Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Deck One - The Office of Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Kuat » Deck One - The Office of Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, March 09th 2010 05:20am    Post subject: Deck One - The Office of Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad

Placeholder
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, March 10th 2010 05:58am    Post subject:

Streaks of lightning lit up the skies of Kuat, her books drenched and clothes ruined. Thunder vibrated the city as Alatáriël raced across the plaza, around Tiberian’s Kitchen and the Kuati Magistrate building. Her grandmother had forgotten to pick her up from school, again. Her mother had threatened to put the old woman into an elderly home, should she lose her ability to maintain responsibilities. Not wanting to lose her nonna, Alatáriël raced across town. Tears and rain streaked as one across her face, the beat of thunder stirred her composure into a physical tremble.

Kuati citizens shouted to their friends, family or loved ones against the thunder’s cries, Arlyn racing in between and around them. Her feet treaded into puddles, her dress tracing along the mud, soaked and destroyed from the thunderstorm. Her hair band, something her mother had spent hours designing for her special day at school, ruined and fell into a drain.

Arlyn looked at it, horrified at the loss. She watched it race across the pavement, chasing it, and jumping into the dirty collection of water. It circled the drain, before being swallowed by the computer system and shredded. She watched the dozen pieces of fabric absorbed into the city’s sewage container. An older man moved to help her, but time was against her. It would mother’s rage against a daughter, and not nonna.

“Hey! Hey! Be careful!” The old man shouted towards her, shaking his head as she raced into the living complex. She clinged to the destroyed books, the electronic key pads damaged from rain and the many falls. Knees were bloody and bruised, but the worst of it, was the lost headband and her dress. The elevator hummed as it made the many stops, still accelerating to the top of the floors.

Her parents had lost their jobs at the shipyard, and money was tight. Everyone gossiped about the fall of the Pallanéns, as though it was tremendous tragedy. How could a powerful family, a wealthy family, be living in the slums of Kuat? An older woman, someone Arlyn had recognized at banquets and her mother’s dinner parties, turned her nose towards the ceiling. “Despicable,” she breathed, “How disgusting, look at your dress.”

Another lady chimed in, “Little Arlyn, what happened?” Her lips were sealed, no one would know.

“This is what happens, Jack loses his job, and the whole family falls apart. Look at her, like somekind of outer rim street crap.”

“Hush, Milaina. She doesn’t need to hear it.” The woman smiled in a friendly way, but she had believed it too.

The doors opened, the third floor. Dashing with fresh tears, she raced home. Typing the keypad code, she was home. Koa-bacon lingered in the air as her grandmother smiled to greet her, “Little Arlyn! What were you doing outside?!” Dropping her books, she embraced her grandmother, “You know better than that.”

Kuat Drive Yards sat before her, the entire Kuati Sector seemed to operate on her fingertips as she moved throughout the first deck; Operations. Voices slowly died down as she crossed the long path and into the third elevator. The lift sailed her upwards and towards her office, the stellar viewpoint gleaming with star destroyers behind her.

Mother came into the room, her face solemn with understanding. “Arlyn, I heard you were outside in the rain today…” Cringing, Arlyn held her favorite plush bear, “Did gramma forget to pick you up from school? Or did you go outside when you weren’t supposed to?”

“I just wanted to play in the rain, mom. I’m sorry I lost your headband.”

Irina Pallanén took a step closer, her stare flicking from one eye to the other, “Are you lying?”

“No, mama.”

“4KO, can you tell me if Anria has left the house today?” Irina directed to their family protocol droid.

It buzzed happily, “No, mi’lady.”

On the edge of the Kuati system, three star destroyers had exited hyperspace. Two required scheduled overhauls, and one, was undergoing a weapon refit. All three captains wished to meet and dine with promises of entertainment. Arlyn turned them all down, informing them she had yet to hear from her son; Lucas.

“Bella, I want to know why you haven’t reported anything yet.”

“We’re going to find him, mom. Anakin and I are doing our best.” Isabella responded, trying to remain as calm as possible.

Arlyn closed her eyes, “Find him, Bella, please. I can’t lose him…”

The air was fresh after the storm, the sky filled with the stars again, as gramma was lifted into the medic-van. Her fingers were limp, her nose barely calling air into her lungs. “Nonna, please stay. I can’t lose you.”
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, March 22nd 2010 04:26pm    Post subject:

"Contact!" she happened to be in the observation balcony when one of the security monitors called it out, "We've got an unscheduled ship arriving in sector three."

"Sector three?" the shift manager questioned, "That's Kuati Royalty and Noble entrance."

Arlyn perked up, hitting the button for the lift to descend downwards, where she could personally oversee the chain of events. "Flag it,"

"A squad of TIE fighters have already launched from the Wraith, Captain Moores is hailing."

"Put him on the viewscreen," the manager was satisfied one of the Destroyers acted in sufficient time.

A large man, one stuffed with all the luxury and exotic food an Imperial officer could get his piggy hands on appeared. His grin matched the mood about the security terminals, all of them rather impressed with the man. "It's a freighter, unknown mission mandate. Communication has failed. Curiously, they maintain an intercept course. We are arming ion cannons and turbos, they will not pass us."

"If vessel remains unresponsive, you have full authority to shoot it down. Do not let it hit the shipyards!" the manager was adamant, and with Arlyn hovering over his shoulder, he felt the pressure.

"What is the vessel's configuration?" Arlyn finally broke her silence.

"GalacTec YT-1500 Transport; scanners are considering it a modified model. Looks beat up, bad." the officer reported. Arlyn thought for a moment. Most suicide bombers took advantage of a beat up freighter, and right before they would be "rescued" they'd hit the accelerator of a freshly installed sublight drive and make a run for KDY. Beatup frigates were usually of older models, however, and something stood out about this.

"Captain Moores, hold your fire. Order extended to all sector personnel, including Imperial visitors." The last thing she needed was for an Imperial flyboy to get trigger happy and blow up a Kuati noble. "Incoming transmission from the Sector Commander, marked urgency."

"Put it through the channels." It would stall him, give her an extra three minutes at most to handle the situation.

Another Imperial Star Destroyer moved into position between the freighter and Kuat Drive Yards. It was the Yamaka. Their turbolasers moved into position, all facing the freighter, and more importantly, their hyperdrive location.

"DON'T SHOOT!" a voice shouted, moving through the web of gathered employees and tactician officers. Bella had arrived, relieved that action had not yet been taken, "Mom, that's Lucas!!"
 Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, March 26th 2010 05:44am    Post subject:

Kyp: Alisson is currently stationed on KDY HQ (she has the night/early morning shift), and will be your main line of communication... Arlyn should be arriving shortly, and if you wish to join Lucas, Tseneca, Firi and the rest, you are more than welcome!

The sight and smells of a human's body had always intrigued her. Each one had a distinct aroma, despite what kind of soap they attempted to mask it with. They all would dutifully scrub the excess skin, scraping dirt and bacteria that had grown within 24 hours either in an aqua or sonic shower. Their daily regiment typically fine tuned, yet all uniquely different. A woman, eight years senior to Alisson's physical appearance, had sported a new perfume, one that reminded Alisson of the fragrance of Nexu in heat. Though unpleasant, several of the males nearby, seemed to enjoy the scent.

They way they looked at Alisson, however, was different. Most did not understand her presence and how she had been promoted so quickly, her outward appearance was a small 24 years. She took point at overseeing the arrival of the Republic fighter, the sensor networks displaying the current configuration and the type of repairs needed.

"Extend the man our finest accommodations, and see to it he receives a complimentary repair. Courtesy of the House of Pallanén." her voide soft, lacking emotional enthusiasm. Her programming was not stellar in relaying management orders with encouragement. Her cybernetically enhanced brain instead was dwelling on the return for Lucas. Neither Arlyn nor Ryan had invited her to the dinner before, and her shift would overlap the breakfast.

"Shall we inform Lady Pallanén-Davad?"

"No. I will." Her voice was short and direct, watching stormtroopers take a small formal line near the Vigilance and stand at arms. It was out of respect, and she hoped the man computed the image as such. A KDY manager approached Durron with a smile, though Alisson was far away, she knew the first words: Welcome to Kuat, home to the magnificent Kuat Drive Yards, and a place of paradise to both our natives, and those who visit.... How may I address you?"
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Fri, March 26th 2010 09:13am    Post subject:

Sounds like a plan.

Kyp slowly edged his fingers over the lightsaber hidden underneath his cloak. Instinct had hardwired it into him. Stormtroopers equals danger. At the head of the column strode an individual dressed in a dark grey work uniform whom Kyp did not recognize. The stormtroopers formed a line and with a uniform clack of their boots halted.

"Welcome to Kuat, home to the magnificent Kuat Drive Yards, and a place of paradise to both our natives, and those who visit.... How may I address you?"

Kyp bowed, never once taking his eyes from the individual in front of him. "Jedi Master Kyp Durron. I have come for assistance in repairing my A-Wing and perhaps a new paint job. As you can tell she's a little worse for wear," Kyp said as the manager leaned over to see the hunk of junk. At the moment Kyp wasn't sure if their reaction would be of disgust or astonishment. The Vigilance looked as though she'd been through hell and back.
Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, March 30th 2010 05:58pm    Post subject:

"Jedi Master Durron, welcome to Kuat." Her voice echoed quietly in the massive hangar bay, "I am Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad, owner of Kuat Drive Yards. We will attend to your fighter, it should be ready for you by tomorrow morning." Her eyes looked it up and down, "What exactly happened to your fighter?" It looked as though it had been through an asteroid field, and possibly through the Can'aan Rings. "My son and daughter might be interested in meeting with you, if you are without mandate, they are both members of the New Jedi Order. Lucas and Isabella Pallanén-Davad. Lucas trains under Anakin Solo, and Bella under Master Daedalas."
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Thu, April 01st 2010 12:52pm    Post subject:

"She hasn't be repaired since," Kyp scratched the stubble on his chin. "It'd have to be after I had a run in with some pirates out on the Black Hole of Quintas. It's kinda difficult to aim with all that pull." Kyp wanted to take a look back but simply pointed back with his thumb extended, "One of em' managed to knick me across the vertical stabilizers and the port side. Too bad he found a permanent home in the black hole. Could have been a good pilot."

Kyp realized that he had run on and addressed the woman about her children. "As for your children, I have not heard much about them. I would be delighted to meet them if you allowed me a facility to cleanse myself," Kyp wasn't going to even start about that. The last place he'd been was a swamp world. All the soap in the galaxy couldn't wash away that stench. "I do know their Master's well. I assure you they're in good hands."

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, April 01st 2010 10:51pm    Post subject:

"Thank you, Master Jedi, and of course." Arlyn extended her hands, and offered the services of the nearby shuttle pilot. "McKay will take you to the service, there is a small loft near our Estate that we own, and maintain for the guests of the family. It should serve you nicely."

She started to walk away, before another Republic ship had arrived in the system, this time sporting the recently mentioned Anakin Solo. Arlyn had actually met the man several times before, and waited for his ship to land... nearby to Kyp's.

The Jedi was handsome, exiting the Corellian craft with grace as he took a surprising double take on Durron's vessel. "Lady Pallanén-Davad, a pleasure to see you again." The two had spoken many times since Lucas had disappeared, "I am glad it is on better circumstances." Arlyn smiled, obviously conceding to his line of thought.

"Master Durron," Anakin had chuckled, "What in the seven hells happened?!"

Arlyn jumped in, "If you gentlemen will excuse me, there is a Moff waiting to speak to me on a holo-channel, and I cannot keep him waiting." They both respectfully allowed her to part, bowing as she did, before she slipped away. Anakin would be staying in the same loft as Kyp, and would probably join him on the shuttle ride to the surface...

You can either create a new post or start on the Pallanén-Davad Estate.
 Back to top »
Isabel Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, August 10th 2011 04:57am    Post subject:

The stars speckled across the view-glass with an optical illusion cloaking her reflection as she stared into the expanse of Kuat Drive Yards. Nearby, a damaged Star Destroyer limped into a docking port, long black plumes of smoke vanished when being exposed to the vacuum of space. In the distance, the Imperial fleet gleamed in awesome might before jumping into hyperspace, no doubt to a battle raging in the Outer Expanses of their territory. It was wartime and all of Kuat could feel it to their bones.

"Isabel?" She could hear her mother's voice calling to her, "Has your brother made contact yet?"

"He is alive. He is on Bespin now." Isabel turned to the woman, "Some of his companions have made their way here, I've allotted a private space hangar for them."

"Very well." Her mother said, the worry washing from her face. It had almost been Iego and his disappearance all over again. His entrapment on a planet marked by the True Empire had been a fiasco, one she had tried to avoid for her brother, but he was too stubborn, a trait all too familiar in the males of their family.

"Mother," Isabel started, choosing the next phrase and creating the most basic statement possible. "Kris is with him." All the dread of the revelation vanished, but without good cause.

"What?" The word slipped from her mother's mouth in a slow tone, one that was unusually surprised while laced with anger, "Why is he not home?"

Isabel returned her gaze to the stars, watching as a pair of long clamps and repair shuttles poured over the damaged Destroyer. "Kris was abducted by the True Empire, mom, but not in the way you'd think." She let that set for a while, before she relayed the information, "Grand Admiral Zend personally had him released. Including Tseneca Lowry-Fink of Thyferra... Tokens of her good faith."

Without a word, she could hear the fading of her mother's heels against the floor, until she was left in a solid void of silence. It appeared the information was too much for her mother to handle, or she was likely to be acting on the information. Likely the latter.Though the silence was peaceful and finally she could extend into the Force and contact her master. "Master."

"Yes?" Her voice was slow, almost a whisper over the fabric of space between them. "I am going to Bespin. I will rescue my brothers."

"Very well, my apprentice, I will join you." Her response sounding more elated than usual, "Until then, may the Force be with you."

Isabel turned away from the viewing glass and sent a small reply to the transmission they had received from Badim and Clare.

I am going to Bespin. We must rescue the Blight Leaper.
- Bella

Tag: Orrion Carn
The Battle of Bespin First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Isabel Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, August 11th 2011 02:59am    Post subject:

The transmission must've been lost, and whatever the case, Isabel had lost the time to wait for Badim and Clare. Her mother had loaned her an experimental craft, one of the fastest in the Imperial Fleet. She was tasked to rescue her brothers, and under the circumstances, that could prove rather difficult. She had never considered for once the True Empire would actually attack Bespin, but she knew better than that, and she would act against any government, any friend or foe, in order to save them. The engines fired up and allowed her to speed over the tops of many docked Star Destroyers, cruising in and out of repair docks before punching into hyperspace.

The blue realm overcame the ship as she set the starship to an automatic pilot mode. Closing her eyes, she made contact with her master.

"Your presence on Bespin will no doubt alert our foes in the Force," She said, an in an elegant way stated fantastic news, "We will be reunited there, I have decided to assist you in your rescue operation."

"Why the change of heart, Master?"

"It will be the Empire's undoing, should we save him."

The woman disappeared from Bella's mind, just before she opened her eyes. She only hoped she'd arrive in time...

Isabel Pallanén-Davad is en route to Bespin.

The Battle of Bespin First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, July 08th 2012 01:30am    Post subject:

The long streaks of blue hyperspace disappeared, the shuttle's engine whined as it came into the slower speed putting the viewscreen into black with white speckled stars. Lucas pulled the controls bringing the shuttle around after transmitting his long authentication code, preferring radio silence. He sensed the Blight Leaper was long gone, but nudged back his sister's presence. She was meditating from afar, pressing her mind onto him, but he pushed her away with ease. Lumiya emerged from the hold, taking a seat next to him and watched as he glided them over the shipyards and the many Star Destroyers of the sector.

Out of all of her original companions, not a single one survived. Two had been killed on the Koda Space Station, with Rylii Kuat missing, but presumed dead. Lucas had taken their place and in the transition between the destroyed space station and the Kuat system, Lumiya had praised him greatly. Her words seduced him. They empowered him. Any question and doubt of his decision to join her disappeared, sucked into the void of the dark side.

But it wasn't just a void. No, it something so much more. It was vast and wild. The simple techniques that she showed him tingled every nerve in his body, electrifying his connection to the Force in a way that Anakin could have never taught him. He enjoyed it, in fact, he loved it. He could feel the Force in his muscles, no longer was it dormant around him, it was a tool, an extension of his own being. The Force was to be respected, that was a shared trait between the Jedi and Sith, but unlike the Jedi, the end always justifies the means. And the way he could call on the Force, even if it drained the life around him, was intoxicating.

The shuttle grumbled against his rough piloting, but he wasn't exactly in the mood to fly slow or with patience. Lumiya had wanted to speak with his mother, and trusting her, he decided to grant her the wish. Landing on one of the open executive pads, an entire line of Stormtroopers greeted him. A pair of Kuat guards followed him as he led Lumiya through the hangar pad and into the confines of Kuat Drive Yards most prestigious decks. Rows and rows of art work combined with view-windows of immense Imperial war vessels passed as they walked, but he couldn't help but feel the confidence in his steps.

He chimed the door, only to be buzzed in to a darkened room where his mother was waiting. A small lamp and the light of a datapad hit her face. She was a beautiful woman, her stature commanded respect, and at first, Lucas formally bowed to her before introducing his company. "Mother, I present Lady Lumiya." The woman needed no introduction, not when KDY Security and Imperial Intelligence kept her in the loop of all major political figures.

His mother's eyes looked at him, then to the woman who was now bowing.

"Lumiya?" His mother said in a low drawl. "An unpleasant surprise, Lucas. You brought a Sith... to Kuat?"

Lucas opened his mouth, but Lumiya cut him off. "Forgive me, Lady of Kuat, but I must interrupt for a brief moment. I do not wish to intrude nor disrespect a noble woman of the Core, but I come as a humble servant of Kuat, and with honorable intentions."

"Oh? And what may that be?" His mother said, her tone cutting through the tension with ice cold precision.

"I have come to assist in restoring your family to its glory unseen for many generations." Lumiya said slowly. "I have come to kill the Lord Ra and set your family into an unquestioned position of power in this sector."
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, July 23rd 2012 03:02am    Post subject:

The woman standing in her office was perhaps one of the most dangerous figures to the Galactic Empire's Imperial Remnant. A Sith Lord was dangerous in itself, but now that her own son had taken on their ideology, a shift rippled under her skin. She revolted at the thought of this woman having any control over him, in fact, she hated her for it. The woman's eyes were cold, dark and penetrating. No doubt Lumiya was trying to use her powers to breach her mind and scoop her thoughts out like a child with a warm spoon into a bowl of dacca cream. Only, this wasn't child's play.

Kuat Drive Yards is a vast post, built on trillions of credits. The sheer wealth handled on a daily basis throughout the galaxy could boggle even the most financially adept of minds. Her resources and connections were limitless. There was nothing she couldn't buy in this galaxy. Not even the Emperor could refuse her audience, if she demanded it. She had more wealth than entire systems could generate in a hundred years, along with respect that would rival Life Day.

All this wealth and power provided her many gifts, and one of them, the mentor and tools necessary to train one's own mental ability to conceal thoughts and feelings. This woman, Sith, Jedi, or whatever she wanted to claim to be, would not know she was secretly plotting her own demise. Lumiya, the intelligence reports identified her as and then confirmed by the introduction by Lucas, would die with a Kuati dagger in her heart. No woman should seek to control, twist, and alter one of her children's consciences.

But that thought was for another day. Today she was to be considered a friend, a mentor to her son. Alatáriël looked into his eyes. The generally warm and glowing was replaced by the same sharp, cold look the nearby bionic woman was providing. What she was asking went against the noble class of her system.

Kuat's government was not within her domain. While the ruler, designated as Ra, was a prestigious one, it was also one appointed by the late Kuat of Kuat. His family was slowly dwindling, in fact, the last of his descendants, Rylii Kuat, was presumed dead in the aftermath of the Battle of Bespin. The title and position of Ra was meant as a intermediary, a way to shift the balance of power within the system should it fall into the wrong hands. Though Ra's family had always and would forever be in debt to Kuat of Kuat's family. A Kuat would always be above the Pallanén-Davad bloodline. That is, as long as he and his children lived.

Lord Ra would have to die, if she wanted her legacy to be past down to her own children. Over the generations, he had become a widely popular, incredibly charismatic ruler. To the public, he was a god. He was accepted at any function, and rarely was he rejected by even by the smallest rogue faction. But there was something the public did not know, a secret Arlyn had stumbled upon in her youth.

When she was sixteen, she had a very dear friend, one that had stuck by her side through everything. Jaclyn was beautiful by all standards, even pursued by the most exclusive modeling agents in the Core. But it was one day in a school conference, a day that all students had been looking forward to. It was the first time she met the current Ra, his youthful charming-self, that is. He spoke about the importance of environment development in the north, about saving the small amount of natural-Kuat left. At first, Arlyn had thought the Ra had taken a considerable effort to stare at the students, but later in his talk, it was evident that he was staring more and more at her dear friend, Jaclyn.

Later that day, Jacyln received a note from class, excusing her from intergalactic conversation techniques, and Arlyn did not see her for the better part of a week. She returned, happy and joyful to everyone else, but to Arlyn, she was something different. It wouldn't be for many years, in fact, after Arlyn had assumed control over Kuat Drive Yards before she learned what had actually happened. It was shortly after Vera Nico became an inter-galactic household name.

In a planet-wide case, Vera Nico had been prosecuted and found guilty on many charges, including terrorism against the nobility and the general population. She was sentenced to prison, where there, Ra had paid her a visit. Had Arlyn not installed her own security measures, she might not have seen the footage. And if she had not seen the footage, she would not have believed it, from anyone.

Nico was raped by none other than Ra, Kuat's single most influential being, aside from Arlyn, of course. Arlyn sent Alisson immediately, under guise, and broke her out of the prison. To this day, Nico does not know who helped her escape, and while her memory may not recall who violated her, the identity of the man was clear. And after Nico had pledged her hatred against the rich, she also had never taken her revenge against the one man that violated her. She would kill, maim and destroy countless others like him, but not Ra. And for years, Arlyn could not understand why. Upon further and more detailed exploration of the tape, Arlyn's droids were able to uncover a tool that wiped and altered the memories of that night. Nico awoke the next morning knowing, but the identity of her attacker had been lost.

The sexual violation against Nico was not taken likely, even if she was considered a criminal. The brutality of it all was difficult to stomach, and slowly, Arlyn planned Ra's demise. The old man was charming and charismatic, after all, no one would believe her, even if the tapes were shown to the public. They would simply believe she was attempting to usurp total power over the system.

In an effort to collect witnesses, she called her friend Jaclyn and asked that a certain kind of therapy, using robotic hypnotism, could be used to restore the memories of that week she went missing in their youth. It worked, she had been one of Ra's victims. Three days later, Jaclyn committed suicide. Though it was possible one of Ra's aides had been tipped off, and thus eliminated her from speaking out publicly.

Kuat and Imperial politics were like this, twisted and contorted so much, that it was difficult to understand the pure, honest truth. But she knew it well enough, that this woman Lumiya, while selfish, could end the reign of a very evil man.

"Do it." She said simply, the gap between their conversation lasting only for a minute. She looked at Lucas, who nodded and left the room, Lumiya in tow.

Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad turned the lights off in her office, preferring to be left in total darkness, with nothing but the small blips of stars enter her eyes. Soon, she would ascend the ranks once again. Kuat would finally be hers, in its entirety.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, August 09th 2012 04:35pm    Post subject:

The news was coming in now, the death of the AmmaRa was complete. People were mourning in the open streets, the usual tranquility of Kuat had been turned into a chaotic collective out pour of rage and anguish. Kuat Drive Yards was on full alert, unsure of what exactly could happen. Lucas was with his mother, the pair were staring into the open viewport wall. The room only illuminated by the planet's reflection of light, and even then it was barely above nothing. The stars were vastly speckled, shimmering in a beautiful way, despite what he had just done hours previous. Kuat Drive Yards was sprawled out with Star Destroyers and various military ships jumping in and out of hyperspace, both leaving and coming from all parts of the galaxy.

Lucas bowed his head down. He had killed one of his childhood mentors, but it was not before he got a glimpse into the old man's twisted mind. "Was he always the way he was before he died. Vile?"

His mother took a long time to respond, her voice shaken. "Yes." The single word answer was a glimpse into how all of this was affecting her. He could sense she was worried, albeit deep down, but he also detected excitement and joy, or perhaps, relief. It was difficult to tell. The door hissed open and while her presence did not need to be seen, it was certainly felt. His skin goosebumped and prickled with a new found chill. She stood on the left of Lucas, looking down on the planet and over KDY.

"It is all yours, mi'lady." The Dark Lady of the Sith spoke slowly "All of it."

Lucas felt the emotion, the feeling of power and control, only it was coming from his mother. She basked in this feeling. And for a while, so did he. Their family had reach heights not seen since Kuat of Kuat's suicide and it could only grow from here. "Mother, Lumiya has informed me that there is a chance Jonas survived the Battle of Bespin. Is this true?"

His mother did not wait so long to answer, "Yes, it is possible. I've sent Alisson and Coral, and I believe that together, they will find an answer to that question."

Lucas nodded and did not ask any kind of follow up questions. If he was alive, where was he? Lucas had tried extending himself, and while he meditated for hours, Lumiya explained he was within a place, far far away, that was shielded from the Force. Even she could not locate him. It was likely, she said, that he wasn't even in the known galaxy any more, but captured and taken to a prisoner camp deep within the True Empire. And while they could search for him, it would only be a waste of time given the circumstances.

So for now, Lucas would wait. He would wait for Alisson and Coral. Wait for Jonas.

"In the mean time," Lumiya seemed to pick up on his thoughts, "We must begin to move in other arenas."
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Kuat » Deck One - The Office of Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: