Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Modified YT-1930 "Nova Hound"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Modified YT-1930 "Nova Hound"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Sun, August 16th 2009 08:29pm    Post subject: Modified YT-1930 "Nova Hound"

Name: Nova Hound
Owner: Sean Tavell
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation
Model: Modified YT-1930

Schematics:
Expand

History:
Expand

"Your lightsaber will never fail you. Alcohol will always calm your nerves. And women..... well, they're just too good to go without." ~ Sean Tavell

Avi made graciously by Carn
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Sun, August 16th 2009 08:37pm    Post subject:

Sean remained in the cockpit, his feet propped up and his mind wandering. However, he soon decided he needed to be on his way. He was already a day late in reporting back to the temple, and no doubt the Masters would be a bit curious as to his extended absence. And so, without further ado, Sean went about the task of starting up Nova Hound.

The ship was quiet, as it normally was. It was a lonely place more often then not, but Sean loved it regardless. Oh, make no mistake, Sean had had a good deal of company on board this ship in the five years he had owned it, many of them female. Regrettably, he had yet to secure any permanent company. But, such thoughts were saved for later.

As Nova Hound was prepped for launch, Sean commed both the private hanger and the planetary traffic control for permission to launch. It was granted quickly when he added, "Light Freighter Nova Hound on official Jedi business requesting permission to launch." It wasn't a total lie. Sean was going to report, and therefore, in a roundabout way, he was on official Jedi business.

With the green light given, Sean eased the freighter into a gentle climb, gaining speed and leaving the atmosphere of Corellia behind. However, he did not go far. After he had left the sensor range of anything on the planet, Sean began to contact the temple.

"Your lightsaber will never fail you. Alcohol will always calm your nerves. And women..... well, they're just too good to go without." ~ Sean Tavell

Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, August 19th 2009 03:04am    Post subject:

The comm unit lit up as the connection to the temple was completed. A female voice came on, an operator, obviously. “Jedi Temple, how may I direct you?”

Sean hit the transmit button. “Jedi Knight Sean Tavell, reporting after mission completion and…” The operator cut him off. That was odd.

“Knight Tavell, please hold. I am forwarding your call.”

“Wait….” It was too late. His call was being forwarded. This was extremely odd. This never happened. This worried Sean. However, not much to do about it now. He leaned back slightly in his captain’s chair and placed his hand up to his eyes. He hadn’t gotten too drunk today, but last night…. Sean shivered at the thought. Hangovers came rarely to him, and let’s just say Sean was still feeling the headache he had had this morning.

“Sean.” The voice came out of the comm. It was a sharp tone and Sean knew it immediately. He jumped and sat bolt upright. It took him a moment to realize he was alone in his cockpit, but he didn’t relax anything.

“Oh… uh… Master Skywalker. I… what…. Uh… What can I do for ya?” Sean was caught totally by surprise. He had expected a routine talk with an operator and then be on his way. Not Master Skywalker himself.

“Sean, you were supposed to report in three days ago. Where have you been?” The Jedi Master’s voice was still harsh, and Sean couldn’t figure out what to say.

After a moment, he found his voice. “Master Skywalker, I…” he regained his composure slightly before speaking again. “I stopped on Corellia to say hello to my family. I was nearby, and it wasn’t going to take long. Some civil disputes broke out, and I stayed around to help clear them out.” It wasn’t totally a lie, Sean thought.

“Sean… you were drinking. Oxanna’s again?” Damn he was good. Sean sighed a bit. This was going to be rough. “Sean, I’m worried. Your lifestyle is turning dangerous for you.”

Sean found his voice again. “Listen, Master, I know that I drink too much, but, I have yet to see it interfere with my duties to the Jedi or…”

“Sean, you’re going to drink yourself into the grave. Listen, you’re a good Jedi, but you’re starting to get a reputation. Certain members of the Order find it hard to take you seriously. One female Jedi, when asked to team with you, said this exactly, ‘Can’t I take a bantha?’ Sean… things need to change.”

Sean sighed. “Listen, Master, I love alcohol. I’m sorry. And women, they’re great. I don’t see how that’s a…”

“Sean, listen, I don’t want you to go back to Oxanna’s.”

Sean hesitated slightly. “I… don’t think that will be a problem, Master Skywalker.”

Luke was silent for an awkward moment. “Why not?”

“Well…” Sean hesitated. “I think it blew up.” Sean hastily tried to recover that. “It wasn’t my fault. I was backstage with a Twi’lek dancer the whole time. In my defense, I was a bystander.”

Sean could hear Luke’s sigh. “Sean… please, promise me to be a little more responsible. You’re a great Jedi. I hate that your lifestyle choices overshadow your diplomatic skills and your proficiency with the lightsaber. Just…. Just get back to the temple. I’ll debrief you on your mission when you return.”

Sean sighed in defeat. “Yes, Master. I will do better. Sean Tavell out.” With that, Sean clicked off the comm unit. Well… that could have gone better. And so, in that attitude, Sean set the hyperdrive route and a moment later was hurtling through space, the blue tunnel of hyperspace lighting his viewport.

Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, August 19th 2009 03:41pm    Post subject:

As the Nove Hound barreled through hyperspace, Sean let himself drift off a bit. His head was still killing him, and he had to dim the cockpit lights to keep his head from all out explosion. Maybe Master Skywalker had a point. A life without hangovers would certainly be worth giving up some drinking. Master Skywalker…

The two Jedi had a history that went back quite a few years. Sean had been at the Yavin IV academy for only a few months the first time he met the famous Jedi. It was not a spectacular meeting. Sean was merely a twelve year old boy, staring in open idolization of the great Luke Skywalker. Sean would never forget what Luke had said to him that day.

….

………

…………….

In his defense, Sean did try to remember, but apparently it was not as memorable as he had originally thought. Or perhaps this headache was preventing his memory from fully functioning. Whatever the case, Sean decided not to dwell on it. It hurt his head too much.

Three years later, Sean was a cocky fifteen-year old. He had excelled greatly in the art of the lightsaber for one his age and had gotten quite prideful and arrogant. He had also developed a bit of a temper by this time. Socially, life hadn’t been easy for him since he arrived at the academy. His pampered life style did nothing to prepare him for the independence and responsibility of the life of a Jedi. And so, when Luke Skywalker gave him a short lecture on his character flaws, it only made sense that the young Sean felt anger burn throughout his entire body. He ignited his lightsaber and rushed the Grand Master.

Several Jedi moved to stop them, but Luke waved them off. As Sean thought back, that was quite a stupid move. Understandably, Luke wiped the floor with the young boy. Yeah…. Sean didn’t even have a chance. Heck that was an overstatement. Sean might as well of chopped his own hand off and ended it himself. Needless to say, Sean was extremely humbled by that experience. From that day forward, he made some serious changes to his life. People actually started to like him. Sean also had an extreme amount of respect for Master Skywalker from that day forward. As he thought back on it, Sean realized that throughout that fight, Luke had never given any impression but that of extremely kindness. Sean realized that Luke understood the young boy, and was merely helping him to grow.

Sean didn’t see much of Luke after that for a couple of years, but when he did, Luke remembered the “little assassin” and would always take a moment to sit and talk with him. Well, that all changed when Sean was seventeen. You see, Sean had found alcohol then. He didn’t start out drinking much, but the quantity quickly increased. Hormones also began to kick in, and Sean soon was trying to get with just about any female in the temple considered even reasonably attractive. This made life for the rest of the Jedi… interesting, to say the least. It also worried the teachers, who brought the problem to Luke’s attention.

The Grand Master, in his usual calm and kind manner, sat down with Sean periodically. Sometimes they would merely talk, other times Luke would teach Sean some aspect of the Force or other. The two bonded, and with a little guidance from the Master, Sean pulled himself under control. He never could kick those carnal habits, however.

But, over the years the two had developed what might be considered a father-son relationship. Luke seemed to have a lot of interest vested in Sean, and…

Sean’s internal monologue was broken as the comm. panel began to blink and beep. That was odd. He thought he had shut it down. He sat up now, his feet finally hitting the floor, as he intently scrutinized the comm. in the low light. Man his head hurt. After a moment, the confusion went away and he realized what was going on. It was the emergency broadcast channel.

Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Thu, August 20th 2009 03:12am    Post subject: Distressful Distress

Sean flicked on the comm. panel and listened intently to the message being looped over the emergency channel. “Tzzt… stranded en route from Corellia to Coruscant. Request assistance immediately….. This is Solo Enterprises Freighter 271 Star Runner, requesting immediate assistance. On route to Coruscant via Corellia, I repeat, stranded en route from Corellia to Coruscant. Request assistance immediately…… This is Solo Enterprises Freighter…” Sean didn’t take long to think about it. He hit a switch and was soon broadcasting to the Star Runner.

“Freighter Star Runner, this is Jedi Knight Sean Tavell aboard the Nova Hound, also en route to Coruscant via Corellia. Please relay your location. I will be there shortly.” Sean heard a voice on the other end of the comm. almost immediately.

“Thank the Force. Relaying coordinates now, Knight Tavell. Thank you. You’re a godsend.” Sean checked quickly and they had indeed sent him their location. Not far either. He pulled the Nova Hound out of hyperspace, plotted the mini-jump to their location, and activated the hyperdrive once more.

“I am on my way. Hold tight. I’ll just be a minute.” Sean called back into the comm. unit. He sat impatiently as he stared at the navi computer. After what seemed like far too long a time, the Jedi watched as the streaks of hyperspace faded into the normal star field he had grown to love during his years in space. Sitting in the center of his view was the freighter Star Runner. It didn’t take long for Sean to recognize it as a Corellian YT… probably a 2000. As he neared, he definitely knew he was right. The distance between the two ships closed and as he was nearing docking range, he flipped on the comm. again.

“This is Nova Hound, requesting permission to dock.

“Permission granted.” The response came almost too quickly, but that’s understandable. This freighter might have been here quite some time. This was Sean’s least favorite part of flying… docking while still in space. He could do it, but he still didn’t like it. After some gentle maneuvering, the ships were in place and docking rings were extended. Sean made sure that Nova Hound wasn’t going anywhere, and then stood and moved back to the airlock.

The airlock opened, and Sean recognized the hiss of the pressure equalizing. Sean stared at the docking ring. He hated this part. He began to move through, and he had a slight feeling of weightlessness. Gravity was good, and Sean was grateful to see the other end of the short tunnel open and a young man standing there to meet him.

Sean quickly was inside again with full gravity under his feet before he even acknowledged the man. “Sean Tavell, how can I help?” He extended a hand, and the other man shook it.

“Jonathan Riles. Glad you stumbled across us.” Sean nodded and followed as the young man moved further into the ship. So far, everything felt alright, so Sean wasn’t too worried. “And a Jedi, too. That’s fortunate. So, here’s what happened. We were coming back from a run, picking up a shipment on Corellia on our way back. Do it all the time. However, we got held up a bit longer by authorities than we anticipated, and we tried to make up some time by cutting the route a bit shorter. Well… we got a bit close to Talus, and it yanked us out of Hyperspace real bad. We crawled along as far as we could, trying to get back to the general area of the trade route. Sadly, our engines died not too much longer after.”

Sean nodded slowly. “Did pretty well to get here form Talus. So, what can I help with?”

“Well, I was actually pleased to see that you pilot a YT as well. Think you can try giving us a hand in getting the subspace and hyperdrive engines back online? We think he can do it… we just don’t have a lot of time.”

Sean grinned and rolled up his sleeves. “Well, my friend, let’s get to work.”

Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Fri, August 21st 2009 01:39am    Post subject:

Sean was led back to engineering where he was introduced to another crew member named Gus. Together, the three of them began work on the engine of the freighter. Sean noticed that the ship was old, only a few years younger than his own Nova Hound. It looked like it had seen some better days, but Sean could also tell it had been up kept to a pretty good standard and that instances like this were more than likely rare. Sean never claimed to be an ace mechanic, but five years of working on the Nova Hound had taught him much more than these two, both pilots and obviously not very skilled mechanically.

However, it became apparent after a few hours of work that the engine was beyond repair at this point in time, under these circumstances. There were several parts that needed to be replaced, and neither Nova Hound nor Star Runner had any of them to spare. It also became apparent that the navi computer had seen better days, and appeared faulty to a point. No doubt this was responsible for their miscalculated jump. Finally, it was evident that mechanically, there was a good bit wrong. Some hoses had broken, some bolts been stripped. This ship had been yanked out of hyperspace rather harshly, and there was nothing the three of them could do.

So, they sat in Star Runner’s lounge area, where Sean felt disappointed he could not help these two nice pilots out and Gus and Jonathan mortified at what Han Solo would say to them if they were as late as it seemed they now would be. They were all a bit exhausted and covered in all sorts of grease and oils. The two young men, both about twenty or so, were conversing in hushed tones. Apparently this shipment was for a rather important client, and Han Solo never broke a promise. He had promised the shipment by a certain date, and with this setback, it looked like he would have to go back on his word. Apparently he didn’t like doing that.

After some time, Sean sighed. He had to do something. The decent human being inside of him was pushing him too hard to ignore it. “Listen, he said.” Both the pilots looking up sharply at him, like they had forgot he was there. “I’m on my way to Coruscant. If we transfer the cargo to my holds, there won’t be too much of a delay and I shall insure that it arrives there safely.”

The two pilots looked at each other nervously. They had just met this man, and they were right to not trust him. “Listen…” Gus said. “We appreciate the offer, but…” Sean nodded knowingly.

“You don’t know if you can trust me? That’s right of you, but I have an easy fix for that. First, you can contact the Jedi Temple and request confirmation that I truly am who I say I am. Secondly, send a message to SE headquarters telling them who I am, what happened, I have the cargo, and will be there first thing tomorrow morning.” The two pilots looked at each other skeptically.

“That would work, but our long range transmitter has been broken this whole run. It was scheduled for repair the moment we got back.” Sean nodded.

“Again, no problem. Come on board the Nova Hound. I’ll get it taken care of." The solution was too good, and the young men eagerly followed Sean back to his ship. They arrived in the cockpit and Sean gave them the contact information for the Jedi Temple first.

As the connection was completed, the same woman as earlier came on the screen and asked, “Jedi Temple. How may I direct your call?” Jonathan, who seemed to be the captain and in charge of things like this, replied.

“We are freighter pilots for Solo Enterprises, request verification that a certain Jedi Knight, Sean Tavell, is truly associated with your Order.”

Sean leaned back as the operator put them on hold and then shortly thereafter sent a small file. Inside it had a brief bio of Sean, listing him as a member in good standing of the Jedi Order, as well as a very recent shot of what he looked like and his personality. Satisfied, they moved on to calling SE, which was closed for the holiday. An image of SE’s logo came on the screen followed by a recording stating that the building was closed and that a message should be left. Jonathan then gave a detailed description of what had happened, Sean’s involvement, the fact that he had the freight, and finally a list of parts that would be required to get the Star Runner running again.

Satisfied, the three men began to transfer the cargo from the Star Runner to Nova Hound’s two cargo holds. The process was relatively quick, and the two men shook Sean’s hand in appreciation before Sean moved to the Nova Hound for the last time.

“Do you have everything you need to survive for a day or so? Rations and what not?” Jonathan nodded.

“We’re all set. We can’t begin to express our gratitude. Thank you, Knight Tavell.” Sean nodded and turned to move through the docking rings.

As he reached the Nova Hound he said, “Don’t worry. I’ll get this shipment to SE headquarters first thing tomorrow morning. Once again they expressed their gratitude, and the airlock closed tight on both ends, docking rings pulling back to their respective ships.

Sean moved quickly to the cockpit and set course for Coruscant. As the far too familiar tunnel of hyperspace enveloped his Ship, Sean leaned back in his seat and tried to get some sleep. He wouldn’t be getting much sleep in an actually bed, he realized as he dozed off slightly, letting the autopilot do its job.

And Sean and the Nova Hound are ready to be moved to Coruscant, if you will. :)

Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, September 02nd 2009 11:00pm    Post subject:

Sean was wide awake when the Nova Hound dropped out of hyperspace. Stretched out before him was the sprawling city of Coruscant. He’d seen it many times, and while he never really cared for the city, it never ceased to amaze him. It had been the capital of the known galaxy for as long as time, or so it seemed. Even now, with the Galactic Union run from Corulag, Coruscant still oversaw the order of much of the galaxy. If anyone takes the time to take in the significance of the planet, it is impossible to avoid the shock and awe that Sean always felt.

It was not long before he had gained clearance for Nova Hound to land at the Jedi Temple. The perks of being a Jedi, he guessed. At any rate, he shut down the ship, leaving only a few systems running. It was now very early in the morning as it had only recently moved from New Year’s to the day after on Coruscant. So Sean, not wishing to bother anyone this early in the morning, merely moved back to his cabin and went to bed, pausing only to set an alarm.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

His alarm went off a little after sunrise, about six-thirty in the morning. He yawned and stretched, still feeling very tired. It took him several moments to realize that that incessantly annoying sound was his alarm, and he subsequently reached over and flicked it off. He lay still for a few minutes, contemplating sleep. However, he’d made a promise, and he prided himself on his honesty, if nothing else.

Groggily, he rolled out of bed and onto the floor. It took him a few more seconds to get up on his feet, and then moved off to get ready for the day. He took his time in the shower, for he enjoyed them far more than perhaps he should. He took his time getting ready. He also made himself a nice, small Corellian breakfast before looking up how to get to the Solo Enterprises’ headquarters. At about seven-fifteen, Sean moved to the cockpit, gained clearance, and lifted off out of the Jedi Temple’s hanger, planning to get this cargo to Solo as quickly as he possibly could.

Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Sun, March 21st 2010 01:44am    Post subject:

Sean lay in his bed. The lights were off, which suited Sean fine. He was extremely drunk... or perhaps hungover. Is it possible to be both? Well, if it is, Sean was it, and badly. He couldn't really tell how long it'd been since the meeting with Han. Sean had been drinking almost constantly since then.

Well, in actuality, he'd been drinking since Sonya, the receptionist, had slapped him, told him no way in hell would she be anyway involved with him, called him a sinful seducer or something, and sent him packing. No, wait.... Sean had moved his ship to the hanger in the Jedi Temple. Then he started drinking. The only reason he had stopped had to do with the fact that his stores of alcohol on board were dwindling. Not quite gone though.

At any rate, Han didn't seemed to be too pleased with the Jedi. Oh, he was grateful for the delivery, of course, but aside from that Han had pretty much said, "Get out of here, creep." .... perhaps more of a "Get the hell out of here, creep." Well, at least that's what Sean got out of it. He was too busy being slapped and the like to really notice what Solo was doing at the exact moment. Definitely not how he wanted his first meeting with such a legendary and influential individual like Han to go.

But, none of this mattered right now, because Sean was unconscious. His favorite thing about alcohol induced sleep was that he never dreamed, which was very beneficial to him. Sean's dreams tended to be... unpleasant.

The door to Sean's captain cabin slid open silently, and a shadow stretched across the room. The dark figure moved over to Sean's bed, watched a moment, then left. A moment later, the shadow returned again, this time carrying something. Sean was, of course, unaware of all this. This is due, most probably, to the state of drunken unconsciousness mentioned before.

However, Sean became quite conscious as the cold water splashed all over him. Splashed is perhaps the wrong word. It more flooded over him. At any rate, the lights came on, and Sean was not happy. Not only was he cold, wet, and no longer sleeping, but now the lights sent searing pain through his hungover head.

Sean had not recovered his sight yet—his arm was trying in vain to block out the light of the room—but when the figure in the doorway spoke, Sean had no trouble recognizing the voice. "Get out of bed, Sean. We need to talk. Now." Luke Skywalker—as the figure and voice turned out to be—did not sound happy.

"Was that completely necessary?" Sean demanded, his voice rising towards a holler.

"Yes. Come. Now." Luke responded, then dropped the bucket on the floor and left the Cabin.

Sean took this moment to say a few swear words, then stood. Tentatively, Sean tried to stand. He nearly fell, though managed to catch himself on the wall just in time. He tried to shake his clothes dry, but to no avail. So, he changed real quick, toweled off his hair, then left his cabin, his towel draped across his neck.

Sean expected Master Skywalker to have left the ship, but the boarding ramp was still up. Sean soon found Luke seated at one side of the holotable. The Jedi Master gestured briefly across the table, and Sean sighed. He moved over to the wall, dimmed the lights so his head didn't kill him quite as much, then seated himself across the table from Luke.

The ship was quiet for a few long, awkward moments. Finally, Luke spoke. His voice was calm, but intense. "I spoke to Han." It was a simple enough comment, but Sean knew what he had really said. Ah, sithspit. Was pretty much the thought that came to Sean, just after he winced a little.

"I don't think I have to tell you what about." Sean didn't reply to Luke's words. After another pause, Skywalker continued. "Sean, I am extremely disappointed in you."

Sean had expected that. "Master, listen, you'd understand if you'd seen her. She was a stunning brunette..."

"Sean," Luke said, cutting off the Jedi Knight, "She's blond."

This took Sean by surprise. "What? nah, she was a brunette. I'm sure of it."

Luke sighed. "Sean, I've seen her many times. Sonya is a blond. Beautiful, yes, but blond."

A puzzled expression came over Sean's face. "I could have sworn...."

"Listen, Sean.... you can't continue acting like this. Frankly, it gives the Jedi Order a bad name. We have to work hard enough as it is to keep our good image. You know I care about you, and I see a lot of potential in you, but you are hurting the Order." This, Sean had not really expected. "I know you enjoy your booze, and you enjoy women," Luke continued, "But in recent years you've been getting worse. I see it. Everyone else sees it. Do you see it?" Luke paused, waiting for an answer.

Sean didn't give him one. He looked down at the table, suddenly very quiet and morose. After some time, Luke decided he might just need to say something. The silence was answer enough.

"Sean.... you don't have to give up your vices entirely. Just control them. We can't have you degrading any further. I'd have to start locking you up." After Sean continued to be silent, Luke tried again. "For instance, you like women. Okay. Have you ever thought about settling down? Looking for someone who is more than just one night's entertainment?"

Sean broke his silence, laughing a little, cynical chuckle. "Been there, done that." He muttered.

Luke looked taken aback. "Excuse me? I.... I don't think I've heard about you being serious with anyone. And, something tells me, that'd be something I would hear about quite quickly." There was a joking tone in Luke's voice, but it did little to cure Sean of his sudden bout of melancholy.

In all honesty, he didn't like thinking about her. Sean would rather get a beating than think about her, and sometimes it had come to that. She... nah, he couldn't let his mind wander there. Not again. He was fine. He just needed to get off this topic. Things were fine....

"Sean, tell me about her. She sounds.... important. And clearly this upsets you. Is... is something wrong?" Sean just laughed again, his attention solely on the table in front of him. After more silence, Luke tried once more. "Please Sean?"

A sigh escaped Sean. He doubted Master Skywalker would let it rest. The older Jedi always seemed to get what he wanted. Wordlessly, Sean stood and left. When he came back, he was carrying two empty glasses and a bottle of his most expensive Corellian Brandy.

Luke eyed the contents of the bottle reproachfully. "Sean. You need to cut back on your drinking. I mean it. You'll drink yourself to your grave if you aren't careful."

"My ship, my rules." Sean said, a bit too abruptly. "You want me to talk about this? Well, I need brandy for that." Without another word, Sean settled back into his chair. it was comfortable, but he didn't really notice.

He poured two glasses of brandy and slid on to Luke, who made no move to touch it. Sean didn't let that stop him. He quickly downed the first glass and poured himself another.

"Alright then," He said, "It was, what, six years ago now..."

Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
Farmboy

Post Posted: Thu, March 25th 2010 01:19pm    Post subject:

Luke sat quietly, contemplating what Sean had just told him. It.... worried Luke that he had not really suspected Sean had a reason for how he had acted. Sean had always been a bit of a wild one, and Luke had just assumed this was natural escalation. Apparently, he had been wrong. Normally Luke could pick up these things. Strange that he hadn't.

The Jedi Master had to admit, though, that Sean's reason were good. Though they didn't excuse the actions of the younger Jedi, they certainly explained them. Luke might have done the same in a similar circumstance. Either way, Sean might need more help than Luke realized.

"Sean..." Luke started, still a contemplative expression covering his face, "I didn't really suspect this."

Sean shrugged. "No one did. It wasn't out in the open." Sean seemed rather subdued, existing primarily within himself.

A slight beeping interrupted Luke's thoughts. He looked down quickly at his comm link. And incoming call. Hmm... he'd probably best take that. Luke sighed as once again the hassles of being the Grand Master of the Jedi Order settled upon him.

"Sean.... it'll be alright. I promise. I can't talk anymore. Sadly, business calls. If you need to talk though, just let me know. It's not good that you've kept this so pent up. It'll devour you, Sean. Soon, you'll lose yourself." Luke offered the Jedi Knight a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. I'll just start keeping you so busy, you won't even have time to think about any of this." A mischievous note had crept into Luke's voice. He was trying to relax Sean, but.... it only helped marginally. A slight smile crossed Sean's face, but aside from that, he merely nodded.

Luke heaved another sigh and stood. This was going to be difficult. Obviously Sean was troubled, perhaps in pain. Luke hated that there wasn't anything he could really do about that. Sean would have to work it out himself... but, still. Suffering always bothered Luke, especially when it was needless, as Sean's appeared to be.

His comm link beeped again, and Luke moved from his seat. As he passed Sean, he patted him on the shoulder. "Hang in there, Sean. I'll keep in touch. I think I do actually have something for you to handle. Besides," Luke added, almost as an after thought, "With the unfavorable impression you left with Han, you may want to avoid being on the same planet as him for a while." Luke smiled again. "No idea what might happen if you bumped into him." Sean's reaction was minimal and Luke shook his head sadly. Reluctantly, he left the ship and its depressed owner and headed back into the main temple.
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Thu, March 25th 2010 01:40pm    Post subject:

Sean had thought that he was feeling about as miserable as it was possible to feel. Apparently, he'd been wrong. The visit with Master Skywalker had done far worse to him than any amount of drunkenness or hangovers could. Sean was now partially drunk, still feeling hungover, and now miserably depressed. What a life.

It could be worse, he thought. I guess I could be dead..... ah, heck, that'd be an improvement. Sean rested his head in his hands for a while. He didn't know how long it'd been since Luke had left. He didn't care. He did drift off for a while though, his head falling to the holotable in front of him.

He had a dream. Not a pleasant dream. Or, perhaps it was a pleasant dream and that was what made it so unpleasant. It was a complex strain of thoughts that Sean had often, and he hated it. He groggily woke part way through the dream, and he was not in a very good mood.

After stretching some, the pains of the galaxy settled back on his shoulder. He wanted to cry. He had no idea why that was, but he had heard it helped, and anything that helped would be welcome. Try a he might, however, he just couldn't manage it. Go figure. Sean's thoughts drifted off into a constant state of self loathing, self pity, and all around selfishness. He realized he was being a tad bit stupid just now, but he didn't care. He was depressed, and by the Force he was going to feel depressed.

He stubbornly clung to that line of thinking for some time, but it soon got boring. It was at this point that Sean decided he wasn't going to be depressed anymore. However, that would involve two things; people—preferably women—and alcohol. Solitude would only make things worse. He'd been dealing with this for five years. He'd learned a thing or two.

Most of the drunkenness had passed at this point, though he still felt the massive throbbing in his head, and Sean realized that he was rather... in need of a shower. Quickly, he took care of that little detail. After dressing, he left his ship. What he needed was a good bar, and even if it was the death of him he would find one.

Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Tue, August 10th 2010 11:39pm    Post subject:

If Sean had any doubts earlier that you could be both drunk and hungover at the same time, he quickly put them to rest. Since parting with Coral some time ago—an event he could never really recall with any accuracy—his depression returned and he had been drinking again. In retrospect, it really was a mistake. However, he felt good, so he didn't stop himself. He did recall, briefly, that Coral sent him a message and that he replied, though he doesn't really know what he said nor even if it was coherent.

However, he was now trying to sober up, mostly because his head felt as though a bantha was dancing a jig on it. However, he'd spent too much idle time on Coruscant, and it was time for him to move along. The problem was, he had no idea what he should do. Maybe he'd check with Master Skywalker.

Sean's head pounded briefly. Maybe in a few hours. Surely it could wait. With that spirit, Sean stood and moved out.... promptly passing out on his bed.

Tag: Alex Mostly just saying that he DID return Coral's message. I'll leave you to find something suitably hilarious for him to have said. :-p

Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Sun, August 15th 2010 02:02pm    Post subject:

*beep, beep, beep*

*beep, beep, beep*

*beep, beep, beep*

Sean began to quietly curse to himself. He was still happily half passed out, but this incessant beeping seemed...

*beep, beep, beep*

... seemed intent to ruin his wonderfully dream-free sleep. Whatever it was, it could wait. Yeah, it could.....

*beep, beep, beep*

*beep, beep, beep*

"Damn it all!" Sean roared as he rolled out of his bed, landing nimbly on the floor. A quick check to a nearby monitoring screen told him the beeping was coming from the comm system. "Who in their right mind is calling me?" In a rage, Sean set out to let someone know that he did not appreciate being interrupted so. However, as he activated the comm system, he drew up short. Staring back at him with tear streaked eyes was his mother.

Sean blinked. Unable to think of anything else to do, he blinked again. Sean's mother tried to speak a few times, but her voice broke and rendered her speechless every time she tried. It took Sean a moment or two, but he finally found his voice. "Moth...." He then lost it for a second. Shaking himself, he managed to get his mind working. "Mother. This is....... an unexpected surprise."

As a matter of background information, it should be noted that Sean was not particularly fond of his mother. The details are complex, but simply put he thought she was an abusive harlot that had tried to ruin her husband—Sean's father. Now, part of this was based in truth, but it is fair to state that part of it was the bitter attitude Sean's father had towards her. Sean was only four at the time, but he still remembered the day his mother left, albeit vaguely. It was later that he learned his mother had been sleeping around with most of his father's friends. The ensuing firestorm is what cause the senior Tavell to leave the hustle and bustle of Coronet for the relative isolation of Bela Vistal, bringing his modest mercantile business and his son with him. It proved to be a positive move. The modest business thrived with a series of wise investments and last Sean had heard, his father was one of the richer men in the area.

Despite the bad history, Sean's dad still supplied his mother with financial assistance. They never legally divorced, and Sean could never understand why. At any rate, for these reasons and perhaps more, Sean was not fond of his mother. Sure, she had tried to make things up to him. She'd tried as hard as she knew to gain back Sean's affections, but it was to no avail. Sean could hold a grudge quite well.

"Sean-y..." She said, her voice breaking again.

"What is it, mother?"

"Plea-please..." she begged, "All the other children always called their mothers mom. Please, can't you? Please?"

She was clearly distressed, and Sean didn't see any reason to make it worse, so he conceded. "We haven't spoken for years. But.... fine..... Mom. What do you want? I'm a Jedi Knight, I don't have much money. What I do have I get from Dad, and you already rob him blind..."

"Please.... please.... don't...." She begged, breaking down into tears. As she cried, Sean felt a slight amount of pity building up. He didn't let it show. After a sigh though, he adopted a kinder tone of voice and then spoke.

"Mom, what do you want?"

"It's... it's about your father....."

"What about Dad?"

"He... he was killed last night."

The Dark and Winding Road First Previous Next Latest

Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Thu, August 19th 2010 01:23am    Post subject:

The Nova Hound had been in hyperspace for some time, but Sean had been in a daze and could recall none of it. His father..... dead. The rest of his conversation with his mother had been far from tame. As soon as Sean had recovered from the shock he instantly began throwing accusations at his mother. The already tense call had devolved into chaos. His mother was in tears as she spewed facts about his father, political messes, gangs... Sean couldn't keep track of it all.

Needless to say, the conversation did not end well. As soon as Sean's fury abated, the shock took full effect. Without notifying anyone, he left Coruscant for Corellia. Luke had called several times since then, all of which Sean had ignored. He was in no mood to talk to, well, anyone. His thoughts were a jumbled mess, dark and foreboding. For years, his father had been the one source of sense in the universe. He was a good man, who raised Sean well. In one night, that changed. Sean's pillar was gone. Now what was he left with? His mother? Heh.

Sean already knew what his course of action would be. It was so very un-jedi-like that he knew Luke would not approve. Sean didn't even approve, but that didn't matter. Sean would find the man who killed his father. If he had to destroy the entire galaxy to do so, he would.

Sean stood and left the cockpit as the comm panel exploded again. He didn't bother to check who it was. He made his way to his cabin, where he grabbed a half-empty bottle of brandy, then returned to the cockpit where he sat and began to nurse it until he reached Corellia.

The Nova Hound is now on Corellia

Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, August 25th 2010 02:11pm    Post subject:

Sean awoke the next morning with the headache that seemed to accompany his morning all too much recently. It took him a long while to remember that there was someone else on board, and that they had both gone to their respective cabins and passed out after getting back from The Haze. Groggily, he rolled out of bed and went to the fresher. He cleaned himself up, shaved, then went back to his cabin wearing only a towel. After getting dressed in some more casual dress than the robes he had worn all day yesterday, he slipped his black leather jacket over his shoulders and realized he had yet to hear from his guest. Curious, he moved down the hall and knocked at her door.

When Sara didn't respond, he tried to open it, but it was locked. He cursed slightly, then overrode the lock with one of his pass-codes. Inside it was dark, and he could see Sara had taken the left bunk. He moved over and gingerly shook her, saying, "Hey, wake up sleepy." After this didn't work. He brushed his fingers gently along her cheek. "Sara. Wakey wakey." She still didn't budge, so he tried something a little more forceful. He shook her harder than before, but all he got was a groan as she rolled away from him, obviously in a deep, hungover sleep.

Sean was now irritated. He wanted her up. He had things to do. He left her room and went to the cockpit. He settled in his pilot's chair, then activated the collision alarm. He propped his feet up on the control panel as red lights went off all over the ship with bursts of sirens accompanying them. He waited for her to come storming up to the cockpit like he figured she would.

Tag: Carn

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, August 25th 2010 02:35pm    Post subject:

Sara rolled in her sleep. She hadn’t had a hangover in four years, and the pounding in her head that she had long forgotten was coming back to her. She drifted her eyes awake as she saw Sean leave in a hurry, but rolled back and hid her head under her pillow, Sean’s pillow. Frak, Sara uttered in her head as she tried to remember the night before. She had gone to The Haze, met Sean and agreed to come along in exchange for some training. They got to his ship, The Kath Horn? No, that didn’t sound right. They got up the gangplank and Sara almost collapsed from being drunk, Sean helped her up and led her to the crew cabins and then…? No, all she remembered was seeing Sean leave the room and shut it behind him. She had gotten up and locked the door, or she thought she did, and went to sleep. Good, she thought as she rolled over again slowly to a different position. She was glad she was sober enough to at least think and not do anything she’d regret. But she was also glad she was drunk enough to pass out, though she didn’t wake up on The Leaper, and Clare was still dead.

Alarms began to sound and red strobe lights flashed that hammered against Sara’s ears and nauseated her. But her body snapped and jumped out of her bunk and ran barefoot out of the cabins and to the cockpit. She recognized the sounds and flashes, a proximity alarm. They must have been in space, and Sean must be flying through an asteroid field. She prayed that he wasn’t drunk.
“What’s going--?!” she shouted as entered the cockpit to see Sean with his feet propped up on the controls and a hand behind his head, the other hand pressing down a button on the controls. She looked out of the cockpit viewports to see the same hanger The Kath Horn was in, “…On…”

Sean released his finger from the button and the sirens and lights stopped, “That got you awake.”

“Gods don’t do that to me!” Sara exclaimed, though her head suddenly flared from her hangover, her hand rubbing her forehead gently. She moaned from the adrenaline and said, “Ugh, I’m going back to bed.”

Sean checked a chrono on the control panel, “You want to sleep in through the afternoon?” he chuckled.

“What?” Sara asked as she whirled her head around, foolhardily, back to Sean as her eyes spun.

“Yeah, we slept in. Besides, I needed to test the alarms for The Nova Hound,” he paused, seeing Sara’s head flush red and flare, “Seems like they’re working.”

Sara rubbed her head, then asked, “Where to then?”

Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Tue, August 31st 2010 03:40pm    Post subject:

Sean looked her over briefly. She looked rather stunning, really, even if she had just woken up. A white leather top, sleeveless, tight jeans.... All in all a perfect 10.... or at least a solid 8. Sean smiled briefly to himself, then looked her in the eyes. "So, I need to find a killer. Sadly, I don't know where he is... or who he is. We'll ask around Coronet though and see if anyone knows anything. It's very important we pick up his trail quickly, or else we'll lose it."

Sean thought for a moment about the job ahead of them. Finding his father's killed would be tough. He knew this. Sean had the advantage of the Force though, Sara did not... well, at least not that she could use reliably at the moment. If only she could... well, that shouldn't be too hard to teach her. She's probably already done it with or without knowing. Maybe.... Yes. Yes, that's what they'd do.

"Before we go out and ask around though, I'll fulfill part of my end of the bargain. You'll need a little bit of training to be more effective. It'll be simple, but... are you up to both this mission I am on and some training now?"

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, August 31st 2010 04:01pm    Post subject:

Sara rubbed her bare arm in thought. Was this really where she wanted to go, travel the Galaxy with someone she didn’t know? All in the promise that he could teach her to use her powers? She’d trusted someone before, trusted him with her life. But it was different when she joined Badim on the late-Killer’s Fate, she had known who he was underneath. A killer at first, then a savior before her eyes and now, she didn’t know where he was at with his life. A killer again, or retaining his ways of being a savior to those less-fortunate.
Her feeling would have surely been repressed forever in cold sleep if it weren’t for Badim releasing her. She never would have felt the warm feelings of a friendship with Jonas, or the remorse for briefly losing him to the Sarlacc. Sara wasn’t as intimate with Jonas as she once wanted, a close friend now that she left behind with the rest of her life on The Leaper.

Sara would return. She knew that. After her strewn powers were harnessed under complete control, and not out of control like on Naboo.
“I already signed up for it didn‘t I?” she crossed her arms just under her breasts. Quickly seeing it was a mistake, Sean being the way he was she assumed, and moved her arms over her chest.
“What do you have in mind? Cross legged sitting and floating up a hydrospanner in the cargo hold?”

Tag: Chuckles
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Tue, August 31st 2010 04:13pm    Post subject:

A slight smirk crossed Sean's face. "Yeah, something like that." He nodded off towards the rest of the ship. "Go ahead and get settled a bit. Change into whatever will be most comfortable. I want you to be as relaxed as possible. I have clothes in the closet in your cabin that should fit you, if you want. When you're ready, meet in the port cargo hold."

As she left, Sean couldn't help from watching her.... well.... eh.... watching her leave. Very nice. He shook his head. Focus. That's what he needed. He finally dropped his feet from the control panel and moved to the cargo bay on the port side, passing by the cabins as he did so. Sadly, Sara's door was closed, but that was fine. It was more an amused hope than anything else...

When he reached the hold, he removed his jacket and laid it carefully on the floor. It was a gift from his father, and he had always treated it with great care, though more so now for obvious reasons. He pulled off his white long-sleeved shirt next, then settled down cross-legged by his jacket, bare-chested and barefooted, to wait for Sara to arrive. He closed his eyes and began to focus, letting all the tension, fear, anger, and confusion of the past few days seep out of him.

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, August 31st 2010 05:08pm    Post subject:

Sara rummaged through the closet in her cabin. There wasn’t much here that would be suitable for her to wear in training, and all the searching did was make her wonder a little more about Sean and why he’d have all of these clothes for women. It seemed like he was very active, and should have been kept at a distance. But she was committed now, and she’d need to just keep a cautious eye on him. She was in this for the training and to help Sean find a killer. She wasn’t here to repeat what she had learned about men on The Leaper. About Jonas. In one moment Sara had seen most of his life, far more than what could have been learned through conventional means.

She continued to rummage through the closet. The only thing she could find that she could wear at the moment, mainly due to a sudden chill was a black leather jacket. Sara took the clothing off it’s hanger and slipped her slender arms through it’s sleeves. The jacket was colder than the ship at first, but quickly warmed up.
She grabbed the collar and stretched it tight and crisp, the fabric mixing fairly well with her figure and current, already comfortable clothing. She briefly inspected herself in a mirror in the room. Satisfied, she moved out of her cabin and into the halls. She knew YT-1930s had two cargo holds when Shawn and her were looking at ships on Corellia four years ago. They opted against it and purchased a used YT-1300 instead. Now she only had to figure out which cargo hold Sean was in. Probably as good a time as any to try her powers out at her own will.

She breathed in deeply, letting it exhale softly as her eyes closed and she tried to access her abilities. She felt a presence, or absence, in the starboard cargo hold. She paced to it only to discover an empty machine shop with varying parts, most exotic to her and there were a variety of cylinders. Lightsaber shop? she shook her head and quickly strode towards the port hold, where she found Sean sitting on the ground, using his jacket as a mat; his shirt off and tossed casually just a foot or two away from him. His eyes were closed but he seemed to feel her as she entered.

His chest was bare, lean and muscular. He wasn’t overly built, but not overly scrawny either. He reminded her of a male model she had seen somewhere on a HoloCommercial. She quickly retracted her thoughts, not wanting to repeat a Jonas ever again. Her mind set straight, she took her shoes off and placed her newly acquired jacket on the ground; sitting cross-legged next to Sean.
“Ready.” she said boldly, calm and enthusiastic, fear and doubt tingeing her voice as she closed her eyes, waiting for Sean’s instructions.

Tag: Chuckles
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, September 01st 2010 01:35am    Post subject:

Lost in himself as he was, Sean still was vaguely aware of Sara's presence as she came in. He kept his eyes closed, centering himself, preparing for what was to come. He ran through teachings that Luke and Sean's own master had shown him, and for the first time in the past few days, he was at peace. He did take one peek at her out of a half opened eye before returning to his former closed-eyed position.

"Fine choice, the jacket. It suits you." Was all he said. He figured the first thing he needed to be sure she had was patience. He sat there, taking deep breaths, letting his consciousness flow into the Force to feel Sara beside him, the tiny organisms within the ship, the hustle and bustle of life out in the star port of Coronet.

He let himself get lost for a time, letting his mind drift through Coronet, his childhood haunt. When he reached his limit with the Force, he relied on his memory to wander the streets of the busy city. So much had changed since those days, and yet so little. He could still walk to his old home, now somebody else's, or to his father's old office. Lost as he was in the Force, thoughts of his father didn't phase him so much. Certainly there was that remaining pang of sorrow, but also a calm acceptance began slipping in. People live, and they die. The Universe goes on, and all is as it was meant to be. Certainly, he'd still get his revenge, but suddenly he wasn't feeling that same burning hatred, merely resolve.

He didn't really know how long it had been when he returned to himself. Still he sat there, eyes closed, and turned his sense next to Sara to see how she was coping.

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 01st 2010 03:17am    Post subject:

Sara waited for Sean to give her instructions on her training, but ended up waiting for longer than she thought. She sighed inwardly, silently taking in a sharp breath and holding it briefly before releasing it. She’d at least need to try connecting to The Force on her own while Sean was unavailable in his head. She closed her eyes, repeating her slow breathing pattern as her mind settled in the quiet cargo hold. Sara took a chance, and reached out the best she could. The feelings were shaky, foggy and unclear to her. She was able, from brief experience, pick apart a foggy presence of a being around the hanger and the absence of one. Her reach only encompassed the ship, and she felt extremely lifted and dimly heard the hammering of her heart as she experienced this feeling.
It was foreign, strange and daring. The feeling. She wanted to try and reach further out, but her thoughts retracted as she broke her concentration and Sara came crashing back to her normal self. Her eyes shot open, her breathing still steady but her heart pounding in her chest.
She reminisced on the sensation, she could feel the life of every living thing in and around the ship, it was uplifting and she felt more confident in herself. But her loss of control had sent her shoes, for an unknown reason why her shoes, were floating in front of her shakily and erratically.

As soon as she realized they were floating, she squealed in surprise and let the pair fall to the ground in front of her. She looked at them and turned to Sean, his eyes still closed as he was lost in his thoughts. Sara returned to her posture, closed her eyes once more to try and repeat what lessons she could give herself, though, she’d need a lot of help to make sure objects didn’t randomly fly towards her every time she closed her eyes. Hopefully Sean, as a Jedi Knight, could teach her the control needed to contain, and harness The Force.
Sara’s thoughts went back to the friends and life she had left behind, burying her connections to them to protect them from her erratic and currently uncontrollable powers, and to embrace, or at first fear her abilities. She couldn’t help but sigh. She should have accepted the help of her friends, not push them away as she had done.

Sara suddenly felt a warmth in the back of her head, slowly growing through her body as her eyes shot open again in surprise, turning her head towards Sean to see him in his same stance. But she felt him, he was out of the hole in his mind and concentrating on her again.
“Sorry,” Sara realized as her usage of The Force was out of impatience, “I was curious on how to do it in practice, and not on accident. Got a little ahead of myself.” she said, her reference to the shoes in front of her, whether he had seen the act happen or not, she didn’t know.

Her cross-legged, eye’s closed stance returned to her as she said, “Can we start your lesson now? Then we can get after that killer, and I won’t be a liability and randomly flinging stuff without control.” she smiled, suddenly the thought of being a future Jedi becoming more appealing to her, if she made it down that path that far to be called as such. She wondered when she’d be able to fling objects at enemies or make portable cover for her, until she got a lightsaber. All these thoughts started to bombard her by the second, everything she had witnessed from Lucas and Kyp making her think about all the things she could achieve. She tried to repel the emotions, knowing that much about Jedi, Lucas being an obvious exception to her eyes.

She had felt something when she bumped into Lucas, something about the dried blood under his nose. A shadow almost, but she had her own shadows as well. Lucas could have just been in deep thought, coming to the revelation of her having the same, if not far, far weaker abilities as he had. Sara still being largely unaware of them. She feared what she’d discover on this new path, if she’d stay true to justice or fall. Her road had become fogged as soon as she found out she was Force Sensitive. What bigger universe had she just entered? And who was that man in her memory? Was she going to see him on this path? Was he a Jedi or worse?

Her mind jolted back to reality, noticing Sean shaking his head as he tried to connect with her. “Sorry. Let’s get started.” she smirked, then intently listened on his instructions.

Tag: Chukles
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, September 01st 2010 03:42am    Post subject:

A smile crossed his lips as Sean noticed Sara's actions. He was pleased she had started to try on her own and succeeded somewhat, even if she wasn't being quite as patient as he had hoped she'd be. Oh well. He hadn't been patient at first either.

When he did finally speak, no doubt it would surprise her. He was still sitting there, eyes closed, relaxing in the hold of his ship, though his mind had returned to the present situation. He felt some turbulence from her, and started there. "There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is The Force." He paused, still in his relaxed state, not looking at Sara, but his attention clearly on her, his focus through the Force on her almost exclusively. "I never bought into the common interpretations of the Jedi Code of old completely, but they have some good points. The most important thing to remember about the Force is that you will always be closer to it, always be more powerful in it, if you have peace.

"Many Dark Jedi will tell you differently. Many Jedi will tell you differently, but never forget it. It applies to other aspects of life as well. Someone who is truly at peace with themselves is unbeatable. Even death cannot stop them. So, whenever you wish to touch the Force, I find it's always easier to do if I am calm and restful, hence the lack of my normal attire." He smiled slightly.

"The Jedi have developed techniques to induce calm, and I can teach you some of these if you wish, but for now I want to focus on your ability to touch the Force. You've done it before, just now even, but that was accidental, as you said." Sean paused, a puzzled expression coming over his face, his eyes still closed.

"As I mentioned before," He finally began again, once the words came to him, "The Force is something personal for each person. I can't tell you what to look for, what to feel, or even how to find it within yourself and how to touch it. I can guide you though." Sean thought again for a moment.

"Begin by taking a deep breath. Close your eyes and follow your breaths in, and out. Listen, and as you listen, surrender yourself to what you feel. Try not to focus too much on any one thing. Let your attention wander until you find that familiar feeling. To access the Force, it is most important that you become familiar with it, so that you recognize it. Slowly abandon your senses until all you have left is your feelings, your instincts. No longer see, or smell, or hear your surroundings... feel them, in the fibers of your being. Try it, and tell me how you do." Sean then fell silent and began a breathing exercise to maintain his calm.

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 01st 2010 04:26am    Post subject:

Sara breathed slowly in, and out as instructed. Before she closed her eyes she noticed a chrono in the room and noted the time, however slowly forgetting it as her thoughts calmed and rested as before. She didn’t concentrate on the presences of life and dug deeper into herself and her connection to The Force. Her mind seemed to get numb as the feelings intensified, but she ignored it as she tried not to comprehend on it. Within her eyelids she could almost visualize light, slowly reaching the energy inside her. Her eyes were darting as if she were asleep, but forced herself to keep them straight and focused. Doing just that she almost lost it again, close to being thrown back out like being forced away by a strong current. Sara waded through the distractions until she was at her center again.
Her breathing stayed steady with the beats of her calm and slowing heart. She was close. She forced herself deeper, pushing herself further than she had come and beyond the point of return. Sara was committed now, she had to keep at it and find her abilities within. Her mind’s eye opened and she saw blue within her eyelids. She smiled inward and out. She made it.

Her spirit was lifting with joy, her connection stronger now after this first hurtle. She got ahead of herself and began to explore the world around her, comforting her thoughts and acting as if it were a close friend. Always being there with her from birth to now. A friend that had unknowingly accompanied her through her life.
She memorized everything she had learned, remembering shortcuts and workarounds so she could access it easier the next time she meditated. Sara thought this would last forever, but a single thought rocked it all and the world around her formed again. Jonas.
The physical world built back around her and her eyes slowly opened to the port cargo hold of The Nova Hound. She turned to Sean, smiling at him. There was still much more work to be done with her abilities, but she felt as though she could control it now.
Sara felt she was going to be spending a lot of her free time meditating until she got it down. But Jonas wouldn’t leave her head, no matter how much she reassured herself that they were friends, nothing more and nothing less. Jonas was for Lucas, not her. She knew that. Sara closed her eyes briefly, trying to shut Jonas out completely, to forget about him and move on with her life and training. She succeeded, partially. Sara would need to stay away from Jonas for a long time.

Sara knew there had to be one last thing to be done to truely leave him behind. She pulled her comlink out of it’s small holster and turned it on. She highlighted Jonas as Sean watched, curious if she was calling someone on the ‘link about her powers.
Sara enlarged the small portrait of Jonas, drinking in the mugshot of him with a smirk across his face. His dark eyes looking into her soul from even this far of a distance from Naboo.
She swallowed hard, trying not to look at him as she blocked him from calling her, and deleted the contact code to prevent her from calling him. She didn’t need him as a distraction, and wondering if he’d call at any moment, if at all, would count as one.

Sara severed her last tie to the Leaper. Pushing everyone away in a specific method, Jonas with the comlink and favor; everyone else with her departure. She had no one left to fall back on now, except for the dim friend she had grown up with. The Force.
She looked up at the chrono on the wall, a half-hour had passed with her struggling to dig into her center. “I did it.” she smiled.

Tag: Chukles, Alex Just letting you know Alex that Sara's deleting Jonas from his Ipad—I mean comlink :p So if Jonas tries to call her for an emergency or something with The Leaper (Not likely, but hey, an option), he'll get like "You've been blocked" or something, then someone else can try to call her since she didn't block anyone else, getting Sara in on some co-ops if Chuk agrees with them when they show up. Your call on that last bit.
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, September 01st 2010 02:19pm    Post subject:

Sean grinned as he followed her progress with the Force. He could feel her reach out, exploring, testing her boundaries... and then she was suddenly restrained to herself again. Still, great progress for a first real attempt. He opened his eyes and watched her discretely, not saying a word as she fiddled with her comm. When she was done and expressed her pleasure at her success, he flashed her a more open grin. He was fully himself now, the bitter misery locked away for the time being.

"That was a great first try. Really. Now, what we will be doing out in Coronet city will be gathering Intel, talking to people, getting information about Jacoba Tavell's murder. There is a technique that, as a Jedi, becomes second nature and it will greatly benefit you when gathering information." Sean paused for a moment before continuing, organizing his thoughts.

"As you are no doubt aware, people will lie. However, with the Force, you can detect deceit, as well as other emotions and impulses. This may feel very invasive to you, and... bluntly, it is. We don't have to delve down deeply though. As Jedi, we often just skim the crowd around us. Threats to our or others safety will most usually be prevalently apparent without delving too deep. It's a necessary evil, this ability, but you'd be foolish to discount such a beneficial tool. Awareness of your surroundings is key to your survival, as well the safety of those around you. It will alert you of threats and allow you to react in defense, and often times allow you to smooth over hostilities before they even begin. As a Jedi, we are keepers of the peace, first and foremost. We react in Force only when necessary. It is important that we not only be skilled warriors, but also skilled diplomats."

His lecture concluded, Sean gave Sara a moment to let his words sink in before continuing on. "Now, I want you to try again, but this time instead of trying to turn your attention to everything at once, I want you to try and zero in on me, see if you can glean my emotions and thoughts from me." He winked at her. "If you'd feel more comfortable trying that last exercise a few more times to get it down, feel free to." Sean watched her now carefully.

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 01st 2010 03:31pm    Post subject:

Sara closed her eyes again, repeating the process of breathing in and out as it came to her almost as an instinct. She was learning so quickly, so fast it surprised her. She thought she heard somewhere that some people with the ability to use The Force couldn’t even grasp it after years of practice, and even then only minutely. Sara was twenty-four and learning how to use The Force, not like how she imagined. She figured she was far past the age of acceptance for Jedi Training.
Her world fell apart yet again, stripped down to it’s core and bare as she searched for Sean. It seemed like he was farther away from her than he physically was, maybe her aim wasn’t down yet to recognize it. Sara needed to open her mind to this new world she was apart of now; and not think in the way she had trained her physical self.

This was going to be a rough transition, and Sara figured that’s why the Jedi brought younglings in at such a young age, since they hadn’t been taught anything else thus far and could more easily grasp The Ways of the Force.

Her mind darted. Had she already been selected for Jedi training on Nar Shaddaa years ago? If so why didn’t her parents allow her to pursue her faint abilities? It was, after all a time of war, and if The Empire was the same Jedi haters as they were years earlier they might have saw them trying to wipe the Jedi out again, their daughter along with them. The war ended shortly after their death, and Sara was still unaware of her powers until now. She wondered if Shawn knew, and was keeping her from it.

Sara’s mind darted once more, back into the training Sean was instructing her in. Sara breathed in and out as she concentrated on Sean’s ghostly form. His emotions controlled and orderly, his mind emanating calm. Sara didn’t know how to completely read him, or if reaching in to his thoughts and reading his mind was possible, even for an experienced Jedi. His mind, except for the emotions he was openly expressing, was well trained and locked. Sara figured she’d back out now, nothing worth straining over if there was no way of getting any deeper with this portion.

Her eyes opened to the physical world, scanning the room with a small smile. Success after success. She wondered if being an adult trainee instead of a youngling had it’s advantages, though she wondered when her disadvantages would cause a failure. Every success had to have a failure somewhere. She inwardly shook her head, not visibly showing it as she turned to Sean.
“Next?”

Tag: Chukles

Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Modified YT-1930 "Nova Hound"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: