Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Amending Some Rules...
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Amending Some Rules...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, March 01st 2010 07:12am    Post subject: Amending Some Rules...

I would like to discuss and see how open CMAC is to eliminating the rule and regulation that prohibits players from having "too many characters". Right now I believe the maximum is 6, with a limit of 1 FS and 1 FSNPC.

I think the dynamics of the game have really changed, especially in the last quarter of 2009.

I would really like to expand the Pallanén-Davad family. I want to be able to role play in different places and with different characters. I like the ability to play with some more in one week, and fall back to some others in another.

I think this might be a creative alternative to spicing up activity, with a focus on "minor characters". These characters are different than our main gurus, they're not the generals, the admirals, the Solos. They are stormtroopers that first step foot into a war zone, the desk assistant, or the smuggler that makes little under 10,000 credits a year. Their stories are interesting and captivating, but not in the way of Leia and Luke.

Idk, I think cycling through characters is a bust, and this takes away from the ideology of "factionism". We will have characters on all sides, and working towards one plot, one end-goal, will become a unified effort.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Wed, March 03rd 2010 11:35pm    Post subject:

Well, here's the thing. PNPCs were originally for non-player characters that were closely associated with player characters, to the point that they required protection... but maybe didn't warrant an application. They were there, they served an important function relative to the character (usually helping with exposition and development), but there was no real interest in expanding them a great deal beyond their function.

To use a Caprica analogy, Cyrus is a PNPC for Daniel Graystone. He helps showcase some attributes of Daniel, but we're not likely to see a detailed background on him... and we don't really care, either. He's there to serve a story purpose.:p

Unfortunately, it's been used more for character saving or, worse yet (in VIII, not really here), tactical purposes which is highly inappropriate.

Remember, PNPCs are still NPCs. It's just that, if this were a first-person shooter, they'd be the ones with unique models and textures and names rather than "generic male_blonde" or whatever. :p

As I write this, CMAC is thinking about upping some limits... or eliminating them altogether. We should come to a final answer to the question soon.

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Thu, March 04th 2010 12:03am    Post subject:

Tada!
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, March 05th 2010 04:30pm    Post subject:

YAY!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
 Back to top »
Riene Zend
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, March 06th 2010 01:51am    Post subject:

Yes, everyone is happy now. :p

Expand
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, March 07th 2010 03:49am    Post subject:

Instead of creating a new thread, can I request a "Kuat" Planetary forum. I will be there for a long duration of the game, lol.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, March 07th 2010 11:46am    Post subject:

Yes, I think that can be arranged.

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Sun, March 07th 2010 02:25pm    Post subject:

Sure, no problems here.
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, March 07th 2010 07:07pm    Post subject:

Thank you!
8)
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Amending Some Rules...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: