Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Thyferra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Thyferra
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, July 29th 2010 05:21pm    Post subject:

The Lowry Estate was beautiful, despite the overwhelming feeling of shrouded darkness. Evil rested within the bacta tycoon, it was evident on the very threads which lingered in the air. Lucas witnessed servants tremble and stutter as they entered the room, the man dominated, it was his domain, and blunders were not to be tolerated. The charade with Jonas lasted through the formalities, when finally the subject of bacta production approached conversation. "Now, Lord Lowry, to the business my mother has sent for me."

"That topic is of interest to me, young sire of Kuat." Lucas could sense as though he was atop of a crumbling foundation. He needed to tread softly, or all could be lost.

"Yes, well," Lucas started, he could sense he was losing a portion of the crowd. They doubted him, "I'm here to check the production of the bacta."

Dmtir's eyes narrowed, his fingers tapped against the chair, "This has never happened before." The words were slow from his mouth, "What has warranted such an inquisition?" Lucas shifted, he could sense the nerves radiating off Jonas. It was infectious, and Lucas tried to ignore the massive surge of anxiety crawling inside of him.

"Uh, good question," Lucas shifted his feet. What the hell was happening? I am sure of myself, why aren't I able to show it?! "We had a bad batch."

"A bad batch?" Dmtir sounded as a vulture, circling wounded prey. "I find that rather difficult to believe." A terrible sound screeched into the audience chamber of the House of Lowry. It wasn't human, and by the sounds of it, great and terrific suffering. Lucas bit his lower lip, it was a Vratix. Gods damn it, Lucas thought, and threw off the Kuati-styled coat. His lightsaber was revealed, though remained on his hilt. Dmtir rose, the guards closed on their position. "What is this?!" He demanded. Courage stirred, at the shrieks of the tortured insect from afar.

"I am from the House of Pallanén, Descendant of the Ten Founders," Lucas hissed, similar to the defensive nature of the Thyferran tycoon. "I am a member of the Jedi Order, and I will not be suspected of foul play, Lord Lowry. You will show me the Bacta Production Methods and my findings will be passed along to my mother, Leading Magistrate of the Kuati Government. You have trillions invested in the Galactic Core and Colonies Regions. One word, one disapproval, and governments will fall on you."

Jonas was uneasy, but he could tell it was working. Dmtir scowled, but remained as though unfazed. "Master Pallanén, then." He corrected his earlier introduction, "I am most benefited by a chance to present the production. I have always promised the New Republic, the Remnant of the Galactic Empire and the Galactic Alliance full viewing rights to the wonderful production, which has fueled medical services around the Galaxy." He paused, his tongue well equipped to ease the tension, yet subtly appear as though nothing was wrong. "I would, however, prefer to offer my guests a meal, perhaps even a nights rest. It is common courtesy, after all, especially to such a prestigious guest such as yourself."

Lucas nodded, "That seems... fine."

"Once again, Master Pallanén, I might add that while bloodlines are interesting, they are rarely observed off of Kuat. I am a Noble man, and thus can appreciate the fine genetics of a Kuati, but please, it insults me to told as though a simple reminder." Dmtir rose from his chair, the guards tensed and the servant staff approached the two men before him. Lucas felt their arms take the coat, and several of their belongings. "You could not know this disturbance, you are not a seasoned diplomat, but I can tell your heart is in the right place boy, and that is good enough for me."

Lucas hated the man. He was under minding him at every step. Lucas obliged. They were in, that's all that matters. He swallowed his pride and said, "Thank you, Lord Lowry."
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, July 29th 2010 05:35pm    Post subject:

The guest room was just as fabulous as his stay on Kuat, but Jonas was feeling a bit all over the place. When the servants finally left them alone, Jonas tossed the massive cap off his head and kicked it to the otherside of the room. "Holy shit." Jonas hissed, "I've never been so afraid in my life."

"Yeah, he has that... creepy demeanor to him." Lucas said, removing one of the extra shirts. "Skywalker has spoken of Emperor Palpatine... I guess I can somewhat relate. I wasn't really sure what to say, or how to get us through..."

Jonas dropped the fluffy Telbun outfit, he was happy to be in nothing but a shirt and shorts. "Listen, this is crazy. We could've just blasted him right then and there."

"No," Lucas turned on him, and Jonas folded his arms in defense. "We need to get a record of what he is doing. Otherwise, it'll look terrible, if we just assassinate him. We have to be really careful. Dmtir has been at this game for a long time."

Jonas scoffed, "And we're just a couple of novice players stirring up trouble... great." Lucas collapsed on the bed, as Jonas entered the fresher. "It's time for those Kuati political skills to come out. I've witnessed a conversation at one of your dinners... we'll see if Dmtir is up to par with the Descendant of the Ten Founders."

"Oh shut it," Lucas laughed, "It just came out. I was like, reminding myself of who I was."

"Out loud!" Jonas laughed, "I'm burning that hat though. It's bad luck."

They shared laughter, and Jonas drifted back into his Kuati accent, still attempting to perfect the subtle words...
 Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, July 29th 2010 05:54pm    Post subject:

As the crew positioned themselves, whether it was training the Vratix or strategic positions near or targeting the House of Lowry, Alisson found herself crawling through organic bio-waste. The Sewers of Thyferra were wrenched and made the top of Alisson' least favorite moments since activation. Communication coils had been routed underground for sewage control, and ninety-nine percent of the time, were unsecured. Elite slicers favored this approach.

Alisson slopped through the mess, finding the Lowry terminal. Slicing through the initial feed was easy, and only took a moment for her data padd to seize control. What she found, however, was worse than she thought. Lowry personalized the STCA feed.

Over the secured comm signal, she said, "Bronze Medal for the Third Lap," It meant failure on her third try. Alisson retraced her footsteps, and as she was climbing up the stairs, the hatch opened and a foot planted in her face. Normally, this would have knocked the average woman unconscious, and she played the part any ways.

Men groped and robbed her, before disappearing into the sewage system.

"And you just let them rob you?!" Sara asked, nearly dumbfounded by Alisson's story.

"Yes."

"But why?" Sethe questioned, equally a little perplexed.

"I was detected by Lowry's data sentry computers. They knew someone tried to hack the system." Alisson answered, "By letting the men rob me, they just became the prime suspects, with a data padd to prove they tried."

"So you are letting them take the fall." Sara breathed a little more easy, "Nice. You think Dmtir will catch on? You know, suspect Jonas and Lucas?" Alisson shook her head.

"I read they receive over a million slice-attempts every year. Both on Thyferra and from across the galaxy." She corrected the last of the organic tissue on her face, the raw resources of the Vratix were quite impressive. Even on her replicated skin. "It'll disappear under the rug. We cannot, however, count on me disabling security screens. Not without the right equipment..."

Sethe looked away for a moment, as though recalling some incident "I think I might have something..."
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 29th 2010 07:10pm    Post subject:

Sara and Alisson followed Sethe to The Escrow, filing inside as Sethe began to rummage through a storage compartment. Sara peered around, it was an impressive ship: Top of the line sensors and engines, weapons and the works. Reminding her of the museum exhibit on Coruscant for The Millenium Falcon, though some portions of the ship were kept a secret to give Solo some privacy on his baby. The designs were similar, taking on the same looks of exposed pipe and wires throughout The Escrow, it looked like trash at some points, but it did well.
“Aha!” Sethe let out as he pulled a small, datapad looking device in his hands. It looked like a normal datapad, except it had a large hard drive on the underside that stored vast amounts of hacking information along with the latest codes available, or so she assumed. Sethe tossed the device to Alisson, then described it to the two, “That, ladies, is a Cipher X19 Code-Dagger, it can slice through almost any security console or terminal you could find. Except the most highest security programs and software reserved for the governments, of which Dmtir shouldn’t have his hands on. It can also cover it’s tracks pretty easily as well. But be careful, it‘s very expensive.”

Alisson peered at the device, turning it over end-over-end as she inspected it, her eyes scanning it curiously.
“This will do.” Alisson said, exiting the Escrow back towards the commune.

“Think she likes it?” Sethe joked, heading back to the commune with Sara.

“Where’d you get your hands on something like that?” Sara asked sarcastically.

Carratos,” Sethe said, placing a hand on Sara's shoulder, “Best damn place in the galaxy to get illegal goods at very unfair prices.”

Acrid Bacta and Bloodlines First Previous Next Latest
Convictions First Previous Next Latest
Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 29th 2010 09:51pm    Post subject:

Badim clashed swords lightly with a Vratix during training, teaching The Way of the Blade to as many as he could to give them the best possible chance if the guards drew vibroswords on them. Badim swung methodically left, then right as the Vratix Bzadk blocked his slow swings with ease. It clicked it mandibles, repeating in it’s own language the recital along with Badim:
“To mold the mind and body,” the two clashed and pressed against each other as they continued the training.
“To cultivate a vigorous spirit,” Bzadk swung low, Badim jumping up and bringing the training sword down on the Vratix he had been training for an hour with.
“And through correct and rigid training, To strive for improvement in the Way of the Blade.” Bzadk blocked the blow, pushing Badim back to gain some space.
“To hold in esteem human courtesy and honor. To associate with others with sincerity.” Badim rushed forward and made an arc over his head, quickly jolting to Bzadk’s side as he tried to retaliate. Bzadk let the tip of his blade swing in the dirt, coming full circle as Badim jumped again, the blade gracefully missing Badim once again.
“And to forever pursue the cultivation of oneself.” The blade stayed close to the ground, Bzadk keeping up with his circle as he came around again, thrashing the fabric covered, deactivated vibroblade into Badim’s side.
“And to stay blade from flesh of innocent.” Bzadk repeated in basic, his body flushing a deep purple marking his skin in surprise and worry.

Badim straightened himself, nodding to Bzadk in acknowledgement of his success in killing him. Bzadk bowed respectfully, then scurried away as his skin turned to a guava color, excited that after several defeats he had finally learned from his mistakes and finally beat Badim. Badim straightened himself, looking as he slowed and placed his sword in the makeshift sleeve as he calmed himself, returning to his hut to rest for the coming battle. He was sure he’d practice alone during the night to make sure what Badim had taught him stuck in his head.

Badim hoped his purposely placed failure brought confidence to Bzadk for the battle ahead. He was learning quickly, but it was always under the worry and scrutiny of Badim, he needed a sudden jolt of victory to get him the rest of the way. Badim smiled, thinking how he had spread his fading way of life to the alien, it wouldn’t just be a fighting style, it would be a way of thinking, to not just brashly rush forward to kill as he pleased. If someone was disarmed and begged for his life, he deserved to live, but a watchful eye always helped as well.
He hoped it would stick to Bzadk.

Badim turned to the Vratix that had patiently watched and waited, trying to learn what they could before they themselves entered to face Badim. They all had a flurry of different skin tones, ranging from all of the different spectrums of color and emotion.
“Nkars,” Badim said, pointing to one of the Vratix who was swiftly changing to a purple in worry, “Let’s begin.”

Dmtir Bakh-Lowry
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, July 29th 2010 10:12pm    Post subject:

Dmtir recieved his guests at dusk. The Pallanen bratling was shrewd, but cocky, and that put him at a disadvantage to Dmtir's renound abilities at intimidation. He would allow the boy his piece, but the ball would be, unequivically, remain in his own court.

Lucas sat, and his telburn stood behind his chair, in the kuati fashion of servitude. He seemed though, to fidgit more, and Dmtir leant it to his apprentice status. Dmtir was mindfull of him, even as Minerva entered to set down the first course.

"I hear your supplies are running well this year?" Lucas said.

"Ah, please, let us not discuss business at the dinner table, there will be plenty of time for that later, in the parlor, over wine." Dmtir admonished. "You and your siblings are all Jedi, I hear? Not a fruitful career for the heirs of Kuat... Though I expect one or a few of you will take on the challange?"

Lucas looked slightly uncomfortible. "Thats up for our mother to decide. we are all trained in the ways of business and could handle our own should we need to; but delegations are often well planted under my mother, and I doubt she'll be going anywhere for a while."

"Gods willing." Dmtir raised his glass and drained it.

The rest of the dinner was silent, with bits of small talk inter mingled. Dmtir had the opportunity to observe his young guest and denounced him as harmless, dully so due to his training as a Jedi, as such would lead to a certain Naivte about him.

"So now, business." Dmtir waved Minerva in. She presented them with more drink and a small box. Dmtir took the box and opened it before his guests. within were vials, each a distinct color. "Before we proceed, I'd like you to look at each sample. See the consitancy? The Clarity? The Denin is pure and fresh, ready for reduction as soon as harvested."

"harvested?" Lucas asked.

Dmtir opened a channel in the vid screen behind him. "A demonstration is in order I think." There, on the screen, was a Vratix, tied on a drawing table. "The harvesting process is done hourly, as each Vratix cycles fresh Denin. The colors you see in the vial, loose their pigment an hour after harvest and then are fermented. Aged Denin provides for the most effective Bacta, much like fine wine." They watched as the harvesting process began, the Vratix making its clicking hiss noises.

Dmitr looked at the boy, who had a horrified look on his face. "There there." Said Dmtir, in a more ironic way. "Its much like taking milk from a beast, done striclty for their own good." He switched the channel off. "It also keeps them .... shall we say more tame? Much like depriving an animal of its testicles, scraping the Denin off the Vratix renders them clam and contented, less liable to lash out and cause a ruckus. Its a win-win for both."
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, July 29th 2010 10:24pm    Post subject:

Tseneca was working to coach some of the younger Vratix, the ones capeable of fighting, with hand to hand combat and spear work. With the adolescence, hand to hand was better as their eyes hadn't grown enough for range fighting, especially not with blasters. Vratix had powerfull limbs though, and their thorax carried most of their weight so they could bear back and about with their mulitple arms easily.

She was working with a young male when Emmett slouched back into the encampment. Tseneca kept her eyes on her work, embarrassed that she had over reacted.

"Sen?" Emmett neared the stead where she was working and she looked up, and then back at what she was doing. If he was angry he didn't show it. "Lets not fight, I'm sorry."

She left the vratix to work. "I'm sorry too." She said softly. "I forget how long we've been apart and how much we've both changed. You can understand that, cant you."

"I can." He smiled. "I'd never make you do anything you didn't want to, of course. I just..."

"Never mind it." Tseneca took his arm and led him to the Vratix. "No one knows hand to hand better then you, lets get these younglings into shape, alright?"

She and Emmett spent the remainder of the afternoon training, stopping only for water breaks. For the most part, Tseneca was worried about Lucas and Jonas, It made her stomach flop to think about them, that close to Dmtir. As long as the kept up their act, they were perfectly safe, but not even she knew what her uncle was capable of.

Emmett patted her, and handed her a drink. "Your worried about them?"

"Terribly." She said and guzzled it down. The sky was getting dark as another day passed over. Would they stay the night there? It was more than likely. "H6 is there, but what if..."

He rubbed her shoulders and kissed the back of her neck. "If you care so much about them, trust they'll be okay. Lucas knows what he's doing, If he's the man you say he is."

She wasn't so sure.
 Back to top »
Jaira Lionne
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, July 30th 2010 12:24am    Post subject:

Jaira pointed her blaster at the shooting range, pulling the trigger multiple times at several targets. She wasn’t helping train, she had already done her best in that field. She needed to get her own aim and shot improved even slightly. Jaira wasn’t able to get her practice with multiple targets, to give the Vratix a chance to learn and to concentrate on one target at a time. Jaira, on the other hand, needed to concentrate on more than one target at a time. They were surely going to be surrounded at one point in the attack and she needed to keep tabs on the entire battle with the rest of the crew.

Her rounds hit squarely into each of the targets she shot at. She was only half done though, she was also going to be playing the semi-air support role with her jetpacks.
With a press of a button on her gauntlet, she lifted up into the air several feet and glided from side-to-side amongst the empty range, shooting at the targets until they had all been hit. Her helmet registered the hits and her accuracy: 20/20 TARGETS HIT -- CRITICALS: 13 -- ACCURACY: 73.14%

She began again, honing the shots until they were at their peeks. The software in her helmet wasn’t new or amazing, picked up from a dead bounty hunter while on Taris. It was handy for it’s night vision camera and com systems, but that was pretty much it aside from it’s statistics software.
During her travels in the galaxy she collected the pieces of her armor from soldiers, bounty hunters and mercenaries who happened to be in her way. Her equipment was a jigsaw puzzle, being mixed and matched until she had an odd looking suit, no part on the suit was the same. The shoulders were of different makes, the chest plate was once a standalone piece before she added the jetpack. The only parts that were from the same piece were her lower sections, legs, hips and abdomen were from the same owner or model.

The items that weren’t compatible with the rest of the suit was modified to fit, making it the most unique set of armor she’d ever seen, and possibly in the galaxy.
20/20 TARGETS HIT -- CRITICALS: 18 -- ACCURACY: 89.57%

She smiled underneath her visor, then returned to one of the huts that was cleared for The Leaper crew to stay in instead of having to travel all the way back to the ship to sleep. She stripped of her armor, revealing her jumpsuit beneath. She threw her armor to a corner of the room, then tossed herself into a bed.

Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, July 30th 2010 03:37am    Post subject:

Badim was done for the day, the night was beginning to set in as the sun went down in the hills again. He was satisfied that he was able to train so many, but it was slightly disappointing how only a quarter of the Vratix under him were able to beat without him purposely letting them win after several defeats. He didn’t seem tired, he did need the occasional water break with the others at different intervals.
Tseneca and Emmett had made up after their fighting. But no one else made comments about the two or anything else, concentrating on what to teach the Vratix next. Jaira had taken in some practice after she had finished with her group. The older Vratix for ranged training. The Vratix seemed like they were improving in all fields, quick and as creative as humans were. They learned quick, which is what they needed when they assaulted Dmtir’s Palace, Tseneca’s previous home. They could adapt to what situations they came across.

Badim sighed, sleeved his sword and went to his hill again, as some were starting to joke around with how much time he was spending there. But it was kept as a soft tease and joke, knowing that Badim was using this time to think and to remorse in his own way.
The sun began to fade and soon only the lights of fires in the commune were the only lights around, still dimly hidden beneath the coverage of trees. Days seemed shorter here on Thyferra, maybe it was, he hadn’t had the chance to check the specifications of the planet to figure out the hours in the days. Either that or the training was making the time pass before them.

He sat on the hill, dew beginning to form on the grass beneath him. The cold of the night began to come through the area, Badim’s cloak keeping him from feeling it. The hood of his cloak covered his eyes, Badim pulling it the rest of the way down to cover his face as he fell to sleep on the hill.
His thoughts thrashed as he closed his eyes, seeing Clare’s frozen and screaming face underneath his eyelids. The fall of her limp body, the cold carbonite that ran up his spine as he screamed in anger. He looked at Jelahan as he ran forward, his shots wild and stray as he tried to focus on him to enact revenge. He wasn’t able to hold Clare‘s body, gone from his grasp as the shuttle lifted and the bodies of dead guards were scattered around him.
Badim pressed his hand against one’s neck, still alive and begging for his life. Badim threw him off the landing pad, the unforgettable, soul staining fall of someone pleading to live.
His screams were set off so loudly that the entire planet of Coruscant could hear him amongst the traffic and noise, or so it seemed.

Badim finally opened his eyes, the reminder of Clare’s death sending his body into shivers as shock and rage revitalized themselves. He clenched his fists as he stood on his feet, vowing he’d do what he could to stop Jelahan. But as he turned to return to the commune to sleep in one of the huts that had been set aside for the crew, Kyp’s and Tseneca’s words came to him once again:
Retribution…
A life for a life is a cycle that can never be broken…
Or forgiveness…

The question that confounded and conflicted Badim was simple and confusing: Which would he choose?

Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, July 30th 2010 04:30am    Post subject:

Jonas shifted back and forth while standing, but was able to stand perfectly still at the video of bacta extraction. Jonas loathed every second of the footage, and nearly bolted across the room and smashed Dmitr's head against the plate, the rage wouldn't stop until the old man was disgustingly disfigured and chunks of flesh littered his plate. Growing up on a diverse planet, and with all the inter-system travel, these type of "insects" were sentient beings, all with a mind and the ability to feel. The pain they had just witnessed was brutal and beyond horrific. Jonas watched Lucas cover his mouth with a napkin, dab, then replace it to his lap. His voice was eerily calm. "I see."

Why isn't there a trace of emotional distraught?!

Lucas pushed from the table, "While I do not agree with your tactics, and perhaps your show was meant to test the credibility of my stance within the Jedi Order, I must accept the way your culture operates. I may not agree, but I have taken an oath not to interfere." The Jedi turned and Jonas caught his gaze, "Prepare my room for sleep, the journey has me vexed in energy." Jonas bowed, dipping the hat to an all time low, before sweeping out of the room. Lucas was different, his tone matching the cruelty of the Noble class. They didn't see people like this as people. He was reminded of Nico and what she had said, and everything she had fought for. Maybe she was right. Maybe she's been right the entire time.

Jonas shut the door, and destroyed a vase sitting harmlessly at the room's entrance. "Gods." Suffering had never been well tolerated, his father had beaten him as a child. The essence of power and control vibrated off every word, every shift in balance on Dmitr. This was a way of life, and not a chord of regret would ever sound from the man. Profit and Control, was what really mattered.

Jonas tossed the robes off his body, wanting to destroy the magnificent, yet frakkin' hat, anything that reminded him of Lucas pretending to be so kosher.

Why do people in the galaxy, like that, exist? What purpose do they play? Thousands had been affected, for nearly twenty years! Jonas could feel the anger shift towards Tseneca, it was wrong, but he couldn't help it. She should've faced this sooner. She left these people to rot and die for profit of an Uncle fit for the deepest circle of the Seven Hells.

There was a knock on the door, and Lucas emerged...
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, July 30th 2010 04:53am    Post subject:

The footage of the Vratix being brutally assaulted was difficult to swallow, and his first expression gave away the true meaning of his feelings. As Lowry flipped the images off, Lucas controlled the emotions racing through his veins. His father had taught him a valuable gift, typically reserved for Kuati dinner parties. Guests had the tendency to probe or converse in a direction meant to agitate or swindle information. The ability to hide and mask one's true feelings would prove a valuable ally here, but Lucas sensed an enormous amount of anger reeling from Jonas. Knowing the Telbun's image could not be maintained much longer, Lucas dismissed him entirely. Jonas bowed, and stalked off towards the room provided by Lord Lowry.

"I appreciate the services you have provided, and while the video provides an example, I will need to inspect the actual site. To be honest, Lord Lowry, I do not want to be here any longer than need be. I should be out of your hair by the week's end, perhaps sooner. There is a game on Kuat I wish to return to in time." Lucas hoped this mild excuse worked, coming off as a privileged child of one of the wealthiest families in the galaxy, shouldn't cause any alarm bells.

The old man smirked, taking a long sip of the wine glass once before him. Lucas could hear his fingernail contact the glass, and the small screech it made when he brought it up to his lips for a second taste. The smacking of the tongue in cheek, with a gulp disturbed Lucas further, but he kept his poker face. "Master Pallanén, of course, of course." Lucas sensed he was pleased that the delegation sent by Kuat and her colonies would not be an in depth observation or report. "Rest, I will arrange for a journey to the production site for the morning."

Lucas rose his glass, taking the final sip of the red colored wine, before setting the glass on the table and leaving the man to his fire and humid room. On the cuff of earshot range, the man called out, "Boy, please pass your regards to your mother." Lucas turned to provide a nod, before slipping away. How she put up with such creeps, Lucas dreaded the thought of long hours of discussion or meetings with thugs and disgusting men like that.

Lucas knocked on the door, to find vase resting in shards and shattered pieces. Jonas was breathing heavily. Lucas moved to comfort him, but he pulled away. "How could you do nothing?"

"We can't move yet. He has a hundred guards. We'd seal our fate and an appointed goon would just replace him. If we seize this forcibly, the Vratix lose." Lucas explained, still attempting to close the physical gap between them, but he remained distant.

"I just can't sit there, and listen to that. Watching it..." Jonas grunted, his fist pounding against the table, "It's wrong."

"I know," Lucas removed the shelling of his dinner attire, and unbuttoned the top layer of shirts. "It's frakked up, it really is. But we are doing something about this. We all pledged to put an end to it. If we kill him, here and now, it may stop the Vratix suffering for a day or two in the scramble for power, but it'll just fall to one of his men. And then it all just keeps happening."

"It's the head of the beast." Jonas fired back, "Take that out, and its dead, for good."

"Only its a Kuati hydra." Lucas folded his arms, "You take that head out, and two more sprout up, worse than before. We have an opportunity to restore order and justice for generations, not a few days." Lucas could feel Jonas calm down. It was strange to see him all fired up like this, but the situation had been stressful. Wading on hand and foot could really tweak some mental wires, and with the controversial content Dmitr openly showed them, it made it worse. "Listen, we came out of the belly of a Sarlacc together. We can help Tseneca stop him. We can end this."

Jonas dropped to the bed, and remained silent. Lucas took this as a victory, and stroked over the muscle outline from the Nar Shaddaa native's shoulders to rear. He paused to send a message to Alisson, before slowly, they drifted to sleep....
 Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, July 30th 2010 04:59am    Post subject:

The technology provided by Sethe Bhren was rare, and borderline 'offensive'. How had she not seen this when she scanned over his affects and assets? Alisson jolted, her physical attribution to joy as the last of the security screens fell before the device. She snaked her way through the feed, watching the little dinner party between Lucas, Jonas and Dmitr take place. Something seemed to upset them, but Lucas had quickly recovered. Moments later, Lucas was out of the room, and Dmitr was seen talking to one on his staff members.

The feed cut out, and she worked for nearly two hours, before reclaiming video-eyes about the House. She had difficulty placing the bacta tycoon, but when she had, he was sound asleep in his chambers. A text message appeared, in Kuati dialect.

Alisson left her station, walking directly to Tseneca. "We have an opportunity, tomorrow." She showed her the translated itinerary Lucas had sent.
 Back to top »
Dmtir Bakh-Lowry
Jess

Post Posted: Sat, July 31st 2010 06:37pm    Post subject:

Minerva entered, shutting the door of the parlor behind her.

"My lord, the security feed--"

"I'm well aware, Minerva." Dmtir waved his hand. He'd known the feed had been observed halfway through dinner. He had his own ways of observing a security breech, outside of the prentices and employees line of vision. He also knew that the breech had something to do with the Pallanan-Davad bratling, he just didn't know how.

He would find out though, most certainly.

The next morning, He took Lucas and his Telburn to the harvesting center, right off the estate. He set the guards on high alert. There was no telling what the boy was planning with or without accomplices, but the center had holding cells, fit for unsatisfactory Vratix, and becoming to little sniveling backstabbers like Lucas Pallanen- Davad. He would hold the boy for interrogation there, and then contact the Kuati estates to negotiate with Alaterial.

He took the boy at near noon, alsong with them multiple security escorts, for his own safety.

"We'll need to confiscate your lightsaber." Dmtir said, not unkindly.

"I'm afraid I can't do that" Lucas set his hand on the handle.

"Please," Dmitr employed. "It is a weapons free environment as to make the Vratix subjects more at ease. Even my security counsel will remain outside, as per the rules."

Hesitantly, the boy handed his weapon to the security lead and followed Dmtir inside the center.

He had them where he wanted them.

Okay, I know this is quick but I'm a live-in nanny this weekend so I can't play that well. Heres the deal:

Tseneca, Sethe, Emmett, Badim and Kyp are to infiltrate the harvesting center, cornering Dmtir in order to convince him of diplomatic surrender. (not gonna happen, but killing is not the priority here. abdication is. )

Allison, Sara, Firi Dex and assembled Vratix will form a hostile takeover of the main estate, their numbers forcing the household to surrender to being held hostage.

This is all i got so far. I'll post sporadically, but im kinda busy. :D

Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, July 31st 2010 10:09pm    Post subject:

The time was finally here. The days training and gathering information on Dmtir was done and they were in position. Tseneca, Emmett, Kyp, Sethe and Badim stayed low as they slowly made their way to the Denin Harvesting Center, where Vratix inside were being scrapped of their Denin in greed by Dmtir’s men. The fading morning dew was rubbing off their skin and clothing as they crawled over a hill that overlooked the Harvesting Center, the sun high and getting close to noon.
The group had woven grass blankets over them to prevent them from being spotted from above, and would easily fool the random lazy guard if they moved slow enough.
But the good part was that there were no guards this far out, they mainly stuck near the Harvesting Center. It worked to their advantage. Badim had brought along several electrobinoculars from the Leaper, having passed them throughout the group.

Once they reached the top of the hill, several speeders came into sight, approaching the Harvesting Center. They all, almost on cue, raised their binoculars to their eyes to watch.

Badim viewed what was happening below, Dmtir was exiting one of the speeder along with Lucas and Jonas. Badim couldn’t help but listen to Sethe as he chuckled slightly, staring at Jonas’ tall telburn hat. They continued to watch as they saw the three enter the building without guards, but also without Lucas’ lightsaber. Badim cursed under his breath. Something was definitely up.

They watched the guards below, they were definitely private security, they had some toys with them, including a refurbished E-Web. Though, with Kyp and Tseneca, they’d be able to take care of the relic easily.
The humidity began to roll in, making their bodies sweat and stay wet. Badim laid the binoculars down and rested, reveling in the shade from their grass camouflage, though it also kept the humidity in. Badim was forced to leave his cloak behind for this mission for fear of heat exhaustion.

Badim didn’t like sitting around while his friends were possibly in danger. He was used to being patient for a target to arrive, even stalk for days. But this was a different situation. He felt the soft leather on his gauntlets, marveling at the wrist blades as he quickly flicked his fingers to extend them in a flash, uneasily retracting and extending them several times to pass the time. He made sure it was done within the camouflage to not let the sun send a gleam to the guards below.

Tseneca quietly answered her comlink, relaying what was being said to Emmett, who whispered to Sethe, then Kyp and then Badim. Telling them to prepare to move on her word, that Alisson had just contacted them after finding some information on guard shifts, the next one happening in five minutes…

Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Sun, August 01st 2010 10:23am    Post subject:

Kyp attached his binoculars back onto the harness he was wearing underneath his ghillie suit. From the other side he pulled a tape wrapped canteen. He could feel the cold liquid water inside as he slushed around. He was glad it was still cold. He opened the cap and took a heavy drink and slowly passed to his left. Badim and Tseneca each took a swig of the cool liquid and passed back towards Kyp who passed it to his right and on to Emmett and Sethe. The canteen made it's way back to it's owner, empty. Damn. At least no one would be dehydrated.

Four Minutes....

Kyp scooted closer to Badim and whispered into his ear. Or where he thought his ear was in the mess of grass. "I gotta get close, I'll see ya in four." With that Kyp pushed his body forward and down the steep hill. He kept a pace that'd get him to the edge of the tall grass quickly but without unnecessary noise. With each pushed forward he looked directly down and ahead of him as not to break any fallen twigs or sticks.

Three Minutes...

The Jedi Master turned moving bush continued his pace. He unclipped the harness from his body and shrugged it off. It could potentially catch on something and give him away. He was a quarter down the hill and already sweat was begin to cover his face and drip from his eyes brows.

Two Minutes..

Kyp slid underneath a fallen tree and quickly picked himself up to rush into the next patch of tall grass. He laid completely still and listened. He heard no unusual movement so after fifteen seconds he continued forward. He was beginning to feel the hill level out. Ahead he could see the open land between the forest and the harvesting center.

One Minute.

He pushed his way out of the last of the tall grass and suddenly felt exposed. His gut dropped low into his abdomen as he rolled into and against a ditch created as somewhat of a perimeter to the facility. Above he heard the sound of boots impacting the grass. He timed the foot steps in his head to figure the guard was only walking at a casual pace. Kyp reached down low into his boot and pulled free a five inch blade. He usual used it to cut objects that would do so well underneath a lightsaber. Here it would come into use once again.

He could not risk the guards hearing the distinctive hiss of his lightsaber. Kyp firmly gripped the knife with the blade pointing down and away. The foot steps grew closer till they were right above him. He the guard to move on before he quickly climbed out of the ditch and pursued the guard. Once he was right behind him Kyp sprung up from his crouched state and wrapped his left hand around the guards mouth from behind. Before the guard could raise his arms to break the seal on his mouth, Kyp plunged the dagger deep into his heart. The human body of the guard began to go limp as he twisted the dagger and sealed his fate.

As Kyp slowly let the corpse fall to the ground he heard a guard behind him. "What the-" the guard said as he began to rise his weapon high into a firing position. Kyp turned and cocked his arm back. The guard's rifle rose to the firing position as he placed his cheek to the stock and aimed. Kyp's armed flung forward and his wrist snapped as the dagger flew an tumbled from his hand. The guards finger curled around the trigger and Kyp felt his eyes close as he reached for his lightsaber and willed the dagger to reach it's intended target.

Time seemed to slow to a crawl as Kyp pulled free his lightsaber and ignited it at the same time. He reached out with his mind expecting to sense the incoming bolt of fiery plasma. Instead he saw the guard falling lifelessly to the ground. The blade has pierced his throat and cut the nerves leading to his brain. Their was no scream or gurgling. Simply death as his limp corpse collasped to it's knees and into fell into the ditch where Kyp had been only moments ago.

With a push and shove Kyp placed the other guards body into the ditch and retrieved the boot knife as a klaxon sounded off in the distance. Shift change.

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, August 01st 2010 09:43pm    Post subject:

“I gotta get close, see ya in four.” With that Kyp pushed his body forward and down the steep hill. Badim looked to his left, then right, seeing Tseneca, Emmett and Sethe preparing for the four minutes to disappear so they could begin. Badim sighed, then followed Kyp’s tactic, taking a different path so the two could close in on the patrols from the east and west. Kyp taking the west side, Badim taking the east.

Three minutes, Badim muttered in his head, carefully making sure he stayed in as much cover as possible, climbing into a small ditch so he could at least crouch and move slightly faster that the crawl he was in. Badim moved forward, seeing a lone guard begin to walk along the edge of the ditch. Badim stayed still, watching as the foolish guard turned his back to him to smoke a cigarette away from the prying eyes of his fellow guards. Badim silently walked up to the guard‘s back, wrapped a hand around his mouth and pulled him into the ditch as his cigarette fell to the dirt. The muffled breath that escaped Badim’s fingers were quickly silenced as the man gasped, Badim’s wrist blade entering the man’s chest, right where his heart was.

Badim watched as the man’s eyes slowly fluttered as they turned to every direction, then roll into his head and lay still.

One minute, Badim moved forward, gripping the guard’s blaster as he got down on his stomach again to reenter the grass, gently pushing it aside along with twigs as he pushed forward.
He heard a siren sound in the distance after he set aside some more branches and twigs. Time to roll.

Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 04:42am    Post subject:

The coalition of Vratix was one of the most memorable moments she had ever experienced. Since activation, the majority of her time had been spent monitoring and instructing the children of Alatáriël and Ryan Pallanén-Davad to daily corporate operations. For a brief moment on Thyferra, she had been an instrumental piece of a chorus devoted to restoring peace and justice. A tyrant had stripped a people of their basic rights. In the days which had passed, she genuinely felt moved by the vibrations of their vocal chords, a unified cry to end the reign of terror brought forth by Dmtir Bakh-Lowry.

Alisson had watched the blossoming relationship between Jonas Eisley and Lucas Pallanén-Davad, one of the triplet Kuati children under her tutelage years ago. Watching Lucas accept and pursue a partner brought warm and generally happy feelings to the basis of her programming. The mixed being the eventual and probable 'heart break'. Humans experienced a ninety-percent relationship failure rate, with the remaining ten percent mixed with sporadic or constant unhappiness. Alisson preferred to be alone, but this thought reminded her of Tseneca.

The woman had been alone for almost two decades, when finally, the self-defined love of her life returns from the darkness of space. Their mating took place multiple times, and she contemplated the odds of success in their romantic endeavor. It was higher than Lucas, but Alisson was extremely skeptical over Emmett and Sethe. Tseneca was just hours from inheriting a fortune... beautiful men from all over the galaxy would throw themselves at her feet, guard her at every turn, if it meant access to the mounds of credit sticks behind her name.

Alisson had the unique view behind this pain, the very nature of Badim Soilding. He was lost, tormented by survivor's guilt, perhaps even a tad bit mad. Human brain functions were sub-par considering other species in the galaxy, and their ability to cope much slower. Badim's heart was metaphorically torn and bleeding from the inside out, his appearance was dark and solemn. Alisson recalled moments of laughter and joy, and compared them to the images the night before their impeding raid against the House of Lowry. He was becoming a different man.

Kyp Durron remained a mystery to her. He was protective as he was vague. She had no doubt he sensed her true nature, but he had never openly discussed this piece of information. She valued the respect given by the Jedi Master, and enjoyed his company, even on the rare occasion the pair had spoken to one another. Lucas had spent several hours describing the legend behind the man, and she was equally won-over. He had aged over the course of time, something that would never truly affect her, but had done with Durron, gracefully. His body had never failed him in action, and his mind keen as ever.

Alisson cocked the blaster she was holding, several of the Vratix had poured out of their respective speeders. A small child, one of the youngest to accompany them, had broken formation and was racing across the House of Lowry. Alisson noticed the youngster too late, as a guard planted the hilt of his blaster into the young insectoid's face. A wave of emotion out poured from their position, the sudden surge of "wild" Vratix crawling over steps of the door and into the house.

Alisson fired multiple shots, easily bringing down the guards in her path. The Vratix were not trained enough to the level of precision Alisson would have preferred, but the emotion and adrenaline seemed to carry them through the threshold, well beyond her own calculations. As she entered the house, Sara and Dex were behind her as Firi covered the body of the fallen Vratix. She scooped the youngest up, and set him inside a safe zone. He was still breathing, the guard no doubt under orders to keep the precious commodities alive.

Sara led the next advancement, pursuing the upper levels, while Dex and Firi moved towards blocking the guard's armory. Alisson needed to secure and distort any kind of internal transmissions, and dismantle any kind of artificial assistance that could be aiding the guards against the Vratix' resistance...
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 05:04am    Post subject:

The klaxons set things in motion, and it passed slowly, as though between beats of the heart. Dmtir seemed to have caught that Lucas was not sent to inspect bacta production and shipment, that fact had become apparent at the time he surrendered his lightsaber. The bacta tycoon was intelligent enough to leave it well from an easy Force grab. A Jedi, however, was not completely useless without his signature weapon, however.

Dmtir snarled as the siren's sounds blared, "Kill them." Lucas felt this was against his original plan, but even the old fool recognized the value of ending the fight before either would have a chance to begin. Luckily for them, however, they were prepared for such treachery.

Jonas kicked the nearest guard in the groin, finishing with an uppercut into the man's nose. Blood drizzled from the inside of his nostrils, before the large body hit the ground. Two guards rose their blasters at their master's command, but Lucas had anticipated this. Their necks snapped and their heads awkwardly pushed into an inhuman twist, as the Force wave meant their bodies. The blasters were ripped from their dead hands and found Jonas.

"Surrender," Lucas stated, "It's over." Dmtir turned his lip, his eyes casually mounted the image of his guards. Their faces were frozen on a horrified expression. Jonas rose the blaster into the older man's face, his tongue slipping in and out as though a snake. Lucas could sense he felt like a dog backed into a corner. It was not a pretty place to be, and it showed.

"Boy," was all that escaped his pursed lips.

"You are a disgusting creature, Dmtir Bakh-Lowry. It was difficult not to leap and smother you at the table." Lucas motioned for Jonas to bring him about, but a tingle of the Force, sent him and the Nar Shaddaa-born to the ground. A blast turret unleashed a net around their position, Dmtir slipped through the harvesting field, and into the doorway to an underground facility. Jonas lifted his head, but the red bolts pinged all around their location.

"Sith shit on a frakkin' stick," Lucas hissed, but Jonas took the opportunity to toss the Telburn hat into the open, the turret operator mutilating the fabric. A grin spread across the guy's face, clearly, something good had come out of the turn of events...
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 10:47am    Post subject:

Allison had led the group to the center, which was shut tight from the outside. While half of the group held off an oncoming guard, Tseneca turned to Allison. "We have to find another way in."

She could hear shots ringing from the inside. Lucas and Jonas were trapped in there, being pelted with blaster bolts. She put her hand on the blast metal of the compound, and concentrated. She felt Lucas do the same from the other side. Then... he shot her an idea.

She unclipped the lightsaber from her belt and willed him to stand back as she meticulously cut a large hole in the side of the center. The blast plate came loose and she ducked as a blaster bolt came flying through, followed by Jonas and Lucas.

Lucas came out, snatched her lightsaber from her and rolled back in. A clanking metal sound was heard, followed by the static spark of disabled machinery. Lucas had destroyed the turret gun.

"Clear!" He yelled out, and the group followed and paused inside. Lucas handed her back her lightsaber, and Allison handed him his own, which she had found on one of the fallen guards.

"Where did he go." Sethe asked, at this point hoping Dmtir would have been covered.

"There." Jonas pointed to the blast opening of another room. Lucas had already ignited his lightsaber and was working at creating an opening.

"You jedi have no respect for locked doors." Joked Emmett, but pointed his blaster at the opening, as were they all.

They cleared an entry way, shooting the sentry guards that blocked the stairway into a much larger ante-chamber.

They trooped down. "You do realize that this stairway will filter us out to be picked off one by one?"

Tseneca concentrated on her footing, the narrow passageway leaving little to be desired. "then we'll shoot first." She responded.

But there were no assailants when the passage leveled out. Nor was there Dmtir.
 Back to top »
Emmett Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 10:58am    Post subject:

The room was dark, the glow of the lightsabers becoming eerie in the wide ante-chamber. There were seven of them, and four Vratix. Sara, Dex and the remainder of the Vratix were holding the estate itself, while it was up to them to find Dmtir. The plan was in action.

"What is this place?" Emmett heard Tseneca whisper. He felt for her hand, it was cold when he grasped it. She held her lightsaber up, the crimson glow shining on her face, showing the nervousness in her eyes, a gaunt anxiety. The room smelled dank, reeking of formaldehyde and fermented denin. and something else...

"Sithspawn..." Lucas uttered a curse and Emmett heard the muffled screech emitted from one or more of the Vratix.

Tseneca turned the light following her, and he felt her hand grip his.

There, as the light was held higher, numerous Vratix lined the walls. All dead and still dripping Denin into tubular vessals, the dull olive black of their skin fell against their lifeless bodies. Emmett felt his stomach turn and saw tseneca put her hand to her mouth in abject horror at the grisly scene. The few Vratix with them had fallen to their knees and were clicking fiercely. Firi was crying softly nearby, Badim holding onto her shaking shoulders.

"From such things comes the marking of ages..." Kyp uttered into the darkness.
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 11:12am    Post subject:

"Acrid bacta".

The words broke the horrified silence, and the charging sound of ready blasters came through the darkness.

Sethe whirled around, as did the others, and there, seated behind a desk sat Dmtir Bakh-Lowry. His face was lit by the glowing of a lamp, and he flipped a switch that activated more of the same dim lights on the walls. He was flanked by four guards, each of which held a blaster pointed directly at them.

"I hope you don't mind the lighting. Direct light harms the extraction process. But I believe it lends to a sort of ambiance, don't you?" He squinted, looking them each over. Sethe eyed each of the guards.

"You're more or less outnumbered." he said, looking Dmtir directly.

"Ah, but plan B always is better then the initial" Dmtir held his hand up. In it rested a pressure sensitive charge, a small one. "I always feel that the best battles are placed on ones own grounding. It seems to me that of all those here, I alone know the way out, and I alone can toss this in before taking my leave. You think I haven't dealt with resistance before? Although I wouldn't have thought the Ashern would recruit human mercenary's, but, here you have it. Regardless, you will die, and have less than a few seconds to make up your mind about how."

"Actually, Uncle, you're the one with the decisions to make." Tseneca stepped forward.
 Back to top »
Dmtir Bakh-Lowry
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 11:28am    Post subject:

Dmtir had the upper hand, he knew. Four to ten was an unlucky ratio, but he felt confident in the fact that he was the one with the explosive, not the band of renegades that stood before him.

But the voice. That threw him for a loop. It was Alanna Secta-Lowry's voice, causing chills through his spine and down into his toes. Thoughts of ghosts, the original ones the ones he was fed to back when nights bothered him, back when the blood was fresh intoxicated him.

But no. The woman who came forward had dark hair, and large almond eyes. She was slender and medium height. The crimson glow played across her face and his blood ran slightly colder than usual. The apparition looked more like Ren. Dubiously like Ren.

"You don't remember me, Dmtir?" She spoke and her voice dripped bitterness. "Tell me you don't recall your long ago niece."

Dmtir choked. "Tseneca." he bit out. "Ren's daughter." He made a wide gesture with his hands, recovering himself. "My! how you've grown! By the gods, I thought it was the ghost of your mother, come back to reprimand me one last time."

"This isn't a reunion, Dmtir. I've come to take back whats mine."

He scoffed. The little upstart. "Aha. Well, i'm afraid I can't do that little Sen. It's unfortunately not in the cards. But can I negotiate a lovely little dowry for you? Or are you past that now." He looked at the man who had stepped behind her. Isaard's little stoogie, incredible. It was as if Dmtir had been placed on a game show, as if a joke was being played on him.

"No negotiations but the ones on my own terms." Tseneca said and stepped forward still. The blasters were trained on her, but the others didn't move. Dmtir held the charge to remind them.

"What will you have me do?" He dripped venom. "Abdicate? to you? it's my understanding that the powers that be would find it hard to adjust to such a change in terms. Come forward one more step and I will have you and your party blown to pieces before the day is out." He grinned toothfully. "Just as I did your parents and bratling brother."
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 12:04pm    Post subject:

this post is rated PG-13

Tseneca felt something snap, like a cord behind her neck, or a piece of twine in her lower back. She lunged, dodging the sudden firing from the guards and with a powerful rush of the force sent Dmtir flying against the wall. Her mind flowed forth, crushing the hand that held the detonater into the metal behind him, effectively pinning his now broken fingers to the button. He struggled to breathe as she used her forefingers and thumb through the force to squeeze his larynx. She felt the tightly knitted beams of light, the wall she and Firi had built up so well, brak like a dam, as the darkness rushed forward. She felt that power, and a stunning hatred for the man who she now knew killed her family.

"You." she hissed. "it was you all along."

She let his windpipe go long enough for him to speak. He was ordering his guards not to shoot. but looked down at her grimly. "If you kill me, you are not your father's daughter after all."

She growled. "My father taught me little about preserving the lives of little men." She squeezed harder. "Especially little men with their talons dipped in blood."

He coughed. "You won't kill me." he hissed. "You don't have it in you."

"Is that a bet." She said and pushed harder, letting the darkside rush through her veins, revelling in the moment.

"Tseneca." Emmett's voice came through the dark and she blinked. "Tseneca, this isn't you."

The fog lifted slightly, and she saw, in the third person, what was transpiring. Then, she just squeezed harder. "What do you know!?" She snapped at Emmett. "What could you possibly know about it."

Emmett stepped forward, even as the others held back and watched. "I know that you're better than this."

She relaxed again, feeling the light work to build the wall again. Emmett was right, she couldn't give into this. She thought of Badim, of the pact they had made. She thought of Lucas, whose trust she had and wanted to keep. Of Kyp and what he had taught her. and lastly, of her father, who never would have wanted this.

She let Dmtir slide to the floor, Still pinning his broken fingers to the detonator. "You don't deserve this." She sneered at him.

"Ah, but you do." He croaked.

Before she could react, before anyone could react, Dmtir signaled the guards to shoot.

Tseneca whirled around, even as the others fired back, even as Emmett, who stood ahead of the others, took two shots in the chest.

She felt her mind reel, felt her muscles tighten, felt her chest gasp for air. She could have sworn she shouted, could have sworn she screamed, but before any of it was done, the guards were down and Emmett was too.

She let out a cry and pulled Dmtir up with the force, holding him above her like a windmill. She threw him against one of the denin units and pulled one of the dead Vratix's arms around him like a set of restraints.
She could barely hear him beg for mercy. Could barely hear him cry out. "This is what you wanted!? " She yelled, her voice raising in pain and anger and grief. "is it!?" She pulled the needled cords out of the Vratix corpse and thrust them, one by one into Dmtir, piercing skin and vein. "You want to live? Why should you live while others die for your sins? How many have you killed, uncle? How MANY!?" She jabbed and stabbed the tubes in with the aid of the force and the suction began to draw fluid from him, bile and blood. She held him there while the juices were drained from him, while his brain was starved for oxygen.

And then, right before she felt his heart stop, she let him drop, releasing him from the death hold.

She stood over him, as he stared up at her with a blank expression, semi conscious, a human vegitable. "Incapacitated are we?" She hissed. "Well, then you can hear the hums and jeers of them as they deal with you." She stepped aside as the four living Vratix covered him with their sharp mandibles and clawed arms, peeling him off the floor and taking him elsewhere, like a prize. They would do with him as they would, and it was no concern of hers.

Her mind cleared and she blanched, trying hard not to vomit. She spun around and lurched toward Emmett who lay on the ground. Lucas held his hands to Emmett's chest.

"I'm not a healer..." he whispered. "It's... not good."

Tseneca picked Emmett's head up and cradled it in her lap. "No..." she whispered. "Please don't."

Emmett took a slight breath and looked up at her. "Don't what?" he joked, then coughed. Blood trickled out of the corner of his mouth and she tried to wipe it away. "It's not so bad." He winced. "I mean, its been so long anyway, right. Oh, don't cry Sen, please don't cry..."

She felt the tears come out and pour over her face, felt her heartbreak even as Emmett took his last breath and exhaled it, giving in to the end beats of his own heart.

She bent her head and stayed there, adversely feeling the darkside fade and the light barrel up that blackend ink of evil that had clouded her vision only moments before. Only then was she able to feel the horrendous pain pierce through her, the pain that worshiped loss.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 01:00pm    Post subject:

Listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA6zH7gKSr4&feature=related - Modern Warfare 2 - Introduction Song Extended

Badim held Firi’s shoulders, the young woman hadn’t seen this much horror in her entire life, possibly not even on Iego. He didn’t recall her as a Diathim or Hybrid, she was just a woman with wings. He didn’t have his cloak, and thus was experiencing everything they were without his hood. They watched as the scene around them unfolded, Badim grimacing at every moment and flick of Dmtir’s tongue. He was a disgrace and murderous, it reminded Badim of Jelahan.
Tseneca had lashed out, pinning the man and the detonator in his hands to the wall, being molded into the steel wall through the Force.

He raised his blaster and began to fire in self-defense once Dmtir gave the order to his guards to shoot them. Badim was only paying attention to the attacking guards, and didn’t hear Tseneca’s screams until it was too late. He searched around, looking at Tseneca first as she began to mutilate Dmtir then to Emmett. Emmett.

Badim fell to Emmett’s side along with Lucas as they both tried to see what they could do. Emmett had been shot twice in the chest, and Badim could only envision himself in Tseneca’s position, the landing pad all over again. The fire she was able to bring to bare on Dmtir in pure rage and remorse, her quick stride to Emmett to try and stop him from dying. Tears fell down her face as she held Emmett for his last words and breath, pressing her face to Emmett’s dead body.

Badim reached for Firi’s comlink, his was destroyed moments after Clare’s death. He left the room to leave Tseneca alone as she grasped Emmett and wrapped herself around him. He tapped a button on the device to contact Sara and she quickly replied.
“What is it, Firi!?” Sara yelled, briefly giving an order to H6 to deal with a sniper, “I’m kinda busy right now!”

“Sara, it’s me.” Badim said calmly. He didn’t hear a reply for a while until Sara came back more calmly herself, but blaster fire and Vratix mandible clicking could still be heard.

“What’s going on?”

“…Dmtir’s dead.”

“Well, that’s--”

“So is Emmett.”

Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, August 02nd 2010 01:16pm    Post subject:

Sara froze. The news that Emmett was dead, the man Tseneca had been searching her life for. Her cover was being hit with blaster bolts from fierce combat, but she could only sit there, her mouth open with no words escaping. She could only imagine the pain Tseneca was experiencing, the loss and remorse that Badim had just gone through. The loss of her own parents on Nar Shaddaa, killed by Urnath Dirod seven years ago filled her again no matter how much she repressed the emotions.
She finally breathed, having no idea she was holding her breath in shock.
“How’s Tseneca--” she bit her lip, making a notable pause among the still raging battle around her, “Where are you all? Where should we meet?”

“Back at the commune after you’re done over there,” Badim said coldly, feeling the loss Tseneca was feeling, “Don’t do anything risky. See you at the commune.”

Sara clipped the comlink back to her belt and breathed again, counting to five and vaulting out of cover to finish and destroy what Dmtir started. Watching as the Vratix climbed the steps of the estate to deal with the last of Dmtir’s guards.
H6 strode to her side, firing his blaster with an accuracy that blew her mind, and an agility she couldn’t comprehend as he dodged blaster fire that came searing past his head and made eerie scorch marks all over his body. The guards weren’t just missing H6, they were making him look more intimidating with every missed shot.

Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Thyferra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: