Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Division 26 Rally Point
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Bastion » Division 26 Rally Point
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Thu, June 10th 2010 01:22am    Post subject:

Neo grunted in acknowledgement as they rounded another corner in the winding course. "Let me guess, Fay?" At Jendob's surprised expression, Neo chuckled. "Sergeant, if you haven't learned this already you will: the only thing that travels faster than light in any military is scuttlebutt. From what I've heard, Fay doesn't sound too bad; she's just too damn eager for her own good...or for the good of her outfit." Neo nodded to a pair of Army corporals who were resting on the side of the track from their own run as the troopers passed by. "My superior's got a slighly different problem," Neo confessed. "He thinks the sun shines out of every orifice in his body. Got in on some academy scholarship or other and saw way too many war vids before joining."

"And you know what the worse part is?" he asked, turning his head to spit into the bushes that were appearing along the side of the track. "Kid's not even Corps material. He's an Army transfer with a stick so far up his ass you can see it whenever he opens his mouth."

Tag: Moff

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, June 10th 2010 02:22am    Post subject:

"Had a couple of those in boot," I breathed, wincing at the recollection. "Still, now we're stuck here, shining up our boots and our armor in the hopes that the Moffs will leap into action."

I shook my head slightly in disgust. "Damn waste of a division."

We continued on a moment. He'd let me bitch at him about my CO; least I could do for the old man was hear his woes. "So, just how bad is this Army transplant of yours?"

Tag: Cheapy

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Thu, June 10th 2010 10:14am    Post subject:

Neo's lungs were starting to ache a bit at the run, but he didn't mind sparing the air to respond. "Bad. Lieutenant Halls thinks he's the best thing to happen to the platoon since the Corps stopped using duraplast armor. He's got ambitions, but what really pisses me off is he has a habit of micro-managing the entire platoon. Exercises, PT assignments, training schedules...he doesn't step on the platoon sergeants' toes, he smashes them with a frakking walker and pisses on the flattened remains. It's like he thinks we're all incompetant children, and he has to do everything himself."

They continued silently for a moment until Neo regained the oxygen to open his mouth again. "And the kicker? He's barely twenty-four standard years old and won't listen to the advice of veteren NCOs who have ten years on him. In his mind, if you're not an officer, you're not good for much more than grunt work."

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, June 11th 2010 01:04am    Post subject:

Frak. Little bastard is younger than me, was my first thought. Of course, a bit more surprising was a Storm Commando Master Sergeant pouring his guts out to a junior NCO. Sure, it was one grade difference, but in the new ranking system, everything past Staff Sergeant represented a large jump in responsibility, authority, and standing from the last grade.

Well, at least he knew enough to talk about his problems. I knew a few other men who lacked that redeeming characteristic. And two of them are related to me...

"Yeah, that's pretty rough," I said finally. "Officers... can't live with them," I joked. "Might be able to live without them, though."

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, June 11th 2010 11:23am    Post subject:

Neo grinned. "Careful Sergeant," he mock-warned, "that's mutiny. I should report you for that." The two of them chuckled as they continued their run. By now both of them were beginning to become winded, but Neo kept up his pace. Jendob was finally starting to relax, and the more he could talk to her the less likely she would be to rip some poor trooper's head off later. Neo found himself slightly surprised at his willingness to open up to a younger trooper, especially one not in the Commandos. Iego must have shaken me more than I thought, he realized grimly. The image of Ellis screaming as she was dragged away by the planet's natives flashed through his mind, and he squeezed his eyes shut to clear it away. Stop it. We rescued her. She's on leave with her family.

"So how much action have you seen as a platoon sergeant?" he asked, switching topics to cover up his momentary distress.

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, June 11th 2010 02:21pm    Post subject:

I shook my head again. "None as a platoon sergeant. Just got it a few weeks ago. A few little brushfires here and there before that; pirates."

Glancing over at Sarkk again, I asked, "If you don't mind my asking, what about you? I mean, you guys are the top of the ladder. I'd imagine you're not brought out until it really hits the fan."

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, June 11th 2010 11:20pm    Post subject:

Neo nodded. "I saw plenty of action during the War," he replied, not even bothering to say which war; both of them knew which one he was referring to. "Nemoidia, Wayland, Kashyyyk...Sithspit, that last one was a bloody nightmare. Twelve-hour patrols, four or five hours of sleep if you're lucky, and Wookiees dropping out of nowhere to rip a few troopers in half with their bare hands at least twice daily. I still don't know how I survived two weeks of that clusterfrak; a lot of my friends didn't."

They were nearing the end of the run; both troopers were burning out, and their pace had been halved by fatigue. Still, they continued to jog mechanically back to the PT complex, their boots rythmically crunching on the gravel. "But if you're talking about recent action," Neo said, "then my last assignment was on Iego, in the Outer Rim."

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, June 12th 2010 12:31am    Post subject:

I'd pretty much sweated out all of my rage at Captain Fay and a certain Navy Lieutenant, and was ready to go. Still, there was something in the way he mentioned Iego... "What were you doing all the way out there? I mean, if you can tell me."

Usually, Storm Commando missions were not for the ears of everyone. Of course, if he let slip some secret, who would I tell? My own father would probably know about it... and he certainly instilled the value of secrecy in me.

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, June 12th 2010 12:59am    Post subject:

Neo hesitated for a moment as they slowed to a walk; they were approaching the barracks, and his mission details weren't for the average grunt's ears. "Let's take a cooldown lap," he suggested, passing by the entrance for another circle around the track. His suit's environmental systems, no longer taxed by his exercise, began to work more effectively at cooling his body as they walked. His muscles ached at the run, and combined with the sessions he had performed with the practice dummy already he was definately winded. I'm getting too old for this, Neo realized with a tinge of sadness.

"You've probably heard of Vera Nico," he said, glancing at Jendob to gauge her reaction to the name. "A few weeks ago my team and I were assigned to track her down and apprehend her, alive if possible. She led us on a merry chase through the Outer Rim before running to ground in the Extrictarium Nebula. Our ship got ambushed by droid fighters Nico had rigged in the dust clouds, and we went in hard." Neo was surprised at how easy it was to relay the events of his last mission; usually he was much more tight-lipped. If this keeps up, I'll need to see the damn shrink, he thought bitterly.

"The gunship split open on impact, but all of us were more or less okay. We started heading towards the crash site of another ship we saw go down, hoping we could get a ride offworld." Neo's voice trailed off as he remembered the attack. "And then we got hit."

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, June 12th 2010 01:11am    Post subject:

I looked at the grizzled veteran as he recounted the tale. "Hit?" I asked simply. He already had my complete attention.

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, June 12th 2010 01:42am    Post subject:

Neo walked in silence for a moment and didn't answer. Finally, without looking up he continued. "I still don't know what they were; they were native to Iego, I know that much. But whatever the hell they were, they weren't friendly."

"About thirty minutes from the crash site, we started finding burrows, holes in the ground about two meters wide. My El-Tee ordered me to check one of them out, and I had barely shined my glowrod inside before some sort of huge reptilian thing leapt out at me. My squad opened up on it with blasters, but the bolts didn't do much besides piss it off. I hit it in the belly three times with my sidearm and took it down, but more started pouring up all around us." Neo squeezed his eyes shut and pinched the bridge of his nose. His heart started beating faster as he remembered that terrifying night.

"We must have been at least half a klick away from the downed ship by then. With those things on our heels, howling and roaring behind us, we covered that distance in a few minutes flat. One of the officers, the team's XO, tripped and was dragged away by four of the bastards; there wasn't anything we could do to help him. There had to be dozens of the beasts already, and their cries were attracting more. The sun had set, so we were relying on our visors to see them, but their armor was so thick they might as well have been made of ice; thermal imaging was useless and night vision wasn't much better with all the blaster bolts flying."

The more he talked, the more Neo realized that a weight was lifting off his chest. He needed to tell someone about the horrors on that blasted moon, even if that someone was an NCO one pay grade lower than him and who happpened to be a Moff's daughter. "We reached the crash site, but no one was there. The ship, a small frigate of some sort, had buried itself half in the ground. We scrambled up its hull and tried to establish some sort of defensive perimeter to hold them off..." He glanced down at his boots and shook his head. "Two of my squad were taken that night. Corporal Dome was swarmed by a dozen of those monsters, and the others dragged Private Ellis screaming into the darkness. They would have taken all of us...if the angel hadn't shown up."

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, June 12th 2010 02:02am    Post subject:

"An angel? I've heard of them, heard the stories and all. But... wow," I gasped. "How did it save you?"

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, June 12th 2010 12:05pm    Post subject:

"She had-I don't know, some kind of glowing orb. It seemed to scare the creatures off when she flashed it at them, or maybe it was actually hurting them." Neo let out a breath he forgot he had been holding at the memory. "She was...beautiful, yeah, but she had this angellic perfection. Her skin was so pale it almost glowed, and her voice sent shivers through me." His face burned as he realized how he sounded. "Frak, I sound like a love-struck poet. Anyway, she took us to her home, a small hut near the mountains where the survivors from the ship had holed up. One of them was a Jedi, even. We gathered what we could from a nearby junkyard to repair their ship, and the angel-Firi, that was her name-was taken by another one of those creatures. My squad's biosigns were still readable, so we traced them through one of the larger tunnels and rescued them, along with a few of the other captives."

Neo shrugged in his armor dismissively. "Nico ended up escaping, but my superiors didn't blame us for that. "Unforseen circumstances" they said. I ended up getting another clasp on my Wound Award from braking a few ribs in the junkyard, and after they reviewed my helmet cam recordings General Baeton reccomended me for the Medal of Valor. Haven't heard back on that yet, though."

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, June 12th 2010 05:58pm    Post subject:

I didn't know what to say. It was clear that the ordeal had been especially traumatic, even though he ultimately rescued all of his squadmates and a few others. I could understand the trauma; there was just something more frightening about being chased by a wild creature that could shrug off megajoule-level plasma bolts than being up against an armed foe that blaster fire did work against.

"Sounds like..." I almost said fun, in that manner of gallows humor shared among soldiers. "Hell."

I certainly have no intentions of going to Iego now...

"But at least you all made it out. So, you've got that going for you."

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Sun, June 13th 2010 10:40am    Post subject:

Meanwhile...

Zero tightened the last bolt and ran a diagnostic of the firing circuit. Dunvayne had thought it was a bad idea. Zero had been quick to admonish the corporal. After all, he was by himself at an isolated firing range and in full armor. What could possibly go wrong?

The miniature concussion charge launcher was an addition to his blaster arm that was recently created from his boredom. It barely fit next to the blaster barrel and hacking terminal. The actual grenades had taken more time to fabricate than the new rig, but it would be worth it.

If this worked, he'd be able to start work on new multi-weapon rifles for the Corps. He raised his arm and fired two bolts from the blaster. They hit the target as expected and he immediately switched the circuit to fire a grenade. The charge went through one of the holes from his blaster fire and hit the back wall. The charge proved to have more kick than he thought; and put a hole in the wall the size of a fist. Daylight streamed through and he could hear a commotion.

"Oh crap, not again...

"I love the Imperial Army! I can blow things up and they usually don't yell at me for it!"
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, June 13th 2010 06:29pm    Post subject:

Neo snorted softly. "Yeah, there's that." Surprisingly, they were done with the cooldown lap. The track was starting to curve around towards the starting line, and Neo glanced towards the PT barracks for a moment before turning back to Jendob. "So are you still quivering with rage, or did that run burn you out? I'm old and crotchety, you know, so I'm probably supposed to be gasping for air at this point." He shrugged, his mood somewhat lifted from the conversation.

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, June 13th 2010 09:49pm    Post subject:

I laughed. "Yeah, don't worry... my company's officers are safe another day. Thanks for the run."

I thought a moment. "What about you? Are you all right?"

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, June 15th 2010 09:58pm    Post subject:

Neo gazed out at the soldiers marching and exercising on the open grounds before him as he considered the question. The events of that night would never leave him, he knew. And while it was true that he had managed to recover his team in the end, wheneve he looked into Ellis' or Dome's eyes he would remember that night, when they were dragged screaming into the bowels of hell. He would remember the darkness of those catacombs, the monsters that seemed to lurk in every crevice and shadow.

And he would remember the lengths he had gone to get them back.

Neo turned to Jendob and offered her a slight grin. "Yeah. I think I'll be okay.

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Wed, June 16th 2010 02:05am    Post subject:

I grinned. "Well, all right then, Master Sergeant. I should probably get going. I'm sure once the Moffs actually do decide to do something, we'll be getting out of this place. And, if we run into each other again... I'd be honored to fight alongside you."

I gave him a brief, but heartfelt salute. Some felt that Storm Commandos were all mindless killers, or fanatics in fancy armor that thought nothing of burning down a village to kill a single target. Sometimes, I wondered if the rumors were true. But if Sarkk was anything to go by, then there was nothing to worry about.

Turning on my heel, I walked away from the sergeant and back toward the base.

You can say something additional to her, Cheapy... or this can be the end of it here. Up to you. PM me so I know. :)

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Mon, June 21st 2010 05:34pm    Post subject:

"No, no, no, no, no.... this is totally going to work, Dunvayne. The charge is loaded into the chamber; and the firing switch activates the electromagnet that repels it out of the barrel and into the target. I'm telling you, this is going to revolutionize Stormtrooper weaponry!"

Zero drained his glass of ale as Dunvayne looked at the addition to his sergeant's mechanical arm. The corporal could only chuckle at the thought of Zero contributing a design to the Imperial Remnant.

[color=yellow]"You're crazy, Zero. After you holed the wall in the firing range? You're lucky they didn't revolutionize your job title."[/color

Zero was about to say something, when a broadcast cut across the programming in the bar holoscreens. It was Daara Zend, addressing the galaxy and expressing her intent to wipe out the Imperial Remnant and New Republic. Was this even for real? he could hardly believe what he was seeing.

"Somebody tell me I'm wrong. Somebody tell me Daara frakking Zend did not just declare war on the entire galaxy..."

Tag: Moff, Cheapy if y'all wanna say anything, that is

"I love the Imperial Army! I can blow things up and they usually don't yell at me for it!"
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, July 10th 2010 10:24pm    Post subject:

No.

Neo stared at the holoscreen, his beer forgotten on the bar in front of him, as his mind raced like fire.

...artillery rounds slamming into the earth, shattering trees and sending dirt flying into the air. Armored boots digging divots in the ground as they ran past a wounded stormtrooper, both of his legs burned away through his armor...

Ellis was staring at the screen, her jaw open and the joke on her lips forgotten. Dome and Keran, who had paused from their arm-wrestling to watch the broadcast, were standing from their stools to get a better look at the frozen image of Grand Admiral Zend. Lance turned away from the sight to place a hand on Neo's shoulder. "Sarge?"

...Wookiees descending from the trees above, swinging down on vines with bowcasters and ryyk blades, falling on the patrol like a storm. A stormtrooper was lifted off his feet, his blaster knocked aside, as one Wookiee ripped his arm out of his socket with its bare hands...

"Sarge!"

Neo was shaking now, shaking with fear and rage and a handful of other emotions he couldn't recognize as he stared at the face of the woman who had betrayed everything he believed in.

...Admiral Daala's flagship burning over Mon Calamari, the once-magnificent Star Dreadnought slowly losing orbit before exploding in a fireball that spread across the galaxy...

...Jagged Fel waving to the masses, a reluctant smile on his face as he took the reigns of Imperial power before the fire consumed him...

...Daara Zend's laughing visage as the galaxy burned before her...

"Traitor!"

A dozen heads whipped around as Neo bolted up from his seat, fists clenched in anger. "Murdering, traitorous, deserting...bitch!" In one motion he snatched up his beer bottle and hurled it at the holoscreen. The glass container flew through the projected image and shattered against the metal wall behind in a shower of golden liquid.

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Thu, July 15th 2010 06:55pm    Post subject:

Main Firing Range

0900 Hours

"This is crazy, Zero. How the hell did you convince them to actually let you do a live demo of your launcher?"

Dunvayne was whispering, of course. They were surrounded by many high-ranking officers and officials who were waiting to see the test of Zero's weapon. Naturally, the corporal was nervous. It seemed everyone who was from Aurek Company at the demo weer nervous as well. If the test went as well as some of Zero's experiments, this had the possibility to go bad very quickly.

"Just shut up, will ya? They want any ideas they can get after Zend went live across the Holonet channels. Now just chill, this will be great."

Stepping out to the table that held his equipment, Zero removed his helmet and looked towards the assembled crowd. He had to use every bit of his Stormtrooper training to not show how nervous he was.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am Technical Sergeant Randoth Subdern. As a Stormtrooper, I have faced many dangers while protecting the interests of the Imperial Remnant. However, I have found that in some situations, the average Stormtrooper needs to be able to deliver more firepower when faced with certain challenges."

He paused slightly, remembering the day he lost his arm to pirates.

"Of course, to be able to do this, the Imperial Remnant must also keep costs and efficiency in mind. And so, it is my pleasure to present for the first public test: The Subdern Multiple Weapon Rifle"

Zero opened the case on the table and held up what looked like an E-22 blaster rifle. However, a small launcher was mounted under the barrel, more compact than previous undermount launchers.

"The Subdern MWR is a new wave in the future of infantry weaponry. Light and compact, it is also made of cost-effective materials. The main mechanism is a small electromagnet that acts as a repulsor. This, when activated by the electromagnets of the small charges, will launch the charge at its target at a high velocity. Of course, as a tech, I wouuld much rather demonstrate than explain."

Three targets came into view down range. Two targets made to resemble enemy troops and one combat droid. Zero loaded a round into the small launcher and leveled the barrel at the first target.

"Frag out!"

The launcher hummed briefly as the small charge launched forward and impacted upon the target. It exploded into a large number of small pieces; and Zero calmly loaded the next round.

"Flame out!"

The next round flew forward and hit the second target. A blanket of flame quickly spread from the impact point and covered the target. The fire crackled softly as the target burned, starting to melt from the heat.

Zero loaded the next round; and the combat droid was remotely activated. It began moving around, aiming its nonfunctioning weapons at invisible targets.

"Ion, out!"

The charge hit the droid and it was enveloped in blue, electric discharge. The droid fell to the ground, motionless and deactivated. Zero smiled with satisfaction, made sure the weapon was clear and set it back down in the case.

"As you can see, this modification allows the standard infantry rifle of the Stormtrooper Corps to become a simple-to-use, multi-tiered threat to any enemy. Are there any questions?"

Tag: Moff any other Imps

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, August 28th 2010 09:49pm    Post subject:

"Come on you karking maggots! Move it, move it, move it!"

The clatter of armored boots on the ground nearly drowned out the sergeant's commands, allowing me to walk up without being noticed. The sergeant's tirade continued. "What the frak is the matter with you? Move it, you godsdamned Hutts! My karking grandmother, in full pack, could've lapped all of you three times by now!"

"Having fun, Sarge?"

The non-com whirled, mouth open to deliver the typical D.I. rant. It died as a strangled gurgle in the back of his throat. "Yes, ma'am," he choked. "Plus, it helps me keep warm."

I laughed, clouds of steam billowing into the cold, winter air. Apparently, the base was in the middle of a sudden cold snap. The edge snagged Ravelin, as well. Mom must be pissed. "Your armor would keep you warm, too. And save your voice."

"As you stand there in the same overcoat and field cap as me. Sergeant."

"Good save," I noted. "And I'm not standing out here for long. Just running between the officers. Rumor is something big is up... for real, this time. Besides, with the Eltee laid up... well, I'm pretty much the one running the platoon."

"I thought you ran it anyway. Being platoon sergeant and all," the drill sergeant smirked. "Though, I guess a platoon is easier to run than the whole Corps."

I gave the man a curious look. "Your recent promotion," he explained. "You know... to next ruler of the Galaxy?"

"Oh, that. Grife, Sarge... the ink's not even dry on that yet. I'm still just a grunt. My blood hasn't turned blue yet. Besides, once we've got Zend's head on a pike, I'm pretty sure I'll end up busted back down to grunt. You don't think the Moffs would give up their power so easily?"

He shrugged. "I dunno. Never cared for politics. Just gimme a blaster rifle and an enemy to point it at... or some green recruits to kick the snot out of," he trailed off, watching some of the troopers he had running the track. "Pick up the pace, ladies! You've got two NCOs eyeballing you now, so you better move twice as godsdamned fast! Move it, move it, move it!"

"You do this too well, you know that?"

"Well thank you, ma'am. It's still a shame we lost you to platoon HQ, though. But, at least the sabacc games are safer now."

I grunted and cuffed his arm. "Back to work, Leibo. Get these apes into shape... Zend's the real thing. I'll let you know if the higher-ups let me know anything more."

"If they give you trouble, just pull rank. Platoon sergeant and the Emperor's daughter. You can do a lot of damage with that combination."

I shook my head and walked off toward Captain Fay's office. I could wait till my shift was over to go warm up over at the NCO club. Maybe I'll run into Zero... or Sarkk.

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, September 07th 2010 03:13pm    Post subject:

Because Stalin loves me...

Zero aimed the nozzle of the tap, gesturing for Dunvayne to move the glass back further. He had been playing with the pressure of the machine, though it had taken him some time to convince the bartender he wouldn't destroy anything. "And now, as you can all see, with the right amount of pressure and proper firing technique....."

He released the nozzle of the tap and a burst of ale shot forward, landing in Dunvayne's glass. "Instant beer bombs! Necessary for any Trooper with a vendetta against their liver!" Cheers erupted from the crowd and Zero took a bow, jumping down from the bar as the door opened...

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, September 10th 2010 10:53pm    Post subject:

The cuttingly frigid wind ceased as the door closed behind me. After brushing off some snowflakes, I took off my overcoat and hung it up. Being the only one in there with First Class' shoulder insignia, I knew it was pretty safe: only someone with a literal death wish would intentionally impersonate a senior trooper.

I walked up to the bar to see a decidedly suggestive display between Subdern and Duvayne. The sergeant triumphantly called, "Instant beer bombs! Necessary for any trooper with a vendetta against their liver!"

The crowd was cheering as I walked up to the bar. "Somehow, I think you'll find it harder to put a gun in your replacement liver, Zero," I joked over the din, then slapped down a glass where Duvayne's had been. "Can you do it twice in a row?"

Tag: Jase

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Bastion » Division 26 Rally Point
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: