Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Entertainment District, Mid-Levels
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » Entertainment District, Mid-Levels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tren Drexel
Cray

Post Posted: Tue, February 16th 2010 02:19am    Post subject: Entertainment District, Mid-Levels

I should be celebrating, I thought as I polished away another glass of the crimson liquid. At least, the beings around me made me feel like I ought. In the privileged areas of Coruscant, there would be soothing piano chords and graceful ladies dressed to suit an extravagant night.

However, I wasn't in the wards of the city where haute culture reigned. The rabble partied and puffed their cancer sticks, perhaps morbidly hoping to prompt a premature end to their miserable lives. I could feel the vibrations of the bass music reverberating into the very center of my sternum. Occasionally various patrons stumbled off with other species and sexes, probably for a night of impromptu intercourse. They were unrestrained, depraved to the point of nauseating. None of these things were unusual, but were exacerbated by the still-extant festivities of Unification Day and New Year.

I was born into a respected family. I served a well-lauded and powerful man. But sometimes, I felt more comfortable in godsforsaken dives like this one. It helped me unwind after days-long periods of pretense and formality in the political arena. Maybe it was the blast of cold water in the face that brought you back to your senses. Diving into the decadent and emerging unscathed was good for me, occasionally.

Often my preference for wine garnered some strange looks from the bartenders, but it was a carryover from the aforementioned family practices. Perhaps they were more surprised that I didn't drink myself into inebriation like most attendees. That's not to say I didn't like beer or hard liquor. The issue was that I couldn't risk getting drunk; I didn't particularly enjoy losing possession of my mental faculties, regardless of how good it felt. Something important could slip, which would be disastrous for me and everyone that depended on my withheld tongue. I also found myself denying offers of romance from boozed women and men, human and alien - another risk. You never knew who could be plotting to bring the Union down.

But today, it was particularly special. So, I let myself go until I could feel the edge of the buzz. At least I didn't drink to soothe pain or make myself happy, which, unfortunately, were a couple of the vices Ares had to bear.

We'd gotten back from Corulag two days after the New Year. Ares' plan had been to return early the morning after his initial meeting, but the galaxy had other wishes. Ares had been called privately into an early, emergency meeting of the Representative Council. I was left outside, spending most of my idle time on my datapad, compiling notes I'd take the previous afternoon and relaying information. When he'd emerged, I could have sworn he was a walking corpse - his face drained pale, his dark eyes reflecting paranoia, his movements aloof and lucid. It was then he'd told me Fel had been killed, on Bastion. And he had been killed a whole standard day before the Empire had told the Union.

I suspected there was more to it. In fact, I knew it. But I didn't find it out from Ares. If there was anything more he could have told me - and my entire job was dependent on the fact that Ares would trust me with his very life - he did not volunteer it. He genuinely didn't know any more. The Empire hadn't told them; he knew only enough to descend into the state of nervous wreckage. I didn't know if he was worried about his own life, or if it was about something as simple as the appointment of the next High Moff. I'd prepared more than the legal limit of alcoholic beverages for him that night until eventually he fell asleep amid his concern.

When he woke up the next morning, he found I'd been in his office all night, doing my job, quietly working away filing reports, scheduling meetings, and responding to messages. But truthfully, I just didn't want to leave him alone in that worried state. I wanted to keep an eye on him. I had greater responsibilities than those that came with my duties as an aid, and I would always make sure they came first.

He seemed like a new man after his daily shower and breakfast. Perhaps he was satisfied that the galaxy hadn't ended overnight - he often dismissed his worries after a night's rest. When we'd gotten back to Coruscant, he told me to go home and finally celebrate the dual holidays. I'd resisted the idea - too much was going on - but he insisted jovially.

So, here I was. As I peered through the dank of the pub, I wondered what Ares would think of my slightly disreputable activities, until I remembered he had been guilty of far worse. And besides, every day could not be spent fighting for the advancement of the Republic. So I enjoyed the moment, and ordered up another glass.
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, April 01st 2010 10:24pm    Post subject:

After the month of hell on Iego, the relaxing realms of Coruscanti entertainment seemed appropriate. She put on something that wasn't too over the top, yet would pass for a night of carelessness. She needed that, the ability to avoid her fears, the dreaded terrors that had come to haunt her at night. It had crawled and spun so much darkness into her dreams, that she preferred to stay up late, and avoid sleeping altogether. The walk was long, after paying the speeder-taxi's fee. The longer she walked, the deeper she dove. Society dropped with each step, each one become much more... underground than the one before. The class of people were different here, than the Upper echelons...

Somehow, after Iego, she didn't feel the need to sit and babble in high society bullshit. The bar was rowdy, much more active and free-spirited. The people were real engaging in activities that pleased the ego and the body, rebelling against the mind's prison of morals. A kind smile brought the barman before her, his head tilting in a curious way, inquiring what she had wanted to drink. Coral thought for a moment, wanting to go with something much more potent that her usual.

A young man, someone inside the same age-generation ripple of her own, sat alone on the far side, a perfect position of observation. His features were moderately handsome, well groomed... in fact, perfectly so, at least in his own way. She smiled at him, not necessarily feeling the need to engage in small talk, but his apprehension to the mess of people around, had suggested the feeling was mutual.

"I'll have what he's having," she finally spoke to the bartender, moving three seats closer to her new found-target. Military? No, she thought, Too delicate. The bartender brought over a drink, the crimson liquid sloshing in the glass just before he set it down. She reached around, fingers tightening around the handle, before bringing it to her mouth. She took a sip, and swallowed with a loud gulp. "I changed my mind," she pushed the drink away, "Nabirra Daiquiri please." In a playful tone, she shot an inquisitive tone at the man, "How can you drink that, Mr..."
 Back to top »
Tren Drexel
Cray

Post Posted: Sat, April 03rd 2010 01:37pm    Post subject:

I idly rocked my glass back and forth on the bartop as the woman sat next to me. Slender and brunette with a delicate face; not the first being of the night to come up to me, but certainly one of the more interesting on first glances. I couldn't help but feel some vague sense of recollection, but I couldn't place it - it did, however, put me a tad on edge. You never know who might be gunning for you, when you're in a position like I am. I saw hundreds of different people every week in various agencies of the New Republic and the Galactic Union - I couldn't devote the memory to recall every single face.

"Drexel," I completed. "Tren. And it's Rishi wine," I informed the woman, allowing my eyes to trace her body. I had no intentions, but at this point I was slightly drunk - just slightly - and didn't see the harm in entertaining some conversation. "Although calling it a wine is just a matter of tradition, I think," I said with a smirk. The drink was strong.

"And what's your story? Diamond-in-the-rough complex?" I joked, gesturing to the surrounding doldrums with my cup. "You look too good to be in a place like this."
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, April 04th 2010 06:07am    Post subject:

Drexel. Drexel. Drexel. Coral ran his name several times, when finally she made the connection. A small smirk escaped to her lips, the two had actually met before, though she doubted the man would remember the occasion. Only a few words were exchanged, she had accompanied the director of intelligence to a briefing to the Chief of State's Office. If she remembered correctly, and usually she did, it was about pirate movements on the edge of New Republic borders, nowadays such were the hot topics, and Tren had been present as an aide to the Chief of State Valure. A prestigious position, especially at his age. It had been about a four months, and the situation had been dealt with in typical naval-diplomatic-fashion. In a strange way, the man still looked as though he enjoyed his job. Enthusiastic.

The bartender had produced her Nabirra Daiquiri, a blue drink with a green swirl of liquor at the top. She took a sip, mixing the beverage, before it turned into an icy teal color. "I guess I'm tired of the charades on the upper levels. Life is much more... vibrant down here. I think we all have a mask, hiding what we really are, and here... in a place like this," She teased slightly, smiling as she did, "nothing really matters. You can be whoever you want to be."

She pointed to a man across the bar, "Judge of the third circuit. L'roro Bin."

In a slow rhythm, she uncrossed her legs and moved into a seat closer, "You should try this, it's much better than your wine. I'm Coral, by the way. I'm not wearing a mask today-" She laughed, a little induced by the daiquiri's charm, "That sounds stupid." Her fingers pushed the drink towards him, "I work for the New Republic, just got back from an assignment..." Vera Nico pulsed through her veins, but she ignored it, "..and needed a little light entertainment. What about you, Mr. Drexel-Tren? What brings you down to a place like this?" Her eyes flicked to a few twi'lek dancers. What was his poison?
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Mon, April 05th 2010 04:22pm    Post subject:

It had been a while since he had left, and Sean didn't really know where he was going. He just walked until he found himself in front of a decently shabby looking place. Maybe not shabby, per se, but.... well.... not upper level. That was for sure. He thought about what he was doing for a moment, Luke's last words echoing in his head, before he stubbornly pushed through the door, intent on getting completely smashed... and maybe finding a pleasant girl to spend the evening with as well.

It was a decent place. Crowded..... or maybe empty.... Sean didn't know. He wasn't sure what to compare it to. He sighed. His brain wasn't functioning quite right, no doubt due to the hangover he was still feeling slightly. He needed to do something about that.

Sean moved purposefully towards the bar, settling down two seats over from a young couple that was chatting about some such thing right now. "Brandy." Was all he said the the bartender. Didn't matter what kind at this point, in all honesty. The bartender seemed to understand, nodded, and brought it a moment later. Sean thanked him and took a sip. Only then did he start paying attention to the conversations around him.

"Your lightsaber will never fail you. Alcohol will always calm your nerves. And women..... well, they're just too good to go without." ~ Sean Tavell

Avi made graciously by Carn
 Back to top »
Tren Drexel
Cray

Post Posted: Tue, April 06th 2010 08:59am    Post subject:

A smile reflexively moved across my face as the woman came closer. Coral; I didn't recognize her name, but my memory of her was nonetheless becoming more clear. I tried to search my mind, which had to hold the identities of countless officials for Ares. Maybe she was Intelligence, or in the Diplomatic Corps. Part of my mind and actions remained guarded, instinctively protected just in case. But she wasn't trying to pump me for information. I was used to that. No, she just wanted to talk. "Just wanted to unwind, you know. Somewhere without all the pretense."

I raised my hand at the bartender and ordered a Nabirra Daquiri, as she suggested. "I work in the Republic government - not that it matters down here," I said with a satisfied smirk. As the swirling, multihued Daquiri arrived, I allowed my arm to brush against her lightly as I reached for the cup. I sipped.

"Bit too sweet, but... interesting," I concluded with a grin, throwing a sidelong glance at the newcomer who positioned himself a few seats down. But my eyes returned to Coral.
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 12:11am    Post subject:

Coral soaked up the moment with Drexel, knowing that after their night in the bar, they'd both disappear into work the following day. Life in the New Republic happened to be filled with busy work, especially attempting to please their respective directors, only Drexel was playing in the pool of politics. His arm had grazed against her, it was innocent and charming.

Coral had kept tabs on most in the bar; her training had become second nature. Whenever Drex would look away, she’d scan the room, or right as she came up from a sip of the daiquiri, she'd give the room an observation glance. A new occupant had taken seat nearby, ordering a nameless brandy. He had stood out from the rest, though she wasn’t able to put her finger on it. Drexel gave the man a side glance, and Coral rose her glass an inch from the table as a sort of bar-hello.

"You work for the government?" Coral opted out of releasing her own memory of their previous meeting, at least for now, "Sounds... time consuming." Her lips curved, playfully suggesting she knew more than she was letting on. She had ordered another Daquiri, “What do you do for fun, you know, when you’re not busy arresting people or searching shuttles for deathsticks?” She squeezed his left bicep, which to her surprise, was actually thicker and harder than she would’ve guessed, causing a colorful blush to escape to her face. “Wow, Drexel. Not bad for a government worker.” She teased, harmlessly sipping on her daiquiri.
 Back to top »
Tren Drexel
Cray

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 09:38am    Post subject:

An exhilarating pulse ran up my leg as Coral touched me. I was really wishing I could devote the time or effort to pursuing something with this beauty, this interesting woman. We both knew it wouldn't amount to anything; we both didn't particularly care about that fact, though. "I try to keep in shape. And as much as I wish I could say I spend the day 'arresting people', it's much more boring than that," I smiled as I ordered up another wine.

"This sort of is how I relax. Lately, anyway. Although I take an opportunity when I get it," I playfully suggested. "But the Chief of State takes up the rest of my life. I mean, I love it... takes me all over the galaxy, meeting all kinds of people. But not every day is exciting. Mostly keeping his itinerary up to date, his information. Sometimes I interpret for him when it's too sensitive to use a droid. Remembering his contacts, who's who in the Republic..." I hesitated, then decided to go forward. "And I feel kind of stupid to ask. Maybe it's the drink, but I can't place you, and I've met you before... what do you do?"
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 12:40pm    Post subject:

Sean got his drink in short order and noticed the slight salute the woman offered him. He returned it with a small, controlled movement and then downed his glass. He ordered another one.

As he waited, Sean began to listen in on the conversation taking place next to him. He soon gathered they both seemed to know each other, and there was definitely some chemistry there. They even were flirting back and forth a bit, which made Sean smile for some reason. Maybe he was already drunk. Who knows? But, a slight chuckle slipped out as he lost control for a moment. It wasn't a long one, but they more than likely would notice. Oh well.

His second brandy was delivered and Sean decided to take this one slow and enjoy it. He began sipping on it, inexplicably consumed with the pair to his left. He knew he should probably say something, to keep from eavesdropping and actually join the conversation, but for some reason he felt he shouldn't. Not yet at least.

"Your lightsaber will never fail you. Alcohol will always calm your nerves. And women..... well, they're just too good to go without." ~ Sean Tavell

Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 03:52pm    Post subject:

Coral sparkled at his question, "We have met before, it was about four months ago. I accompanied the Director of Intelligence... I believe it was about the pirate raids in the outer rim." That gave her away rather well, and didn't mind if the man nearby was listening to that. She was actually allowed to say she worked for the NRI, just not the nature of her work. "I mostly work with computers, droids, and code. I'm a slicer. I was on an assignment when I intercepted the pirate operation."

She leaned inwards to get a better look at the brandy-man, intentionally careless by leaning into Drexel, "You know, buddy, if you're going to eavesdrop, you might as well add to the conversation." She'd use his interactions to determine whether or not the man was a security risk to either herself, or the aide to the government's leadership. Coral winked at Drex, "I've got your back."

As they waited for her response, Coral recalled that her next assignment would have her shipped to the Outer Rim. She'd be showing a team assigned to hutt transmissions new techniques and additional technology to aid in their reports. She dismissed the knowledge, returning to the bar and Drex.
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 04:05pm    Post subject:

"You know, buddy, if you're going to eavesdrop, you might as well add to the conversation."

The words.... well, they didn't exactly catch Sean by surprise, but it did take his brain a moment to register that they were directed at him. A broad smile crossed Sean's face and he laughed briefly.

"My sincerest of apologies." He said, his voice relaxed. "I'm afraid I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I found your interaction most entertaining." He turned to face them a little bit more. "I assure you my motives were most harmless. As for adding to the conversation, I'm not sure a Jedi Knight like myself has much to add to the conversation of an NRI agent and the aid to the Chief of State, but I'm certainly up for a challenge." He shot them a broad grin. The alcohol that he had consumed too much of recently was making him rather open, which was odd. "Sean Tavell." Sean said in introduction. As an afterthought, he added, "The Jedi Knight in question, as I'm sure you've deduced."

Back to top »
Tren Drexel
Cray

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 06:07pm    Post subject:

I took in the influx of information Coral presented to me. Now I remembered - through osmosis from Ares, I had absorbed some vague details about the pirate operation, and even the recent NRI activities of which she was no doubt a part. I recalled the scene of the Intelligence meeting; seeing the uniform enveloping her body's slim form and accentuating its curves. I spent the majority of that meeting taking notes - but not for Ares.

So here she was, with me. I was impressed. I wondered how far her capabilities reached. I added something to my mental to-do list: to check into Ares' database on Intelligence operations to find out more about Miss Coral.

She flirtatiously moved closer to me, her shoulder against my chest, in order to turn to the newcomer who'd sat next to us a minute or so ago. "You know, buddy, if you're going to eavesdrop, you might as well add to the conversation."

"I've got your back," she addressed to me, turning her delicate face around to look at me. She winked. I grinned.

"Thanks," I chuckled.

The man turned to face us and introduced himself. A Jedi. A mild wave of disappointment brushed over me. The Republic was close with Skywalker's Jedi Order, but they always bothered me. I built my career on an understanding of diplomacy and interpersonal relations. I didn't do anything astounding - I just did what I did very well. Jedi changed the rules. They cut through sociologically-defined barriers and did what they wanted, sometimes. It was as if we practiced all our lives to climb mountains, but Jedi took to flight and ascended immediately to the peak - that sort of thing. So, although I masked my feelings from Coral, I was sure the Jedi probably still was able to empathically sense my attitude, intentionally or not.

I could handle a normal situation - but a Jedi always threw a wrench into the matter. I reminded myself to check into non-Force sensitive techniques for mental blocking. For now, I just kept my mind on the mundane; I heard that helped. I knew sensitive things that the Republic did not even want the Jedi to know - Coral probably did too. The Jedi Order was under stress. It was an open secret, with philosophical disagreements rapidly deteriorating into open contradiction. Higher Republic officials carried some clout with the Jedi out of tradition. Well, today that depended on what sort of Jedi you ran into. It was indeed nice to know Coral had my back right now.

Nonetheless, I had nothing personal against them. I nodded to Sean Tavell like I'd nodded to dozens of others tonight. "Tren," I introduced myself. "Not often you see Jedi who drink, in a place like this no less. Is that a new tenet?" I joked, smiling.
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 06:48pm    Post subject:

"The Jedi Knight in question, as I'm sure you've deduced." Tavell was an interesting fellow, his entire demeanor, well, she wouldn't have placed in the Order. Her eyes carefully digested the information, looking him up and down, taking a sip of her daiquiri as she did, before flashing him an encouraging smile of friendship. New Republic Intelligence had benefited greatly from their gifts, especially during the rebellion against the Galactic Empire. Kyle Katarn had been a huge success, still, their abilities uncanny.

She didn't mind the Order, their talents often contributing to the cause, but Skywalker's grasp had become unstable. Superiors had spoken, though no real action taken, on the event should one of Skywalker's sects fall into treason. Coral wasn't interested in this type of talk, recalling Executive Order 66 from the ancient Clone Wars. She did, however, intend to uphold the principles of the Republic, should the conversation rise. But Tavell's gentle and humble nature suggested he wasn't an outspoken and hell-bent on independently asserting himself from the Order or the Republic.

"Jedi Tavell, nice to meet you." Coral exchanged politely, looking away from him momentarily to examine Drexel's features. The alcohol had definitely taken its effect, her fingers had been tracing his left tricep, before she coiled it back on the bar table. Normally she was extremely collected and reserved, preferring observation over physical interaction. He didn't seem to mind, but she didn't want him to receive the wrong impression, she wasn't like this to everyone... in fact, he was probably the first since she had started a career at the NRI.

"Not often you see Jedi who drink, in a place like this no less. Is that a new tenet?" Tren smiled, but Coral couldn't help but let a small laugh escape at his question.
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 07:03pm    Post subject:

Sean bowed his head politely to the woman in greating then let out a laugh at Tren's question. "Um.... no. I'm..... quite unique." Sean took another sip of brandy. "Drives Master Skywalker right up the wall, actually." He downed the glass as if to prove the point, then gestured for another.

He now took a moment to examine the pair. He tried not to probe too much with the Force. It was rather invasive and he hated doing it, but it was hard to not take advantage of the ability. Between the brief flicker across Tren's face and what little he was getting through the Force, Sean thought he picked something up quite strongly... well.... probably not strongly. Sean was a little tipsy, and he tended to over-exaggerate in this state.

After a contemplative moment, Sean spoke again. "Tren, was it? I have a question, if I may. You're not to fond of the Jedi, are you?" It was a blunt question, but Sean wasn't in a state for subtlety, though he was normally quite refined and suave should he have been sober just now. He waited politely for an answer.

Back to top »
Tren Drexel
Cray

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 08:32pm    Post subject:

I took a sip of the liquor and coughed a bit at Tavell's sudden question. I finished the swallow and cleared my throat. "Uh... uh?" I cursed inwardly at my decidedly undiplomatic answer. This was why I usually avoided getting drunk. "No, I have some... issues with things the Jedi do... but not the Jedi themselves. Active empathy, for example," I said with just a hint of an accusation. But I smiled, assuring the Jedi I was being tongue-in-cheek. "But you seem like the type of person that might even agree with me about that?" I intoned.

After a moment, I noticed the absence of Coral's hand from my leg. Confirming this visually, I let my eyes travel to see where it had gone. I placed my hand on her arm, letting it trace down to her hand, and ultimately, to her almost-empty glass. "Let me buy you another?"
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 10:17pm    Post subject:

"Tren, was it? I have a question, if I may. You're not too fond of the Jedi, are you?" Coral perked at the Jedi's direct question, her own readings for the night, and had not picked up on it. Drexel coughed, obviously dismayed by the forwardness of the Force-wielder. Coral narrowed her eyes, albeit in a playful manner, as he attempted to answer the question.

"Uh...uh?" Coral smirked, the alcohol had inhibited his rocket-political skills, but they quickly returned as he continued, "No, I have some issues with things the Jedi do... but not the Jedi themselves." Diplomatic, and a very safe ground for further conversation. Valure would've been proud, Coral smirked, taking the last sip of her daiquiri. She came to the conclusion Drex had liked a fair chance at a situation, whereas Jedi would always have a one-up. Doesn't matter, he'd make his own way. She added mentally.

Her eyes watched the leave of the third circuit judge, a twi'lek prize on his arm as he let out a jovial laugh through the door. Tren's fingers had traced her arm, successfully snapping her back to the conversation, before skimming across her hand. "Let me buy you another?"

Coral flashed him a mischievous smile, nodding carefully as not to seem overly enthused by his offer. It meant he was going to be around for another drink. She turned back to Tavell, and decided to add to Drex's defense, "Why did you assume it was because you were a Jedi, and not by the fact you're taking his time away from me?" She toyed, careful to balance her tone so it didn't offend him. As the bartender moved to fill up his brandy, Coral called out, "No, no. Daiquiri. He needs a daiquiri." She hoped the daiquiri would lighten the mood and allow them to engage in a more, lighthearted conversation.
 Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 10:24pm    Post subject:

double post, please remove! lol
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Thu, April 08th 2010 12:08am    Post subject:

"No, I have some... issues with things the Jedi do... but not the Jedi themselves. Active empathy, for example," It was an honest enough answer, and Sean felt he wasn't being all that serious. "But you seem like the type of person that might even agree with me about that?"

Sean considered this thoughtfully for a moment. His mind was slowing slightly, due to the drink, but he had to admit he had a point. "I would agree that the Jedi are not always right in what they do, though their intentions tend to be good." Before Sean could add his next thought, the girl spoke up, clearly trying to ease the conversation into a more friendly, spirited one.

"Why did you assume it was because you were a Jedi, and not by the fact you're taking his time away from me?"

Sean laughed at this. "Well, three reasons. One, many people have issues with Jedi. It's a fact of life we all have to live with. Two, I'm pretty good at reading people. Were I not to have joined the order, politics would have more than likely been my profession. Plus, I have certain.... advantages most people don't. This one," he gestured towards Tren. "Is very hard to read, though I caught a brief glimmer of... distaste, perhaps?... when I mentioned I was a Jedi. Last, and most importantly, I would hate to think you two are that close. A pretty girl like you is quite a find, and I can't have you going home with anyone but me." Sean winked playfully, hoping they both understood it was all in fun.

Sean turned to the bartender as he was about to pour the drink, but the girl spoke again. "No, no. Daiquiri. He needs a daiquiri." Sean raised his right brow at her for a moment, but said nothing else. He was always up for something new, especially when it came to alcohol.

While he waited for his drink, he decided to try a course of conversation that was relatively innocent. "So, either of you spent much time on Corellia?" Granted, it was not original, and were he completely sober it'd have been much more suave and smooth, but given his mildly drunken state, Sean was pleased he got that out in such a short amount of time.

Back to top »
Tren Drexel
Cray

Post Posted: Thu, April 08th 2010 12:49am    Post subject:

"This one is very hard to read..." Tavell stated very calmly, indicating me. I felt a bit of victory at this. "... though I caught a brief glimmer of... distaste, perhaps?... when I mentioned I was a Jedi. Last, and most importantly, I would hate to think you two are that close. A pretty girl like you is quite a find, and I can't have you going home with anyone but me," the Jedi joked, his voice smooth and controlled.

Another being, perhaps an angry drunk, or a highly-defensive macho-man, might have reacted badly, or at least feigned some kind of masculine response. But I just stared at Tavell for a moment, until I felt my cheeks flush red. And then, I burst out laughing. Not out of anger or in mockery of the Jedi; just because the joke was funny. I had no idea what else to do, and everything just seemed hilarious. The way he said it, the whole situation, the idea of any joke at all was hilarious in and of itself. I felt really good.

"You..." I tried to say, my facial muscles sore from the smile that was across my features, which I'm sure were uproarious. I leaned forward against Coral, trying to halt any residual giggles. Perhaps this would be my final drink of the night, lest something more... embarrassing happen.

"Oh gods," I managed to get out, trying to regain my composure. "I like you, Tavell," I stated as I took another drink from my glass. Counter-intuitively, the cool liquid brought me back to my senses in a brief moment of lucidity, just in time to hear the man continue.

"So, either of you spent much time on Corellia?" He inquisitively asked.

"A fair amount," I said, my tone modulated in stark contrast to my earlier fit of humor. The difference was so striking it was in itself humorous and almost prompted me to chuckle at myself. But I suppressed the urge. "A lot of Union council meetings on Corellia."
Chukles

Post Posted: Thu, April 08th 2010 02:15am    Post subject:

Sean burst into laughter along with the younger man. he had no idea why. Perhaps it was just funny that Tren had found him so funny. At any rate, when Tren mentioned that he liked Sean, Sean had to smile.

The conversation soon sobered when talk moved to Corellia. Tren's response made sense. Sean sighed briefly. "Such a beautiful world. Too bad the last time I was there I blew up a cantina...." The last part was slightly under his breath, but the other two might be able to hear it. Who knew?

Sean's drink arrived then and his spirits increased slightly. He grabbed it, cast a speculative eye at it, then held it out slightly to his new friends. "Some drink to remember, some to forget. No matter the reason, we take what we get. So drink, my friends, and forget the pains we have met. Drink for the love, drink for regret."

He didn't know why he said that toast. He didn't know why it, of any he knew, popped into his head. Perhaps it was the alcohol again. Who knew? At any rate, he downed his new drink and looked over at Coral. "Not bad."

Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, April 08th 2010 03:03am    Post subject:

"A pretty girl like you is quite a find, and I can't have you going home with anyone but me." Tavell had said, and instantly Coral flushed with color. He turned out to be one of the better Jedi, less serious and socially awkward to interact with. Most would say something like, "I have a bad feeling about this", or "I sense this or that", redundant and predictable. His broad figure was charming, and his charisma enchanting.

Tren burst into laughter, and shortly into, so had Tavell. She attempted to remain serious, before joining the joy-thunder. "So, either of you spent much time on Corellia?" The tense conversation had passed, Coral lowering her guard and enjoying the beat of conversation.

In a strange twist, Tren was suddenly serious, "A fair amount." His bi-polar inflection, nearly brought Coral to tears as she laughed at him, "A lot of Union council meetings on Corellia." He had reminded her of a boring holo-mmercial that would play several times, with a dreaded monotone voice. Blue Eyes... get your blue eyes back with HydraNow.

Coral chimed in, "Yeah, I was born on Corellia." She laughed, "Had one hell of a life there." Her tone had dropped, in much serious tone, carefully resembling Tren, "A lot of meetings on Corellia." Her tone was terrible, and nothing near him, but she laughed any ways.

"You know, for a Jedi, politician and a secret agent walking into a bar, we are having one hell of a time." Coral pointed out, and after Travell's toast, she called out, "Another round of Daiquiri delight!" Her hands had hit the table, stirring up the barkeep, "And you blew up a Cantina?!"
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Thu, April 08th 2010 03:14am    Post subject:

"You know, for a Jedi, politician and a secret agent walking into a bar, we are having one hell of a time."

Sean liked that, and raised his glass to it, about to drink... until he realized he had none left. He frowned, considering his empty glass for a moment. Her next words made him brighten some. Her last comment caught him a little off guard.

"And you blew up a Cantina?!"

"Well..." he said, somewhat defensively. "In my defense, I was only trying to seduce a rather scrumptious twi'lek dancer. It was everyone else that was shooting the place up. I suppose I can be held responsible for not doing anything, but that's about it. THEY blew it up. I just failed to act." Sean laughed at the recent memory. What a night.

Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, April 08th 2010 03:41am    Post subject:

Coral coughed, before spilling her drink. The glass would've shattered, had the bartender not have passed at the precise moment. Her attention had quickly descended upon the jedi, her eyes narrowing for an accurate assessment for all of his responses. "The Oxanna Cantina?" Her mind raced. She had been assigned to that bar, along with an Imperial security team led by Tranada and Sarkk, a galactic security team by Young, all for a meeting of three notorious criminal syndicates. The prized possession, however, turned up as Vera Nico. Her name appeared on hundreds of Most-Wanted list, including the New Republic. In fact, even the Jedi had been present, but she had thought Lucas to be the only one, at least on official duty.

"I can't believe it," Coral breathed, after her drink had returned, "I was there. In fact, right after, I chased Vera Nico...did you see her... and we crashed on Iego. Took us a couple of weeks to get our ship in flyable condition..." It was a horrible, horrible experience, her tone had suggested she wasn't in the mood to go too far into detail. "That was one hell of a night." She lifted her drink to the man, before squeezing Tren's thigh. "It might've been too much excitement for you..." She teased, still using his deep-serious tone to a humorous advantage.
 Back to top »
Tren Drexel
Cray

Post Posted: Thu, April 08th 2010 03:53am    Post subject:

"I don't know," I gave the knight and Coral the most cynical look I could muster, bringing my baritone down to its most bass note with an aura of formality, continuing with Coral's mocking of my own actual "serious" tone. "I'll-I'll have to file a report about that," the words were only half out of my mouth when I found my voice flickering and eventually succumbing to an eruption of laughter. I near-doubled over while seated, trying to make it stop. I grasped Coral's hand on my thigh. If the dozens of beings around us were not also comparably inebriated, they would have been staring quite curiously.

I grabbed the new daiquiri as it slid towards my free hand. I could barely see it from the tears in my eyes, but it went down my throat just as smoothly as the one... the ones before it. "Gods, if Ares were here," I paused, swallowing a bit more. "If Ares was here, he'd tell you some of his stories. He-he's... awesome at drinking," I made a slicing motion with my hand. "T-this one time, like, a couple years ago," I waved my hand indefinitely, a visual aid to my slightly slurred speech. "We were on... " I paused, searching my mind for the word. "On a... planet, with an Imperial diplomat during neg—negoti--- talks... tough stuff, and the idiot tried to drink Ares under the table. B-but he didn't! The Imp was so totally loaded he ended up going home with a waitress, and we got the nego--"

Something in the back of my relaxed mind flew up a flag. Something acquired over the years in my job gripped my tongue and made me shut it up. State secrets. "Well—put it this way," I said, bringing my tone down a bit, setting the glass on the countertop as I brought our little group closer together. "The next Imperial Medical investigation was on disease transmission prevention -- between Rodians and humans!" I said, my straight face immediately dissolving back into laughter.
Chukles

Post Posted: Thu, April 08th 2010 04:16am    Post subject:

Sean raised a brow as Coral spoke, but aside from a nod when she mentioned Oxanna's—to affirm that he had, in fact, been there that night—he didn't respond. Her story was.... interesting. He hadn't realized that night had gone that far. And the fact that they were both there, and now here.... small galaxy. he said so. "Small galaxy, huh?"

Next Tren started in on a drunken story, and it proved quite humorous. Sean was not expecting the last comment, and the humor of it kept him from noticing the lapse in Tren's speech for a moment. Or maybe it was the fact that he had drained another drink or two. Sean's reasonable part of his mind began to wonder how he was going to make it back to the ship if he kept drinking. Luckily, the rest of his mind was too drunk to take much notice.

Sean was having fun, something he'd not had for quite some time. However, his drinking wasn't having the effect he desired. Beneath the mirth was an underlying depression. He could feel it creeping up, and every time it did he downed another drink. It was really quite pitiful. The logical part of his mind said that. Like the reasonable part before it, the rest of Sean's mind was too drunk to pay much attention to that either. Instead, he decided to laugh. It was hard at first, forced, then turned genuine as he turned over Tren's words in his head one more time.

"That really is funny. I'd like to meet thish... th-i-s" he had to clearly enunciate this word. Normally his speech didn't get impaired while drinking. Then again, he was used to brandy. "this Ares person. I'm quite sher... sure..... that I could out drink him. I've spent quite some time buildin' up me... my tolerance, and I can drink with the best o'em." The last two words slurred together.

He was laughing as he spoke again. "Why, once, when..." and then the memory came crashing down, despite the alcohol the was swirling around the blood in his head. A bitter, horrible memory. One that had haunted him for six years now. His jovial expression dropped to one of melancholy for a moment as what was left of his rational mind closed off any more speech on this topic. He wouldn't talk about this. Not twice in one day.

After a moment, he pulled himself together. It was purely an act of will, made far more difficult by the fact that he was plastered, but he managed to subdue the emotions and memories running rampant inside. He also had some help by another drink or three. He had lost count by this time.

"At any rate," He said, his happier mood almost returned, "I had a baaaad...d.... a bad day. I was at this bar and I had this trandoshan goin' on'bout how much he could... er... could outdrink anyone. Well, I was lookin to gettin mighty drunk, so I took him on. He........." A contemplative look crossed Sean's face. "er...... welll..... there us'd't'be a funny endin' to this." He laughed at himself. "I'll be damned. I can't remember." He found this amazingly humorous, and laughed again, his woes almost completely forgotten for the time being.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » Entertainment District, Mid-Levels
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: