Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Division 26 Rally Point
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Bastion » Division 26 Rally Point
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, March 16th 2010 02:37pm    Post subject: Division 26 Rally Point

Zero squinted up at the maintenance panel as he opened it. The circuit boards and wiring looked like they were fine, but he had been ordered to make sure absolutely everything was in working order. That meant all of the walkers and speeders and shuttles for Aurek Company needed to be gone over and made ready for battle.

He wouldn't have minded if he hadn't been stuck wearing his armor for it. Thanks to the attack on the Moffs, all Stormtrooper shad been recalled and put on combat alert. That meant his helmet and armor made the tight spaces of vehicle maintenance a literal pain.

And it had only been a day. After losing Kendra in the crowd when the news had flashed, Zero had made a call to his parents and reported for duty. Now he was stuck being cramped in his armor while trying to make sure all of the machines were working.

"I'm a damn Tech Sergeant, I shouldn't have to wear combat armor when fixing up vehicles for the whole damn company. Hand me that cutter."

Corporal Dunvayne, his immediate subordinate on the tech crew and good friend, laughed and handed him the plasma cutter.

"What'd you expect, Zero? Someone tried to do in the Moffs, you should be glad to have the chance to ignore your parents."

"Yeah, you're right about that. Still, I feel like a canned bantha loaf in this armor while working."

The corporal laughed even harder.

"Man, I'm surprised they're letting you work on these walkers. That damn blaster arm rig of your goes off at least once a week."

"Hey now, it's still useful. Also, if the bosses don't say anything bad about it, it is still useful to the company."

"Heh, I bet you'd like it to be useful to Jendob. i seen the way you look at her, man."

Zero's face reddened beneath his helmet as he almost dropped the cutter.

"Hey! It's not like that! I mean, yeah, she- and I wouldn't mind f- She's our superior, Duvayne.... Sheesh! Trying to get me in trouble? What if she was prowling the bay? We'd both get put on kitchen detail as soon as we were off alert."

"I love the Imperial Army! I can blow things up and they usually don't yell at me for it!"
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, April 03rd 2010 03:36pm    Post subject:

I sighed as I left the captain's office for the vehicle hangar. I still wasn't too pleased by his explanation for why my troopers—as well as the rest of the company—were stuck on technical detail. Apparently, the few cavalry units in the 26th Division were short-staffed on techs. So, every able-bodied, gear-headed trooper in the division had been drafted into a temporary motor pool.

It didn't help that I knew more about the situation than most; still, a lot of the rumors hit uncomfortably close to the mark. New Republic sympathizers, a long-lost Rebel cell, pirates, Imperial conspiracies, even Jagged Fel himself was the perpetrator in one of many theories. I could still hardly believe it had been just yesterday.

The media was playing along with the government, though. Even though I saw the news report about "terrorist bombing", it was now being played as "a disturbance." Not even the body count was being reported, or the names of those in it.

Of course, when Dad's name came up on the death list, I had to shoot that rumor down. I just didn't add that the rumors about Fel and the Army Chief of Staff being among the casualties were true. Growing up with two Intelligence officers quickly instilled the value of keeping a secret... especially a state secret. Dad being alive wasn't a secret; Fel not being around was.

I pushed it out of my mind as I walked into the hangar. Last thing I wanted to do was slip up and say something I shouldn't. The sounds of fusion cutters, pneumodrills, and assorted other implements filled the air. Walkers and repulsortanks sat in our bay; the shuttles were being dealt with by the bulk of the warrant officer-grade techs.

I made my way over to a particular group of troopers. While I couldn't see their faces through their helmets, the IFF tags built into their armor worked even better.

"...We'd both get put on kitchen detail as soon as we were off alert," Zero had been saying.

"Now who would be dumb enough to put you clods on kitchen duty?" I called out, walking toward them. "I know the mess hall isn't great, but they aren't putting solder in the food yet."

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Sat, April 03rd 2010 03:43pm    Post subject:

Zero hit his helmeted head against the instrument panel with surprise. Duvayne merely snickered to himself. Of course he had to open his mouth. Now he had jinxed himself. He just had to play t off though, act like any high enough ranking trooper would in this situation. He silently prayed his nervousness wouldn't win out.

"Sergeant Jendob! Well, uh.... you know, I've been hearing some of the rifle teams talking about how they'd like more iron in their diet anyway.

that should keep things profesional, as far as trooper relations were. It didn't help speaking to someone and only seeing a gleaming white helmet looking back, one of the psychological warfare factors of the suit design.

"We're looking to be on schedule here. A little difficult to do in full armor, but we're managing."

"I love the Imperial Army! I can blow things up and they usually don't yell at me for it!"
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, April 03rd 2010 03:50pm    Post subject:

I suppressed a laugh. "Boys, lose the helmets. You need to see something ten centimeters away from your noses... not ten klicks away."

To emphasize the point, I removed my own white helmet. "Can't have you kids welding yourselves to the tanks. The cav guys might not want the built-in infantry support.

"Steals their glory, y'know?"

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Sat, April 03rd 2010 04:09pm    Post subject:

Zero happily undid the latches on his helmet and pulled the sealed headpiece from his body. It was good to have an immediate CO tell you to do something you wanted. Made for interesting conversations with the higher-ups.

"Thanks, boss. Been trying to tighten loose connections all damn day on equipment we hardly use. Walkers and tanks don't make good on handling space-borne pirates."

Zero patted his arm and smiled, especially since it didn't open and spray the bay with blaster fire.

"There's better things for that. What's the word on the lockdown? They making us stay here indefinitely? Or do we get to go hunt these bastards down?"

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, April 03rd 2010 04:31pm    Post subject:

I shook my head. "No clue. Scuttlebutt is the Moffs are having some kind of meeting in a few days... meaning we'll be pumping plasma into these karkers next year.

"But, then again, scuttlebutt says lots of things," I pointed out, not wanting to get anyone's hopes up. "So I can't say much for certain."

I figured I shouldn't leave them on a negative note there. "But once we find out who did this... disturbance, we'll make damn sure they don't get the chance to do it again."

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Sat, April 03rd 2010 04:38pm    Post subject:

Duvayne let out a whoop of approval and Zero smiled. It was good to know that Kendra had things under control as much as she could.

"Damn straight we will, I got a little present for them after they interrupted my vacation. And it sure as hell isn't gonna be a workload for cavalry."

That exchange seemed to brighten the mood in the hanagr, especially for Zero. He was glad to see his tech crews feeling a little better. Even more glad to see Kendra smiling. She had looked horrible when the attack was first announced.

"Hey we get some down time soon, what say we knock off early to the barracks' bar and make Duvayne buy us a round?"

"You crazy, Zero?! I make less than you!"

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, April 03rd 2010 06:35pm    Post subject:

A bit forward, eh? Then again, the last time he managed to put his boot down his throat... and was then interrupted by a bombing of the Moff Council. Perhaps more worrying was I found it less awkward than before, as well.

"All right. Drinks on the corporal."

"Hey!" Duvayne frowned. "Don't I get a say?"

I looked at Zero. "Hmm... a corporal get to question the command decisions of two sergeants? Maybe he needs to buy two rounds..."

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Mon, April 05th 2010 01:40pm    Post subject:

I'll just move this ahead a little :p

Zero eyed his drink, suspicious of what the bartender was actually putting into it. Not that it mattered, he was already on his third; and he was intent on making Duvayne buy more. He didn't want to admit he was broke, having spent the last of his pay on parts for his arm. Sighing, he drained the glass and turned to the corporal.

"Hey, fill her up, man."

To his chagrin, Duvayne wasn't there. Instead, he was halfway across the bar, chatting with some of the boys from the heavy artillery crews. Shaking his head, Zero turned on his stool to face Kendra.

"Can you believe that? He thinks a tech man has something in common with artillery. They'll probably ask him to come check their telemetry programs for bugs or something."

Looking at his empty glass, Zero's tone changed to something a little more serious.

"How are your parents doing? I mean, you know, they okay after what happened?', he said quietly, just out of earshot of any eavesdroppers.

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, April 06th 2010 12:29am    Post subject:

The turn toward family discussions was a bit of a jolt from our previous routine of harassing Corporal Duvayne. Frankly, I'd have preferred to discuss what happened the last time the hapless corporal saved up his creds... and spent the following month getting injections for his troubles.

Oh well. I guess it is nice of him to ask. "They're doing all right. A little paranoid, but... who isn't these days?" I shrugged. "How about you? Did you get in touch with your parents?"

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, April 06th 2010 04:36pm    Post subject:

Zero chuckled sheepishly at the mention of his parents. Sure, he had gotten into contact with them. Even though his mother was overbearing and his dad was passive at best, the situation still wasn't as dire as it was for the Jendobs.

"Yeah.... my mom asked when I could opt out of my enlistment because she didn't want me ending up going off to war. I told her the Corps was the only place I could justify the property damage my experiments cause, then reminded her about the hole I put in her wall last time. She changed the subject to what I want in my next care package."

"I guess sometimes she can't decide between me and her house. Of course, the way she freaked out when I lost my arm.... enough about that, though. I'm tapped out til payday and I think Duvayne's forgot about us. Might as well close the tab and head back to the barracks, yeah?"

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 10:03pm    Post subject:

I nodded. "Might as well." I downed the rest of my ale. But first, I gotta talk to the Eltee. Maybe I can find out a little more about what's next for us."

I cast another glance at Duvayne. "Hopefully, we'll be off repair duty soon."

After sliding a couple credit coins across the bar to cover Zero and I from where the corporal wandered off, I started to head to the door. This platoon sergeant business still took getting used to.

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, April 23rd 2010 12:02am    Post subject:

...Seventeen, eighteen, nineteen...

Neo grunted in his helmet as he mechanically worked his way through the push-ups, his muscles straining. Normally he'd be able to reach thirty without getting too short of breath...but today the Lieutenant had decided to up the morning fitness regimen and add full blast plating and supply packs to their gear. The increase in weight totaled somewhere at thirty five kilograms, a number not to be taken lightly. The half-dozen Stormtroopers who'd joined the commandos in their workout were keeping pace with them fine, despite the pre-fitness quips from Dome about the "shiny bucket boys".

...Twenty four, twenty five...

Neo's muscles were on fire now. To his left, Keran and two of the stormtroopers had collapsed, unable to lift any further. Neo forced the pain into the darkest corner of his mind. His wrist tingled, and he briefly worried about stressing the recently healed fracture...but the Lieutenant, a pasty-faced Army boy no older than twenty-five, interrupted his thoughts. "I want to see more, troopers! Do you hear me? More!" He strode over to Keran, ignoring the stormtroopers. "The Empire does not recruit failures, Corporal! Hundreds of thousands of civilian credits went into your training, and you will pay them back! With interest!"

...Thirty one, thirty two...

Neo's push-ups were coming at a crawl now. It took everything he had to straighten his arms and lower them, centimeter by centimeter, over and over, while the Lieutenant continued to rant. Someone must have pissed in his stimcaf, Neo decided. He'd barely met the boy three days ago upon his return from the Navy medship in orbit...and he was already starting to dislike him. Strongly.

"The uniform you wear every day has a message," Lieutenant Halls said. "It says 'I am the fastest, strongest, and deadliest son of a bitch in the universe!'" He was pacing now, walking up and down the line of exhausted men. "You must prove that you are an embodiment of that message every waking minute of every day! You. Are. Better!"

Neo collapsed, his arms giving way beneath him as he gasped for air. Halls ignored him, thankfully; he was in full parade ground speech mode. Kid's seen way too many entertainment holos.

"You are better than the mooks and grunts in the Republic Army! You are better than the mercenaries and pirate scum of Hutt Space! You! Are! Better!"

Suddenly Halls was kneeling in front of Neo as he struggled to catch his breath. "The Empire does not pay you to quit, Sergeant! I asked for forty push-ups-" he stood, looking over the entire group, "-and none of you are leaving until I get my forty damn push-ups! Do you people not understand Basic?!"

Kid thinks he's a drill sergeant...Frakking Army should've kept their noses out of the Corps...

With a considerable effort, Neo propped himself up on both arms again, elbows trembling, and resumed counting. Thirty six...thirty seven...

It was going to be a long day.

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Sat, May 08th 2010 01:18pm    Post subject:

Zero sat at a far table during his lunch, intensely focused on the screen of the portable terminal in front of him. His portable drive was attached and his plate of food was going cold. Even if it was mess hall food, it was still food, though Zero had skipped many meals while working on projects.

The design was coming along, but he knew it was only a pipe dream. It would require implants into the skeletal structure of the subject for the heightened strength and reflexes. Ridiculous amounts of cortosis and other alloys. Programming that could interface with an organic mind...

"Oh.... this would be sooooooo expensive......"

Tag: Moff

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, May 16th 2010 05:46pm    Post subject:

I marched into the mess hall, my mood dark. Apparently, a meeting of the Moff Council the day after tomorrow had been all but confirmed. Rumor had it there was a good chance they'd ready a military strike on whoever blew up the High Moff and the defense council. And given our company commander—an Army captain—had her ear to the grapevine, the order had come down that our unit was to be completely combat ready as well as completing all of our support duties by the morning of that meeting. Two days to get all of the Division's cav units up and running, then get our own asses into gear. Frakking glory-whore.

Even our platoon lieutenant—who usually drove us fairly hard—felt it was over-the-top. Then again, he was a mustanged Stormtrooper, a blackshirt like the rest of us. Not that Captain Fay was usually a bad commander. She knew how to lead and was supposedly good with tactics. But, she also made no bones that she had her eyes on becoming the Empire's youngest female general. She was ambitious and driven, and was the first to volunteer our unit for anything. Until now, that had meant mopping up pirates and customs patrols. The only heavy action I'd ever seen was when we stormed a pirate base. We overran our objectives and even took those of a separate company while they were bogged down, at Fay's command.

In the process, quite a few Stormtroopers got shot up. Fay risked her own neck dragging one man out of a crossfire—which probably ended up saving her from us—but when it was over, five men from our platoon were dead. I made staff sergeant due to attrition... and she got her captain's pips.

"Attention on deck!" snapped the MP sent by Fay to accompany me.

Forks, knives, and spoons clattered to the tabletops... or the floor, in a few cases. I took a deep breath. "Grab your chow and head back to the hangar, kids. Cap's--" Got a bug up her ass for making major. "Captain Fay has said we're to work double-time on getting those tanks and speeders up to spec. We might be shipping out in two days."

In the Army, an upstart or instigator might have shouted out something about our commanding officer. I'd seen it before, even at the end of boot. None of the troopers in the mess breathed a word of discontent, even if it filled and thickened the air with tension and anger. That was the difference between the Army and Stormtrooper Corps.

The troopers began to trickle to the exits and their duty stations.

Didn't want to speak for Zero in all this... so... yeah. :p

Tag: Jase

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Mon, May 17th 2010 10:56am    Post subject:

Zero looked up from his work and quickly detached the portable drive. Opening his arm, he placed it into the storage slot he reserved for the drive and shut down his portable terminal. They'd actually be getting off planet? Away from the monotony of the base and onto a star destroyer and out on duty again? That was the best thing he could think of since opting to stay in a hotel rather than his parents' house.

Getting up from the table, he rounded up his tech squad and issued orders. They were going to need to work quickly, especially if it meant they could get back into the action Walking up to Kendra, he couldn't suppress the grin he had.

"Tell me you're not pulling my leg. Tell me we're really getting off planet again. Because I can have us ready in one day if you're being honest...."

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, May 18th 2010 06:37pm    Post subject:

I shrugged in my armor. "All I know is what the Cap said. But, between you and me, it's because she's expecting the Moffs to send us out."

I paused for a moment, so that whole moff part could sink in. "So, I don't know. But if we're not ready, whether or not something goes down, we'll be up to our neck seals in crap."

Tag: Jase

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Thu, May 27th 2010 05:57pm    Post subject:

Zero looked out across the vehicle bay. Everything was finally done. All of the vehicles that the stormtroopers depended on was in perfect shape. Not only that, but the diagnostics on all of the tech gear had been completed as well. Nothing made him happier than to see perfectly functioning technology.

"Ready for action."

With that, he turned to leave the now quiet bay.

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, May 29th 2010 11:44pm    Post subject:

I stormed across the compound, fully intent on clubbing the first person to look at me funny like a baby sealion. Apparently, our illustrious captain had been somewhat over-optimistic about the results of the Moff Council meeting. Only a day prior, they'd met. No one knew about what. That was highly classified. Only troopers from the 501st had been present and they damn sure weren't going to talk to someone from a divisional command.

What was known was that they were doing nothing with the military as of yet. A day shy of a week, we'd been sitting on our asses, tweaking repulsors and shining our armor. Now, as it turned out, we wouldn't be going into action. Instead, we'd get to shine our armor some more, since the tech units had—or at least, so they said—gone over all of the vehicles, done the diagnostics, and finished all of the refittings in the scant forty hours provided to them. But there was no war, no battle, no frakking anything to take them to.

To say I was furious would be like saying Coruscant has a couple big buildings. My anger was burning so hot that I occasionally wondered why armor hadn't melted into a slag of Impervium and durasteel. At least being entangled in that mess might prevent me from throttling Captain Fay. Bitch. Lousy, rotten, no-good, godsforsaken, brown-nosing, ass-kissing bitch.

I tried to clamp down on the anger, in case I did something stupid. Joining the Corps had done a lot for my self-discipline. I knew I'd been a borderline terror as a kid and I did more than my share of stupid stunts. Sometimes, I was even embarrassed by the stuff I'd done. But my fury definitely was burning away my self-control. Of course, there was also a difference between jamming some bitchy cheerleader into an almost human-sized locker after an insult too many and unscrewing the head of some poor bastard who might bump into me. With almost ten thousand personnel crammed into the base, the odds of that were fatally high.

I tried to think of ways to let off steam. The NCO club was flat out; too many people, too much booze, and too many pieces of glass that could become sharp objects. I thought about sparring, but either I'd beat the crap out of my partner, or get the crap kicked out of me because I couldn't concentrate. Plus, pain would just make me madder.

Shooting range? Yeah, me and a kriffing blaster right now. BRILLIANT PLAN, IDIOT. I thought about just trying to catch a nap in my quarters, but I didn't want to be in such an enclosed area like the barracks... and I wouldn't be able to sleep. More ideas flooded in, but none meshed well with my current frame of mind. Plus, the barracks meant people. People meant a high likelihood of punching. And that meant brig time. And having managed to avoid ending up in hack during all these years, I really didn't want to start once I'd become a senior non-com.

So, no people... no glass... no blasters... tall order. Being on a military base, people and blasters would be more or less unavoidable. Then again, there was a small outdoor PT area... exercise would at least burn off the energy. I'd still be angry, and sore, but at least I'd be much less likely to punch someone out. Too tired, hopefully.

If you want.:p

Tag: Cheapy

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, May 30th 2010 11:01am    Post subject:

Certainly. ;)

Neo's right foot smashed into the side of the hand to hand dummy's head, deforming the jell-filled bag and spinning the modified droid around. It took two steps back to retreat, the blinking light on its forehead signifying that it was 'unconscious'. Neo gave it a moment's respite to prepare for round three, and when the light shifted from blue to red he resumed his dance, shifting from foot to foot to keep himself light as the droid circled him. Finally, it leapt forward with a kick to his sternum, but he grabbed the foot with both hands and twisted, flipping the practice droid onto the mat. Before it could roll onto its back and rise, Neo smashed his knee into its chest, feeling the fake ribs crack, and delivered a hammerblow to the side of its head.

The light changed back to blue, and a voice emerged from the dummy's faceless head. "Hand-to-hand combat session over. Master Sergeant Sarkk has two knockouts and one kill, PD-03 has zero. Well done, Sergeant." With that, the droid sagged beneath Neo and shut down, its limbs folding up into the fetal position as he stood. Neo took a moment to catch his breath, glancing around the small sparring gym. A transparisteel roof allowed the morning sun to trickle in, and around him on similar mats commandos and stormtroopers were hard at work fighting training droids and each other. While Storm Commandos weren't that far removed from regular troopers in the chain of command, the slight gap between them had still blossomed over time, leaving both sides proud of their particular branch and willing to prove they were superior to the other.

Surprisingly this hadn't resulted in many fights, but there were occasions where Neo had been forced to break up a dispute between troopers and commandos before someone lost their temper.

Neo leaned over to grab the training droid by its wrist, lifting the training unit like a suitcase. The droid weighed about twenty kilos, slightly hefty but not too much trouble for Neo. He turned to run the droid back over to the equipment counter, his sparring over for the morning, when someone entered the gym. A Sergeant in full armor, minus her helmet, strode into the gym looking like she was ready to spit blaster bolts at the first person to step within three meters of her. Neo recognized her as one of Div26's platoon sergeants...what was her name? he wondered as he watched her head over to the equipment counter, presumably to check out a droid, helmet, and gloves. Poor droid, Neo mused to himself as he followed her, stepping in line a few troopers behind her. When she reached the counter, he was mildly surprised to see that rather than checking out a droid, she had only taken gloves and a helmet. So she means to take out whatever's eating her on a trooper.

Without hesitating, Neo sidestepped out of line as the sergeant-Jendob, that was her name-turned and headed towards the mats. "Looking for a partner, Sergeant?" he asked, handing his droid to a beefy Corporal waiting in line. "Hand that in for me, won't you son?"

"Yes, sir."

Turning back to Jendob, Neo strapped his gloves back on. "I've had my workout, but if you're looking to rearrange someone's face mine's as good as any."

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, June 01st 2010 12:19am    Post subject:

My fingers clenched into a fist as the unwelcome invitation was made. My plans had been some push-ups, maybe a good jog in full gear to burn the energy. Indeed, the whole point had been to avoid turning someone's face into a pile of goo.

But this challenger had an air about him. First off, I could tell he was a superior officer. Mustanged lieutenant or captain if he was hanging around these parts, or at least senior NCO. Master Sergeant at a minimum. Usually, punching out someone a grade or two higher wasn't a good idea. Worse if he really was an officer. Of course, if I put my helmet back on, I could tell in a second. But grabbing back my helmet, IDing him, and pulling it back off... life wasn't a sitcom.

"Appreciate the offer, sir," I said, surprised to find myself controlling my tone. "I was thinking more along the lines of a good run.

"Feel up to that?" I challenged, a bit surprised by the brash tone.

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, June 01st 2010 11:55am    Post subject:

Neo cocked en eyebrow at Jendob's tone, but said nothing at her confrontational atitude. "Fair enough." He peeled his gloves off once again and tossed them onto the equipment counter behind him. "I've been feeling like blowing off some steam myself. Dummies can only take off the edge so much; a run sounds like it'd be good for both of us."

I grabbed my towel from the edge of the mat as we walked towards the track outside. Noticing a lack of armor on my person-I was clothed in workout fatigues-I jerked a thumb towards the locker room. "Armor or no armor?" I asked. "I can grab mine and be back in full kit within five minutes if you want to turtle it."

Turtling it was trooper slang for performing ordinary PT while wearing full gear, making it somewhat more difficult. I didn't know Jendob that well, but she seemed like she would relish the challenge.

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, June 03rd 2010 01:33am    Post subject:

I nodded. "Sounds good... sir."

The older trooper was right; I'd pounded my share of hand-to-hand dummies over the years. Sometimes just raw, unadulterated physical exertion was needed, though. And it was just as well I'd run across him: it wasn't usually a good idea to run oneself down physically alone. Granted, on a base this packed, a passed-out trooper was unlikely go unnoticed... but stuff happened.

Even more fortunate, though, was that he wasn't from my immediate unit. Yes, there was the almost-familial bond formed by troopers—sometimes beyond family, even—but then again, everyone needed a break from their family now and then. Especially brothers and fathers...

I was still appalled by Kris' behavior on the day of the bombing, a week prior. Sure, he had issues with Dad. Hell, I had them before he did... though not as burning. And I at least let off steam about it... he must've been stewing over it for two years. But even if I agreed with him, most of the time, he could've done a damn sight better at putting it aside than he did after the bombing. Then again, I could've handled his stupidity in a better fashion than a knee to the groin, too.

Yeah. Could've been a boot to the head, I mused dryly. Then it struck me how clear-minded I was all of a sudden. Even the idea of a solution to my anti-officer aggression seemed to be making a marked improvement on my mood. I may not have to utterly destroy and humiliate the old man after all.

Well, not a total improvement...

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, June 09th 2010 10:58pm    Post subject:

Bear in mind, I just got a new wireless keyboard and I'm not use to it yet, there may be more spelling errors than usual. Not an abundance, but enough to possibly be noticeable. ;)

Neo's boots crunched on the dirt track as he and Sergeant Jendob ran.

Neo's helmet was off, thankfully, and his suit's environmental controls were at seventy-five percent to counter the heat of the morning sun. His matte-black armor plates were tighted with trooper-level efficiency, preventing them from shifting as he jogged along the track. Beside him, Jendob was keeping pace with him fairly easily; unsurprising, considering Neo had two standard decades on the younger woman. Her polished white plates were secured just as well as his, and she hadn't broken much of a sweat yet. The grass in the parade field by the track glistened slightly as the dew evaporated from its blades, giving the field a shining appearance as the two troopers, both a startling contrast to each other in their respective suits, rounded a corner and continued their run.

They were five minutes in and Neo was still feeling fit, albeit slightly winded due to the extra weight. Jendob seemed more or less fine, although she was breathing through her mouth steadily by now. They jogged without speaking at first, with only the rythmic crunch of armored combat boots on sand and gravel and their own breathing to pierce the morning silence. Finally, Neo glanced over at Sergeant Jendob. "So, is there any particular reason you were looking ready to bite someone's helmet off back there?" he asked bluntly.

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, June 10th 2010 12:31am    Post subject:

I was surprised a bit at how genial Sarkk had been. Granted, when he came out in his black armor, I nearly had a heart attack. When I challenged him, I certainly didn't think I was about to cross swords with one of the Empire's—hell, the Galaxy's—absolute elite. Back in the day, these guys made the old heroes of the Rebel Alliance need to change their pants. It didn't help that he was also a grade higher than me, as I discovered from his ID tag.

Still, he hadn't unscrewed my head for mouthing off. That was a good sign.

About five minutes into the run, he asked his question. I looked over as we made our way around. "Company commander... let's just say she's bucking for a set of general's pips, no matter how many grunts she needs to climb on."

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Bastion » Division 26 Rally Point
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: