week or so ago.
He turned to Sethe, who was also looking at the hut, seeing the same smile Badim had worn, but something about it suggested he wasn’t liking it very much, even dimly. But he and Emmett were friends. It seemed like a slightly altered version of what was going on between him and Sara now.

He shook his head again, then pitching into the planning when necessary.

Tag: Jess That background with Tseneca and Badim okay with you?

Emmett Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 05:14pm    Post subject:

looks good :D

Emmett lay cradling Tseneca who'd dropped off a bit, then started awake, as if confused.

"Can't sleep?" He asked gently.

She rolled over and he could see her better, dark hair, now short, messy from their exertions, eyes still large and wonder-bound as they had been when both of them were young. He stroked her shoulder, bare and pale in the soft light. She was watching him, just as he was watching her.

"It's... all so strange." She said. "I've spent 20 years trying to forget my past and it all comes rushing up to me in a day. Its very unsettling."

He smilled, scratching at his beard. He knew he looked a little worse for wear, but as long as she didn't mind, there was nothing doing about it.
"Sethe told me you're planning on taking back the Cartel. Thats why I came back. To help you."

"Is that all?" She joked.

"That and you seem to have half the galaxy on your tail. Why would you take Nico on anyway? I'm not sure I approve of these friends of yours, they seem like a bad influence."

She socked him playfully. "I rest my case," he said.

"I intercepted a transmission of Nico paging you, I figured you were still alive and I could find you. And anyway, Lucas and I are in this together, not to mention the rest of my crew." She added.

He nodded. "Yes, Sethe said you were a captain... and training as a Jedi?"

The night was spent mostly like this, interrupted by flurries of love-making and then more talking. Twenty years in one night. He would stay. He would help her with her fight, he would make friends with the friends she had made. He would have her forever, just as he'd promised when they were younger. Only now, he would uphold it, wouldn't fail her again.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 06:05pm    Post subject:

Lucas skimmed over the clothing Alisson retrieved. He was fine with the colors, the suit a deep royal blue and soft to the touch. A black tie with matching shoes and comfortable socks, so Kuati. His hair was straightened, and slicked upwards to photoshoot perfection. Alisson had loved to dress him, no matter the occasion, something which lingered from childhood. Lucas waited impatiently, Jonas was taking his sweet time. Ironically, he called out. "I can't do this, Lucas."

"What?!" Lucas tried to sound serious, knowing the culture was lost to the natives of the Outer Rim.

"I look like a clown from Corulag." Jonas emerged, and it took all the energy, and probably assistance from the Force, not to bust into utter laughter. Jonas was draped in a heavy red robe, with fluffy white trimming and a large puffed-out collar. A cylinder shaped hat extended almost a foot and half off his head. The blank expression was priceless, as Alisson moved in to tweak the final touches.

"You're insulting half the Kuati culture by saying that you know," Lucas snickered, moving in closer to get a better look. "You know Corulag would better off if they had half the fashion sense our planet has." Jonas' serious tone broke, a cruel grin stretching from his face, but Lucas silenced him by the next question, "You know your cover?"

"Yes," Jonas practiced a walk, with a straight back and arms extended, fingers touching to form a sort of square parallel to his torso. "My name is Jonas Mugmoffa, a new aide to the Pallanen-Davad Estate. Your taking me out for a spin, a sort of field testing. My speciality is cooking, cleaning and the occasional diplomacy."

Lucas beamed. "Excellent."

"I hate that you volunteered me... Why couldn't she do it?" Jonas looked towards Alisson.

"She is going to be working with the defensive programming. She'll need some time to slice into any kind security feeds or automatic turrets."

Alisson chimed in, "Female Telbuns are less common off world, any ways. They are favored, and generally kept close to home."

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Jonas turned and faced the mirror, his face sliding into a worried haze.

Lucas and Jonas had used the speeder Alisson retrieved, but took a long, albeit drastic way around the city. What could've taken forty minutes, was dragged out to nearly three hours, ensuring their original location could not be traced. Alisson mentioned loads of additional details, like how long they had been staying in the city and where. Why they arrived early, and the such. Thyferra was an interesting planet, not as lush and green as Kuat, but beautiful nonetheless.

If they succeeded in restoring the rights petitioned by the Ashem Resistance, Tseneca Lowry-Fink just might find herself as a corporation ceo... she'd be worth hundreds of billions. Granted, most of the initial year would go towards contracting new licenses with governments across the galaxy, but still much more than she ever had in the last two decades. Lucas kept this thought to himself, the burden of having limitless funds only made things worse for those who didn't have any.

Zalxuc City finally appeared, and he could sense the nerves pulsing through Jonas. "Relax, you'll do fine." Lucas attempted to ease his companion, but it didn't seem to help.

"What if my accent doesn't come off properly?" Jonas seemed to be micro-managing his own concerns, and obviously, was doing terrible at it.

Lucas cleared his throat, and in a thick, noble accent, said, "Greetings, Dmtir Bakh-Lowry. I announce the delegate of Kuat, on behalf of Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad, leading Magistrate and owner of the most expansive shipyards in the galaxy, Lucas Pallanén-Davad." He paused, returning to his normal voice, "That's all you have to say, I can silence and keep you quiet for the most part. Send you to do something.... We're just there to collect as much information as possible."

Jonas groaned as they arrived at the House of Lowry. He opened the door, immediately putting the magnificent cap on his head, before taking the long walk around, to open the door for Lucas. Under his breath he muttered, "Don't get used to that."

Lucas smiled at the servants who greeted them. Turning sharply he whispered back, "You play the part well enough, and you got yourself a job!" A swift leg swipe emerged from under the red robes, Lucas nearly tumbled, when Jonas grabbed onto him. In a booming, and thick accent the Outer Rim tongue was almost completely lost, "Please!! Watch your step, Masssster Davad!"

Lucas rolled his eyes. This was going to be one hell of a freak show....
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 10:48pm    Post subject:

Sara and Badim entered Zalxuc, calmly making their way to the servant‘s entrance Tseneca had described to them. They didn‘t wear their usual attire, at least not her that is. Badim had to shed his cloak and attire for his street clothes for now. Sara couldn’t help but look at his dark blond hair, exposed and basking in the light of another day. She looked at the city around them: It was sprawling, busy and beautiful at the same time. Buildings, speeders and foot traffic populated the area. But it was eerily devoid of any of the native Vratixs, working somewhere they couldn’t be seen by the oblivious public.

There was a small incident, a vratix was running, being quickly chased by a group of security guards. Sara turned to Badim, they both certainly had the same thought to intervene and help, but it would bring attention to them and get the crew screwed before things could get screwed. They watched as a guard raised a stun blaster and fired, sending multiple rounds into the creature to stop it. People gathered, along with Badim and Sara, listening to the guard’s Excuse: “This Vratix was placing explosives on Bacta Reserves about to be sent to hospitals across the galaxy, a terrorist. But it’s now contained and the situation is defused. He will be taken care of justly, everything is fine now.”
The people believed the guard, pressing onto their normal business. But Sara and Badim knew it was rehearsed, the tone in his voice didn’t make adrenaline or victory, just boredom it seemed. Played. The guards took the Vratix by it’s arms and hauled it into a speeder that had just swooped in. They couldn’t have done anything to help, but they’ll free this particular Vratix once the assault began, to repay it for the two not being able to help it here.

Badim and Sara continued on, reaching their destination. It was just as sprawling as the rest of the city, except for the fact it was under constant guard and there were Vratix here, loading Bacta into different containers to be shipped off to different parts of the galaxy. There was a foreman with a datapad on one end, overseeing the process and movement that buzzed in this area, but he also had a blaster strapped to his hip as with the rest of the guards. There were many things that could go wrong, one being that a Vratix could end up dead from a misfire, as with the crew being surrounded from all angles.

Sara looked around the area, trying to find a location for H6 to relocate to. There. She found a circular building just behind them and within blaster range of H6’s X-45 Sniper Rifle. There wasn’t much space on the floors for him to pick from, and the roof was out of the question. But under the eave of the eighth floor was the only option. She looked at the sun above her, bringing her hand up to shield her eyes. With a subtle flick of her finger she heard a muted click, a laser designator pinpointing the destination for H6 to support them from.

A click came from her comlink, H6, waiting just outside the city for nightfall to enter, acknowledged the information and prepared.

Sara brought her hand down, noticing that the foreman was glancing at the two as they lingered in the area.
“We need to get out of here,” Sara muttered quietly, “We got the location for H6, and we know there’s a frak-load of Vratix here we need to watch out for.”

“You’re right--”

“You two!” the foreman yelled, “You Valek and Celes Storm?”

Frak, Sara murmured in her head, trying to think if they should play along or--

“No, sorry,” Badim said, gently and cautiously waving, “Just got a little sidetracked. Know where Docking Bay 72 is?”

The foreman muttered something to himself, then pointed to them where the docking bay was in agitation. The two left, then began to make their way back to the speeder Alisson, Lucas, Jonas, Badim and herself drove in on.
Lucas and Jonas were staying the night, they were going to be inside sources for them while they planned the rest of the attack. They weren’t in real danger, Lucas was a Jedi and Jonas was able to use a blaster, and H6 wasn’t too far off either. The speeder lifted off the ground and they made the long, three-four hour trip back to the commune.

She turned to Badim, scratching the small stubble on his chin that began to grow in Clare’s absence. He was thinking hard, organizing what information he had been able to gather during their brief recon.

Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Dmtir Bakh-Lowry
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, July 28th 2010 10:55am    Post subject:

Dmtir was called to the Foyer, he had guests.

He looked to minerva for explaination.

"Lucas Pallanen-Davad, My lord, and servant."

He nodded, smiling a little. It was strange Alatáriël hadn't gotten in touch with him in person and opted to send one of her bratlings instead. And no call? But then again, that was she, wasn't it? Missus high and mighty herself. It was all very attractive nonetheless...

He strode into the Foyer where the bratling jedi waited with his telburn, a slightly brawny, small boy with the cap of a Kuati servant.

Lucas Pallanen-Davad stood and bowed slightly, a gesture which Dmtir ignored. He did however, pour the lad a sharp drink from the side table.

"Well, young master Davad. To what do I owe such a... pleasure?"
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, July 28th 2010 11:26am    Post subject:

The others had come back from the city. Tseneca had been up hours earlier, and was begginning basic stationing and training with the Ashern and newly arrived resistance groups. Sethe and Emmett were handling the younger ones, able to fight, and some of the larger females. Dex had brought back (stolen?) a small cache of weapons to add to the ones the Ashern already kept at arms, not a lot, but enough for each fighter to be armed and ready against whatever they would be facing.

Tseneca waled a line of Ashern at attention, M'glik behind her, supervising the efforts.

"Its a lot, I think." He said, looking at the amount of Vratix who were excersizing battle techniques on the plain.

"Its not enough." Tseneca said. They would need more...

"But its all we've got." Emmett came up to, inspecting the group. "I will have to do."

She looked at him, his blue eyes meeting hers in a patient way, loving. He continued. "This isn't a war, Its a hostile takeover, a bombardment. Once we enter the estate and hold ground against Dmtir's forces, you assert yourself as Zressa. No one will have the ability to rebuke you as the rightful heir to the Cartel, as you are the last living of Ren's children."

Tseneca shook her head. "Its not as easy as that. My father ran Zatlin corp, and technically Dmtir has always been in charge of Xucphra. One of the organizations rightfully belongs to him..."

Emmett folded his arms. "Under such pressure, he'll have no choice but to abdicate. Even if he is backed by the Empire, its not within his right to deny you access to both corporations. The Empire would never interfere with such trivialities... The Bacta must continue to flow. Here, we're talking political pressure, an opportunity to back down quietly, the Empire wont stand for a disruption of product."

Tseneca looked at M'glik, who was listening patiently. "Once placed in my hands, I can easily revoke policies made against the Vratix... and assign a regent to the cause."

Emmett started. "Wait, you wouldn't stay here?"

Tseneca had thought about it a multitude of times, and there was no way she could call Thyferra home again. The arrival of Emmett had changed much in the way of her plans, but there was no way she could leave her ship and her crew. It was her real home. She explained this to Emmett as plainly as she could.

He looked cross. "After all this, after twenty years you'd choose to be a vagabond over controlling the Cartel, what you rightfully own? Thats... ludicrous."

She was taken aback at the ferocity of his words. "I can't stay here, I can't just leave Lucas and the others. I'd be able to forsee production from the Blight Leaper, but I have unfinished business..."

"You mean Nico? Jelahan? Those things are none of your business, what about us?" Emmett's eyes were sharp. Tseneca was unfamiliar with this side of him.

"I thought you would... join us." She said meekly. She didn't want to barrell against him in this mood.

"We're leading a resistance so you can hop back on that ship and take off. None of us are getting any younger." He paused, "just as stubborn as you always were."

This made her angry. "What make you so sure you know what I always was? A child who followed you through a drainpipe, a teenager who ran away? Where were you when I had to be stubborn to save my own skin, huh? Its stubborn that got me here!"

"What choice did I have!" His voice raised. They were yelling at each other now. "you think being a lackey under Zend was easy!? I couldn't just leave, and then when I found out you were alive..."

"You paid Sethe to look after me! I'm nothing but a child to you! You have no idea what i've been through, you have a lot of nerve coming in here and telling me how to live my life!"

"I thought it would have been a no brainer, even for you!" He shouted and turned on his heel, storming back down the plain.

"Whats that supposed to mean!? Hey!" She yelled back, and tossed of a stream of curses. She whirled back toward M'glik, who was clicking his mandibles, a soft shade of awkward purple. "Run them through drills." She barked at him angrily, and walked away looking for a place to cool her heals.
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, July 28th 2010 11:41am    Post subject:

Sethe looked up from working with on of the Female Vratix on the proper hold of a bowstaff; there was shouting up the hill. It was Emmett and Tseneca.

"Excuse me." He left the Vratix to practice and met Emmett halfway down the hill. "What was that all about."

Emmetts cheeks were red, and his brow furrowed. "She's not staying on Thyferra! after all this, she's leaving!"

Sethe matched Emmetts heated pace. "Well, did you honestly expect her too? After all this time?"

Emmett looked at him. "Not you too, don't"

"Well, i'm serious." Sethe raised his hands. "How do you ask a seasoned spacer to stay put after twenty years of high-tailing it to all corners of the galaxy?"

"She needs to stay put, stay safe! she already has a bounty on her head in over twelve systems."

"But who are you to come in after all these years and tell her what she needs?" Sethe stopped his friend from walking and looked at him seriously. "Emmett, this isn't the same girl you rescued so long ago, shes a different woman. She's hardened, grown. You can't ask her to leave behind her life, her friends, her family, so you can protect her. She doesn't need protecting anymore."

Emmett shook him off. "Why are you defending her?"

"Isn't that what you hired me to do?" Sethe said, giving Emmett a little smile. He was serious though. He knew Tseneca wouldn't stand for someone getting in her way, not now, not ever. She was too independent. If Emmett forced her to oblige and cower, there'd be nothing but trouble for his friend. "You have to listen to me, you cool off, let her cool off, and keep an open mind about all this. Just... be patient."

With that, Emmett walked off, seeking solace on the hill above the commune. Sethe sighed. It was going to be a long couple of days...
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, July 28th 2010 02:32pm    Post subject:

The speeder landed and Sara, Alisson and Badim dispersed throughout the camp, sprawling with weapon exercises as Vratix wielded blasters and blades of any make and model that they could get their hands on. They were shaky, at best. Completely new to something like this. He shook his head, looking as the crew that were here gave advice and showed them some drills to practice. He looked up to the hill he had been accustomed to use for thought in the past few days, seeing Sethe raise his hands to Emmett, and further on seeing Tseneca at the top of the hill with her arms folded over her chest before moving on back to the commune, keeping a certain distance from Emmett. He could tell by the way the two moved and shifted that they were in a rough spot right now.

Tseneca walked past Badim without a word, just fixated on the ground in front of her as her lips silently flowed through several curses before entering her hut. He had the impulse to grab her arm and stop her, try to give some help, but he decided not to. She needed to steam off, and so did Emmett.

Badim walked further into the camp and retrieved his cloak and the rest of his usual attire, letting the tip of his hood cover his eyes against the late-afternoon sun. He turned to the commune, to the training Vratix amongst the rest of the crew. He spotted one having trouble aiming the blaster it held correctly. Badim paced calmly to the Vratix and unholstered his E-11 from his hip. He trained his sights down the makeshift shooting range and fired at three of the targets, hitting squarely or close to it on all of his shots, and turned to the Vratix.
“The trick is to keep straight aim when using a blaster, and don‘t even try using one hand unless you‘ve had a ton of training,” he said, gripping the E-11 with both hands and extending his reach as an example, “This is the best position for your aim.”

He looked down, seeing the Vratix imitate Badim almost perfectly. He reached down and corrected the posture and straightened it’s arms just slightly. He retook his stance and said, “Fire.”

Instantly after the lesson, Badim saw improvement in it’s aim, it hit the target this time. It wasn’t perfect, but it was a great improvement from the Vratix’s previous shots.
“How you do that? You show me once and I make shot!” the Vratix exclaimed in surprise, though there were many other flurries of the surprised comments throughout the range as well.
“I’ve killed the most dangerous enemies you could ever think of facing for seven years,” he said in a low, cold voice, it wasn’t something he wanted to brag about, “You get some practice after a while.”

Badim turned away from the shooting range and began to pace off to find something to do. He looked at the hill again, seeing Emmett there this time, his hand pressed to his forehead in thought. Badim took a chance and paced up the hill himself. He leaned up against a tree to Emmett’s side, looking off into the now setting sun, the orange and yellow glow and haze confounded Badim, he wished Clare was here to see it, underneath his arm and her head to his chest.
“You’re the one who Tseneca’s helping to take down Jelahan, right?” Emmett said from his stance.

“I am.”

“Why’d you recruit her to risk her life to take him down?” Emmett scoffed.

“She only told you that we were after Nico and Jelahan, but not for what purpose, correct?” Badim said, trying to come off as sincere and understanding, but it probably came off as it’s own scoff, “We lost a friend to Jelahan. Clare Velez mean anything to you? If you met her even once it would have. She was the one I loved and so did everyone else. She was killed by that insane maniac six days ago,” Badim paused, letting it the weight it put on him with Clare’s death show itself to Emmett, “She volunteered to take Jelahan down. To make the bastard pay for the pain he put on me and everyone else here, and killing the one I loved so dearly.”

Badim gleamed at the setting sun again, silent tears rolling down his face, realizing Clare wouldn’t see it’s beauty. There were so many things in this galaxy that Badim had seen, he wanted to show them all to her, to kiss her underneath each and every single sunset in the galaxy until they were all traveled to. But now he couldn’t.
He hoped what he said about Clare set in to Emmett, letting him see the sincerity of his words by the look on his face. Cold, brash and covered with shed tears. He pushed himself off the tree and began to walk down the hill.

Tag: Jess

Emmett Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, July 28th 2010 02:46pm    Post subject:

Emmett watched Soilding leave. That was a broken man. He'd been there once.

He shook his head and looked out. maybe that was why he wanted Tseneca to stay put. He's already lost her for such a long time, why spoil a miracle? He could always go with her, but the life of a spacer was no life at all, not one where they could settle down, start a family.

What makes you think she wants to start a family anymore? He thought. His wants were no longer her wants, while he'd been suspended in time with the True Empire, she's been struggling to survive. Sethe was right on all accounts, she was no longer the young woman needing his protection.

But why? why couldn't she just... He kicked a pebble that rested at his feet and looked back, watching the Vratix train. There were other things to think about here...
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, July 28th 2010 03:06pm    Post subject:

Tseneca pushed back the flap of her hut angrily, paced around for a second then exited again, bumping right into Sethe as she did.

"Can't anyone get room to breathe in this swamp?" She hissed agitatedly.

Sethe followed her. "What did I say about going easy on Emmett. He's not trying to be a prick, he's trying to see eye to eye with you."

Tseneca scoffed. "Stop defending him, i'm not expecting you to take my side, but for sith's sake..."

"He's trying to help..."

"He's treating me like i'm sixteen again! does he think I cant handle myself after all these years!? that I just sat around waiting for him to come and tell me what to do?"

Sethe made her stop. "I don't think your being rational. Swallow your pride. Look at the big picture. He has you back, he wants you as you are, but he wants what he's always wanted, and you too once upon a time: to settle down, to have a family. You know your not getting any younger, what are you 35?"

"Nice." Tseneca spat.

Sethe shook his head. "You know what I mean. There are many other things other then... blight leaping."

Tseneca felt cold. Sethe was right. What about living quietly for once? What about having children? she wasn't to old for that... and to be here, be home...

"Just think about it." Sethe said, and strode off.
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Wed, July 28th 2010 03:15pm    Post subject:

Kyp stood over a nearby hill and watched over the commune. To the south was the main camp and to the west was the area being used for the last minute training. He was worried much like the rest of the camp and crew. Did they have enough for this fight? And would they even be able to seize control once Tseneca's uncle was out of the picture. "Most of these people have seen too many winters," Kyp muttered to himself. Or not enough. He could feel their doubt and fear cloud their minds. This just keeps getting better.

Suddenly two individuals began to raise their voices. Kyp turned and peered towards the middle of the encampment to see Tseneca and Emmett face to face. Suddenly the noise of training stopped and all eyes were fixed upon the pair. Kyp could barely hear the words spoken at his current distance. Each of the participants body were flared in aggressive stances. Emmett turned and strode away and was moving in his direction. Better watch it, pal.

Kyp strolled down the hill, away from the Imperial errand boy. He didn't want to be near him just in case there happen to be a lightsaber malfunction. No amount of Bacta in the galaxy could repair what I could do to you, Imperial mutt. Kyp slid away and took his mind off Emmett.

He moved into the training grounds and positioned himself in the grassy area being used for the blaster weapons. Some of the Vratix were using old slugthrower weapons and outdated blasters. The ragtag militia was going to have their work cut out for them.

Back to top »
H6-32
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 29th 2010 04:17am    Post subject:

Night had fallen. It was time for him to move. H6 moved through the streets of Zalxuc in darkness, avoiding the street lamps and pairs of security guards searching for stray Vratix. He gripped his DL-22, the gift Master had given him when he was purchased. Strapped to his back was one of Master’s other weapons, his X-45 sniper rifle with a grappling attachment on it‘s underside. The device wouldn’t be able to lift H6’s heavy load, but it would possibly come in handy should a specific situation arise.

H6 crept through the city, making his way to the location Master and Sara had designated, near the Servant’s Entrance. After slowly reaching the area, keeping his step efficiently quiet, he re-read the coordinates of the sniping position, peering upwards. The designator selected a building that stood eight stories tall, but under one of the eaves. H6 let out another figurative sigh, resolving he’d have to climb the side of the building, entering would expose him and wouldn’t be as challenging as scaling the building while trying to hide himself from the low moonlight.

He began to scale, letting his processors scan the handholds to select adequate ones to grab onto. And one hand and foot at a time, he slowly progressed up the building with no one suspecting his presence.

H6 climbed over the railing and onto the sturdy eighth floor. There were no security cameras here for an odd, but gratifying reason. He looked at the eave, standing two feet above him, his processors running through several scenarios on getting up there in the first place. The grappling hook attachment literally clicked in his mind, firing twice at the eave at a three foot interval. He loaded another pair of grappling cable and repeated the process two feet behind his first shot. He checked the hooks, satisfied that they dug into the duracrete with ease and were held in place firmly.

He reached up and grabbed both of the cables and heaved himself up and into the loops he had made. He lay in the position on his back, his world distorted and vertically inverted. He rotated his head around, then his wrists as he pointed Master’s sniper rifle at the Servant’s Entrance, half-a-mile away, waiting for the rest of the crew to arrive. He tapped into the local Holonet for Thyferra and checked the status of this building. It was abandoned, final inspection for demolition in five days. Hopefully the attack would begin within that time, or H6 would be discovered or destroyed, either by patrols or by the explosion that was sure to follow.

H6-32 First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Thyferra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: