Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Kashyyyk, Rwookrrorro
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Kashyyyk, Rwookrrorro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 09th 2009 10:15pm    Post subject: Kashyyyk, Rwookrrorro

Kashyyyk ‘Outsiders’ Section of Rwookrrorro

Badim and Clare walked along the wooden planks of Rwookrrorro towards the Outsiders Section. A section in the city reserved for Non-Wookiee residents. Their first stop was the Cantina in the ‘O. S.’ there they would get the information they needed to find Sara. They both entered the Cantina to a nearly empty bar, only the bartender polishing a glass and one patron, drinking an unknown beverage. Badim motioned Clare to stay put and wait for him, while he moved to the counter.
The man noticed him approaching him and said, “What can I get you?”
“Information.”
“What kind?” Badim brought out a small holopad, pressed a button and a cropped holopic of Sara Soto appeared, the one from Corellia, being the most recent, “I need to find a Sara Soto, she’d be 24 now. Seen her?” The man glanced at the image and shook his head, “Sorry, can’t help you.” The man said as he went back to polishing the drinking glass. The patron noticed the still active image, being held out of disbelief by Badim. “What business do you have with her, stranger?” The man said, catching Badim’s attention.
“I need to return this to her.” He replied, showing the locket to the man.
“How can I trust you? You know, I was told she was hunted by a man who looked like you…” Badim’s mind started to click as he replied, trying to figure out who he was, “I killed the one I worked for, the one who wanted her dead five years ago.”
“How do I know you won’t shoot me in the shoulder if-” The man mistakenly voiced his thoughts, “I mean…”
“You!” Badim concluded, “Shawn Collier?” The man looked around the room franticly, exposed, before replying, “I’ll never let you kill her!” Badim rushed at him and grabbed his shirt and lifted him up in the air, “Listen! You TELL me where she is! Or…”
“Or what?”
“Or…” Badim couldn’t kill him, he was an innocent. He let him down and hid his face behind his hood. Clare stepped in and said, “Sir, uh… Mister Collier? Badim is telling the truth.”
“How can I trust you either?” Clare gathered herself, straightened and said, “He told me what happened that night, when he went to assassinate her.”
“Yeah, that she jumped and escaped-”
“You’re wrong. The person who wanted her dead, wanted her locket as a ‘Prize’. So, Badim convinced her to give him the locket, that way Urnath Dirod would believe she was dead.”
“But…”
“He saved her. Now all he wants to do is return the locket to her.” Badim turned to Clare and smiled, “Thank you, Clare.”
“I-I…” The man stuttered, his head sunk and replied, “I don’t know where she is…”
“What?” Clare and Badim replied.
“The last I heard of her was of her going into the Shadowlands… I don’t know why… But that was the last time I heard from her.” He paused,
“She might be off planet, but I’m sure she would have talked to me if she was leaving the planet. That might have explained why our ship was stolen. But I’ve never seen her leave the Shadowlands.” Badim and Clare looked at each other, thinking the same thought.
Badim nodded and looked at the man, “Then it looks like I’m going into the Shadowlands.”

Badim Soilding First Previous Next Latest

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, September 11th 2009 09:48pm    Post subject:

The basket slowly lowered Badim into the Shadowlands, after talking to the current chieftain of Kashyyyk, Raabaruun, he allowed him to go alone, with the next group of teenage Wookiees, going through the Hrrtayyk Ceremony, a right of passage ceremony to teach young wookiees how to survive in the Shadowlands. The wookiees only spoke to each other, leaving Badim to his thoughts. He recited the Way of the Blade to calm his mind, he knew what he was going to face, he knew he needed a calm and active mind, to overcome and outlast his upcoming opponent. He closed his eyes and began his recital:
To mold the mind and body.
To cultivate a vigorous spirit. Images from his dream appeared in front of his closed eyes,
And through correct and rigid training, to strive for improvement in the Way of the Blade. He remembered all the training he’d gone through over his career as an Assassin.
To hold in esteem human courtesy and honor.
To associate with others with sincerity.
Sara appeared in front of him,
To forever pursue the cultivation of oneself.
And to stay ones Blade from the flesh of the Innocent.
Sara disappeared, a reminder of him sparing her from his blade. His eyes opened, his eyes now adjusted to the darkness of the Shadowlands, he saw the forest floor approaching slowly towards him. It touched the ground, the rope above him gained slack as it lowered a little more. He respectfully let the other wookiees exit first; they were bigger and stronger than him. He remembered when Dirod had him go on a mission against a fully grown wookiee… Warir’kar….

~~~One year ago~~~

Badim settled himself atop a building overlooking the cantina Warir’kar was bouncing for. He was getting himself ready for his duty. Warir’kar worked as a Bounty Hunter, Bodyguard and All around brute for a rival crime lord, Candrog, a Twi’lek that had been a longtime rival of Dirod. Little did Badim know, some-if not all of the targets that Badim was sent to kill, were working for Candrog, Warir’kar was his number two Assassin/Bounty Hunter. Dirod didn’t know of his number one, so his number two would have to do. Badim made a climb from a balcony below with a pair of cleats and a tow-cable – fired from an attachment on his X-45 sniper rifle – to get himself into position. Badim heaved the sniper rifle onto the ledge of the rooftop building and aimed down the sights. He saw the entrance to the Cantina, people were lined up at it. Waiting for the bouncer, Warir’kar, to open the door and start letting people in, he did this as a side job, when he wasn’t hunting. Badim saw the door open, prepped his finger on the trigger, held his breath, and waited. A man walked out and told the people there to wait just a little longer for the bouncer to arrive, and then they could get in on the bouncer’s approval. Badim exhaled his breath and flexed his fingers, keeping his eye in the sights, waiting for his target. Then a brown mass of hair appeared from the doorway, Warir’kar. He crossed his arms and nodded to the people one at a time, allowing them entry. Badim took a deep breath, took aim, and pulled the trigger. A green beam of light ejected out of the end of the barrel and made its way for the wookiee. But just after he pulled the trigger, the wookiee shifted just so the blaster bolt would enter its shoulder instead of its head. Warir’kar reacted to the shot not as Badim hoped, barely shrugging him. The wookiee’s muscle mass was so much in the arms, that it didn’t to anything. People scattered in every direction, and Warir’kar ran inside. Damn, Badim muttered in his head, Looks like I’m doing it the hard way. He stood up, placed the grappling spike into the grapple attachment to his sniper rifle –Jerry-rigged of course— and fired.

It shot into the wall of the cantina with a rope attached to one end of it. He turned around, tied the other end into a hook on the roof, and jumped off the edge. He felt a gliding sensation for a moment, before clipping himself onto the rope, just before it left his reach. A hard jerk followed shortly afterwards. He glided down towards the cantina. His eyes squinted as his concentration was turned towards the landing. He pulled out his vibroknife and readied it against the clip holding him onto the zip-line, just shy of touching it. He waited until the perfect moment, and then sliced into it.
He flew, arms spread out like a bird. He tucked his legs in and forced a roll. His legs landed first, inertia kept him rolling, dispersing the force of the landing. He stopped it by forcing himself to the right and swinging his left leg out to act as a brace. The lot was empty, the people left surprisingly quick. He brought out his E-11 blaster and kept it hidden beneath his cloak as he entered the cantina. The lights were dimmed down, no one was inside, except for one wookiee. He could hear him breathing, until it stopped. And a roar shouted out, followed with Badim pinned against the wall by his neck. He couldn’t understand what the wookiee was saying, but he’d guessed it was a response to Badim’s assassination attempt. The cleats! He kneed Warir’kar in the groan, dropping him. Badim kicked him in the face, throwing him in his back.
He brought his E-11 from beneath his cloak, Warir'kar grabbed his leg and threw him across the room, Badim hit the wall hard, enough to make him a little dazed, but not unconscious. He saw the wookiee charging towards him. One chance, he fired three shots in quick succession at Warir’kar’s head, killing him instantly. He fell to the ground hard. Badim stood up, brought out his vibroknife and cut off a hunk of hair, another prize for Dirod.

~~~Present~~~

Badim nodded to the elder wookiee thankfully, who pointed the way towards Sara’s last known location. It seemed everyone in Rwookrrorro knew Sara and Shawn. Sara told the wookiee where she was going, with him being a close friend of Sara and Shawn, in case anything happened. Badim began his trek through the thick brush of the Shadowlands.

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, September 15th 2009 10:30pm    Post subject:

After another quiet ride back up the basket, Badim saw nothing but the same darkness as he found in the Shadowlands, though, it was night here in Rwookrrorro. He stepped off the platform, greeted by a pair of Wookiees, helping him and Diann off it. Diann looked around, with a curious gaze, to his guess; she’d been in the Shadowlands longer than she said she was. She smiled as she looked at the people and wookiees. Probably the first contact she’d had with anything in a long while. Not trying to kill her at least.
“My ship’s this way.” Diann kept her gaze on the people, replying, “Uh-huh. Lead the way.” She subtly looked down at his arm, being held by the other.
“What do you think the reaction uh-Clare will have with your arm?” She said as they began to walk down towards the docks. Badim looked down at it. Shook his head and said, “You know? I don’t.”

Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 22nd 2010 02:19am    Post subject:

Sara opened her mouth. The emotionless tone and dismissal in his voice made her want to react and try to snap him out of this sorrow state he was in. What she couldn’t understand was if he was that thin-lined that two slaps to the face and a training saber slash to the chest could throw him into such a state. Maybe she awoke something that he had buried.
“Sean…” she murmured, trying to think of something to soften his mood. She couldn’t, and concentrated on her task, “I’ll be back.”
She rose from the copilot seat and exited the cockpit, waiting at the door to see Sean frozen in his seat. Unmoving and deep in thought. His body shivered subtly from a wave of emotions, ones Sara could feel emanate through her, the most prominent being sorrow. She stayed for a moment, trying to emanate calm and understanding through The Force, like she felt Lucas implant into her in The Sarlacc to calm her emotions. She didn’t feel Sean get any better, or any worse. At least she tried.

Sara checked her belt and gripped her training saber. She couldn’t have it dangling around in the open, and went to her cabin to grab her jacket. She placed it in one of the inside pockets and zipped the jacket up half-way. If something happened where she ended up in a firefight, she could use The Force to instantly unzip her jacket and pull her saber out to action. She just hoped she didn’t have to do that.
The boarding ramp was already lowered and she stepped out in to the familiar air of Kashyyyk. She took in a very deep breath through her nostrils, exhaling in bliss as she was welcomed by the fresh, clean air of the enormous wroshyr trees. Her eyes opened to the lush greenery of the planet, and welcomed into the Outsider Sector by a docking clerk. The man asked for seven hundred credits for docking fees and Sara tilted her head to The Nova Hound.
She handed the man a credit chit with the amount in it and continued into the city of Rwookrrorro. Her first stop would be the cantina there, where she could find her uncle. Shawn Collier

Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
The Dark and Winding Road First Previous Next Latest

Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 22nd 2010 04:53am    Post subject:

Sara walked into The Sage Kinrath, named after the numerous kinrath that wandered around the outskirts of the city and in the Shadowlands. Not as prominent as history would dictate due to the distant Clone Wars and upbringing of the first Galactic Empire, but still a threat to unwary travelers. The cantina was numerous with patrons, and Sara had to reach out to find the familiar feelings of her uncle. She always had a way of knowing when he was around. Sober or drunk, she knew when he was walking up behind him for some reason, and her latent Force abilities were the possible solution to that mystery. The emotions here were higher than a Whisper Bird flying from the rooftops of Coruscant. She sifted through them, looking for familiarities that she could recognize as Shawn. Come to think of it, Shawn wasn’t technically her uncle. Just a close friend of her family and taking her in after her parent’s death. Nonetheless, she still regarded him as part of her family for taking care of her in that tough tribulation.

She felt bad that she was forced to leave without telling him that she was alive, and not in the Shadowlands. Sara still had no idea of Badim’s true meaning in finding her, the purpose simply to return what she had lost so long ago to save her life. Now she needed to let Shawn know that she was out of the Shadowlands and on the Path of becoming a Jedi, and she might have just found him. There was a middle-aged man with his back turned to her, hunched over a drink he dared even look at. Though his emotions were clear and mournful, not fogged or drowned. At least he was sober. He might have just been starting his day and night.

Sara walked up behind Shawn. It certainly was him. His dark, graying hair combed smoothly over his face. The thing that was different about him is he had a darkening jaw line from a growth of hairs. But he still wore his favorite cologne: Spice of Corellia. It reminded her of being back on The Glorious Escape, the freighter they traveled in before they arrived on Kashyyyk. He always wore it no matter the occasion. The only time she hadn’t smelled him wearing it was after the loss of her parents and his once friends.
“Buy me a drink?” She said in a tone he’d remember, “I’d like a Ruby Blies with a squirt of Muja Fruit Juice.”

The man straightened and cocked his head, then whirled around to see Sara’s smiling face. His expression and eyes instantly brightened from whatever state he was in, rushed his thought-of niece and embraced her, “Oh Gods!” he exclaimed, pulling away and gripping her shoulders. Looking her over and her bright red hair. He instantly felt worried from what she could tell from his emotions, why she was revealing her identity. Noticing she wasn’t using her once-usual black hair dye. He shook his head and concentrated on the now, “Where have you been?”

Sara tilted her head and smirked in innocence, “Traveling. With, uh-” her smirk grew a little wider and sloppier, a little worried at how he would react when she told him that she had been traveling with, “The assassin from Nar Shaddaa.”

“What!?” Shawn exclaimed, more than a little taken back.

Sara reached her hand to her chest and pulled her locket out, “He didn’t try anything. I swear. He only wanted to give this back to me.”

Shawn looked at the locket, then sighed in relief, “So he was telling the truth,” Sara looked at Shawn curiously. And Shawn continued after noticing her confusion, “He came to me around a month ago with a woman named, kriff what was her name--”

“Clare.” Sara smiled, “She’s one of--used to be one of my best friends. And…Involved with the assassin Badim.” her voice trailed off. She hadn’t thought of Clare in a while, the only portion actually coming back to her was kissing Badim in an attempt to comfort him in his loss. She sighed mournfully, “We all had a bit of an adventure together. We went back to Nar Shaddaa shortly after Badim and I left the Shadowlands, killed Urnath Dirod again. Then crashed on Rhen Var,” Shawn was about to speak up, before Sara continued to stop an interruption, “We got out of that mess thanks to a few Jedi, and joined up with The Blight Leaper. Yada yada yada. Things…Happened throughout our journey together. About a week ago, a close friend of mine, and myself were briefly eaten on Felucia by a Sarlacc--”

“Holy Kark!” Shawn yelled, though he quickly let his voice calm and laughed, “You’re lying. You were always good at--”

Sara pulled up her shirt just enough to show a scar on her side, showing two of the many healing and fading entry wounds of the tentacles. She looked at Shawn in the eyes, the reminder of the event coming back to her and making them throb. So many things had happened inside, and it was hard to bare the thoughts of so many victims and the memories from Jonas. The two cared for each other deeply, that was one of the reasons why she left, she kept telling herself. Sara wouldn’t want anyone coming between her and someone else. And she didn’t want to do the same to Jonas and Lucas.
Shawn frowned and motioned her to a secluded table in the Kinrath. They sat and she told him everything that had happened during her travels with Badim, Clare and The Blight Leaper. Leaving out the details on Jonas and Lucas after The Sarlacc. After the fit she went into in the medical bay and spurting out to Tseneca and Alisson about Jonas and Lucas being together, she didn’t want to have it spread around, no matter how hard she wanted to vent it.

Then she told him of recent, “We left for Naboo, where on the way things started happening around me.” Shawn instantly grew gradually pale, “First it was a glass shattering out of no where. Then a set of lights turning off on their own. Then a door closing,” she trailed, explaining the headaches she was experiencing as well, “Tseneca and Jonas came back from the Palace and that’s when everything went down hill for me. I don’t know how to explain it to you in any other way except to show you this…”

She pulled open her jacket and revealed her training saber, and Shawn almost fell backwards in his seat. She lifted a hand and her hilt unhooked itself and slowly floated into her hand. Shawn was mystified.
“Who taught you that?” Shawn asked with his eyes wide open, “It wasn’t that Master Tarison Var, was it?”

“Who? Wait…” she closed her eyes and relived her memories from years ago. Seeing the cloaked man touch her forehead and search her being. Then tell her parents she could receive training. She opened her eyes and shook her head, “No no. Sean…Um… I don’t know his last name. But he’s…” she didn’t know what to really say about Sean at this time, “A good teacher in the least when sober.”

Shawn shook his head, “You haven’t been drinking lately, have you?”

Sara smirked, something she was getting used to doing, “Just a little back on Corellia. But I can take care of myself now. And I wasn’t nearly as good as I am now when Badim first came after me on Shaddaa five years ago.”
They continued to talk for who knows how long. Long enough for most of the other patrons to leave hung over and drunk for sure. But the thought kept ringing in her mind and ears:

Tarison Var… Who was he really?

Tag: Chukles

Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 22nd 2010 02:18pm    Post subject:

Shawn and Sara left The Sage Kinrath in favor of the fresh green smells of the planet. They had over two years of catching up to do, and did so in just a few hours. Shawn had always been cautious about his thought-of niece, so she left out the part of Sean and her in the cargo hold last night. She had made inquiries on her parents. What they were like before they died. She knew they were good parents and good to her, but she never really knew them that well. They were taken away from her before she turned sixteen. She wished she could have their arms around her right now, after so long without a comforting embrace she wanted more of it. Even with Shawn’s arm around his niece’s shoulder, she wanted to feel the warmth of her parents again. He was happy to tell her everything on his close friends.
But when Sara had mentioned her latent abilities surfacing, she saw him grow pale. She knew instantly that he knew about her powers, strengthen by the reveal of the name of the Master that came to her during her childhood. Tarison Var.

She turned to her thought-of uncle as they walked in the general direction of The Nova Hound, “How long have you known about my powers?”

Shawn shifted his shoulders uneasily, his emotions dictated the same uneasiness, “About the same day your parents were told that you could hone your abilities, they told me.”

“Why did they not want me to know about my powers? Or get control over it?”

“They were afraid they’d lose you like your older brother, Ganner,” Sara’s eyes widened and she tried to search her memories, seeing nothing of an older brother. For all she had been told she had been an only child on Nar Shaddaa, why had Shawn and her parents kept so many things from her? “He was a Padawan under Tarison Var and he was killed on one of their missions against the Empire. He was only fourteen and you were five when this happened. You hadn’t seen your brother since you were one, after he visited us to see his new sister, and we were afraid if you went down the path of the Jedi you'd--”

Sara snapped, “And that’s the reason why my parents kept me from my powers? Just because they were afraid of losing me? I-” she sighed. Taking a breath and gathering herself before something wrong slipped out. She couldn’t combat the past, “Let’s just get to the ship I’m on. It’s over there.”

Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Kashyyyk, Rwookrrorro
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: