Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Shape (Modified GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Shape (Modified GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, October 21st 2009 01:29pm    Post subject: Shape (Modified GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat)

Shape

Modified Sienar Fleet Systems GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat

Owner/Captain: Norrteth Zu'fa
Co-Registered to Morgan ZIM

Quote:
Details
Expand
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, October 21st 2009 02:46pm    Post subject:

Somewhere in the Quiberon Sector, near the Triellus Trade Run...

”Space. A big place full of nothing occasionally spotted with large chunks of burning gas we call ‘stars’ orbited by big chunks of rock we call ‘planets’, with the occasional miscellaneous cosmic phenomenon spotted here and there to make things interesting. It is this place which we…”
”Booor-ring.”

Morgan let his head hang as the AI in his head interrupted his internal monologue, an attempt to break up the monotony associated with the task currently being undertaken by himself and his partner, the Gand Norrteth Zu'fa. The system itself, which consisted of little more than a star orbited by a large, surprisingly stable ring of asteroids and didn’t even have a proper name, had been the location of a significant upswing of pirate raids lately, much like several other systems in the local area. Significant enough that a couple bounties had be placed on the band of pirates responsible, yet with all that was going on in the galaxy, even ten years after the Empire and Alliance had put aside their differences, it still hadn’t raised enough attention to get a major military response.

It helped that no one really knew yet where the pirates were stationed. Not only had the band managed to carefully control their profile, they were also good at covering up their tracks.

”How long was it we were expecting to wait?”
“Norrteth is unsure. There was no established schedule. The two of us will wait as long as we need to.”

Morgan pretty well expected an answer like that. Even if the alien had helped him improve his own skills as a hunter during the time they had been working together, there was still no doubt that Norr took his job as a hunter much more seriously than the cyborg did. The plan he had laid out was for them to wait till a raid happened so they could get an idea for what kind of forces they would be dealing with, and so as long as they could afford to do so, he expected that they would continue to wait.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, October 22nd 2009 04:43am    Post subject:

Morgan was busy performing maintenance checks on his armor when things finally began to happen. As he was taking another look at the retraction system for his helmets visor, Repo, the local R8 astromic who might as well have been installed as a permanent feature in the ships fight area for all it moved around, began beeping about something important.

“Morgan, activity has started.” Norrteth confirmed.

Putting down the helmet, the hunter moved back up to where his seat in the cockpit was located and took a look around. There, out in the distance, he could see a large ship, likely a freighter of some kind. As the system they were in was uninhabited, the stop had to be for navigational reasons. As the two watched from the Shape’s hiding place within the asteroid field, he ship continued to move along, though at sublight speeds, as it appeared to move in a direction that would give it free reign to jump back into hyperspace.

“That does not appear to match any of the known reported ship classes used by the pirates so far.” Norr’ commented.
”You don’t need any reports to tell that’s not the ship we’re looking for. No self-respecting pirate would fly around in that junk-heap.”
”So what do you think?” Morgan mused, ignoring ZIM. ”Have the pirates been messing with the local trade routes somehow? Sabotage?”
“Either is a possibility.”

Before the conversation could continue, a group of ships popped into the scene. It was a small group, featuring a quartet of sort of custom ship design, likely heavily modified Z-95s, a pair of Y-Wings, and a pair of Lambda Shuttles. In addition to the interesting paint schemes the ships sported, the two shuttles also possessed, on their top fins, a large logo.

”There’s our pirates.”

Immediately, the ships went to work, flying in towards the lone ship to block its path, firing off a couple warning shots across its bow, likely a demonstration of power. With no signs of a fight coming from the freighter, it was not long before the shuttles docked.

”One of us against that? Odds hardly seem fair. I say we wipe them out in ten, maybe fifteen minutes.”
”So what’s the battle plan?” Morgan asked. ”I assume a straight up fight against those things is out of the question?”
“Correct. Speaking of which.”

Mere moments before yet another ship, this time a Pursuer Enforcement Vessel, entered the system and almost immediately began to open fire on the Pirates. The fighters quickly moved to intercept the ship, and it was not long before the Lambdas broke away from their target and the whole group turned tail and ran.

”Wow. With cowards like that, maybe a straight up fight isn’t out of the question after all.”

But as the pirate ships jumped into hyperspace, so too did the freighter – in the same direction as the pirates.

”Wow. Those guys know how to work quickly.”

(Click here to continue the story.)
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, April 06th 2010 05:20am    Post subject:

(Continued from Here.)

”Oh, hey, get this.”
”Get what?” Morgan said as he sat in the cockpit of the Shape, legs up on the control panels as he waited for Norrteth to return from final mission details.
”I figured out where “Scatterbrain One” came from.”

Morgan’s remaining eyebrow peaked at that claim.

”I found a log entry from their leader. Seems he organized a takeover against the former leader. Once it was completed, he executed his predecessor by blowing his brains out. Not with a blaster either. Used an old-school slugthrower. Scattered his brains about the place. When they established their new base shortly after, he named it in honor of the event.”
”I suppose that’s one way to do it.” Morgan said.

Over the past few hours, Morgan had been taking it easy. After having gone through as many pirates as Scatterbrain had thrown at him, it felt good to take some time to just kick back and do absolutely nothing. That was all he had to do, either, since Norr’ had agreed to take care of the payment details in exchange for Morgan having all but taken on the pirate band single-handedly.

Beforehand, though, the two had stopped back at Scatterbrain to join the authorities as they checked the handywork and make sure no pirates were left – a point they took seriously before agreeing to actually pay up. That, and recover most the useable goods the pirates had left behind. Again, the had mostly been Norrteth’s doing, while Morgan had slipped off and taken the opportunity to download all the computer data he could get his hands on for ZIM’s enjoyment.

“One way to do what?”

Morgan looked over his shoulder to see that Norrteth had finally returned, which was a pretty clear signal they were free to take off.

“ZIM’s just telling me about some trivia he’s discovering about our recently departed hunt.”
“Ah yes, the droid in your head.” Zu’fa said, and Morgan could detect the hint of disbelief that lingered. The gand had never really come to believe his partner about ZIM, but it was nice that he had rather quickly come around to at least play along and accept it as just a really weird quirk.
“So how was the businessing?”
“Successful, though annoying.” Zu’fa said as he took his seat and started up the ship. “They attempted to negotiate a payment of less than agreed upon, though Norrteth was successful in dissuading them from that decision.”
”Go you.” Morgan said with a sincere fist raise of solidarity.
”That certainly destroys any misgivings I might have had about the little surprise I left for them.”
”What?” Morgan asked, getting a good feeling that it would be better if his partner had no idea whatsoever about what ZIM was about to say.
”Oh, I thought a place like Scatterbrain might come in handy someday, so I did a little something to see to it that it’s location will go back to being hidden in the near future.”

Morgan sat and contemplated this as the Shape lifted off and headed for orbit.

”ZIM, what did you do?”
”Oh, nothing they’ll notice, or should care about. Just a little subroutine that their ridiculously primitive digital security net will mistake as a user error.”
”And what. Does. It. Do?
”Finds the coordinates of Scatterbrain and erases it from all their records.”

Morgan simply lowered his head into his hand in a subtle form of face-palm.

”Oh, don’t worry about it. The probability of unintended side-effects is calculated to be practically zero.”

The Shape is headed for the Mid-Rim.

(Click Here to Continue the Story.)
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, April 20th 2010 11:27pm    Post subject:

(Continued from Here.)

”So you’re certain you don’t want to change your mind and pull out?”
”That’sssss….what, the fifth? Sixth time you’ve asked me that?” Morgan said in response to his Droid unit as he temporarily ceased the process of working on his new helmet. It was an uncharacteristic question for ZIM to ask, given what he was asking about. ”How badly do you not want to go through with this?”
”Oh, it’s not me.” The droid replied calmly. ”I am entirely on board with this. It’s you that’s the issue. I keep noticing doubts on your mind about this mission.”
”Wouldn’t you normally be trying to squish them?”
”Perhaps. But the important thing here is that if you regret this later, I am the one who’s going to have to keep hearing about it from you for the rest of your life.”

Morgan couldn’t help but laugh a little. Yeah, that was the ZIM he was used to. All about his own self-preservation and how the situation would affect him.

”What’s so funny?”
”You.”
”Oh.”

Back to his work, it only took a few more touches for his new helmet to be complete.

”There we go…”

He couldn’t help but sit and admire his handiwork a little. While most of his armor he had simply modified – a paint job here, a feature moved around there, a few extra pieces to temporarily hide his mechanical features, the helmet he had purchased new through less than entirely legal sources. He had then gone at it and worked on it heavily, bringing it to an acceptable comparison to his regular headgear. More importantly, though, it would be easily disposed of once the mission was complete, and would help distinguish him as someone other than he normally appeared to be.

It was said by some that you could tell the most infamous hunters apart by either their headgear or the outstanding features on their face. Dengar had his head bandages. The Fetts had their helmet and the infamous mandalorean armor. Two hunters who’s names were still spoken from back in the Clone Wars, well before Morgans time, know as Cad Band and Embo, had appearances that still stood out thanks to their rather particular hats.

Morgan himself didn’t want to be associated with the helmet that would be seeing the Shape through the mission, even if it was never actually seen by anyone other than ‘Starbright’ and her friends she said she was bringing along. The new helmet gave him that opportunity.

It was also nearly the last touch he needed to work on before he was ready to signal his contact. The ships upgrades that Norrteth had paid for were installed. Morgan had finished with fixing up a fake id signal, which would give anyone trying to track him down a false trail to follow, though it was part-way juryrigged, so he didn’t know how long it would be reliable. Even his buddy was safely on his way to Gand, where he wouldn’t have to do anything else but get the message Morgan had handed him into the right hands.

It wasn’t much of a message, either. Nothing more than “Denon; Galactic Union - Expect Some ‘Excitement’. Higher Security Alert Recommended.” While Morgan trusted Norr’, he wasn’t as knowledgeable about the allied he would probably pass it through. Even then, he had no idea whether it would get to the right people and even if it did, whether they would find it informative enough to act upon. But at least it was something. He’d have something to fall back upon if the Union managed to catch him, and he could conceivably claim innocence if his employer somehow found out and he wasn’t able to talk her out of going through with the attack.

All that was left, then was the Shape’s outer appearance. With the other stuff he had been busy with, he had cut a minor corner to pull off giving it a different look. A few cheap, expendable utility droids had been purchased, who were giving the ship a matte black look with some white racing stripes. That, and covering up the identifying markings and adding cosmetic battle scarring. It had required he check up on them every couple hours or so, but it was worth it and the money had spent for the time he was saving. And now was another time to check up on them.

“How’s she coming?” He shouted as he walked out of the ship. He got a few positive beeps, as well as a vocal response from the head of the trio, Alpha-3.
“Statement: The designated modifications are nearly completed.”
”Good. How long do you estimate till it’s completed?” Morgan said as he stepped away from the ship and gave it a walk around look-over.
“Assumption: I estimate that these units will be completed with their task within the hour. Outer estimate places completion within the span of two hours.”

Morgan smiled at the news and how the ship was looking. It was just how he pictured it, and if he hadn’t seen the process as it was taking place, he would have hardly recognized it as Norrteth’s ship.

”Alright. Good work; Alpha, Beta, Zeta. I’ll give a hand with a few of the touches, and then signal our passengers. Assuming she’s not waiting right outside the hanger, we’ll be ready and waiting by the time she shows up.”
”Last chance.” ZIM said as he headed back inside the ship.
”If only it was.”

==========

Tag: Alex
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, April 22nd 2010 05:49pm    Post subject:

(Continued from Here.)

Nico stood on the outskirts of the hangar, overlooking the vessel indicated by the transmitter. Judging by her own inspections, Morgan had concealed the real identity well enough, so much, that even her own contacts couldn't place it. Her Starbright getup had been washed away inside Jakku's Palace, but she wasn't quite ready to reveal herself.

Wearing monk robes and a red Ithorian veil across her face, Vera walked towards the vessel. Her trandoshan comrades close behind, and an ion blaster concealed to her hip. Drekka had arranged transportation for her off world, but she wasn't entirely ready to trust the Hutt, afterall, she had just massacred a being who had lived for nearly a thousand years. The hit alone would set her forever scorned by the Hutt clans.

She crossed the hangar's floor, the aroma of Nar Shadda wasn't going to be easy to forget, especially with the type of scum she had yet to scrap from under her fingernails.

Vera stood at the entrance of the vessel, only, one of her trandoshans were absent. She had learned, throughout her years in the business, to always leave one party member outside of immediate contact. And this time, he had a sniper and, by now, a mounted rocket launcher.

She activated the communicator, "Morgan, I am here."
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, April 23rd 2010 01:56am    Post subject:

Tap, tap. Tap, tap.

Morgan woke from his nap, his eye opening for a second but immediately closing again.

Tap, tap. Tap, tap.

Again he opened his eye, but this time he looked around to see where it was coming from, and turned to face one of the utility droids just as it tapped him again, this time right on the lenses of his mechanical eye.

”What the $%#*, Alpha?” He exclaimed as he sat up and swatted the droids arm away.
“Correction: I am Beta-2.” The droid calmly responded as it stood back.
”Whatever.” Morgan said, wiping the sleep from his eye.
”Be nice. He can’t help that he has simpler programming.”
”Whatever, ZIM. What is it, Beta?”
“Response: You requested to be informed if anyone arrived. That is what has happened.”
”You know who?”
“Response: Negative.”

He looked around to see if he spot the arrivals through the front viewport, and noticed two individuals standing in the hanger area, who then proceeded to walk around to . Neither of them he recognized as Starbright. One was draped in some monk getup, the other was a trandoshan. The two factors together quickly put him on edge.

”What’s she hiding this time?”
”That she’s someone impersonating your contact?”

It was the trandoshan that worried him more. Morgan knew there were trandoshans could be friendly and nice to be around, but he had never met any himself. Rather, the few he had spent any significant time around had been questionable experiences.

”Morgan, I am here.”

To his surprise, he heard someone’s voice come from the direction of the contact pad. turned in surprise as the pad Starbright had given him activated.

”I can not believe I’m finding this surprising.” He thought to himself. ”At least it sounds like her.”

Picking the device up, he gave it another look, perhaps the first genuinely thorough look he had given it since he had gotten it, and spoke into it. He wasn’t sure if it would work, but it was better than nothing.

”Uh, yeah. I’ll be right out. Give me a minute.”

He rushed to the back area of the ship and quickly put on the armor for his torso. It was a sloppy job, but better than nothing, and would allow him to avoid keeping her waiting for too long. He then grabbed his helmet and put it on just in time to open the hatch.

He took a good look at both her and her companion as the entrance opened, and it left him with even more questions. Her face was covered as well in some kind of mismatch of fashion choices, and if his eyes weren’t deceiving him, what he could see of her revealed she was no longer blue. Yet again, he was forced to reconsider just what his perception of the woman was.

”Not too late to pull out.”
”Shush it.”

”What’s with the getup?” He said, indicating to her robes and face garb.
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, April 23rd 2010 04:13pm    Post subject:

The man's voice was inquisitive, to say the least. Now was the moment, whether he was on board or not. She slowly unwrapped the red veil covering her face. The trandoshan to her side let out a slight growl, but it was by Morgan's armored appearance. Was he expecting a fight?

The modifications to the vessel seemed to prove otherwise, such extensive detail wouldn't have been made, if he was going to double-cross her. As the last of the red veil was pulled away she spoke, "My face is unwelcome here." As it was on hundreds of planets and star systems. The bounty on her alone was enough to buy a fleet of cargo vessels. The risk of taking her in, however, might outweigh the benefits. As politicians were just as slippery, if not moreso than the typical bounty hunter.

"My name is Vera Nico, and I require passage to Denon. Will you help me, or not?" The trandoshans, both in the distant hideway and the one to her right, snarled, but kept it formal.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, April 24th 2010 03:08am    Post subject:

”Frakken’ Sithspit…”

As the veil was pulled and the woman reviled her name, the whole thing completely fell apart. Any hope that some good might come of the mission disappeared, and for the final time, his perception of the former ‘Starbright’, in truth one of the most wanted women in the galaxy, completely flipped itself on it’s head.

”And what does this say to you?”

There were hunters who would have given almost anything for an opportunity like this. To catch a bounty that would set them up for life. And his initial instinct was to do what any of them would have done – shoot the trandoshan, stun her, and go claim the biggest reward of his life.

But he didn’t. Right from the start, the whole thing had been suspect, only for him to talk himself into believing it could have been something more. Now, all he wanted to do was wipe the slate clear and forget any of this had ever happened. While he couldn’t do that, he could do the next best thing and walk away. She was offering him that opportunity, and without any real hope of talking her out of it. There would be no saving her from ruining her life. She had made that decision long ago.

”No.” He said. ”I can’t.”

For a short instant, he considered telling her why, but decided against it. Probably best if things were left as simple as possible.

”But here’s what is going to happen.” He said, stepping forward to where he was standing right outside the ship. If she didn’t like what he was telling her and decided to get violent about it, he wanted room to maneuver. ”I am going to go back into my ship, and you’re going to take your buddy and skedattle out of here. Then, both of us are going to do our bests to ignore this little happening. Assuming you don’t try to pull anything on me, I promise you that I’ll turn my back and just let you walk off without making any attempt to take you prisoner or tell anyone you were here.”

He removed his helmet, allowing her to see the serious look on his face about the situation. Hopefully, it would allow her to take it sincerely, too. Maybe, just maybe, that would be enough for her to take it and let things get back to whatever they had been before she had contacted him.

”Are we clear?”

He didn’t want to turn this into a fight, but he wasn’t sure how determined she was for a ‘yes’, and readied himself for either possibility.
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, April 24th 2010 04:07am    Post subject:

For the first time in nearly a month, she let out a laugh that echoed throughout the hangar bay, one that rivalled Jakku or Drekka's deep bellow. She had just slaughtered a Hutt inside his own Palace Throne Room, and this half-man thought he'd be able to turn away from her? "Morgan, your identity means so little to you, that you would cast me aside, and forget about me? If you do this, I'll find Phillin Kerr, and I'll kill him before you ever get anything of value."

She shook her head, "I cannot believe I missed my secondary cargo freighter, because of a mynock-brained coward." Her defiance had been legendary, and he'd hear every minute of it, "I've tried playing a soft game with you Morgan, I really did. I used my greatest connections to pull around inside the Bothan Spynet." She let that sink for a moment, not the average space traveller could pull a favor inside the most efficient intelligence gathering organization in the galaxy.

Her hands shifted inside the monk getup, retrieving the transceiver she used to locate the vessel, before tossing it aside with an annoyed flick of the wrist, "I guess you'll bend over backwards for a blue whore, but when it comes to integrity and political missions, you tap out? Is it getting a little too thick for you, Morgan?"

The rage that slipped throughout her body, was difficult to master. It was fuel, it was energy, it was life. The breath of it, caused her to nearly shake, "You must not know me too well, if you think you can just walk away, and "forget about it"?" Her laugh returned, the trandoshan snarled in retort. Voskk was ready for a fight.

"Do you not remember that I had paid you upfront, 'half now, half later'" Vera attempted to impersonate the half-cyborg's tone, referring to their conversation earlier, "nor do you recall the fact that I had paid for two guest seats in addition to myself?"

In a slow and dramatic way, she opened her arms, signalling the absence in her party, "The third is perched somewhere in the hangar bay, and I can guarantee you, he has a kill shot." Helmet or not, the rocket would spill the humanoid-half of his body, "Not that that matters."

Her arms thrust the monk robes off her body, revealing a strange device around her torso. In her right hand, she activated a deadman's switch, and in her left, extended the recently purchased ion blaster. "I have enough explosives wrapped around my body to blow this hangar to the frakken' depths of the seventh hell."

She wasn't willing to play his game, and he better not be willing to test hers. "You're taking me to Denon, whether you like it or not, Morgan."

A passerby, dressed in one of the Hutt's patrol uniforms, stopped, and in slow motion, Vera watched her trando sidestep and remove his skull with a high-yield blaster shot, the body falling slowly, before splattering across the pavement.

She turned to face the halfman, "Denon or hell, you choose."
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, April 24th 2010 05:10am    Post subject:

”You know what I said about liking her? I take it all back.”
”Not the time, ZIM. Not the )@&# frakken’ time.” Morgan said, not giving a flying sith about keeping it in his head. He was too busy trying to figure out if he could possibly work his way out of his problematic little predicament.

Initially, her ‘act’, for lack of a better word, left him not quite sure what to do. It was enough to fill him with shock, but a few deep breaths later and his mind was a bit clearer. Hopefully, he could reason this woman out correctly. If he didn’t, well, it had been nice while it had lasted.

First thought was that either she was crazy or bluffing. Her target was Denon, to blow something up there, so to suddenly just turn around and be willing to waste herself just on him would make absolutely no sense. The rest of her argument, meanwhile, put the cards in Morgans hands. For once, he was the one who had been profiled wrong. Well, except the part involving the payment. She had a really good point there.

His words, then would have to be chosen very carefully.

”You’re right. You did pay me half in advance. And it would be a real jerk move on my end to pull out without refunding that. With interest, if necessary. Sometimes those detail get forgotten when you get a bombshell dropped on you. But if you expect me to believe that you’d blow us all sky high, right here, right now, I’m not buying it. Consider who you are, after all – “Vera Nico”. A woman of your stature, to have done as much as you have, and then just throw it all away to blow up a single bounty hunter? Or to trade your supposed target on Denon for a single hanger on a planet that probably wouldn’t so much as sneeze about it? You’d have to be crazy for that, and to stay as free as you have for so long doesn’t happen when you don’t have all your wits about you.

Or, for that matter, do you pull off deceptions like you used on me. I’m going to be kicking myself over that for a while. The ‘whore’ part I saw right through soon after you started trying to hire me. The rest? Well, congratulations, you fooled me. I took you for some naive woman with a bad day in her past and the desire to take it out on the galaxy by making a statement. You want to know the reason I accepted your job? Because I hoped I could help that woman by talking her out of it and stopping her from throwing her life away. That is the sole reason I took the job. The credits were an act, and Kerr? I couldn’t care less about finding Kerr. I learned not to worry about what my past life was long ago.”

He readied himself in case she took his response as a reason to attack. He still held at least two advantages she didn’t know about which he hoped could still give him an edge if it came down to fighting. The first, the lifts on his feet, he had ready to fire up the moment it looked like she was ready to pull the trigger or blow herself up. He didn’t know if he could outfly an explosion like that, but there would be no harm in trying.

”Like it or not, your read on me is not as strong as you think. Do you really want to test how accurate the rest of your assumptions about me are?”

His look resumed a serious appearance, an effort at his best Sabacc face.

"Your move, Nico."
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, April 24th 2010 07:03am    Post subject:

Her eyes narrowed on the man, attempting to assess the situation he had re-presented. Vera tilted her head, the passage of time was becoming a problem. The longer she waited, the longer Hutt patrols had to locate her. And with the monk robes and the veil discarded...

"Morgan," she said his name, slowly, regaining the posture and attitude that was typically associated with her, "Forgive me, but I have no intention of backing down." The ion blaster now point-blank at his chest, "This little beauty, fraks the shit out of electronics. Worked great, might even be considered a super weapon for the Clone Wars," she didn't need to exaggerate the capabilities of the weapon, if he was a trained hunter, he'd know the caliber. It was enough to frak him up, machine or not. "I wonder what this will do, to you." She looked into the robotic eye, recalling the taunt he had first given her. Human replica droids were known to carry laser-eyes... she wouldn't put it pass him.

Reflexively, she allowed the reptile to step between them. Vera would count herself among the fastest of reflexes, but Voskk was special. He was gifted in this nature, primarily why she had picked the hatchmates in the first place. "You say I would be throwing my life away?" She scoffed, "My life is this. To open the eyes of the sleeping public. You think I spin webs of madness and destruction out of spite or a bad experience? Wompshit, and you know it."
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, April 24th 2010 02:02pm    Post subject:

”Why hasn’t she shot yet?”
”I’m just going to take it for the gift it is right now, ZIM.”

”Lady, I don’t give a flying sith what ‘your life’ is all about right now.” Morgan said, trying to look around the large lizard to see what Nico was up to without taking his eye off the closer threat. “What I do know is that you’ve both threatened to blow me up and shoot me with a weapon I sense you bought specifically for me. I’m sure you can imagine that I’m not taking very kindly to all this.”

At the very least, he felt safe that he had correctly called the womans threat to explode the bluff that it was. It left his mind wondering if she intended to shoot him at all, but he wasn’t about to risk the problems that would come with that assumption.

“So here’s a new question for you – are you absolutely sure you still want me to fly you to Denon? Because at this point, I’d be just as inclined to throw us all out the airlock half way there or fly straight to the middle of a sithload of people the likes of which you’re no doubt trying to stay away from. And since you can’t count me as reliable anymore, I have no reason to back down either. I’m not interested in taking you on my ship only for you to stick it to me before I can stick it to you first.”

His wrist blaster was as the ready, but still retracted and hidden from view, just waiting for him to use it. His lifts were ready, giving him the option to take to the sky at any time. All that remained was to see if she wanted to put his more dangerous skills to the test and draw all kinds of attention.

”And you can sure bet your crazy @$$ I’m not letting you take my ship and leaving me stranded here. Not without a fight.”

It was like the moments before an old-fashion duel, almost. Had they been in a more remote location, he practically could have imagined the tumbleweed rolling across the floor. If a fight was to be averted, one of them would have to back down.

He sure wasn’t going to let it be him.
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, April 25th 2010 05:58am    Post subject:

Gods damn it, she thought, immediately attempting to seize a non-lethal option. None had existed, and the fact that he was a bounty-hunter, she knew his life needed to be terminated. For the sake of the greater good, then. Just before she was about to pull the trigger, a voice sounded from around the corner.

"Droids here, get your astrometric droid. Best pilot you'd-" his voice stopped, the sight of the deceased and foul decapitation of a Hutt patrol sent a bolt of fear up the man's spine. And in the unusual standoff between Nico and Morgan, she cleared her throat, in an effort to ease the civilian.

"Merchant, it is the typical Nar Shadda business transaction, you know how it goes," she couldn't risk the droid capturing her image, "Six-thousand for the droid, and you forget what you saw here today."

The man, even with a trandoshan holding a weapon longer than the average human body span, cleared his throat, greed slipping through his lips, "An even eight, might have me forget the legendary Lady Nico." His attempted elogance had failed, but she wanted to prove a point to Morgan.

"Seven-five, or you join the patrolman."

The man conceded as the trando tossed her the credit sticks, its eyes still fixed on Morgan. The man bowed, dipping his head in a sadistic way towards the half-man, before taking steps of retreat.

Vera, nonetheless, fired on the man, a powerful stun blast propelling him across the hangar's flooring. "He'll live, and still make a profit. I'm not in the business of killing innocent civilians, and I try to take steps to minimize that entirely." The droid beeped in a pitiful way towards the salesman. "You, on the otherhand, have chosen the path to hell. And I'm going to grant you rights to the passage."

Voskk, Vera and the third Trandoshan, honing with the mini-rocket and anti-vehicle cannon, all opened fire on Morgan, and in the miliseconds between the trigger fingers, she flipped the device around from her waist, to behind her back...with a roll of the body.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, April 25th 2010 02:04pm    Post subject:

Just barely in time to avoid getting shot to bits, Morgan activated his lifts and took to the skies, his foot connecting with the chin of the trandoshan as it passed by. It left the lizard stunned momentarily, but it was long enough for the hunter to bring out his wrist blaster and shoot him. The alien was dead before he hit the ground; if not from Morgan’s shooting, than from the explosion that followed, originally meant for him and one that the stunned and shot-up trandoshan was unable to run away from.

”You do realize I’m totally going to have to kill you now, right?” He shouted as he landed on the other side of the ship, safely out of firing range from both Nico and the previously unseen attacker. While his heart was pounding, he couldn’t help but smirk at the situation, if only at the fact that she had given him the perfect signal to save his butt.

”One liners. What are you gunna do?”
”I might not even turn you in for the bounty! I’ll just dump you into a black hole or a sun somewhere to spite you!”

He reached for a grenade, only to realize he didn’t have any with him. His pack was currently empty, he having never bothered to refill it after giving his armor the retouching job.

Cursing himself under his breath, he popped back out from undercover and opened fire again. This time, at the droid, and his shots did enough damage to stop it dead. He didn’t know if Nico could fly his ship, but at least without a suitable droid unit, the security setup would keep her from flying it long enough that he’d have no trouble calling in backup of one kind or another. Assuming the firefight didn’t wreck the frakken’ thing first.

”Also, you can totally forget that refund!” He shouted again as he ducked back to cover. More shots followed, at least some of them from the elevated shooter.

”You see where he’s shooting from?” Morgan said to ZIM.
”Yeah, I think I got a location on him.”
”Good. He’s our next target.”
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, April 29th 2010 02:58pm    Post subject:

The Public Transport entered the criminal syndicate moon of Nal Hutta, the shuttle ride was quiet, at least between her and Jonas, as she contemplated her next move. Alisson had been allowed to join the Blight Leaper, she missed her duties on Kuat. Life outside of the system seemed less organized, less fulfillment than what she had received on the tight schedules of Kuat Drive Yards and the new demands Ryan had for his new company. Jonas looked worried, the fingernail-chewing suggested he was nervous. In an effort to distract him she asked, "Why are they chasing Nico? Lucas didn't give me the full story."

"I'm not really sure to be honest," Jonas answered quickly, human nerves, Alisson figured, left his answer vague, "Lucas says she's a criminal, but I haven't really heard of her."

"How could you not?"

"What do you mean?"

"Her trial alone, was famous throughout the galaxy. Her missions carry political messages, which are legendary."

Jonas shook his head, "I guess I never really watch the news?" Looking out the window, Alisson felt moved to ask a different question.

"Do you believe in fate?"

Jonas, perhaps still taken by his emotional distraction, "No, well, maybe." Alisson pointed outside the public transport, Vera Nico was engaged in what looked like a firefight. The average person, especially the locals, rolled their eyes. It seemed an everyday occurrence, used of personal confrontations that wrecked havoc on routine. The pilot of their transport voiced over the intercom a calm re-assuring message, with the undertone that he had been through this before. "Attention passengers, we are attempting to locate a nearby hangar. These things," referring to the engagement below, "Have a way of working themselves out. Welcome to Nar Shadda."

Alisson reached for her communicator, but something happened.... and everything went dark...
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, April 29th 2010 03:26pm    Post subject:

The loss of Voskk was somewhat devastating. He was relatively new to their agenda, and the fact that he perished on the first mission, had been... regretable. He was too green, and perhaps, so was his companion in the rafters. Morgan had cleansed her of one hatchling that wasn't quite ready for the fight. As Morgan took off to the skies, dodging all firepower that had been directed at him, while killing and igniting an explosion in the process... Nico was flabbergasted. Walking the ramp that extended into his vessel, she spoke into her ear piece, "I wouldn't doubt if he made an attempt on your life, Tossk" It didn't matter, the trandoshan had pledged his life to her cause, and he'd die a hero in her eyes. As she pulled apart a storage compartment, Vera yanked several information storage units from his vessel. She didn't have to crack it, at least, not yet. Pocketing them for later review.

Next she undid the circuitry of the helm, before placing a small ion grenade into the thicket of hardware. As she parted, it exploded and destroyed any kind of hope of quick repair. The damage alone, would cost his entire "earnings" Nico had paid him in the bar. She could hear the sniper fire in the distance, still protecting the closed ramp, but it didn't mean Morgan couldn't find another way in. She kept her blaster raised and her instincts well checked. The engine room had a small hum to it, as she strapped the explosive from her back to the hyperdrive. Placing connected sensory sights, it would detonate should anyone enter the room... and a backup timer for thirty-five seconds.

"Tisar, I'm going to need a distraction."

"There isss a public transssport..."

"Bring it down, Nico out."

She traced through the cooridors, activating the ramp she had locked upon entry. A large bang of thunderous porportions as the public transport came crashing down into the thicket of their firefight. Snaking through the public-transport-hazard hangar, a speeder dropped from the skies just on the otherside. A pair of barabels, her signature companions, blasting at the general location of Morgan. In a swift and sleek effort, the speeder glided away and into Nar Shadda skies.
 Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, April 29th 2010 03:37pm    Post subject:

"Frakkin'A!" Jonas exclaimed. The boy would have perished, had her artificial and superior instincts not intervened. She examined herself, relatively undamaged, the communicator, however, had been lost in the process. "Shit!" Jonas exclaimed, watching Nico take off and into the skies. He jumped up, staring in the direction until his human-eyes could no longer see her.

"We need to go, now." Alisson exclaimed, "We need to find the man she was fighting, he might know more."

I'm sure you would've stopped the hyperdrive bomb, but if not, as per your will, it should just heavily-cripple the Shape. Alisson and Jonas wish to interact with Morgan, but its not necessary. You can set that up, or they will just run into Drekka's goons when they show up...
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 03:32am    Post subject:

Giving the other shooter a reason to fire again, Morgan popped his head back up over the top of the Shape and then ducked right back down again, and then ran to the nose and leaped off for higher ground. Two shots tried to follow him. One went right through a position he had been just a split-second previous, while the next hit the other side of cover that Morgan managed to hide behind as he landed and hit the rim around the hanger rolling.

He lifted his arm up over and fired a few random shots, but it was nothing more than cover fire. It did it’s job well enough, and gave the hunter the time he needed to leap over near the shooters position.

”Hey look, it’s a twin!”

Indeed, Nico had brought not just one, but two trandoshans. The second, seeing how close it’s target had gotten, raised it’s weapon in Morgan’s direction, but was too close for it to make any difference. Stepping aside out of the immediate blaster arc, he grabbed the weapon’s barrel.

”You are absolutely no credit to your species.” He said as he yanked the weapon forward.

The lizard alien was brought along, and Morgan made the most of it by slamming his droid arm across his attackers neck, doing absolutely no favors for the windpipe concealed within. The trandoshan dropped its gun as it choked and gasped for air. Finishing the alien for as much as the fight was concerned, Morgan then grabbed the lizard man by his clothing and half-way threw him off the elevated area away from the hanger containing the Shape.

”YOU KNOW THAT?!”

He didn’t know if the trando would survive or not. He knew the species had regenerative properties, so he wouldn’t have bet against seeing him up and walking around again if he survived the fall and newfound difficulty breathing, but he wouldn’t be bothering Morgan anymore today, and that was the important thing.

”That should take care of her support.”
”Then let’s go kill that sorry excuse for a sithspawn.”

Morgan looked down at the hanger, and noticed immediately the entranceway was sealed up. It was enough to make him laugh to himself as the supposed simplicity of completing the job.

”She’s got nowhere to go!” He said with a large grin on his face.

His belief that things were about to go very well for him ended quickly. A ship, flying overhead, let out an explosion and instinctively forced him to cover, cover he was forced back into when he saw and escaping Nico being guarded by cover fire from more lizard folk, but of a different species this time.

”Oh, no you don’t…”

He fired more random cover shots, again wild and posing minimal real threat, to give himself an opening then ran as fast as he knew how. The speeder lifted up, and Morgan leapt into the air on his repulsorfeet, just in time to for the speeder to start moving away, all the while firing shots to keep himself from being completely open. He reached out with his right arm, intent on shooting a grapple rope to catch a ride, but when it failed to fire, he remembered that he wasn’t currently equipped with his grapple rope – that was built in to a section of his armor he hadn’t put on.

He let out a quick, loud curse as the speeders accelerated and rushed out of range and out of sight, and just managed to avoid hitting the ground at a dangerous speed after his feet went down for a couple seconds in reaction to his terrible realization about what how big a loss his little oversight earlier had cost him.

He came to the ground and slowly fell to his knees, then face, leaving him lying on his stomach as he gave the hanger floor a quick pound with his fist in frustration.

”So what didn’t you forget to equip today?”
”Shut up, ZIM.”
”Really, Morgan. How have you lasted as a hunter for this long?”
”Shut up, ZIM.”
”You not only let yourself…”
”Shut up, ZIM!”

Behind him, he heard footsteps and quickly rolled over. He didn’t know who they were or what they were here for, but he wasn’t feeling like taking any chances for the immediate future. His little happening with Nico had put him dangerously close to a shoot first, question later attitude.

”Who are you and where the #@)) did you come from?” he asked, his wrist laser out and pointed in the direction of the new arrivals.
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 05:05am    Post subject:

His cybernetic parts were exposed, Alisson had been completely shocked, and felt pity at the man's misfortune. She had always imitated human parameters, and this, this was horrible. Her immediate question had been Are you damaged? Had you considered artificial skin-grafting? Even Luke Skywalker was known to have a convincing artificial hand...

She figured a greeting would be most beneficial to obtaining the information regarding Vera Nico, "Alisson, this is Jonas." She pointed to herself, then the younger human next to her. "Do you require medical attention?" The question went unanswered as the man's vessel went up into a terrific explosion of flames, sending the emerging Shuttle-passengers into another panic-frenzy...

Jonas, slammed himself downwards and behind a chunk of the metal, but the blast had been reasonably minimal...effecting just the Skipray Blastboat. "Shit!" He let out, rising to shake the dirt from his clothing. "Vera Nico did that, didn't she! Where is she going, we need to know... now!" Jonas tried to sound urgent, but she could tell he was wanting to help the man of misfortune.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 05:25am    Post subject:

”Sithspit!” Morgan shouted as flames and small, relatively harmless pieces of shrapnel flew from his friends vessel.

”Woah. Norrteth is going to kill you.”
”The ship!” He shouted again as he got a good look a the damage. The exterior, at least, looked to be pretty well intact, when he remembered that all the big signs of outer damage he had put there intentionally as nothing more than aesthetics. But the insides he had not a clue about.

He pretty well shrugged off the two new arrivals as he moved to his feet and leapt over the Shape to the other side where the entrance was. He registered them as harmless - at least, not anyone who he needed to worry about attempting to harm him - based on what little he took in from them before the explosion, but the words they said went completely ignored in exchange for Nico’s ‘goodbye present’.

He stepped in through the still-burning flames and right into the ships fire-suppressant system, which he could at least be thankful was still working. Made it difficult to see much without rotating through his eye’s frequencies, and it made it near impossible to breath. What he could take in though showed him that it was not minor repair job. To say there was significant damage to the ship itself was an understatement, and he didn’t have a clue if any of his gear was ok. One of the utility droids, however, looked beat up beyond the point of being worth repairing, while the other was simply running around in a panic.

He quickly retreated back out of the ship, coughing as his lungs took a dislike to Shape’s fire-killing methods.

”I’m gunna MURDERIZE that WOMAN!” He shouted once his ability to breath was no longer impaired, not giving a hairy ewok’s hide who heard him or how they interpreted his statement. His initial outrage expressed, he took a seat on the ground and leaned his back against his friend’s ship. There really wasn’t much else he could do at the moment – the ship would take care of the fire on it’s own, and he could worry about the full extent of the damage later. For now, he simply needed to get his thoughts in order and figure out what he was going to do next.
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 06:41am    Post subject:

Jonas tugged on Alisson, "We should go, now. We have no idea if Nico rigged this whole hangar to explode."

A woman screamed from within the wreckage, or maybe, she had been screaming all along, just no one had heard her until now. Jonas ran towards the sound, Alisson moving close behind him as they weaved in and out of the shuttle compartments. "Everyone okay?" A random stranger shouted. Most were, except the awful screech that was emerging in the distance.

"HELP," the woman's desperate plea pierced the night. Jonas entered the chamber, and was slightly horrified to find a woman pinched against the spaceport flooring. Men were attempting to lift the piece off, but the feat looked nearly impossible. The woman let out another blood-curdling cry, squirming violently against the pavement.

Jonas rushed over, pushing his entire body against the bulkhead. Alisson moved closer and added her own weight, and slowly, the chunk of metal lifted off the woman. She rolled, dark red oozing from her side. It ran like a river, the slope bringing between Jonas and Alisson. "She's losing a lot of blood." Jonas removed his shirt, ripping it in half as he tied the fabric around her body.

"Gods damn it," Jonas mumbled, "Why the hell did she do this?"

Alisson, her tone muffled from the rest of the crowd, "The weapon yield was particularly small. It wasn't meant to destroy the shuttle, and statistically, everyone should have survived with only minor injuries. The bulkhead remains one of the basic design flaws of -"

Jonas nodded his head, several eyes had pressed for more information, "You know who did this?" They had questioned. Jonas turned his back, the cool night air slipping through the hull fragments and against his bare skin.

"Vera Nico."

Alisson pulled him aside immediately, "Look," she whispered softly, insuring that no one could hear or understand the direction she had indicated. A broken Trandoshan attempted to heave himself off the floor... he looked pretty bad. Jonas parted the gathering of passengers, picking up a fallen blaster, presumably belonging to the Trando.

"You work with Nico, don't you?" Jonas looked backwards, double-checking to be sure no one else had made the connection. The last thing they needed was a flash-mob to kill the only living informant on Nico.

The creature remained silent. "We need to get him out of here. Governments would pay top dollar for him."

Jonas Eisley First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 07:29am    Post subject:

A mechanical foot stepped right next to the Trandoshan’s head, and Morgan ZIM reached down to heave the alien so that their faces were more or less level.

“I’ll be taking him, then.” the cyborg said, his face squarely focused on the half-broken lizard creature. ”I’m going to need those credits to pay for the repairs his little friend did to the Shape.” He looked past the trandoshan for a second and directed his next question to the mystery duo. “I mean honestly, who died and made her queen $*%^( of the universe?”

After having sat down and allowed his mind to spread out a little rather than being so single-focused, the world was allowed to join in the perspective, which for the first time gave him a real look at the damage of the shuttle craft, the people in it, and the actions of the two people that had greeted him. It brought him to his feet, yet while he knew he probably should have helped, he wasn’t quite snapped back into action. It wasn’t until Nico’s name was mentioned once again, along with the opportunity for credits to be earned, that he was moving back in full form.

He had taken notice as the two directed their attention towards something that intitally, he couldn’t see. He had seen the blaster, and moving around a little, he could see the trandoshan he had thrown off the roof. He had come out better than Morgan had expected, all things considered. And the what’s his face and what’s her name were taking particular interest in what Morgan was pretty dang sure couldn’t be counted as anything by his bounty by this point.

”That, and why should they get paid for our work?”
”That’s right. I broke him, it’s only fair that I get paid for him.”

--------------

Hope I haven’t overstepped the boundaries here…I can edit if you need things to go differently.
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 04:01pm    Post subject:

Alisson processed the information before her, sending Jonas back to the wreckage to retrieve their communication device. "I have never really experienced a life where credits had become a weekly pursuit." A moment later, and Jonas was returning with the device Tseneca had slipped to her. "We wish to extract information from the Trando, then you can have him."

Alisson spoke into the communicator, dialing specifically for Tseneca. No answer. Odd, perhaps they were still on a lead to be connected with Drekka. She clicked on Durron's name. "Unless you would enjoy a quarrel with the Jedi Order as well, I suggest you allow us this time."

Jonas added, "Look, what she is trying to say, is that we have some friends, who are not far away. You can take the trandoshan to whatever government you want, but we need to know where Nico is going."

"Master Kyp Durron," Alisson spoke, clicking the device on a louder function, "We have a lead on Nico, one of her hired help, but might run into a few problems. I'm sending you our location now."

Jonas was a little nerved, the cyborg most have intimidated him. The truth was, Alisson had a ninety-seven percent chance of matching his strength, reflexes and enhancements. Ryan Davad had been the owner of Cybot Galactica, and placed many pet projects, stamina and abilities into "her bag of tricks".

Tag: Kyp Durron
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 04:20pm    Post subject:

”Oh, please. You really think this pile of droppings is going to help you that much?” Morgan replied as he practically threw the Trandoshan back to the ground. ”If she has any suspicion he’s still alive, I doubt she’ll use any of the safe houses this guy’ll know about.”
”I think she means her long-term plans, you idiot.”
”Oh.” Morgan realized out loud. It was times like this he was glad to have something in his head to provide an alternative perspective on things.

”Good point. Well I can tell you that. Before she tried to kill me and blow up my ship, she was blabbing something about Denon.” The cyborg said, happy to tell them what they knew if it meant getting a paycheck on the alien sooner rather than later. ”She was all on about “I’m going to wake the galaxy up” this and “blow up Galactic Union stuff” that. Banking stuff, if I recall correctly. But again, she probably knows I’m still alive, that the rats out of the bag now, and may just hedge her bets on some other plan.”

He gave the Trandoshan a small kick as it lay on the ground, really a tap more than anything.

”Go ahead and question him though, if you really need to. But I’d suggest not trying to pull a fast one on me. I’d very much like to have those credits, I’ve been put in a real bad mood right now, and don’t have time for more stupid underhanded cross tricks and other lousy annoying acts.”
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Shape (Modified GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: